Reject of the Race - Russia 2015

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Miguel98

Reject of the Race - Russia 2015

Post by Miguel98 »

Nominations please!
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Re: Reject of the Race - Russia 2015

Post by WeirdKerr »

Kimi!!!
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

1. Raikkonen
2. EJ
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
GerhardTalger

Post by GerhardTalger »

Raikkonen is the natural choice. But Verstappen was also showing a poor form. Sainz was also doing some strange things after his brake failure...

In regards of that, my ROTR is connected to what Sainz did. That marshall, who was almost hit by Vettel after picking up a piece of debris... what an idiot. He is definitely my ROTR.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Kimi Raikkonen - stupid, stupid crash.
Daniel Ricciardo's car - stop breaking down already. :|
Nico Hulkenberg - That was very uncharacteristic.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Kimi-Matias Räikkönen - He was exciting to watch wheel-to-wheel, but it really looked like he was an accident waiting to happen.

Nico Hulkenberg - Excellent qualifying, only to lose it at the first corner (second corner, whatever)
#FreeGonzo
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Kimi for bathplugging not only his but also Bottas' race up. :x :facepalm:

Dishonorable mention to Hülkenberg for throwing away what would have been his best chance for a podium since 2012 (even though we didn't know it at that point).
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

My ROTR is the Marshal that almost got hit by Vettel. What an idiot. Risked his own life as well as the drivers.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

Raikkonen would be up there for the move but I heard something along the lines of All or nothing so whatever.

Hulkenberg for me. All that hype isn't justified especially when you knock poor Ericsson out of the race.

HM - Sainz for the crossing of the white line.
went

Post by went »

Kimi: What the hell. Throwing away a podium chance for an insane overtake where there was no physical room. Idiotic.

Car no. 6: It's like it has all the problems ever. Curse of Webber?

Brave Russian Marshal: Death wish, anyone?
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Kimi Raikkonen - This is why people are saying he's lost his touch, although I'll excuse him, he helped Perez back on the podium!

Romain Grosjean - Stupid crash harking back to his earlier days at Lotus, although like Raikkonen it's an exception since Perez would not have made the podium otherwise. Still, this proves why he will never be a World Champion.

Max Verstappen - Poor pace and tyre management.

Nico Hulkenberg - Somehow he always does well EXCEPT for when Force India are in serious contention, that's why it's Perez who gets the goods and Hulk is not at Ferrari or another 'top team' right now.

Nico Rosberg's car - Seriously? I know the title fight may have been over before even the start of 2015 but this is not how it was meant to end.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Kimi Räikkönen. Shows some real racecraft for 52 laps, then proceeds to destroy both his and Bottas' race. :facepalm:
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Fetzie

Post by Fetzie »

Kimi Raikönnen.

Dishonourable mention to the music playing in the pit-lane.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This tends to be the nature of Formula 1. You wait all year for a race with strong ROTR contenders, and then three turn up at once.

Räikkönen's incident which made him eligible for the award may have been the most spectacular, but was it the most bone-headed? Hülkenberg's mistake may have been a simple one, but it's a pretty jarring for his career prospects that every time he is in a position to challenge for his podium, he throws his chance away. Interlagos 2012 is another that comes to mind. Top of the list for stupidity is possible the Anonymous Russian Marshal who wandered into the middle of the racetrack with only waved yellows, right in front of the oncoming Vettel. The race could have taken a tragic turn.

This requires some more thought. Each incident can stake its claim, but all for completely different reasons. The self-inflicted error, the merciless mistake or the dangerously incompetent? I guess it almost comes down to a philosophical debate of what ROTR should represent.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Press_Play2002

Post by Press_Play2002 »

Kimi Raikkonen - For allowing his 2002 antics get the better of him.

Bernard Ecclestone - http://itmakessenseblog.com/files/2012/ ... seless.jpg As per usual.

The "new-and-improved" image system on this forum - I am unable to draft new images from my computer at all. The default images are simply less flexible (not to mention quite bland) for constant cycling on a monthly basis. So yeah, thanks guys. :facepalm:
tumblr: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/n0tab0x1871 TARTZ: http://truefalse1989.deviantart.com/
"I think Press_Play2002 is on a downward spiral and has lost it completely"
~Mark WebberNot a real quote by the way
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Kimi Raikkonen - Kimi, that was way too amateurish. When the team says to give it all, they don't mean crash into him.
Max Verstappen - After the spin at the start, some could say we expected Max to deliver a Singapore-like performance. What went on was just a very dull race by him, without even any screen time. Scored a point because of penalties. More underserved than Massa's 4th place.
Marshall - Tom Pryce shading. :/
Nico Hulkenberg - It's always Perez that delivers big, while Nico was playing a Dead or Alive cover.
Honda - The images of Pastor closing a 500m gap with DRS shall not be forgotten. And Alonso made more interesting comments.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

1)Nico Hulkenberg: In a weekend where Checo Perez got into de podium, a lazy spin that put his race, as well as Mad Max's and Ericsson's off, deserves RotR, clearly.

