Series Manager V2.0 - Week 2 starts

Archive for the three above subforums
HawkAussie

Series Manager V2.0 - Week 2 starts

Post by HawkAussie »

With the first version not lasting far, I thought that this is going to return back on GP Rejects. This time, the year is 2010 with the spilt of F1 into two series with the Grand Prix World Championship. But the real news is the news of new managers taking over some of the series that we know.

Anyway hello and welcome to Series Manager V2.0 and these are the rules (copied from the previous thread)

- There are several tiers for series: Global (F1), International (NASCAR, WEC, DTM), National (BTCC, STCC), Regional (Small national series like BARC Formula Renault UK and such) and Club. Note that these tiers don't necessarily refer to locations the series races in, but also to its reach around the world.
- You can gain or lose public image with every race you run.
- But how do you run good races? It's shouldn't be enough to run competitive races, but also need a good TV package, good production crew and of course "stars and cars" that attract the fans. A little marketing can also help. To make it short: You'll be needing plenty of factors to determine if a race was "good".
- Obviously, a series can't sign teams and drivers on their own. Maybe they can approach teams to compete in their series, but it'll take plenty of convincing. But even if you get a team into your series, it doesn't have to mean that they send their best drivers into your series (Take Andretti Autosports for example, who compete in IndyCar, Indy Lights, Formula Atlantic and Star Mazda IIRC). You can basically only a good enviroment that attracts the teams.

If your interested then you may put your series down.

Series
DTM (Klon) - 0
Super GT (roblomas52) - 0
Porsche Supercup (Miguel58) - 0
V8 Supercar Championship Series (Wizzie) - 0
WTCC (novitopoli) - 0
Speedway Grand Prix (AustralianStig) - 0
Auto GP (Normal32) - 0
WRC (Biscione) - 0
BTCC (RedEyes504) - 0

Other Series that haven't been chosen - In Progress
Last edited by HawkAussie on 29 Aug 2015, 01:51, edited 9 times in total.
Officially Retired
HawkAussie

Re: Series Manager V2.0

Post by HawkAussie »

Calendar (next 4 weeks)
Week 3: None
Week 4: None
Week 5: WRC (Swedish Rally)
Week 6: V8s (Yas V8 400)

Standings
Last edited by HawkAussie on 29 Aug 2015, 01:52, edited 2 times in total.
Officially Retired
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Series Manager V2.0 - Enter your series

Post by Klon »

Obviously, I am going to help DTM to the glory it deserves. Please make this last, my dreams cannot handle being crushed again. :chilton:
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

I am going to run Super GT.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Porsche Supercup for me. :P
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

MCU has recently come across several large investors from Latin America, and would like to use their new-found riches to to take over management of the V8 Supercar Championship Series
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

WTCC for me!
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

AustralianStig wrote:Can I take Speedway Grand Prix?

Yes you can, in terms of the date it will start in two days and there is a couple of rules that I will bring in.

[*] This will start in 1 January 2010 so all the drivers that was signed at that time and the schedule that it was
[*] What I find lacking, was the minimal RP that was involve in this series, so that will be the case with the minimum news story being at least 50 words. This will be either increase or decrease your fan base and I will also aid the storyline by giving headlines of the week
[*] This means that the progress of the game will be a weekly basis
Officially Retired
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

I will take over Auto GP,.
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Gimme WRC again. Let's see if I can save this sinking ship.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

So with only one more day until it starts I will reveal the first headline of the previous week which is going to be different than OTL. Of course during the turn, I will only post the headlines for particular series that hasn't been chosen.

Motorsport.com wrote:Petrov joins March
In a move that might come as a surprise, Vitaly Petrov will become the first Russian F1 driver as he will compete for March Engineering in the 2010 season.

Vitaly Petrov has been competing in GP2 for the past three seasons and with recent form has been given an opportunity to compete in F1. This will also apply to the series with the seats starting to fill up with the first test being only 20 days away with it being held in Catalunya.

I have also starting creating sheets for each of the series and you will each get a link at the start of the game.
Officially Retired
RedEyes504

Post by RedEyes504 »

If I'm not too late I'll take over BTCC
Alexander Wurz is timeless and endless and eternal.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

RedEyes504 wrote:If I'm not too late I'll take over BTCC

No you only just got in as I was about to start week 1 of the campaign which begins now. Remember the minimum amount of words which is set at 50.

