2019 Pacific Endurance Series - New Regulations on the Way!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2019 Pacific Endurance Series - Sign-Up & Preparation

Post by Nessafox »

Those looking for a more obscure driver with rather questionable racing pedigree, Kim-Jong Sung exists, and is asian (true korean)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Racing Heart

Re: 2019 Pacific Endurance Series - Pre-Season Preparation

Post by Racing Heart »

Biscione wrote:Team Name: Nismo
<snip>

I've made revisions to the factory team rules that allow for at least ONE team to be a guaranteed factory team. These teams have been preselected by me, but can be run by any user that has significant previous experience with their manufacturers in other series.

Due to Bisci's heavy influence on Nissan's sports car campaign over in FIA Endurance Challenge, he has control over NISMO. The other two guaranteed teams are Toyota Team TOM'S (fielding the Toyota Supra Gr.1), and Team Kunimitsu (fielding the Honda NSX-R Gr.1), and are looking for experienced team principals with significant factory program connections.

Miguel98 wrote:I haven't had time to post an entry, so I ask: is there still space for a privateer, or can I go on the waiting list?

There's way more than enough room, go ahead and setup a team :D Just be warned that the Honda side of things is... busy. :P

Regenmeister94 wrote:BTW Racing Heart, when will we be allowed apply for sponsors? I'm assuming that since no-one else has asked for one, that it's being done after the cars get distributed.

I want to say that I'll start letting teams apply for sponsors once all three of the Factory Group 1 manufacturers (Honda, Toyota, and Nissan) have at least three applicants each.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Ataxia wrote:
FantometteBR wrote:
Ataxia wrote:Former endurance and GT racer Leandro Moreira (BRA) is looking for a seat in PES.

Would he like to get a seat at Grand Honshu Racing team?

Yeah, not a problem. Ideally he'd like to partner Oliveira in the #444, but it's your call.

Let's make the 444 an all-Brazilian attack then!
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Regenmeister94 wrote:
Gonzalez wrote:Former F5000 driver Roberto Zayas would be interested in a ride in this series.

K-Apex would be happy to have Roberto complete our line-up.

BTW Racing Heart, when will we be allowed apply for sponsors? I'm assuming that since no-one else has asked for one, that it's being done after the cars get distributed.

Zayas happily accepts the offer.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Team Name: Gainer
Headquarters: Kyoto
Car Class: GT Group 2
Car Selection: Nissan Fairlady Z
Car Number: #10
Tire Supplier: Michelin
Driver #1: Egor Orudzhev
Driver #2: André Couto
Driver #3 (if applicable):
*If a car has multiple upgrade paths, please pick the path you want to use for the Season
#These tire brands are for Group 2 teams only.

Do I choose the upgrade path?
Last edited by Miguel98 on 06 Nov 2016, 20:54, edited 1 time in total.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Racing Heart

Post by Racing Heart »

Miguel98 wrote:*If a car has multiple upgrade paths, please pick the path you want to use for the Season
Do I choose the upgrade path?

Only if a car has multiple upgrade paths. The 350Z only has a single upgrade path. It is the Tuner upgrade path.
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Gonzalez wrote:
Regenmeister94 wrote:
Gonzalez wrote:Former F5000 driver Roberto Zayas would be interested in a ride in this series.

K-Apex would be happy to have Roberto complete our line-up.

BTW Racing Heart, when will we be allowed apply for sponsors? I'm assuming that since no-one else has asked for one, that it's being done after the cars get distributed.

Zayas happily accepts the offer.

