2017 AR Indy World Cup

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
DemocalypseNow

Re: 2017 AR Indy World Cup

Post by DemocalypseNow »

With five spaces and five applicants, everyone waiting is admitted into the series.

Entries are now closed permanently, and there will be no waiting list. Entrance into the Indy World Cup will be achieved from now on via promotion from the Indy Academy series. There is currently one space remaining in said series at the time of writing.

There's a couple of things you can do now; engine choice is much like AR3.5, in that it's indicitive only and won't affect performance files, so you can go ahead and declare one now. Also, your car numbers for this season can be dealt with now. By default, teams who were present last season will retain the rights to their old numbers from 2016. For some teams, they had three or four numbers, and so will have to declare which two they will continue with and dump the rest. Teams are free to dump their old ones for new ones that are free.

Check the opening post for the currently reserved numbers.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Well, i shotgun for #31 and #32! And for engines, it would make sense to team up with Vanhool again.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Peak Motorsport Canada
Engine: Mazda
Numbers: #27 and #28

Drivers will be #27 Steven Mackintosh and #28 Tony Scrugham III

Viktor Pasitchnjuk will replace Mackintosh for the Grand Prix of Houston only.
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I don't have the #20? Well, damn, guess I'll switch to #9 and #10 then if that's alright...

Engine-wise, just stick Alvarez down for Cosworth since I'm feeling unimaginative...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

V8fan12 wrote:Peak Motorsport Canada

Oh, right, my bad, I forgot to mention that - the team of the drivers' champion has the right to #1 and #2, but have permanently selected numbers for when they are not the champions. In Infiniti Voeckler's case, they will retain the #27 and #28 they used last season alongside #1 and #2. I should have written that sooner, sorry! But can you please pick again?

Image Image
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Can I switch 14 for 98?
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Biscione wrote:
V8fan12 wrote:Peak Motorsport Canada

Oh, right, my bad, I forgot to mention that - the team of the drivers' champion has the right to #1 and #2, but have permanently selected numbers for when they are not the champions. In Infiniti Voeckler's case, they will retain the #27 and #28 they used last season alongside #1 and #2. I should have written that sooner, sorry! But can you please pick again?

Oops sorry about that :oops: I'll pick #19 for Scrugham and #91 for Mackintosh then.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Euromotor Int. will go with Honda engines for the season and the following line up:

#23 - Beth Lestrade (GBR) (will only focus her career with American 'open-wheel', leaving touring categories aside for now)
#69 - Open for any available driver
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

I'd like to get #94 and #95.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Tassie Racing will also take Honda engines for the season and the current lineup

#57 - Open for any available driver (But must have open wheel experience canon or not)
#58 - If we are allowed RL drivers then I would like to have Janneau Esmeijer on my team, if not then I would like to offer Matteo Vasquez (SeedStriker) a spot on the team.
Officially Retired
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Mazzacane Motorsport will use #11 and #12 and will use Chevrolet engines.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

CWG Data Collection will run with #67 and #68.

Given their extensive technical ties with the Caterham F1 outfit, CWG will be powered by Judd engines for 2017.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

The Alliance will keep numbers and open the seat to any available driver with sufficient experience. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Cassidy Racing will be powered by Dodge.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

FMecha wrote:The Alliance will keep numbers and open the seat to any available driver with sufficient experience. :)

No. You have three numbers. You need to choose one of the threee to drop.

Image Image
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Biscione wrote:
FMecha wrote:The Alliance will keep numbers and open the seat to any available driver with sufficient experience. :)

No. You have three numbers. You need to choose one of the threee to drop.

#60 will be dropped and we will run Mazda badged engines. :)
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

USD will honour our long term association with GM and run with Chevrolet engines
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Loyer Racing Technologies would like to use Honda badged engines.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

For drivers, this might be time for a glorious comeback for the mighty Kim Jong Sung (altough he's getting a little bit old, he still has plenty of experience in high powered machinery,and i couldn't find any championship where he was entered in on the wiki), the second driver will be a pure RonDen product, Dorien Lamberigts, planning to repeat her brothers tradition of poor race pace.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Hunter-Maple Racing will use number 14 and 77 and will run with Chevrolet badged engines
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Checkered Flag will run Chevy badged engines.

Johannes Das Schaf is available for anyone who needs a pay driver
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Dreanought will run Chevrolet engines.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Aeroracing Engineering will resign Claude Speed for car #20. Car #22 will be driven by a debutant in the series but who has been a regular frontrunner in the old Indy Lights championship, achieving 9 wins in 2 seasons and finishing 2nd last time, American Phil Edwards.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Just to point something out - all of your driver signings are meaningless at this point. The process for signing drivers hasn't been defined yet, there will be RNG for real life drivers, and certain rules for fictional drivers. So you can state intentions and ask for permission for fictionals and all that, but nobody is being signed just yet.

Also, anyone that fails to declare numbers will get their old ones, and anyone that doesn't declare an engine supplier, I'll choose one for them.

Image Image
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

People Power will use Dodge engines.
Edit: Since their defiant choice left the series unimpressed, the rebadging has been axed.
Last edited by Klon on 14 Oct 2014, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Racer wrote:Next generation Indy car in doubt after testing woes

The introduction of the next generation Indy machine has been thrown into uncertainty after mixed testing results, making a return to the DW12 that had previously been used a possibility.

"The car is fast, and also very safe, but reliability has been a bit of a sticking point," said IWC test driver Tim Horan. "The packaging of the car is really marginal to maximise the aero, and this is comprimising cooling efficiency quite badly. It will need more work before it is race ready. But the car is good in qualifying trim."

Given the teething troubles with the SuperIndy 17 next-gen car, it looks possible that the series may fall back to the previous generation Dallara DW12s for the 2017 season, while further development work is conducted to the SI-17.

Image Image
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Onyx will abandon #38 for here on out... and keep the Mazda engines from last season. #25 will become #33...
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Still dealing with the woes of testing?
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:Still dealing with the woes of testing?

He's having RL reasons for not proceeding right now. Although I cannot blame anyone doubting biscione's commitment to series management - yes, I am aware that I am throwing meteorites in the glasshouse, so no need to point that out.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

At the moment Biscione is tackling some urgent health issues, similar to what I had to do with holding back AR 3.5 shortly after I had run the MEC. But I have the utmost faith in Biscione getting this thing off the ground.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Nuppiz wrote:

At the moment Biscione is tackling some urgent health issues, similar to what I had to do with holding back AR 3.5 shortly after I had run the MEC. But I have the utmost faith in Biscione getting this thing off the ground.

Ah, that would make sense. Oddly, my ankles and studies may leave me in the same boat.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

It's been pointed out to me that it's getting to the end of the 2017 canon season already. I will be shelving most of the gameplay elements for the moment and just getting on with running the damn thing. I made the mistake of trying to have the thing running perfectly before we even began, which was a bit silly. So the series will be a bit trial and error for the first season or two.

There will still be driver RNG for real-life drivers (which are limited to one per team). There will still be some testing involved during the year, namely a pre-season test, and two mid-season tests exclusively for rookie drivers.

Series administration
Restov Racing, Dreadnought Racing and Checkered Flag Motorsport have been removed from the list due to their owners' well documented inactivity. This means there are three open places on the entry list. I will hand these out to applicants as I see fit (in other words, even if you come along fourth, you could still end up in the show). Michael Bright Racing and CR Motorsport need to confirm their new constructor names. Michael Bright Racing, Union Saver Developments, Aeroracing Engineering and Hunter-Maple Racing need to confirm their race numbers for 2017.

Liveries
I am planning to have some video involved with this series. I can't guarantee it 100% because my computer isn't super powerful and might have framerate issues with a full pack of cars, but I do plan to try and make it work. So, some nice liveries would be good. Below is the PSD of the car template. Please try and stick to the contigs and positions of where stuff already is.

Download Template

Next steps
All that needs to happen now is for team owners to sign some drivers and submit their liveries (and give team names/numbers if your team is listed in the Series administration section). Go!

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Exide Cassidy Racing will confirm that our 2017 driver lineup will consist of Natalie Ryder and a combination of Du Lei (for race 1) and Tomo Kazama (for the remainder of the season)
Everything's great.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

CR Motorsport confirm that a deal has been signed with Ashley Cassidy. We are aiming to sign the following RL drivers in that order:

Marco Andretti
Adam Andretti
Rubens Barrichello (has a part-time gig in ACO Le Mans Cup, but would only miss one race)
Abraham Calderón
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Former F1RWRS veteran Ashley Watkinson is looking for a ride in the Indy World Cup, with a team that has a proven track record of success in single seater formulae.

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Biscione wrote:Former F1RWRS veteran Ashley Watkinson is looking for a ride in the Indy World Cup, with a team that has a proven track record of success in single seater formulae.

Yeah sure, make me a standard RonDen livery and he gets a full drive with the contractual clause that i can not fire him for the whole year ;)
For the other car, i will bid on real life drivers (in this preference) Max Chilton, Giede Van Der Garde, Robin Frijns and Jerome D'Ambrosio.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Hunter-Maple Racing aim to sign one of the following RL drivers

Jenson Button
Ryan Hunter-Reay
Kohei Hirate
Spencer Pigot

We are also on the lookout for an experienced driver preferably with Indycar experience to fill the other seat

If anyone is able to create a livery similar to this it wil be much appreciated thank you
Last edited by Peteroli34 on 01 Feb 2015, 19:12, edited 1 time in total.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

If anyone is looking for a good driver, don't forget that Scott Dixon exists. AKA the man who manages to go faster while at the same time saving fuel.
Everything's great.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Salamander wrote:If anyone is looking for a good driver, don't forget that Scott Dixon exists. AKA the man who manages to go faster while at the same time saving fuel.

With that, AET's #41 goes to Tim Horan and #42 goes to Scott Dixon. :D
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Peak Motorsport Canada will run Tony Scrugham III in the #19 and Steven Mackintosh in the #91, with Viktor Pasitchnjuk replacing Mackintosh for Houston due to scheduling conflict.