2018 Formula 5000 Season - Round 8 complete

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Gonzalez

Re: 2018 Formula 5000 Season - RDD, Peteroli to confirm driv

Post by Gonzalez »

I need to find out from MinardiFan if it's possible to have a different nationality as my team entry: (Carrera Granada) already existed before as a Spanish Team. I can say if we do race, our team will have a base in Australia and possible Team Renaming.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Bryan Taylor racing drivers for the 2018 season will be Japanese driver Osuma Takahashi who raced in SANDWICH during the offseason and Australian driver Joey Mawson
RonDenisDeletraz

Re: 2018 Formula 5000 Season - RDD to confirm drivers.

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Aldo Pellizotti and John Muirhead (new Australian driver I just created) will drive my two cars. Hope that is ok
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Gonzalez wrote:I need to find out from MinardiFan if it's possible to have a different nationality as my team entry: (Carrera Granada) already existed before as a Spanish Team. I can say if we do race, our team will have a base in Australia and possible Team Renaming.

You can enter the team as a Spanish team, as I've changed the home country ruling for part time teams to only being able to enter in one region.

In other news regarding part time teams, the qualifying race will be scrapped unless there is a significant increase in entries for a round. If there are more entries than there are grid slots, a pre-qualifying session will be run instead to determine which drivers miss the race.
This is a cool spot.
MinardiFan95

Re: 2018 Formula 5000 Season - RDD to confirm drivers.

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Sydney Motorsport Park test times: http://simresults.net/151005-dN3
This is a cool spot.
Gonzalez

Re: 2018 Formula 5000 Season - First Test Complete

Post by Gonzalez »

Pending confirmation, I am gonna put Spaniard Alex Rabat as a driver while I wait for Roberto Zayas's response for the offer to race for my team, Carerra Granada. The 2nd seat I am also looking at so if I don't find another driver and\or Zayas doesn't responed to the offer by the time the test starts, Rabat will be driving for us.
Last edited by Gonzalez on 07 Oct 2015, 15:10, edited 1 time in total.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Seeing as he's missed out on an F2 drive, Alexey Pchelintsev has come back to F5000 with his tail between his legs, and a wheelbarrow full of Kazakhstani tenge in an attempt to prolong his career down-under once more.

Team Name: Kazatomprom Pchelintsev Power Team
Engine 1st Preference: Nissan
Engine 2nd Preference: (guessing I won't need this)
Driver #1: Alexey Pchelintsev, #2, Kazakh
Driver #2: NA
Team status: Full-time
Sponsors: Kazatomprom, Liqui-Moly
Livery idea: I'll have a crack at it this week. EDIT: Scratch that, done it already!

Pchelintsev car body
Pchelintsev wings
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Jimmy Hopkins has been confirmed as Number 1 driver for Carrera Granada. The number will be 93.

I can also confirm that 94 will be the number for Driver Number 2 for my team. Driver currently still in consideation but if Zayas dosent respond to my offer when the next test starts, Rabat will be selected instead.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

With Hagane Shizuka having moved back to LMPs to spearhead Nissan's effort in sportscars, coming in as Horan's team-mate will instead be Hayato Kazami.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Biscione wrote:With Hagane Shizuka having moved back to LMPs to spearhead Nissan's effort in sportscars, coming in as Horan's team-mate will instead be Hayato Kazami.

With Kazami going into the main Nissan team, Karl Lichter Shultz will take the USD free seat for now.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

SeedStriker wrote:
Biscione wrote:With Hagane Shizuka having moved back to LMPs to spearhead Nissan's effort in sportscars, coming in as Horan's team-mate will instead be Hayato Kazami.

With Kazami going into the main Nissan team, Karl Lichter Shultz will take the USD free seat for now.

Nissan would like to point out that Karl Lichter Shultz does not meet the required criteria for a customer team foreign lead driver and invalidates USD's customer contract;

• First driver must have previous canon experience, foreign lead drivers must have experience in F1, F1RWRS, F1RICS, F2RWRS or AR 3.5.

Nissan puts forward a shortlist of potential appropriate hires for the seat instead;
  • Yuka Katayama (Falik/Kamaha)
  • Einar Ármannsson (Commonwealth)
  • Johannes Rueckert (Race of Rejects)
  • Rusty Gannit (Race of Rejects)
  • Tristan Jung (BITW)
  • Marie Simon (affiliation unknown)

Image Image
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

A bit of housekeeping is in order here, as I hadn't confirmed that the full time entries were closed. The second Carrera Granada car and the Kazatomprom car will be allowed to race, however if the entry list for a round exceeds 32, they will have to run with the part time teams in the pre-qualifying session/race.
This is a cool spot.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

MinardiFan95 wrote:A bit of housekeeping is in order here, as I hadn't confirmed that the full time entries were closed. The second Carrera Granada car and the Kazatomprom car will be allowed to race, however if the entry list for a round exceeds 32, they will have to run with the part time teams in the pre-qualifying session/race.

No problem, sorry about that!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Upon negotiations with the Falik/Arrows F2 team, Yuka Katayama has agreed to be Union Saver Developments lead driver for the upcoming F5000 season. She will run all the season, except when Arrows implicity required her.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

With Yuka Katayama taking a full time drive for USD, Volvo Japanese Dealerships have signed Swedish Touring car legend Thed Björk to co-share the 2nd seat.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Results from the second test day at Winton: http://simresults.net/151028-6fT

Images of the liveries have been added to the first post.
This is a cool spot.
MinardiFan95

Re: 2018 Formula 5000 Season - Second Test Complete

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Round 1 - Adelaide:

Qualifying and Race 1 Results: http://simresults.net/151028-P1O
Race 2 Results: http://simresults.net/151028-PZ1
This is a cool spot.
MinardiFan95

Re: 2018 Formula 5000 Season - Round 1 Complete

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Round 2: Bathurst

Auto Fiction wrote:Mori dominates F5000 race at Bathurst
After a dismal showing at the first round in Adelaide, former F1RWRS racer Barii Mori has dominated proceedings at Bathurst, leading all of the 33 laps in the hour long race. Mori did have a bit of a scare with a half spin at Murray's Corner mid race and some lapped traffic, though he held enough of a gap to keep ahead of second placed Matt Grove. Behind them on the podium was Lee Rogers, who took his much needed first points of the season

The race was fairly incident free, save for a few drivers struggling with the pit lane entry, the most notable being Thed Bjork, who collected the tyre wall on the entry when coming in for a last lap splash-and-dash of fuel. John Muirhead ran wide at Hell Corner on lap 1, rejoining the track in front of Alessandro Marchesi which forced both to enter the pits for new wings.

The most exciting on track action was the battle for 5th place, with as many as six drivers in the battle pack at the mid point of the race. Out of those drivers, Mitchell Macklin prevailed to grab the final top 5 place. Adelaide round winner Thomas Wren consolidated his championship lead with a strong 4th place. The next F5000 round will be supporting AutoReject 3.5 at Albert Park to cap off what has been a busy opening to the season as support to the major AutoReject classes.

Results: http://simresults.net/151201-9hc

Please note: Due to a timing glitch, Joey Mawson and Takuma Taki are shown as being a lap down. Taki should be in 12th while Mawson should be in 13th

This is a cool spot.
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Due to a partial clash with IPC, Jimmy Hopkins will be missing rounds 8-9 of F5000 and maybe Round 7. So right now, i am looking for a driver to cover him in those rounds.
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Espanola Deportes wrote:

Jimmy Hopkins to miss rounds 7-9 of F5000, Carrera Granada set to confirm Oscar Duck III to cover Him

Due to a recent discovery of a clash with IPC, Jimmy Hopkins will be missing 3 rounds 7-9, the manager of Carrera Granada confirmed.

The team were forced to find another driver to take over, when they approached Oscar Duck III and has offered him a ride on a 3-race deal.

The full confirmation of the driver will be announced shortly in case of any very-last-minute changes.

Last edited by Gonzalez on 05 Dec 2015, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Um double post much? You do realise there is an edit button right? :facepalm:
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Round 3 - Albert Park

Qualifying and Sprint Race Results: http://simresults.net/151208-mj1

Auto Fiction wrote:Macklin avoids chaos to win Albert Park feature race
After an incident free sprint race, the F5000 grid saved all the action for the weekend's feature race. The safety car made an appearance on the second lap after Alessandro Marchesi backed his car into the fence at the final turn. Upon resumption, the race remained calm until the pit-stop phase of the race with the majority of the front runners making pitstops early in the cycle.

In the middle of the pitstop phase, Osuma Takahashi made a mess of the pit entry and was parked blindly at a 90 degree angle to the flow of traffic. Roberto Zayas attempted to enter the pits and collected the stricken Takahashi, going airborne onto the racing line and into the path of Jack Le Brocq, who would've been the race leader on corrected order. This brought out a second safety car. The early stoppers realised they would need an extra splash of fuel to get home, so they pitted under the yellow flag. Luiz Razia and Barii Mori left it a lap too late, entering the pits with the safety car, with Razia so eager to complete his stop that he rear ended the safety car at pit entry.

The shuffled order left Swedish Touring Car ace Thed Bjork in an unexpected lead, with only two laps left. Former F1RWRS racer Mitchell Macklin ran in second, putting pressure on the Swede. Bjork outbraked himself on the third last corner of the race, touring the sand trap and gifting the Caltex Nippon United Team driver his first F5000 race win. Bjork recovered for second place, whilst Marcus Ericsson completed the podium.

Feature: http://simresults.net/151208-3zg

Incidents Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WSj_nMkYQU

This is a cool spot.
AndreaModa

Re: 2018 Formula 5000 Season - Round 3 underway

Post by AndreaModa »

Alexey Pchelintsev wrote:So far the season is going well. Fifth place in the feature race was very good, I'll be aiming for more good finishes like that and try and challenge for the championship. We shall see.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

For a second there, I thought it was F1 2000 again. The Telefonica car certainly doesn't help there :)
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Wow, Minardi, nice graphics/liveries!
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Round 4 - Symmons Plains

Qualifying and Race 1 Results: http://simresults.net/151209-7P4
Race 2 Results: http://simresults.net/151209-4cS

The reverse grid draw/RNG has reversed all 14 rows of the grid for Race 3.

Race 3 Results: http://simresults.net/151209-1NY

Standings:
Last edited by MinardiFan95 on 14 Dec 2015, 03:44, edited 3 times in total.
This is a cool spot.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

MinardiFan95 wrote:Round 4 - Symmons Plains

Qualifying and Race 1 Results: http://simresults.net/151209-x87

Race One is a 404.

Image Image
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Biscione wrote:
MinardiFan95 wrote:Round 4 - Symmons Plains

Qualifying and Race 1 Results: http://simresults.net/151209-x87

Race One is a 404.

Fixed the link, must've forgotten to save the results before.
This is a cool spot.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Barii Mori wrote:Wins and podiums, if I keep this up then I am sure I will add F5000 champion to my Sandwich and Formula Nippon championships.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Round 5: Barbagallo

Qualifying and Race 1 Results: http://simresults.net/151214-ZB5
Race 2: http://simresults.net/151214-C3z

The first 7 rows of the grid were reversed for Race 3.

Race 3: http://simresults.net/151214-NF5
This is a cool spot.
Miguel98

Re: 2018 Formula 5000 Season - Round 5 complete

Post by Miguel98 »

Record wrote:Rocha: "Barbagallo shows what we can do"
Following a fantastic weekend in the 5th round of the F5000 championship, where Lotto Racing scored three podiums, including two wins, Miguel Rocha is a very happy man. The portuguese entrepeneur and IPC driver was very happy with the team's performance this weekend and was quoted as to claiming that this showed his team's potential in the series. Initially, Lee Rogers qualified 4th for the first race of the weekend, and ended in 2nd place, only 2 seconds adrift for the team's first win of the year. That came in the second race of the weekend, where Lee Rogers dominated the race, finishing 7 seconds ahead of ex-ARWS driver Dean O'Lauchlan. Marchesi, meanwhile, had finished 11th and 13th in each race respectivelly, but that guaranteed he started 2nd for race 3. The italian didn't disappoint, and took the win by less than a second from Foster-Thompson. A fantastic weekend for Lotto, and one Rocha hopes to repeat in the future.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Jimmy Hopkins wrote:

Just one more round here with F5000 before i head home to America to do some part time racing duties with IPC. I'll be back for Round 10.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Quite good the results
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Round 6 - Teretonga

Qualifying and Race 1 Results: http://simresults.net/160201-3tb
Race 2: http://simresults.net/160205-zW1

First 6 rows reversed for race 3.

Race 3: http://simresults.net/160205-D6M

Stewards Report: Shane Van Gisbergan to be banned for one round for causing an avoidable collision in race 3 that damaged a number of cars, including Matt Grove, Simon Bourne and Dean O'Lauchlan.
This is a cool spot.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Auto Fiction wrote:Formula 5000 to run shortened schedule without international rounds
The organisers of the Formula 5000 series have today announced that the current season will be shortened to 11 races with the fly-away races set for India, Japan and Indonesia, along with the support race for the now defunct FIA IPC at Calder Park to be cut from the schedule. The round at Sydney Motorsport Park will be moved to the weekend of August 25-26 to close the season.

The series is rumoured to come to a close at the end of the season as the former CEO of the series is set to announce a new international touring car series to start in 2019, unless new management can be found for the series.
This is a cool spot.
RonDenisDeletraz

MinardiFan95 wrote:
Auto Fiction wrote:Formula 5000 to run shortened schedule without international rounds
The organisers of the Formula 5000 series have today announced that the current season will be shortened to 11 races with the fly-away races set for India, Japan and Indonesia, along with the support race for the now defunct FIA IPC at Calder Park to be cut from the schedule. The round at Sydney Motorsport Park will be moved to the weekend of August 25-26 to close the season.

The series is rumoured to come to a close at the end of the season as the former CEO of the series is set to announce a new international touring car series to start in 2019, unless new management can be found for the series.

I might be half interested in running this, likely using NR2003. Can't give any guarantees but I will definitely look into what decent single seater mods exist. The sort of thing where I will very much have to learn as I go along
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:I might be half interested in running this, likely using NR2003. Can't give any guarantees but I will definitely look into what decent single seater mods exist. The sort of thing where I will very much have to learn as I go along

If you are looking to do something in NR2003, a first step that definitely would help everybody out, and also give you a better feel of whether or not you actually want to do this permanently, is run some of the remaining rounds of the IPC championship with the existing files, and then see where to go from there.

Image Image
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Espanola Deportes wrote:
Jimmy Hopkins fired, Carrera Granada to keep cover driver Oscar Duck III for rest of season

Carrera Granada have decided to release Jimmy Hopkins from his contract and keep Oscar Duck III for the rest of the season, Carrera Granada confirmed.

The manager of Carrera Granada stated that Hopkins, who raced the first five rounds of F5000, and was originally gonna miss rounds 4-7 due to a clash with his IPC Commitments, was on a breach of contract as a result of the clash and that he had no choice but to fire him as a result.

"Hopkins's commitment to race part-time in IPC has breached his contractual agreement with us. It was only recently discovered by us and that Hopkins has decided to be a little silly by signing a part-time seat clashing on a number of races in F5000 without telling us before he signed with us. Our contracts stated that a driver must inform us at first about his or her other commitments with other motorsports before signing. It seemed that Hopkins has not done so, so he will now be released from his contract"

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Racer wrote:Renzo principal Di Longo lays into Carrera Granada after Hopkins lay-off

After the sudden sacking of Jimmy Hopkins for taking a trip back to his homeland for some IPC cameos, the Carrera Granada team that released him from his F5000 contract has come under heavy fire from the team currently employing his services in tin-tops.

Renzo team prinicipal Danilo di Longo has vented his fury at what he perceives to be thinly veiled insults against the Italian-based Alfa squad. He pulled no punches when following up on his opposite number's comments.

"This man has his head in the sand for so long over this, he is an ostrich," he said. "Now usually I don't like to involve myself in the business of other teams, but he has insulted us. Just because he went to drive for a respectable outfit like ourselves in IPC - a much better series than F5000 I should add - and they cannot take it.

"The guy sounds like a jilted ex, trying to save face by saying they dumped him first. Maybe instead of blaming the boyfriend for running off with a better alternative, they should be introspective and find what they did to cause him to run."

It appears though that Carrera Granada are anything but on the rebound - sources have indicated they are not actively seeking a replacement for the released Hopkins.

Image Image
RonDenisDeletraz

Biscione wrote:
RonDenisDeletraz wrote:I might be half interested in running this, likely using NR2003. Can't give any guarantees but I will definitely look into what decent single seater mods exist. The sort of thing where I will very much have to learn as I go along

If you are looking to do something in NR2003, a first step that definitely would help everybody out, and also give you a better feel of whether or not you actually want to do this permanently, is run some of the remaining rounds of the IPC championship with the existing files, and then see where to go from there.

Hmm, I really would be interested in having a go at that, where would I find the carsets and other files I need?