The ASMF Canon Council Topic

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
roblo97

Re: The ASMF Canon Council Topic

Post by roblo97 »

As mentioned in the chat, here is the planned 2019 Hankook IES.
Creventic Hankook 24h Series

Rules
30 entries, all full time and maximum of 2 cars per team. Each car must have 3 drivers and double dutying is not allowed. Also, 2 of the drivers must be amateur drivers and the other driver must be a professional driver.

Calendar
1: Dubai 24 hours 11-12/1/19
2: Bathurst 12 hours 17/2/19
3: Silverstone 6 hours 17/3/19
4: Sachsenring 6 hours 14/4/16
5: Mile Miglia (Mugello) 19/5/19
6: Le Mans Bugatti 24 hours 15-16/6/19
7: Jarama 1000km 30/6/19
8: Spa 24 hours 14/7/19
9: Montreal 6 hours 18/8/19
10: Laguna Seca 10 hours 1/9/19
11: Sepang 12 hours 22/9/19
12: Buenos Aries 1000km 20/10/19
13: Fuji 6 hours 10/11/19
14: Macau 3 hours 17/11/19
15: Korean 6 hours 24/11/19
16: Mil Milhas (Curtiba) 8/12/19

2nd: 40
3rd: 35
4th: 30
5th: 25
6th: 20
7th: 15
8th: 12
9th: 10
10th: 7
11th: 5
12th: 4
13th: 3
14th: 2
15th: 1

Cars
SRT Viper
Ferrari 488
Ginetta G55
Chevrolet Corvette C6
Audi R8
BMW M6
Mercedes AMG GT
McLaren 650S
Lamborghini Huracan
Aston Martin V12 Vantage
Nissan GT-R
Porsche 911 GT3.R
Ford GT
Bentley Continental GT3
Cadillac ATS-V

Factory teams

Reserve list

Templates
PM me and I will send the relevant template across. Please note that I don't have any software to make liveries

Links

Feel free to discuss this.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

A major factor in why the entry-level probationary period was imposed in the first place was to stem the influx of technically complex and overambitious series proposed by well-meaning users without the necessary experience to adequately manage their tools, and the inevitable failures leaving drivers and team owners stranded out in the open. An entry-level series should be technically simple, with low-performance cars and rookie to low-level drivers, such that the shock, and load, of managing a series within a dynamic environment is distributed across a more protracted, as the new series user gradually acclimatises to the elements necessary to successfully run an ASMF series.

This proposed series contains a calendar of sixteen races at sixteen separate circuits, fifteen GT3 level cars, presumably with unique performance profiles for each, the inclusion of factory teams as a gameplay element, and is being run on rFactor, a simulation which has proven to be an exceptionally difficult nut to crack. Furthermore, the real-life series upon which this is based upon have had championship-calibre GT drivers participate, potentially leading to further conflicts with existing canon sportscar and GT series, of which there are three already.

This is not an entry-level series.

Roblomas, I would highly recommend that you consider significantly simplifying your calendar, select car models of a considerably reduced performance level, perhaps G40 Ginettas or even Cup Porsche Carreras, and substantially reduce the variety of the car selection, such that the number of unique performance profiles is reduced accordingly. In its present iteration, with all the possible points of failure and overlaps with higher-level ASMF series, I cannot vote to pass this as an appropriate entry-level series.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Between FIA EC and PES, I don't think there is really a need for another sportscar series, when things like the single seater ladder are suddenly under threat. Your efforts could be better served aimed at an under-represented aspect of motor racing in the canon, such as a regional series in a part of the world that is currently missing (Asia or South America, for example).
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

kevinbotz wrote:and is being run on rFactor, a simulation which has proven to be an exceptionally difficult nut to crack.

I'm running the series on GTR2.

kevinbotz wrote:Roblomas, I would highly recommend that you consider significantly simplifying your calendar, select car models of a considerably reduced performance level, perhaps G40 Ginettas or even Cup Porsche Carreras, and substantially reduce the variety of the car selection.

I'm pretty sure there are no Ginetta G40's for GTR2 and I've never had much interest in Porsche Carrera cup.

I do though, have the Ginetta LMP3 and I could knock up a regional series using it. (The Ligier JS-P3 would have been better though, would have made it more like ELMS this season :P)
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Switching over to a single LMP3 model would certainly be a step in the right direction. I'd also recommend including driver standard limits within your proposal, i.e. no Platinums or Golds, Silver and Bronze only.

