ARWS '18 - Vote for ROTY!!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
V8fan12

Re: ARWS '18 - Argentina Live NOW!

Post by V8fan12 »

PAE will change their mechanical sympathy to Level 5 for the next race.
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Autosport wrote:BREAKING: Fusion sell ARWS team to Lotto Racing

Coca-Cola Fusion Infiniti have sold their AutoReject World Series team to Lotto Racing, with the team set to rebrand over the winter.

Having recently secured a deal in principle with Swiss investors Bischoff & Adler Capital, the Zurich-based firm have been unable to deliver their financial obligations to the team, including working out a deal to extend the team's one-year sponsorship contract with Coca-Cola.

After the team put together a technical partnership with the Lotto Racing group, the Belgian company made the decision to purchase a majority stake in the Fusion team.

"I am delighted to conclude the deal with Lotto" said team principal Jacques Couteau. "The team has plenty of talent, and it's good that they've seen what our team can do and they've decided to come in and put some money into it."

Couteau will remain with the team to aid the handover process, but the Lotto management will now be in full control of the Fusion team.

So yeah, tl;dr: Miguel's now in charge of Fusion. Since he's guaranteed an entry anyway, this should not be a problem.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

De Telegraaf wrote:Van Nieuwenhuijzen relieved with 'undeserved' win

Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen, who racked up his fourth win of the ARWS season at Buenos Aires, was not in particularly celebratory mood, and instead reflected on what he admitted was a lucky victory.

"It was the most undeserved win of the season," he said in the post-race press conference. "I'm just relieved I managed a good result, despite everything that happened."

"My driving was not so good early in the race. Yet again I had a poor start, dropped to 5th, and then a bit later made a silly mistake at Turn 4, which in any normal circumstances would have cost me any chance of points."

Instead, the chaotic events of the race led the three title protagonists to all no-score, and with both Voecklers also retiring, and the Jones' having started way down the field, the Maaskantje native found himself in a battle for the lead.

"This last phase of the race was the one time I drove well!" he enthused. "That was a good battle with Mark [Dagnall] for the lead. At the time of course it was just for a podium, we didn't expect it to be for P1, but it was still a really tough battle. And a fair battle as well, all credit to him."

With Hawkin, Cara and Nicolas all failing to score, van Niewuenhuijzen finds himself 17 points off the championship lead with 20 points left on the board. While he is still mathematically in contention, he refused any suggestions he could take a shock championship victory.

"You guys are crazy suggesting this," he retorted. "The gap is too much. Hawkin has been very, very unlucky in the last six weeks, and this bad run will end for him soon. I'm sure he and his team will rally, rather than collapse, and they'll get the trophy in the end. Cara will be close too, but I am not in this fight."

"The really important thing for me is to collect as many points as possible for Kjellerup. Because they got both cars home today, we gained nothing on Jones despite winning. In the last two races, it's about making sure we get to the finish and get points for the team, because Jones have a habit of either scoring big or scoring nothing. This isn't just me though, Nick [Nurmester] has that responsibility too."

Motorsport wrote:Bean on top of the world after scoring debut Mecha point

Half way through the season, most members of the paddock were hedging their bets on Jesus Plaza being in a prime position to take Mecha GP to new heights for the Indonesian team.

Everyone turned out to be wrong.

On the back of a record 8th place finish for the Mecha team in Sao Paulo by John Bean, he went better still in Argentina, scoring both his and Mecha GP's first ever world championship point.

For Mecha, it has been a long 4 year wait. For Bean, it's been six years since he was even competing in the top level of motorsport.

"I'm so happy that finally our progress has been vindicated with a great result," said the Brit. "For the last three races, suddenly my understanding of the car, and extrapolating its potential has come on leaps and bounds. I'm no longer at war with the car, but at peace with it. A point is a natural conclusion of such progress."

One month ago, it looked almost certain that Bean would not continue with the team into next season. However, after 3 impressive performances on the trot - in one case taking PreQ pole only for Plaza's slow times leaving him unable to progress - there is now a sudden expectation of a renewal from the paddock, and bean in particular.

"At the half way point, it was a difficult place for both myself and the team, but we didn't give up, and now we're in a good place. A contract renewal? I hope we can start discussions soon now. Before I didn't do enough to earn that opportunity, but I've reached a point now where things are working well, the relationship is good, and so I think it can work for both parties now. We'll see what happens."

Dan Greenlaw wrote:It was a mistake by me, in a way, that I didn't see the retirement coming. I spun off, originally I assumed just from a mistake on my part, but it seems we had a slow puncture in the front right, but then it just went completely on the run down to Turn 6 a few laps later. The car was fine, but maybe not as good for pace as Sao Paulo. I feel though I should have scored at least 15 points in the last two races, so to have nothing to show for it is still a huge disappointment.

Alessandro Lucarelli wrote:Ehhhh....I dunno.....it was a very strange race. The Gillets boxed me in, I have nowhere to go, PAF, front wing is gone. But I think it also broke the suspension, the car 'ad extreme oversteer for the rest of the race, even after a new wing. I lost the car two, three times more, and then we had a loose wheel to f*** everything some more. It's a 'uge shame, because in terms of the race pace it was a fast car.

Marco Bizzarri wrote:Image
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Nicolas Steele wrote:Wait, Bean scored a point in that car??? This keeps getting better and better.

It was probably down to luck at the end of the day, but I guess I should give him some credit. We can kiss 15th place goodbye now unless we hit every single mark for Japan.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Auto Motor und Sport wrote:Tropico plotting internal coup of MRT-BMW?

Despite MRT sitting atop the constructors' championship, and with both their driver still having an outside chance of the drivers' championship, it appears the mercurial team is on the brink of imploding, under the force of an internal power struggle.

It is reported that Tropican forces, led by newly appointed Tropico Motorsport Federation chairman Alessandro Linari, is looking to oust Pierre Depault from his position as team prinicpal, and wrestle full control of the team from the Frenchman.

With long time Depault ally Phillippe Nicolas departing the team, and former Linari protege Salvatore Miccoli taking his place, there are real question marks about the internal state of affairs at the frontrunning Australian-German team, with suggestions that Linari has orders from the highest ranking government officials of Tropico to wrestle control of the team.

Tropico has ventured into ARWS previously - and rather unsuccessfully so - during a short-lived partnership with the CR team in the mid 2010s. The only real success story from Tropico's well-funded motorsport programme has been the emergence of Alberto Cara, whose presence in the team has brought with it a vested interest from the TMF in MRT.

Also, both Pre-Qualifying and Qualifying have been added to YT - the whole race playlist is available here.

