2019 Indy Lights - Race 3 (IGP) Live!

The place for current RWRS universe and "canon" historical series
DemocalypseNow

2019 Indy Lights - Race 3 (IGP) Live!

Post by DemocalypseNow »

2019 Indy Lights season
Wiki / Standings / Results Archive

Welcome to the official feeder of the IndyCar Series, the Indy Lights championship. 20 cars will hit the track as a support event to 10 races of the IndyCar calendar, with a new technical package debuting. The new VGP i1 chassis is paired to an Infiniti V6H (built by AER), and with tyres supplied by Hankook.

TEAMS
There will be a maximum of twenty cars in the field. This will be comprised of an undefined number of teams, but will include Belardi Auto Racing Carlin, Juncos Racing and Team Pelfrey. Users can either apply to run these teams, or set-up their own, which can have either one or two cars. Carlin is unique in having three slots.

SPONSORS
This part is critical. There will be something akin to a Lite version of the senior series' sponsorship system, but its implementation is a bit different. There are no engines and chassis to buy, it's simply about scraping together the budget to run as many races as you can in the course of the season.

Sponsors are not guaranteed, there is an RNG for each and every one, and there's a chance you could end up short on budget for the year and have to miss a few races. Sponsors are on a per car, not a per-team basis, and sponsors have different levels of funding and requirements to be met. There are also pay-drivers who can cover a certain number of races in the season on their own.

To try and make this a bit simpler to digest, we won't be using actual monetary budgets. Sponsors will fund you for the stated number of races (some will change their investment if you meet or fail certain conditions), and to run all 10 races of the season, you have to make sure you have enough sponsorship for all 10 rounds for that car.

As for pay-drivers, some can pay for the entire season in one go, some only have enough money for part of the season. You can keep them for the rest of the season they don't have money to pay for if you secure a sponsor for the other races. Or you can opt to sign someone else, perhaps because the other sponsor you were able to get demands as much!

Below is the list of sponsors available to sign, and any requirements that need to be met to keep them onboard. Pay-drivers are also listed on the second sheet.

Sponsors & Pay Drivers List

SCHEDULE
Nine of the ten races act as a support round to the IndyCar Series, while the series opener is run in conjunction with FIA PC.

The full calendar is available to view on the wiki.

POINTS SYSTEM
To keep things nice and straightforward, we'll stick with what works in real life. This means all 20 drivers score points, so long as they are classified as finishers. Again, this information is available to view on the wiki.

SIGNUP PROCESS
This will be a three-phase process. Firstly, in the first seven days, people will be able to bid for the four locked-in teams if they wish, or alternatively wait for this process to end, so they can enter their own choice of team afterwards. You have to outline your strategy for the year ahead and why you should be charged with the stewardship of the team.

After those four teams have been assigned owners, we will then move on to the sponsorship stage. I'll go into further detail at the time we move into that stage, but briefly speaking, you'll have to select a maximum of 4 sponsors per car to pitch to. If you don't get the entire season's budget sorted at the first hurdle, it's not a massive problem, there'll still be a chance to find another sponsor at the half-way stage of the year, where a second process will kick-off. You will also be able to bid for/sign pay-drivers at this phase, but not any other drivers.

Lastly, the driver market opens fully after that phase is complete, assuming there are seats left after mandatory clauses and pay-driver hires have been executed from phase two.

SERIES RESOURCES
Pre-Season sponsorship outcomes
Car Template PSD
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Dexter249

Re: 2019 Indy Lights - Signup 1st Phase open

Post by Dexter249 »

Since I run KVSH in IndyCar i'm gonna run the KVSH Junior Team (Even though it doesn't Exist)
FIAT Group, finding loopholes in the FIA rulebook since it's inception.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Dexter249 wrote:Since I run KVSH in IndyCar i'm gonna run the KVSH Junior Team (Even though it doesn't Exist)

Entries aren't open yet for anything other than the quartet of existing teams, and even so, there is no guarantee your team will make it in when the time does come. Read the post in full and slow it down a bit.

Image Image
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

I express interest in joining this series, though I will wait until the 4 real-life teams are sorted out first.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

I would like to express my interest in using one of my existing teams as an entry.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I'd like to throw my hat into the ring to run Carlin.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

I will express interest in taking over Juncos Racing
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

I'm interested in running Team Pelfrey to complement their existing F4 operations
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

I'll throw my hat into the ring and ask to run Belardi Auto Racing
matisena

Post by matisena »

Forget the last message, i'm interesting to run with my own team, MASEN IndyRacing Team can i have? with 2 seats, one it's me and the other TBA, if can the team could be uruguayan??, thanks
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

matisena wrote:Forget the last message, i'm interesting to run with my own team, MASEN IndyRacing Team can i have? with 2 seats, one it's me and the other TBA, if can the team could be uruguayan??, thanks

As for now, only entries for the four existing teams are open (and you already correctly expressed interest in Team Pelfrey). When these are sorted, you'll be able to try to enter your team.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

With no competition for any of the four existing teams, they are assigned as follows;

Team Pelfrey - Wizzie
Carlin - Ataxia
Belardi Auto Racing - peteroli34
Juncos Racing - Normal32

Now, the tricky bit. The second phase. Team signups and sponsorship fully opens. If you want to enter a team of your own, you can have up to two cars per team, but there is a limit of 20 cars for the series, so there is a chance that by RNG, you may only get the one car (but everyone that enters is guaranteed at least one entry, so long as they get the sponsors paying for it. It's not a two-cars-or-you're-out deal).

This is your reference guide. It contains all the sponsors you can attempt to sign, and any conditions they may have for taking ther money. It also includes a list of pay-drivers you can attempt to sign; for fictional drivers, you will need to negotiate a deal with their DEC holder.

The idea is that you must have enough funding to run a car until at least Round 5, else you will not be allowed to run that car at all. This is because there will be a second round of sponsor signing at the half way point, in case you can't get funding for the whole season straight away. A few pointers need to be stressed;

• Each sponsor will back only one car per season, for the allotted time. Once they've been picked, they're gone for the year.
  • You cannot move sponsors between cars of your own volition. However, if after the pre-season RNG, you have sponsors signed for both cars, but less than 5 for each car, the sponsor of your second car will automatically be moved across to your primary entry to ensure it runs.
  • If you fire a pay-driver or any driver specifically requested by a sponsor, you lose their sponsorship immediately. This includes sponsors with a multiple choice option - let's use Rabobank as an example. If you pick the 6 race option, you can rotate freely between Dutch drivers, but if you pick the Jerry De Boer option, you must run him, and if you sack him, you cannot revert to the 6 race option.
  • You cannot sign multiple sponsors from the same industry sector for your entire team's lineup. For example, you cannot sign both Adidas and Warrior, even if they are on separate cars at different times. In other words, you can only sign one sponsor per industry type across all your cars per season.
  • If you sign a sponsor, then fail to meet their demands from the outset, your entry for that car will be withdrawn, and you will not get a chance to find another sponsor. The only exception is if you have signed a fictional driver, and their DEC holder announces said driver is leaving the team against his contract.

You can send your commercial team off to try and woo up to five sponsors this time around, and three at the half-way point if necessary, so strategize and pick wisely. You can also make offers of up to three pay-drivers at once. If you want a pay-driver that pays for less than 10 races in one go, you can also bid for up to three pay-drivers and three regular sponsors at once to make up the difference.

Do not make requests for real-life drivers now. They will not be added to the RNG queue if you request their services before Phase Three is open. You do not need to request a driver who comes as a mandatory choice for a sponsor you obtain - an RNG will be run for them automatically after you are confirmed as signing their sponsor. Bear in mind they may say no however, and if you don't have any backup choice behind that sponsor, you will have no sponsor at all.

Got all that? Okay, here's the entry pro-forma to fill out. Delete fields as appropriate for your own choices;

Code: Select all

[b]Team Name (Nationality)[/b]:

[b]Car # (2-99)[/b]:
[b]Driver choice 1 (if PD)[/b]:
[b]Driver choice 2 (if PD)[/b]:
[b]Driver choice 3 (if PD)[/b]:
[b]Sponsor #1[/b]:
[b]Sponsor #2[/b]:
[b]Sponsor #3[/b]:
[b]Sponsor #4[/b]:
[b]Sponsor #5[/b]:

[b]Car # (2-99)[/b]:
[b]Driver choice 1 (if PD)[/b]:
[b]Driver choice 2 (if PD)[/b]:
[b]Driver choice 3 (if PD)[/b]:
[b]Sponsor #1[/b]:
[b]Sponsor #2[/b]:
[b]Sponsor #3[/b]:
[b]Sponsor #4[/b]:
[b]Sponsor #5[/b]:

So, here is an example of what that might look like...
Team Name (Nationality): Moreno Motorsport (CAN)

Car # (2-99): 3
Sponsor #1: Gillette
Sponsor #2: Pennzoil
Sponsor #3: Castrol (6)
Sponsor #4: Castrol (10)
Sponsor #5: SMP Racing

Car # (2-99): 33
Driver choice 1 (if PD): Michael Goodyear (CAN)
Driver choice 2 (if PD): Nicolas Latifi (CAN)
Sponsor #1: Armor All
Sponsor #2: PPG
Sponsor #3: Coca-Cola

The deadline for the first round of signups is Sun 9 Oct at 2355 BST.

