Alt-1956: Post-season auction is over!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.

What should be the tenth race of the 1957 season?

Poll ended at 28 Sep 2016, 23:39

USA (Watkins Glen)
13%
Spain (Pedralbes)
88%

Total votes: 8

Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Alt-1956: Enter Italy & Vote for the 1957 calendar!

Post by Nessafox »

Biscione wrote:
Aislabie wrote:I suppose a desperately in debt H. A. R. T. could sell you all our Vanwall stock for 50 grand. One engine is damaged, hence the 15k discount

Don't forget to enter Scuderia Alzani-Volpani for the Italian GP.

tommykl wrote:
Dexter249 wrote:Guastalla Entries
Due to us not having any cars we will enter with we would like to purchase two Vanwall's for the Italian Grand Prix
The Entries will be
Piero Scotti : ???
Giorgio Becucci : ???

If I may recommend another option:

Guastalla can wait until 1957 to become a full time team, instead entering the Italian Grand Prix as a budget-less privateer. In this case, Halford would only loan its cars to Guastalla for a fixed sum of money. Guastalla would gain some experience without any potential adverse financial effects, and Halford would pick up some money while keeping the cars for next season.

Alternatively, you could be a bit more in keeping with reality and have Guastalla hire something Italian. Ferrari has two 555 combinations available to rent for the Italian GP. As tommykl said, the net cost to you is zero this way. We would send you AAC chassis 11 + 12 & engines 11 + 12 for your two drivers to run with.

Or become a shareholder in our partners Maserati, and earn money from cars not entered by your own team! :D

Besides, Cooper is easy to convince to get into deals they don't really benefit much from themselves, just out of desperation to get as many of their cars on the grid as possible ;)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:If Maserati desires to enter a second car at their home race, they can use one of ours. But i assume the transportation costs might be too high. Likewise, shareholder Brunel can use one of our cars in there as well. (this time without any rent prize or shady options, as Cooper itself will not travel to Italy)
All our drivers are available as well! And they're pretty good, considering we only got one DNQ all year!

We'll take a chassis for Maria's home race. Can't be any worse than what we have at the moment, can it! And we'll attach it to the Porsche engine. If that's our better engine (I can't keep track!).

And our nominations for next year's calendar:

10 - Manx TT
9 - Monza
8 - Silverstone
7 - Monaco
6 - Nurburgring
5 - Indy 500
4 - Reims
3 - Sebring
2 - Watkins Glen
1 - Brands Hatch
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

1. Holyroodhouse Street Circuit (Scottish Grand Prix)
2. Circuit de Monaco (Monaco Grand Prix)
3. Wicklow Circuit (Irish Grand Prix)
4. Anfa Street Circuit (Moroccan Grand Prix)
5. Nürburgring Nordschleife (German Grand Prix)
6. Watkins Glen Circuit (United States Grand Prix)
7. Circuit Park Zandvoort (Dutch Grand Prix)
8. Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (Belgian Grand Prix)
9. Autodromo Nazionale Monza (Italian Grand Prix)
10. Silverstone Circuit (British Grand Prix)
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Yikes, lot to catch up on.

IRC entries for Monza:

Desmond Titterington (Irish Racing Cars) - Lancia D50 chassis 2, Lancia DS50 engine 1
Duncan Hamilton (Irish Racing Cars) - Lancia D50 chassis 4, Lancia DS50 engine 3

Scuderia Centro Sud will return for this, their home race and final appearance of the 1956 season. The entry:

Jean Behra (Scuderia Centro Sud) - O.S.C.A. F156A chassis 1, O.S.C.A. 1500S-56 engine 1
Luigi Musso (Scuderia Centro Sud) - Lancia D50 chassis 1, Lancia DS50 engine 4

Naturally, Centro Sud will pay the cost of repairing the number one Lancia chassis, so that they may use it. The usual £5,000 rental fee also applies.

And I also understand we are voting for a new calendar. Excellent:

1. Wicklow Circuit (Irish Grand Prix)
2. Ain-Diab (Moroccan Grand Prix)
3. Circuit van Zandvoort (Dutch Grand Prix)
4. Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (Belgian Grand Prix)
5. Circuit de Monaco (Monaco Grand Prix)
6. Autodromo Nazionale Monza (Italian Grand Prix)
7. Circuit de Reims (French Grand Prix)
8. Silverstone Circuit (British Grand Prix)
9. Nürburgring Nordschleife (German Grand Prix)
10. Circuito da Boavista (Portuguese Grand Prix)
Last edited by Bobby Doorknobs on 02 Sep 2016, 02:40, edited 3 times in total.
#FreeGonzo
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

We will take the offer from ferrari
FIAT Group, finding loopholes in the FIA rulebook since it's inception.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Dexter249 wrote:We will take the offer from ferrari

Most excellent. 555 chassis 11/12 & engines 11/12 are dispatched to Guastalla immediately.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

dr-baker wrote:
This wrote:If Maserati desires to enter a second car at their home race, they can use one of ours. But i assume the transportation costs might be too high. Likewise, shareholder Brunel can use one of our cars in there as well. (this time without any rent prize or shady options, as Cooper itself will not travel to Italy)
All our drivers are available as well! And they're pretty good, considering we only got one DNQ all year!

We'll take a chassis for Maria's home race. Can't be any worse than what we have at the moment, can it! And we'll attach it to the Porsche engine. If that's our better engine (I can't keep track!).

I recommend you to choose the Climax engine instead. That car was able to qualify at the small grid in England, so it's defenitely a step up from your usual machinery. 'can't be worse' is an understatement, if De Filippis can't get at least get close to qualifying with that car, she's just underperforming :P
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

I recommend you to choose the Climax engine instead. That car was able to qualify at the small grid in England, so it's defenitely a step up from your usual machinery. 'can't be worse' is an understatement, if De Filippis can't get at least get close to qualifying with that car, she's just underperforming :P

If the Climax is being chucked in as part of the deal, then I'm all for that. Gotta give Maria the best chance at her home race, after all. She did take a big gamble being with BRUNEL this year, and it hasn't really paid off for her yet, has it?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Nope, your only good race was Belgium where you used our Maserati-engined car, now you can use a car with a potentially even better engine. The chassis you want to use is up to you though.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:Nope, your only good race was Belgium where you used our Maserati-engined car, now you can use a car with a potentially even better engine. The chassis you want to use is up to you though.

I'll take whatever you're offering...
MCard LOLA
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

For their final appearance of the season, Hampshire Racing Alliance will be fielding an unchanged line-up.

David Hampshire (Hampshire Racing Alliance) - Vanwall VW56 chassis 2, Vanwall 254 engine 5
Roy Salvadori (Hampshire Racing Alliance) - Vanwall VW56 chassis 3, O.S.C.A.1500S-56 engine 2

Calendar-wise, I'll be voting for this set.

1. Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (Belgian GP)
2. Snetterton Circuit (British GP)
3. Autodromo Nazionale Monza (Italian GP)
4. Wicklow Circuit (Irish GP)
5. Circuit de Reims-Gueux (French GP)
6. Nürburgring Nordschleife (West German GP)
7. Circuit Park Zandvoort (Dutch GP)
8. Circuito de Pedralbes (Spanish GP)
9. Circuito di Pescara (Pescara GP)
10. Ain-Diab (Moroccan GP)

Silverstone and Monaco can die in a fire for their shitty tiny grid sizes. :P
Last edited by Londoner on 01 Sep 2016, 10:56, edited 1 time in total.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Bobby Doorknobs

East Londoner wrote:Silverstone and Monaco can die in a fire for their shitty tiny grid sizes. :P

And yet you voted for the much shorter Pau and Brands Hatch (only the Indy circuit existed at this time)? :P
#FreeGonzo
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Simtek wrote:
East Londoner wrote:Silverstone and Monaco can die in a fire for their shitty tiny grid sizes. :P

And yet you voted for the much shorter Pau and Brands Hatch (only the Indy circuit existed at this time)? :P

You didn't see anything. :P
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

Can I be a party pooper and argue that Brands Hatch would probably not be a suitable venue for F1, as the Grand Prix loop wasn't added until mid-1960. I don't think a 2km long circuit would be very good for a championship-status grand prix event. Pau is also pushing the limits a bit in my opinion too.

Also, Tommy, would I be able to vote for the calendar myself even though I'm not participating in this at the moment?
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

TheFlyingCaterham wrote:Also, Tommy, would I be able to vote for the calendar myself even though I'm not participating in this at the moment?

Sure, no problem.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Bobby Doorknobs

TheFlyingCaterham wrote:Can I be a party pooper and argue that Brands Hatch would probably not be a suitable venue for F1, as the Grand Prix loop wasn't added until mid-1960. I don't think a 2km long circuit would be very good for a championship-status grand prix event. Pau is also pushing the limits a bit in my opinion too.

Also, Tommy, would I be able to vote for the calendar myself even though I'm not participating in this at the moment?

Anyone can vote, so long as it isn't Indianapolis ;)

Also, Londoner, you do realise Silverstone is the longest circuit in Great Britain? Snetterton won't improve matters much :P
#FreeGonzo
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

tommykl wrote:
TheFlyingCaterham wrote:Also, Tommy, would I be able to vote for the calendar myself even though I'm not participating in this at the moment?

Sure, no problem.

Alrighty then, here's my vote. It's a bit more safety orientated than you would expect from the 50's, but given the fact there have been a lot more serious accidents in this continuity than in real life, it's a little expected of.

1. Wicklow (Irish GP)
Had a decent race this season, so of course it should return.
2. Monaco (Monaco GP)
For obvious reasons.
3. Monza (Italian GP)
The not-banked version would probably work best in terms of recent events.
4. Opatija (Yugoslavian GP)
To replace the disaster that was Rostock for the annual trip behind the Iron Curtain.
5. Nurburgring (German GP)
As with changing the track slightly for Spa, it might be a good idea to temporarily use the Sudschleife layout until better safety solutions can be made.
6. Spa-Francorchamps (Belgian GP)
Again, for obvious reasons. Might be a good idea to return to the pre-war layout (except with Eau Rouge, of course) in light of this season's many serious accidents.
7. Reims-Gueux (French GP)
Was debating between this and Pau, but considering my complaint about Brands Hatch being too short at this point in time, it might be a bit hypocritical to chooze Pau. So Reims it is. Also rules out Rouen due to van der Lof's crash.
8. Zandvoort (Dutch GP)
Haven't been here lately, have we?
9. Silverstone (British GP)
Gotta make the gentleman drivers happy.
10. Anfa (Moroccan GP)
Seeing as though everyone else is voting for it.
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I don't care where we go, as long as Ain-Diab's on the agenda for '58.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Just to let you know, I've edited my previous post to include the Nassau Oakes Field circuit.

Also, just to reconfirm:

HALFORD AUTO RACING TEAM
Due to financial difficulties, H.A.R.T. will be sitting out the Italian Grand Prix, and hoping to sell at least some of their Vanwall equipment. We wouldn't mind selling all of it, and becoming Halford-Emeryson Auto Racing Team next year...

SCUDERIA ARZANI-VOLPANI
Luigi Piotti --- Chassis: AAC 555 (1) / Engine: AAC 555 (1)
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

As a brief heads-up, I'm sorry but I haven't quite had the time to run the RNGs, as I'm preparing to move back to the UK in a couple of days. To give enough time both to myself to run them and for you to eventually resort to plans B, C, etc., the deadline for entry to the Italian Grand Prix is extended to Monday, September 5th at noon CET. Calendar votes will still close tomorrow, and the secondary vote for the calendar will be held during the intervening three days.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

dr-baker wrote:
This wrote:Nope, your only good race was Belgium where you used our Maserati-engined car, now you can use a car with a potentially even better engine. The chassis you want to use is up to you though.

I'll take whatever you're offering...

Cooper T41 chassis 6, Climax FPF IV engine 3 will be your combination. The same one Parnell drove.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Asso di Fiori will enter Italy with O.S.C.A. F156A chassis 4 and O.S.C.A. 1500S-56 engine 3

Calendar votes:

1. Monaco
2. Spa
3. Monza
4. Wicklow
5. Silverstone
6. Reims
7. Zandvoort
8. Opatija
9. Ain-Diab
10. Bathurst (I can dream right?)
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Officine Alfieri Maserati will enter Lucien Bianchi with its Cooper T41 chassis 2 and a repaired (or new, if needed) 56A engine
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

My calendar votes:

1. Anfa
2. Pedralbes
3. Zandvoort
4. Reims
5. Nürburgring (Nordschleife)
6. Spa
7. Wicklow
8. Silverstone
9. Monza
10. Watkins Glen
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

The voting period for the 1957 calendar is officially over, and here is the final tally:

1. Autodrome Nazionale Monza (Italian Grand Prix) - 95
2. Circuit de Monaco (Monaco Grand Prix) - 81
3. Wicklow Circuit (Irish Grand Prix) - 80
4. Silverstone Circuit (British Grand Prix) - 70
5. Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (Belgian Grand Prix) - 68
6. Nürburgring Nordschleife (German Grand Prix) - 61
7. Circuit de Reims-Gueux (French Grand Prix) - 58
8. Circuit Park Zandvoort (Dutch Grand Prix) - 52

9. Anfa Circuit (Moroccan Grand Prix) - 46
10. Watkins Glen (United States Grand Prix) - 40
11. Circuit de Pedralbes (Spanish Grand Prix) - 39

12. Indianapolis Motor Speedway (Indianapolis 500) - 35
13. Circuit de Pau (Pau Grand Prix) - 20
14. Malecón Street Circuit (Cuban Grand Prix) - 18
15. Holyroodhouse Street Circuit (Scottish Grand Prix) - 18
16. Autódromo Municipal Ciudad de Buenos Aires (Argentine Grand Prix) - 17
17. Circuito di Pescara (Pescara Grand Prix) - 15
18. Rostocker Osthafenkurs (East German Grand Prix) - 13
19. Albert Park (Australian Grand Prix) - 12
20. Masarykuv okruh (Czechoslovakian Grand Prix) - 12
21. Ain-Diab Circuit (Maghreb Grand Prix) - 12
22. Snaefell Mountain Course (Manx Grand Prix) - 10
23. Preluk (Yugoslavian Grand Prix) - 10
24. Circuito do Boavista (Portuguese Grand Prix) - 9
25. Brands Hatch (English Grand Prix) - 9
26. Snetterton (East Anglian Grand Prix) - 9
27. Oulton Park (International Gold Cup) - 8
28. Road America (Wisconsin Grand Prix) - 8
29. Bangkok Street Circuit (Thai Grand Prix) - 7
30. Oakes Field (Bahaman Grand Prix) - 7
31. Nürburgring Betonschleife (West German Grand Prix) - 6
32. Swansea Street Circuit (Welsh Grand Prix) - 6
33. Rabelövsbanan (Swedish Grand Prix) - 6
34. Nürburgring Südschleife (Eifelrennen) - 6
35. Circuito di Bari (Bari Grand Prix) - 5
36. Fliegerhorst Hinterstoisser (Austrian Grand Prix) - 4
37. Aintree Motor Racing Circuit (Merseyside Grand Prix) - 4
38. Sebring International Raceway (Floridan Grand Prix) - 3
39. Goodwood Circuit (Sussex Grand Prix) - 2
40. Autódromo de Interlagos (Brazilian Grand Prix) - 2
41. Mount Panorama Circuit (New South Welsh Grand Prix) - 1

The top 8 circuits have been locked into the calendar. Circuits 9 through 11 (Anfa, Watkins Glen and Pedralbes) will undergo a secondary vote to determine which of them (if any) makes the cut. A poll has been opened to this effect and will run for three days. You are allowed to change your vote at any point during those days, but you may only choose one.

Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

RENT A CONNAUGHT!

My name is Kenneth McAlpine but you can call me Ken. I am the Team Boss for the new Manufacturer team Connaught.

As we will not be participating for the Italian GP we will be launching some special offers to any teams willing to enter but currently dosen't have a car/Engine to rent our cars.

For this race, we will be exclusively offer a discount cost for our cars. Our Cars and engines will include:

Connaught Type B chassis 1
Connaught Type B chassis 2
Climax FPF IV engine 1
Climax FPF IV engine 4
Bentley 16VL-1 engine 6
Bentley 16VL-1 engine 8

Here are some offers that we've got at the moment:

Connaught Type B chassis 1 (or 2) , Climax FPF IV engine 1 (or 4) £3,500 *
Connaught Type B chassis 1 (or 2) , Bentley 16VL-1 engine 6 (or 8) £2,000 *

Estimate, can change depending on agreement

If you have got a privateer team you are willing to start up but don't have a car or an engine to buy, we recommend you this offer. We set up these offers so that we can attempt to climb up the rankings and be better. Also, anyone willing to seek for our offer will give us support as a whole team.

From our humble Team Boss.

Kenneth "Ken" McAlpine

P.S. This offer can apply on other races but i am only intending for this moment in time, for this offer to last for only 1 race.

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I would like to request the rental of G-953 chassis and a ART-004 engine combination from Gordini, on behalf of Ecurie Rosier, running Jean-Louis Rosier.
Believe it or not, this is possible. As the crow flies, Clermont-Ferrand is 482km from Monza!

I also have clearance to rent Hernandez's Cooper T41 chassis again, and I'd like to couple it to the same Climax FPF IV engine used previously by Ecurie Ecosse, for use with the following privateer entry at Monza;

Equipe Anglaise
Base: Frankfurt am Main
Driver: Helm Glöckler

Image Image
Bobby Doorknobs

Biscione wrote:I would like to request the rental of G-953 chassis and a ART-004 engine combination from Gordini, on behalf of Ecurie Rosier, running Jean-Louis Rosier.
Believe it or not, this is possible. As the crow flies, Clermont-Ferrand is 482km from Monza!

Um, I had entered Ecurie Rosier in the French Grand Prix with the intent of it being their last. At the time of Monza, Louis is on his deathbed and I don't see his son racing in a major Grand Prix while his dad is dying - from injuries sustained in a motor race no less. Furthermore (and this is admittedly guesswork), if Racing Sports Cars is anything to go by, Jean-Louis didn't do any racing after 1956, and I can kind of see why that might be the case.
#FreeGonzo
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

As agreed with Rated, Manzon uses the engine of MSG Köthen. If the engine is damaged, OSCA will repair it or provide a replacement in case the damage exceeds 90% of the value.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

B.C.M.A. will submit the same entries for Monza.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Having now approved the use of equipment in question from Normal32, Miguel98, and peteroli34, the following privateer entries will be made;

Equipe Anglaise (FRG)
Base: Frankfurt am Main, West Germany
Driver: Helm Glöckler (FRG)
Chassis: Cooper T41 chassis 1
Engine: Climax FPF IV engine 2

Élie Bayol (FRA)
Base: Marseille, France
Driver: Élie Bayol (FRA)
Chassis: Gordini G-953 chassis 6
Engine: Gordini ART-004 engine 6

Image Image
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

As agreed by Pi and Biscione for the use of equipment Berardo Taraschi will enter the Italian GP

Berardo Taraschi (ITA)
Base: Rome (ITA)
Chassis: OSCA F154 Chassis 5
Engine: AAC 555 Engine 13
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Piero Scotti
1-85: takes the Guastalla drive for Monza.
86-100: continues to occasionally race in sportscars.
82 - Scotti...

Giorgio Becucci
1-85: takes the Guastalla drive for Monza.
86-100: continues to occasionally race in sportscars.
33 - ...and Becucci both will drive for Scuderia Guastalla in Monza.

Helm Glöckler
1-90: drives in Monza for Equipe Anglaise.
91-100: winds down his involvement in the sport towards retirement.
7 - Glöckler will make his F1 début in Monza as well.

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

In the news
October 6th - Dmitri Shostakovitch premiers sixth Iron Quartet

October 6th - Oral polio vaccine discovered by Albert Sabin

October 8th - Don Larsen throws first ever perfect game in World Series

October 10th - Finland joins UNESCO

October 10th - Lockheed L-1649 Starliner makes its first flight

October 12th - Indian Dalit leader D.R. Ambedkar converts to Buddhism

October 14th - Eisenhower: "Suez Crisis is behind us"

October 15th - Royal Air Force retires the Lancaster bomber

October 16th - Elvis Presley releases Love Me Tender

October 17th - Calder Hall nuclear power plant opens

October 17th - 13-year-old Bobby Fischer beats grandmaster Donald Byrne in New York

October 21st - National Front coalition led by Socialist Sulayman al-Nabulsi wins Jordanian general election

October 21st - Julio Lozano Díaz forced to resign by Honduran military junta

October 21st - Wladyslaw Gomulka chosen to replace Edward Ochab as leader of Poland following Poznan protests

October 22nd - David Ben-Gurion rumoured to meet French and British government officials in Sèvres regarding Suez

October 23th - Student protests in Budapest turn to riots as police fires on demonstrators

October 24th - Soviet tanks enter Hungary; Gero and Hegedüs forced to flee, replaced by János Kádár and Imre Nagy with promise of reforms

October 25th - Former Finnish President Risto Ryti dies aged 67

October 25th - Sam Yun appointed as Cambodian premier

October 25th - Eisenhower rally in New York

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Currently winning elsewhere
North Staffs MC National @ Silverstone - Brian Naylor (Formula Libre/S2.7/S1.5) - Bill Frost (S1.25) - Ken Laverton (1172F) - Eric Millard (750F) - Tom Kyffin (Unlimited) - O.W. Thomas (Handicap) - Jeff Sparrowe (Handicap) - Michael Head (Handicap) - Bill Moss (Racing Handicap) - Lionel Mayman Mayman (Production Handicap) - Ian Raby (F3)

Rhydymwyn (British F3) - Richard Colton

SCCA Central Carolina Regionals @ Chester - Mike Marshall (Main/FM) - Bill Browning (CM) - Walt Cline (CP) - Dick Dungan (DP) - George Arents (EM) - Ed Rahal (EP) - John Cuevas (FP) - Clippenger (GM) - Jim Ray (GP) - Clark (HP)

500 MRCI National @ Kirkistown - Marshall Watson (Formula Libre) - Alf Carroll (Open Handicap Heat 2/Final) - Jim Meikle (Open Handicap Heat 1) - J. Black (Triumph & Austin-Healey) - Jim Miekle (F3)

British Grand Prix support races - Stirling Moss (S3.0/Overall) - Desmond Titterington (S+3.0) - Mark Lund (S2.0) - Roy Salvadori (Formula 2) - Jim Russell (Formula 3)

NASCAR Grand National @ Newport - Fireball Roberts

Coupes du Salon @ Montlhéry - Jean Behra (Overall/S+2.0/T/GT2.0) - André Loëns (S2.0) - Christian Goethals (S1.5) - David Piper (S1.1) - Jacques Blaché (S750) - Jacques Péron (T/GT3.5) - A. Loyer (T/GT1.3) - Marcel Picart (T/GT1.0) - Jacques Faucher (T/GT750)