2)Crazy Russian Marshalls: With all the increased safety around, seeing a marshall crossing the track just in front of Seb Vettel is insanity at the higher level

Dishonorable Mentions to Kimi Raikkonen (went for all and gain nothing against Bottas), Felipe Massa (undeserved 4th in a weekend were he had no pace at all) and Honda (the massive lack of top speed on that engine is sad)
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Kimi Raikkonen - idiot move cost his team any mathematical chance of the constructors Championship.

Dishonourable mention to Rosberg's throttle for depriving us of a battle for the win.
Zergon

Post by Zergon »

Quite many good choices this time around but I give it to Nico Hulkenberg: as while Räikkönen at least had little help from Bottas closing the door, Hulkenberg messed up all on his own and in a race were your teammate is on podium, getting taken out on the first corner thanks to your own mistake is quite sure way to get into ROTR discussion.

(Dis)honorable mentions:
Kimi Räikkönen: While I do think that Bottas didn´t really left room for Kimi, that was still quite a dive and had little chance to success.
Max Verstappen: Despite scoring a point thanks to Alonso´s post race penalty, that wasn´t really a good performance. Now, to be fair, his race did get a poor start thanks to Hulkenberg spinning in the first corner but I just can´t figure out how Max managed to get stuck about two seconds behind Alonso with tyres that were fresher... thus becoming the only guy (exluding Marussia) that didn´t manage to pass the sitting ducks.... sorry McLarens.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

The spillage of diesel at turn 8 in FP1 is a very dishonorable mention but I think the marshal running onto the track deserves it.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

1. Raikkonen: Very desperate move there.

2. Hulkenburg: You were looking so good in practice, and qualifying, and you screw it up on the first lap!

Dishonorable Mentions:

Verstappen: Really poor race for him.

Russian Marshall: First the guy at Singapore, now this!
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Been a while since Ive posted in a ROTR thread but it's clear cut for me

Kimi Raikkonen: What on earth was he thinking? That move was never going to work in a month of Sunday's. He looked like a accident waiting to happen anyway considering he touched Bottas after the stops and twice ran off at turn 5. Still I won't nominate him for the award because I'd have done exactly the same if a podium was in front of me

I'm giving it to Nico Hulkenberg for losing it all on his own in a race where Perez bagged a podium. Further evidence of what has been spoke about these 2 team-mates before.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Hulkenburg - a silly mistake on the second corner of a race a race where he could have scored a strong result and don't understand why people say that he deserves a top seat
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote: Kimi Raikkonen: What on earth was he thinking? That move was never going to work in a month of Sunday's. He looked like a accident waiting to happen anyway considering he touched Bottas after the stops and twice ran off at turn 5. Still I won't nominate him for the award because I'd have done exactly the same if a podium was in front of me

Idk, a bonehead move is a bonehead move whether it's for a podium on the last lap or for 19th place on the fifth lap. As you say yourself, it was never going to work in a month of Sundays. If it actually possible to overtake, then yeah, it's okay to try an aggressive late move.

But it wasn't really possible there, he was too far back and just ended up divebombing Bottas with zero chance of actually making the pass. Look at the angle his car's at as he's arriving at the apex, I think even if Bottas had seen it and jumped out of the way, Kimi would have overshot the corner and been repassed on exit.

Therefore, my nomination is unsurprisingly enough: Kimi Raikkonen.
RAK

Post by RAK »

Kimi Raikkonen: Way to cock up any chance of the Constructors' Championship, as well as giving up a good fourth-place finish.

Nico Rosberg's car: Not the way I'd have liked to see him pretty much eliminated from the Drivers' Championship fight.

That Russian marshal: Potentially very hazardous - very lucky to escape from any consequences.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

My award goes to Kimi Raikkonen. A desperate move that was never going to work. He looked very quick towards the end, considering how quickly he closed the gap to the Perez-Bottas battle after Ricky retired, but still, desperate.

HM: Nico Hulkenberg - Goes too hot into first corner, spins in second corner, destroy's two drivers races.

Felipe Massa - Never have I witnessed a 4th place go to a more undeserving driver. He took half the race to pass a Sauber for god's sake...

Russian Marshall: I did wonder how Sainz' rear wing end plate suddenly disappeared from the track. And then we found out. A mad Russian. Gulag for you...

Vladimir Putin: Because I can...