Image Image
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Team Name (Nationality): Juncos (USA)

Car #: 12
Sponsor #1: Quaker State
Sponsor #2: Cummins
Sponsor #3: Nationwide
Sponsor #4: Pennzoil
Sponsor #5: Gillete

Car #: 18
Sponsor #1: Megatone
Sponsor #2: NRG
Last edited by Normal32 on 02 Oct 2016, 05:04, edited 1 time in total.
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

Team Name (Nationality): KVSH Junior Team (American)
Car # (2-99): 98
Sponsor #1: Progressive
Sponsor #2: Esso
Sponsor #3: Pennzoil
Sponsor #4: Armor All
Sponsor #5: Coca-Cola

Car # (2-99): 99

Sponsor #1: Rabobank
Sponsor #2: Hankook
Sponsor #3: Gilette
Sponsor #4: PPG
Sponsor #5: Snap-On
Last edited by Dexter249 on 01 Oct 2016, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Team Name (Nationality): Carlin

Car # (2-99): 4
Sponsor #1: Gillette (5)
Sponsor #2: Pennzoil (5)
Sponsor #3: Yellow Hat (5)

Car # (2-99): 11
Sponsor #1: Rabobank (10)

Car # (2-99): 22
Driver choice 1 (if PD): Marco Bizzarri (ITA)
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Dexter249 wrote:Team Name (Nationality): KVSH Junior Team (American)
Driver choice 1 (if PD): Ed Jones (Not PD)
Driver choice 2 (if PD): Zachary Claman DeMelo (NOT PD)
Driver choice 3 (if PD): Kyle Kaiser (NOT PD)
Sponsor #2: Esso (If Zachary)

Driver choice 1 (if PD): Kyle Kaiser (NOT PD)
Driver choice 2 (if PD): Heamin Choi (NOT PD, But Can't Finish in top 10 according to real results)
Driver choice 3 (if PD): Jerry DeBoer (Most Likely PD)
Sponsor #1: Rabobank (If DeBoer)
Sponsor #2: Hankook (If Choi)

This is incorrect. Do not bid for drivers who are not pay drivers. Secondly, you cannot include 'if' statements in your sponsor choices - you make your five sponsor choices, then you sign drivers to fit. Please amend it, else your incorrect choices will be ignored.

Image Image
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

Dexter249 wrote:Team Name (Nationality): KVSH Junior Team (American)

Sponsor #2: Hankook
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Dexter249 wrote:Car # (2-99): 99
Sponsor #1: Rabobank ]

Almost there, but as Rabobank is one of the sponsors with two differing conditions, I need you to specify which condition you are aiming for - (6) or (10).

Ataxia wrote:Team Name (Nationality): Carlin

Driver choice 2 (if PD): Nicholas Latifi (CAN)
Sponsor #1: Coca-Cola
Sponsor #2: Pepsi
Sponsor #3: Subway

Because Bizzarri is a fictional driver, he does not need an RNG, and as he brings funding for all 10 races, you don't need associate sponsors either. I approve of him racing for Carlin as his DEC holder, so you're all set for the #22 car.

Image Image
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Team Name: Carrera Granada
Car # (2-99): 25

Driver choice 1 (if PD): Luis Michael Dörrbecker
Driver choice 2 (if PD): Alfonso Celis Jr
Sponsor #1: NRG
Sponsor #2: Fantasy Fued
Sponsor #3: Warrior
Sponsor #4: Subway

Car # (2-99): 26*
Sponsor #1: Virgin Atlantic
Sponsor #2: Old Spice
Sponsor #3: PPG
Sponsor #4: Nationwide

*Provisional
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

Biscione wrote:
Dexter249 wrote:Car # (2-99): 99
Sponsor #1: Rabobank ]

Almost there, but as Rabobank is one of the sponsors with two differing conditions, I need you to specify which condition you are aiming for - (6) or (10).

Ataxia wrote:Team Name (Nationality): Carlin

Driver choice 2 (if PD): Nicholas Latifi (CAN)
Sponsor #1: Coca-Cola
Sponsor #2: Pepsi

Because Bizzarri is a fictional driver, he does not need an RNG, and as he brings funding for all 10 races, you don't need associate sponsors either. I approve of him racing for Carlin as his DEC holder, so you're all set for the #22 car.

goin for 10
matisena

Post by matisena »

Team Name: MASEN IndyRacing Team(URU)
Car # (2-99): 15

Driver choice 1(if PD) : Guadalupe Alvarez(ARG)
Driver choice 2(if PD) : Thiago Mazzacane(ARG)
Sponsor #1: Megatone
Sponsor #2: Gilette
Sponsor #3: NRG
Sponsor #4: Coca-Cola

Car # (2-99): 46
Driver choice 1(If PD) : Sandy Grey(USA)
Driver choice 2(if PD) : Laura Wener(GBR)
Driver choice 3(If PD) : Thiago Mazzacane(ARG)
Sponsor #1: Castrol(6 races)
Sponsor #2: Nationwide
Sponsor #3: Progressive
Sponsor #4: Under Armor
Last edited by matisena on 04 Oct 2016, 21:42, edited 7 times in total.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

matisena wrote:Driver choice 1 : Matías Sena(URU)*
* This is I in my own team(my question is if it ok?)

There's no rule against this, but I wouldn't necessarily advise it, for reasons unrelated to the game itself. FormulaRejects, our wiki that has a record of all our canon series, actually has a pretty reasonable Google search ranking (as does the GPR website itself), and so after a little while it will reach the top of the rankings. You may want to consider if long term this is something you are happy with seeing happen - I can't control it!

matisena wrote:Car # (2-99): 46
Driver choice 1 : Martin O'Donell(GBR)**
Sponsor #1: Castrol
** This is my own driver(created by me, if ok?, or i need other ways to put another driver?)

Again, there's nothing wrong with this per se, but this driver is very unlikely to be any good, given it's a complete canon rookie kicking off in the second tier of racing.

To explain, here is a visual chart of where all the canon series fit in terms of hierarchy;

As you can see, a driver competing at this level would already have experience in at least one junior category before progressing to Indy Lights. We don't have anything in place of Star Mazda at the moment, so the American ladder is missing the third step, so I allow people to move from North American F4 to Indy Lights without much penalty for skipping 2.0 / F3.

Keep an eye out for Getz' North American F4 series. It'll be a good source of young drivers for this series, and also you can look at the Canon DEC List to see what drivers might be free to sign. Look for guys interested in F2, 3.5, or Indy Lights - that's the kind of level you're looking for here. You can contact the listed owner here on the forum and ask to sign them. But we'll get to that phase later. Right now we're just picking pay-drivers from the pay-driver list and also sponsors from the sponsor list.

I can't stress this enough guys - there is no driver signing at this stage of the process, with the exception of drivers in the pay-driver list on the spreadsheet. We get to the rest after sponsors are in place. The idea is you try and pick your sponsors with some drivers in mind, and see if your best laid plans work out for you or not.

Image Image
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Team Name (Nationality): Belardi Autoracing

Car # (2-99): #5
Sponsor #1: Castrol (10)
Sponsor #2: Pennziol
Sponsor #3: Cummins
Sponsor #5: Gillette

Car # (2-99): #14
Sponsor #1: Under Armor
Sponsor #2: PPG
Sponsor #3: NRG Lite
Sponsor #4: Adidas
Sponsor #5: Armor All
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Team Name (Nationality): Peak Motorsport Canada (CAN)

Car # (2-99): 26
Sponsor #2: Supercheap Auto (6)
Sponsor #3: Cummins
Sponsor #5: Quaker State

Car # (2-99): 27
Driver choice 1 (if PD): Michael Goodyear
Driver choice 2 (if PD): Hernan Aguilar (subject to Biscione's approval)
Sponsor #1: Gillette
Sponsor #3: Dollar General
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Team Name (Nationality): Eaglesport (USA)

Car #76
Sponsor #2: Cummins
Sponsor #4: Quaker State
Sponsor #5: Pennzoil

Car #77
Sponsor #2: Progressive
Sponsor #3: Nationwide
Sponsor #4: Barloworld
Sponsor #5: NRG