At the same time, Biscione does have a very good point regarding the congestion of the sportscar/GT category, which I would ask you to consider accordingly moving forward.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

I had already considered the last point raised. This is due to the fact that there is no global gt series in the current canon season and that the original plan for GT1 cars to be used was founded while RealRacingRoots had buggered off and there was no gt series in canon. I will edit this post in a bit when I have warmed my hands up and looked through the files on my pc for an LMP3 template and what tracks I have lying around. This means that there may be more than one proposal for a calendar.

Edit: I have no template for the LMP3 on my PC but as I don't have the means to produce a video of each race, this is not much of an issue.

Also, here are the 3 options. Tracks are in no order.

Option 1: Europe
1. Red Bull Ring
2. Portimao
3.Brands Hatch
4. Hungaroring
5. Valencia 2008 F1
6. Hockenheim
7. Mugello
8. Paul Ricard
9. Spa Francochamps
10. Zandvoort

Option 2: North/South America
1. Road America
2. Barber Motorsports Park
3. Montreal
4. Curitiba
5. Mexico City 2015
6. Laguna Seca
7. Miller Motorsport Park (now known as Utah Motorsport Campus)
8. Portero de Los Funes
9. Virginia International Raceway
10 .Watkins Glen

Option 3: Middle East/Asia/Oceania
1. Fuji Speedway
2. Marina Bay
3. Buriram
4. Dubai
5. Istanbul
6. Yeongam
7. Pukekohe
8. Sepang
9. Sydney Motorsport Park
10. Zuhai
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

After searching around a bit online, I found a mod for the Mini Cooper Challenge cars seen in GSCE. Since I never have had and never will have any intention of running Porsche Carrera Cup in canon and since the Mini mod has a template, I decided that this might work better than the Ginetta LMP3's.

Races will be 100 miles long and the points will be as follows...

1st: 50
2nd: 40
3rd: 35
4th: 30
5th: 25
6th: 20
7th: 15
8th: 12
9th: 10
10th: 7
11th: 5
12th: 4
13th: 3
14th: 2
15th: 1

It will be a spec series on GTR2 and on the following tracks, laps will be in brackets.

Brands Hatch Indy (83)
Silverstone National (63)
Ledenon (51)
Pau (61)
Jyllandsringen (72)
Jarama (42)
Hockenheim Short (63)
Moscow Raceway DTM (64)
Villa Real (34)
Grobnik (39)
Zandvoort Club (64)
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

So, I have decided to take my bravery and send this idea to this thread.

Over the past month, we have many members questioning about whether there is going to be an Indy Star Mazda happening from 2019. This is following that "failed attempt to make it canon" 2018 Indy Star Mazda ran by Axel.

So, it seems that chances of looking for an owner and to create the new series for 2019 the way a series is expected to run, are very slim.

Recently, I have been talking and mentioning about this on the Mibbit chat as I feel that since there is no other owner with a better capability of running, I am probably the last hope now of making it happen.

During my whole time here in this community I have had numerous attempts of running an Actual-Canon series dating back to the time when I attempted to run CART 2000. When that attempt failed, I was referred to doing a non-canon series instead. But despite my time of learning experience, I was still unable to show off my full potential into running a series despite that I did try my very best.

But despite this, I do have now the capability to run a series, at least on NR2003 so this is why I have decided to step in and show off what I can do. I did mention about my idea of running it in the PMMF Planning Thread and despite some bits of support over the idea, I have been pointed out that because I would be running it on NR2003, the mod that I could be using to run with may not be very suitable (1999-2000 Indycar Mod).

So, for anyone who may still be interested here was the proposal I posted on the thread:

2019 Indy Star Mazda

The series will be run on NR2003.

Cars:

I am Looking to run the series using the cars based on the V8 Indycar Series Mod (1999-2000)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By_JXm ... 1BVGc/view

Numbers:

Any number between 2-99. 1 will be unavaliable unless under exceptional circumstances since this will be an unlikely series where drivers can defend their title if they become World Champion.

Teams:

Up to 10 teams (or 20 Drivers) will take part in the series.

Drivers:

Fictional drivers are always welcome. Real Life Drivers are also allowed. (To be Decided by RNG)

Proposed 2019 Calender:

St Petersburg Street Circuit (March 8,9)

Barber Motorsports Park (March 22,23)

Indianapolis Road Course (May 10,11)

Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (July 5,6)

Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (July 27,28)

Watkins Glen International (August 16,17)

Mazda Laguna Seca (September 27,28)

The series will contest of 14 races (2 races each Round).

Points (Provisional)

1 extra point for Pole Position
2 extra point for Fastest Lap

So, as I speak, if there is nobody other than me have any interest in running this, then I would be willing to give this a go, but because of my several failed attempts recently and due to the fact is that the mods may not be suited enough, I would be willing to run this series for only one season, which would give us more time to find another owner.
Last edited by Gonzalez on 06 Mar 2017, 16:25, edited 5 times in total.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I would say immediately there's no way a Star Mazda series should be run with a V8 IndyCar mod. You'd be using cars faster than Lights, and likely on a par with the top tier IndyCar series. I'd rather it didn't happen at all than be run with an extremely unsuitable mod.

Image Image
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

We'll now proceed to commence voting on the items that were submitted prior to the 12th; Gonzalez's revised Indy Star Mazda proposal will be reserved for discussion for the following voting cycle.

Concerning the various separate proposals on team restriction schemes, rather than the "yes/no" usually adopted for council votes, just one scheme will instead be specified from the menu below.

1. Klon's initial proposal of an aggregate number of twelve teams per user, distributed either according to four teams per entity, or twelve wholly independent teams.

2. AndreaModa's suggested amendment of at least six or seven teams per entity, with no defined upper bound on how many teams a single user can manage.

3. Biscione's revised proposal of a general principle of series-side enforcement on regional/geographic grounds, with minimal or no oversight from the council itself.

4. Insufficient consensus amongst the userbase exists for the implementation of any such limitation, and the issue should thus be set aside until explicitly raised again.

As Pasta's F1 has already received implicit backing from a plurality of council members, no further vote is necessary. The remaining proposal on the agenda will be voted upon as usual.

1. roblomas' proposal of a Mini Cooper Challenge series.

I'll proceed to kick off voting.

ASMF Team Restriction Scheme: #3

1. Abstain
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

DemocalypseNow wrote:I would say immediately there's no way a Star Mazda series should be run with a V8 IndyCar mod. You'd be using cars faster than Lights, and likely on a par with the top tier IndyCar series. I'd rather it didn't happen at all than be run with an extremely unsuitable mod.

There is a possibility those cars can be detuned so that it can match the same speed and times a regular F4 car can do. If i can just make them slower, that might help.

I think I can do that in any of the Track's Configuration.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Gonzalez wrote:There is a possibility those cars can be detuned so that it can match the same speed and times a regular F4 car can do. If i can just make them slower, that might help.

I think I can do that in any of the Track's Configuration.

If that is indeed possible, then I don't see a reason why Star Mazda couldn't be run on that mod. It doesn't need to be F4 level either, as the series should be closer to F3.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

I have just done some Testing on the ISM at Road America. I have done some fiddling with the Track's settings and continuously change the numbers in the AI_Grip and the AI_Drag modifier to make the cars slower. Now, after doing a Quali Session and a race, here are the results:

https://s27.postimg.org/blmcbaqjn/image.png
https://s29.postimg.org/wpyli2amv/GG2.png

I know the results aren't that perfect, the times are pretty too slow, in which that can be sorted with more work. Perhaps some more work on the car's ratings could help as well in order to make the gaps between each car more realistic.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

That vote is a thing... :shock:

ASMF Team Restriction Scheme: #2

1. Abstain
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

1. Abstain.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

1. Aye
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

ASMF Team Restriction Scheme: #2

1. Nein
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Team Restriction Scheme #3 passes by three votes to two. Regional series managers are now strongly recommended to consider the plausibility and suitability of the team bids they receive, particularly pertaining to their nationality and geographic proximity to the series in question, as a decisive factor in approving them.

As Roblomas' Mini Cooper Challenge proposal has received one "yes" and one "no" vote, resulting in a tie, the decisive vote will go to Rated, as the Independents' Representative.
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

Roblomas, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to vote with a "No" for the Mini Cooper Challenge series.
I do not personally feel like there is a need for such series. It would lead to the creation of too many new canon drivers for too few touring cars series to feed. I do understand if you felt like it could directly feed the SEAT Leon Supercopa (which I run), but my series itself do not really have another to directly feed since IPC's disappearance.
However, I feel like that you're heading to (what I think is) the right direction, with a single spec series, easier to manage.
This is nothing against you running a canon series, keep that in mind.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Hmm, after having a look through my hard drive, I found templates for the Lotus Evora Type 124 Endurance mod. The cars are either GT4 or just under GT4 performance levels. Would that be better? The points and the calendar would be the almost the same except for the full configurations being used for some locations and a few of the shorter tracks being replaced.

Edit: The dates would be the same on the calendar but the rounds would go like...
Brands Hatch GP
Zandvoort
Spa Francochamps
Hockenheim
Red Bull Ring
Paul Ricard
Jarama
Vila Real
Imola
Hungaroring
Moscow Raceway
Last edited by roblo97 on 22 Feb 2017, 21:18, edited 1 time in total.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

There's a bit of housecleaning that I'd like to get through prior to opening the discussion/proposal window for this cycle:

1. From this window onwards, informal series ratification, or series proposals being passed without a formal vote in the council thread, will no longer be permitted.

2. Whilst mentions on this issue were made in previous cycles, from this window onwards, any formal proposals, proposed amendments, or discussion points written after the discussion window and during the voting process will no longer be recognized. To maximize the amount of time and opportunities for users to offer their input, a three-week proposal/discussion window will be put into place, which will then subsequently be followed by voting.

As such, the present proposal/discussion window will be open until March 15th, 2017.
Pilot

Post by Pilot »

deleted
Last edited by Pilot on 05 Mar 2017, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.
Biscione wrote:Can you stop being such a snowflake for five minutes?
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

I'm not seeing anything particularly problematic with the proposal itself, but I do have some concerns regarding whether or not another F4 series is strictly necessary. There's already considerable series congestion around the F4 level, with five active F4 championships feeding into just one series above, F3 Eurasia.

Perhaps you could organize the series such that it primarily supplies F5000 with drivers instead, rather than having it be categorized under the conventional FIA umbrella? You could also consider other entry-level avenues beyond solely open-wheelers; something akin to a GT Cup or Challenge series would also valid options.
Pilot

Post by Pilot »

deleted
Last edited by Pilot on 26 Feb 2017, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

I have a proposal directly related to this discussion.

So, F4 is becoming congested (really didn't expect that to happen so quickly, now, did we?). Problem: Not enough places for the cream of this very abundant crop to go. We've got F3 Eurasia, we've got AR2.0 aaaand that's about it. Star Mazda's a bit up in the air, but hopefully Gonzo can get it going and running smoothly. Hopefully. So, five F4 series, three potential destinations, which is slightly closer to the F4:F3 ratio we have in our plane of existence... until you factor in the Mazda Road to Indy, GP3 and especially Formula Renault. Still congested. Oh, dear.

So, what's the solution? Well, up to this point (or recently) we've pretty much been treating things like IndyCar or DTM or the Mauritian Rally Championship as stuff that's happening in the background. Nobody's running them, but we can make assumptions as to who the frontrunners are in these series whenever someone wants to bring one over to a series that is being run.

What if someone does run these championships? Not as a game where people make driver bids and run teams and where races are run live in the chatroom. Everything is up to the series organiser. He just sets up the relevant performance or talent files, decides who drives for what team, who gets sacked for sub-par performances, quicksims the races and preferably also keeps DEC owners posted so they don't feel totally powerless over their "children".

Basically the objective here is so that these drivers from the lower rungs have a place to go should they find themselves out of F4 rides. But I'd also like for it to put as little stress as possible on whoever does run these things. Some ideas I've had for such series include F3 series for the Americas and Africa (I would personally be in a position to take on the former), another AR2.0 series like there used to be, a Tasman Series revival, maybe even DTM, BTCC or other touring car championships.

Now, obviously there are problems with this, but I do hope we can refine it into something that's doable. :)
#FreeGonzo
Pilot

Post by Pilot »

Simtek wrote:I have a proposal directly related to this discussion.

So, F4 is becoming congested (really didn't expect that to happen so quickly, now, did we?). Problem: Not enough places for the cream of this very abundant crop to go. We've got F3 Eurasia, we've got AR2.0 aaaand that's about it. Star Mazda's a bit up in the air, but hopefully Gonzo can get it going and running smoothly. Hopefully. So, five F4 series, three potential destinations, which is slightly closer to the F4:F3 ratio we have in our plane of existence... until you factor in the Mazda Road to Indy, GP3 and especially Formula Renault. Still congested. Oh, dear.

So, what's the solution? Well, up to this point (or recently) we've pretty much been treating things like IndyCar or DTM or the Mauritian Rally Championship as stuff that's happening in the background. Nobody's running them, but we can make assumptions as to who the frontrunners are in these series whenever someone wants to bring one over to a series that is being run.

What if someone does run these championships? Not as a game where people make driver bids and run teams and where races are run live in the chatroom. Everything is up to the series organiser. He just sets up the relevant performance or talent files, decides who drives for what team, who gets sacked for sub-par performances, quicksims the races and preferably also keeps DEC owners posted so they don't feel totally powerless over their "children".

Basically the objective here is so that these drivers from the lower rungs have a place to go should they find themselves out of F4 rides. But I'd also like for it to put as little stress as possible on whoever does run these things. Some ideas I've had for such series include F3 series for the Americas and Africa (I would personally be in a position to take on the former), another AR2.0 series like there used to be, a Tasman Series revival, maybe even DTM, BTCC or other touring car championships.

Now, obviously there are problems with this, but I do hope we can refine it into something that's doable. :)

Interesting concept.

I personally am open to run any series required to be run, I would like it if the series I ran had a little more forum input on each team. Saying that, I wouldn't mind just quick simming the races etc. However, I don't know a series that this forum needs or wants.

Which is why I am open to suggestions.
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

I would be willing to (and have started to prepare resources to) run an Alternate BTCC series similar to my 18m-Debut series that could ease F4-congestion from the 2020 season onwards (not enough time to get it running for 2019), as previously suggested to me by Pasta; however this would be more involved than your concept to make it realistic- teams would still bid for cars and drivers, and (may) be able to build their own NGTC chassis (this is one of the advantages of it being based in GP2- I can bodge together newer cars quickly in GIMP). Does this sound like a good idea?
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
Bobby Doorknobs

This Could Be You wrote:I would be willing to (and have started to prepare resources to) run an Alternate BTCC series similar to my 18m-Debut series that could ease F4-congestion from the 2020 season onwards (not enough time to get it running for 2019), as previously suggested to me by Pasta; however this would be more involved than your concept to make it realistic- teams would still bid for cars and drivers, and (may) be able to build their own NGTC chassis (this is one of the advantages of it being based in GP2- I can bodge together newer cars quickly in GIMP). Does this sound like a good idea?

Perfectly acceptable! My proposal is (on top of the F4 issues) really only a stop-gap solution for anyone who might not have the time to run series like these to quite the same standard as would normally be expected.

As I've said, I am personally willing and able to do F3 Americas and maybe one or two others in the fashion I previously talked about. There will be no driver RNGs, no liveries, no live calls, just the relevant data dictating drivers' performance and a selection of teams both from real life and elsewhere in canon. In the case of the latter I would like the counsel of the owners of such entities with regards to what sort of driver they would seek to hire and what to do in case of sub-par performance or (unlikely though it probably will be given the format) injuries. After that it's basically on auto-pilot. Basically the whole season could be run in a day, although I will try and merely keep these series up to date with others of a similar level in case someone wants to pluck a driver out mid-season.
#FreeGonzo
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This Could Be You wrote:I would be willing to (and have started to prepare resources to) run an Alternate BTCC series similar to my 18m-Debut series.....teams would still bid for cars and drivers, and (may) be able to build their own NGTC chassis (this is one of the advantages of it being based in GP2- I can bodge together newer cars quickly in GIMP). Does this sound like a good idea?

Image Image
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Regarding the proposal of my Indy Star Mazda, I understand there are doubts from a few people here on whether ISM would definitely come into force.

All I would like to say is that ISM will remain open to anyone with a better program (GP2, GP4, Rfactor) if I do get to run it for 2019. This is because I have learnt that NR2003 may not be a suited program to go for (As it's a game designed mainly for Tin-Tops rather than Single-Seaters) and I have been recommended by Salamander to look at a possible stock car series.

In response to Salamander, I have created a Ford Fusion Cup2003 template and tested it out and it looks like I have better preparation in running a league like this than the former.

But despite this, I will be keeping the latter as a backup\alternative option for myself should the former fail for approval.

I can maybe run this series as an American equivalent to either BTCC, TCWS or even the SEAT Leon Supercopa as a one-make series and may not have to treat this as a potential ladder to Nascar or another higher level of Stock Car Racing.

Now, again about ISM, if it does get approved, I would be willing to run this series for at least one season, and as I have said earlier in this post, it is open to anyone willing to take over beyond 2019. And in case if you do worry about how well I would run, I will continue to push to the maximum into running the series the way it's suppose to be run
Pilot

Post by Pilot »

kevinbotz wrote:I'm not seeing anything particularly problematic with the proposal itself, but I do have some concerns regarding whether or not another F4 series is strictly necessary. There's already considerable series congestion around the F4 level, with five active F4 championships feeding into just one series above, F3 Eurasia.

Perhaps you could organize the series such that it primarily supplies F5000 with drivers instead, rather than having it be categorized under the conventional FIA umbrella? You could also consider other entry-level avenues beyond solely open-wheelers; something akin to a GT Cup or Challenge series would also valid options.

I'd love to market it as a feeder to F5000.
coldcherrii

Post by coldcherrii »

After some tweaks, I'd like to propose a series to the council.

Even though it's not a low level series, I am pretty much involved in the Offline League community, and well, I like to take my chances.

I'm going to be starting this series in 2020, so that I don't have to worry about conflicting dates and having to move dates around, etc.

I have made a rough draft of a schedule that can be edited.

So, I'm just going to tell you about the series.

This series will be run on NR2003 with The Pit's Touring Car mod.

Summary/Backstory
In March of 2017, media/broadcast companies Axiom Entertainment and RaGE Media Group announced that they'll be looking into developing a international top tier racing series. It was later announced that they have formed a parent company for the league, Axiom Motorsport International. In July of 2018, it was announced that a twelve race season will be raced in 2020, with support from multiple manufacturers.

Later in the year, it was announced that the name of the series will be the Global Road Cars Challenge. Testing would start in August of 2019 and continue until January of 2020.

Potential racing calender (subject to be changed):

Hong Kong (February 7-8 2020) [Hong Kong Grand Prix]
Bathurst (February 14-15 2020) [New South Wales Grand Prix]
Albert Park (March 20-21 2020) [Australian Grand Prix]
Bahrain (April 3-4 2020) [Bahrain Grand Prix]
Yas Marina (April 17-18 2020) [Abu Dhabi Grand Prix]
Falkenberg (May 1-2 2020) [Swedish Grand Prix]
Karjala Raceway (May 8-9 2020) [Finnish Grand Prix]
Circuit Charles de Gaulle (June 5-6 2020) [French Grand Prix]
Oulton Park (July 17-18 2020) [British Grand Prix]
Circuit ICAR (September 18-19 2020) [Canadian Grand Prix]
Circuit of the Americas (September 25-26 2020) [United States Grand Prix South]
Phoenix Road Course (October 9-10 2020) [United States Grand Prix West]
Mexico City (October 16-17 2020) [Mexican Grand Prix]

Point system:
The top 20 will score points

1) 30
2) 28
3) 26
4) 24
5) 22
6) 20
7) 18
8) 14
9) 12
10) 11
11) 10
12) 9
13) 8
14) 7
15) 6
16) 5
17) 4
18) 3
19) 2
20) 1

2 extra points for Pole
3 extra points for fastest lap

The Race Weekend:
Friday:
FP1: 11am local time (70 minutes)
Qualifying: 2pm local time (60 minutes)
FP2: 3:45pm local time (45 minutes)
Saturday:
Warmup: 1:20pm local time (35 minutes)
Race: 2:30pm (laps completed or 3 hour time limit)

Cars:
I'll be using The Pit's Touring Car mod, and you'll be able to paint your own car.

Cars Available:

Chevrolet Corvette
Ford Mustang
Dodge Viper
BMW M3
Toyota Supra
Mercedes SLR
Nissan Silva
Saleen S7

Templates are on The Pit's website.

Drivers:
I would like to have drivers from any nationality and have at least experience in F4/AR2.0+. Numbers will be given out first come first serve, with number 1 being exclusive to the defending champion. Drivers must be at least age 17 before competing.

Teams:
They'll be no limit to teams but entries will be limited to 30.

