2018 AutoReject 3.5: NC race run, season over

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
V8fan12

Re: 2018 AutoReject 3.5: France final done

Post by V8fan12 »

I am very much still following this series :)
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Bernd Schröder wrote:France was not the greatest race for us, hopefully we can kick on in the next race and produce an improved result.

Also, does anyone else get a 403 forbidden error when trying to access the wiki?
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

I'm still around.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Vepe

Post by Vepe »

What an amazing year I've had (wouldn't do it again, but it was fun still)! About 10 000 € of drivers' licences, ADR- and other permits, made lots of great friends and so on. And now I'm back. And Nuppiz, the latest possible ending date for my service would've been in mid-January. Y'know, jälki-RUK and so on...

Reject Speed Magazine wrote:De Friis Motorsport: rising from the ashes

Last christmas wasn't a time of happiness and joy for the Rotterdam-based team. On December 28th, a fire broke out at the base, destroying all of their equipment and vehicles. "Thankfully the fire started early in the morning, so there were only few people there and only injuries were some minor burns for few of our engineers" , said team owner Jan de Friis.

The team had been preparing for the 2018 Autorejects 3.5 Season, despite losing major sponsors due to poor form in 2017. "The results last year weren't as good as we were hoping. This year was to be an improvement. Financially we took a major hit when Scania took away their sponsorship. We were in negotiations with two major sponsors for this year, so financially it would've been a good year." said de Friis. Now, however, the team is in even bigger financial issues, as the fire demoloished any hope of getting the sponsors on board, and they had to go to court over compensations from their insurance company, and lost. "We had all our facilities fitted with all the equipment required in the Dutch laws, more in fact. I can't believe we lost."

The has spent the last four months trying to get back on their feet, with some success. "I'm happy to tell you, that we'll be racing again this year. All of our chassis' were destroyed, but we have managed to get 2 chassis' bought from other teams, to whom I'm truly greatful. They showed true sportsmanship in helping us in our situation. The engineers have been working very hard with Urmas (Pärn) and Björn (Ekdal) and are very eager to go back racing. I don't know if we can get all things done by the next race of the season, but we'll be there at some point."
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Vepe wrote:What an amazing year I've had (wouldn't do it again, but it was fun still)! About 10 000 € of drivers' licences, ADR- and other permits, made lots of great friends and so on. And now I'm back. And Nuppiz, the latest possible ending date for my service would've been in mid-January. Y'know, jälki-RUK and so on...

Ah well, I'm not that knownledgeadble about our military service system, having received the "C" classification in the draft.

Whenever you are ready, your team can return to the series as you replied before the set deadline. All I need is the car liveries (or the livery idea if you can't do them yourself for some reason). You can also try looking for some other drivers to replace your own ones which I put into the team, though at this point of the season you're unlikely to find anyone good. There's currently a hiatus due to the wiki being down, but Aerond seems to be willing to go ahead with ARWS anyway and I'll follow his lead so the next race weekend is probably in a week or two.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

motorsport.com wrote:Wilmington - "I moved up too early"

Schröder AR3.5 driver James Wilmington has offered a damning verdict on his season thus far, suggesting that he made the step up to AR3.5 too early in his career.

Wilmington sits in a lowly 34th in the championship having failed to score in the first three rounds, and sources suggest that his management team at Astro Racing Group are trying to find the Canadian a route back into the AR2.0 series; Wilmington raced in the short-lived North American edition in 2017, finishing 11th overall.

"I was so ready to try something more powerful" said Wilmington, "but it's not worked out at all. Tom [Butler] has shown what this car's capable of, and I just feel out of my depth at the moment. I guess I moved up too early!"

"I've raced my whole career in North America, and it probably would've been a good idea to try Europe out in a lower category. My management and I will make a decision after Phoenix about what to do next."
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

If you weren't aware already, championship standings are now on the wiki, courtesy of Miguel98: http://formularejects.com/wiki/2018_Aut ... _standings
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Autosport wrote:St. Laurent: Struggles "inevitable"

Pierre St. Laurent is philosophical on his struggles for form this season, considering them "an inevitable consequence" of the difficult circumstances leading to his path to the championship. The Peak Aeroracing driver began the season in impressive form, finishing second in his heat race at Melbourne, but has failed to score points since.

"It's a bit hard on my pride as a racing driver, but given the events of the past year, it was always going to be impossible to find form immediately," St. Laurent commented. "With the injury, missing the Africa Cup due to the Plus One situation, and the considerable technical disparity between the 2.0 car and the 3.5, it would've been beyond hubristic to assume that I'd be able to compete at the top with consistency from the start."

"My goals for this season are simply to familiarize myself with the car, with the team, to absorb as much information from as many sources as feasibly possible. Next year will be very different."
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2018 AutoReject 3.5: USA done and dusted

Post by Nuppiz »

2018 AutoReject 3.5 Round of the United States, Phoenix Street Circuit, May 18th-20th 2018, semifinal heats:
Weather report:
Sunny all around.

Heat A Qualifying

Heat A Race results

Heat B Qualifying

Heat B Race results

Stewards' report
Benoît Voeckler has been given 10 penalty points for driving without a front wing for extended periods of time in Heat A
Daniela Anger has been given 10 penalty points for colliding with Hwok Kwol-Cho in Heat B
Tommi Hämäläinen has been given 5 penalty points for colliding with Daniela Anger in Heat B

Penalty standings:
Chacko Palaniappan 30 (ban served in Melbourne)
Andrea Massini 15
Benoît Voeckler 15
Nathanael Cameron 10
Manon Blanchett 10
Thomas Yorke 10
Daniela Anger 10
Michael Robertson 8
Jorge Álvarez Torrente 5
Tommi Hämäläinen 5
Turki al Faisal 5

30 points lead to a one-race long ban.

Doctor's report
-

Video

SRMP wrote:AR 3.5 US final cancelled

The governing body of AutoReject 3.5 have announced that the feature final of the AR 3.5 Round of the United States, organised as a support race to the ARWS United States Grand Prix, has been cancelled due to safety reasons. The results from the semifinal heats will stand. More details to follow.

The feature race cancellation was the result of a variety of reasons, including low overall motivation to run the series, tiredness from waking up early for work, bad AI and the extreme slowness of the track layout (a heat race in Phoenix being time-wise about as long as the feature final in Melbourne or Magny-Cours. After the relatively civil Heat A I was still planning to go ahead with the full weekend, but with all the above reasons already affecting me and Heat B turning into a mess I finally boiled over and loudly berated the Phoenix track on the IRC channel, eventually announcing that I wasn't going to run the final at all. When I was attempting to post this for the first time, the forum crashed and I lost the post so I had to write it again, infuriating me even more. Despite calming down a bit now I'm not backing down on my decision: the 2018 US feature race becomes the first ever cancelled AR 3.5 round.

I was never happy about going on a "proper" street circuit anyway, but had to take Phoenix to have at least half of the calendar in line with ARWS (which features a stupidly high amount of street circuits if you ask me). Next season the US race will be held elsewhere regardless of where ARWS goes, and if it means I'll share less circuits with the "main" series then so be it. My mental health is more important than putting up with some silly principle (which I invented myself anyway).
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2018 AutoReject 3.5: USA done and dusted

Post by Ataxia »

Don't blame you mate, the sheer abundance of street circuits is why I've got a couple of standalone events over in 2.0!

Jerry de Boer wrote:...oh maaan, I'm so stoked to have come 5th here in...uh...dude, where the f*ck are we?...man, there's a f*cking desert, oh man, the hell's going on...dude was that a scorpion?
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2018 AutoReject 3.5: Great Britain heats done

Post by Nuppiz »

2018 AutoReject 3.5 Round of the United Kingdom, Brands Hatch, June 22nd-24th 2018, semifinal heats:
Weather report:
Sunny all around.

Heat A Qualifying

Heat A Race results

Heat B Qualifying

Heat B Race results

Stewards' report
Benoît Voeckler has been given 5 penalty points for colliding with Chuck Barrett in Heat A
Iakopo Fuamatu has been given 10 penalty points for colliding with Nino Barlini in Heat B

Penalty standings:
Benoît Voeckler 20
Andrea Massini 15
Nathanael Cameron 10
Manon Blanchett 10
Thomas Yorke 10
Daniela Anger 10
Iakopo Fuamatu 10
Michael Robertson 8
Jorge Álvarez Torrente 5
Tommi Hämäläinen 5
Turki al Faisal 5

Doctor's report
-

Video
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2018 AutoReject 3.5: Great Britain heats done

Post by Nessafox »

Ugh, i give up on the Octan YD drivers i currently have, they are now all free of their contracts (except for YDB, i still need him) Of course, the other drivers aren't free. Tommi is doing quite well, so we keep him as long as he's keepable.
Justin Case, you got a new job!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2018 AutoReject 3.5: Great Britain final done

Post by Nuppiz »

2018 AutoReject 3.5 Round of the United Kingdom, Brands Hatch, June 22nd-24th 2018, feature final:
Weather report:
Sunny all around.

Qualifying

Race results

Stewards' report
Zilch

Penalty standings:
Benoît Voeckler 20
Andrea Massini 15
Nathanael Cameron 10
Manon Blanchett 10
Thomas Yorke 10
Daniela Anger 10
Iakopo Fuamatu 10
Michael Robertson 8
Jorge Álvarez Torrente 5
Tommi Hämäläinen 5
Turki al Faisal 5

Doctor's report
-

Standings
Video
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Andrea Schnass wrote:Fantastic job Jordan! With this speed we have an outside shot at the title!

Now don't rest for too long, cause we need you in Le Castellet for the young driver test. You got more points than Vosu, so you get the second seat!
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Let's move to be better at the next then
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Galaz is on thin ice as far as his contract goes, needs to be more competitive or I will consider a replacement in the future
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:Galaz is on thin ice as far as his contract goes, needs to be more competitive or I will consider a replacement in the future

Alessandro Marchesi is interested in replacing Pablo Galaz, in case he gets fired. (not sure if any races clashes with F5000 weekends, will check)
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Autosport Online wrote:Ardaoglu told to concentrate

Kenan Ardaoglu has been told by the Falik Arrows team to concentrate harder as he lost a heat win by sliding off the track, losing three places from pole and nearly slammed the car into the tyres on the first lap. Kenan said the track was greasy and he was not the only driver to do so, however the team say he is losing valuable points which could cost him the championship.

This comes after Phoenix where he lost a bucket load of places in his heat as he went down an escape road after getting a corner wrong.

"I know I must try harder" he said.

Hwok Kwol-Cho showing improvement

The Falik Arrows team have praised Hwok Kwol-Cho for improvement as he got fastest lap in his heat, "We have signed Hwok Kwol-Cho for another season as we believe that next year he will be a challenger. The driver said nothing to us.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2018 AutoReject 3.5: Austria heats done

Post by Nuppiz »

2018 AutoReject 3.5 Round of Austria, Red Bull Ring, July 6th-8th 2018, semifinal heats:
Weather report:
Sunny all around.

Heat A Qualifying

Heat A Race results

Heat B Qualifying

Heat B Race results

Stewards' report
Absolutely nothing.

Penalty standings:
Benoît Voeckler 20
Andrea Massini 15
Nathanael Cameron 10
Manon Blanchett 10
Thomas Yorke 10
Daniela Anger 10
Iakopo Fuamatu 10
Michael Robertson 8
Jorge Álvarez Torrente 5
Tommi Hämäläinen 5
Turki al Faisal 5

Doctor's report
N/A

Video
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Euromotor needs to step up its game otherwise...
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Minarae would like to replace Andrea Massini with Mitchell Macklin if allowed to drive.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2018 AutoReject 3.5: Austria final done

Post by Nuppiz »

2018 AutoReject 3.5 Round of Austria, Red Bull Ring, July 6th-8th 2018, feature final:
Weather report:
Sunny all around.

Qualifying

Race results

Stewards' report
James Jones has been given 5 penalty points for causing a collision with Jorge Álvarez Torrente and 5 penalty points for causing a collision with Pierre St. Laurent
Pierre St. Laurent has been given 5 penalty points for causing a collision with Volker Scrattenheim
Jorge Álvarez Torrente has been given 5 penalty points for ignoring blue flags and causing a collision with Anu Võsu

Penalty standings:
Benoît Voeckler 20
Andrea Massini 15
Nathanael Cameron 10
Manon Blanchett 10
Thomas Yorke 10
Daniela Anger 10
Iakopo Fuamatu 10
Jorge Álvarez Torrente 10
James Jones 10
Michael Robertson 8
Pierre St. Laurent 5
Tommi Hämäläinen 5
Turki al Faisal 5

Doctor's report
N/A

Standings
Video
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

RDD and I have agreed that Alessandro Marchesi will take Galaz place from next round onwards.

RDD confirm this. :P
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Autosport Extra wrote:Kenan Ardaoglu shows how it is done

After being told to improve by the team, Kenan Ardaoglu had a near flawless weekend with a heat pole and win then topped it off with a pole, win and fastest lap, becoming the first driver this season to get the hat trick. He did not say much after the race but hinted that he knew that a few members of MRT were in the stands watching and he wanted to give them a show.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Miguel98 wrote:RDD and I have agreed that Alessandro Marchesi will take Galaz place from next round onwards.

RDD confirm this. :P

Oh shite forgot about that, Marchesi will certainly take the drive as planned
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2018 AutoReject 3.5: Netherlands heats done

Post by Nuppiz »

2018 AutoReject 3.5 Round of the Netherlands, Circuit Park Zandvoort, July 27th-29th 2018, semifinal heats:
Weather report:
Sunny all around.

Mitchell Macklin was deemed ineligible to race due to still competing full-time in F5000, meaning the #19 Minarae did not take part in Heat A at all.

Heat A Qualifying

Heat A Race results

Heat B Qualifying

Heat B Race results

Stewards' report
Absolutely nothing.

Penalty standings:
Benoît Voeckler 20
Andrea Massini 15
Nathanael Cameron 10
Manon Blanchett 10
Thomas Yorke 10
Daniela Anger 10
Iakopo Fuamatu 10
James Jones 10
Michael Robertson 8
Pierre St. Laurent 5
Tommi Hämäläinen 5
Turki al Faisal 5

Doctor's report
N/A

Video
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2018 AutoReject 3.5: NL Final done, Cynon & V8fan12 NEED

Post by Nuppiz »

2018 AutoReject 3.5 Round of the Netherlands, Circuit Park Zandvoort, July 27th-29th 2018, feature final:
Weather report:
Sunny all around.

Qualifying

Race results

Stewards' report
Absolutely nothing.

Penalty standings:
Benoît Voeckler 20
Andrea Massini 15
Nathanael Cameron 10
Manon Blanchett 10
Thomas Yorke 10
Daniela Anger 10
Iakopo Fuamatu 10
James Jones 10
Michael Robertson 8
Pierre St. Laurent 5
Tommi Hämäläinen 5
Turki al Faisal 5

Doctor's report
  • Silvia Renaldi did not suffer any serious injuries in her accident, but she needs to be more careful for the rest of the season.
  • Verna Klien's injuries sustained in France were aggravated in her accident here. She'll miss the German and Belgian rounds of the championship. Clockwork Racing (Cynon) must nominate a replacement for her.
  • Pierre St. Laurent suffered very serious injuries in his accident and is out of action for the rest of the year. Peak Aeroracing Engineering (V8fan12) must nominate a replacement for him.

Standings
Video

In other news, Equipe Gauthier have ceased to exist. Rick Simpson and Laurent Seron are free to join other teams.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Replacement drivers must be announced by 21st May 12:00 UTC. The quick schedule is needed to keep up with ARWS.

I haven't heard from the following team owners in a while:
The Masked Lapwing
Backmarker
MinardiFan95
Cynon
FMecha

Please confirm that you are still around and interested in the series.
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

In the event of a space opening up, I'd like to join the waiting list for this series.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Alexi Schnass wrote:First double DNF this season. We'e been doing fantastic so far.

2nd in the constructors is still within range. We can make this work! Don't want the old man to get too cranky if we don't...
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
alg2159

Post by alg2159 »

Just as Pinkd56, I would like to join the waiting list for Autoreject 3.5, if it is always possible.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

I'm still here... with performance-related disappointments. :facepalm:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

FMecha wrote:I'm still here... with performance-related disappointments. :facepalm:

See, if you fancy becoming an official Astro Racing Group feeder team, you won't spend your life toiling away with rubbish drivers...
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

As per the Classifieds thread, Jack Christopherson Jr. will replace St. Laurent for the remainder of the season due to his injury.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

V8fan12 wrote:As per the Classifieds thread, Jack Christopherson Jr. will replace St. Laurent for the remainder of the season due to his injury.

Here's Christopherson's helmet and I've also peeled PSL's sponsors off the livery.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Ataxia wrote:
V8fan12 wrote:As per the Classifieds thread, Jack Christopherson Jr. will replace St. Laurent for the remainder of the season due to his injury.

Here's Christopherson's helmet and I've also peeled PSL's sponsors off the livery.

Oh, cheers for that Ataxia! :)

MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Simpson Motorsports Press Release wrote:Rick Simpson to replace Michael Robertson for the remainder of 2018.

After the closure of Equipe Gauthier and the decision by Michael Robertson to accept a deal to race for the Nissan factory team in Formula 5000 back home in Australia, Simpson Motorsports are glad to announce that Rick Simpson will be joining his family's team for the remainder of the 2018 AutoReject 3.5 season and beyond.
This is a cool spot.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2018 AutoReject 3.5: Germany Heats done

Post by Nuppiz »

2018 AutoReject 3.5 Round of Germany, EuroSpeedway Lausitz, August 17th-19th 2018, semifinal heats:
Weather report:
Sunny all around.

Heat A Qualifying

Heat A Race results

Heat B Qualifying

Heat B Race results

Stewards' report
Absolutely nothing.

Penalty standings:
Benoît Voeckler 20
Andrea Massini 15
Nathanael Cameron 10
Manon Blanchett 10
Thomas Yorke 10
Daniela Anger 10
Iakopo Fuamatu 10
James Jones 10
Michael Robertson 8
Pierre St. Laurent 5
Tommi Hämäläinen 5
Turki al Faisal 5

Doctor's report
Nyet

Video
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2018 AutoReject 3.5: Germany Final done

Post by Nuppiz »

2018 AutoReject 3.5 Round of Germany, EuroSpeedway Lausitz, August 17th-19th 2018, feature final:
Weather report:
Sunny all around.

Qualifying

Race results

Stewards' report
Absolutely nothing.

Penalty standings:
Benoît Voeckler 20
Andrea Massini 15
Nathanael Cameron 10
Manon Blanchett 10
Thomas Yorke 10
Daniela Anger 10
Iakopo Fuamatu 10
James Jones 10
Michael Robertson 8
Pierre St. Laurent 5
Tommi Hämäläinen 5
Turki al Faisal 5

Doctor's report
Nein

Standings
Video
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2018 AutoReject 3.5: Germany Final done

Post by Ataxia »

Nate Cameron wrote:The championship's not over, no way am I gan give up just yet! Kenan had a pretty bad day, which is kinda shitty for 'im but, like, I'm dead 'appy with my weekend. Proper good coupla days, that.

motorsport.com wrote:Wilmington to leave after Spa

Schröder's James Wilmington is to leave the team after the AR3.5 races at Spa-Francorchamps, lamenting the lack of focus on his campaign. Wilmington languishes in 32nd in the AR3.5 championship having scored just one point, and the driver has stated his desire to return to AR2.0 next season.

"It kinda sucks that I look over across the garage and Tom [Butler] has all the engineers making suggestions, combing through his data and working with him. I don't get that, I can't look at his data even though he had more experience than me with these cars. Usually, you need something to compare yourself to, but I don't get a benchmark other than looking at his times and feeling like crap."

"If the support was there from the start, I'd have felt comfortable with this car ages ago. But I still feel like I'm going in blind, and my sponsors and I have decided that we'll look at doing another AR2.0 campaign next season. I think I left that series too early, and I reckon I could fight for wins if I went back."