ARWS '18 - Vote for ROTY!!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

ARWS '18 - Vote for ROTY!!

Post by Aerond »

Season overview: http://formularejects.com/wiki/2018_Formula_1_Rejects_World_Race_Series_season

Budgets:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WIOFX_F3vw8q6ARYDN3c51Ozsx3mtuI9bHtgQqhtEvY

Engines:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p6yVldaL5OFHU7LtxpuwteBu1tHwrCzlL_52bcooVJk

Achievement list:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KStYXnt-m0gsjp45csz81BxvU2M4pF-ngc6WbHg1Bc0

Welcome to another season of ARWS! Thanks for being patient on the wait up to this exciting new season of the series. Here's what's new this season:

RULES NEWS

- WE HAVE NEW ENGINES; they will be posted up here very soon; as some of you know; engines are now new every three years; they're also more powerful. Manufacturer teams can decide for the direction of engine stats and development. The only other advantage manufacturer teams have now is they get the latest upgrade earlier. There are now 8 upgrades per engine (except for Great Wall), one available before race 1, then after races 4, 9 and 13. Price is the same for both manufacturer and non-manufacturer teams. Manufacturer teams also commit to the same engine for three seasons.

- NEW TIRE MODEL; Tires are now FREE and will have no variation on stats; each manufacturer will have one special characteristic which can be got for a number of credits.

Every special tire costs 60 credits per season;

MICHELIN; +200 Grip in Rain / + 500 (negative) RGR
BRIDGESTONE; -500 (positive) RGR / - 200 Grip in Qualifying
DUNLOP; - 1500 Reliability (Positive) / - 200 Grip in Rain
PIRELLI; + 150 Grip in Qualifying / - 150 Grip in Race
GOODYEAR; + 150 Grip in Race / + 1500 Reliability (Negative)

** You can't choose a tire manufacturer and switch to another mid-season; however, you can upgrade to Specials anytime. However, the 60 credit fee is to be paid any time and will not be discounted.

- NEW IN-SEASON CREDITS SYSTEM; We've followed Biscione's proposal to have a sort of achievements system. These will be posted very soon.

- PAY DRIVER RATES;

Tier 1 -- 0 (DNQ) / 10
Tier 2 -- 0 (DNQ) / 10
Tier 3 -- 10 (DNQ) / 20
Tier 4 -- 10 (DNQ) / 20

- TV CREDITS (Conditions remain as previous season; just numbers change)

2nd - 10th -- 400 crdts
11th - 15th -- 350 crdts
16th - 20th -- 300 crdts

- Earn 2 Credits per piece of news story (Post 1 news story in-between races and earn 2 Credits; Max 5 per race cycle) - . Each piece must be minimum 50 words and be coherent to be valid. No credits will be awarded before race 1 and after race 18. Period of points allocation is between post of race results and post of pre-qualifying results of the following round.

- CHECK IN RULE: All team owners must post at least once every 4 races; Failing to do so will mean inmediately losing your entry.

Clarifications:

1. Tyres -- Teams that bought Premium tyres can switch back and forth to Standard tyres as desired. Only one change between race weekends is allowed; with one extra change allowed in Pre-Season.

2. Mechanical Sympathy -- You can decide how much you want to extract from your car. There're five levels; default level being 4. Level 5 means you get more power but reliability decreases. And levels 3 and below produce the contrary effect. Only one change between race weekends allowed.

CALENDAR

- PRE-SEASON TEST #1 -- Jerez
- PRE-SEASON TEST #2 -- Estoril

1. 11/3 -- AUSTRALIAN GP -- Adelaide http://gprejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7534&start=160#p347443
2. 18/3 -- NEW SOUTH WALES GP -- Bathurst http://gprejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7534&start=160#p347827
3. 8/4 -- ITALIAN GP -- Monza http://gprejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7534&start=240#p350317
4. 22/4 -- MOROCCO GP -- Marrakech http://gprejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7534&start=240#p351578
5. 13/5 -- CALIFORNIA GP -- Long Beach -- http://gprejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7534&start=280#p355257
6. 20/5 -- UNITED STATES GP -- Phoenix -- http://gprejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7534&start=320#p355707
7. 3/6 -- CANADIAN GP -- Toronto
8. 24/6 -- BRITISH GP -- Brands Hatch

YDT - Paul Ricard

9. 8/7 -- AUSTRIAN GP -- Red Bull Ring
10. 15/7 -- GERMAN GP -- Norisring
11. 29/7 -- SCANDINAVIAN GP -- Ås Fartway
12. 2/9 -- BELGIAN GP -- Spa
13. 9/9 -- MONACO GP -- MonteCarlo
14. 30/9 -- SOUTH AFRICAN GP -- Welkom
15. 14/10 -- BRAZILIAN GP -- Sao Paulo Indy
16. 21/10 -- ARGENTINA GP -- Buenos Aires
17. 4/11 -- JAPANESE GP -- Fuji
18. 11/11 -- GRAND PRIX OF MACAU

----------

Points allocation remains the same.

WAITING LIST -as of 8th September 2016-

1. Miguel98
2. peteroli34
3. FantometteBR
4. Novitopoli
5. Klon
6. RDD
7. gonzalez
8. Ataxia
Last edited by Aerond on 08 Sep 2016, 19:15, edited 72 times in total.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
FantometteBR

Re: AUTO REJECT WORLD SERIES '18 (FORMERLY F1RWRS)

Post by FantometteBR »

I might have a try about joining the waiting list
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

With the thread up, this means I can once again begin to pester for liveries. You don't have to do it right now, but once you've got your livery idea sorted out drop me a message and I'll sort something out for you for both GP2 and the spotters' guide. I've reworked some of Turbogirl's templates so they differ a little from last season.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Love the idea of credits for news stories! That will spice things up a bit! ;)

And because why not...

Autosport wrote:New Jones Car Goes Radical

Autosport can exclusively reveal that the 2018 Jones ARWS car will turn a few heads when it is launched in two weeks' time. Previews of the car were leaked from the factory this morning, confirming that the car will not feature a conventional roll-hoop and airbox above the driver's head. Instead, the air intakes have been moved lower, and incorporated into the driver's head protection. The estimated loss of six to eight inches in height at this point of the car opens up huge potential for cleaner airflow to a revised rear wing. Full details of the car are expected in the next two weeks, once the team has confirmed its tyre supply deal.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Tyres have been added
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Autosport wrote:Kjellerup slams ARWS commission for late rule change

Mattias Kjellerup has expressed severe disappointment over the ARWS commission's plans to change the rules for pay-driver money.

"You simply can't do that that close to the start of the season. We had made our plans based on the money Nick and Alessandro were going to bring to the team, and now the commission steps in and tells us they can only give us half as much. This will have an impact on our plans."

Kjellerup Racing had signed paying drivers Nick Nurmester and Alessandro Lucarelli for their debut season, in order to complete their new car mid-season. It is expected that the new chassis will be delayed by the new regulations.

"I understand Commonwealth's decision now," Kjellerup said. "It's impossible to make any long-term plans with this kind of unpredictable management."

However, he made clear that the team would not follow Commonwealth in their decision to pull out of ARWS.

"Our plans are far too advanced to do that. It would be unfair to Alessandro and Nick, and to everyone else involved in this project. Also, unlike Commonwealth, we aren't involved in Formula 1, so we have no other option but to compete in ARWS if we want to be in top-level single-seater racing."
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Aerond wrote:Tyres have been added

So to clarify, we get tyres for free, and if we pay 60cr we get the special characteristics of that manufacturer for the whole season?

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

AndreaModa wrote:
Aerond wrote:Tyres have been added

So to clarify, we get tyres for free, and if we pay 60cr we get the special characteristics of that manufacturer for the whole season?

Exactly
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Do we have an updated finances and engine/chassis status yet? :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Just asking for clarification about the 1 cr. per news post rule. Does it have to be about my team, or would an article about Fushida also earn me 1 cr.?
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

pi314159 wrote:Just asking for clarification about the 1 cr. per news post rule. Does it have to be about my team, or would an article about Fushida also earn me 1 cr.?

As long as is done by you, it can be about whatever ARWS related you want.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Can someone clarify how classifying pay drivers will work? With such a change late in the season I'm now unsure about how we reclassify all of the signed drivers, since most of the field already has their drivers decided.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:Can someone clarify how classifying pay drivers will work? With such a change late in the season I'm now unsure about how we reclassify all of the signed drivers, since most of the field already has their drivers decided.

It does not change. The rule has always been "once a driver is nominated a pay driver or regular driver, they are locked into that choice permanently."

There is an exception to that rule for pay-drivers with a certain level of success who can be converted to regular drivers, but I believe only Alexey Buyvolov and Ron Mignolet qualify for it.

