F1RWRS 2017 - DE BOCK WDC JONES WCC -- Vote ROTY NOW!!!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
tommykl

Re: F1RWRS 2017 - Monaco LIVE NOW

Post by tommykl »

Auto Hebdo wrote:De Bock unhappy with Monaco performance
Despite finishing the race in fourth place and keeping the championship lead, Thomas De Bock was not pleased with his showing in Monte Carlo.

The 31-year-old Belgian and current F1RWRS championship leader started the race from eighth position before an incident on lap 1 left him in fourteenth position. "That was absolutely my fault, and it ruined my hopes for points", De Bock said, before regretting his lack of aggression when it came to overtaking. "I know I should have tried harder to pass Hansuke [Shioya], and even though I ended up ahead, it stopped me from getting a shot at the podium."

De Bock remains confident that he can keep his championship lead until the end. "Today wasn't so good for me, but I hope to stay consistent and bring home more podiums and wins for the team. Rhys drove a perfect race today, and I think that together, we can take Voeckler to the constructors' title."

Tony Gillet wrote:Well, obviously, things aren't changing much. The chassis is fundamentally flawed and beyond repair. Really, the best we can do is concentrate our resources on next year's car and search for the right drivers to be there next year. Daniel's already let me know his intention to retire after this year, and Eric knows he has no chance of staying with us. We'll be looking at our own junior team in F2RWRS, but perhaps also towards some familiar faces to help build the team back up and develop the car.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Speed is there, now it's time to push for reliability. Not going down without a fight.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Niko Nurminen wrote:POINTS POINTS POINTS! WOOOHOOO!
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Points for the driver leading the pre-qually cup? Woo hoo! And Douglas Mann retires with transmission problems? What a bloody surprise... :roll:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

MESTOLIO IN RAGE WITH HIS CAR RELIABILITY; THE TRUTH ABOUT HIS SPA RETIREMENT!

Fredo Mestolio has raged today exclusively to La Gazzetta dello Sport after yet another DNF at Monaco and has spoken about his retirement in Spa, which was deemed as an accident, although a very strange one. "There's no reason to hide anymore! The car in Spa suffered various malfunctions at the same time. There's some engineer out there with the Melrose Booze Bus keys and he's using them in the wrong way, at the wrong time, because I can't believe how many times I've been screwed over this season! In Spa it was really dangerous and here's the real reason I had that awkward accident. The driveshaft broke. The bathplug driveshaft! So I came out of La Source and went straight to touch the wall, but not enough to damage the car. Then I had steering once again but when I came to attack Eau Rouge the car went straight forward to the wall. Then the on-board computer for some reason showed I had no transmission... That was a bathplug disaster and it was really really dangerous. If it had happened 2 seconds after that I would have gone straight at 270 km/h ... No wonder why Dagnall escaped his contract with MRT ... Now I just want to see out the season and focus on 2018. Now leave me alone with my Pizza, please"
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Jones will be running a test at Silverstone from the 21st to the 22nd September (a couple of days after Monaco). Any/all are welcome to join in.

Aerond - check your PMs. ;)

Silverstone, GB - 21st-22nd September 2017
Driver 1 (both days) Diego Alvarez Torrente
Driver 2 (both days) Terry Hawkin
Focus: Driver ability
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Autosport wrote:Gauthier confirm 2018 F1RWRS lineup

Equipe Gauthier has today confirmed it's lineup for the upcoming 2018 F1RWRS season. South African Danny van Rijkens will be returning for a second season with the French constructor, with highly-rated Dutchman and AR3.5 title protagonist Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen making his top-tier debut alongside him.

To read more, subscribe to Autosport+ today

Gauthier will be conducting a test at Magny-Cours from 20-26 September focusing on Driver Development. Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen will be the sole driver on all days.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Now that Ben Fleet has served his one-race ban, he will return to his Foxdale seat for round 13.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

www.sportschau.de wrote:What Is Wrong With Kay Lon?

With only four races in the season remaining, it is clear that Kay Lon is going to lose the intrateam battle against Alexey Buyvolov and do so by a significant margin. Generally, Lon is having a miserable season by his standards. He is 18 points off his teammate and has no win compared to the two of Buyvolov. Unfortunately, Kay Lon himself does not comment on his struggles to match Buyvolov, just commenting that he is happy with Buyvolov doing so well and stating that he wants him to do so in order to maximise the chances of winning the WCC.

Now, an inside source has revealed to a Chinese sport magazine that Lon has apparentely mentally quit RWS1, considering his drive with Aeroracing little more than an addtional source of funding for his projects with the Best In The World™ brand. This rumour is supported by Lon avoiding the media at race weekends whenever possible and giving very short answers in post-race press conferences. This has been percieved as an uncharacteristic change for the German driver already. Kay was not available for comment.

www.sportschau.de wrote:Cara Claims Success With MRT Is Destiny

Earlier this season, Alberto Cara was revealed to have signed a one-year contract with Melrose Racing Team. Today, the Tropican driver appeared in an interview on the MRT YouTube page. In it he talked about the upcoming year with MRT and his hopes with the new team. "I always knew I could be a winner in RWS1 and with MRT, I think I should be able to both help the team achieve great things and fulfill my personal destiny," the 27-year old commented.

He also spoke about his previous racing career, highlighting the years in RWS2 as a major reason for being able to adapt to the demands of primetime so quickly. Interestingly, he spoke of his now former teammate Douglas Mann. "It is a shame he got sacked, I learned quite a lot of him. Kay [Lon] always insisted he was the more talented of the Manns and I can kind of see where he is coming from," explained Cara.

www.sportschau.de wrote:Kazama To Test For Kingfisher?