Race length:
Race length will be 110-230 miles long, depending on track length, but they will always have a time limit of 3 hours.

If you wish to see what I've done in the past, you can look here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/gtaivmanhelper/videos
Last edited by coldcherrii on 05 Mar 2017, 21:24, edited 10 times in total.
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Some Testing on the Mod I am willing to use for ISM, on a number of my selected tracks. This will also show what the Mod will look like in the game. After a few practice races, it seems I am getting the hang, now i am going to test on it's aggressiveness which will hopefully make the induction of Penalty Points possible.

https://postimg.org/image/8q54adbib/

Top 2 pictures: Watkins Glen
Middle 2 pictures: Road America
Bottom 3 pictures: Gilles Villeneuve

Other than that, the series is ready to go, just some last minute of fiddling though the ratings with a bit of help from Salamander and i'm done.
Bobby Doorknobs

I'd like to elaborate more on what my proposal entails:

Here is a wiki page containing the entry list and calendar for the F3 Americas championship. While I'm more or less satisfied with the calendar, the entry list is to be taken with a pinch of salt; it is entirely provisional. These are only the teams I either feel would fit into the Americas championship, or have been submitted by controlling users themselves. Any further suggestions are entirely welcome, but, due to the limitations of the simulator I will be using, only thirteen will participate in the championship. I do admit to have included some of these teams without the approval of their usual owners (Mazzacane, for example), so if anyone would prefer not to see them there, they can and will be removed.

I will be responsible for the day-to-day running of all teams, but I will ask for the guidance of their usual owners for any restrictions on what sort of drivers they will run (for example, Tropico Academy would be expected only to run Tropican drivers), as well as what to do in the event of a driver consistently underperforming (firing, demotion to the same organisation's F4 team, or something even more unusual).

Not all of the circuits represented on the calendar will strictly be used in GP2 (some don't even exist for it!), but, as these will only be quicksimmed, the only important thing will be to use circuits that work and if ones that have similar characteristics can be found, even better.

Drivers may be a difficult one. North American F4 will be the most likely source for these and this may cause havoc for the driver market there. For the moment, I would like, similar to what I have for teams, to put together a shortlist of candidates for F3 drives. I would accept candidates from F4, F3 and AR2.0, or canon rookies. Drivers from other series will be judged on a case-by-case basis.
#FreeGonzo
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Simtek wrote:I'd like to elaborate more on what my proposal entails:

Here is a wiki page containing the entry list and calendar for the F3 Americas championship. While I'm more or less satisfied with the calendar, the entry list is to be taken with a pinch of salt; it is entirely provisional. These are only the teams I either feel would fit into the Americas championship, or have been submitted by controlling users themselves. Any further suggestions are entirely welcome, but, due to the limitations of the simulator I will be using, only thirteen will participate in the championship. I do admit to have included some of these teams without the approval of their usual owners (Mazzacane, for example), so if anyone would prefer not to see them there, they can and will be removed.

I will be responsible for the day-to-day running of all teams, but I will ask for the guidance of their usual owners for any restrictions on what sort of drivers they will run (for example, Tropico Academy would be expected only to run Tropican drivers), as well as what to do in the event of a driver consistently underperforming (firing, demotion to the same organisation's F4 team, or something even more unusual).

Not all of the circuits represented on the calendar will strictly be used in GP2 (some don't even exist for it!), but, as these will only be quicksimmed, the only important thing will be to use circuits that work and if ones that have similar characteristics can be found, even better.

Drivers may be a difficult one. North American F4 will be the most likely source for these and this may cause havoc for the driver market there. For the moment, I would like, similar to what I have for teams, to put together a shortlist of candidates for F3 drives. I would accept candidates from F4, F3 and AR2.0, or canon rookies. Drivers from other series will be judged on a case-by-case basis.

To add to that, something to be considered would be the same system, but at the beginning of the year user-controlled teams have the option to assign their own drivers, rather than have the series operator choose for them. However, this would be done in a certain time frame, I.e. "Users have 1 week to choose drivers for their own teams or I will choose for them".
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Bobby Doorknobs

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Simtek wrote:I'd like to elaborate more on what my proposal entails:

To add to that, something to be considered would be the same system, but at the beginning of the year user-controlled teams have the option to assign their own drivers, rather than have the series operator choose for them. However, this would be done in a certain time frame, I.e. "Users have 1 week to choose drivers for their own teams or I will choose for them".

Also acceptable. ;)
#FreeGonzo
Pilot

Post by Pilot »

Viper Cup 2019 Proposal

Calendar
Viper Cup Calendar 2019
Anderstorp, Sweden - March 2-4 support to FE
Brno, Czech Republic - March 9-11
Estoril, Portugal - March 23-25
Hockenheim, Germany - April 6-8
Monza, Italy - 20-22 April support to ARWS
Imola, Italy - 27-29 April support to F1
Spa, Belgium - May 11-13
Zhuhai, China - June 15-17
Donington, Great Britain - August 24-27 support to F1

The Race Weekend
Friday - Practice/Quali
Saturday - A 45 Minute Race

Points System
1. 25
2. 18
3. 15
4. 12
5. 10
6. 8
7. 6
8. 4

Participants
8 teams of 2 cars each,
Drivers can be any nationality, have to be at least 16 by the first race date.
DEC need owner approval, and Real Life Drivers will be RNG'ed.

Car
Dodge/Chrysler Viper GTS-R
Last edited by Pilot on 19 Mar 2017, 16:19, edited 5 times in total.
coldcherrii

Post by coldcherrii »

New proposal for a GT3 cup level series, you can scrap my other proposal for now.

2020 Ford GT Racing Series proposal

2020 Schedule:
(dates subject to change)

February 1-2: Las Vegas Testing
February 14-16: Phoenix Testing

March 13-14: St. Petersburg (support to IndyCar)
April 10-11: Long Beach (support to IndyCar)
May 9-10: Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course (support to IndyCar)
May 30-31: Circuit Charles de Gaulle (support to FE)
June: 12-13: Hong Kong (Own event)
June: 26-27: Las Vegas RC (Own event)
July: 10-11: Mid-Ohio (support to IndyCar)
July: 24-25: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (support to IndyCar)
August 14-15 or 21-22: Watkins Glen (support to IndyCar)
September: 25-26: Laguna Seca (support to IndyCar)

Race Weekend:
Friday: FP1 + Qualifying + FP2
Saturday: Warmup + Sprint race + Main race

Friday:
FP1: 12:30pm local time [20 minutes]
Qualifying: 1:30pm local time [25 minutes]
FP2: 2:15pm local time [15 minutes]
Saturday:
Warmup: 11am [30 minutes]
Sprint race: 12pm local time [25 minutes]
Main event: 1:30pm local time [50 minutes]

Cars being used:
Ford Mustang
Ford GT

Game: NASCAR Racing 2003
Mod: The Pit's Touring Car mod, templates for both GT and Mustang are available on their website.

Point system:
Top 9 get points

1) 15
2) 13
3) 11
4) 9
5) 7
6) 5
7) 3
8) 2
9) 1

Drivers:
I would like to have drivers from any nationality and have at least experience in F4/AR2.0+. Numbers will be given out first come first serve, with number 1 being exclusive to the defending champion. Drivers must be at least age 16 before competing.

Teams:
They'll be no limit to teams but entries will be limited to 25 per race.
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

The discussion window is now closed. TCBY's BTCC proposal will be deferred over to the next discussion/voting cycle.

Considering that Simtek's F3 Americas proposal is contingent upon the ratification of the automated series proposal, council members deliberating on the proposal are advised to take their previous votes on automated series into consideration; i.e. voting "no" on automated series, then voting "yes" on F3 Americas, would not make any sense.

Voting shall now proceed on the following items:

1. Roblomas' revised proposal for an Evora Type 124 Cup series.

2. Simtek's proposal for the inclusion of heavily automated series with minimal user participation into the ASMF, as a measure to alleviate existing ASMF driver congestion, in addition to incentivizing the inclusion of presently non-represented series, such as DTM.

2 (i). Simtek's follow-up proposal for an F3 Americas championship, to be run as an automated series as delineated above.

3. Gonzalez's Indy Star Mazda proposal.

4. Pilot8's Viper Cup proposal.

5. Chaossy's Ford GT GT3 Cup proposal.

I'll kick off voting, as per usual.

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

2 (i). Yes.

3. No.

4. Abstain.

5. Abstain.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

1. Abstain
2. Yes
2i. Yes
3. No
4. Abstain
5. Yes
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?