Welcome aboard Roberto, please don't mind the K-Pop and DON'T TOUCH THAT NOTE 7.
Manager of Calsonic Team Impul in Formula E, K-Apex in PES & Eurasian F3 and Mitsuoka in Alt-F1 '76.
My career mode thread - 1988: AGS (19pts, 9th) // 1989: Arrows (25pts, 8th, 1 win!)
You'll never DNF if you always DNPQ. #RollSafe
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

Team Name: People's Republic Racing
Headquarters: Beijing,China
Car Class: 2
Car Selection: Mosler M900 (Homologated)
Car Number: 922
Tire Supplier: Advan
Driver #1: #922 Ho-Pin Tung
Driver #2: #922 Cheng Confu
Driver #3 (if applicable): #922 Ren Wei
FIAT Group, finding loopholes in the FIA rulebook since it's inception.
Racing Heart

Post by Racing Heart »

Racing Heart wrote:Caution: Due to technical and time limitations, the tire's side wall does not match the manufacturer you will select. This will be corrected for future seasons.

How about doing those graphical revisions now, instead? May as well go all-out if I'm going to be this obsessive, right?
http://imgur.com/a/YUctH

Also, I have a really, really, really insane plan on top of what's already planned for the Factory Group 1 teams. All I'm gonna say is that, on top of these upgrades, the "leader" of each Factory Group 1 program gets to build, supply, sell, and modify G1 cars as they see fit. Want ultra-high performance lightweight suspension arms? Maybe an engine block built from exotic materials? How about direct fuel injection?

Nobody, not even myself, is probably prepared for this.
Racing Heart

Post by Racing Heart »

As promised, I will now run the RNG decisions on which teams will get to run as a Factory Honda team, from those who applied. The average of the median 3 numbers in five rolls (rounded down) will be used to determine if you get the contract or not.

Scuderia Tsujimura are a team whose background seems to only really include Autoreject United Nippon Series, intending to field a pair of Dome-Hondas. Seems pretty promising, but they're a bit of an unknown...
1-70 Honda accepts Scuderia Tsujimura as a Factory team.
71-100 Go get ****faced off of somebody else's Group 1 program you drunkards.
34, 38, 58, 66, 86 = median 3 averages 54. Drinks on the house for everyone, Scuderia Tsujimura are a factory team!

Takagi Racing Enterprises have had some history in the past of fielding Honda-powered entries, most notably in the 2015 Rejects of LFS season, where they finished 5th in both the Driver's and Team's championships. That's been a long while now, and since then the team's put up some seriously lackluster results in its successor, AutoReject 3.5...
1-50 Honda accepts Takagi Racing Enterprises as a Factory team
51-100 TRE should start writing an article to submit to pretendracedrivers.gpr.ca on why Honda won't accept them despite their supposed loyalty.
13, 47, 76, 83, 90 = median 3 average 68. Just another pretend racing team...

Leketus Motorsport, Grand Honshu Racing, do you intend on applying to field a Factory Group 1 NSX-R? Both of you were unclear on this.
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

Erm... Racing Heart, BORC applied for a factory Honda too- where does this place us?
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
Racing Heart

Post by Racing Heart »

This Could Be You wrote:Erm... Racing Heart, BORC applied for a factory Honda too- where does this place us?

Sorry! I had a feeling I forgot someone in all of this.

So... BORC. Like Scuderia Tsujimura, they're a bit of an unknown, in what seems to be their first year in both Autoreject Nippon United Series and PES... but they're intent on running Honda power in both, so that's one point in their favor. Looking to sign Sato and Izawa, both well known Honda drivers, is another.
1-75 Honda takes a relatively small chance on BORC, announcing them formally as a factory-supported team.
76-100 The Honda higher-ups bark at BORC to go away.
23, 32, 41, 81, 99 = average of median three is 51. If things go their way this season, the so-called Backmarker Auto Racing Team are going to have change their name next year. Honda welcomes BORC onboard as the second Factory team! :D
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

(Thanks) BORC is delighted to have Honda's support behind them for this season, and hope we can deliver on our promise.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

Racing Heart wrote:Leketus Motorsport, Grand Honshu Racing, do you intend on applying to field a Factory Group 1 NSX-R? Both of you were unclear on this.

Nah, I'll go for a tuner effort.

And by the way, if one or both of my cars fail to get in Group 1 then would I be allowed to try entering Group 2 instead?
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

As stated on Discord, I'll revert my Group 1 entry to a private entry. :|
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Racing Heart

Post by Racing Heart »

Still waiting on Grand Honshu Racing to state if they want privateer or factory NSX-R Group 1s.
I will do RNG decisions on the Factory Toyota G1s soon.

In other news, I have a completely insane announcement/proposal for Group 1 teams, especially those that are using Japanese cars.

I will now be opening up three spots for users, called the Manufacturer Director (name pending). As the Director, you will oversee construction of all Group 1 cars for a given manufacturer. Each manufacturer is represented by ONE user, with an extensive history and reasoning behind why they should be allowed to control development of the Group 1 program.

As a Group 1 Manufacturer Director, you will design individual cars, which will be sold off to be used by prospecting PES G1 teams both factory-supported and privateer. You must walk a fine balance between a fast, technologically advanced car, and a cheap, inexpensive, and hopefully reliable car. And you'll be serving the needs of multiple teams. Each car you build is unique, unless you choose to use the same build style across multiple cars, of course - but for G1 teams, cars are a finite quantity that must either be carefully maintained or replaced when they eventually go boom.

Here are the choices you would have to build cars with if this proposal were to go through.
Engine Blocks determine how reliable, heavy, and costly the engine is.
  • Aluminum engines are boring, cost-effective, and reliable, but heavy.
  • Aluminum-Silicone Alloy engines are more costly, lighter, and slightly less reliable.
  • Magnesium engines are the lightest, but cost an arm and a leg to build, and have questionable reliability.

Piston Casting determines fuel consumption, power, and reliability.
  • Forged pistons are your usual high-performance pistons, well-rounded, no real problems.
  • Lightweight forged pistons are thinner, lighter pistons, enabling greater high-end power, but suffers in reliability.
  • Low friction pistons are pistons specially cast for efficiency purposes, but are really fragile.

Valvetrain and Top End Builds determine power, cost, handling, and reliability.
  • Pushrod top ends are super cheap and reliable, not very efficient, but also very small and thus good for handling.
  • Dual Overhead Camshaft top ends are expensive, not quite as reliable, but very efficient. However, they also make the engine really tall and are heavy due to their complexity, thus compromising handling.

Fuel Injection and Power Systems determine power, fuel efficiency, reliability, and cost.
  • Multi-point fuel injection is a basic, relatively cheap, and very reliable system, though it is not very powerful.
  • Direct fuel injection (DFI) is an advanced, expensive, powerful system, but its reliability is somewhat average.
  • DFI + Hybrid is the ultimate in power and fuel economy, but it will cost your kidney and another leg and its reliability is questionable.

Suspension Systems determine handling consistency, and resistance to wheel detachments in collisions.
  • Double Wishbone suspensions are cheap and cheerful options for race cars, and are plenty durable in collisions.
  • Pushrod suspension is complex, handles well, is kind of expensive, and doesn't hold up in a crash as well.
  • Pushrod Front & Rear Multi-Link suspension is stupidly complex, very fragile, really expensive, but handle exceptionally well.

Body Panels determine weight, handling, and resistance to front splitter and rear wing detachments in collisions.
  • Thin Carbon Fiber panels are very, very light, but will break at seemingly minor hits.
  • Medium Carbon Fiber panels are lightweight, and hold up alright in a collision.
  • Fiberglass is heavy as heck, will hold up fine in a collision, and is very, very cheap.

Gearbox Housings determine weight, cost, and gear shifting times.
  • A steel gearbox housing is heavy, but very cheap.
  • An aluminum gearbox housing is middling in weight, but still somewhat cheap too.
  • A carbon fiber housing is very light and a bit expensive, but to maintain reliability, has to shift slower.

Note that not every car that a Manufacturer Director builds has to be built the same way. You can build a very expensive, high tech car, and then a cheapo reliable car that is slow, and a bunch of things in between. Note that the budget for a Manufacturer Director is kept separated from his or her Teams if they already manage one.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Racing Heart wrote:Still waiting on Grand Honshu Racing to state if they want privateer or factory NSX-R Group 1s.