I will paint both of my cars like the American Flag if sponsors allow it :)
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Team Name (Nationality): Team Pelfrey (USA)

Car #: 2
Sponsor #1: Snap-On
Sponsor #2: Go-Daddy
Sponsor #3: Warrior
Sponsor #5: Armor All

Car #: 3
Driver choice 1 (if PD): Santino Ferucci (USA)
Driver choice 2 (if PD): Guiliano Alesi (FRA)
Sponsor #1: Pennzoil
Sponsor #2: Dollar General
Last edited by TomWazzleshaw on 10 Oct 2016, 12:20, edited 3 times in total.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

V8fan12 wrote:Driver choice 2 (if PD): Hernan Aguilar (subject to Biscione's approval)

Provisionally I am fine with this, but of course that will change if another team decide to make him their first choice.

Image Image
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Biscione wrote:
To explain, here is a visual chart of where all the canon series fit in terms of hierarchy;

This. Can we post this somewhere as its own topic in the Andrea Sasseti forum?

Also, should there be a series between F4 and Indy Lights? I find the performance gap a bit of a jump....
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:Also, should there be a series between F4 and Indy Lights? I find the performance gap a bit of a jump....

Well, if someone volunteers to run Star Mazda... ;)
#FreeGonzo
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

Simtek wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:Also, should there be a series between F4 and Indy Lights? I find the performance gap a bit of a jump....

If i get rFactor I'll be happy to do it....But that seems unlikely as steam is being a huge Richard with mods...I've heard.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Simtek wrote:

Indeed. I do wish there were a third layer for the US hierarchy, but considering there there was no US-focused series of any sort before 2019, that's a bit of a stretch.

Also, it would help if NA F4 could keep up with the other F4's, know what I mean? :vergne:

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Biscione wrote:
Simtek wrote:

Indeed. I do wish there were a third layer for the US hierarchy, but considering there there was no US-focused series of any sort before 2019, that's a bit of a stretch.

Yeah, I'm sure somebody will pick up the reins at some point. I ran 2.0 North America for a bit, but because we had no ladder at the time it was pretty redundant.
Londoner

Re: 2019 Indy Lights - Pick Team & Sponsors by 9 Oct

Post by Londoner »

matisena wrote:Team Name: MASEN IndyRacing Team(URU)

Driver choice 1(If PD) : Katie May(IRE)
Driver choice 2(if PD) : Sabrina Mann(GBR)

Katie May would like to thank MASEN for the interest, but at present she is looking to secure a seat in F2 or AR3.5.

However, my driver Sandy Grey would be most interested in an Indy Lights seat. He has extensive experience in AR2.0, F3 and the Nippon series, and has only recently inked a sponsorship deal with Five Guys. :)

I also have Laura Wener available for Indy Lights. She also has extensive experience in AR2.0 and F3.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

I would like to inform Ernesto Padilla, two time pole sitter in AR2.0 North American and 7th overall in the standings, is looking for a drive in this year Indy Lights.

If anyone wants it, he will drive.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
matisena

Post by matisena »

East Londoner wrote:
matisena wrote:Team Name: MASEN IndyRacing Team(URU)

Driver choice 1(If PD) : Katie May(IRE)
Driver choice 2(if PD) : Sabrina Mann(GBR)

Katie May would like to thank MASEN for the interest, but at present she is looking to secure a seat in F2 or AR3.5.

However, my driver Sandy Grey would be most interested in an Indy Lights seat. He has extensive experience in AR2.0, F3 and the Nippon series, and has only recently inked a sponsorship deal with Five Guys. :)

I also have Laura Wener available for Indy Lights. She also has extensive experience in AR2.0 and F3.

Thanks for the answer, I take Sandy Grey and her sponsorship, thanks!! and the second possibility is Laura Wener, another time Thanks!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

matisena wrote:
East Londoner wrote:Katie May would like to thank MASEN for the interest, but at present she is looking to secure a seat in F2 or AR3.5.

Thanks for the answer, I take Sandy Grey and her sponsorship, thanks!! and the second possibility is Laura Wener, another time Thanks!

Londoner, you flipping idiot, you've confused the lad. You can't add sponsors to the list on a whim!

Sorry matisena, but Five Guys is not in the sponsor list, so brings no money. Obviously people can ask to have logos on the car, but he seems to have given you the impression that he is going to bankroll your car. He is not. You should probably revert your first choice sponsor to something on the list, else you'll effectively have three sponsors choices instead.