So for your team, you do nothing. You signed Steele (regular driver), and Lamberigts (pay driver). The DEC holder decides which of the two each driver will be. So for example, you have the following people that need to publicly declare their choices;

Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen (Biscione) - already declared as regular driver
Terry Hawkin (AndreaModa)
Shane Walsh (tristan1117)
John Bean (Biscione)
Kazuki Fushida (pi3141) - I believe was already declared as a pay driver
Nick Nurmester (Nuppiz)
Akira Yamamura (HawkAussie)
Naoki Shinjo (SeedStriker)

I imagine Hawkin and Nurmester will be regular drivers and Shinjo will be a pay-driver, but we wait still for confirmation from the respective DEC holders of what will happen to all these drivers (especially Walsh, Bean and Yamamura where the outcome is a complete mystery still).

So to answer your question, there is no reclassifying of any kind. Status is locked in permanently from Day One.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Biscione wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:Can someone clarify how classifying pay drivers will work? With such a change late in the season I'm now unsure about how we reclassify all of the signed drivers, since most of the field already has their drivers decided.

It does not change. The rule has always been "once a driver is nominated a pay driver or regular driver, they are locked into that choice permanently."

There is an exception to that rule for pay-drivers with a certain level of success who can be converted to regular drivers, but I believe only Alexey Buyvolov and Ron Mignolet qualify for it.

So for your team, you do nothing. You signed Steele (regular driver), and Lamberigts (pay driver). The DEC holder decides which of the two each driver will be. So for example, you have the following people that need to publicly declare their choices;

Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen (Biscione) - already declared as regular driver
Terry Hawkin (AndreaModa)
Shane Walsh (tristan1117)
John Bean (Biscione)
Kazuki Fushida (pi3141) - I believe was already declared as a pay driver
Nick Nurmester (Nuppiz)
Akira Yamamura (HawkAussie)
Naoki Shinjo (SeedStriker)

I imagine Hawkin and Nurmester will be regular drivers and Shinjo will be a pay-driver, but we wait still for confirmation from the respective DEC holders of what will happen to all these drivers (especially Walsh, Bean and Yamamura where the outcome is a complete mystery still).

So to answer your question, there is no reclassifying of any kind. Status is locked in permanently from Day One.

Well, that's not exactly like that; DEC can convert their pay-drivers into regular drivers anytime, but that can't be reversed. We had ongoing talks about making successful pay drivers forcefully become regular drivers; but it never went anywhere.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Fushida obviously is a pay driver.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

And Hawkin is obviously a regular driver.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Yamamura is going to be a regular driver.
Officially Retired
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Aerond wrote:- Earn 2 Credits per piece of news story (Post 1 news story in-between races and earn 2 Credits; Max 5 per race cycle) - 1 post is equal to 1 piece of news, regardless the number of different stories within the post. It must be minimum 50 words and be coherent to be valid. No credits will be awarded before race 1 and after race 18. Period of points allocation is between post of race results and post of pre-qualifying results of the following round.

I dunno what everyone else makes of this, but I'm not particularly thrilled at the prospect of some people making 5 posts in between each race. If the stories are clearly distinct from each other, what's the issue?
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Salamander wrote:
Aerond wrote:- Earn 2 Credits per piece of news story (Post 1 news story in-between races and earn 2 Credits; Max 5 per race cycle) - 1 post is equal to 1 piece of news, regardless the number of different stories within the post. It must be minimum 50 words and be coherent to be valid. No credits will be awarded before race 1 and after race 18. Period of points allocation is between post of race results and post of pre-qualifying results of the following round.

I dunno what everyone else makes of this, but I'm not particularly thrilled at the prospect of some people making 5 posts in between each race. If the stories are clearly distinct from each other, what's the issue?

This indeed. I misread the original statement. This I won't allow on the forum. The rule has to be changed, it is a requirement. If anything, credits should be docked for splitting 5 stories into 5 posts. We are trying to discourage this sort of thing.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Yeah, let's just say something like 2cr per story, capped at a maximum of 2 in between each race. Any more than that won't count.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AndreaModa wrote:Yeah, let's just say something like 2cr per story, capped at a maximum of 2 in between each race. Any more than that won't count.

But then this is what I was talking about. Balance. That's perhaps too little incentive to try. 2cr per story to a max of 5 is fine. Nothing wrong with this, it's a better balance than 1/10 was (too much effort for too little reward) or 2/2 (not worth the effort perhaps).

I will change the wording.

Image Image
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Well, chassis transactions can be done now :)
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Engine market opens 11:59PM Spain time on Friday 31st July; First come first served!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Autosport wrote:MRT sign Dunlop as Title Sponsor

The speculation about Melrose Racing Team's ARWS program ended earlier today with the announcement that Dunlop will become the title sponsor for 2018. The deal, believe to be for this season only, was struck at the 11th hour at a chance meeting between team commercial manager Luke Depault and Dunlop at an ARNC event in South Africa.

"Having been a loyal customer of Dunlop for the last two years, it's a great achievement for us to cement our relationship with a title sponsorship deal" announced MRT Team Principle Pierre Depault. When asked about what this would mean for the competition, Depault was quick to allay any suspicions about the deal. "In the interest of fairness, the Commission has requested this deal be monetary-only, so there shouldn't be any issues with tyres and the like."

While the deal has sealed MRT's short-term future in the sport, the long-term plans of the team are still up in the air, with BMW confirming their withdrawal at the end of this season several months before. A decision from MRT team owner Daniel Melrose is expected before the American races in June.

Translation: MRT will buy the Dunlop special tyres for 60 credits. For the livery, it'll be the same as last year except with the Dunlop and PDVSA logos swapped around on the car.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Aerond wrote:Well, chassis transactions can be done now :)

But how do I buy a chassis from a defunct team? I'm interested in buying former Autodynamics or Sunshine chassis. :)

Which means that the worst ARWS chassis is now up for sale for a bargain price of 100 credits, although it would probably end up on scrap.
Last edited by FMecha on 26 Jul 2015, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

RejectSport wrote:Blokkmonsta in Negotiations with Pirelli for ARWS Tire Contract

Earlier today Andrea Schnass was spotted at the Pirelli ARWS tire centre with his typical entourage. Schnass declined to comment on the reason for the visit, but a later press release revealed that Blokkmonsta is in negotiations with Pirelli to be a tire supplier for the team for the Auto Rejects World Series. "We are hopeful that Pirelli will be willing to let a rookie team use their tires to take their first steps in a top-tier level of motorsport. With the brand's experience with tire development in Formula 1 we are confident that their premium tire compound will bring results for our team."

Full Story to Follow

Blokkmonsta wishes to buy the premium Pirelli tires for 60 credits.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Fusion will stick with Dunlops for 2018. We'll stick with the default tyres for now.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Gauthier will run special Dunlop tyres in 2018.
Everything's great.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Autosport wrote:2018 Pitlane Cup Draw
For the third year running, Kamaha despite their problems are organising the third football (soccer to our Ameican readers) Pit lane Cup. Teams are made up of drivers, principals, mechanics, engineers, fans, catering staff and even the PR girlies.

Current champions Rob Lomas Racing will be hoping to defend their title but Voeckler will want to get back the cup and get into their third straight final.

The competition is not without controversy, HRT got into a dispute with catering staff after they took part against the wishes of the killjoy HRT management and Gauthier threaten to sue (and ultimately just threw a tantrum) Kamaha for trademark infringement after they read the riot act to their staff not to enter but some (unfit and overweight) Gauithier fans formed a team who went on to win the wooden spoon for worst team.

Group A
Rob Lomas Racing
Nurimen
Jones
Kjellerup
Peak Aeroracing

Group B
MRT
Blokkmonsta
Kingfisher
Simpson
Gauthier

Group C
Voeckller
Revolution
Mecha
Rosenforth
Venturi

Group D
Kamaha
USD
Fusion
Tassie
Gillet

Matches to be play during the first official testing in Jerez.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

FMecha wrote:
Aerond wrote:Well, chassis transactions can be done now :)

But how do I buy a chassis from a defunct team? I'm interested in buying former Autodynamics or Sunshine chassis. :)

Which means that the worst ARWS chassis is now up for sale for a bargain price of 400 credits, although it would probably end up on scrap.

You can't; defunct team chassises go to chassis heaven :geek:
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen wrote:Gauthier is a little less anti-football these days! I like to pretend I'm like Neuer, a ball-playing goalie...my height helps me with this, for sure! But in the Gauthier team as a whole...I was speaking to Marjolein [Postma, AR 2.0 driver] and she talked to me a little bit about Hernan Aguilar, who just signed with the team for the junior series. Apparently he played some youth football for a big pro club there! I think it was called Nacional or something like this...anyway, it sounds like he's flight of foot and it could be fun to play with him in this tournament!

Image Image
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Autosport wrote:Mori in desperate measures to claim Sunshine ownership
Barii Mori sent a letter to the ARWS management stating that he still owns a share of the Sunshine F1RWRS team and is claiming their chassis. It stems back to the 2012 season when Mori was part of a consortium which helped Nissan purchase the Australian Minardi team which was renamed Sunshine, at the end of the 2013 season Mori owned Kamaha, FAT Turbo Racing and had a controlling hand in Sunshine.

The comission passed a rule that no team owner could own more then a single team. FAT Turbo racing was sold (nee given) to Hagane Shizuka and now run as Revolution and Sunshine were sold to a portugese consortium, however Mori kept 10% of the ownership.. Sunshine after a bright start where Shinobu Katayama won races and was one of the first drivers to get a hat trick went downhill and after a few years of struggling were wound down.

Mori is going to try to battle to get the chassis so that he can use it in the Kamaha team as the current chassis is not the greatest and with less then 80 credits to spend after engine costs they are in a desperate situation. We wait for the comissions responce.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

SuperAguri wrote:Gauthier threaten to sue (and ultimately just threw a tantrum) Kamaha for trademark infringement after they read the riot act to their staff not to enter but some (unfit and overweight) Gauithier fans formed a team who went on to win the wooden spoon for worst team

Guillaume Gauthier wrote:Because we 'ave more important things to do, and do not appreciate our trademark being used without permission, this is a tantrum? I 'ave half a mind to sue your ridiculous publication for libel and slander!

Either way, I think you'll find none played for Gauthier last year save our MVP, A Particularly Strong Breeze. :P
Everything's great.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Aerond wrote:Engine market opens 11:59PM Spain time on Friday 31st July; First come first served!

Judging by the accounting spreadsheet, I assume my engine contract is already confirmed? Or do I need to be fighting with the peasants at the back of the grid to confirm my engine choice? :P

Also, my tyre choice for 2018. I'm going to ditch Dunlop seeing as MRT have whored out to them and go with special Goodyears instead.

Also, how do the engine upgrades work? As Ford manufacturer team, can I get upgrades 1 and 2 before race 1? And then upgrade 3 after race 4, and upgrade 4 after race 9, etc, etc?

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Nick Nurmester has been destined to become a paydriver since 2015, and I'm not going to change that despite the recent devaluation of paydrivers.

Nurminen Grand Prix is selling their last year's chassis at the price of 280 credits, as per the rules set by the commission. The chassis in question has scored 16 points in total so far!
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Nuppiz wrote:Nick Nurmester has been destined to become a paydriver since 2015, and I'm not going to change that despite the recent devaluation of paydrivers.

Nurminen Grand Prix is selling their last year's chassis at the price of 280 credits, as per the rules set by the commission. The chassis in question has scored 16 points in total so far!

Team Mecha is interested in buying that chassis. :)
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

FMecha wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:Nick Nurmester has been destined to become a paydriver since 2015, and I'm not going to change that despite the recent devaluation of paydrivers.

Team Mecha is interested in buying that chassis. :)

Sold! :deletraz:
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

I believe we have already renewed our Audi engine contract?

Also we will go with special Bridgestone tyres
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Ataxia wrote:With the thread up, this means I can once again begin to pester for liveries. You don't have to do it right now, but once you've got your livery idea sorted out drop me a message and I'll sort something out for you for both GP2 and the spotters' guide. I've reworked some of Turbogirl's templates so they differ a little from last season.

Scratch that, send them as soon as you can because I've gotta set up the AR2.0 and F3 mods. Thank you!
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

AndreaModa wrote:
Aerond wrote:Engine market opens 11:59PM Spain time on Friday 31st July; First come first served!

Judging by the accounting spreadsheet, I assume my engine contract is already confirmed? Or do I need to be fighting with the peasants at the back of the grid to confirm my engine choice? :P

Also, my tyre choice for 2018. I'm going to ditch Dunlop seeing as MRT have whored out to them and go with special Goodyears instead.

Also, how do the engine upgrades work? As Ford manufacturer team, can I get upgrades 1 and 2 before race 1? And then upgrade 3 after race 4, and upgrade 4 after race 9, etc, etc?

Yes, all manufacturer teams could put input in the making of the engines in exchange of a 3 year contract. So the contract was effectively signed the moment you gave input on the engine. So that means there's 2 free spots for Ford engines.

The engine upgrades work same way. You have upgrade 1 available; while any potential customer will have to wait to race 5, while before race 5 you can get upgrade 2 and so on