Redex Trophy National @ Snetterton - Noël Cunningham Reid (Overall/S+2.7) - John Horridge (S2.7) - Peter Gammon (S1.5) - Brian Naylor (Handicap S2.5/S1.5) - Don Parker (F3)

SCCA New England Regionals @ Thompson - Walt Hansgen (S+2.0/CM) - Paul Sagan (S2.0/FM) - Harry Carter (CP) - Bill Lloyd (DM) - Art Simmons (DP) - William Wonder (EM) - George Lazarevich (EP) - John Clapp (FP) - Charles Rutan (GM) - Edwin Sprigg (GP) - Dolph Vilardi (HM) - Bob Holbert (UR) - Paul Richards (F3)

SCCA St. Louis Regionals @ Smartt Field - Ed Lunken (S+1.5) - Ed Crawford (S1.5) - Roloson (BM) - Wilbur Straney (CP) - Loyal Katskee (DM) - Robbins (DP) - John Quackenbush (EM) - Campbell (EP) - John Mays (HM) - Burget (Novice)

Coppa Carri @ Monza - Massimo Leto di Priolo

Cape Junior Le Mans @ Killarney - Littleford/Andrews

Lancs & Chesh CC National @ Oulton Park - Bob Berry (Unlimited) - Niall Campbell Blair (S2.0) - Edward Greenall (S1.5) - D. Mallalieu (Racing Handicap) - P. Grant (Handicap S1.0) - Tom Dickson (Handicap) - John Anstice Brown (1172F)

NASCAR Grand National @ Charlotte - Buck Baker

BRSCC National @ Brands Hatch - Archie Scott Brown (Formula 1/Fibreglass bodied Handicap) - Ivor Bueb (Formula 2) - Peter Gammon (S1.2) - Stuart Lewis-Evans (F3)

Gran Premio di Roma @ Castelfusano - Jean Behra (S2.0) - Luigi Musso (S1.5) - Herbert Mackay-Fraser (S1.1) - Giulio Cabianca (S750) - Camillo Luglio (GT+2.0) - Olinto Morolli (GT2.0) - Jo Bonnier (GT1.3) - Poltronieri (GT750) - Vittorio Gianni (T750) - Giovanni Cavallini (TS1.3) - Costantini (TS750)

Danish Formula 3 @ Roskilde - Poul Rasmussen

Danish Formula 3 Championship - Poul Rasmussen

USAC Golden State 100 @ Sacramento - Jud Larson

CSCC West Coast Championship @ Pomona - Mickey Thompson (AM) - Eric Hauser (BM) - Carlyle Blackwell (CM) - Bob Weller (CP) - Bob Drake (DM) - Jim Parkinson (DP) - Ken Miles (EM) - Bob Oker (EP) - Howard Wheeler (FM) - Elliot Forbes-Robertson (FP) - Don Roberts (GM) - James Orr (HM) - Ruth Levy (Ladies/Sedan)

NASCAR Grand National @ Shelby - Buck Baker

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

October 27th 1956, Italian Grand Prix qualifying

In Silverstone, Jack Brabham took advantage of an uncharacteristic mistake from Desmond Titterington to win his third race of the season and take the championship lead, despite a very tough challenge by the very surprising Umberto Maglioli. With two races remaining, he now has a decisive advantage in the title race, with only five other drivers able to take the title away from the defending champion.

The Australian has a five-point lead over Desmond Titterington, eight points over Stirling Moss, 11 over Bira, 14 over Sanesi and 17 over Collins. Brabham can seal the title in Monza like he did last year, but his rivals won't make it easy for him. Speaking of rivals, he'll have 42 of them here, as 43 men and women have arrived in Monza to compete this weekend.

1. Gilberte Thirion (Escuderia Hernandez) - O.S.C.A. F156A chassis 9, Hernandez H/258A engine 1
2. René Bonnet (Automobiles Deutsch & Bonnet) - DB 01 chassis 1, DB 84-1 engine 1
3. André Guelfi (Ecurie Maghreb) - O.S.C.A. F156A chassis 11, O.S.C.A. 156s engine 3
4. Gerino Gerini (Scuderia Adriatica) - Ferrari R560 chassis 1, Ferrari RS560 engine 1
5. Dorino Serafini (Scuderia Adriatica) - Ferrari R560 chassis 8, Ferrari RS560 engine 2
6. Jack Brabham (Alexander Racing Team-Gordini) - Gordini Type 56 chassis 1, Gordini G258/A engine 1
7. Eugenio Castellotti (Alexander Racing Team-Gordini) - Gordini Type 56 chassis 2, Gordini G258/A engine 2
8. Consalvo Sanesi (Alexander Racing Team-Gordini) - Gordini Type 56 chassis 3, Gordini G258/A engine 3
9. Jo Bonnier (Alexander Racing Team-Gordini) - Gordini Type 56 Chassis 4, Gordini G258/A engine 5
10. Jim Russell (Vanwall) - Vanwall VW56 chassis 5, Vanwall 254 engine 7
11. Tony Gaze (Scuderia Ferrari) - Ferrari R560 chassis 4, Ferrari RS560 engine 6
12. Umberto Maglioli (Scuderia Ferrari) - Ferrari R560 chassis 5, Ferrari RS560 engine 5
14. Giulio Cabianca (Scuderia Ferrari) - Ferrari R560 chassis 3, Ferrari RS560 engine 4
15. Juan Manuel Fangio (Reatherson Racing Developments) - Ferrari R560 chassis 6, Ferrari RS560 engine 9
16. Piero Scotti (Scuderia Guastalla) - AAC 555 chassis 11, AAC 555 enging 11
17. Giorgio Becucci (Scuderia Guastalla) - AAC 555 chassis 12, AAC 555 enging 12
18. Ron Flockhart (British Racing Motors) - BRM P25 chassis 1, BRM P25 Engine 1
19. Paul Frère (British Racing Motors) - BRM P25 chassis 2, BRM P25 engine 2
20. B. Bira (Team Lotus) - Lotus 10 chassis 1, B.C.M.A. A/AS Griffin 6
21. Masten Gregory (Team Lotus) - Lotus 10 chassis 5, B.C.M.A. A/AS Griffin 7
22. Lex Davison (Team Lotus) - Lotus 10 chassis 3, B.C.M.A. A/AS Griffin 8
23. Ottorino Volonterio (O.S.C.A.) - O.S.C.A. F156A chassis 5, O.S.C.A. 1500S-56 engine 4
24. Stirling Moss (O.S.C.A.) - O.S.C.A. F156A chassis 6, O.S.C.A. 1500S-56 engine 5
25. José Froilán González (O.S.C.A.) - O.S.C.A. F156A chassis 7, O.S.C.A. 1500S-56 engine 6
26. Troy Ruttman (O.S.C.A.) - O.S.C.A. F156A chassis 8, O.S.C.A. 1500S-56 engine 7
27. Robert Manzon (O.S.C.A.) - O.S.C.A. F156A chassis 10, O.S.C.A. 1500S-56 engine 8
28. Cesare Perdisa (Cesare Perdisa) - AAC 555 chassis 7, AAC 555 engine 2
29. Luigi Piotti (Scuderia Arzani-Volpini) - AAC 555 chassis 1, AAC 555 engine 1
30. Maria Teresa de Filippis (BRUNEL) - Cooper T41 chassis 6, Climax FPF IV engine 3
31. Desmond Titterington (Irish Racing Cars) - Lancia D50 chassis 2, Lancia DS50 engine 1
32. Duncan Hamilton (Irish Racing Cars) - Lancia D50 chassis 4, Lancia DS50 engine 3
33. Jean Behra (Scuderia Centro Sud) - O.S.C.A. F156A chassis 1, O.S.C.A. 1500S-56 engine 1
34. Luigi Musso (Scuderia Centro Sud) - Lancia D50 chassis 1, Lancia DS50 engine 4
35. David Hampshire (Hampshire Racing Alliance) - Vanwall VW56 chassis 2, Vanwall 254 engine 5
36. Roy Salvadori (Hampshire Racing Alliance) - Vanwall VW56 chassis 3, O.S.C.A.1500S-56 engine 2
37. Onofre Marimón (Asso di Fiori) - O.S.C.A. F156A chassis 4, O.S.C.A. 1500S-56 engine 3
38. Lucien Bianchi (Officine Alfieri Maserati) - Cooper T41 chassis 2, Maserati 56A engine 2
39. Helm Glöckler (Equipe Anglaise) - Cooper T41 chassis 1, Climax FPF IV engine 2
40. Peter Collins (B.C.M.A.) - B.C.M.A. C-01 chassis 4, B.C.M.A. A/AS Griffin engine 5
41. Mike Hawthorn (B.C.M.A.) - B.C.M.A. C-01 chassis 1, B.C.M.A. A/AS Griffin engine 1
42. Stuart Lewis-Evans (B.C.M.A.) - B.C.M.A. C-01 chassis 3, B.C.M.A. A/AS Griffin engine 2
43. Elie Bayol (Elie Bayol) - Gordini G-953 chassis 6, Gordini ART-004 engine 6
44. Berardo Taraschi (Berardo Taraschi) - O.S.C.A. F154 chassis 5, AAC 555 engine 13

-After skipping the British Grand Prix, Federico Hernandez and Gilberte Thirion are back in Monza, hoping to take advantage of the large grid to score a good result.
-Despite the horrendous début in Germany, DB have not been deterred and have arrived in Italy. With Thirion now driving for Hernandez, René Bonnet has taken matters into his own hands, deciding to drive the car himself.
-Redmond Gallagher has been benched by Gordini after tricking the team and the race organisers into believing he was fit to drive, resulting in his disqualification from the British Grand Prix. As a result, only four cars have been entered by the leading French team, for Brabham, Sanesi, Castellotti and Bonnier.
-Following a string of disappointing performances, Juan Manuel Fangio has been demoted from the Ferrari squad in a straight swap with Reatherson's Giulio Cabianca, who will make his first appearance for a top team.
-The new Scuderia Guastalla outfit, after honing their craft in sportscars and non-championship races, make their first championship appearance here in Monza. With regular driver Gerino Gerini contracted by Adriatica, the team have instead hired rookies Piero Scotti and Giorgio Becucci to drive the ex-Ferrari machinery.
-BRM planned to enter Luigi Piotti as third driver alongside Frère and Flockhart. However, they did not realise he was unavailable, and will once again have to cancel one of their entries.
-Robert Manzon has finally recovered from his early-season accident, and as this is the home race for O.S.C.A., he will join Volonterio, Moss, González and Ruttman in an exceptional five-car team.
-Unhappy at not finding a drive anywhere for his home race, Cesare Perdisa decided to scrape some money together and rent an old Ferrari to enter under his own name.
-Independent constructor Arzani-Volpini make their first foray into the world championship. Unable to bring their own car, they've also decided to rent an old AAC, which will be driven by the aforementioned Luigi Piotti.
-Thanks to their partnership with Cooper, BRUNEL have secured a Cooper-Climax combination to enter into this race, still driven by de Filippis.
-With travel costs mounting, Irish Racing Cars have downsized their operation to two cars for Titterington and Hamilton, with the third car loaned to Scuderia Centro Sud.
-Centro Sud, returning to the scene for their home race, will enter the experienced pairing of Jean Behra and Luigi Musso in an O.S.C.A. and the IRC Lancia respectively.
-After deliberately missing the British rounds for financial reasons, Maserati will attend their home race, on their last legs, hoping for a good result against all odds.
-47-year-old German sportscar driver Helm Glöckler has decided to persuade old collaborators Equipe Anglaise to enter a customer Cooper-Climax for this race, figuring that he might as well give it a go.
-Similarly, the perennially underrated 42-year-old Elie Bayol, whose only F1 experience amounts to a DNPQ at the '54 French Grand Prix, has decided to give F1 one last go before calling it quits, driving the old Gordini driven by Gallagher in Silverstone.
-Local Italian sportscar driver Berardo Taraschi will also be making his début, following up on some non-championship results that aren't extremely encouraging. He'll be driving an odd O.S.C.A.-AAC combination.

With 43 entries and 34 spots on the grid, there will be no prequalifying session, but 9 drivers will fail to make the grid.

Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

With such a large grid, Piotti might just get Arzani-Volpani on the grid
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Announcement

This series is going to have to be put on hold for the time being, as my computer has had a catastrophic error, and stupid Tommy hadn't backed up his data in over a year.

This wait is only temporary, mind you, as my computer gets sent away to get fixed. There are two possibilities here. Either I can't get my data back and I'm stuck with a year-old spreadsheet which may take some time to update, or I get my data back at some personal cost, and things can resume as normal.

Either way, I'm unable to continue this for at least a week. In the meantime, to keep things going, I'll open up polls to determine the calendar order for 1957. As a reminder, 11 races are scheduled:

Italy (Monza)
Monaco (Monaco)
Ireland (Wicklow)
Britain (Silverstone)
Belgium (Spa)
Germany (Nürburgring)
France (Reims)
Netherlands (Zandvoort)
Morocco (Anfa)
USA (Watkins Glen)
Spain (Pedralbes)

Like last year, you will first vote on the season opener, then the second race, then the third, etc.

Each poll will be open for one day, so get your votes in quick!

Note: Monza is not included in the first poll because only 10 elements can be included. Who was going to vote for Monza first? Anyways, it'll be included from the second poll onwards.

Bobby Doorknobs

tommykl wrote:Note: Monza is not included in the first poll because only 10 elements can be included. Who was going to vote for Monza first? Anyways, it'll be included from the second poll onwards.

Doesn't matter. This violates the very basic principles of democracy :P

I suppose anyone who wants to vote for Monza can post that vote here...
#FreeGonzo
tommykl

Re: Alt-1956: Short hiatus - Vote for 1957 calendar!

Post by tommykl »

The Moroccan Grand Prix is confirmed to be the season opener for 1957, the first time since 1950 that it will not be Monaco. Voting for the second round is now open.