2015 Brazilian Grand Prix Discussion Thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Londoner

2015 Brazilian Grand Prix Discussion Thread

Post by Londoner »

Another Grand Prix, another worryingly predictable drama for Team Enstone. AMuS are reporting that they've been locked out of their pit garage and hospitality units again, due to unpaid bills.

Other than that, the weather's looking positively evil for qualifying on Saturday...
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
AustralianStig

Re: 2015 Brazilian Grand Prix Discussion Thread

Post by AustralianStig »

Lewis Hamilton apparently is pretty unwell, but expects to race. Pity, it'd be great to see a reserve driver given a chance of victory in their first race!
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

AustralianStig wrote:Lewis Hamilton apparently is pretty unwell, but expects to race. Pity, it'd be great to see a reserve driver given a chance of victory in their first race!

Pascal Wehrlein for the win, folks! :P

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

HAMILTONWINSLOL... and then he throws up on the podium, right in the face of Nelson Piquet Sr. who will conduct the podium interviews.

Calling it now.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

If weather.com's forecast are correct, sunday would see no rain. Scattered thunderstorms and isolated thunderstorms means it won't rain...... I use "Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace forecast" to be more specific on the results
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Nuppiz wrote:HAMILTONWINSLOL... and then he throws up on the podium, right in the face of Nelson Piquet Sr. who will conduct the podium interviews.

Calling it now.

Nah mate, Nelson Piquet Jr. should do the podium interviews, to thunderous applause :deletraz:
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

Rob Dylan wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:HAMILTONWINSLOL... and then he throws up on the podium, right in the face of Nelson Piquet Sr. who will conduct the podium interviews.

Calling it now.

Nah mate, Nelson Piquet Jr. should do the podium interviews, to thunderous applause :deletraz:

Hopefully Rubens Barrichello does the interviews while Felipe Massa cracks jokes about his 3rd place finish.
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

I'm interested in Raikkonen and Bottas' little feud that's been brewing nicely the last few races :D I want to see a Piquet-style martial-arts kicking after they collide during this weekend's race (they will).
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Remember that iconic picture of Senna sat on the track behind his Lotus Renault which had broken down during testing?

Well...

I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Meanwhile, Ricciardo has a 10 place grid penalty for an engine change.. And claims the Renault power unit is still low on power.

And Bottas has a 3 place grid penalty for ignoring red flags after the McLelren stopped working on FP2.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Oh, Honda... :facepalm:
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Nasr got a three-place grid penalty and two penalty points for impeding Massa.
#FreeGonzo
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

Simtek wrote:Nasr got a three-place grid penalty and two penalty points for impeding Massa.

Thought he was a bit unlucky there - if he was winding up for a fast lap.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Simtek wrote:Nasr got a three-place grid penalty and two penalty points for impeding Massa.

And it was his best qualifying since Austria, 10 races ago!
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

AndreaModa wrote:Remember that iconic picture of Senna sat on the track behind his Lotus Renault which had broken down during testing?

Well...

And then he went and upped the ante...
Just For One Day...
Fetzie

Post by Fetzie »

At one point he was lying back with his feet resting on his helmet.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

I'd laugh if Alonso gets more time sitting on various seats around the circuit than time in the car. If just for the hilarity of these pictures.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

I see our IRC channel has a number of Alonso meme pictures where his laid back pose has been photoshopped in a variety of situations. Since I was AFK for most of the evening could someone give me a full recap of them? If you feel like this thread is inappropriate, post them here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5047
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Nuppiz wrote:I see our IRC channel has a number of Alonso meme pictures where his laid back pose has been photoshopped in a variety of situations. Since I was AFK for most of the evening could someone give me a full recap of them? If you feel like this thread is inappropriate, post them here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5047

Damn, the one day this week (well, yesterday too) I wasn't in the chatroom...
#FreeGonzo
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

CoopsII wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:Remember that iconic picture of Senna sat on the track behind his Lotus Renault which had broken down during testing?

Well...

And then he went and upped the ante...

#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Nuppiz wrote:I see our IRC channel has a number of Alonso meme pictures where his laid back pose has been photoshopped in a variety of situations. Since I was AFK for most of the evening could someone give me a full recap of them? If you feel like this thread is inappropriate, post them here: http://gprejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5047

https://twitter.com/hashtag/PlacesAlonsoWouldRatherBe

You're welcome ;)
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Nuppiz wrote:I see our IRC channel has a number of Alonso meme pictures where his laid back pose has been photoshopped in a variety of situations. Since I was AFK for most of the evening could someone give me a full recap of them? If you feel like this thread is inappropriate, post them here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5047

Or, now with the full collection.. http://wtf1.co.uk/placesalonsowouldratherbe/

WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Miguel98 wrote:

Or, now with the full collection.. http://wtf1.co.uk/placesalonsowouldratherbe/

is there a photo that the internet cannot photoshop.... lol
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

Sadly, I find myself wondering what inventive new way Niko Hulkenburg will find to throw away a good result this week...
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Paul Hayes wrote:Sadly, I find myself wondering what inventive new way Niko Hulkenburg will find to throw away a good result this week...

Alonso and a deckchair will be involved possibly
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Coulthard mistaking Hulkenberg for Sutil when he made his first stop. Sums up Nico's career in my mind!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Verstappen is just fearless. That move on Perez
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

IIDOTR is gonna be hard to decide... everybody's about where I'd expect given the starting grid.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Salamander wrote:IIDOTR is gonna be hard to decide... everybody's about where I'd expect given the starting grid.

Alonso meme :P

Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

Strange remarks on the podium from Hamilton about it being a track where you can't get close enough to race. I don't remember this traditionally being a problem at Interlagos - or indeed, for many drivers today.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Hamilton seemed pretty grumpy during and after the race, but when the other drivers looked a bit more solemn on the podium following the Parisian tragedy, he runs to the front and sprays everyone anyway. Oh dear...
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

And Massa has been excluded from race results.

mario

Post by mario »

Paul Hayes wrote:Strange remarks on the podium from Hamilton about it being a track where you can't get close enough to race. I don't remember this traditionally being a problem at Interlagos - or indeed, for many drivers today.

I half wonder whether he was using that as a way of implicitly criticising the team for not allowing him to adopt a different strategy in order to compete against Rosberg.

As others have noted, with Mercedes being extremely conservative and insisting that both drivers must use the same strategies, we've seen even fewer instances of Rosberg and Hamilton fighting on track. At least, in 2014, the team would sometimes permit the drivers to use their tyres in different phases of the race - however, this year, I don't think we've seen the team give the drivers the choice to do that in any race.
All in all, what we effectively see in the end is a game of "follow the leader" - Hamilton was in a situation where he felt that there was nothing he could do today, given that Rosberg could exploit his position on track, and equally we have seen instances where Rosberg was, quite literally, forced to trail in Hamilton's wake because his hands were equally bound.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

I've uploaded a video of my recording of the race, which was really bland, one of the worse Grand Prix all year. In fact, I'd say this was even worse than Monza..
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

Paul Hayes wrote:Strange remarks on the podium from Hamilton about it being a track where you can't get close enough to race. I don't remember this traditionally being a problem at Interlagos - or indeed, for many drivers today.
Hamilton's whinging knows no bounds - has he got to win everything?
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

It's good to see Rosberg give Hamilton something to think about of a Sunday now it's just a pity he's waited until it's too late to be of any real consequence. Over on the BBC Coulthard referenced some sort of Championship-fatigue that affected Hakkinen back in the day as a reason for Hamilton not quite getting to grips with Rosberg just lately. I guess it's possible but I don't remember it having much of an effect on MSC.
Just For One Day...
James1978

Post by James1978 »

CoopsII wrote:It's good to see Rosberg give Hamilton something to think about of a Sunday now it's just a pity he's waited until it's too late to be of any real consequence. Over on the BBC Coulthard referenced some sort of Championship-fatigue that affected Hakkinen back in the day as a reason for Hamilton not quite getting to grips with Rosberg just lately. I guess it's possible but I don't remember it having much of an effect on MSC.

Actually in 2004 he only won one of the last 5 races after sealing the championship, compared to only missing out on Monaco before sealing it!
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

James1978 wrote:Actually in 2004 he only won one of the last 5 races after sealing the championship, compared to only missing out on Monaco before sealing it!

Same was the case in 2002, if less extreme.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Klon wrote:
James1978 wrote:Actually in 2004 he only won one of the last 5 races after sealing the championship, compared to only missing out on Monaco before sealing it!

Same was the case in 2002, if less extreme.

In that case I take it back. Perhaps we're looking at a Hamilton who's lost a bit of focus and energy with all the guff he has to do post WDC. Rosberg should probably enjoy these days whilst he can.
Just For One Day...