The most anonymous F1 stints

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
andrew

Re: The most anonymous F1 stints

Post by andrew »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Ataxia wrote:
andrew wrote:Lotterer.

404 Error: Humour not found.

That is who they were talking about. I agree lotterer is a epic boss.
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

Biscione will have a look at you now.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Bruno Senna's entire career? Until literally 2 minutes ago I'd completely forgotten the bloke even existed... :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I had forgotten that Karun Chandok had had a one-off race for Team Enstone in 2011. I had thought that he was his fellow Indian, Narain Karthikeyan, that had done that.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
James1978

Post by James1978 »

One that I'd just been reminded of in the 2015 Silly Season thread - I'd totally forgotten Daniel Ricciardo drove for HRT in 2011. I thought he debuted with Toro Rosso!
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

dr-baker wrote:I had forgotten that Karun Chandok had had a one-off race for Team Enstone in 2011. I had thought that he was his fellow Indian, Narain Karthikeyan, that had done that.

You sure you meant Fondmetal Team Malaysia, right? :P

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Shizuka wrote:
dr-baker wrote:I had forgotten that Karun Chandok had had a one-off race for Team Enstone in 2011. I had thought that he was his fellow Indian, Narain Karthikeyan, that had done that.

The stint's so anonymous, he forgot what team he drove for.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

FullMetalJack wrote:
Shizuka wrote:

The stint's so anonymous, he forgot what team he drove for.

Exactly!

(Or maybe I just got confused which team Team Lotus was...) :?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Easy way to remember which team was referred as Lotus in 2011 and 2012. That was the team Vitaly Petrov was not driving for.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

The best way to see which stints were the most anonymous is to look for which drivers are named more than once in this thread as people have forgotten that they've been posted about before!
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Pasta "Photoshop" Maldonado for Spambot of the Year. It's isn't even close. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Wallio wrote:Pasta "Photoshop" Maldonado for Spambot of the Year. It's isn't even close. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm not sure what's worse: slander or the fact you said "It's isn't".
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Forgive my phone's autocorrect. Perhaps you'd like to whip up a page about it?

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Wallio wrote:Forgive my phone's autocorrect. Perhaps you'd like to whip up a page about it?

Do you react this vehemently to every joke you don't find funny? Or are you offended by things you're incapable of doing? I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter option, it tends to be people of lesser intellect who start bullshite arguments on forums.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Wallio wrote:Forgive my phone's autocorrect. Perhaps you'd like to whip up a page about it?

Do you react this vehemently to every joke you don't find funny? Or are you offended by things you're incapable of doing? I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter option, it tends to be people of lesser intellect who start bullshite arguments on forums.

No, I react this way to posts that have spread into multiple posts, then into multiple threads and now multiple forums. And judging by several other reactions, I'm not the only one. We get it, you can photoshop, and you think you're funny, good for you. Stop spamming multiple threads. I'd like to read a few that don't have blatant lies in them. Then you have the gall to shout down people ho call you on it.

The real humor is you supposedly started these to counter the confusion and post deletion surrounding the shutdown of the main site. Yet your resort to post deletion to keep your "jokes" alive. Ironic no?

So please, lets keep the lame jokes and post deletions to one thread please? Hell, you can name it after yourself since you crave so much attention.

roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Wallio wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:

No, I react this way to posts that have spread into multiple posts, then into multiple threads and now multiple forums. And judging by several other reactions, I'm not the only one. We get it, you can photoshop, and you think you're funny, good for you. Stop spamming multiple threads. I'd like to read a few that don't have blatant lies in them. Then you have the gall to shout down people ho call you on it.

The real humor is you supposedly started these to counter the confusion and post deletion surrounding the shutdown of the main site. Yet your resort to post deletion to keep your "jokes" alive. Ironic no?

So please, lets keep the lame jokes and post deletions to one thread please? Hell, you can name it after yourself since you crave so much attention.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Seriously Wallio, none of the jokes are lame in the slightest and actually, a lot of effort is being put into them, I use Photoshop at college and it is a pain in the arse.
Also, I think Vettel can be added to the list anonymous careers so far because he is never really mentioned because he made the races boring by being so far in front. Some races were like watching paint dry.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

roblomas52 wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Seriously Wallio, none of the jokes are lame in the slightest and actually, a lot of effort is being put into them, I use Photoshop at college and it is a pain in the arse.
Also, I think Vettel can be added to the list anonymous careers so far because he is never really mentioned because he made the races boring by being so far in front. Some races were like watching paint dry.

I use Photoshop and InDesign quite a bit at work, and no, its not hard. Does it have a very steep learning curve? Yes. Is it horrifically time consuming? Yes. But if your patient (which I often am not) it is not difficult.

That's not the point though, the point is, keep them to one thread so I and everyone else can avoid them. Its not too much to ask.

Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Again, i fail to see the problem and just see a bunch of people having fights over nothing in particular.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

This wrote:Again, i fail to see the problem and just see a bunch of people having fights over nothing in particular.

That's also how I've been seeing these arguments as well. I've refrained from saying anything about telling them to stop it because whenever I intervene in something, it usually gets worse.
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

I would post the Rodney King photo again, but that would be the third time I've done it, and the second time in as many days. So I'm just going to ask that everybody be friends. :)
#FreeGonzo
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Wallio, I've already issued a warning on you for this. Just lay off, you don't need to like Pasta's humour but you also don't need to bring up your dislike in every topic. And TBH, you're exaggarating the "issue" - besides PMMF which is a free-for-all country I haven't seen fake news reports outside of two topics and very little complaints from members other than you.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Nuppiz wrote:Wallio, I've already issued a warning on you for this. Just lay off, you don't need to like Pasta's humour but you also don't need to bring up your dislike in every topic. And TBH, you're exaggarating the "issue" - besides PMMF which is a free-for-all country I haven't seen fake news reports outside of two topics and very little complaints from members other than you.

Fair enough. You have made your decision and while I don't agree with it, I will respect it. I'm thinking about stepping away from this board for a while, (PMMF aside). It is not what it once was.

Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Jim Crawford for Lotus... back in the 1970s. I thought he had only raced in IndyCar, which I like studying the history of.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

roblomas52 wrote:Also, I think Vettel can be added to the list anonymous careers so far

Stupidest thing i've heard on this forum all year.

Vettel? Anonymous? Sure, nothing says anonymous like winning four consecutive World Championships and winning nine races in a row.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

FullMetalJack wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:Also, I think Vettel can be added to the list anonymous careers so far

Stupidest thing i've heard on this forum all year.

Vettel? Anonymous? Sure, nothing says anonymous like winning four consecutive World Championships and winning nine races in a row.

Vettel is the exact opposite of Jim Crawford, Whatever his first name is Kiesa, and others who just silently appeared in F1 to disappear as silently as they entered.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
takagi_for_the_win

I'll have a glass or three of whatever you're on please Rob.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:

He's got a point in that i already forgot how much titles Vettel has already got. But i still remember that it's a lot. It's kind of like saying you never noticed Lewisteria was a thing.
takagi_for_the_win

This wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:

He's got a point in that i already forgot how much titles Vettel has already got. But i still remember that it's a lot. It's kind of like saying you never noticed Lewisteria was a thing.

Lewisteria? Wut? Pretty sure F1's never had a driver called Lewis...
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Lewisteria? Wut? Pretty sure F1's never had a driver called Lewis...

Lewis who? Never heard of him.....
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Frogfoot9013 wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:Lewisteria? Wut? Pretty sure F1's never had a driver called Lewis...

I think he means this guy?
MCard LOLA
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

dr-baker wrote:
Frogfoot9013 wrote:

I think he means this guy?

The last F1 driver called Lewis was back in 1858? So all those people on about a driver called Lewis at present or on about Lewisteria are smoking something seriously strong.....
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Frogfoot9013 wrote:The last F1 driver called Lewis was back in 1858? So all those people on about a driver called Lewis at present or on about Lewisteria are smoking something seriously strong.....

Ah yes, the 1858 British Grand Prix was a cracker....
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Frogfoot9013 wrote:The last F1 driver called Lewis was back in 1858? So all those people on about a driver called Lewis at present or on about Lewisteria are smoking something seriously strong.....

Did I say 1858? I am such an eejit. :oops:
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

pasta_maldonado wrote:

Yes indeed. If I'm not mistaken, it saw the managerial début of a young Bernie Ecclestone :P
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

tommykl wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:

Yes indeed. If I'm not mistaken, it saw the managerial début of a young Bernie Ecclestone :P

Whilst the above is generally believed to be the first public appearance of Bernie Ecclestone, recent archaeological excavations in Pompeii have revealed stone tablets relating to the management of a chariot racing team with the inscription of "Bernardus Ecclestonius".
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

Nuppiz wrote:Whilst the above is generally believed to be the first public appearance of Bernie Ecclestone, recent archaeological excavations in Pompeii have revealed stone tablets relating to the management of a chariot racing team with the inscription of "Bernardus Ecclestonius".

Was the chariot team a reject chariot team by any chance? :P
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Frogfoot9013 wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:Whilst the above is generally believed to be the first public appearance of Bernie Ecclestone, recent archaeological excavations in Pompeii have revealed stone tablets relating to the management of a chariot racing team with the inscription of "Bernardus Ecclestonius".

Not unlikely, it's been proven that Michael Schumacher was a chariot racer and Jean Todt a chariot race manager. Both in the ancient Olympic games. It was in an Asterix movie, so it's a historical fact!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:
Frogfoot9013 wrote:

Not unlikely, it's been proven that Michael Schumacher was a chariot racer and Jean Todt a chariot race manager. Both in the ancient Olympic games. It was in an Asterix movie, so it's a historical fact!

I was led to believe that Ecclestonius's team won several titles under the name of Brabamus, and therefore was not a reject team. However, his future as head of the Frenetic One-Chariot Association (FOCA) was at times controversial and unpopular for various, numerous reasons.
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

dr-baker wrote:I was led to believe that Ecclestonius's team won several titles under the name of Brabamus, and therefore was not a reject team.

But it was very dodgy. From the Latin first-conjugation verb: brabo, brabare, brabavi, brabatum: "to bribe". Hence, Brabamus: "we bribe". Takes the accusative.

Bernardus Ecclestonius senatum, exercitum et lictores cum mille milium denariis brabavit. Senatus non delectatus est. Ecclestonius in vincula coniectus est.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

dinizintheoven wrote:
dr-baker wrote:I was led to believe that Ecclestonius's team won several titles under the name of Brabamus, and therefore was not a reject team.

But it was very dodgy. From the Latin first-conjugation verb: brabo, brabare, brabavi, brabatum: "to bribe". Hence, Brabamus: "we bribe". Takes the accusative.

Bernardus Ecclestonius senatum, exercitum et lictores cum mille milium denariis brabavit. Senatus non delectatus est. Ecclestonius in vincula coniectus est.

I swear he paid his way out though. :P