2018 International Procar Championship (Kyalami Complete!)

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.

Should the chassis system be changed?

Poll ended at 24 Oct 2015, 22:18

No, it's fine as it is.
36%
Yes, to the proposed system on page 9.
64%
Yes, but in a different way to the proposed system (please explain).
No votes

Total votes: 11

Salamander

Re: 2018 International Procar Championship (New York Underwa

Post by Salamander »

Alright, I'm not really happy with how the reverse grid races have been turning out, so I'm putting up a poll to see how everyone else thinks. The poll will be open for 3 days.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Juan-Jose Rendon will replace Marcos Marcia in the #48 Repsol SEAT for the rest of the year.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

The A-Class Watkins Glen Feature race has been run - you can find the results on RejectSport.

Highlights

-----
I still need small upgrade plans from the following manufacturer - please note that the deadline for upgrades is before the Round of New York is complete:

• Triumph (pasta_maldonado)
-----
Aeroracing Engineering will not be competing after the New York meeting, and so 12 cars will now be moving on from the B-Class race.
-----
From now on, Sprint race grids will be set according to the fastest laps in the Feature race.
Everything's great.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Sometimes it's good, but sometimes kinda suck... and Saillard is still not quite helping himself with his driving
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

motorsport-total.com wrote:Kay Lon Abandons Team

A nasty surprise awaited the staff of Best In The World Switzerland on-site at Road Gatineau: instead of their lead driver Kay Lon a hurridly called-in Tristan Jung awaited them on practice day. With only leading personnel informed, this development caused a bit of confusion in the pit.

According to rumours, Kay Lon's wife Du Lon has begun being in labour and Lon took the first flight out of Canada back to Germany. The team has refused to comment on these developments, only declaring Lon's departure is for "personal reasons".

For Round 11:
Kay Lon OUT
Tristan Jung IN
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Jiri Komarek wrote:*Czech swear words*
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Salamander

Re: 2018 International Procar Championship (New York Complet

Post by Salamander »

The A-Class Watkins Glen Sprint race has been run, completing the weekend - you can find the results on RejectSport.

Highlights
A-Class Standings
Teams' Standings
Manufacturers' Standings
North American Trophy Standings
Everything's great.
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Roberto's race was great. He's getting quicker and more consistent as the championship goes by.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Michael Rohnstock wrote: All these bumpkins need to tone it down a bit. Everyone was hitting eachother out there and without handing out more penalties drivers who keep it clean will not have a chance to perform well with so many idiots out there.
Last edited by CaptainGetz12 on 11 Oct 2015, 16:13, edited 2 times in total.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

I made driver changes for #50 car which you can see on the wiki. Giuseppe Markus has health issue and cannot contest the rest of the season anymore.
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Can't hardly wait for Kieth to return

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Rejectsport wrote:Jordan to take Blokkmonsta Promoter's Hotseat

As the team prepared to leave Watkins Glen, Team chief Alexi Schnass announced that Carl Jordan would take the team's B-Class hotseat. "We are please to have Carl on the team." Alexi addressed the team in a small press release. "We are certainly have a better car than the Kiwis, so we hope he will bring us results."

Carl Jordan raced for Kiwi Racing in A-Class, where the SEATs they used proved to be very slow and unreliable. Though there are not many details, KR's poor results made Jordan leave the team on less-than-friendly terms, leaving his spot to Khaled Al-Dizi and, later on, Ofato Galuvao.

The B-Class Blokkmonsta car is scheduled to return to the grid at the Round of Germany on August 25, and will do the Rounds of Paris, the Pacific, Japan, and the season finale in Hong Kong.

(This is done with permission from HawkAussie. Jordan will use the same car, no livery change.)
Last edited by CaptainGetz12 on 11 Oct 2015, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Alright, I've been thinking about how I can improve the current system of IPC, to make the cars a little less reliant on complete random chance, and came up with the following proposal.

The new system will be based on the manufacturer standings, with the 16 manufacturers being split into 4 tiers. Each tier will have differing abilities in terms of year-on-year stat degradation, number of upgrades, and what RNG ranges are used for the Aero, Engine, Chassis, and Consistency stats. To give an idea of how this might look if it were implemented, here's the basic idea I have at the moment. It is by no means binding and if you have ideas to make it more workable, I'm more than happy to listen. I've also put a new poll up to keep track of everyone's opinions about this.
Everything's great.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I always have a preference towards systems that require diligence from the participants to develop a better end product. How such an approach would be implemented in IPC I do not yet know, but I'll keep thinking about it.

I think in the absence of a diligence-based approach though, this revised ageing system is a reasonably good step forward.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Wulfric Wombesi to drive for Lotto Racing in Canada
Congo driver Wulfric Wombesi is going to replace Miguel Rocha for the Canadian round of the IPC. Rocha decided to not drive in Canada in order to focus on working with Alfa Romeo to bring an update for the next European round of the championship. Wombesi is not a rookie on IPC, since he drove last year a race in the Privateer Class, and finished 6th. Wombesi has said his very excited to get back to driving, and he expects to help the team get a place on next year's A-Class grid.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Miguel98 wrote:Wombesi has said his very excited to get back to driving, and he expects to help the team get a place on next year's A-Class grid.

That would be quite a feat if he did through legitimate means, as only the top scoring driver for any team really counts for anything. :P
Everything's great.
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Team name: Valerian Juniors
Nation: France
Car: Dodge Charger
Driver 1 name: Riley Griffith
Driver 1 nationality: USA
Driver 1 number: 01
Driver 1 Previous exp: RSTS, GBRC
Livery: 01 Principal Financial Group. Will have a shot at it in the week. EDIT: Done it: Template (here): http://www.formularejects.com/uploader/ ... iorcar.tga
Rounds: Canada, Calder Park

Motorsport wrote:Valerian Junior car unveiled
The junior car entered by Valerian in the Thunderdome and Road Gatineau has finally unveiled its livery:Image
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
Salamander

Re: 2018 International Procar Championship (La Colina Comple

Post by Salamander »

The second small upgrade packages have been unveiled - teams running the following cars will have the respective upgrades:
  • Infiniti: Engine +1
  • Dacia: Consistency +2
  • Chevy: Chassis +6
  • Mazda: Aero +7
  • Alfa Romeo: Engine +1
  • BMW: Consistency +2
  • Toyota: Engine +2

The updated car stats look like this:

Code: Select all

Car          Aero   Engine  Chassis
Infiniti     51-63   52-64   49-61
Dacia        42-56   50-64   44-58
Subaru       45-62   50-67   58-75
Ford         36-57   35-56   30-51
Mercedes     45-54   47-56   49-58
Honda        49-64   51-66   47-62
SEAT         41-62   31-52   26-47
Triumph      61-71   50-60   54-64
Volvo        34-58   36-60   32-56
Dodge        56-68   57-69   45-57
Chevy        60-71   47-58   50-61
Holden       57-70   45-58   47-60
Mazda        51-65   54-68   49-63
Skoda        49-62   59-72   52-65
Alfa         47-55   53-61   55-63
BMW          48-65   51-68   47-64
Toyota       56-67   56-67   51-62
Lada         42-52   58-68   47-57

-----

Since there have been few responses in the poll, I've decided to extend it another week.
Everything's great.
Salamander

Re: 2018 International Procar Championship (Canada Underway!

Post by Salamander »

The B-Class Road Gatineau race has been run - you can find the results on RejectSport.

Highlights
B-Class Standings
Everything's great.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Vic Sunset will be withdrawing from the round of South Africa since it would conflict with his participation in the FIA Prototype Challenge. Sorry I did not advise here earlier, but Rick Miller Racing would need to find a replacement for him for that race. Sunset does want to do the final three races of the IPC season however.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Rocha happy with Wombesi performance in Canada

Replacing himself is not common on team owners who drive their own cars. Lotto Racing owner Miguel Rocha did just that for the Canadian round of IPC, putting Congo driver Wulfric Wombesi in the car. While Rocha stayed in Italy to help develop the Alfa Romeo 155 for the final part of the championship, Wombesi went to drive in the B-Class race in Road Gatineau. While in the free practice Torres was 3rd and Wombesi was only 23rd, for the qualifying that would determine the grid draw, Wombesi was 10th, while Torres was 3 places behind in 13th, with the draw ending up with Wombesi in 8th and Torres in 10th.

An inccident in the first lap ended Torres chances of points, with the panamian driver damaging the car, and having to pits for repairs, ending up 34th, and another disappointing performance by the panamian driver, after finishing 3rd and 1st in the first two races of the years. Wombesi on the other hand, took advantage of the incident and climbed into 5th, and despite running closelly to the top 4, he settled down for 5th place in the end, scoring Lotto's best result since Torres win in Bathurst early in the year.

Rocha revealed to the italian press that he hopes that Wombesi drives again this year for the team, and excepts Wombesi now to drive a good race in the A-Class race tomorrow.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:Vic Sunset will be withdrawing from the round of South Africa since it would conflict with his participation in the FIA Prototype Challenge. Sorry I did not advise here earlier, but Rick Miller Racing would need to find a replacement for him for that race. Sunset does want to do the final three races of the IPC season however.

Current F5000 Driver Roberto Zayas with some experience in the GTI Series is interested in having a one-off go, should you accept him a place.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Gonzalez wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:Vic Sunset will be withdrawing from the round of South Africa since it would conflict with his participation in the FIA Prototype Challenge. Sorry I did not advise here earlier, but Rick Miller Racing would need to find a replacement for him for that race. Sunset does want to do the final three races of the IPC season however.

Current F5000 Driver Roberto Zayas with some experience in the GTI Series is interested in having a one-off go, should you accept him a place.

Sure, if Salamander allows it.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Wombesi will drive the remaining non-european rounds for Lotto Racing in the place of Rocha.

AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:
Gonzalez wrote:

Connor O'Heagan has thrown his hat into the ring for this as well. He's doing the European rounds already, but will gladly find some Euro to do the South African weekend too.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

AndreaModa wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:
Gonzalez wrote:Current F5000 Driver Roberto Zayas with some experience in the GTI Series is interested in having a one-off go, should you accept him a place.

Connor O'Heagan has thrown his hat into the ring for this as well. He's doing the European rounds already, but will gladly find some Euro to do the South African weekend too.

It will be up to whoever owns Rick Miller Racing then.
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

My Apologies as I thought CaptainGetz owned the team. I would rather have not mentioned him as "their" team owner. But nevertheless, my offer is still in the hat depending on whoever owns the team chooses.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

I offer Rick Miller Racing (peteroli34) the services of Renaldo Jimenez for the Round of South Africa. He would bring sweet sweet Tropico cash with him 8-)

Also, why did Cecep need to pit? He was on a charge late in that race :?
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

AndreaModa wrote:Connor O'Heagan has thrown his hat into the ring for this as well. He's doing the European rounds already, but will gladly find some Euro to do the South African weekend too.

Rick Miller Racing would like to offer Connor the seat for the South African Race
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

peteroli34 wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:Connor O'Heagan has thrown his hat into the ring for this as well. He's doing the European rounds already, but will gladly find some Euro to do the South African weekend too.

Rick Miller Racing would like to offer Connor the seat for the South African Race

Hey hey! Consider it done! :)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Just thinking would it be possible for Jorg Scrattenheim to make a one off return to the category in the German Round, replacing Whiting. Wanted to give him a chance for a last hurrah at his home round?
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:Just thinking would it be possible for Jorg Scrattenheim to make a one off return to the category in the German Round, replacing Whiting. Wanted to give him a chance for a last hurrah at his home round?

Certainly.
Everything's great.
Salamander

Re: 2018 International Procar Championship (Canada Complete!

Post by Salamander »

Everything's great.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Apologies for not paying attention Salamander, but why is Dinella in the A Class race a bunch of times this year, whilst still doing B Class?

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

AndreaModa wrote:Apologies for not paying attention Salamander, but why is Dinella in the A Class race a bunch of times this year, whilst still doing B Class?

I guess because of that thing where the best classified B-Class cars may do A-Class.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

MtC Blog wrote:Not a Bad Debut by Stephan Generic

It was nice to do an international series debut here at home, Road Gatineau. This week has been a good learning process for me. I was called to drive for Mark the Car Team when our team CEO Giuseppe Markus stepped back from the #50 car. They initially wanted to put our Vanuatuan thesantipa junior driver, Iolu Natuman to replace him, but they can't do it on the last-minute due to he doesn't have Canadian visa yet and other personal circumtances. Instead I was called by the proximity.

Yeah! What a debut race. Who could have thought 9th is actually possible? Not even me. The car is good, the speed is good, there's crowd cheering, awesome! I qualified to race in A-Class too! A-Class race was tougher, all factory teams were really quick. It was a good learning experience and I'm looking forward to do next races in this series! That's all folks for today
tommykl has a stroke
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Klon wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:Apologies for not paying attention Salamander, but why is Dinella in the A Class race a bunch of times this year, whilst still doing B Class?

I guess because of that thing where the best classified B-Class cars may do A-Class.

Yep. The top twelve finishers will be allowed to take part in the A-Class race now that Aeroracing has been kicked out.
Everything's great.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Pavel Komarek wrote:See? That's what my son can do when he's not handicapped by stupid B-Class qualifying rules. It's no question he's one of the best drivers out there, and he's just going to get even better. There's not a driver in the field I'd rather have.

Jacques Couteau wrote:We've not enjoyed the best time out here in North America, and after Kyalami everyone's going to have some time off to spend with their families to battle away the homesickness.

Obviously for me it's not too bad having Laurent here, but I'm sure he misses his fiancee, and I miss my wife and daughter Adeline, who's racing in the Clio Cup this weekend. You never know, you might see her racing in this championship some day!

Hopefully, we can regroup, and kick on again with our championship battle.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Not bad, but still needs to be better

AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

A bit change of plan for drivers linings, but for sure it's final decision, unless extraordinary events happened
tommykl has a stroke