In other news, I have a completely insane announcement/proposal for Group 1 teams, especially those that are using Japanese cars.

I will now be opening up three spots for users, called the Manufacturer Director (name pending). As the Director, you will oversee construction of all Group 1 cars for a given manufacturer. Each manufacturer is represented by ONE user, with an extensive history and reasoning behind why they should be allowed to control development of the Group 1 program.

As a Group 1 Manufacturer Director, you will design individual cars, which will be sold off to be used by prospecting PES G1 teams both factory-supported and privateer. You must walk a fine balance between a fast, technologically advanced car, and a cheap, inexpensive, and hopefully reliable car. And you'll be serving the needs of multiple teams. Each car you build is unique, unless you choose to use the same build style across multiple cars, of course - but for G1 teams, cars are a finite quantity that must either be carefully maintained or replaced when they eventually go boom.

Here are the choices you would have to build cars with if this proposal were to go through.
  • Aluminum-Silicone Alloy engines are more costly, lighter, and slightly less reliable.
  • Magnesium engines are the lightest, but cost an arm and a leg to build, and have questionable reliability.

• Forged pistons are your usual high-performance pistons, well-rounded, no real problems.
  • Lightweight forged pistons are thinner, lighter pistons, enabling greater high-end power, but suffers in reliability.
  • Low friction pistons are pistons specially cast for efficiency purposes, but are really fragile.

• Pushrod top ends are super cheap and reliable, not very efficient, but also very small and thus good for handling.
  • Dual Overhead Camshaft top ends are expensive, not quite as reliable, but very efficient. However, they also make the engine really tall and are heavy due to their complexity, thus compromising handling.

Fuel Injection and Power Systems determine power, fuel efficiency, reliability, and cost.
  • Multi-point fuel injection is a basic, relatively cheap, and very reliable system, though it is not very powerful.
  • Direct fuel injection (DFI) is an advanced, expensive, powerful system, but its reliability is somewhat average.
  • DFI + Hybrid is the ultimate in power and fuel economy, but it will cost your kidney and another leg and its reliability is questionable.

Suspension Systems determine handling consistency, and resistance to wheel detachments in collisions.
  • Double Wishbone suspensions are cheap and cheerful options for race cars, and are plenty durable in collisions.
  • Pushrod suspension is complex, handles well, is kind of expensive, and doesn't hold up in a crash as well.
  • Pushrod Front & Rear Multi-Link suspension is stupidly complex, very fragile, really expensive, but handle exceptionally well.

Body Panels determine weight, handling, and resistance to front splitter and rear wing detachments in collisions.
  • Thin Carbon Fiber panels are very, very light, but will break at seemingly minor hits.
  • Medium Carbon Fiber panels are lightweight, and hold up alright in a collision.
  • Fiberglass is heavy as heck, will hold up fine in a collision, and is very, very cheap.

• An aluminum gearbox housing is middling in weight, but still somewhat cheap too.
  • A carbon fiber housing is very light and a bit expensive, but to maintain reliability, has to shift slower.

Note that not every car that a Manufacturer Director builds has to be built the same way. You can build a very expensive, high tech car, and then a cheapo reliable car that is slow, and a bunch of things in between. Note that the budget for a Manufacturer Director is kept separated from his or her Teams if they already manage one.

I do have a concern about this system: Shouldn't the users request how their car should be built? If you grant a single user the ability to build all cars, then they may show biases toward certain users, and give crap to the other users. I'd recommend making the system so each team can say what specifications they want their cars to be built to, not some biased director.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

While I'm not crying wolf like Getz (the election is rigged! etc), it effectively renders the concept of "factory" teams useless, if a third party is the one that decides how the car is built. That way, even the factory teams are still effectively customer teams, defeating their purpose.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Biscione wrote:While I'm not crying wolf like Getz (the election is rigged! etc), it effectively renders the concept of "factory" teams useless, if a third party is the one that decides how the car is built. That way, even the factory teams are still effectively customer teams, defeating their purpose.

