091116 Abu Dhabi GP Edition

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Yannick

Re: 091116 Abu Dhabi GP Edition

Post by Yannick »

The big news in Formula 1 at the time might be not even from F1 at all (like is usually the case in the podcasts) but in fact, from NASCAR. Scott Speed, the former Toro Rosso driver who almost scored a P8 once, has successfully made brought his car into the Top 35 of the owner standings, guaranteeing himself a grid slot for the first 5 races of next season, including the Daytona 500. Guess what position he came in at the end of this season? Yes, in 35th. He beat the experienced John Andretti to the final spot, which is something that Speed's former Red Bull teammate AJ Allmendinger did not achieve in his rookie season.

I have to admit that I'm not a NASCAR follower and only look over their results once in a while, but still, this seemed noteworthy to me. By the way, Massimiliano Papis came 43rd in the standings.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 091116 Abu Dhabi GP Edition

Post by tristan1117 »

Debaser wrote:Jose Maria Lopez coming from Argentinian touring cars to USF1 is a reject move, that'll be a crash waiting to happen.

Another Gaston Mazzacane perhaps? The mechanics better run...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLiIA4e3jSU&NR=1
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there