Image Image
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: ARWS '18 - Monaco results P15

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:Sorry, here is my repost of my test session for October 7-10 in cooperation with Melrose Racing:

Course: Nurburgring GP-Strecke
Days: October 7-10

Day 1-3: Downforce
Nicolas Steele (Day 1-3)
Wouter Lamberigts (Day 3)

Day 4: Driver Development
Connor O'Heagan

Did the results for my team for the October 6-9 test get posted to the wiki? I hope you didn't forget that I was scheduled to run with them... :?
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Record wrote:"Nothing will change - Miguel Rocha"

The buyout from Fusion by the Lotto entrerprises came as a big surprise within the paddock. Despite the technical partnership started by the two teams, it came as a shock that Rocha is now the owner of the Fusion entry in ARWS.

"Nothing will change, at least, for the rest of the year". Couteau is still team principal, and will continue to within the team under that position, together with me. Hawkin is still our driver for 2019, while the second seat is open still to drivers, and Kazama will continue to drive until the end of the year for us.

Rocha announced that starting from 2019, the team will be called "Fusion Lotto Racing", with Lotto becoming the team's title sponsor. Nationality wise, the team will have its homebase in England, but it will keep the Belgian identity its known for.

Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Speedcafe wrote:Cassidy to drive for MRT

American Formula One superstar Dave Cassidy is to make his highly-anticipated debut in the AutoReject World Series for MRT at the Japanese Grand Prix. After the team's lead driver Alberto Cara was handed a one race ban for an incident involving Simpson's Alexey Buyvolov, the team was quick to secure the services of the Precision Motorsport driver amidst a public dispute between the two.

MRT Pierre Depault was gushing with praise for Cassidy, while also acknowledging the penalty assessed to Alberto.

"We won't appeal Alberto's penalty as we feel that it was a fair call," stated Depault. "It is what it is, and while it is a setback for us, we hope that Alberto will come back better than ever. That being said, having someone of Dave's natural ability available to us is a huge boon for us, and we look forward to working with him."

When asked about the rumours of Linari's true motives in MRT, Depault was quick to shut them down.

"All this talk about Linari wanting control is total hogwash," rebuked Depault. "Alessandro and I have been working extremely well since he came on board, and I look forward to continuing our relationship. The only people that can decide my future are myself and Daniel."
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Rejectsport wrote:Steele to Return for Final Two Races
After being benched for a lack of decent performances after the German Grand Prix, Nicolas Steele is set to return to RUF Blokkmonsta in place of Gregor Pascal for the Japanese and Chinese GPs at the end of the ARWS season. "I'm very greatful to be given another chance to drive in ARWS with Blokkmonsta. I had plenty of time to think over what went wrong and with a clear head I hope to give the team a good sendoff for the end of the season."

Team Owner Andrea Schnass pointed to the lack of performance for Gregor Pascal, the driver who replaced Steele, as the reason for the switch back to the American driver. "Pascal did not prove to be the magic replacement to our troubles, we never saw it that way, but the fact that he can't capitalize in qualifying nor in race concerns us. We hope that with Steele's racing expertise, and with a good rest and time to regain his bearings that he can give our team better race performances in these final two races."

Nicolas Steele's return to ARWS conflicts with his scheduled appearances for the newly formed Formula E World Championship, with Steele unable to make the first two races on November 4 and 25th respectively. eRUF Electric Racing Team has declined to comment thusfar on who will replace Steele for the first two weekends, though they confirm that they are in negotiations with several drivers to determine Steele's replacement.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Autosport wrote:Hawkin: "My time is now"

After a dismal string of four race retirements, Terry Hawkin has stated that the final two races of the year are the most important of his career.

"I'm bitterly disappointed with how the last few races have gone. I've made a real mess of the final third of the season, make no mistake." Hawkin told reporters.

"That said," continued the young Briton, "I'm still leading the championship and we still have a fantastic car. With Cara out of the next race my path is clear. I'll be doing everything I can to bring the title back to Fusion."

Hawkin also commented on the recent news that Lotto Racing will be taking over the Fusion team for 2019.

"I'm not concerned about the change in ownership at all. Lotto Racing are an extremely professional bunch of guys, and I had no intention of going back on my two year deal at Fusion. I'm really excited for next year. We're in a great position and there's no reason to doubt our potential."
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

RejectSport wrote:Pascal shocked with Blokkmonsta benching

Swiss ARWS driver Gregor Pascal was shocked to find out that he found out about his sacking from the Blokkmonsta team through the media, stating that he had been working well with the team up until this point. The former Rosenforth driver has struggled to match teammate Wouter Lamberigts during his stint with Blokkmonsta.

While he was happy with the team environment, Pascal noted that his struggles stemmed largely with the lack of development on the 2018 package.

"Of course I'm disappointed it's come to this, as I was happy in the team environment," lamented Pascal. "There was no warning from the team, and especially with only 2 races left in the season it's tough."

"Our performance isn't where it was earlier in the season as we've been simply unable to keep up the development race with the likes of USD, Mecha and Kamaha, which is why we're now struggling for results. For the team to put it all down to me is a rather unfair assessment of the situation."

Despite the setback, Gregor is optimistic about what the future holds for him, stating that he already has a contract with another team for next year.

"This doesn't change our 2019 plans in the slightest, as we already have something in place for next year." noted Pascal. "The team in question is in the middle of a rebuilding phase, and both myself and my backers are proud to be part of the process going forward. I aim to do the best I can for them."

While Pascal was coy to reveal exactly who he had signed for, rumours in the paddock have placed him driving for either Rob Lomas Racing or Peak Aeroracing Engineering next season.

AutoFiction wrote:ARWS WRAP: The Anglo-Mexican Standoff

The surprise buyout of the Fusion team by Lotto Racing has raised many eyebrows in the paddock, and might have opened a pandora's box of lawsuits as a result. The team had already signed Terry Hawkins and Tomo Kazama for the 2019 season as drivers, however Lotto Racing already had contracts in place with Jordan Davies and a hereunto unnamed driver, allegedly from the Voeckler Talent Troupe.

As a result, it's believed that Kazama's management team, Best In The World, has already filed an injunction to the ARWS Commission to block any potential sale of the team, while Kjellerup is expected to file a lawsuit against Lotto Racing on behalf of Davies for breach of contract. While the ARWS Commission has normally taken a hands-off approach with teams' internal affairs, the potential fallout of any Fusion-Lotto sale might force the Commission's hand before the season is out.

ARWS WRAP: Judas Falik giving Ardaoglu the kiss of death?

Kenan Ardaoglu and his manager Prince Falik continued to play hardball with all and sundry in the ARWS paddock as the Nigerian prince continues to find a home for his young protege. After successfully managing to sufficiently irritate all the top teams into not signing the young German, Falik has allegedly secured a contract with the Venturi team for 2019.

However, it's starting to look more and more likely that Ardaoglu has no intention of honouring the contract, at it's been reported from sources in the paddock that Falik is continuing to sell his services elsewhere. This coupled with Falik's previous track record has continued to raise the ire and suspicion of teams up and down the paddock, which might lead to the downfall of Ardaoglu's career before it truly begins.