They'd still get first priority for upgrades over customer teams, and the whole "get the upgrade before everyone else by one race" is certainly an advantage for the factory team that puts in the upgrade in place first.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Racing Heart

Post by Racing Heart »

Hmmm. I've thought about it from both of your viewpoints and would like to redact the "Manufacturer Director" part, so instead, teams in Group 1 build cars still build specifically to their specifications, but at least now have total control in how they do it. This would not replace the current upgrading game mechanics in place.

Depending on time constraints I may save the advanced car building for next season instead if it comes at all, as it requires some fairly extensive balancing tests to ensure everything is both working and competitive.

Unrelated minor changes: Falken tires were replaced by Dunlop, and all four tire manufacturers can be selected regardless of Group.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:
Racing Heart wrote:Still waiting on Grand Honshu Racing to state if they want privateer or factory NSX-R Group 1s.

I do have a concern about this system: Shouldn't the users request how their car should be built? If you grant a single user the ability to build all cars, then they may show biases toward certain users, and give crap to the other users. I'd recommend making the system so each team can say what specifications they want their cars to be built to, not some biased director.

Factory Hondas to us please
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2019 Pacific Endurance Series - Nissan/Toyota Gr1 Spots

Post by CarloSpace »

Team Name: Nesia Racing Enterprises
Headquarters: Auckland, New Zealand
Car Class: GT Group 2
Car Selection: Toyota MR-S
Car Number: #19
Tire Supplier: Dunlop
Driver #1: TBA
Driver #2: Josefa Lalabalavu (tier-C)

Nesia Racing Enterprises, making their international debut, is looking for a young tier-B driver to share the drive with the team's co-owner and gentleman driver Lalabalavu.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Racing Heart

Post by Racing Heart »

Confirming and distributing the Group 2 and remaining Factory G1 Hondas later tonight, plus whatever Nissan and Toyota teams have been applied for. Sorry for being away so long. Preparing stuff for my 'main' Offline Series took a bit longer than planned.
Racing Heart

Post by Racing Heart »

Grand Honshu Racing are another new name, new to the ASMF canon with intentions of running Honda power in both AutoReject Nippon United Series and in PES. Does Honda take a grand ol' risk on this team, or will their aspirations for factory team grandness be foiled?
1-65 Time to hatch a grand master plan with Honda...
66-100 Honda have other plans.
1, 14, 46, 82, 87 = average of median 3 = 47 (rounded)
How very grand, GHR now have a factory Group 1 Honda NSX.

That means the following teams are part of the factory Honda Group 1 program:
BORC
Scuderia Tsujimura
Grand Honshu Racing

However, GHR, Leketus, and Takagi all want a Group 1 NSX-R. GHR is guaranteed to have one regardless of the decision as they are a factory team, but will Honda give them the second car as well, or will they favor the smaller privateer efforts?
1-10 To GHR
11-20 To Leketus
21-30 To Takagi
31-40 To GHR
41-50 To Leketus
51-60 To Takagi
61-70 To GHR
71-80 To Leketus
81-90 To Takagi
Decision: 8. Grand Honshu Racing have a second Factory NSX-R to bolster their Group 1 campaign.

Now where does the last NSX-R Group 1 go?
1-25 to Leketus
26-50 to Takagi
51-75 to Leketus
76-100 to Takagi
Decision: 63. Leketus won't get their two-car G1 program, but they do get at least one car to work with.

Poor, poor Takagi. Lofty aspirations to aim for a G1 championship have gone out the window this season. They'll have to fight it out with the G2 boys and girls and hope they can scrape through pre-qualifying.

All Group 1 Honda NSX-Rs have been taken.

TWO Honda NSX-R Group 2s remain for teams to apply for.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

^ Then TRE will apply for the Gr.2 cars instead. :evil:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Pilot

Re: 2019 Pacific Endurance Series - New Regulations on the W

Post by Pilot »

So... what happened here?

Could I still signup?
Biscione wrote:Can you stop being such a snowflake for five minutes?