[quote=]Headlines for Week 1
Motorsport.com wrote:January 7, 2010: Bortolotti secures Toro Rosso race seat (GPWC)

Motorsport.com wrote:January 5, 2010: Rossiter in position to gain F1 seat for USF1 (F1)

Motorsport.com wrote:January 5, 2010: Tom Kristensen is Danish "Sportsman of the Decade" (General/DTM)

Motorsport.com wrote:January 4, 2010: Andretti Autosport signs Hunter-Reay (IndyCar)

Motorsport.com wrote:January 3, 2010: No seat for Piquet in Campos (F1)
[/quote]
Officially Retired
AustralianStig

Re: Series Manager V2.0 - Week 1 Begins

Post by AustralianStig »

Speedway Grand Prix announces calendar expansion
Speedway Grand Prix organisers have announced an unprecedented 13 round calendar, with additional races in the United States and Australia.
"Champion Jason Crump will have the chance to defend his title on home soil, as we introduce Melbourne as the season-closing round at Etihad Stadium," promoters announced. "We are also excited to introduce expansion into North America, as speedway returns to Veterans Memorial Stadium in Long Beach, California for the season opener. This is a fantastic opportunity to put speedway on the world stage."

The 2010 calendar was released today as follows:

Round 1 - April 3: Long Beach, United States
Round 2 - April 24: Leszno, Poland
Round 3 - May 8: Gothenburg, Sweden
Round 4 - May 22: Prague, Czech Republic
Round 5 - June 5: Copenhagen, Denmark
Round 6 - June 19: Torun, Poland
Round 7 - July 10: Cardiff, Wales
Round 8 - August 14: Malilla, Sweden
Round 9 - August 28: Gorican, Croatia
Round 10 - September 11: Vojens, Denmark
Round 11 - September 25: Terenzano, Italy
Round 12 - October 9 Bydgoszcz, Poland
Round 13 - October 30: Melbourne, Australia
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

Whiteshore

Post by Whiteshore »

Long live the the FIA Formula 1 World Championship.
Unafraid of the papaya!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AutoAction wrote:V8 Supercar Calender Update: Queensland Raceway to Stay, Barbagallo Under Threat

The 2010 V8 Supercars calendar continues to take shape this week with the announcement that the series has come to an agreement with the owners of Queensland Raceway. After months of deliberation between V8SC's old management and QR management, the new V8SC management has move quickly to secure the Ipswich track onto the 2010 calendar. The deal, reported to be 2 years, comes at an opportune time for the MCU consortium who have recently completed a takeover of the series from the previous Cocharine regime.

The other major piece yet to fall in the calendar is the ongoing debate regarding the state of Barbagallo Raceway. In recent years, the track has fallen into a relative state of disrepair, and it has been noted that previous V8SC management refused to return to the track until the necessary track and pit upgrades were made. While work at the track has gotten underway, it is unknown whether the upgrades will be conducted in time for the race, currently scheduled for mid-August. An announcement regarding the fate of the event is expected by the end of the month.

The current schedule for the V8 Supercars is as follows:

Round 1: Yas V8 400 - Yas Marina - Feb 18-20
Round 2: Desert 400 - Bahrain - Feb 25-27
Round 3: Clipsal 500 - Adelaide - Mar 11-14
NC: Australian Grand Prix Challenge - Albert Park - Mar 25-28
Round 4: ITM Hamilton 400 - Hamilton - Apr 16-18
Round 5: City of Ipswich 300 - Queensland Raceway - Apr 30-May 2
Round 6: Winton Motor Raceway - Winton - May 14-16
Round 7: Skycity Triple Crown - Hidden Valley - Jun 18-20
Round 8: Sucrogen Townsville 400 - Townsville - Jul 9-11
Round 9: BigPond Perth 300 - Barbagallo - Aug 20-22*
Round 10: L&H 500 - Phillip Island - Sep 10-12
Round 11: Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 - Mount Panorama - Oct 7-10
Round 12: ArmorAll Gold Coast 600 - Surfers Paradise - Oct 21-24
Round 13: Falken Tasmania Challenge - Symmons Plains - Nov 12-14
Round 14: Norton 360 Sandown Challenge - Sandown - Nov 19-21
Round 15: Sydney Telstra 500 - Homebush - Dec 3-5

Autosport Plus wrote:Albert Park to Become V8 Championship Round?

With the announcement last year of the split between F1 and GPWC and the impending open-wheel war that is to follow, it's believed that the Victorian State Government is looking to ditch the Australian Grand Prix, which has thus far remained loyal to the FIA. The contract, set to expire at the end of the current season, is looking less and less likely to be renewed as the two sides of the split look less and less likely to reconcile. In response, it's believed the government is in preliminary talks to make the Albert Park race a championship round of the V8 Supercars Championship Series for 2011...

*To read more, subscribe to Autosport Plus today*
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Come on people who haven't post their headlines because I am almost ready to post the Week 2 news which will be posted in two days time.
Officially Retired
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

AutoAction wrote:Super GT announce calendar

The 2010 Super GT calendar has been announced.
Suzuka GT 300km March 21
Okayama GT 300km April 4
Fuji GT 400km May 2
Super GT International Series Malaysia June 20
Sugo GT 300 km July 25
39th Pokka GT Summer Special August 22
Autopolis GT 300 km September 12
Motegi GT 250 km October 24

For more information, please subscribe to Autosport Plus
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Motorsport News wrote:WRC plans last minute regulation change, attempting to convince Grönholm to return

With big names struggling to find rides, most notably Petter Solberg looking like he will have to continue as a privateer once again, it seems series management is looking to resolve the situation by returning to having three cars eligible to score points, with the two highest finishing drivers contributing to the manufacturer's tally at each event.

The change is to encourage the last remaining manufacturers, Ford and Citroen, to hire an extra top driver to their works teams, alongside the established quartet of Loeb, Sordo, Hirvonen and Latvala. In the case of the French marque, this would very likely mean a return to factory status for Petter Solberg, who lost his works drive with Subaru when the Japanese team withdrew at the end of 2008.

However, in a shock twist, it appears WRC top brass are negotiating directly with both Ford team boss Malcolm Wilson and former world champion Marcus Grönholm, in an attempt to lure the Finn back to the sport, with the promise of the proposed extra works car alongside his compatriots Hirvonen and Latvala.

Despite being arguably the highest profile driver of all, series newcomer Kimi Räikkönen will stay with the Citroen Junior Team as originally planned, focusing on a development year alongside young talent Sébastien Ogier.

Autosport wrote:Extra incentive added to JWRC title race with new scholarship programme

WRC bosses announced a new initiative to aid development of young drivers in the sport, with an added grand prize of a funded race seat in SWRC next year for the next champion of the junior feeder series.

For next year, the sport will found a "WRC Junior Team" in the SWRC, similar to the Pirelli Star Driver programme seen in PWRC, with its participant decided by the results of the JWRC title race the previous season. They are widely expected to use a Škoda Fabia S2000 for this purpose.

Early favourites for the scholarship include Dutch pairing Kevin Abbring and Hans Weijs, Jr, Belgian driver Thierry Neuville, Estonian youngster Karl Kruuda, plus the latest member of the Citroen junior system, Mathieu Arzeno.

Image Image
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

www.motorsport-total.com wrote:DTM Calendar Announced

Following a number of other series, ITR announced the DTM calendar for the 2010 season. In a surprising development, the calendar will be extended to 12 races. After the 2004 exhibition race in Shanghai, DTM will have another go at a race in China, a street circuit located around the "Bird's Nest" Olympic stadium of Beijing will host the second race of the season, this move being in both Audi's and Mercedes-Benz' interest.

It will be one of the four international races of the DTM season. In addition, six German tracks will hold eight races, both Hockenheim and EuroSpeedway Lausitz having two. Hockenheim keeps its status as season opener and finale as the EuroSpeedway will host two races in one season as it did in 2005, when it replaced a planned race at an Avignon circuit. The EuroSpeedway, however, will be going back to the pre-2005 layout.

Noteworthy is those second races will use different track variations, the second EuroSpeedway race will include the first corner of oval after a test for doing so failed in 2003. ITR are confident there will be no problems this time around. The season finale will happen on a shortened version of the Hockenheimring, where the Parabolica section is not fully completed, but instead interrupted by a purpose-built "shortcut".

The Adria International Raceway returns to the DTM calendar after having been part of it in 2003 and 2004. As consequence, DTM will not race in Spain in Italy. Alemanni Ring e.V., which wanted the Alemannenring to return, amazingly managed to overcome the issues and managed to make the track return to DTM, much to the pleasure of the people who can still remember Nicola Larini's and Bernd Schneider's great wins on the circuit.

Round 1 - Hockenheimring (18 April)
Round 2 - Beijing Olympic Green Circuit (16 May)
Round 3 - EuroSpeedway Lausitz GP-Strecke (6 June)
Round 4 - Circuit Park Zandvoort (20 June)
Round 5 - Norisring (4 July)
Round 6 - Motorsport Arena Oschersleben (18 July)
Round 7 - Nürburgring (Kurzanbindung) (8 August)
Round 8 - Alemannenring (22 August)
Round 9 - Brands Hatch Indy (6 September)
Round 10 - EuroSpeedway Lausitz GP-Strecke inkl. Turn 1 (25 September)
Round 11 - Adria International Raceway (17 October)
Round 12 - Hockenheimring (Kurzanbindung) (31 October)
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

HawkAussie wrote: This time, the year is 2010 with the spilt of F1 into two series with the Grand Prix World Championship. But the real news is the news of new managers taking over some of the series that we know.

Only had a look at those line-ups now. Why is the GPWC filled with all those teams that were not going to split from F1 in the budget cap battle? Wouldn't it make more sense to invert the line-ups (i.e. what is now F1 becomes GPWC and vice-versa)?
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Autosport wrote:SURPRISES AS WTCC UNVEILS NEW CALENDAR

The World Touring Car Championship has unveiled its 2010 schedule. Notable features include a brand-new Race of the USA at Sonoma and, most surprisingly, the Race of Germany being moved from Oschersleben to the Nürburgring Nordschleife. The season finale at Macau was confirmed, as was the French race in Pau, while Monza was chosen to host the Race of Italy. The Race of Spain was instead dropped, some sources reporting disputes between the WTCC management and the race organizers.

Race of Brazil - Curitiba - 7 March
Race of the United States - Infineon Raceway - 25 April
Race of Morocco - Marrakech - 2 May
Race of Italy - Monza - 23 May
Race of France - Pau - 6 June
Race of Belgium - Zolder - 20 June
Race of Portugal - Portimao - 4 July
Race of UK - Brands Hatch - 18 July
Race of the Czech Republic - Brno - 1 August
Race of Germany - Nürburgring Nordschleife - 5 September
Race of Japan - Okayama - 31 October
Race of Macau - Guia - 21 November

sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Autosport wrote:Auto GP unveils radical changes for 2010
AutoGP has unveiled their new changes for the 2010 season. The brand rew 10-race calendar will feature more races at Asia and America. There are some radical changes, with the possibilty of a circuit at Paris, more races at ovals, and visiting many countries through the world.

The car has been rumored to be the A1GP car by Ferrari, which has 600bhp. This was unveiled to be a change to appeal more to former F1 drivers, and the organization are rumored to try and bring in Romain Grosjean.

The calendar goes like this:
1. Stavelot - Spa-Francorchamps - 24/25 April
2. Paris - Paris Street Circuit - 1/2 May
3. Catalunya - Circuit de Catalunya - 15/16 May
4. Banderburg - EuroSpeedway Lausitz - 12/13 June
5. Imola - Autodromo Enzo and Dino Ferrari - 19/20 June
6. Monza - Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 3/4 July
7. Shanghai - Shanghai International Circuit - 24/25 July
8. Mie - Suzuka Circuit - 31/1 July/August
9. Indiana - Indianapolis Motor Speedway (permanent w/o chicane) - 18/19 September
10. Argentina - Potrero De Los Funes - 2/3 October
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
RedEyes504

Post by RedEyes504 »

Autosport wrote:BTCC Unveils Calander

The BTCC organizers have today unveiled the calander for the upcoming season. There was also said to be a drive from management to try and lure more manufacturer teams back to the championship, with the aim being to takes the series back to the glory days of the mid 90's.

Calander

R1-3 Thruxton (4th April)
R4-6 Rockingham (25th April)
R7-9 Brands Hatch GP (2nd May)
R10-12 Oulton Park (6th June)
R13-15 Croft (20th June)
R16-18 Snetterton (8th August)
R19-21 Silverstone (22nd August)
R22-24 Knockhill (5th September)
R25-27 Donington Park (19th September)
R28-30 Brands Hatch Indy (10th October)
Alexander Wurz is timeless and endless and eternal.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Headlines for Week 2
speedcafe.com wrote:January 14, 2010: SEAT stays in WTCC (WTCC)

Motorsport.com wrote:January 12, 2010: Townsend Bell to drive in Indy (IndyCars)

Motorsport.com wrote:January 12, 2010: Craig Lowndes to compete in Daytona 24 hours (V8s

