KL-racer's F1 2009 ROTY Podium FINALLY UP!

Archive for the three above subforums
KL-racer

Re: KL-racer's F1 2009 ROTY PODIUM UP!

Post by KL-racer »

After much debating with myself for who knows how long. Here's the ROTY podium.

3rd: US F1

At least they got on the entry list and made it to the paddock, unlike in real life! However, no KERS and failing to get out of Pre-Q at every round this season and being well off pace as a result of not having it, is a different story altogether. Their closet competition, happened to be Campos who despite having no KERS and a way better engine, in Ferrari, at least they made into Qualifying just once all year.

2nd: Adrian Sutil

I could have chosen a few other drivers like Sebastian Vettel for Toyota, Kimi Raikkonen for McLaren-Renault, Nico Hulkenberg for Honda or maybe even Timo Glock for Williams-Renault, but I ultimately decided with Adrian Sutil for Carlin-BMW. Despite being a pay-driver, he acted like one scoring no points. Meanwhile, his teammate Heikki Kovalainen scored all of Carlin's Points. Carlin could have challenged for a higher position in the team's championship and bringing in Ho-Pin Tung because of funds was one hint that they were at least considering replacing him, but they didn't.

1st: Renault (as an engine supplier)

Oh boy, as soon as the air restrictor rules were in effect for 2009, and from the pre-season test times, we knew that Renault engines were in some trouble, it wasn't until we got to the first race of the season, that we know how bad the situation has gotten over in France. Force India were indeed lucky to dodge probably the biggest bombshell the paddock has seen in recent times. McLaren and Williams on the other hand, not so lucky! The bigger question moving forward is will any team want to use them for 2010? Only time will tell!

The 2010 thread will be created any time now, so keep your eyes on it!
Now posted to PMMF . . . F1 management 2011!

After yet another long intermission . . . I finally posted round 8. What will happen in the second half? Stay Tuned