ARWS WRAP: From Merida with Love

With the uncertainty surrounding the final outlook of the 2019 ARWS entry list, a consortium from Spain is allegedly preparing to make a bid for an entry spot for next year. The unnamed consortium has bought the old CR Motorsport facilities on the outskirts of Merida, and is expected to place an official application with the ARWS Commission in the coming weeks. While little is known about the consortium at this stage, it's rumoured that much of the funding has come from Chinese automotive companies looking to make a mark in the European Motorsport scene.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Dave Cassidy is a Regular Driver, just so you know Aerond.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Fuji will be run this Sunday before F1. Some teams are yet to spend some mandatory credits; namely RLR, Blokkmonsta, Fusion and Venturi (Kamaha is fixed)
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

2018 Japanese Grand Prix -- Fuji -- 3rd November 2018

VENUE: Fuji Speedway
Length: 4,563 m
Laps: 70

Weather:
Pre-Qualifying: Wet - 90%
Qualifying: Dry
Race: Dry

PRE-QUALIFYING

1. Marko Jantscher (NRE) -- 1.29.984
2. Nicolas Steele (Blokkmonsta) -- 1.31.582 (+1.598)

3. Jari Kekkonen (RLR) -- 1.32.123 (+2.139)
4. Danny van Rijkens (NRE) -- 1.32.484 (+2.500)
5. Shane Walsh (Gillet) -- 1.32.775 (+2.791)
6. Quentin Reatherson (PORE) -- 1.33.049 (+3.065)
7. Wouter Lamberigts (Blokkmonsta) -- 1.33.211 (+3.227)
8. David Neuberg (PORE) -- 1.33.416 (+3.432)

9. Daniel Martins (Aeroracing) -- 1.33.691 (+3.707)
10. Hansuke Shioya (Aeroracing) -- 1.34.412 (+4.428)
11. Miko Fäkkinen (RLR) -- 1.34.445 (+4.461)
12. Aurelien Moll (Gillet) -- 1.34.687 (+4.703)

** NRE will avoid Pre-Q at Race 18.

QUALIFYING

1. Terry Hawkin (Fusion) -- 1.17.013
2. Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen (Kjellerup) -- 1.17.678 (+0.665)
3. Phillippe Nicolas (MRT) -- 1.17.769 (+0.756)
4. Tomo Kazama (Fusion) -- 1.17.842 (+0.829)
5. Akira Yamamura (Kamaha) -- 1.17.884 (+0.871)
6. Dave Cassidy (MRT) -- 1.18.053 (+1.040)
7. Nick Nurmester (Kjellerup) -- 1.18.092 (+1.079)
8. Alexey Buyvolov (Simpson) -- 1.18.126 (+1.113)
9. Daniel Melville (Kamaha) -- 1.18.212 (+1.199)
10. Dan Greenlaw (Voeckler) -- 1.18.447 (+1.434)
11. Danny van Rijkens (NRE) -- 1.18.495 (+1.482)
12. Mark Dagnall (Jones) -- 1.18.528 (+1.515)
13. Shinobu Katayama (Venturi) -- 1.18.725 (+1.712)
14. Wouter Lamberigts (Blokkmonsta) -- 1.18.729 (+1.716)
15. Thomas de Bock (Voeckler) -- 1.18.855 (+1.842)
16. Diego Alvarez Torrente (Jones) -- 1.18.888 (+1.875)
17. Marko Jantscher (NRE) -- 1.18.926 (+1.913)
18. Jean-Luc Schiller (Simpson) -- 1.18.936 (+1.923)
19. Alessandro Lucarelli (Venturi) -- 1.19.254 (+2.241)
20. Naoki Shinjo (USD) -- 1.19.452 (+2.439)
21. Marco Bizzarri (USD) -- 1.19.479 (+2.466)
22. John Bean (Mecha) -- 1.19.496 (+2.483)
23. Jesus Plaza (Mecha) -- 1.19.878 (+2.865)
24. Jari Kekkonen (RLR) -- 1.19.885 (+2.872)
25. Nicolas Steele (Blokkmonsta) -- 1.19.973 (+2.960)
26. Miko Fäkkinen (RLR) -- 1.20.195 (+3.182)
DNQ. Quentin Reatherson (PORE) -- 1.21.478 (+4.465)
DNQ. David Neuberg (PORE) -- 1.21.606 (+4.593)

RACE

1. Terry Hawkin (Fusion) -- 1h 34m 24.439
2. Phillippe Nicolas (MRT) -- +39.712
3. Dave Cassidy (MRT) -- +46.616
4. Akira Yamamura (Kamaha) -- +1 Lap
5. Shinobu Katayama (Venturi) -- +1 Lap
6. Jean-Luc Schiller (Simpson) -- +1 Lap
7. Nick Nurmester (Kjellerup) -- +1 Lap
8. Danny van Rijkens (NRE) -- +1 Lap
9. Marco Bizzarri (USD) -- +2 Laps
10. Jesus Plaza (Mecha) -- +2 Laps
11. Miko Fäkkinen (RLR) -- +3 Laps
12. Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen (Kjellerup) -- +5 Laps *
13. Jari Kekkonen (RLR) -- +6 Laps *
DNF. Mark Dagnall (Jones) -- Transmission
DNF. Daniel Melville (Kamaha) -- Transmission
DNF. Alexey Buyvolov (Simpson) -- Engine
DNF. Naoki Shinjo (USD) -- Water Leak
DNF. Dan Greenlaw (Voeckler) -- Transmission
DNF. Alessandro Lucarelli (Venturi) -- Engine
DNF. Nicolas Steele (Blokkmonsta) -- Suspension
DNF. Thomas de Bock (Voeckler) -- Accident
DNF. Diego Alvarez Torrente (Jones) -- Accident
DNF. Tomo Kazama (Fusion) -- Transmission
DNF. John Bean (Mecha) -- Transmission
DNF. Marko Jantscher (NRE) -- Accident
DNF. Wouter Lamberigts (Blokkmonsta) -- Accident

DOTR: Dave Cassidy; Took a podium and helped MRT secure WCC on his debut!
ROTR: Blokkmonsta; One wonders why they bothered to come to Japan given their luck
Fastest Lap: Terry Hawkin (Fusion) -- 1.18.011

RACE VIDEO: https://youtu.be/QnPNahaitf0

ACHIEVEMENTS

Prison Break: NRE
The Pretender: PORE
Cameo: Blokkmonsta

*Terry Hawkin is given a race ban following two dangerous actions when rejoining the track on Laps 35 and 70*

*Thomas de Bock is given a suspended race ban for causing a collission with Diego Alvarez Torrente on Lap 23. Rejoined the track dangerously. Thomas de Bock is excluded from Round 18 as he was carrying a suspended race ban from Scandinavian GP *
DemocalypseNow

Re: ARWS '18 - Fuji Results P17

Post by DemocalypseNow »

RTBF wrote:De Bock contract rescinded by mutual consent

After an arduous season of occasional highs - albeit mostly lows - last year's AR World Series champion Thomas De Bock has left the Voeckler GPE team, with whom he has raced since April last year.

"Given Thomas De Bock is not available for selection at the final round of the season, and we have elected not to renew his contract for 2019, we have agreed to terminate his contract early," read a statement from the French team. "Doing so allows us both to focus completely on our plans for next season, especially Thomas, who will have the freedom to speak to other teams and sign on with them as quickly as possible."

It is a disappointing end to a short yet fruitful spell with the factory Renault squad, having won the ARWS title with them in his first season with the team in 2017.

"We would like to thank Thomas for his invaluable contribution to the team, and the huge success he has brought us by winning the World Drivers' Championship in 2017, along with continuing to be a team player in the far more difficult circumstances of this season."

His rookie team-mate for this season Dan Greenlaw was quick to pay tribute to the veteran Belgian driver, who finished ahead of his more esteemed team-mate for his first career ARWS win in Austria.

"It has been a great experience working alongside Thomas, and it is unfortunate to see him leaving so soon after I joined," he said. "I have learned a lot in the few months we have been working together, and I wish him all the best for the future."

Image Image
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Speedcafe wrote:Depault congratulates Hawkin on title win

MRT Team Principal Pierre Depault was the first to congratulate newly crowned ARWS champion Terry Hawkin on his title win after the Japanese Grand Prix. With his chief title rival, MRT's Alberto Cara, out of action at Fuji, the Fusion rookie took home the title with a dominating 6th win of the season.

"For a rookie, Terry has done an awesome job this year, and we tip our hats off to him," remarked Depault. "To become the youngest ever open-wheeler world champion is quite a feat, and Daniel wouldn't have been able to pick a better person to take the accolade from him."

Depault was similarly complementary of MRT's efforts during 2018, as the team took home its second WCC crown, cementing the team's status as one of the most successful in the ARWS' 9 year history.

"MRT have done an incredible job this year, and I'm proud of everyone's efforts," exclaimed Depault. "From Phillippe's early season run and Alberto's unquestionable pace, to Dave playing pinch hitter right at the end, everyone in the team has done their part. We've already broken several records this year including most points scored in a season and most podiums scored in a season, which underlines our consistency all season. While we didn't walk away with both titles, there's still much to celebrate for us back in Cologne once the season is over."

With regular driver Alberto Cara set to return for Macau, MRT head into the season finale as one of the favourites to add to their win tally to close out the season.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Auto Hebdo wrote:De Bock has no regrets; eyes move to Formula 1

Following the announcement of his departure from the Voeckler team one race before the end of the ARWS season, Thomas de Bock has stated that he has "no regrets about racing for Voeckler. They allowed me to finally show my full potential and win the title I always knew I had in me. It's a shame that our relationship suffered from this year's more difficult car, but it is what it is."

When questioned about his future, de Bock refused to elaborate much further, though he does not appear to be focusing on ARWS. "I've achieved everything I want to achieve in this series." he said. "I've been racing here for almost nine years, but if I can find another drive in a competitive team, I'd love to keep going. I'm only 32 after all! I'm not done with motorsport, but I could do with a change of scenery. I have some unfinished business in F1, too, so I'm keeping my options open."

Subscribe to Auto Hebdo Plus for a more in-depth interview.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Autosport wrote:Couteau: "I'm proud of Terry"

With his biggest title rival, Alberto Cara, sidelined for the Japan race due to a inccident at Buenos Aires, Terry Hawkin dominated the race at Fuji to take victory and the world driver's championship. All wasn't easy although, as Terry spinned twice during the race, and rejoined the track on both occasions. In the first, he rejoined the track without much problem except a diminishing gap to Bastian. On the second one, he reversed the back onto the track, which prompted the stewards to investigate the inccident.

"We were immediatelly notified Terry was under investigation", said Couteau. "I knew immediatelly what was going to happen. Terry had dominated the race, he would've win it regardless had he spinned on the final lap or not, and had reversed to the track. We received a notice MRT wanted a DSQ, and we were sad with how Pierre handled the business."

Of course, Terry wasn't disqualified, despite getting banned from the Macau race, which will see another driver step in for Fusion this year. "Terry did a mistake. Pierre also did a mistake, and apologized. We congratulate MRT on a phenomenal season. If Terry wasn't a phenomenal driver, they would have coasted with both titles! I'm proud of Terry and the team. They were great this season."

Regarding who'll replace Hawkin, Couteau answered quite fast. "Only one person can do what Terry can. We have sucessfully contacted AR3.5 driver Kenan Ardaoglu, and he accepted without hesitance!"

Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Autosport wrote:Hawkin labels debut title "just the beginning"

Newly-crowned ARWS champion Terry Hawkin has told reporters that his success marks only the start of what he anticipates will be a period of domination within the sport. The youngster clinched the title with a race to spare, having recently committed to driving with his Fusion team in 2019.

"It's an incredible feeling," Hawkin said, "at the start of the year I would have taken a string of podiums, maybe a win if circumstances fell our way. Let me be clear, we knew the car was going to be good, so we knew good results were a distinct possibility. But never in my wildest dreams did I think that I could walk in and win the title straight off the bat. What does that say about the rest of the competition? Myself and Cara have really set the standard for the future of ARWS. The rest of the boys are going to have to step up big time to do anything about it."

Hawkin was also keen to credit former boss Sammy Jones with having assisted his career. The two had a bitter falling out earlier in the year resulting in Hawkin ending his association with the Jones Racing Group team owner. But time has healed some of those wounds it seems as Hawkin stated,

"Look, Sammy is an arsehole, he says what he thinks and more often than not that ends up pissing off half the paddock. We both said things we shouldn't but what's happened has happened. I wouldn't have won the title this year in a Jones car, but nevertheless Sammy's organisation and expertise has got me to where I am today, and for that I'm incredibly grateful. He's done good things for many drivers in this sport, given chances to people and made careers for us. You can't underestimate the value of that."

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Aerond wrote:Fuji will be run this Sunday before F1. Some teams are yet to spend some mandatory credits; namely RLR, Blokkmonsta, Fusion and Venturi (Kamaha is fixed)

How many credits does Blokkmonsta have to spend? I see 0 right now on the Google Doc...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:
Aerond wrote:Fuji will be run this Sunday before F1. Some teams are yet to spend some mandatory credits; namely RLR, Blokkmonsta, Fusion and Venturi (Kamaha is fixed)

How many credits does Blokkmonsta have to spend? I see 0 right now on the Google Doc...

Budgets were already updated post-Fuji. You were too slow and missed the cut-off for spending the mandatory credits, and so lost them instead.

Image Image
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

ARWS 2019 Official Calendar -- FINAL!

1. 3/17 -- Australian GP - Adelaide
2. 3/24 -- New South Wales GP - Bathurst
3. 4/7 -- Pacific GP - Suzuka
4. 4/21 -- Italian GP -- Monza
5. 5/5 -- Morocco GP - Marrakech
6. 5/26 -- Canadian GP - Montreal
7. 6/2 -- ARWS Indy 500 Km - Indianapolis
8. 6/16 -- British GP - Brands Hatch
9. 6/30 -- Austrian GP - Red Bull Ring
10. 7/14 -- German GP - Norisring
11. 7/28 -- Scandinavian GP - As Fartway
12. 8/25 -- Belgium GP - Spa-Francorchamps
13. 9/8 -- Monaco GP
14. 9/29 -- South African GP - Phakisa
15. 10/13 -- Brazilian GP - Sao Paulo Indy
16. 10/20 -- Argentina GP - Buenos Aires
17. 11/10 -- Japanese GP - Fuji
18. 11/17 -- Chinese GP - Macau
Last edited by Aerond on 30 Aug 2016, 11:25, edited 4 times in total.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Biscione wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:

Budgets were already updated post-Fuji. You were too slow and missed the cut-off for spending the mandatory credits, and so lost them instead.

What actually happened was the Nurburgring test was added to Blokkmonsta's budget after Fuji, as it turns out both aerond and myself missed it the first time around. :oops:
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AutoFiction wrote:ARWS WRAP: End of an Era

The 2018 Japanese Grand Prix will go down in history as the final, inglorious chapter of Thomas de Bock's ARWS career. The F1RWRS original spun out of contention after an accident involving himself and Jones driver Diego Alvarez Torrente, earning himself a race ban for his troubles. His employers, Voeckler Grand Prix responded by not taking up their option on him for 2019, putting the former ARWS champion's tenure in the sport to an end.

De Bock's enforced retirement has removed one of the last remaining links the ARWS had to the original F1RWRS back in 2010, as he was the last driver on the grid that had started the first F1RWRS race. Since beginning as a splinter group from Formula One, the series has grown from strength to strength to become one of the largest spectator sports in the world. With Kamaha the last remaining bastion of the old-school F1RWRS series, it remains to be seen what the future holds for the category.

ARWS WRAP: Back home again in Indiana?

The announcement of the 2019 ARWS calendar has raised several eyebrows in the paddock, and may prove to be a contentious point over the upcoming off-season. The big surprise has been the ditching of both Phoenix and Long Beach in exchange for a return to the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway. After the event was ditched due to a highly-controversial and attrition-marred 2015 race at the track, the return has raised the ire of many teams in the paddock.

That might prove to be the least of the commission's worries however, as the Phoenix Grand Prix organisers are reportedly planning to file an application for a Federal Injunction against the event for 2019. The promoters of the Phoenix event claim that they had a valid contract to hold the sole ARWS race in the United States through to 2021, and had even considered moving the race to a Saturday twilight event for 2019. The shock move to ditch the event has reportedly left them furious, and may result in a messy battle to retain their spot on the calendar.

ARWS WRAP: The Tropican Job

Weeks after Italian Alessandro Linari joined Melrose Racing Team as a consultant, there's rumours abound that he has become a destabilising force within the MRT garage, with him and MRT Team Principal Pierre Depault butting heads over the future direction of the team. Linari has been pushing the Tropican agenda very heavily in the team since starting in August, and with the support of team owner Daniel Melrose, has begun to expand his influence in the team.

On the other hand, Depault has been the architect of the MRT revival since the saga of the 2016 season, and thus has much support amongst the subordinates of the team. While the team has won the constructors title for a second time this year, the fact that the team didn't walk away with the double like many expected them too will weigh heavily on the management team, and could see the situation potentially explode before the 2019 season commences.

ARWS WRAP: Need an employee fast? Use Adecco!

With the 2019 silly season far from over, many people are putting their hands up to whatever opportunity they can get to put themselves on the shop window for the rapidly dwindling list of available ARWS seats for next season. One of these seats rumoured to be filled already is the lead Aeroracing seat for 2019, which sources within the paddock report has been secured by Swiss driver Gregor Pascal with his significant Adecco backing. The team have had a huge fall from grace since being championship contenders in 2017, with rumours that major sponsor KPMG have failed to make a single payment this season.

While his future is apparently already secure, his backers Adecco, a noted Swiss recruitment agency, is keen to get Pascal into a seat for Macau. After being prematurely benched by Blokkmonsta, him and his manager have alledgedly been angling him for a temporary Rob Lomas drive to no avail. With several openings as a result of several suspensions however, many believe we may see the Swiss driver on the grid again before the year is out.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

motorsport.com wrote:Reatherson to let Kingfisher contract elapse

Plus One Kingfisher Racing's Quentin Reatherson will leave the British squad at the end of the season, citing the uncertainty over the team's future.

The Brit has endured a disappointing time with the Kingfisher outfit, and thanks to the lack of investment over the season has decided to cut his losses and look for a new team.

"I thank the team for the chance they've given me in ARWS, but I think the time is right to take my leave after Macau" said Reatherson.

"The team is operating on a skeleton crew. It feels like a funeral home, and nobody's sure whether there's going to be any investment in the team to get us to next year. I need to be racing, and it's got to the point where I need to look elsewhere to be sure of that."

Whilst Reatherson has reserve duties with the Jones team, the Brit is believed to be in talks with a number of teams down the grid.

if u want reatherson, hit me up fam
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Nicolas Steele wrote:It looks like we got pre-quali down at last, since Fuji is a pretty engine-heavy circuit, something the Blokkmonsta car is lacking. The race could have been better and the car remains a little too fragile. I don't know what Wouter was doing crashing out at turn 1: He still has qualifying pace, but it seems we still have work to do regarding race pace.

One race to go on the calendar, then my time as driver will be done for Blokkmonsta. I apologize for the lack of results this year but I hope that the team can build upon this learning year, hopefully becoming a permanent fixture on the grid.

Andrea Schnass wrote:Dammnit Wouter, we aren't going to get results if you keep crashing the car! We can only buy so many spare chassis...

We got one race to go, and being a city course it should be in our favor. Monaco was a dose of bad luck, and uncharacteristic of our strengths. Perhaps we can snatch a point for the finale? I'll still be crossing my fingers for that.

Autosport wrote:Blokkmonsta to send financial compensation to Pascal
In the aftermath of the sudden firing of Gregor Pascal from Blokkmonsta Grand Prix Team, the team annoucned a settlement with the driver, offering to pay for the races he would not do for the final two rounds of the season. "The situation turned out to be more of a mess than we thought, though there was poor communication on our end. We admit that we did not see Pascal as the magic solution for out development troubles, but we should not have given him such short notice. We hope that he accepts the financial compensation as an apology and wish him the best in whatever path he wishes to take in ARWS and elsewhere.

Subscribe to Autosport++++ to read the rest of the article!
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Autosport Extra wrote:Teams furious at pathetic Hawkin 'Free Holiday' penalty.

Team bosses up and down the pitlane were furious after Terry Hawkin won the race and the championship after two bouts of dangerous driving saw the Fusion driver get off with a one race ban. An team principal that does not wish to be named said "It is disgusting, Hawkin wins and rather then being disqualified so that he had to work at the final GP at macau, has been handed the championship and basically been told by the commission, "Oh don't worry about that dangerous driving you did as you left the track twice, just don't worry about the next race and have a nice holiday to celebrate.". What they should have done and I am sure a number of team principals will agree is that he should have been disqualified and made to work at winning the championship by racing in Macau. Sometimes the commission doesn't know what pot to piss in,". Another said, :"I think he should be disqualified and made to sit out the next GP too.". The commission have yet to return our phone calls.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Terry Hawkin, completely ragged at 2am the night after the race wrote:I'm not sure about the commission but I certainly know which pot I'm pissing in - this big f***ing trophy I got for winning the title. Ha!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Terry Hawkin, completely ragged at 2am the night after the race wrote:I'm not sure about the commission but I certainly know which pot I'm pissing in - this big f***ing trophy I got for winning the title. Ha!

Aurelien Moll wrote:And that's the story of how Terry Hawkin got disqualified from the season for putting the sport into disrepute.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Aurelien Moll wrote:And that's the story of how Terry Hawkin got disqualified from the season for putting the sport into disrepute.

Terry Hawkin wrote:You just...just...shhhhhut up, alright?

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

J.O.U.R.N.A.L. wrote:Mecha secures Nino Barlini for 2019 as team pushes for Sentul race

After a backroom deal with Astro Racing Group several months ago, Team Mecha Racing had made a public confirmation that the team have secured the services of Nino Barlini, which drove for AR3.5's Nebula Grand Prix, for 2019. The team have yet to make a decision on the second driver, although it is likely the team will retain the services of the team's first ever point-scorer John Bean, whose development have been described as "strength to strength". In addition, the team principal Mahmud Effendi has also announced it has pushed for plans for race in Sentul in the "near future". Effendi also admitted he considered a race in Lippo Formula Street Circuit, but failed to get support from the government of city of Tangerang, where the street circuit is located*.

*OOC translation: The Lippo street track doesn't exist for GP2, I know.

:)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Dan Greenlaw wrote:They say don't drink and drive, but Terry, dude, you drink like you drive - completely out of control! :pantano:

Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen wrote:If one more person at this party asks to pass the dutchie in front of me again, I'm going to lose my f***ing mind!!!

John Bean wrote:.....*SPLERGH*......uhhhhhh.....asdhoifdw.....Mecha? Contract? How long? 3 YEARS! YES! GIMME! Nononononon.....waaaaaaait.......I have a better idea.....LIFETIME CONTRACT! YES! We're going to Jakartaaaaaaaaaa, we're going to Jakartaaaaaaaaa.....

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Dan Greenlaw wrote:They say don't drink and drive, but Terry, dude, you drink like you drive - completely out of control! :pantano:

Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen wrote:If one more person at this party asks to pass the dutchie in front of me again, I'm going to lose my f***ing mind!!!

John Bean wrote:.....*SPLERGH*......uhhhhhh.....asdhoifdw.....Mecha? Contract? How long? 3 YEARS! YES! GIMME! Nononononon.....waaaaaaait.......I have a better idea.....LIFETIME CONTRACT! YES! We're going to Jakartaaaaaaaaaa, we're going to Jakartaaaaaaaaa.....

Nick Nurmester, somehow at the same party and quietly sipping from a 1-litre bottle of Estonian vodka wrote:Oh bathplug, I don't have a contract yet... better call Niko tomorrow.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

RejectSport wrote
Not What We Expected in Fuji

Union Saver Developments ended the ARWS's Japanese GP with almost all the team cursing. The team's director, Karl Lichter Shultz wasn't a happy man. "This race should've been better overall. While we knew that the KS-01 would have a disadvantage in Fuji's main straight, the setup for the inner loop could've help us. Sadly, a series of unfortunate events conspire against us."
Ahead of the ARWS last round at Macau, Shultz would be making USD's final driver change of the season. "Ashley Watkinson's help for the team has been huge. That's why we'll put him for the last round of the series, as to thank him. I've also wanted to thank Marco Bizzarri for his aid mid season, but quite honestly, we expected more of him".

Naoki Shinjo wrote

All the weekend work went to the trash can as soon as Lamberights thought it was a good idea to risk everything on the fist corner, blocking my way and sending me to the end of the line. And while we recovered with out good race setup, a water leak put me out for good.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Thomas de Bock, enjoying his 15th cold bottle of Leffe wrote:Can none of these noobs handle a bit of alcohol? *sigh* Let me fetch the bucket, John...

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Thomas de Bock, enjoying his 15th cold bottle of Leffe wrote:Can none of these noobs handle a bit of alcohol? *sigh* Let me fetch the bucket, John...

Marko Jantscher wrote:gbuehfue efbufehfuhgh ghuhrguhrughh ghuh

Diego Alvarez Torrente wrote:hey man...Marko...amigo...you okay man?

Marko Jantscher wrote:euryggfhghg...I feel...jrfhruhgruerughghghg...just...ufurfhuhghgh...sub-optimal...
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

2018 Chinese Grand Prix -- Macau -- 11th November 2018

VENUE: Guia Circuit
Length: 6,120 m
Laps: 52

Weather:
Pre-Qualifying: Dry
Qualifying: Wet - 95%
Race: Dry

PRE-QUALIFYING

1. Jesus Plaza (Mecha) -- 1.47.561
2. Daniel Martins (Aeroracing) -- 1.48.039 (+0.478)
3. Shane Walsh (Gillet) -- 1.48.111 (+0.550)
4. Wouter Lamberigts (Blokkmonsta) -- 1.48.277 (+0.716)
5. Aurelien Moll (Gillet) -- 1.48.406 (+0.845)

6. Miko Fäkkinen (RLR) -- 1.48.598 (+1.037)
7. Nicolas Steele (Blokkmonsta) -- 1.48.720 (+1.159)
8. Jari Kekkonen (RLR) -- 1.48.801 (+1.240)
9. John Bean (Mecha) -- 1.49.251 (+1.690)
10. Hansuke Shioya (Aeroracing) -- 1.49.335 (+1.774)

11. Quentin Reatherson (PORE) -- 1.50.928 (+3.367)
12. David Neuberg (PORE) -- 1.51.018 (+3.457)

QUALIFYING

1. Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen (Kjellerup) -- 2.00.439
2. Alberto Cara (MRT) -- 2.01.565 (+1.126)
3. Nick Nurmester (Kjellerup) -- 2.02.323 (+1.884)
4. Akira Yamamura (Kamaha) -- 2.02.799 (+2.360)
5. Daniel Melville (Kamaha) -- 2.02.805 (+2.366)
6. Phillippe Nicolas (MRT) -- 2.03.004 (+2.565)
7. Tomo Kazama (Fusion) -- 2.03.169 (+2.730)
8. Alexey Buyvolov (Simpson) -- 2.03.328 (+2.889)
9. Dan Greenlaw (Voeckler) -- 2.03.562 (+3.123)
10. Mark Dagnall (Jones) -- 2.03.882 (+3.443)
11. Daniel Martins (Aeroracing) -- 2.04.096 (+3.657)
12. Kenan Ardaoglu (Fusion) -- 2.04.137 (+3.698)
13. Diego Alvarez Torrente (Jones) -- 2.04.181 (+3.742)
14. Pippa Mann (Voeckler) -- 2.04.367 (+3.928)
15. Alessandro Lucarelli (Venturi) -- 2.04.444 (+4.005)
16. Wouter Lamberigts (Blokkmonsta) -- 2.04.657 (+4.218)
17. Danny van Rijkens (NRE) -- 2.04.730 (+4.291)
18. Naoki Shinjo (USD) -- 2.04.852 (+4.413)
19. Jean-Luc Schiller (Simpson) -- 2.05.378 (+4.939)
20. Shinobu Katayama (Venturi) -- 2.05.455 (+5.016)
21. Shane Walsh (Gillet) -- 2.05.463 (+5.024)
22. Marko Jantscher (NRE) -- 2.05.655 (+5.216)
23. John Bean (Mecha) -- 2.05.904 (+5.465)
24. Jesus Plaza (Mecha) -- 2.06.222 (+5.783)
25. Nicolas Steele (Blokkmonsta) -- 2.06.383 (+5.944)
26. Hansuke Shioya (Aeroracing) -- 2.06.744 (+6.305)
DNQ. Aurelien Moll (Gillet) -- 2.07.314 (+6.875)
DNQ. Ashley Watkinson (USD) -- 2.07.912 (+7.473)

RACE

1. Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen (Kjellerup) -- 1h 36m 04.089
2. Nick Nurmester (Kjellerup) -- +16.367
3. Tomo Kazama (Fusion) -- +41.407
4. Kenan Ardaoglu (Fusion) -- +1.13.822
5. Marko Jantscher (NRE) -- +1 Lap
6. Danny van Rijkens (NRE) -- +1 Lap
7. Jesus Plaza (Mecha) -- +2 Laps
DNF. Shinobu Katayama (Venturi) -- Accident
DNF. Phillippe Nicolas (MRT) -- Transmission
DNF. Jean-Luc Schiller (Simpson) -- Accident
DNF. Hansuke Shioya (Aeroracing) -- Engine
DNF. Shane Walsh (Gillet) -- Accident
DNF. Pippa Mann (Voeckler) -- Accident
DNF. Alexey Buyvolov (Simpson) -- Transmission
DNF. Naoki Shinjo (USD) -- Suspension
DNF. Akira Yamamura (Kamaha) -- Oil Leak
DNF. Alberto Cara (MRT) -- Accident
DNF. Alessandro Lucarelli (Venturi) -- Accident
DNF. John Bean (Mecha) -- Accident
DNF. Daniel Martins (Aeroracing) -- Transmission
DNF. Diego Alvarez Torrente (Jones) -- Accident
DNF. Wouter Lamberigts (Blokkmonsta) -- Accident
DNF. Mark Dagnall (Jones) -- Engine
DNF. Daniel Melville (Kamaha) -- Accident
DNF. Nicolas Steele (Blokkmonsta) -- Accident
DNF. Dan Greenlaw (Voeckler) -- Accident

DOTR; Marko Jantscher, Had to stop after 1st lap for a fresh wing and ended up in the points. Great recovery Job
ROTR; Diego Alvarez Torrente; Not only he banged Greenlaw's Voeckler, but he wasn't happy until he crashed himself out of the race
Fastest Lap Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen (Kjellerup) -- 1.46.591

ACHIEVEMENTS

PRISON BREAK: Gillet
START N' PARKED: PORE
BY THE SKIN OF THEIR TEETH: RLR
CAMEO: Voeckler
THE CHOKE: MRT
EXIT STAGE WINDOW: Venturi
OHAI MANFRED: NRE, Venturi

RACE VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA8BCE73qgE&feature=youtu.be
DemocalypseNow

Re: ARWS '18 - Macau LIVE

Post by DemocalypseNow »

L'Equipe wrote:Voeckler announce Phillippe Nicolas signing for 2019

In the early evening following the conclusion of the final race of the ARWS season at Macau, Voeckler-Renault presented their quartet of race and reserve drivers for the upcoming season, with the headline news of acquiring Phillippe Nicolas to replace the outgoing Thomas De Bock.

"We are enthralled to have signed a driver of such a high calibre and experience as Phillippe," enthused team prinicipal Frédéric-Maxime Voeckler. "Since the moment we started looking into the possibility of entering the AR World Series, Nicolas has been at the top of our list of candidates we wanted to see as part of our team, so to finally have got our man is a great joy, and a great relief."

Nicolas meanwhile alluded to needing a change of scenery, and the attraction of potentially winning titles with a Gallic team.

"I would like to thank Daniel [Melrose] and MRT for all the support they have given me over the years. With the situation as it is though, we felt it was time for a change, and I felt my best chances to win the title I've dreamed of for years was elsewhere. Voeckler is a team that is as hungry for success as I am, and with the might of Renault behind usk, I would love nothing more than to bring AWRS success to my fellow countrymen."

Despite suffering a massive dip in form in the second half of the season, having initially been a title contender early in the year, Voeckler dismissed concerns they were signing a driver who was reaching the twilight of his career.

"The dip in form later in the year doesn't concern us at all," said Voeckler. "You have to frame it in the perspective of the driver. As he just explained there, he felt the need for chance. When you have been a a team for a long time, given it your all, and it still doesn't work, it can be frustrating. It's natural to not be at 100% in that situation."

"This is an exciting new challenge for the both of us. I'm sure Phillippe will agree with me that in general, when you start a new project like there, there is a real buzz of excitement, a new injection of motivation and desire, and that combined with his permanent qualities gives us an excellent chance of succeeding."

The conference also saw the team's test and reserve lineup being confirmed for next year, with former series champion Pippa Mann continuing as Reserve Driver, whilst the team's AR 3.5 prodigy Mineiro was handed the role of Development Driver.

"I'm really excited by this opportunity," said the young Brazilian. "I have to thank the team for the faith they are showing me with this role. Of course the number one focus is on 3.5, to try and win the title there, but to have the chance to drive a top formula car at the same time is a fantastic bonus to have, a real motivation to continue to succeed."

Autosprint wrote:Only 'final details' remain for Bean renewal

John Bean is only a few minor details away from securing a one year extension to his Mecha Racing contract, with his current deal up in only a few weeks time.

Bean has taken full advantage of his rapidly increasing profile in the team's home country of Indonesia, securing sponsorship from KFC Indonesia to help improve his chances of securing an extension.

"Now with the backing of Jagonya Ayam, the renewal should be quite straightforward," Bean said. "I'm really happy to have the guys on board, and the first priority is to continue with Mecha next season."

"Our requirements have been made clear, the offer has been made, the only thing left to do is wait and confirm the signature on their side, and the deal is done."

Bean made history for the Indonesian team in Argentina, scoring Mecha's first ever world championship point with a sixth placed finish in Buenos Aires last month.

De Telegraaf wrote:We must win title next year, says van Nieuwenhuijzen

After yet another race win in the Macau season finale, Dutchman Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen already has his sights firmly set in 2019, rather than revelling in his pace-setting form in the second half of this year's championship.

"Given the way we have finished the season, we must win the title next year," said the Maaskantje native. "If you break down the statistics, we managed a 50% win rate from the time I joined the team. Over the course of a season, that means 90 points, before even considering other points scoring finishes. As far as I'm aware, nobody has even managed 90 points in a single year before, not even Dagnall at the height of his form."

"Based on the simple maths, the title is ours to lose. We have caught and passed Fusion in the development race. Our chassis design is a year's newer than theirs, but with the same engine package. There's no point playing down our chances, as it would just validate failure if I make a mistake."

The Kjellerup driver was quick to dismiss any notion of his comments being bullish or overconfidence, suggesting it was merely a sensible reflection of his team's progress over the last 6 months.

"From where the team started the year, to where it finished, it's the biggest gain any team has made in terms of competitiveness in the course of a single year. We've seen teams like Fusion and Voeckler make these changes during an off-season, when they've torn everything down and started from scratch, but to do it mid-season is simply incredible."

"If you look at that development pace, and where it's gotten us, you have to be serious and accept this is a perfect opportunity. The team has prepared a technical package to get the job done, now it's on me to deliver on the excellent work they've done."

Bookies have him tied with his new team-mate for next year, Mark Dagnall, for championship honours in 2019, placing him at 1/2, just ahead of MRT's Alberto Cara and Terry Hawkin for Fusion.

La Gazzetta dello Sport wrote:Lucarelli linked to NRE, Kamaha, or Formula 1

Alessandro Lucarelli appears to be looking for a new team for the third time in 18 months. The Parma native looks to be on the way out of Venturi, having only moved there mid-season after being replaced at Kjellerup by Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen.

The French squad are said to have agreed a deal with Fusion's Macau sub, and AR 3.5 champion Kenan Ardaoglu, and will reputedly renew the contract of veteran ARWS driver Shinobu Katayama, leaving Lucarelli scrambling for options to continue his single seater career.

His most likely destination is expected to be Nurminen GP, who have hired and fired a number of underperforming pay-drivers, including the likes of Gregor Pascal, Martin McFry, and current second driver Danny van Rijkens. With the latter currently out of contract, and little to suggest they intend to renew his deal, they could well turn to Lucarelli and his Parmalat money to fill the seat in 2019.

Another driver looking set to drop their current pay-driver is Kamaha, who has seen their income-supported youngster Daniel Melville taken to the cleaners by his new team-mate Akira Yamamura. With Melville reputedly losing his backing at the end of the year, there is little incentive to keep him on, and so a more proven driver with a steadier income stream like Lucarelli could be an attractive option to partner with quick, if underfunded, Yamamura.

Lastly, his management are said to be in discussions with teams outside of the AR World Series altogether. His main option outside of the championship is a reserve role with Precision Mercedes, who will give their blessing to keep his racing skills sharp with a road-course only program with Dale Coyne Racing in IndyCar.

Tuttosport wrote:Bizzarri admits 'time is up' on ARWS career

Torinese pilot Marco Bizzarri has conceded defeat in extending his stay in the AR World Series, admitting he is out of options for next season, and is looking to sportscars to continue his racing career.

"I'm disappointed my time at the top level of single seaters has ended this way, but the writing was on the wall a few months ago," he said. "When Revolution started to struggle, when less people started showing up to the factory every day, and we had to start paying for our own flights, that it was the beginning of the end."

"I struggled to make my way to the top, but the Revolution guys believed in me, and in my abilities. If the gearbox hadn't packed in at Monaco last year, maybe things would be different. Myself and the team would both have a podium to their names, and maybe that would have helped keep the team alive."

Bizzarri suggested his problems were mainly derived from a lack of knowledge of the USD package, and that it wasn't the most user-friendly car on the grid.

"USD was far from ideal. The car was okay, but wasn't as nice to drive as the Revolution. It took some adjusting to, and I never really got the right feeling for it. Just look at how much Watkinson struggled when he took my place. The guys work hard, this is for certain, but it's difficult to make a car that's both fast and driveable."

"When you do a whole pre-season with the team and the car, even if the working window is small, you can still adjust well enough to it like Naoki [Shinjo] did. For me, there was not so much chance."

In terms of his immediate future, Bizzarri admitted his future lay away from single seaters, and was specifically targeting sportscars for next year.

"I think sportscars are the way to go for me. I can't afford to do Formula 1, as it costs more money per season than ARWS. Sportscars is much cheaper to race in, and the grid in the FIA series is expanding further for next season, so I think I will find something good there. It's too early to say what will happen, but that is the focus, and I'm confident I'll find a great team, a competitive team, to race for there."

Image Image
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

7 cars finished, and we're the only one not to score a point. What a choke. :(
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Fusion.com wrote:Not good enough - Jacques Couteau

We knew that without Terry Hawkin it would be a hard day in the saddle for us. He's the heart and soul of this team when we go out on track, and it's to him we must thank for our incredible season.

When we realised Basti and Nicolas were on 3 stoppers, we believed there was a chance of Kazama at least getting 2nd on the race, but then, in usual way, the japanes driver made a mistak. She did 3 mistakes across the race that costed her the chance of fighting Nurmester for 2nd. 3rd place is still her best result with the team, and we announce that Kazama won't be with Fusion next year. We thank her for her services and wish her all the luck in the world for future racing.

In the other car, Ardaoglu did a solid job, despite disappointing us a bit. He never seemed confortable with the car's front end, and kept complaining about understeer problems. This might have been due to the car beeing built around Hawkin's driver style, but Kenan was able to at least bring the car home in 4th place, despite a few mistakes along the way. He gave good technical feedback across the weekend, and we expect to see him on the ARWS grid next year. But not with Fusion Lotto.

Thus, the conclusion of 2018 was upon us. We won the driver's title in only our second attempt, but we lost the development race to Kjerellup as the season went on. We'll be working a lot on the off-season to improve our chassis further to bring the best out in both our drivers next year, as our goal next year is to win both titles, and continue to bring sucess to the squad, now with support from Lotto Racing, who bring some incredible engineers to work with us from the Calinetic team in F1.

Regarding drivers, we have confirmed Terry Hawkin as our lead driver for 2019, but who'll be alongside him next year, we can't disclose just yet. Stay tuned on our twitter account and website for future news.

Regards,