2018 AutoReject 2.0 - End-of-Season Testing Results

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2018 AutoReject 2.0 - NEW THREAD

Post by Ataxia »

PRE-SEASON TESTING

BAHRAIN INTERNATIONAL CIRCUIT:

Session 1 / Session 2

---------------------------------------------------------
LOSAIL INTERNATIONAL CIRCUIT

Session 1 / Session 2

---------------------------------------------------------

OULTON PARK

Session 1 / Session 2
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
pi314159

Re: 2018 AutoReject 2.0 - PRE-SEASON TESTING

Post by pi314159 »

Sølvy Ødegård wrote:The feature race was probably the best race of my career so far. I was battling with Jazmin and Kyösti for almost the full race. Constant wheel-to-wheel battles and no time to relax, not even on the straights. Only in the last few laps I managed to build a bit of a lead. I'm really happy to have collected my first AR2.0 win yesterday.

Today's sprint race didn't go quite as well, I managed to make up a few positions to finish 6th, but I still lost the championship lead to Kyösti. It's still early in the season, but with the level of talent in the field, you can't afford to lose any points if you want to win the title.

Jazmin Caldeiro wrote:The feature race surpassed all my expectations. Even after the promising tests, I was surprised to be able to fight for the win in my first race. At the end, my tyres were worn out, so I could only finish 3rd, but still, finishing on the podium in my debut race was a great experience.

The sprint race was effectively over for me after lap 3, when Rach Moore literally plowed through the field and ruined the race for several drivers. I had to pit for a new wing, and the rest of the race was effectively a test session to get some more mileage in the car.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2018 AutoReject 2.0 - PRE-SEASON TESTING

Post by Ataxia »

And the season has begun! Both the feature and the sprint at Monza have been run, and you can get the run down of events from the following race reports, race data from the Simresults pages and the standings after round 1.

Feature Race Grid
Feature Race Report / Simresults
Sprint Race Report / Simresults
Standings

Stewards' office:

Tyger Winters was demoted to 24th on the SPR race grid for causing a collision with Yael De Bock in the FEA race. He will receive ONE (1) warning point.
Sofia Bonaventura was demoted to 25th on the SPR race grid for causing a collision with Juliana Ivarsdottir in the FEA race. She will receive ONE (1) warning point.
Masami Karai was demoted to 26th on the SPR race grid for causing a collision with Carmen Alvarez Torrente. She will receive ONE (1) warning point.

Rach Moore was judged to have been the perpetrator in the pileup at Turn 1 on lap three of the SPR race. She will receive THREE (3) warning points, and hence is banned from competing in Round 2 at Magny-Cours where Plus One will be entitled to employ a substitute driver. Should they fail to do so, the AR2.0 commission reserves the right to hire a driver on their behalf.
Vaclav Malsyz was judged to have caused an avoidable collision with Michela Martin in the SPR race. He will receive ONE (1) warning point.

Medical Report:

Carmen Alvarez Torrente was checked by doctors after her collision with Masami Karai in the FEA race. Torrente was shaken, but proved to be sufficiently well to return for the sprint race.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
AndreaModa

Re: 2018 AutoReject 2.0 - Round 1 - Monza (FEA + SPR)

Post by AndreaModa »

Nelson Odewa will do anything, ANYTHING, to sub for Plus One at Magny Cours.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AndreaModa wrote:Nelson Odewa will do anything, ANYTHING, to sub for Plus One at Magny Cours.

If Pasta doesn't return in time to sort it, I'll happily put Odewa in...let's be honest, he's been completely shafted so far.
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

After a fever hit Masami, Riley Griffith will replace her for the Magny-Cours Round
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Furthermore, enough time has passed, so Odewa can take the #4 Plus One for Magny-Cours.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

The Magny-Cours weekend is over. Click the links for each thing.

Feature Race Grid

Stewards' Office

Riley Griffith has been awarded 1 warning point for causing a collision with Nelson Odewa in the SPR race.

Medical Report

Nothing so far.
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2018 AutoReject 2.0 - Round 3 - Valencia (FEA complete!)

Post by Ataxia »

The race weekend at the Circuito Ricardo Tormo is underway. Links will be added once each part is complete.

Feature Race Grid
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2018 AutoReject 2.0 - Round 3 - Valencia (underway)

Post by Rated »

Júlíana Ívarsdóttir wrote:I am really happy to score my second win this season. The guys did a fabulous job as usual and we're looking to score more great results in the next race.

Lukas Zaugg wrote:When the bad luck finally leaves me alone, I will be back on top again.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
AndreaModa

Re: 2018 AutoReject 2.0 - Round 3 - Valencia (underway)

Post by AndreaModa »

Hmm well the only way is up for Nelson I suppose. At least he got some AR2.0 experience!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Normal32

Re: 2018 AutoReject 2.0 - Round 3 - Valencia

Post by Normal32 »

Griffith will drive in the #25 for 2 more rounds: UK and Hungary
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2018 AutoReject 2.0 - Round 4 - Brands Hatch

Post by Ataxia »

The race weekend at Brands Hatch is now over. Links will be added once each part is complete.

Feature Race Grid

Stewards' Office

Juliana Ivarsdottir will receive ONE (1) warning point for causing a collision with Michela Martin in the FEA race.

Kevin van Kerckhoven will receive ONE (1) warning point for causing a collision with Lukas Zaugg in the SPR race.

Carmen Alvarez Torrente will receive TWO (2) warning points for causing collisions with Sofia Bonaventura and Yael De Bock in the SPR race.

Medical Report

Akoni Okalani was taken to the nearest medical facility after a huge collision with Vaclav Malsyz. He will be out for the sprint race, and also the following pair of rounds at Austria and Germany. Rosenforth will be entitled to employ a substitute driver. Should they fail to do so, the AR2.0 commission reserves the right to hire a driver on their behalf.

Juliana Ivarsdottir was taken to the nearest medical facility after her collision with Michela Martin. She was deemed well enough to take part in the SPR race.
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2018 AutoReject 2.0 - Round 4 - Brands Hatch (Results!)

Post by Ataxia »

When the wiki's back, I'll update tables. These are the top 5 in both championships as of Round 4.

Drivers' Championship:
1. Katie May - 76 Points
2. Kyosti Pykalisto - 46 Points
3. Marjolein Postma - 45 Points
4. Kevin van Kerckhoven - 41 Points
5. Lukas Zaugg - 34 Points

Teams' Championship:
1. Definitely Maybe Racing - 93 Points
2. Vivendi EBL - 91 Points
3. ICE-3 Racing - 58 Points
4. Ecurie Prenois - 58 Points
5. RonDen Racing Engineering - 52 Points

2019 AR2.0 News

There will be some changes to the format of the championship next season. I have been informed that Nurminen and Gauthier will not be continuing into next season. Due to inactivity across the board, Rosenforth, Plus One and Vivendi will have their entries rescinded at the end of the season, because it's too much hassle to do that now. Furthermore, Lotto Racing and Venturi are swapping entries between AR2.0 and F3.

Next season, the championship will be contested by nine 3-car teams. This will increase the grid size from 26 to 27. All three cars will count towards the teams' championship.

The calendar will be decided fully once the ARWS calendar is released. but I intend on having races at Portimao and Kyalami. Further details will be announced later in the season.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Just a quick confirmation that Kyoko Katayama will be replacing Sofia Bonaventura at Nismo Academy Voeckler.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

The race weekend at the Red Bull Ring has been completed.

Feature Race Grid
Feature Race Results
Sprint Race Results
V8fan12

Re: 2018 AutoReject 2.0 - Round 5 - Red Bull Ring

Post by V8fan12 »

SUMMERS WON A RACE!!! SHE ACTUALLY WON A RACE!! :shock:
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Riley Griffith wrote:The race was too dangerous; too many accidents, crashes and spins. The race should have been stopped, but it continued. It was a mess.
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Ramon Lorenzo wrote:
I've felt this race was a total joke. Loads of incidents and accidents everywhere. It's like a race i will ever forget.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

motorsport.com wrote:Provisional AR2.0 calendar revealed, new format confirmed

With the unveiling of the provisional ARWS calendar earlier in the week, the AR2.0 commission have also released their first-draft calendar for next season. The series will revert to a season-opener at the Circuito Ricardo Tormo, and will support ARWS at five venues through the season. For the first time since 2016, the series will venture outside of Europe to race at the Phakisa Freeway in South Africa, and another first-time race looks set to be added with a weekend at Portimao.

The calendar will consist of nine rounds, each with a feature and sprint race. However, the commission has announced that only nine teams will be granted entries for 2019, but each team will run three cars each. Rosenforth, Plus One, Vivendi and Gauthier look set to leave the series, whilst Nurminen are also believed to be considering their future.

The draft calendar is as follows:

1. Round of Spain - Ricardo Tormo - standalone - 6/7 Apr
2. Round of Italy - Monza - AR3.5 support (TBC) - 20/21 Apr
3. Round of Portugal (TBC) - Portimao - standalone - 11/12 May
4. Round of France - Magny-Cours - ARWS, AR3.5 (TBC) - 15/16 Jun
5. Round of the UK - Brands Hatch - ARWS, AR3.5 (TBC) - 22/23 Jun
6. Round of Austria - Red Bull Ring - ARWS, AR3.5 (TBC)- 6/7 Jul
7. Round of Germany - Lausitzring - AR3.5(TBC) - 27/28 Jul
8. Round of Belgium - Spa - ARWS, AR3.5(TBC) - 24/25 Aug
9. Round of South Africa - Phakisa - ARWS - 28/29 Sept
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

The race weekend at Zandvoort is now under way.

Feature Race Grid
Feature Race Results
Sprint Race Results

Medical Report:

After a crash sustained in the feature race, Marjolein Postma has been assessed by the trackside medical staff and will not be cleared to compete in the sprint race. However, she will be fine to return at the Round of Germany.
alg2159

Re: 2018 AutoReject 2.0 - Round 6 - Zandvoort

Post by alg2159 »

I would like to be part of the AutoReject 2.0 waiting list, if it is still possible.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

alg2159 wrote:I would like to be part of the AutoReject 2.0 waiting list, if it is still possible.

Sure thing!

Since I've just noticed that the waiting list is rather large, I'll drop the plan to have 9 three-car teams and instead add a 14th team to push the numbers up to 28.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

The race weekend at Lausitzring is now under way.

Feature Race Grid
Feature Race Results
Sprint Race Results
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Ah, Okalani is back in at Rosenforth after the injury. That makes sense. Had me confused wondering where Odewa had gone for a second!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Re: 2018 AutoReject 2.0 - Round 7 - Lausitzring

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Pykalisto right back in the hunt for the title now :glasses:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

With two rounds remaining, these are the standings here. There's a fair few battles that'll be resolved in good time; Spa will be run in the next few days to keep pace with the other AR series, and then the finale will happen a week or two after that.

After the season ends, I'll run an end-of-season test as usual to give the chance for people to test potential lineups and give new drivers a run out. This will most likely be at Motorland Aragon.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

The Spa-Francorchamps weekend is now underway.

Feature Race Grid
Feature Results
Sprint Results

Stewards' Report

Carmen Alvarez Torrente will be banned for the sprint race as well as the Hungarian round of the championship, having ignored blue flags. This caused Solvy Odegard to take evasive action and Lukas Zaugg to lose positions whilst Torrente was a lap down.

Arnaud Nandan has received an official warning for blocking Gregg Donnelly's access to the pitlane on lap 4.

Michela Martin has also received a warning for causing a collision between Jazmin Caldeiro and Juliana Ivarsdottir whilst being lapped.
Normal32

Re: 2018 AutoReject 2.0 - Round 8 - SPA!

Post by Normal32 »

Karai will drive in place of Torrente for Hungaroring
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Standings going into the final round are available here.

The Hungaroring races will be run Sunday and Monday evenings, so join us in chat for live text commentary if you wish to experience the madness.

Afterwards, I will open up the entries for post-season testing at Motorland Aragon. Current teams will be allowed to select drivers to run, although I may hand over control over teams with absent owners to those on the waiting list.

Furthermore, with a number of teams leaving AR2.0 at the end of the season, V8fan12, FantometteBR and CaptainGetz will have the opportunity to join the series next season if they want to. SeedStriker, Simtek and AndreaModa will also be invited to join if they wish to give up their respective F3 teams. You don't have to decide now, of course, we have a good long while yet.

Normal32 and Miguel98 are swapping their entries between the two series.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Put me down as definitely wanting to switch from F3 to AR2.0 if possible. Ta.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

I will definitely accept a spot :)
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Ataxia wrote:Standings going into the final round are available here.

The Hungaroring races will be run Sunday and Monday evenings, so join us in chat for live text commentary if you wish to experience the madness.

Afterwards, I will open up the entries for post-season testing at Motorland Aragon. Current teams will be allowed to select drivers to run, although I may hand over control over teams with absent owners to those on the waiting list.

Furthermore, with a number of teams leaving AR2.0 at the end of the season, V8fan12, FantometteBR and CaptainGetz will have the opportunity to join the series next season if they want to. SeedStriker, Simtek and AndreaModa will also be invited to join if they wish to give up their respective F3 teams. You don't have to decide now, of course, we have a good long while yet.

Normal32 and Miguel98 are swapping their entries between the two series.

I will accept the spot if it's still open.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Hm, my drivers keep on being inconsistent.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

I will be sticking with F3 for the time being, so that should move some people up the rather long waiting list ;)
#FreeGonzo
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

The AR2.0 final weekend at the Hungaroring is underway.

Feature Race Grid
Feature Race Results
Sprint Race Results

And the season is complete. Here are the complete standings: http://formularejects.com/wiki/2018_Aut ... #Standings

Katie May is the winner of the 2018 AutoReject 2.0 Series, Vivendi EBL win the Teams' Championship, whilst Jazmin Caldeiro is the first winner of the AR2.0 Rookie Cup.

As is customary, I will go through the top three picks for Reject of the Year.

3rd: Pietronella Addiks - Addiks was unable to improve on a dire 2017, and was consistently at the rear of the action. Okalani frequently outpaced his team-mate, but Addiks somehow ended up scoring whilst Okalani sustained an injury.

2nd: Arnaud Nandan - Red Bull placed faith in the Frenchman, expecting him to lead the team after Scrattenheim moved to AR3.5. However, he was frequently involved in accidents, and eventually ended Kyosti Pykalisto's hopes of snatching the title by stopping his car on the apex of T5 and collecting the Finn who was closely following. Oh, and his rookie team-mate Vaclav Malsyz completely obliterated him over the season.

1st: Ansett Australia Rosenforth - Rosenforth took Iakopo Fuamatu to a title fight last season, and the team scored 112 points to finish 4th in the Teams' Championship. This year, they scored 110 fewer points. Rosenforth were toothless, the management was non-existant, and the decision to rehire Addiks for a second season was barmy. After a strong few years in the championship, this was a sour note for the team to leave on.
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2018 AutoReject 2.0 - SEASON OVER!!!

Post by Ataxia »

Double post, but whatever.

You can now begin to nominate drivers for the end of season test at Motorland Aragon on the 22/23 October 2018. People looking to get drivers into the series can also nominate them here and hope a team picks them up. Please provide ages (or even better, a date of birth) for new drivers so that they comply with the age restrictions.

If you would like to fill out the following form, that would be fantastic.

Code: Select all

Team:
Day 1 Lineup:
Driver 1
Driver 2

Day 2 Lineup:
Driver 1
Driver 2

I'd like to offer out a couple of my own drivers:

James Wilmington (CAN)
- Raced in AR3.5 last season to limited success, looking to get back into AR2.0 after a good North American season in 2017. He once met Jacques Villeneuve, later describing his controversial compatriot as "a self-important ass with a stupid rubbery face".

Alfie Lockwood (GBR) - born 25/12/2000 in Truro, Cornwall. Known as "Jesus" to his friends, the "Falmouth Flyer" to South West media and "who?" to everybody else, Alfie brings a large portfolio of Cornish sponsors including an estate agent, an art gallery and a well-known pasty outlet.
tommykl

Re: 2018 AutoReject 2.0 - May Champ, Post-Season Testing Pla

Post by tommykl »

"Lain Coubert" (19) - a mysterious driver, ostensibly of South East Asian origin, but racing with a pseudonymous Spanish license. He brings a decent amount of sponsorship backing and has steadily grown in experience in karting and Formula 4, scoring a couple of wins in 2018. Already tested an AR2.0 car last season with decent results.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Tyger Winters - Took part in AR2.0 in 2018 took a best finish of 7th, looking to remain in the series for 2019.

Ethan Renaud - 27/06/2002 - Hails from Basse-Terre, Guadeloupe competed in the first half of the 2018 Ginetta junior championship scoring a double win at the Donington round. Once he turned 16 he started competing in the French F4 championship taking part in the final 3 rounds taking victory in the final race of the season at Croix-en-Ternois.
Last edited by Peteroli34 on 07 Jun 2016, 16:47, edited 1 time in total.
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Team: Venturi Racing
Day 1-2 Lineup:
Riley Griffith
Giuseppe Colombo
Last edited by Normal32 on 07 Jun 2016, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.