If you revert to Castrol, remember to specify if it's the 6 race condition or 10 race condition you are aiming for.

Also, you still have drivers on your list that are not pay-drivers. Please remove them. If a driver is not on the spreadsheet as a pay-driver, they cannot be signed just yet.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Is it possible to ask to have a driver added to the pay driver list in the spreadsheet?

If so, please add Chuck Barrett (USA) in there. His sponsor is Citgo, good for 10 races.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AndreaModa wrote:Is it possible to ask to have a driver added to the pay driver list in the spreadsheet?

If so, please add Chuck Barrett (USA) in there. His sponsor is Citgo, good for 10 races.

This is fine, and he's good for 10 races because he's scrub enough to be hired only for his money! I don't want people getting ideas after all...

So yeah, if you have an average to rubbish driver you want to shill, you can request they be added to the PD list, but bear in mind you will be forbidden from hiring them for your own team if you do so.

Image Image
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

First of all, the pay-drivers will be rolled.

Luis Michael Dörrbecker
He has an offer from Carrera Granada. They're new to the States, and he might want to see if he can tempt a more experienced stateside prep firm to take him on instead.
1-80 Carrera Granada
81-100 Wait
12. Dörrbecker joins Carrera Granada in their #25.

Michael Goodyear
Peak Motorsport Canada have offered to take their compatriot - and his sponsors - onboard. It seems a decent enough fit, and it's his only offer.
1-90 Peak
91-100 Trough
96! He has reservations about the offer and declines. Maybe Scott had a word in his ear about something?

By extension, this means Hernan Aguilar (PAR) will drive the #27 Peak Motorsport Canada car for the year.

Santino Ferucci
Ferrucci's F1 dreams appear all but over, and so refuge is offered by Team Pelfrey back home. Will he take it, or is he hell-bent on staying on the F1 path at any cost?
1-90 Joins
91-100 Refuses
70. Ferrucci shall pilot the #3 Pelfrey.

With the pay-drivers dealt with, we shall move on to the sponsorship RNG shortly.

Image Image
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

The full list of RNGs is too long to post in here I feel, but they're all available to see below.

Sponsor RNG Results

Breaking down the results into a meaningful manner, here is the situation for every car that people attempted to enter;

Team Pelfrey
#2 - 4 races. Snap-On & Warrior.
#3 - 10 races. Santino Ferrucci [PD] & Dollar General.

Carlin
#4 - 5 races. Pennzoil.
#11 - 10 races. Rabobank.
#22 - 10 races. Marco Bizzarri [PD].

Belardi Auto Racing
#5 - 10 races. Castrol.
#14 - 10 races. Under Armour, PPG & NRG Lite.

Juncos Racing
#12 - 10 races. Quaker State & Nationwide.
#18 - 10 races. NRG.

MASEN IndyRacing Team
#15 - 10 races. Megatone.
#46 - 0 races.

Panthera Competition
#21 - 10 races. Waste Management & Fantasy Feud
#93 - 10 races. Hernan Aguilar [PD].

Carrera Granada
#25 - 10 races. Luis Michael Dörrbecker [PD].

Peak Motorsport Canada
#26 - 10 races. Virgin Atlantic & Supercheap Auto.
#27 - 10 races. Foot Locker, Pepsi & Old Spice.

Eaglesport
#76 - 5 races. Cummins.
#77 - 0 races.

KVSH Junior Team
#98 - 10 races. Progressive, Armor All & Coca-Cola.
#99 - 5 races. Gillette.

The colour coding is important. Green means the car is all set for the season, and your job covering costs is done. Blue means you're fine for now, but will need to find some more cash at the next round of sponsor signing after Indy to make it to the end of the year. Orange or Red means you don't have enough sponsors to run the car at all at present (5 race minimum). You have a chance to keep it in play, but it means employing someone from the PD list to get you to at least 5 races worth of dosh, so you can get some new sponsors post-Indy next time around. You'll get the chance to do this when the driver market opens later - just sit tight for now.
Cars marked in red may also find that the team that owns them will get a surprise approach from a sponsor willing to bankroll the car for the entire year, but with certain conditions attached to the offer......wait and see!

The next phase isn't open quite yet - I'll wait for IndyCar's PD choices to be made and decided before the driver market opens.

Image Image