2016 US Grand Prix - Reject of the Race

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Ataxia
Not Important

2016 US Grand Prix - Reject of the Race

Post by Ataxia »

1. Ferrari - blundered with Raikkonen's pitstop. The strategies weren't really great either, and they seemed to just settle for being the third-best team.

2. Verstappen - pretty bad day for the guy. Apparently pulling into the pits early and later bringing out a VSC warrants a Driver of the Day award.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
lance_rambert

Re: 2016 US Grand Prix - Reject of the Race

Post by lance_rambert »

1. Scuderia Ferrari - That pit stop... you can't be bathplugging serious, right? Whoever was the dipstick that told Kimi to come back should also be fired. Plus there should be some sort of "No, you're NOT Chad Knaus!" Award given to their strategists. I genuinely couldn't understand what the hell they were trying to do with Vettel.

2. Max Verstappen - Nice job pitting when you weren't supposed to, you silly goit. :facepalm:
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

1. Ferrari: This sums up pretty well what they did in the latter half of this season - nothing good.
2. Verstappen: Not his best day, did a Hakkinen and then parked his car in one of the worst spots one could think of.

HM to Bottas - While his teammate was fighting for fifth place, he was getting passed by the Saubers. He had a puncture on his first lap, but still...
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

1. Scuderia Ferrari: Disaster. They still use the light system that cost Massa a title? :facepalm:
2. Max Verstappen: Nice race until that pit stop. His most rejectful moment since Monaco.

Dishonorable mention: Nico Hülkenberg (crashed out but luckily for his team it was a Williams he crashed into)
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

1. Max Verstappen
2. Whoever voted for Max Verstappen as DotD
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

10. Ferrari

6. Max Verstappen
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

1. Ferrari - Bad pitstops, bad strategy. GOd damn it Scuderia.
2. Who Ever Voted for Max for DOTD - Lol
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

1. Driver Of The Day voting
2. Ferrari
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

1. Max "I'm not here to finish fourth!" Verstappen - went into the pits due to a brainfart, slowly ran over his mechanics' instruments rather than stopping, then when a problem hit his car he proceeded to coast around for half a lap at super-low speeds, parking his car somewhere that brought out the VSC, ruining his teammate's race, and then blaming team for having made him do so.
2. The Virtual Safety Car period - why the hell was that called? In a tiny amount of sympathy for Max, I'm genuinely confused as to why it was deemed necessary to put out the VSC. Max's car was at the very edge of the race track on the other side of a gravel trap.

HM: Bottas - lost his "best of the rest" 7th position in the standings after a bad race.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Rob Dylan wrote:2. The Virtual Safety Car period - why the hell was that called?

I believe since Japan 2014 it's standard procedure now to throw a VSC or SC whenever there's a recovery vehicle required. Sounds like they couldn't get neutral so they couldn't push the car.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

1. Ferrari (again)
2. Brundle & Croft for bigging up Palmer as far more worthy than Magnussen of next year's seat, and generslly talking about everything but the Grand Prix at hand
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

1. Verstappen- still as petulant, also very prone to brainfarts this race. And yet still driver of the day :facepalm:
2. Ferrari- their pit strategy(?) still doesn't make any sense (why bring in Vettel two laps from the end?) and the Raikkonen incident was amateurish and ultimately lost them vital WCC points in their fight with Red Bull (they got lucky with The Golden Child's retirement)

DHM:
VSC- ruined the battle for second with the free Merc pitstop
DRS- ruined the Sainz/Alonso battle by settling it easily on the straight.
DoTD - they might as well have voted for Taylor Swift
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

Ferrari: What were they thinking?

DotD for Max Verstappen: Yes he is talented but there were a lot more drivers who deserve it more.
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Dutch fans for voting for Max as DOTD what were they shmokin??
Me for falling asleep briefly shortly after the VSC period
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

So I will nominate:

(10) All those twonks who nominated Max Verstappen for driver of the day: I get the impression they'd vote for him even if he put in a performance usually associated with Jean-Denis Délétraz. Which it wasn't in the same rejectful league as, but if he was driver of the day, I'm an Indonesian, called Rio.

(6) Red Bull - the drink, not so much the racing team: Och aye tha noo, Crazy Dave comin' atcha wit' tha wickidiwack flava of Red Bull. Tastes like you is drinkin' it outta me homie Danny Ric's racing boot at da end of da hot an' sticky G-diddy-P in Malaysia... even if you ain't, innit!

No, really, all energy drinks are foul. It's just that Crazy D called it a lot earlier than anyone else.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

1. Verstappen, for reasons already listed
2. Tarmac runoff areas
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

1. Ferrari - Why would you put used SS tyres on the car in the middle of the race and do a 3 stopper and then of course screwed up that third stop.

2. Verstappen - He didnt want to finish 4th and got his wish by not finishing at all . Stopping where he did cost Riccardio a chance at 2nd place and not to mention coming in to the pits for a non existent stop.
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

This Could Be You wrote:DHM:
DoTD - they might as well have voted for Taylor Swift

If only they voted for Tay-Tay... she would be in the end a much better and much more deserved DoTD than The Golden Boy
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

1. Ferrari - what a complete waste of a weekend again. Raikkonen looked good for a podium finish until the mess up in the pits.

2. Verstappen - why did you stop there?? Silly Boy.
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject