Reject of the Race - Austria

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Miguel98

Reject of the Race - Austria

Post by Miguel98 »

Give your nominations people!

Kimi Raikkonen, easilly. JEV is waiting for that drive.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Salamander

Re: Reject of the Race - Austria

Post by Salamander »

Kimi Raikkonen easily takes it IMO. Pretty clearly wearing Arrivabene's patience down with these shenanigans...
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

Lewis Hamilton - That stupid error basically cost him his chance of winning.
GerhardTalger

Post by GerhardTalger »

Can really only be McLaren. Again.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

No contest - Kimi Raikkonen. Dropped it whilst accelerating three corners into the race. He's just wasting a seat that could be filled by Bottas or Ricciardo.

Honourable mentions:

Red Bull, for yet another hopeless weekend on the track, and for the constant throwing of toys out of the proverbial pram in the paddock.
Martin Brundle. He spent the entire race downplaying Rosberg's performance ("Nico's got the better car today, etc") in favour of Hamilton, and taking the piss out of Maldonado, who was having a very good race. Just go home Martin.
McLaren, although it's to be expected from them nowadays.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Setanta Ireland - They get every race live, for that I'm grateful, but their coverage is shocking. They literally only show the sessions themselves, no build-up or analysis whatsoever. They cut the broadcast at unexpected times, such as during the podium ceremony. Today, they switched over to boxing without any prior warning. Oh, they kept the race on (without sound) in the bottom right of the screen, but it was still difficult to tell what was going on in the closing laps of the race.[/endrant]

Actual nominations are Raikkonen and McLaren.
#FreeGonzo
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

while Hamilton had a poor race I suppose it was coming up for him. He wasn't great last either so Austria might be his Bogey track (Vettel's is Hungary)

Brundle really annoyed me today and I cannot believe he hates maldonado so much- I thought he was terrific today!

Mclaren deserve a mention (like they always do) typically after they served all the penalties the car fails.

But Today it goes to Kimi Raikkonen and his awful driving at the start that nearly ended his very soon to be over f1 Career. At canada he cost the team a podium and this time he gave them one hell of a repair bill.

Seriously Ferrari are becoming a one man team (like at red bull a couple of years ago but that was different) with Vettel.
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Kimi Raikkonen, no contest, no doubts. Looks like this season is going to be his last season.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

1: Some team called McLaren Racing Limited that have Honda engines, 'nuff said
2: Kimi Raikkonen, his performance all the weekend was bathpluggingly "shite-esque" (sic)
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

Just a non serious HM but gotd dammit SkySports will never answer my Ericsson or Maldonado questions :(
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

Kimi Raikkonen deserves this easily. Lackadaisical qualifying should mean that he would have to fight to the top but instead he bins it into Alonso coming out of Remus. Arrivaberne, please give the seat to someone like JEV, Hulkenberg, Bottas, or Kobayashi (if he's interested in coming back to Ferrari).

Honorable Mention goes to McLaren for their torpid reliability, though this is becoming the norm than the exception this year.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Dan B wrote:Kobayashi (if he's interested in coming back to Ferrari).

Pretty certain Ferrari is done with Kobayashi after he turned down a GT drive to go and waste a year with Caterham.

On the other hand, I believe Daniel Ricciardo is free for 2016... ;)
Everything's great.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I wonder if the sheer concentrated rejectfulness of McLaren at the moment has completely killed our Scotalian overlord's motivation to nominate an official Reject Of The Race. How else do you explain why the main site still shows the marshals at the Chinese Grand Prix?

So, possibly in an attempt to be deliberately contrary, I'll opt for Red Bull - beaten at their home race by their B-team, even taking Ricciardo's penalty into account. There isn't even the excuse this time of Toro Rosso having the same car with a more powerful engine as there was in 2008; if they've got the same engine that Red Bull have been moaning about all season but are quietly getting on with the job and coming out on top with a 17-year-old rookie, then Red Bull should be asking questions to their design department rather than opening fire at Renault.

Still, at least there were no nauseatingly sycophantic graphics all over the track this year.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Red Bull wins my vote, but Kimi Räikkönen deserves a shout. But, I'm just glad he moved his left hand out of the way before Alonso's t-tray could have made meat of it. He's lucky he walked away.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

1)Kimi Raikkonen: Wheel spin in a straight for a former WDC? Kimi pls

2)Lurdicrous Penalties: 25 grid positions even before race... What a farce.

