2016 China GP - Reject of the Race

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
DemocalypseNow

2016 China GP - Reject of the Race

Post by DemocalypseNow »

You know the deal. You get two picks, first receives 10pts for biggest screw-up of the day, and 6pts to the second biggest screw-up.

Polling closes Tue 19th @ 1800 BST!

Biscione's picks;
1. Jolyon Palmer
2. Chinese marshals
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Aguaman

Re: 2016 China GP - Reject of the Race

Post by Aguaman »

10. Palmer. Dead last.

6. Nico Hulkenberg - Penalty for holding someone up.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

1. Renault - they claimed they would score points if they didn't get any sort of problems. They didn't get any problems, and finished absolutelly nowhere.
2. Jolyon Palmer - Absolutelly uninspiring.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

1. Reno - Magnussen claimed they'd be scoring points this weekend. The team claimed their race pace would be strong. That car is just a complete toilet.

2. Sebastian Vettel - Daniil no-selling Seb's whinging post-race was fantastic. Kvyat vs Vettel in a no-holds-barred match at the next WWE PPV, book it Hunter. :P

Honourable mentions to Lewis Hamilton's fanboys, because you just know we'll get stuff like "MERCEDES IS FAVOURING THE NAZI CHEATSBURG OVER OUR LEWIS" for the next few weeks. The joys of social media. :facepalm:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
GerhardTalger

Post by GerhardTalger »

1. Lewis Hamilton - Yeah, he started in last. Yeah, he had wing problems right of the start. But on lap 20 he was, albeit a little out of sync, racing in third position. What the HELL has he been doing in the second half of the race? Appalling. Not getting past Massa was the icing on the cake.

2. Renault - Lol.

Also Haas wasn't having the greatest of weekends seeing their pace in Bahrain, but well that can happen, they're new to this, etc.
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

1. Debris on the track
2. Reno
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
girry

Post by girry »

1. Sebastian Vettel & Kai Ebel for the postrace cringe
2. Renault for being depressing

ed: Can't not give the Marshals a HM
Last edited by girry on 17 Apr 2016, 08:11, edited 1 time in total.
when you're dead people start listening
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

1. Chinese marshals: Provided the most entertainment on Saturday. Laughably bad!
2. Renault: Absolutely nowhere all weekend.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

1. Hamilton's luck. Is he really the last two years champion? What a turnaround really.
2. Renault. Urmmm

HM: Mercedes' clutch or start. So bad that it's actually gives us good race.
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

1. Chinese GP Marshals - Not much work to do for them during the race, and it was better this way. Their Saturday performance was incredibly amateurish. It took them a long time to move Wehrlein's car away, followed by a comedic attempt to dry the puddles on the start/finish straight. Subsequently, they parked their car in a runoff area (WTF?), and in the middle of qualifying they decided to put a tyre stack into the hairpin when it was only intended for the Porsche Cup.

2. Renault. Just no pace at all this weekend.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

1. Renault - Good lord they suck
2. Sebastian Vettel

HM - Reliability
I like the way Snrub thinks!
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

10: Jolyon Palmer gets a little bit in the way there, that's Palmer and he's getting even more in the way there! Now, he really should be moving on, moving out of the way, he's desperately slow, he's there because of his... er... wait a minute...

...Pastor...

Pastor! Come back, all is forgiven, and I'm sure there are a few other companies in Venezuela that have a few pesos left to spare... right?

6: Me for losing my analysis sheet before the race - I print out one of these for every race and fill in the gaps while it's going on, I've done this since the start of the 1997 season, and I can't for the life of me work out where I've put them all... I've printed out every for up to Italy for this year so far, but stopped because the printer went completely mental and hasn't worked at all since then. So I had to go with the hind of ugly-hand-drawn version I'd made do with when I was much younger. It's not satisfying, and I've lost the clipboard that goes with it as well. I'll be glad when this house renovation is over and everything can be put back in the right place (including me as I'm temporarily displaced to the spare room). Bah!
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
mario

Post by mario »

East Londoner wrote:Honourable mentions to Lewis Hamilton's fanboys, because you just know we'll get stuff like "MERCEDES IS FAVOURING THE NAZI CHEATSBURG OVER OUR LEWIS" for the next few weeks. The joys of social media. :facepalm:

More people seem to be complaining about the potential complaints from Hamilton's fans or are goading those fans into reacting in that way right now, which frankly is just as bad.

