2016 Malaysian GP - ROTR

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
DemocalypseNow

2016 Malaysian GP - ROTR

Post by DemocalypseNow »

There are a few candidate to pick from today, lots of small bits and pieces that can vie for Reject of the Race this weekend. Vote away.

Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Meatwad

Re: 2016 Malaysian GP - ROTR

Post by Meatwad »

Both of these contributed to a delightful Ricciardo victory but still...

1. Hamilton's engine: May have ruined the remaining chances of a proper championship battle.
2. Sebastian Vettel: The 2016 first-lap nutcase at it again.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

1. Esteban Ocon - Mate, I like you a lot but you're not doing yourself any favours by continuing to rack up these penalties. :|

2. Hamilton's interview with Sky post-race - Way to stoke up the conspiracy theorists and nutjobs again. Thanks a bunch. :facepalm:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

1. Lewis Hamilton's engine - Yeah Suzuka 2006 Schumacher style? WHo knows. Also his comments are stupid.

2. The start - It long delay. Like what was up with that

HM - Esteban Ocon, Brundle and Crofty
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

1. Lewis Hamilton - His customary sportsmanlike reaction when something goes wrong.

2. Lewis Hamilton - Just to reinforce that I really think he's a berk.
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Lewis Hamilton, because he's rather unpleasant.

Dawlat Zadran, for two blunders in successive balls that changed the entire feel of the Bangladesh-Afghanistan series decider.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

A lot to pick from this race - here we go!

1. Esteban Ocon - for breaking the same rule twice in the same race. In a race where opportunity may have struck for backmarkers to shine, he stank.
2. Sebastian Vettel - for crashing out on the opening lap and letting Red Bull run away with the win under a Mercedes problem. Hindsight I know, but both times it has been the Red Bull drivers who have capitalised on Mercedes' problems, and this time Seb didn't make the first lap.

Dishonourable mentions!
- Lewis Hamilton's post-race interview - very reminiscent of Monaco 2011. That was little short of a meltdown, and he'll come to seriously regret it.
- Sky coverage - spent 90% of the race after the Hamilton crash talking about Hamilton, ignoring that Ricciardo had earned a well-deserved win. Very unprofessional.
- Haas - both cars had dangerous race-ending issues. Seriously, sort yourselves out.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

Meatwad wrote:Both of these contributed to a delightful Ricciardo victory but still...

1. Hamilton's engine: May have ruined the remaining chances of a proper championship battle.

Wha? Seriously? Hamilton retiring was EXACTLY the thing we needed to have a proper championship battle.
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

DonTirri wrote:
Meatwad wrote:Both of these contributed to a delightful Ricciardo victory but still...

Wha? Seriously? Hamilton retiring was EXACTLY the thing we needed to have a proper championship battle.

If he hadn't retired, they would have been within a couple of points of each other. It's not as close a battle as it might have been. However Nico can't quite, just follow HAM home to secure the title.
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

Ocon

Hamilton

Wasn't impressed with Kimi not staying within 10secs of Rosberg for a podium
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

1. Hamilton's engine - As has been said, shades of Suzuka 2006; Schumacher's engine got ROTR then, so...
2. Massa's car - Or maybe just his luck today. Either way it's bad.

Now, put Hamilton's engine in Massa's car and what do you get?
#FreeGonzo
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

1. Verstappen for whining about Vettel's driving style - seriously!?
2. Hamilton's conspiracy theories.

HM: Rosberg. The lunge king.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

1. Haas
One car had brake failure early in the race, other car lost a wheel. Two potentially dangerous incidents.
2. Sebastian Vettel
Start crash.
andrew

Post by andrew »

1. Vettel for the turn one incident, he ruined his own race. Dropped Verstappen behind Riccardo (which ended in a great battle) and pushed Rosberg back to last.

2. A poll on the BBC sport Website asking weather or not Rosberg deserves the title this year.
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

1. The weather - Toasted Hamilton's engine, Kimi's tires, RoGros brakes, and some driver's brains.

2. Seb - See above.
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

1. Haas: Double DNF
2. Hamilton's engine
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

1- Vettel - He's now in that phase of his Ferrari career where he's over driving
2 - Hamilton - I felt the pain when the engine went but after that, well, the stupid it hurts.

EDIT - Perhaps 'stupid' is a bit harsh as the guy had just seen a certain win evaporate in front of him but, by now, the lad should know better than to vent his spleen in that way to a receptive media frenzy.
Last edited by CoopsII on 03 Oct 2016, 06:12, edited 1 time in total.
Just For One Day...
lance_rambert

Post by lance_rambert »

1. Hamilton's Engine - As fist-pumpingly happy as I was to see that and Nico grab more points, that was still a spectacularly crappy way for Lewis's race to end. Right up there with Button's Canada engine failure.

2. Gene Haas - Both the F1 team and the NASCAR team just flat out sucked today. We got a double mechanical DNF and an (oddly lenient) unsafe release penalty for the F1 team. From the NASCAR camp, we got Happy's track bar failure and resulting 50-ish laps down finish, Danica hanging around the "shite" teams (finishing behind Brian Scott of all people), Kurt being relatively unremarkable, and Smoke dropping out of the Chase before Austin Dillon (lol).

Dishonorable Mentions:

The entire Sky Sports F1 team should each be given a damn crying towel with Hamilton's face printed on it. You know what? Lewis should be getting one too. Insinuating the "team is [maybe unintentionally] ***king me over" crap is ridiculous. Don't get me started on the conspiracy theorists either.

Someone should give Sebastian Vettel a big chill pill for that turn 1 BS, and for also making me think Nico R was going to be totally screwed.

Esteban Ocon should also get some award with Maldonado's face on it, or Denny Hamlin's. TWO pit lane speeding penalties is just not cool.
EuroBrun

Post by EuroBrun »

1. Lewis Hamilton His power unit paranoia (as defined by ESPN F1) is not fair to the team and their efforts.

2. Max Verstappen Complaining about Vettel's aggressive driving is kind of a funny thing for someone who was involved in several contacts this year (Seb did a very poor mistake though).
TheFlyingCaterham

2016 Malaysian GP - ROTR from a stereotypical casual

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

1. Mercedes for obviously sabotaging poor Lewis's race by causing that engine failure.
2. Rosberg for some very dirty moves against the Ferraris. Needs more than a 10 second penalty for that considering it didn't effect him at all.

And for my actual, non-satirical votes...
1. Haas, for two mechanical failures that could have potentially ended up pretty badly.
2. Vettel, for taking himself and Rosberg out at the first corner, and in retrospect screwing up one of his best opportunities so far for a win this year.

Basing this off only on the highlights provided by F1 so I've almost certainly missed something.
Last edited by TheFlyingCaterham on 03 Oct 2016, 12:15, edited 1 time in total.
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Rosberg's spin was caused by Vettel's mistake, so I wouldn't nominate him.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

tommykl wrote:Rosberg's spin was caused by Vettel's mistake, so I wouldn't nominate him.

Yeah, managed to forget about that somehow, I've changed it though.
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

My Choices, Despite not watching the race (Thanks TSN :? )
1. Hamilton's Engine : And Being Rather Unpleasant
2. Haas : all Around Bad, As usual
Dishonorable Mentions :
TSN For being crap as usual and failing horribly on broadcasts
Massa's Car : KABOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM, And his luck
FIAT Group, finding loopholes in the FIA rulebook since it's inception.