Dishonorable mention to Formula 1 as sport: 2nd consecutive race that make me zzzzzzzz
mario

Post by mario »

Along with most of the other posters here, I think that Kimi takes the biscuit here - a poor qualifying session that put him far further down the grid than he should have been, and then promptly taking himself and Alonso out of the race with a pretty silly error that could have ended in an extremely nasty accident. There really is no redeeming factor this weekend for Kimi.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Zergon

Post by Zergon »

Has to be Kimi Räikkönen espesially since it looks like it was his own mistake and not some problem with the car.

dishonorable mention go to Sauber who I thought had decent shot scoring points here with Red Bull and to lesser extend McLaren being in troubles and still managed to be outside of top ten despite Nasr having a clean race and starting in top ten.

I also have to mention McLaren and Red Bull though I expected them to be bad so it´s not that much of a surprise and hence I feel less dissappointed at them than Sauber.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

It just has to be Kimi Räikkönen, doesn't it? I don't think there's been an easier ROTR all season.

Kimi seems to be admitting it was purely a solo mistake. There were some questions about whether he got a tap or not, if his right rear got sliced and caused a puncture we didn't see, but if it was the latter, he is almost equally to blame for being so far down the order that he's at risk from these kind of midfield antics from qualifying 18th, rather in the relatively safer first few rows of the grid in which his team-mate started.

If he doesn't start visiting the podium regularly from here on out, I think his career may well come to a close at the end of the year.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

I'm rather sure Enoch and Jamie would have given a shared award to Raikkonen, Alonso and Button and found a nice moniker for it, such as underperforming former champions or maybe something that sounds like even more of a mouthful.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Yannick wrote:I'm rather sure Enoch and Jamie would have given a shared award to Raikkonen, Alonso and Button and found a nice moniker for it, such as underperforming former champions or maybe something that sounds like even more of a mouthful.

Pretty sure the car's the problem for Alonso and Button, buddy.
Everything's great.
Fetzie

Post by Fetzie »

Kimi. Honourable mention for Ferrari for not sending him out again at the end of Q1.

McLaren-Honda as a team is beyond rejectdom. They're so disappointing you can't laugh anymore, so I can't nominate Alonso and Button.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

There's absolutely nothing that speaks for Räikkönen this weekend. Terrible qualifying (and then blaming the team for not telling him that he should go faster) followed by spinning off and crashing. On a straight. :facepalm:
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Kimi Raikkonen Woeful all weekend terrible qualifying and then seemingly losing control on a corner that doesnt exist
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

The Penalties. 25-place grid penalties on a 20-car grid. Nothing else needs to be said.

Though Raikkonen also deserves it.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

Salamander wrote:
Dan B wrote:Kobayashi (if he's interested in coming back to Ferrari).

Pretty certain Ferrari is done with Kobayashi after he turned down a GT drive to go and waste a year with Caterham.

On the other hand, I believe Daniel Ricciardo is free for 2016... ;)

Seeing Kobayashi at Ferrari is wishful thinking I know, but it goes to prove that there are many drivers that could potentially be a good replacement for Raikkonen.

Ricciardo at Ferrari along Vettel would be interesting for sure though in many ways, though I see Bottas in the seat next year the way things are going.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Dan B wrote:Ricciardo at Ferrari along Vettel would be interesting for sure though in many ways, though I see Bottas in the seat next year the way things are going.

Bottas is almost certainly staying at Williams in 2016, he has an option on his contract for that season, and Williams would have to be pretty daft not to take it.
Everything's great.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Kimi Raikkonen - Ferrari, for the love of god please put Jean-Eric Vergne in that Ferrari seat, at least so he can get that last top-6 finish.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Removed
Last edited by WeirdKerr on 21 Jun 2015, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.
Izzyeviel

Post by Izzyeviel »

Reject of the race - FIA for dragging their feet about having closed cockpits. We've had several close calls, the next one may be too late.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Raikkonen - Ironically I think he is actually trying not to be crap.
McLaren - Repetitive, I know, but I don't think their history should protect them from such criticism, even if they appear to have bullied the media into constantly putting a more positive spin on an atrocious season.
Just For One Day...
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

1. Raikkonen: Man's fighting for his Ferrari seat, and he's doing a terrible job at it.

2. McLaren: Yeah, Alonso was out of their hands, but man, they were total crap today.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
tBone

Post by tBone »

This has to be Kimi Räikkönen. I lost my last hope of him actually being a good match for Vettel. Of course, McLaren were rejectful as well, but I tend to expect that by now.
YOUR
LOGO

Here
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Even if Räikkönen hasn't performed like world champion should, this was a new low for him since his return to Ferrari. So I pick him for ROTR.
Fetzie

Post by Fetzie »

Izzyeviel wrote:Reject of the race - FIA for dragging their feet about having closed cockpits. We've had several close calls, the next one may be too late.

I think it would probably end up with needing somebody's head taking off before we get closed cockpits :/