1. Hulkenberg - I appreciate that this might be a bit controversial, but he was somewhat lucky that he didn't get a harsher penalty for deliberately backing up drivers in the pit lane given that the resultant queue of traffic nearly caused several accidents (Button nearly crashed into the back of him about halfway down the pit lane).

He was trying to avoid getting to his pit box too quickly given Perez was still being serviced, but the way he backed the traffic up may have caused an unsafe release for Perez, effectively getting the team penalised twice. Even allowing for the time penalty, his pace wasn't that great either.

2. Palmer - his pace was terrible (he didn't even get that close to Haryanto) and, judging by some of the complaints over the radio, he was a bit clueless when being lapped by other cars as well. It's true that Renault were pretty terrible here, but even so his performance was clumsy.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

1) McLaren - Showed a lot of promise, still no points for their regular drivers.

2) Super-reliabilty - Not a single retirement, even in the opening laps.

Honorable Mention to Haas - This was what I was expecting from them in the first place, hopefully this was a one-off weekend.
I could nominate the on-track debris but it helped make the race as interesting as it was.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

1. Renault in general and Jolyon Palmer in particular. Beaten by Haryanto on merit. I was unaware Renault was racing at all until Kvyat had trouble lapping him.

2. Sebastian Vettel for disgraceful and girly whining and trying to pass the guilt to someone else.
"Here's your car. Go nuts."
Dallara, 2010
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

1) Jolyon Palmer: Magnussen had no dry running until qualifying, but kept his head down and worked hard all afternoon. Palmer was absolutely nowhere, except in the way.

2) Marshals: Echoing what pi said, really.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

I would like to nominate myself for missing the start.... that's all
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

1. Marshals
2. Renault
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
James1978

Post by James1978 »

1. Palmer - getting beaten on merit by HARYANTO of all people.

2. Vettel. Enough whinging about Kvyat already.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

1) Renault - worst performance since the Benetton years in 2001

2) Sebastian Vettel - Caused an accident then had the effrontery to blame Kvyat
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

1. Jolyon Palmer = dead last + beat by Haryanto

2. Debris and more debris
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

1)Renault: No pace, no talent... nothing

2)Marshalls: Comedy all weekend
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

1. Renault - I know they'll need time to rebuild themselves, but seeing where they are compared to the Red Bulls throws a lot of shades on the work Enstone's doing. Plus, ROTR for giving a seat to Jolyon Palmer.

2. Haas - Gene's spent the last two weeks bragging around about how cool and strong his team was. Well, this race should be an awakening for them.

HM to tyres and front wings falling off the whole weekend - I don't remember this happening so frequently last year.

EDIT - another HM to Force India: remember when they wanted to fight for third place in the constructors' championship? Neither do I.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

10) Renault - Obvious reasons are obvious. They might as well be driving an edam.

6) Jenson Button's strategist - Seriously, was he EVER on the right tyre, or for the right amount of time?
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

1: Vettel: That First Turn stuffed up Kimi's race, and the whining didn't help >_>
2:Hamilton: Considering that Räikkönen finished 2 spots higher than he did despite the two of them being nose to tail after the Safety Car, and Mercedes being the superior car... Uninsipired is barely a strong enough word. Not being able to pass Massa was just pathetic
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

1- Renault- totally useless. Pointless season beckoning?
2- Vettel- Oh get over it man. It wasn't that bad. As I recall you did worse (turkey 2010).
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

1 - Raikkonen: Because it was his fault the first corner crash. He misjudged the speed of Rosberg and Ricciardo in the corner and had to brake to avoid a contact, which resulted in Vettel braking too, creating all the mess with Kvyat jumping inside of Vettel and the German crashing into Kimi.

2 - Palmer: Last, nothing more to say. Renault made a mistake in firing Pastor Maldonado.

HM to Hamilton and the "Felipe is faster than you" and Grosjean (Haas is right, F1 is full of whiner, starting with his drivers, Grosjean :D ).
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
lance_rambert

Post by lance_rambert »

1st: Renault - Previous races showed me that they could get a sniff of the points. This race, no freaking way were they even close. Palmer came stone dead last, behind Haryanto in a damn Manor no less. Magnussen looked much better, but appeared to be just as useless on track due to that apparent trash heap dubbed the RE16.

2nd (shared): McLaren-Honda's Strategists and Nico Hulkenberg - There were a number of moments while watching where I wanted to scream "PIT BUTTON/ALONSO YOU BATHPLUGS" but couldn't without waking up the neighbors since it was 2AM in the States. By the time McLaren finally pitted their cars, they lost too much time. Minor points could have been on the table, but McLaren found it more in their interests to be like Williams for a day and choose a rather asinine strategy. At least the Honda PU didn't blow up this time. :roll: As for Nico, where the hell was he the entire race? Also, that penalty was pretty humorous.

Honorable Mentions:

Kai Ebel - Jesus H. Christ... the moment he spoke Chinese pretty much summed the podium interviews up.

Haas - What a fall from grace after Grosjean's 5th and 6th in the last two races. I can't give them a full finger wag because Grosjean's race was completely screwed after T1 and T2. Gutierrez looked as unknown as ever, which I honestly expected. At least it's better than driving like a reckless moron.
Last edited by lance_rambert on 17 Apr 2016, 20:05, edited 2 times in total.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

I will give ROTR to my Laptop for not working meaning that the first time since Australia 2002 i havent seen Grand Prix.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Dj_bereta wrote:1 - Raikkonen: Because it was his fault the first corner crash. He misjudged the speed of Rosberg and Ricciardo in the corner and had to brake to avoid a contact, which resulted in Vettel braking too, creating all the mess with Kvyat jumping inside of Vettel and the German crashing into Kimi.

2 - Palmer: Last, nothing more to say. Renault made a mistake in firing Pastor Maldonado.

HM to Hamilton and the "Felipe is faster than you" and Grosjean (Haas is right, F1 is full of whiner, starting with his drivers, Grosjean :D ).

Raikonen caused that? Are you being serious!

10pts: Palmer. That was awful.

6pts Vettel. Hitting Kimi at turn 1 and causing a chain reaction in which 4 front wings were damaged. Then complained about Kvyat the entire race,
Row Man Gross-Gene

Post by Row Man Gross-Gene »

1. Vettel, for the whining.
2. I'll go with Palmer even though he was hardly shown.
It's just unbelievable...that Formula 1 could be such a ridiculous melange of idiots.

-Jamie McGregor

Check out my colo(u)ring pages website: http://sites.google.com/site/carcoloringpages/
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

1. Palmer - dead last and defeated by INDONESIA'S RIO HARYANTO (couldn't resist :lol:)
2. Haas - that was a slump.

Dishonorable mentions to my school and Haryanto DOTD brigade.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

10 Jolyon Palmer: Finished behind Haryanto and in last place with no apparent problem, What more can I say?

6 Sebastian Vettel: For his best Montoya San Marino 2004 impression
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

FMecha wrote:

...yet you vote for Haryanto in the IIDOTR thread?
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Ataxia wrote:
FMecha wrote:

...yet you vote for Haryanto in the IIDOTR thread?

Damn straight. Wehrlein was in freaking unrejectification territory.

Which only lasted like, three minutes after the safety car.
#FreeGonzo
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

1. Lewis; Just because it probably is he's only shot at ROTR this season :p

2. Renault; They sucked. Period.

Honorable mention: Chinese Marshalls, providing us with comedy on Saturday :)
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

andrew wrote:
Dj_bereta wrote:1 - Raikkonen: Because it was his fault the first corner crash. He misjudged the speed of Rosberg and Ricciardo in the corner and had to brake to avoid a contact, which resulted in Vettel braking too, creating all the mess with Kvyat jumping inside of Vettel and the German crashing into Kimi.

Raikonen caused that? Are you being serious!

Yes. He was too fast in the first corner and his lockup to avoid crashing into Rosberg and Ricciardo triggered everything. He indirectly caused all the mess.

I forget to say Raikkonen returned to the track in front of Nasr which resulted in a contact between the Brazilian and Hamilton.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

No one really stood out for me, so I'm going to give 10 points to the one thing that meant we didn't get a decent race for the lead:

1. Ricciardo's puncture
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

1. Renault - awful pace

2. Hamilton. Car damaged or not, the fact he floored it at the start with his front wing under the car, causing him to go off and cause further damage is not smart. Letting Rosberg slip out of his sights at this rate.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
LovelyFondmetal

Post by LovelyFondmetal »

1. Sebastian Vettel - Seb showed today with Kvyat he is still the same spoiled brat from Malaysia 2013

2. Chinese Marshalls - The incompetence in qualifying (indirectly) made my boss shout at me :P

Honourable Mentions:
Jolyon Palmer - Beaten on merit by Rio Haryanto (and literally everyone else)
Ricciardo's Puncture - Fate appears to have him confused with Mark Webber