Carlos Sainz: I haz brake failurez. I spinz car. I keep drivingz car. I spinz again. I drop car bitz everywhere. Now I stop.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Raikkonen, with Hulkenberg a dishonourable mention
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Raikkonen - Has to be.
Just For One Day...
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Hulkenberg deserves more the ROTR. Amateurish that almost resulted in a pile up. Destroyed Ericsson's race and damaged Verstappen's and Grosjean's cars, forcing both to pit for repairs. Raikkonen crash was silly, but an amateurish spin in first lap for the "best of the rest" and the Le Mans winner is more silly and more ROTR material than a very ambitious overtaking attempt in the last lap, especially when his team mate scores a podium with a middlefield car. Still, Raikkonen deserves a big mention.

Special mention for Grosjean and his crash due overdriving, Williams pitcrews and the marshall who was almost hit by Vettel.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I don't see what Grosjean did that was so wrong - he was following Button, and was caught out by the turbulence. The position he was in, it was impossible for him to save it the moment the car wiggled.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

1. Hulkenberg.....so disappointing
2. Race director for throwing SC so early the pack hadn't sorted itself out and some eased up , and nearly a crash (from deploying the SAFETY car) . I saw the Formula Renault Silverstone smash when the leaders slowed and the pack were racing each other and suddenly faced with slow cars ahead. If the incident is on lap 1 everyone knows you can complete the rest of lap 1 on a clear track, so take a moment to deploy the safety car, and let them settle down. We have had so many accidents in other formulae (Yokoyama, Viso etc, but so many little nerfs and nudges as well) with cars slowing for yellows and someone piling into the back ..sometimes there's no other choice but to put out the flags and SC, but on lap 1 with the incident behind everyone, there is no such rush. Is there?
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

While I agree with the general sentiment of nominating Räikkönen for ROTR, I don't agree with people putting extra blame on him for "ruining" Ferrari's chances at the WCC. Let's face it, even if the crash didn't happen Mercedes would've clinched the title in Austin anyway as there's no chance in hell they'd suddenly stop scoring points for the rest of the season..
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Raikkonen - he's been in that "lost his touch but once in a blue moon pulls a good performance out of the bag" zone for like 3 years now, it's honestly hard to believe he'll be in the Ferrari again next year.

And an honourable mention to Rosberg's reliability. The slightest possibility of an interesting final act to the season has been snubbed by reliability.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
LeytonHouse

Post by LeytonHouse »

Raikkonen - Once again outpaced by Vettel, despite earning himself track position at the start. The last lap divebomb on Bottas ruined both their races and was 100% Kimi’s fault. I wish he’d retire at the end of the season and give some new blood an opportunity to drive a very good car.

Hulkenberg - He is one of my favourite drivers so it pains me to say this but that lazy spin at turn 2 was pretty ameteurish. I really hope the guy gets a crack at a bigger team but with Perez doing so well in the other car I fear his chances are diminishing.
"A GP2 car is faster than my Caterham" - Kamui Kobayashi (Pre-season testing 2014)
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

After some further thought, I've elected to hand ROTR to the Crazy Russian Marshal who ran into the middle of the track as Vettel was approaching. Marshals do a dangerous job and have to be brave, but that was a step too far. My heart skipped a beat when watching him running to the middle of the track to pick up Sainz's rear wing endplate.

Or perhaps there's something about Sebastian Vettel that simply attracts track invaders?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

1. The Russian Grand Prix.
I watched the last two thirds on x4 speed and pressed play if I thought something good was going to happen. I turned it into highlights coverage all on my own.
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

Biscione wrote:After some further thought, I've elected to hand ROTR to the Crazy Russian Marshal who ran into the middle of the track as Vettel was approaching. Marshals do a dangerous job and have to be brave, but that was a step too far. My heart skipped a beat when watching him running to the middle of the track to pick up Sainz's rear wing endplate.

Or perhaps there's something about Sebastian Vettel that simply attracts track invaders?

I mean come on. Who wouldn't be attracted to that smile.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Biscione wrote:Or perhaps there's something about Sebastian Vettel that simply attracts track invaders?

Maybe they're all a bunch of bitter Webber fans?
Just For One Day...
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

LeytonHouse wrote:Raikkonen - Once again outpaced by Vettel, despite earning himself track position at the start. The last lap divebomb on Bottas ruined both their races and was 100% Kimi’s fault. I wish he’d retire at the end of the season and give some new blood an opportunity to drive a very good car.

Hulkenberg - He is one of my favourite drivers so it pains me to say this but that lazy spin at turn 2 was pretty ameteurish. I really hope the guy gets a crack at a bigger team but with Perez doing so well in the other car I fear his chances are diminishing.

Yup
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF