Your Reject of the Race - Malaysia

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Londoner

Your Reject of the Race - Malaysia

Post by Londoner »

I don't care if we've over half the race still to run, there's a surefire ROTR nomination already.

Marcus Ericsson - That was the worst overtake attempt, of all time. Alex Wurz would be impressed.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
roblo97

Re: Your Reject of the Race - Malaysia

Post by roblo97 »

From what I have heard, both Force India drivers look like good nominees.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Marcus Ericsson: What the hell was that?
Sebastian Vettel Haters: Haters gonna hate.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Gotta be Marcus Ericsson. Probably on course for more points, but instead we got to watch him beach it in slow motion. Gave us a safety car, but for Ericsson it was just amateurish.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
LukeB

Post by LukeB »

Cynon wrote:Sebastian Vettel Haters: Haters gonna hate.

Ugh do we have to start this Autosportesque nonsense again?
Making up the numbers
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Force India
Worst car in the field, but the Manor. Looked awful, and Pérez was a monumental schmock for most of the race.

Sergio Perez
Almost took out Romain, and got Button to say "Are we actually catching someone?". Bad, bad.

Marcus Ericsson
It all started so well, it all ended with a stooge move. Way too ambiious move. Lessons have beee learned.

Sky Commentators
They have to win this. What a bunch of assholes. No other word to describe them.

Mercedes
Why do Mercedes get a nomination? Because believing that they we're going to do 30 laps on the softer compound, when they couldn't even achieve 20 laps on the hard, must have involved some heavy drug Taxi-like comsuption.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Pretty much the whole field bar field bar Mercedes and Ferrari, but mainly these teams.

Sauber - From hero to zero in one race. It will likely be a while before they score again. Plus Nasr wrecked Raikkonen's chance at a podium.

Lotus - So the car is better than last year's eh, really?! One car retires from reliability issues, the other drops back from a promising start. Still no points!!!

Red Bull - How ironic that they were lapped by their former spearhead driver near the end. Plus I laughed when Kvyat crashed with the Hulk.

McLaren - They're getting better but are still crap.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

good_Ralf wrote:Pretty much the whole field bar field bar Mercedes and Ferrari, but mainly these teams.

Sauber - From hero to zero in one race. It will likely be a while before they score again. Plus Nasr wrecked Raikkonen's chance at a podium.

Lotus - So the car is better than last year's eh, really?! One car retires from reliability issues, the other drops back from a promising start. Still no points!!!

Red Bull - How ironic that they were lapped by their former spearhead driver near the end. Plus I laughed when Kvyat crashed with the Hulk.

McLaren - They're getting better but are still crap.

Because getting a puncture, and getting spun by Perez when you're coming to get points it's they're fault. Clearly.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
mario

Post by mario »

Ericsson for me would appear to take this - by his own admission, he was simply far too ambitious on the brakes and threw away any chance of scoring points today with a far too ambitious move.

Force India were also pretty dire too - their pace was terrible, both drivers ended up racking up penalties and there appear to be few options for redemption in the future too.

[Edit] Now that I think on it, Red Bull deserve a dishonourable mention too. Both of their drivers were beaten by both Toro Rosso drivers, and in some ways they were lucky to score points at all given the problems that befell Lotus - it's certainly not the performance they would have hoped to put in.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
BigG80

Post by BigG80 »

Marcus Ericsson takes the gold for his woeful overtake attempt. Such a shame as he was having a good race to that point.

I thought Perez looked pretty shoddy out there too.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

It just has to be Marcus Ericsson. It seems like he spent about 200 metres deciding on whether to take the corner or not.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
sw3ishida

Post by sw3ishida »

I think I agree with the general view here, but Marcus Ericsson. What else is there to offer for that kind of retirement?
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Marcus Ericsson- WTF was that spin, one of the stupidest crashes i've seen

Force India- Slow, Holding other drivers up, crashing into other cars

RedBull - Beaten by Toro Rosso, seems the team left the brakes back in Australia
Zergon

Post by Zergon »

Force India, Red Bull and McLaren all made decent cases to get this one but really, this has to go to Marcus Ericsson for throwing away nice qualifying performance and good start for the race.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Sorry to spoil the party, but I don't see any point in waiting. Many drivers had so-so races, some even had bad races, but only one driver had a rejectful race - Marcus Ericsson. A fairly simple error leads to a trip into the gravel trap, showing he really does fit the old-school pay-driver mould. He earns, what I believe to be, his debut ROTR.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

I'm going to say Alonso's career moves. I was listening to the BBC Radio commentary on this one, and Alonso's exit seemed completely quiet and uneventful from near the back of the race. I genuinely feel really sorry for the guy, as Vettel's reaping all the rewards of coming to Ferrari at exactly the right time, whilst this is only the latest poor career choice from Alonso in a long line of them (thinking his actions mid-2007 which alienated him from McLaren, forcing him back to Renault to waste 2 years there, turning down a Red Bull offer around this time). There's nothing wrong with Fernando himself, it just seems to be that he did some deal with the devil back in '06 and has suffered in results through no fault of his driving since.

Honourable mention to Red Bull being beaten by the junior team. It's definitely not the engine that's their issue, is it.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Tank

Post by Tank »

For sheer comedy value, it has to be Ericsson.

Dishonourable mention to Red Bull - hope they can halt the decline, as their drivers deserve better than this.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Ericsson really is a no-brainer in this case. Though I would give a dishonourable mention to Red Bull for being beaten on merit by Toro Rosso.
#FreeGonzo
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Honorary mention to Eddie Jordan for referring to Ferrari as that legendary team from the early 1990s, Scuderia Italia, on the podium!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Bobby Doorknobs

dr-baker wrote:Honorary mention to Eddie Jordan for referring to Ferrari as that legendary team from the early 1990s, Scuderia Italia, on the podium!

It kind of makes sense to say that in this context. But it really was unexpected and welcome to hear him say that!
#FreeGonzo
girry

Post by girry »

I'll admit I looked away when Marcus span so I may have missed the comedical value of his incident, but in my opinion Red Bull's performances - given the volume of complaints they've directed towards their engine supplier - should be ROTR worthy every time until they manage to look even remotely competitive against the might of Scuderia Toro Rosso
when you're dead people start listening
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

giraurd wrote:I'll admit I looked away when Marcus span so I may have missed the comedical value of his incident, but in my opinion Red Bull's performances - given the volume of complaints they've directed towards their engine supplier - should be ROTR worthy every time until they manage to look even remotely competitive against the might of Scuderia Toro Rosso

Seconded.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
went

Post by went »

3 - McLaren: What the hell was that. Though, admittedly, they weren't that rejectful today, they are just aiming for RotY.
2 - Ericsson: What the hell was that. That retirement (with SC bonus points) was just pathetic.

And the winner is...

1 - Red Bull: Beaten by the Toro Rossos fair and square, lapped by Vettel for extra comical value, all of that amidst a permanent black cloud every time they used the brakes. Something doesn't work here.
More_Blue_Flags

Post by More_Blue_Flags »

Ericsson. That was just woeful, although on the plus side my entire family got a laugh out of that awful overtake/spin.

Dishonorable mentions to Red Bull (beaten fair and square by the B team over at Toro Rosso) and Force India - of the latter, Perez looked particularly clumsy.
CoopsII wrote:Wouldnt it be lovely if just for once someone said "I really want to emulate Boutsen and get a decent, if not spectacular, result with some solid points".
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Ericsson. Pure reject comedy gold!
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
tBone

Post by tBone »

Marcus Ericsson deserves ROTR for that. What a silly mistake.

A very dishonourable mention goes to Red Bull Racing. Will Renault be whining about their poor chassis this week?
YOUR
LOGO

Here
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Ericcson had to win this, most pathetic thing I have seen since Maldonado's Bahrain lunge last season!

Gotta say though Red Bull ran him close as that was a pretty poor showing from them, Force India were pants too. I also want to mention Mercedes. Their strategies from doing Q1 on Options to thinking that they would catch 14 seconds when lapping less than 0.2 quicker than Vettel showed just how much they arrogantly expected to simply walk it. May this ice water bath wake them up is anyone's guess
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Marcus Ericsson - the lels were topped :D

Dishonourable mention goes to Force India.
The battle between Hulk and Checo was great for television, but other than that...
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

1) Marcus Ericsson: From hero to zero in one race. And even if he triggered the SC that helped Ferrari and Vettel, his mistake was one of a rookie.

2)Force India: The car is a mess, and holding back Hulk and Checo for nothing to gain is ridiculous.

Dishonorable mentions to Red Bull (my brakes) and McLaren (Manor have better reliability)

The Dumbest Team Change Ever Award goes to Fernando Alonso: Seeing Vettel win with Ferrari after he left must be painful for the Spaniard
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Biscione has made the (undoubtedly correct) call, but I feel minded to remind everybody that ROTR is for specific rejectful actions more than general bad performance :P

Most pathetic entrance into a gravel trap since China 2007.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Marcus Ericsson - Very rejectful way to retire.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Marcus Ericsson for the utterly rejectful nature of his retirement. he could have just waited to the run to turn 4 to pass but no he went full Alex Wurz France 2000 with the same result
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

I take back my nomination for Lotus, but the fact is they should have scored some points in the first two races to put them around 4th to 6th, instead they have wasted their chances despite some bad luck and are still pointless. They are 2nd from last in the WCC, only ahead of Marussia!

Plus nominating Ericsson for ROTR is fine, he was stupid, but remember if he didn't spin out, the SC might not have deployed and we might not have seen Vettel win. Yes, I hated his domination at Red Bull but now he is in a less competitive car it is easier to root for him when he does well now.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Francis23

Post by Francis23 »

1. Marcus Ericsson- Well I did say he would bin it early, but wow! :oops:
2. Red Bull- Spent the past week moaning about Renault, then proceeded to finish solidly behind their junior team who happen to use the same engines.

Dishonourable mentions to the CGI effects, Force India, Daniil Kvyat and the 'one helmet' rule (stupid thing to enforce)
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

3. Mercedes - Ferrari were fast and deserved to win the race but Mercedes should have at least been able to challenge them for it. Their tyre strategy was madness. Running both cars on mediums only at the start of the race? Even a used set of mediums would have been faster than the hards surely? And how did (if they in fact did) they run out of mediums anyway? Hamilton missed the best part of half of free practice and then 2 of the 3 qualifying sessions featured rain!

2. Marcus Ericsson - Just when I was beginning to believe he had a mite of talent. That was poor, lazy car control. Its been a while since we've had a car retire beached in the gravel.

1. Red Bull - Why do they continue to blame Renault for everything. That both cars finished behind both Toro Rossos is a clear indication that something is badly wrong with their chassis. And also their brakes of course, they were the only team to have that sort of problem. An awful showing, they barely struggled to make the points and one of them could well have been had Ericsson completed the race.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Marcus Ericsson - you have to be seriously rejectful to get beached in the gravel at Sepang.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Ericsson, but I don't like doing it. I feel I'm being un-supportive.

Rosberg, he was timid and lame.
Just For One Day...
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

For me, a choice between Stewards and Ericsson. I'm going to give it to Ericsson because it was a true reject retirement. He isn't a rookie anymore and even for Rookie standards it was a silly mistake. Also, he could had scored some points with some luck.

A special mention for Stewards. Nasr almost ruined Raikkonen's race and got no penalty. A 10 seconds penalty for Force India drivers were unfair for me too.

Again we saw lack of consistency from Stewards. Where is the "we allow the drivers to race" talk?

Another special mention for Nico Rosberg. The season only started and looks like he gave up already.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
mario

Post by mario »

watka wrote:1. Red Bull - Why do they continue to blame Renault for everything. That both cars finished behind both Toro Rossos is a clear indication that something is badly wrong with their chassis. And also their brakes of course, they were the only team to have that sort of problem. An awful showing, they barely struggled to make the points and one of them could well have been had Ericsson completed the race.

Horner has claimed that part of the problem is that they switched brake supplier after pressure from Vettel to move from Brembo to Carbone Industrie in late 2014, the disks and callipers for which have different cooling requirements and an impact on airflow through the hub.

Interestingly, although Vettel was the one who suggested Red Bull should try a new brake supplier for 2015, Vettel is still using Brembo's products now that he has gone over to Ferrari.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Bobby Doorknobs

mario wrote:
watka wrote:1. Red Bull - Why do they continue to blame Renault for everything. That both cars finished behind both Toro Rossos is a clear indication that something is badly wrong with their chassis. And also their brakes of course, they were the only team to have that sort of problem. An awful showing, they barely struggled to make the points and one of them could well have been had Ericsson completed the race.

Horner has claimed that part of the problem is that they switched brake supplier after pressure from Vettel to move from Brembo to Carbone Industrie in late 2014, the disks and callipers for which have different cooling requirements and an impact on airflow through the hub.

Interestingly, although Vettel was the one who suggested Red Bull should try a new brake supplier for 2015, Vettel is still using Brembo's products now that he has gone over to Ferrari.

Should we be standing up?
#FreeGonzo