Motorsport.com wrote:January 13, 2010: GP3 dropped as talks continue over spilt (F1/GPWC)

speedcafe.com wrote:January 11, 2010: Kubica to drive in Monte-Carlo rally (WRC)

Motorsport.com wrote:January 10, 2010: Final schedule is announced (GPWC)

speedcafe.com wrote:January 9, 2010: Sepang deal slips through (MotoGP)

TouringCarTimes.com wrote:January 8, 2010: Team ROAL to continue in WTCC (WTCC)

With that, Week 2 now begins.
Officially Retired
Whiteshore

Re: Series Manager V2.0 - Week 2 starts

Post by Whiteshore »

Motorsport.com wrote:
FIA announces 2010 FIA Formula 1 World Championship schedule

FIA President Jean Todt has announced the full schedule of the FIA Formula 1 World Championship's 2010 season. The schedule is meant to ensure that the F1 championship will remain number 1 in the world with the split with the GPWC.

1. Australian Grand Prix-March 21-Albert Park
2. Malaysian Grand Prix-April 4-Sepang
3. Chinese Grand Prix-April 18-Shanghai
4. Pacific Grand Prix-April 25-Fuji
5. Spanish Grand Prix-May 9-Catalunya
6. Monaco Grand Prix-May 16-Monaco
7. French Grand Prix-May 30-Magny-Cours
8. Canadian Grand Prix-June 13-Circuit Gilles Villenueve
9. United States Grand Prix-June 20-Long Beach
10. British Grand Prix-July 11-Donington Park
11. German Grand Prix-July 25-Lausitzring oval
12. Hungarian Grand Prix-August 1-Hungaroring
13. Belgian Grand Prix-August 29-Spa-Franchochamps
14. Italian Grand Prix-September 12-Monza
15. Korean Grand Prix-September 26-Yeongnam
16. Japanese Grand Prix-October 3-Suzuka
17. Argentinian Grand Prix-October 17-Buenos Aires
18. Brazilian Grand Prix-October 24-Interlagos
19. South African Grand Prix-November 7-Cape Town
20. Abu Dhabi Grand Prix-November 21-Yas Marina circuit

This new F1 calendar brings back the South African, US, Argentinian, French, and Pacific Grand Prixs to compensate for the Turkish, Singaporian, and BahrainGPs joining the GPWC and returns F1 to Long Beach and Donington Park as Silverstone joins the GPWC. It also gives F1 it's first oval race at the Lausitzring as Hockenheim joins the GPWC. With the Scuderia Ferrari and McLaren throwing their full support behind the FIA, could the FIA win it's spat with the GPWC?
Last edited by Whiteshore on 05 Sep 2015, 10:51, edited 1 time in total.
Unafraid of the papaya!
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

www.motorsport-total.com wrote:Rule Revolution for New Manufacturers?

According to latest sources from inside ITR, the DTM management, as well as Audi and Mercedes-Bent, are trying to convince several manufacturers to join the German-based touring car series from 2012 onwards. In order to accomplish this goal, both German premium marquees are willing to adapt the rules of the series to the needs of the new manufacturer(s).

Apparentely, BMW and Honda are the two main targets of the German expansion drive. BMW, having abandoned Formula One in wake of their miserable 2009 season, are considered virtually a lock to join the German series for 2012. Honda, on the other hand, may prove more difficult, with Honda's European efforts currently focussing on the BTCC.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Speedcafe wrote:MCU Praises Lowndes One-Off, Encourages More to do Same

With the recent announcement that Australian V8 legend Craig Lowndes is set to start his first Daytona 24 Hour race, new V8 Supercar category owners MCU were quick to sing the praises of the three time Supercar champion.

"Craig has been a mainstay of the category of many years, and is a legend in his own right, at to see a talent such as his be recognised on the international stage is a huge credit to both him and the series." stated MCU spokesperson Inigo Montoya in a recent press release. "We hope to see more and more international teams start to see the quality and depth of our field, and offer some of our guys opportunities to do one-off races such as Daytona or Le Mans. It'll help us build international acclaim for our category and, more importantly, for the hard-working drivers, teams and people behind the scenes who make the category what it is today."

Should Lowndes' efforts in Daytona prove to be fruitful, it's believed that it will pave the way for more V8 Supercar drivers to receive other one-off invitational offers in the future.

V8 Supercars.com wrote:2010 Entry List Finalised

Earlier today, V8 Supercars released their final full-time entry list for the 2010 V8 Supercar season. With the first of two Middle Eastern rounds just over a month away, its expected that 29 cars will line up the grid come February 19th. While many of the seats already have confirmed drivers and sponsors, a few seats remain to be filled, namely the fourth Kelly Racing car formally driven by Dale Wood and Mark McNally, as well as the newly formed third Brad Jones Racing entry and the sole Lucas Dumbrell VE Commodore. As it stands, the entry list is as follows:

#1. Triple Eight Race Engineering - Jamie Whincup
#2. Holden Racing Team - Garth Tander
#3. Tony D'Alberto Racing - Tony D'Alberto
#4. Stone Brothers Racing - Alex Davison
#5. Ford Performance Racing - Mark Winterbottom
#6. Ford Performance Racing - Steven Richards
#7. Kelly Racing - Todd Kelly
#8. Brad Jones Racing - Jason Richards
#9. Stone Brothers Racing - Shane Van Gisbergen
#10. Walkinshaw Racing - Andrew Thompson
#11. Kelly Racing - Jason Bargwanna
#12. Triple F Racing - Dean Fiore
#14. Brad Jones Racing - Jason Bright
#15. Kelly Racing - Rick Kelly
#16. Kelly Racing - To Be Announced
#17. Dick Johnson Racing - Steven Johnson
#18. Dick Johnson Racing - James Courtney
#19. Tekno Autosports (Dick Johnson Racing) - Jonathon Webb
#21. Britek Motorsport (Brad Jones Racing) - To Be Announced
#22. Holden Racing Team - Will Davison
#24. Walkinshaw Racing - Fabian Coulthard
#30. Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport - To Be Announced
#33. Garry Rogers Motorsport - Lee Holdsworth
#34. Garry Rogers Motorsport - Michael Caruso
#39. Paul Morris Motorsport - Russell Ingall
#47. James Rosenberg Racing (Stone Brothers Racing) - Tim Slade
#51. Paul Morris Motorsport - Greg Murphy
#55. Rod Nash Racing (Ford Performance Racing) - Paul Dumbrell
#888. Triple Eight Racing Engineering - Craig Lowndes
Whiteshore

Post by Whiteshore »

What do you think of my alternate 2010 F1 calendar?
Unafraid of the papaya!
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Is it too late to join and take the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup?
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Porsche Supercup announces calendar

Porsche Supercup series has announced their calendar for the 2010 season. With weeks of speculation coming, with the split of F1 into F1 and GPWC, Porsche Supercup we're not sure where they would fit, as they usually support F1 in their races. The Porsche Supercup announced they would keep supporting most F1 races, and they would support the first two races of the V8 Supercar calendar, in Yas Marina and Bahrain. The calendar will feature 11 rounds across the year, with the season starting and ending in Yas Marina. Porsche Supercup will support F1 in the Malaysian, Monaco, British, Hungarian, Belgian, Italian and Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. Individual rounds will be held in the dutch circuit of Zandvoort, in the month of June, and in the circuit of the Nurburgring Nordschleife, during the month of July. During the next few days, it's expected that Porsche announce further changes to the series, as it hopes to reinvent themselves for the next decade.

Round 1: Yas Marina (18-20 Feb - support V8 Supercars)
Round 2: Bahrain (25-27 Feb - support V8 Supercars)
Round 3: Sepang (3-4 April - support F1)
Round 4: Monaco (15-16 May - support F1)
Round 5: Zandvoort (5-6 June)
Round 6: Donington Park (10-11 July - support F1)
Round 7: Nurburgring Nordschleife (17-18 July)
Round 8: Hungaroring (31 July-1 August - support F1)
Round 9: Spa-Francorchamps (28-29 August - support F1)
Round 10: Monza (11-12 September - support F1)
Round 11: Yas Marina (20-21 November - support F1)

In Autosport, 12th January
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I'm calling it quits on this one. The series has not defined any sort of end goal - what is defined as winning? Losing? What can and can't we do? What are the purpose of these 1000 credits? It's a bit confusing when there's no obvious target.

Image Image
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

I am also calling it quits on this one because I just don't have the time.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

I'm going to use my 1000 credits to launch a bonus Lunar Round, the first ever motorsport event to be held off the planet. Riders will use standard speedway bikes, and experts predict incredible entertainment with riders expected to be spending most of the race trying to stay on the ground.

CoopsII wrote: