2019 Silly Season Thread

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Ataxia
Not Important

2019 Silly Season Thread

Post by Ataxia »

Yeah, you know how this works.

Anyway...

Autosport wrote:Nebula to sell 50% stakes in F2 and F3 operations

Nebula Grand Prix is to seek a co-ownership deal for their teams in both the FIA F2 and F3 series, according to a team source.

The French-registered, Bristol-based Nebula currently run teams in AR3.5 and F3, as well as fronting Russian Time's F2 operation, but are looking to take on a partner team for both FIA-commissioned series as the team itself seek to pour more resources into its AR3.5 operations.

It is unclear at this stage whether Nebula will seek a merger with an existing team in either series, or tempt in new investment from elsewhere, but the team will most likely make a decision towards the end of the season pending any applications from interested parties. It is expected that Astro will provide a driver from its famed "Racing Stars" driver development program, and the co-owners will select the other driver.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Normal32

Re: 2019 Silly Season Thread

Post by Normal32 »

Motorsport wrote:F3 management takeover?

After several signs of dubious management during the 2017 season, which resulted in the series getting abruptly cancelled at the middle of the season, more rumors are starting to rise in the HQ of F3 management, with many suggesting that the costs were heavily miscalculated thus resulting in a lot of debt, despite the series good running so far. While it is expected to make it to the end of 2018, its almost unanimous that the series will need new managament next season. An unknown consortium in Spain is very interested on managing the series, and if the rumors are true, this consortium will start managing F3 in 2019. Further rumors are the development of a brand new chassis (a Dallara chassis if the rumors are true) and the contacts with Hyundai to develop a weaker engine for F3 use, its so far very likely we will see a slew of new rules next season in F3.
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Autosport wrote:Jones concern over F3 chassis contract

Sammy Jones has voiced his concern after reports emerged saying that the FIA Formula 3 series could be switching promoter for 2019, and with it a potential contract for new chassis from Dallara.

Jones' chassis manufacturing arm Jones Engineering currently have an exclusive contract with the FIA to supply all F3 teams with their latest type 115 chassis. The Briton's worry stems from this contract - currently the company's only spec series deal.

"It's obviously concerning - we have a very important contract, both financially and reputation-wise, and with a proper organisation like the FIA. To then see these reports emerge before we've even seen out one year of that contract, well it's not exactly made my day. I have a business to run and over the years our F3 chassis have consistently proven themselves to be of superior quality - with many race wins and championships."

Jones also gave a public message to the potential new promoter, questioning their eagerness to switch to Dallara.

"I don't see why a new F3 promoter should mean a wholesale change in chassis supplier. If they'd like to see changes to the design, why didn't they come and speak with my company first? We'd be more than happy to accomodate any changes that may be required."
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

espn.co.uk/ar20 wrote:Kristiansen concerned by Dallara F3 rumours

AutoReject 2.0 series coordinator Jan Kristiansen has expressed his concern over the rumours that Dallara will supply chassis to the FIA F3 series in 2019. Dallara currently produces the AR2.0 chassis, and Kristiansen is worried that the Italian constructor would have its resources stretched too thinly across two similar-level series.

"We have a partnership with Dallara that involves technical support, production and testing" said Kristiansen. "This would be diluted if Dallara produce a car for F3 as well. They are involved in a number of series as it is, and any more would cause us great trouble".

"With less resource, we would have problems with supply and data, and this would cut the life of the current car. Plus, F3's costs will just rise if everyone has to buy a new chassis, and we cannot accommodate people wanting to jump ship at the current moment. F3 needs to stay as it is for the benefit of us and for themselves"

Autosport wrote:Astro and BITW tie-up; "HyperNova Racing" to debut in 2019

Kay Lon's Best In The World Racing have bought a 50% stake in Astro Racing Group's F2 and F3 teams, a move which will take effect next season.

Astro have been running their F2 and F3 operations with their Nebula Grand Prix team, but the team felt that this setup was beginning to detract from their primary focus of winning the AR3.5 championship. The sale of 50% of both FIA-sanctioned teams will allow the teams access to the BITW-managed young drivers in addition to Astro's driver development program.

The teams will be known as "HyperNova Racing" for 2019; Nebula currently race under the RUSSIAN TIME banner, however the RT team principal Svetlana Strelnikova has suggested that she may find another team in F2 to continue with the name.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

New Team Looking Into Entering A Few Series
Genesis Engineering Is Looking To Find A Suitable Series Somewhere In The World. Genesis Have A Few Different Parts For A Bunch Of Countries. Their Japanese Entry Genesis Tokyo R Is Looking into joining SANDWICH
FIAT Group, finding loopholes in the FIA rulebook since it's inception.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Dexter249 wrote:
Genesis Engineering Is Looking To Find A Suitable Series Somewhere In The World. Genesis Have A Few Different Parts For A Bunch Of Countries. Their Japanese Entry Genesis Tokyo R Is Looking into joining SANDWICH

Maybe if you stopped irrtating people with your writing style you could stand a better chance of hiring someone.

Seriously, what's the point of capitalising every word?
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Nuppiz wrote:
Dexter249 wrote:

Maybe if you stopped irrtating people with your writing style you could stand a better chance of hiring someone.

Seriously, what's the point of capitalising every word?

I guess you could say Dexter249 is a capitalist.

I'll get my coat(-unism)...
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

www.nebulagp.fr wrote:Nebula sign Torrente siblings for 2019 AR3.5 season

Nebula Grand Prix are pleased to announce the first drivers to be signed for the 2019 AR3.5 season with Jorge Alvarez Torrente moving from the Peak Aeroracing team, to be partnered by AR2.0 driver and sister Carmen.

Jorge won the AR3.5 Africa Cup over the winter, but problems have ensured that results have been harder to come by for the Spanish driver. Having raced with us in F3, we know that Jorge is a driver with great potential and we hope he can lead us to a championship challenge.

"I am delighted to be back at Nebula" said Jorge. "I'm starting to get used to this AR3.5 car, and our results are slowly improving. With Nebula, I am confident we can attack the field over a whole season and hopefully win plenty of races."

Carmen has also been with us before, having carried out testing with us previously, and her improving results in AR2.0 show that she's ready to move up the ladder. She has racing experience of both Europe and North America, and this will aid her with AR3.5's international calendar.

"It's so weird that I'm going to be racing in the same team as Jorge!" says Carmen. "Hopefully the sibling rivalry will help us to push forward, and I'm sure we'll be helping each other get the best out of the car. I'll be looking up to Jorge because he has more experience of this car, but if I can beat him I'll be delighted!"

We will be known as "Estrella Galicia 0,0 Nebula Grand Prix" for the 2019 season, and below is a preview of the team's updated livery for next year.

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Autosport wrote:ARNC assets purchased; African winter series to go ahead

The former AutoReject Nations Championship assets have been purchased by an African consortium, and the Lola B05/52 cars from the series will be used in the new "African Racing League".

After AutoReject withdrew from the organisation of the ARNC after a glut of part-time entries caused a number of logistical issues across the winter championship, the series has faced an uncertain future. It will not feature for a second championship, and the cars will be stored in Africa whilst the details of the new championship are decided.

The African Racing League will also be a winter championship, and will have a grid of approximately 16-18 entries as the ARL organisers seek to keep a streamlined championship. The series will visit well-known circuits such as Kyalami and Marrakech, and have also been in discussions to bring a race to Cairo. The series will also visit a new circuit in Abuja, believed to be funded by Nigerian entrepreneur and well-known racing team owner Prince Falik. Other circuits are being looked at by the organisers, although it is expected that the calendar will consist mainly of South African venues.

It is believed that any teams wishing to enter the series will be obliged to run an African driver in at least one car.
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Motorsport wrote:24 Hours of Le Mans to return in 2019
It is with pleasure to confirm that the legendary 24 Hours of Le Mans will be returning in 2019, after a 3-year absence in a official championship, counting as a race in the FIA Prototype Challenge championship

"It was a tough decision to leave it out in 2018", "Most teams were unprepared to race in endurace races, plus it would give us extra time to organize the whole championship event for the 2019 season." A spokesman person from PC said.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Autosport wrote:Kyalami 9 Hours won't Run by Markus Mk Company

After initially delayed to January 2019, Markus Mk Company releases the race management to AFRIX Motorsport. Company's assistant said both elder Markus will retire from motorsport involvement in early 2019, suspected to race for the final time at Bathurst 12 Hours. The elder Markus both are {too great for moderators, can't write it :P }.

Which means I won't run Kyalami 9 Hours again. Reason is time availability.
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

www.sportschau.de wrote:Fusion Sign Tomo Kazama

On the team's Facebook account, Coca-Cola Fusion Infiniti have confirmed that Japanese driver Tomo Kazama is going to join the British team for the 2019 AutoRejects World Series season, replacing Italian Fredo Mestolio.

Tomo Kazama drove for Tassie Racing before being released by the now-defunct team in the run-up to the Austrian Grand Prix. Before that, she was active in the series in unsuccessful stints with Equipe Gauthier and Kamaha Motorsports.

Whilst the team has not released any details regarding the contract, a key employee within the team confirmed that the former Formula 2 and Formula 3 champion will earn £300,000 in the first year with a team option for a second year at £600,000.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Autosport Extra wrote:Lamberigts extends contract with Blokkmonsta

Wouter Lamberigts confirmed that he will be racing for Blokkmonsta for next season at least, the exact length not fully known. The German team escaped per-qualifying for most of the year thanks to the Belgian's exploits, so the early move to extend his contract is certainly one to ensure that he would continue to help the team try to stay out of Pre-Q.

"Wouter has done a fantastic job this year getting us on the grid." Said Blokkmonsta's team owner Andrea Schnass. "We look forward to his exploits in seasons to come and getting our little team steadily up the grid."
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

ESPN Deportes wrote:Former Alitalia boss Linari strolls into TMF role after prison release

Former ARWS team boss Alessandro Linari has made a very swift return to motorsport following his release from prison, having already been announced as the new head of the Tropican Motorsport Federation only days after becoming a free man.

The Scotalian was sent to prison for assaulting his own driver, Salvatore Miccoli, two years prior at the season finale of the IFRC series in Australia, punching the Italian and hitting him with a fire extinguisher.

Despite Linari's reputation, the Tropican government turned to him immediately, as they attempt to revive their racing program which has failed to produce a star since the emergence of Alberto Cara.

Daniel Melrose, who holds the honourary postion of El Presidente on the Caribbean island, was quick to dismiss concerns around Linari's chequered history, insisting the merits of his CV outweighed any personal troubles of the former IBR team owner.

"I am delighted to have someone with the managerial expertise of Linari running the country's motorsport program, and I hope that it leads to many championships in the future," he proclaimed.

Believed to be near the top of Linari's agenda is to expand the nation's portfolio of racing interests, with a dedicated Formula 2 feeder team mooted as part of a wider young driver initiative. They are also said to be looking to enter an S2000 team in conjunction with Italian outfit Renzo, with Renaldo Jiménez expected to lead said team.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

AUTOSPORT wrote: PROVISIONAL F3 CALENDAR ANNOUNCED
Race at Japan - TI Aida - 2-3 March
Race at Motegi - Twin Ring Motegi Speedway - 23-24 March*
Pau SuperPrix - Pau Street Circuit - 25-26 May*
Race at Germany - Nürburgring GP-Strecke - 1-2 June
Race at Jordan - Grand Prix Circuit of Zarqa - 3-4 August
Race at UK - Donington Park National - 24-25 August
Race at Paris - Circuit Charles de Gaulle - 7-8 September
Race at Hungary - Hungaroring - 5-6 October
Race at Abu Dhabi - Yas Marina Circuit - 19-20 October
Race at Singapore - Marina Bay Street Circuit - 2-3 November
Korean SuperPrix - Ansan Speedway - 23-24 November*

*Stand-alone

Read more at AUTOSPORT+
Last edited by Normal32 on 04 Oct 2016, 16:04, edited 9 times in total.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Autosport wrote:AR3.5 star to join Lotto?
One of the biggest news of the 2019 season is the new team joining the ARWS grid, Lotto Racing. While the belgian organisation has not revealed any of their plans for the upcoming 2019 season, rumours are going around that AR3.5 star Kenan Ardaoglu is on the top of their shortlist for the 2019 season.

Despite the interest of other stronger squads, a slower start for Ardaoglu would help to climatise himself with the world of ARWS, and to find a path to sucess.

Miguel Rocha has refused to make any comments about the subject.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Thomas Wren looking to ARWS for 2019
British driver Thomas Wren hopes to progress to ARWS for the 2019 season. The 24 year old spent the last 2 seasons driving in the Australian F5000 series and is one of the main championship contenders this season. However with the category expected to end this year and having already tested for Fusion and Mecha during the season he hopes to make a move to the series next season "After testing these cars i hope to race them next season hopefully we can make a deal with a team".
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

(With permission from dr-baker)
Rejectsport wrote:Martin Mcfry to join Blokkmonsta for 2019 ARWS Season

Blokkmonsta announced today that it has signed Martin Mcfry for the 2019 season of Auto Rejects World Series (ARWS). Mcfry has been without a drive in ARWS this year after Nurminen Grand Prix dropped him for Danny van Rijkens after the Austrian Grand Prix.

"We have the utmost confidence in Mcfry," spoke Blokkmonsta Team Owner Andrea Schnass. "Blokkmonsta has plans to move up the grid next year and we know that Mcfry and Lamberigts will help us carve us a place up the field."

Signing Mcfry completes Blokkmonsta's driver roster for ARWS in 2019. Schnass declined to comment on any further plans for the team's 2019 season.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Autosport wrote:Torrente defects to F1 for 2019

Current Jones ARWS driver Diego Alverez Torrente has today been announced as Precision Motorsport's latest recruit for next season. The deal, reported to be worth upwards of $10 million over two years, sees the Spaniard move into Formula One after two years at Jones Racing and a winning F2RWRS title run in 2016.

Precision team owner Jeroen Krautmeir was highly complimentary of Torrente's talents at a media conference today at the team's Stuttgart workshop.

"Diego is someone we've had our eye on for a while now, and we're delighted to have him in our team next year," stated Jeroen to the waiting media. "The kid has shown remarkable consistency and level-headed in his driving over his career to complement his natural speed, and that is something we value highly in the team. We look forward to his input in the coming years and hope this is the beginning of a long-term relationship."

While Jeroen was not drawn into discussions about the other season, it's expected that incumbent driver Jules Bianchi will be retained on a new contract with the team.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:(With permission from dr-baker)
Rejectsport wrote:Martin Mcfry to join Blokkmonsta for 2019 ARWS Season

Confirming this.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Nick Nurmester is looking for a ARWS seat for 2019. Ideally from a team with points-scoring capabilities.
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Falik Arrows Press Release wrote:Thomas Wren signs for a season in Auto Rejects 3.5 with championship winning Falik Arrows team.

Falik Arrows Racing have signed current F5000 leader as a driver for the Falik Arrows Auto Reject 3.5 team.for the 2019 season. With highly rated Kenan Ardaoglu looking likely to move to ARWS, the team have been quick to sign the F5000 leader who has shown some excellent driving in the series . No decision has been made about his team mate, although Korean driver Hwok Kwol-Cho is in talks with the team.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

La Gazzetta Dello Sport wrote:ARWS Automercato 19: Where will everyone land when the music stops?

As we reach the business end of the season, deals are often wrapped up just before the championships are decided, and we get a clearer picture of who will be driving where in the coming year. With some assistance from former Scuderia Alitalia COO Antonio Della Valle, we run through who may end up where come 2019.

Key: Confirmed / Rookie / Confirmed rookie

Victrix-Infiniti
Terry Hawkin / Tomo Kazama
The team currently known as Fusion has secured its stand-out driver from this year, Terry Hawkin, to lead the team into next season. Former junior prodigy Tomo Kazama gets her second, or third, or fourth second chance in ARWS (it's hard to keep count).
Antonio Della Valle: "It was crucial for them to retain Hawkin, so securing that renewal is a big win for them. Doing it now rather than waiting for him to win the championship and see his stock rise even further was wise. Kazama is a huge gamble on the other hand - she has a short temper, lacks focus, and has generally lost the plot with the pressure of being a driver in the highest echelon of the sport. I think this will be a one-man team next year."

Melrose Racing Team BMW
Alberto Cara / Dave Cassidy
Alberto Cara's breakout season has already won him a renewal for next season, having comfortably been a match for his far more experienced team-mate Phillippe Nicolas. The Frenchman was supposed to spearhead the team's title efforts, but has instead folded under pressure, ending up in front of the stewards having to explain himself on numerous occasions. They are courting current Precision F1 driver Dave Cassidy aggressively at present, the American driver having appeared in the ARWS paddock in Norway.
ADV: "Cara has surprised me. He was utterly useless in the junior categories regarding racecraft. He was stupidly fast in qualifying, then just plain stupid in the races. He has turned himself around and earned that renewal fair and square. As for the other seat, they want to get rid of Nicolas, but won't if a better alternative is not forthcoming. Dave Cassidy is a fast driver but has been erratic of late, I think he will find himself locked out of the top F1 seats next year, and a change of scenery might refocus his mind and see him back to his best."

DScity Voeckler Renault
Dan Greenlaw / Phillippe Nicolas
Voeckler have not made any announcements regarding their lineup so far, but look almost certain to retain their rookie driver Dan Greenlaw, having easily measured up to his reigning world champion team-mate Thomas De Bock. The latter has been nothing short of a disaster, a myriad of mistakes ruining his title defence and ultimately costing him his drive with the team for next year. Voeckler have always valued experience in their line-up, and with a desire to keep Renault happy with a Francophone driver, they will likely turn to MRT outcast Nicolas to partner Greenlaw.
ADV: "Greenlaw has been overshadowed by Hawkin, despite beating him in the feeder series last year, but it's not really his fault. The car has not been as good as previous years, both in terms of outright performance and also, crucially, reliability. De Bock on the other hand has made too many stupid mistakes for a driver of his standing. If I were in their position, I'd have gone for another driver from the next generation, one which looks more talented than the last, and so I feel Nicolas, while the likely choice, is also a poor choice. I think he'll be a stop-gap until Aimée Gauthier has accrued more experience in junior formulae and gets promoted to ARWS."

Kjellerup by Écurie Prenois
Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen / Mark Dagnall
The standout team of the year; no debutant in the sport has been so successful straight out of the blocks. This is mostly thanks to their mid-season signing Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen, who has racked up two race wins since arriving from Gauthier. Having penned a renewal during the Belgian GP weekend, he is the second confirmed driver for the Danish-French team, along with Mark Dagnall, who has acrimoniously defected from the Jones team.
ADV: "In theory I understand their approach, but this has the potential to go badly wrong. They have made an excellent signing in Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen - he has been the only driver to have the measure of Hawkin this year. If this car-driver combination had been in place for all of 2018, suddenly Hawkin wouldn't be strolling to the title. What worries me is Dagnall - he is falling to pieces mentally, and is a bit of a diva. He is a potentially destabilising force within the team - he will demand extra attention, and won't deserve a minute of it. He has been completely out of control for three years now, and hopefully the young lad van Nieuwenhuijzen makes Dagnall look completely irrelevant."

National Jones Ford Team
Alexey Buyvolov / Nathanael Cameron
Jones have suffered both their current drivers abandoning them for pastures new - Dagnall for newcomers Kjellerup, and Torrente defecting to Formula 1 with Precision. Having been at the forefront of the series in terms of competitiveness for the past few seasons, Jones suddenly find themselves struggling to keep up with the pace, and with it will struggle to attract top drivers. Team principal Sammy Jones is notoriously bullish, and so time wasted chasing big name drivers who have no interest in the rapidly declining British team will leave them short on options as the season comes to a close. They have shown interest in Alexey Buyvolov in the past, and with Simpson reputedly looking to offload one of their current duo, appears to be on the market. They will look to nab a front-runner in the feeder categories to partner him, with Nat Cameron looking the most likely choice.
ADV: "Ah yes, Jones. They're a stubborn lot. Sammy thinks his team is the best on the grid come rain or shine, and right now it's pouring outside. He had his head in the sand regarding Dagnall, refusing to believe his driver would leave the team and thus not preparing adequately. Just look at how bad the fall out between team and driver has been. The atmosphere is poisonous at present, and other drivers will have taken notice. They essentially get 'second round' picks, as it were, and end up with drivers a fair bit down on their list."

Simpson Motorsports
Jean-Luc Schiller / Gary Pacer
Simpson have gone from laughable backmarkers to respectable midfielders over the last few years, but seem to have stalled in their upward trajectory, unsure of how to progress further. The acquisition of Alexey Buyvolov was supposed to propel them up the field further still, but hasn't panned out and may see him depart. Simpson, much like other teams, are desperate for young talent and their fresh, crisp money. With Ardaoglu's management playing hardball with the entire grid, and Cameron gravitating towards Jones, that leaves the Aussie team to focus their attention on Gary Pacer, who looks likely to be runner up in 3.5 this year.
ADV: "They've come a long way from the days of Saeed Al Faisal being their team leader. Every team is desperate for cash up front, and the bonus money they get from signing top rookies means teams are now more than ever turning to the cream of the junior crop. Pacer has potential, but let's be frank, Simpson's main interest is in his cash. Schiller also has a dependable stream of income and has generally performed more consistently than Buyvolov, even if the Russian driver has better ultimate pace."

Venturi Formula
Andrej Kremnicky / Nick Nurmester
Based on their year so far, Venturi promise to be a yo-yo team of sorts. Their performance has been all over the place this season - rapid one week, nowhere the next. It's hard to tell going into any given weekend whether they'll be fighting to be on the podium, or barely avoiding a dreaded DNQ. Alessandro Lucarelli has shown what the team is capable of, with a third place at the Norisring, but the Italian is notoriously fussy, and will likely up sticks and leave for a team that shows a little more long-term potential and stability. Katayama meanwhile looks past it, having been overshadowed by Albertini before the Monegasque driver was cut in favour of Lucarelli, and again failing to measure up against the Italian. They are said to be fans of former Revolution frontman Andrej Kremnicky, and will replace Katayama with him as soon as the Japanese driver's contract allows. Kjellerup refugee Nick Nurmester will come in to replace Lucarelli and his lost income stream.
ADV: "Venturi had potential, but failure to deliver on it more often that not will hurt their long term health. I don't think they have the money or resources to build a good car on their own - remember their chassis this year is basically a rehashed Scuderia Alitalia design from three seasons ago! Kremnicky bottled his MRT audition and so will struggle to fiind a better seat than Venturi, while Nurmester appears to be there or there abouts on the same level as Lucarelli, thus offering a decent like-for-like replacement."

Kamaha Revolution Motorsports
Akira Yamamura / Kenan Ardaoglu
Having merged with Revolution mid-season, when the team ran out of money and folded, Kamaha suddenly found themselves with a technical package superior to their own, despite being financially far more healthy than their compatriots. They have turned their season around from disaster to potentially very good, and with Yamamura, have finally found a driver capable of unlocking the potential of the car at their disposal. Melville looked rapid in the first couple of outings the team had with their inherited Revo equipment, but has vanished into obscurity since Yamamura's arrival. He will likely be replaced by 3.5 champion elect Kenan Ardaoglu, whose management has close ties with the Kamaha team.
ADV: "Barii Mori is a short-sighted moron, and the stroke of genius of signing Yamamura was a complete accident on his part. Having been in the paddock and talked to several insiders about his future right after the Tassie furore, Mori had reservations about signing Akira! As long as the car is up to it, Yamamura can deliver. He has put the whole Tassie disaster behind him in emphatic style with the podium at Spa, and with Ardaoglu likely joining the team next year, this is potentially one of Kamaha's best lineups ever. Now watch as Mori undoes all his good work here with some stupid decisions."

BASF Nurminen Grand Prix
Marko Jantscher / Tommi Hämäläinen
While both drivers have qualified well at Nurminen, neither have done particularly well on raceday. Jantscher scored the team's only points in the season opener, and the team has gone backwards since, but of the three drivers to pilot the Finnish cars this year, Jantscher has been the handiest. He is all but confirmed to remain where he is for next season. The other car is less certain, with Martin McFry already having been released, and his replacement Danny van Rijkens not offering much better since arriving. They may be tempted to take a gamble on a rookie, and Tommi Hämäläinen's position in the 3.5 feeder series will bring the team some much needed bonus cash.
ADV: "A boring team with a boring driver to lead them. Jantscher is a robot, and so he lacks ambition and drive. He has the CV of a driver who should be aiming for a seat with a top team, yet is happy to commit with a team that represents a career dead-end. He has enough talent to get them a good result every once in a while though, so the second seat needs to be a cash cow that allows them to develop the car. They'd probably have stuck with Van Rijkens, if Hämäläinen didn't come with even more cash than the former's Sasol backing."

Union Saver Developments
Naoki Shinjo / Fredo Mestolio
A renewal for Shinjo is a mere formality, having been the team's shining light in what has been a disappointing year overall. Having originally hired Jari Kekkonen for his experience, his hiring was a complete disaster, and while Marco Bizzarri brings much needed cash, he has struggled to match Shinjo. They will still need cash influx to fund improvements to their car, but with plenty of decent pay-drivers around, they can afford to be a little more ambitious. Fredo Mestolio has cycled through all the top teams in the sport now, and will have to lower his ambitions going forward, and represents a perfect driver for USD's requirements.
ADV: "Shinjo has surprised me a bit. I expected him to be sacked before the half-way point, and I guess he was helped out a bit by Kekkonen being utterly dreadful. He has done really well on occasion, and just needs to find some consistency with unlocking those types of performances. Mestolio is no world beater, but for a team of USD's stature, and the budget he brings with him, it would be a good hire for USD, certainly an improvement on Bizzarri."

Peak Aeroracing Enginering
Daniel Martins / Gregor Pascal
From championship protagonists to backmarkers. It has been a tumultuous 12 months for PAE since the New Zealand-led takeover. Their entire line-up is different now than at the start of the year, and further changes are likely going into next season. Daniel Martins has been the only driver to offer PAE a shred of hope of securing a decent result, with two unscheduled stops the only thing stopping him from securing a miraculous point at Spa-Francorchamps. The other trio of drivers - Jiménez, Watkinson and Shioya, have failed to do anything of note, and all three are unlikely to reappear in ARWS at all, never mind with PAE. Martins has no money however, and they will likely turn to Gregor Pascal and his bottomless Swiss bank account to fund the team's day-to-day running next year.
ADV: "A once great team turned to rubble. PAE have no future, and this will be reflected in their line-up. A washed-up has-been leading the team, with a blank cheque driving the other car. Pascal really has no worth other than his bank account - as soon as it's empty, he'll vanish from the grid. But for as long as crap teams with no finance exist, and his bank balance is healthy, Pascal will always have a drive."

RUF Blokkmonsta Grand Prix Team
Wouter Lamberigts / Martin McFry
Blokkmonsta were the first team to confirm it's full line-up for 2019, having renewed the contract of it's Belgian rookie Wouter Lamberigts, and pairing him with the recently sacked Nurminen driver Martin McFry. They are both known as qualifying specialists, but leave much to be desired when the lights go out on Sunday.
ADV: "I see what they're trying to achieve with this line-up, but it won't do them much good in the long term. They seem so focused on simply qualifying for races, they haven't mapped out their strategic goals effectively. Quali specialists are supposed to be a means to and end, but I don't see what Blokkmonsta's gameplan beyond simply being on the grid come Sunday is. McFry will probably cost them more in repair bills than he earns them in sponsorship. I don't know what happened to him - back when we ran him for a single race in 2016, he looked a talented lad, but it's all gone wrong for him since then."

Team Mecha Racing
Jesús Plaza / Hansuke Shioya
The Indonesian team have bigger problems than who is driving - they need to build a car that can actually finish a race distance first. Jesús Plaza has become their go-to leader, who will enter his third season with the team. The other seat has been a merry go-round of obscure pay-drivers, and with their completely unpredictable choices in years past, it's hard to predict who might end up partnering the ever present Plaza. Our best guess is Hansuke Shioya - Mecha's management tends to favour Japanese drivers, and Shioya is at least a recognisable name in the sport, if not a particularly capable one. They are also a notoriously thrifty team - scraping by on next to no money, and yet always avoiding resorting to pay-drivers.
ADV: "Not much to say here. Plaza is decent enough, but the team has no money and no ambition, so it doesn't really matter who drives. Bean was useless, and Shioya would be a step-up, but again, it makes little difference. They will still fail to do anything meaningful next year."

Gillet Ecurie Nationale Belge
Thomas De Bock / Aurelien Moll
Gillet are quickly becoming nothing more than a museum piece - a fascinating mummified specimen from an era long past us. Yet this throwback to yesteryear is somehow still running, despite managing to be worse than the perpetually terrible Mecha team. Speaking of throwbacks, De Bock is losing his mind, and is quickly becoming so much of a liability, the only team that would have him back are his old pals at Gillet. Walsh has looked faster than Moll on the few occasions they've had to drive in anger, but has been far more error prone. Not a surprise given the duo's relative levels of experience, but you just know they'll be nationalistic to a fault and retain Moll over the more promising Walsh.
ADV: "Dignes enfants de la Belgique qu’un beau délire a soulevé, À votre élan patriotique de grand défaillances sont réservés! Gillet are making the case for a Belgian branch of Dignitas to open. Someone needs to put them out of their misery, given they have no idea when to quit."

Rob Lomas Racing
Quentin Reatherson / Miko Fäkkinen
RLR are another team struggling to make ends meet. They will need at least one pay-driver, and it'll need to be one that doesn't care they've no chance of success while there. This means the likes of Lucarelli, Nurmester and Van Rijkens are out of the question, and instead will have to make do with renewing Miko Fäkkinen's deal. RLR will probably want to at least look semi-ambitious, and pick up Quentin Reatherson, who is at least semi-talented, if not a star in the making.
ADV: "RLR seem to draw their drivers out of a hat. It's hard to tell what they'll do in any given year. Kekkonen is the worst driver in ARWS today - he's as bad as the worst pay-driver, but doesn't have any sponsors. They'd do well to pick up Reatherson off Kingfisher, who might at least be able to capitalise on one of those crazy days we sometimes get in ARWS."

Kingfisher Racing
David Neuberg / Danny van Rijkens
Kingfisher have spent 2018 in financial crisis management mode, using the dirt cheap and gutless Great Wall engines to keep the company ticking over. They have so little money, they can't afford to replace their three year old car, whether they stay with Great Wall or not. They need a cash injection in a hurry, and so two pay drivers are the only way to go. There's a chance that having both Neuberg and van Rijkens would allow them to get a brand new design up and running mid-way through 2019, coupled to a cheap but not completely awful engine like a Holden or Gillet.
ADV: "David Neuberg is the ultimate example of loyalty in racing. No matter how dire the situation gets at Kingfisher, he sticks with them through thick and thin. They can't afford to keep Reatherson - he doesn't bring any money, which they are in desperate need of. I think despite their troubles, Van Rijkens would be more partial to Kingfisher than the other back of the grid options open to him."

Lotto Racing
Alessandro Lucarelli / Jordan Davies
Lotto are the only new team coming in to ARWS next season, despite several folding during the course of this season. They have shelled out for a technical partnership with championship protagonists Fusion, and will need money to help pay the bills. The fact they're using what is essentially a Fusion car will help them attract decent enough drivers, so Alessandro Lucarelli, currently looking to be one of the best pay-drivers on the grid, will be tempted in. They'll probably fancy a talented youngster who would bring some extra cash on top as well - Nathanael Cameron, who is a driver well connected to Fusion has been repeatedly linked with them, but with a Jones drive in the offing, will probably pass and lead the Belgian team to his compatriot Jordan Davies instead.
ADV: "A complete unknown as new boys to the grid. What they will need to start with is money, and so Lucarelli, who has proven he can bring in results when the car is up to it, is a good enough starting point for them. The question then becomes whether to bring in another pay-driver to pay for a rapid development plan, or try and gamble a little on a promising youngster. The bonus money might be enough to convince them to go with one of the trio of Pacer, Cameron or Davies, and of that trio I think they'll probably end up with Davies, given the status of the teams looking at the other two."

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Biscione wrote:
La Gazzetta Dello Sport wrote:Kingfisher Racing
David Neuberg / Danny van Rijkens
Kingfisher have spent 2018 in financial crisis management mode, using the dirt cheap and gutless Great Wall engines to keep the company ticking over. They have so little money, they can't afford to replace their three year old car, whether they stay with Great Wall or not. They need a cash injection in a hurry, and so two pay drivers are the only way to go. There's a chance that having both Neuberg and van Rijkens would allow them to get a brand new design up and running mid-way through 2019, coupled to a cheap but not completely awful engine like a Holden or Gillet.
ADV: "David Neuberg is the ultimate example of loyalty in racing. No matter how dire the situation gets at Kingfisher, he sticks with them through thick and thin. They can't afford to keep Reatherson - he doesn't bring any money, which they are in desperate need of. I think despite their troubles, Van Rijkens would be more partial to Kingfisher than the other back of the grid options open to him."

Kingfisher built a new chassis to copy the Fusion strategy, I believe aerond just never got round to putting it on the wiki...
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

RejectSport wrote
USD confirms Shinjo for ARWS 2019

A mere formality after a stunning drive at Spa-Francorchamps, Karl Lichter Shultz, owner of Union Saver Developments confirmed in public that USD lead driver and rookie sensation, Naoki Shinjo, will continue with the Austrian squad for 2019 campaign. "Union Saver Developments is proud of Naoki Shinjo, since his begginings in lower formulae, and we will continue pushing ahead his career in ARWS, alongside our capable technical staff."
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Autosport wrote:Jones snare Cameron for 2019 drive

Another piece of the ARWS driver puzzle fell into place today, as the National Jones Ford Team confirmed that Nathanael Cameron will drive one of its cars in the 2019 season.

The AR3.5 frontrunner is in a prime position to seal this year's championship, and Sammy Jones was delighted to be able to secure the services of another up and coming talent, in light of his current driver Diego Alvarez Torrente moving to F1.

"Cameron is a sensational prospect" enthused Jones "I'm gutted that Torrente is moving on, I really am. He's done ever so well, and had the right attitude from the start. This year he's been let down by unreliability and I'll be doing everything in my power to make sure Nate isn't hobbled in the same way next year. We have plans in place to get him up to speed in the car so there's no danger of him being out of his depth when the season gets underway."

Jones also offered further opinion on the news that Mark Dagnall will be joining Kjellerup in 2019.

"It's no secret I'm disappointed, I rate Mark very highly. He's an outstanding driver with a very impressive record in the series, and Kjellerup have rightly been persuaded by that. He's at the wrong end of his career though. He's 27 next year and the momentum just isn't with him. We had a great 2017 but there were just too many errors, and that's only been exacerbated this year. Nate is just one of a whole bunch of exciting British kids coming through eager to take Dagnall's place at the top, there's Hawkin, Jordan Davies, Thomas Butler, and we have Stan Frankham in F3 too. If Mark isn't careful, he's going to be out in the cold very soon. He cannot afford more under-par seasons like this one."
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

raceymcraceface.com wrote:Mark The Car park the car

The Markus family's "Mark The Car" organisation have officially called in the liquidators, and their assets will go to auction in the coming weeks.

After auditors had been called in to monitor the team's finances last year, Giuseppe Markus attempted to fake his own death in a testing crash. It later emerged that "Mark The Car" had amassed debts of over $2.5m with unpaid tax. The team were issued with a winding-up order, and no solution was found to the team's woes.

Assets to be sold include race-day equipment and a selection of Pacific PR01 parts, as well as Tent, an LGBT venue in Soho, London.
LolLola

Post by LolLola »

motorsport.com wrote:Relatives of Markus Family Sues raceymcraceface.com for Insulting Hoax News

Members of the remaining Australia's racing Markus family, Giselle, Johann, and Wade has sued raceymcraceface.com for a hoax news that GIuseppe Markus had not died and several other insults towards the closed Mark the Car company after their death from an airplane crash in the Indian Ocean.

Aboard the plane was Quinn and Giuseppe Markus, James, Stephen Generic, Ronald, David Tenpecost, young drivers from thesantipa Union, Petrus Handoyo, three cabin crews aswell the pilot and co-pilot riding along Fokker 100 rented from Network Aviation. They were supposed to travel from Perth to Bangkok for a trip and track day on Buriram track. WIth the exception thesantipa member Rui Onorio who didn't take part due to his injury.

Together Giselle, Johann, and Wade sued raceymcraceface.com for an undisclosed amount and a request to ban the news writer and the editor-in-chief for undisclosed amount of time, believed to be 3 years.

Update: Now relatives of Generic, Tenpecost, Handoyo, and Rui Onorio takes part in the suing raceymcraceface.com.

Australian Transport Safety Bureau wrote:Crash of Mark the Car Plane Due to Fatigue Metal and Thunderstorm
It was found that the NA610 crashed due to fatigue metal deep inside the joint of the right wing and the fuselage and a thunderstorm on their way to Bangkok above Indian Ocean, south of Indonesia. The fatigue are found deep in the alumunium which makes it hard to found. Currently we are trying to figure why the fatigue were hidden from maintainance workers.

So I have to break cover earlier than expected.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

gq-magazine.co.uk wrote:Formula Fashion: Couteau dresses to impress

Jacques Couteau is a busy man. Not content with running a number of highly successful racing teams, Monsieur Couteau has also brought a number of successful toiletries to the market under his "Couteau Première" brand, and his expanded his business efforts further. Consulting a number of up-and-coming fashion designers, Jacques has announced his own "Black Label" collection, offering "casual business attire".

"I am proud to make my first steps into the fashion industry" said Jacques. "I have been looking to bring my own touch to the fashion world, and now that I have secured the futures of all Astro's racing concerns I have been able to do so. Some of the people I have worked with on my Black Label collection are young but are great visionaries and bring amazingly fresh ideas to the table."

His products will be available in Banana Republic in time for the Autumn season.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Ataxia wrote:[Couteau Press Release]

This is silly season, not shilly season!
And no, I will not be buying any BRM calendars or Kenneth McAlpine figures either, thank you very much!

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Biscione wrote:

And no, I will not be buying any BRM calendars or Kenneth McAlpine figures either, thank you very much!

But the BRM calendars come with a free extra month! The printers thought Augcember was a real month...
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Biscione wrote:

Silly biscione, every season is shilly season
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

As you might guess from the posts in the ARWS thread, Nick Nurmester is on the open market and listening to offers from any and all ARWS teams. He scored 20 points and two podiums last year, and brings in some juicy pay-driver credits on the side as well.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

In case any of you are still looking for a driver in ARWS, F1 or IndyCar, 2017 F1RWRS Champion Thomas de Bock is currently a free agent and looking for a top drive in any of the three series. De Bock is especially recognised for his blistering race pace and ability to consistently place well, as demonstrated by the fact he last finished an F1RWRS race outside the points in 2015.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

RejectSport wrote:Pascal to drive for Aeroracing in 2019

Swiss driver Gregor Pascal will drive for the Peak Aeroracing Engineering ARWS team in 2019. The one year deal was announced by Pascal's management team after weeks of speculation about his future in the sport, and comes as a relief to the PAE squad after a tumultuous 12 months. Amid the constant rumours of major sponsor KPMG missing payments to the squad, Pascal's Adecco backing would provide a much-needed boost to the team's budget.

"It's good to know that I'll be back next year", said a relieved Pascal. "Aeroracing have a great heritage in the ARWS, and while they have gone though some difficult times, I aim to help the team rebuild to their former glory next year."

With Pascal taking one of the seats next year, it remains to be seen who will partner him at the British squad. While Peak management have been complimentary of incumbent driver Daniel Martins' performance in the second half of the year, it's highly unlikely he would be able to bring the budget required to continue into 2019.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

Jean-Vincent Albertini is looking for a place within an AWRS, F1 or Indy team next season. He is happy to accept reserve status with the right team.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Jorge Alvarez Torrente is looking for a development role with an ARWS team, ideally including a few driver development test outings. This will be in addition to his Nebula AR3.5 duties.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Pinkd56 wrote:Jean-Vincent Albertini is looking for a place within an AWRS, F1 or Indy team next season. He is happy to accept reserve status with the right team.

MRT would like to sign Albertini as reserve driver for 2019. We're happy for him to race in other categories elsewhere, as long as they don't collide with any potential MRT races as the need arises.
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

Wizzie wrote:
Pinkd56 wrote:Jean-Vincent Albertini is looking for a place within an AWRS, F1 or Indy team next season. He is happy to accept reserve status with the right team.

MRT would like to sign Albertini as reserve driver for 2019. We're happy for him to race in other categories elsewhere, as long as they don't collide with any potential MRT races as the need arises.

Albertini accepts the deal.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Ataxia wrote:Jorge Alvarez Torrente is looking for a development role with an ARWS team, ideally including a few driver development test outings. This will be in addition to his Nebula AR3.5 duties.

Peak Aeroracing would be happy to have Jorge back with us if you wish

Also:

ARWSInfo wrote:Daniel Martins re-signs with Peak Aeroracing
Today at Peak Aeroracing headquarters in Coventry, team owners Edward Summers and Philip Neumann announced that Daniel Martins' contract has been extended for a further year.

The announcement comes off the back of a mixed year for the PAE squad, with a string of failures to escape Pre-Qualifying and a few driver changes occurring throughout the year. However, Martins did get a brilliant third place in the attrition-filled South African race and has proven to be a consistent qualifier when the team gets the set-up right.

Technical director Neumann had this to say about Martins:
"Daniel has simply been a revelation for us. We weren't expecting much from him because of all the changes that are happening in this team, but he has consistently punched above his weight in races. Really it was the car that let us down this year. Regardless, to have Daniel back for 2018 will help our consistency going forward".

Neumann also commented that the team is working on improving their race package and will be conducting a number of test sessions during the break in preparation for the new season.

Martins will be joined by new recruit Gregor Pascal, who brings his qualifying experience and Adecco backing to the outfit. This leaves Hansuke Shioya without a drive for next year, and it remains to be seen where he will pop up in the ARWS field.
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?