1996 Rejects-1 Season: Race 17 Up, season finished

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 1996 Rejects-1 Season: Race 3 Up

Post by Rated »

Rejectsports wrote:"Now or never" for Natascha Zaugg
Rejects-1 driver Natascha Zaugg has stated that 1996 will be her last season in the series. Safety issues and awful luck are the main reasons of her future departure. "I'm one of the top drivers of the series, I would put myself in the top 3 without any doubt. I'm really confident in my racing abilities and in my team's [Hunter Autosport] professionalism. However, I still remember the time I nearly got beheaded by a rail after my car failed in the 1994 race at Pergusa. The incident has no effect on my performances, but it has bad effects on my everyday life outside of the track, this moment is stuck in my head. I'm only 23 and I've seen many terrible accidents since 1991, it does not help... I can't stay here after 1996, I believe there's a big problem with the series' safety standarts but the drivers and teams don't seem like wanting to unite and put an end to this. This year is my last chance at winning a championship here, I hope bad luck will leave me alone now. It's now or never, and I'll make sure to do my best on every remaining lap." said Zaugg.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Autosport wrote:"Motorsport Series in Shame"
Rob Lomas Racing boss, Rob Lomas, has condemned the organizers of the Rejects 1 series for their attitude towards driver safety and their 'Corrupt business practices'.
In an exclusive interview, Rob said to us that he is appalled with the driver safety record in the series saying...
"This is a world wide motor racing series which has the most horrific safety record of anything i have ever witnessed. There were 6 injures in 1994, 1 life threatening injury in 1995 and 4 injures so far after 3 races this year. It is disgraceful that people are still being injured like this."
Rob also mentioned that he thought there was more than met the eye about some of the financial dealings going on between the Markus brothers.
"I think this series is corrupt, there is no 2 ways about it. Just because the organizers are p****d that Rob Lomas Racing won the first 2 rounds doesn't mean that they should subtract upgrades instead of adding them on. This series is unbelievably corrupt and so badly run, I think the brothers should just sell up to some people who have a proven track record in running championships like this. I mean Qyerl isn't even a real name for a start."
He also said,
"There are so many bad business practices going on. This must stop."
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Lotto Racing Boss smashes R-1 organization:

Carlos Rocha, the manager of Lotto Racing, has brought up new comments, regarding the lastest R-1 controversy. Ever since the series began, the series has always had controversy, for his high levels of unreability, and for crazy results, and injures. Rocha adds that "After Maroon injury, and subsequent retirement from the series, which we discussed after the accident, I'm more than concerned with the level of organisation in the series, regarding safety of the drivers", the portuguese magnat added. With other managers and drivers uniting for better safety, which include Austrian Natascha Zaugg, which so far has had a very bad season, for her standards, beeing always to the back of the grid."
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Aussie Motorsport to withdraw after the season
Aussie Motorsport will be leaving the series at the end of the season with the manager of Aussie Motorsport saying "This has been a injury magnet ever since it started back in 94. Even though we have been lucky with injures (none to be in fact) we think that someone could die in this series". This is after Lotto Racing and Rob Lomas Racing bosses saying that safety needs to be improve.
Officially Retired
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Kim Jong Sung wrote:If you aren't prepared to die, you're not worthy of being a racing driver.
Ps: hail to the Dear Leader.

The Korean authorities confirm that none of the Kim-Jong-Sungs died during their careers.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Bernard Leclercq wrote:Safety has always been an issue in motorsport. I go out in the car knowing that I could die behind the wheel of the car. I accept this fact and I move on without ever thinking about it. But there are those moments where I can't help but think, 'Who knows, I could be next.' It hurts, for me to have to think about this. But we've seen 4 injuries so far this season. In 3 f***ing races. I'm sorry, but this is a little excessive. Hell, the injury rate since I've arrived in this series has been a little off the rails. I still recall my crash at Hockenheim, and Natascha Zaugg's at Enna-Pergusa, in particular. Zaugg was f***ing lucky to escape that with her life. I had one hell of a pain for 2 months after Hockenheim 1994, and simply couldn't bear sitting still on the sidelines. I'm a driver, and I want to drive. All of these racers would say the same. But, we would be considered both stupid and bloody brave to continue. Put me in that latter checklist, as I want to race. Consider my team staying, at least for the rest of the year. We'll consider things at the end of the year. I don't want to give up on an operation I've put so much effort into yet.

Now, as for the other things going on besides safety, I have no comment. Mr. Lomas, if you aren't satisfied with your team's performance, then find a way around it. You placed a lot of power upgrades, but what happens then? Worsened reliability. Upgrades being subtracted? Please, I'm having a bloody laugh. My reliability is complete shite this year. Am I bloody complaining? No. Plus, people have ups and downs in form. The organization already has enough problems to sort through. Whether these problems like driver safety will be resolved adequately, we will find out.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

Rejectsports wrote:Team Sprunk goes bust
The drinks company from San Andreas announced that they would withdraw their team from Rejects-1 after the Argentinean race, citing economical reasons. "I feel sorry for our drivers, they did very good last year, but we have just enough money to go home. Our parent company told us we had to stop there." a spokesman said.

1 driver upgrade for Gunnarsdottir and Peynirci, and we're out.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

The Daytona Beach News-Journal wrote:Rejects-1 Under Heavy Investigation

Following an unenviable record of heavy accidents in its short history, Rejects-1 has finally come under the scrutiny of a regulatory agency.

"A number of very serious charges against the R-1 Commission have recently been brought to the attention of the OSHA [Occupational Safety and Health Administration]," said an spokesperson today. "The accusations are severe and credible enough to warrant the initiation of a full and thorough investigation. I can provide no further details at this time."

R-1 has been plagued by allegations of corruption and systematic complacency since its inception only two years ago; dozens of brutal driver injuries have occurred under R-1's jurisdiction since that date, alienating audiences and sending the already disappointing television ratings into a steep decline. The abject failure of the R-1 Commission to adequately address the situation has only further exacerbated R-1's negative public perception; moreover, it is widely suspected that the Commission is concealing the full extent of the driver injuries suffered under its governance, and that several drivers declared by R-1 to have 'recovered' continue to suffer from serious chronic medical complications directly resulting from their respective accidents.

Should the OSHA investigation yield conclusions supportive of the aforementioned charges against the R-1 governing body, it is considered highly likely that R-1 will be prohibited from racing on U.S. soil. Furthermore, the report could form the basis of new litigation or even a prosecution case against the R-1 owners; potential strikes against this much-maligned motor racing series from which it may very well never recover from.
Last edited by kevinbotz on 25 Jan 2015, 03:42, edited 1 time in total.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

The Daily Mail wrote:Prime Minister urges boycott of bloodbath
It is not every day a world leader gets involved in the politics of a motor racing series but the Prime Minister today urged teams to boycott the British round of the Rejects-1 series at Donington Park on June 30th. John Major said,
"This series is a complete and utter bloodbath, I 100% condone it. Any driver in their right mind will think twice before considering to race in this series."
More on page 81
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Rejectsports wrote:Hunter Autosport Latest to Criticise Rejects-1

Hunter Autosport Team owner John Hunter becomes the latest to speak out about Rejects-1. "4 drivers have been injured in 3 races its a ridiculously rate. While ill accept that Motorsport is dangerous and drivers do get injured and some are tragically killed but these should be rare events, not something we face every time the red lights go out . I believe that someone will die this season if nothing is done." Asked about if his team will continue "Our sponsorship ends this year and trying to convince a sponsor that they should be involved this series I don't think can be done, will we pull out before the season ends who knows. The real question is will the series last the season"?
[/quote]
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

The Grand Prix Journal wrote:Kagawa to leave Northgate

Satoru Kagawa, Northgate's Japanese driver, who is set to receive a 25 kg penalty, has announced he is leaving Northgate Engineering Rejects-1 team, over safety concerns.

Kagawa, who had left Northgate under good terms, missed the Brazilian race after suffering from a feet injury during the first round in Florida, United States, having suffering a brake failure.

In an interview to Japanese media, Kagawa stated that he is well aware of complaints from other teams and drivers regarding Rejects-1's declining safety record following Cameron Maroon's heavy accident in Argentine race. He had received 25 kg ballast penalty for "dangerous pull over when his car failed into [Sam] Pritchard" during that race.

"Even though my leg injury in Florida wasn't that serious, recent things and complaints from other teams have made my injury sound worse. I could have broke my leg; and no, I don't want that. I have a career; a dangerous one; but I don't want my life wasted in a death trap." Added Kagawa, "I already spoke to Mr. [Tommy] Northgate, and he said he's going to pull the plug on Rejects-1 at the end of this season."

Kagawa is set to drive in the Japanese Touring Car Championship later this year, driving a Honda Accord with Team Geo. Northgate has hired American driver Patrick Boon to replace the outgoing Kagawa.

Time to join the outrage train :P
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

KOMPAS, 27 Maret 1996 wrote:Petrus Handoyo Pindah dari Rejects-1 ke IndyCar

Pembalap Indonesia yang mengemudi untuk Caraxl Racing, menyatakan keluar dari Kejuaraan Rejects-1 karena beberapa alasan. Salah satunya adalah karena isu keamanan di Rejects-1 yang sering membuat pembalap cedera. Tahun ini, sudah ada 4 pembalap yang cedera dari 3 balapan. "Saya tahu setiap kali saya masuk ke mobil saya, melaju kencang, selalu ada kemungkinan saya dipanggil duluan oleh-Nya atau cedera serius. Saya masih ingat kejadian saat Rejects-1 masih bernama Life Grand Prix Series pada 1993 di Mondello, Irlandia. Dan sekarang saya menyetir jenis mobil yang sama (Life L190) tapi dengan spesifikasi Rejects-1 yang sangat berbeda. Kecepatan puncak mobil ini hampir 50 km/j lebih cepat dari Life GPS namun peningkatan keamanannya tidak sebanding dengan peningkatan kecepatan.

Caraxl Racing dengan (James) Generic, (Ronald) Tenpecost, dan saya sudah setuju akan meluaskan operasi di IndyCar dan saya dipromosikan untuk membalap di sana. Saya sangat senang dengan kesempatan ini, maka untuk itu Rejects-1 harus kami tinggalkan. Tapi kami sudah setuju saya akan kembali untuk balapan di Indonesia September nanti.

If you want a translation, PM me :P

Aussie News, March 29th 1996 wrote:Markus Mk. Company in Trouble after Rejects-1 Injuries
We here reported that the company behind Rejects-1 World Championship is currently in severe trouble. Having only done a little to improve safety since 1994, another four drivers have been injured in the first three rounds this year. To make matter worse, the financial condition is not very healthy since last year's crisis. We have also heard a rumour that Markus are planning to cut the calendar down to just 11 races. Possible cancelled races are New Zealand (Teretonga), France sprint (La Sarthe), Germany (Hockenheimring), Norway (Mo I Rana), South Africa (Kyalami), and Indonesia sprint (Sentul) and another possible cancelation at Donington Park following a joint-boycott plan by the teams.
But they are saying to add another race in the same country, but we haven't heard any possible venue for now.
Another rumour is there are corruption in the business, but Australian's goverment have inspected this rumour and find out it's just a business crisis that looks like a corruption to the outside
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Argetina highlights

Aussie News 2nd April 1996 wrote:Rejects-1 Schedule Shuffled by Markus Mk. Company

Following some critics by the world about the Rejects-1 safety, Qyerl and Giuseppe Markus agreed to make drastic changes at least for the remaining races this year. Here is the details:

• Maximum race duration is reduced from 85 minutes to 65 minutes except France SuperPrix, and Canadian finale and most race is shortened by 20%.
  • Race at New Zealand is limited to 60 laps or 154 km
  • Race at Italy is limited to 50 laps or 240 km
  • Race at Norway is limited to 40 laps
  • Race at Belgium is limited to 25 laps
  • Sprint race at Indonesia is cancelled
  • Shannonville Motorsport Park at Canada will host the season finale at 6th of October. Race distance is the same like 1995

Also I would like to run the race today or tomorrow so Lotto please tell will they race with another driver or not
Last edited by AxelP800 on 05 Feb 2015, 11:11, edited 2 times in total.
tommykl has a stroke
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

I have no idea what drivers are available, so any info on that?
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Miguel98 wrote:I have no idea what drivers are available, so any info on that?

Take your pick;

Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Hunter Autosport can offer our test driver Thomas Day for the seat
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

This was the obsoleted list

I'm not sure if William Anker, Atos Koumettou, Alik Mori, Eric Courbois, Danny Fernadez, Evelyn Gomes is available
tommykl has a stroke
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

I recall from when I tried to sign William Anker as a replacement for when Leclercq got injured in 1994 that he was already retired by FullMetalJack.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Well, Mori drives then, if he accepts it.

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

#MoriFact - Alik Mori was the first Micronesian to be offered employment by a Belgian-registered organisation for anything ever.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Vitkin and Courbois are always available, as they are not participating in canon championships for another 20 years. You can also put Josip Stalic on that list, as he is no longer committed to GLB.

Also: Dennis Mignolet is interested to join this series for a few one-offs.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Oh.. Mignolet? A belgian driver for a belgian team would be good. If it's okay This, Lotto offer Mignolet the seat for the next race.

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Miguel98 wrote:Oh.. Mignolet? A belgian driver for a belgian team would be good. If it's okay This, Lotto offer Mignolet the seat for the next race.

#MoriFact - Only a fool passes up on an opportunity to run Alik Mori.
Everything's great.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Miguel98 wrote:Oh.. Mignolet? A belgian driver for a belgian team would be good. If it's okay This, Lotto offer Mignolet the seat for the next race.

Yeah, of course He brings you valuable experience from running unreliable Ligiers. Just hope he doesn't get into heavy accidents, because he's a succesful GT-driver 20 years later.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

1996 Rejects-1 Kiwi New Zealand Grand Prix

EDIT FIRST: Due to an error I mistakenly read Ron Mignolet instead of Dennis. I'll get that photoshopped later, and you we can just assume Ron Mignolet here is Dennis
Quali Result

Race Result

Fastest lap: Vic Sunset - 49.561

Commentary log

Also reread this, I edited it
tommykl has a stroke
Shizuka

Re: 1996 Rejects-1 Season: Race 4 Up

Post by Shizuka »

Eh. That was poor. Four driver upgrades please.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

+1 reliability, please.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

+1 Overall Drag Reduction For Hunter Autosport please
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

1x start upgrade for both drivers
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

2 reliability upgrades please.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Should the owner agree, we would like to replace Forestiur-Valerian with Gunnarsdottir, starting from the France SuperPrix (Forestiur will still do the Sprint)
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

As I've now taken ownership of Alik Mori's DEC, the Micronesian is ready and willing to accept the offer from Lotto Racing, should it still be on the table.
Everything's great.
The Dutch Bear

Post by The Dutch Bear »

Normal32 wrote:Should the owner agree, we would like to replace Forestiur-Valerian with Gunnarsdottir, starting from the France SuperPrix (Forestiur will still do the Sprint)

You have my permission.

As it appears that we have some money lying around, time for some upgrades:

1x Increase car downforce 1200 AUD
1 x Reduce wing drag 700 AUD
1 x Mass 1 kg reduce 400 AUD
1 x Engine torque (acceleration) upgrade 800 AUD
1 x Engine power (peak power) upgrade 700 AUD
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Upgrades added and driver changes too but one

Who will drive Lotto Racing in next race Miguel?
tommykl has a stroke
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Alik Mori, as agree with Sally.

If This likes, Mignolet will race in selected events as per he wants.

Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Miguel98 wrote:Alik Mori, as agree with Sally.

If This likes, Mignolet will race in selected events as per he wants.

Yeah, alright. If any race clashes with the F1RGPC, then he will not race, as he has a team to run over there.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Rejects-1 Australian Grand Prix

Qualifying Result

Race Result

Budgets updated

Commentarry log
tommykl has a stroke
FMecha

Re: 1996 Rejects-1 Season: Race 5 Up

Post by FMecha »

500 on Boon's performance and 800 on my car's power :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

#MoriFact - Rejects-1 has had to severely limit the abilities of the Lotto Racing car in order to prevent the entire field from being embarrassed by the greatness of Alik Mori.
Everything's great.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Salamander wrote:#MoriFact - Rejects-1 has had to severely limit the abilities of the Lotto Racing car in order to prevent the entire field from being embarrassed by the greatness of Alik Mori.

...which isn't actually outside the realms of possibility. I'm surprised Axel doesn't just cut out the middleman and just choose who he wants to win each race.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...