According to rumours in the paddock Tomo Kazama is rumoured to have asked her manager Kay Lon to help her secure a test drive with Plus One Kingfisher Racing. Kazama is said to be interested in working with the ninth-placed team in order to get more information on former Plus One driver Nathan McKane. Kazama is rumoured to have taken a major shine to the British driver, who is currently working for Scuderia Ferrari Gauloises in Formula One, having returned to his winning ways there.

Experts more down to Earth assume that Kazama wants that test to advertise herself to either Kingfisher Racing themselves or to other teams looking for new drivers in 2018. Kazama, who has struggled to make the translation to the faster cars of the AR Indy World Cup, may very well be interested to return to the series known for enduring the type of character Kazama is. When asked about the rumours, Kazama just said that she "can do anything at any time, so you will just have to wait and see."
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Tyre makers can introduce now a new compound.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Klon wrote:
www.sportschau.de wrote:[size=156]Cara Claims Success With MRT Is Destiny

Interestingly, he spoke of his now former teammate Douglas Mann. "It is a shame he got sacked, I learned quite a lot of him. Kay [Lon] always insisted he was the more talented of the Manns and I can kind of see where he is coming from," explained Cara.

Are you insinuating that Douglas Mann should go into driver coaching? Or that Pippa Mann was just no good?
MCard LOLA
The Lukas

Post by The Lukas »

Autosport wrote:Alexey Buyvolov:I'm close to winning the championship, and I can not make any mistakes!

Russian revelation this season F1RWRS, Alexey Byuvolov is close to winning the championship, the Russian who in the Monaco Grand Prix was on the 2nd position in the general classification is third, a leader, a Belgian Thomas de Bock, losing 5 points, the Russian says that if you do not commit any error in the last four races, is the closest win championship

"It all depends on whether or not we make mistakes in the last four races, if not the championship is really close, but like I said do not make any mistake"

The Russian also spoke about his future, he said that it is likely to be in Aeroracing Engineering, but does not rule out that if there would be any concrete proposal that it will consider

"At the moment I am a driver Areoracing, and probably it will be in the next season, I'm happy with the team, but if there would be any concrete proposal from another team, then I think about it .."
FMecha

Re: F1RWRS 2017 - Marrakek GP Sunday @ 8PM

Post by FMecha »

Is the pay-driver compulsory spending rule still in effect? I wonder how much I have to spend (or "be paid to the Comission" if unused) now. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

FMecha wrote:Is the pay-driver compulsory spending rule still in effect? I wonder how much I have to spend (or "be paid to the Comission" if unused) now. :)

Yes it is. You must spend 165 credits :)
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Aerond wrote:
FMecha wrote:Is the pay-driver compulsory spending rule still in effect? I wonder how much I have to spend (or "be paid to the Comission" if unused) now. :)

I sent you a PM about my upgrade plans. Also, the rest of 40 credits will be spent on a mass testing program in Sentul on 23 to 27 September. Plaza and Tojo will be there and in order we will test Downforce, Handling, Reliability, and lastly Chassis Stiffness. :)
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

FMecha wrote:
Aerond wrote:

I sent you a PM about my upgrade plans. Also, the rest of 40 credits will be spent on a mass testing program in Sentul on 23 to 27 September. Plaza and Tojo will be there and in order we will test Downforce, Handling, Reliability, and lastly Chassis Stiffness. :)

That test will have to take part after Marrakech since I don't have time enough to prepare it and run it before the race which is meant to be run in an hour and a half or so.
I need to be notified tests with more time. Also, chassis stiffness is not a test focus.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Aerond wrote:That test will have to take part after Marrakech since I don't have time enough to prepare it and run it before the race which is meant to be run in an hour and a half or so.
I need to be notified tests with more time. Also, chassis stiffness is not a test focus.

Swap chassis stiffness with driver development and move it to 7-10 October, then :)
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

After Marakech, RLR will be doing a 17 day test at Brands Hatch on reliability with Shane Skeelenberg and Phil McCracken doing the driving.

EDIT: As agreed in the chat, Aimee Gauthier and Benny Voeckler will drive in the test for 2 days. (21:58)

EDIT 2: As also agreed in the chat, Kay Lon will drive in the test for 1 day.

Part 1, before Buenos Aries

Day 1:
Skeelenberg/McCracken

Day 2:
B.Voeckler/Gauthier

Day 3:
Skeelenberg/McCracken

Day 4:
Skeelenberg/McCracken

Day 5:
Skeelenberg/Lon

Day 6:
B.Voeckler/Gauthier

Day 7:
Skeelenberg/McCracken

Day 8:
Skeelenberg/McCracken

We will just spend the cash on reliability
Last edited by roblo97 on 03 Feb 2015, 15:12, edited 4 times in total.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Autosport wrote:Prince Falik seen at Kamaha HQ

Prince Falik was seen leaving the Kamaha team HQ in Brands Hatch, it is not known why he was there, although speculation is that Rosco Vantini might be returning to FR1WRS next year. More news when we get it.[/quote]
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

PRIVATE TESTS - Post Monaco

I'll do this a bit quicker this time;

GAUTHIER TEST

Weather: Dry

BEST TIMES

Qualifying -- Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen -- 1.20.670
Race -- Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen -- 1.24.811

Report: Great first 4 days; hit many problems with the car in the final 2 days of testing. Very regular pace with the car. Racked up loads of miles and showed to be pretty fast. Gained both in Qualifying and Race trim.

MRT TEST

BEST TIMES

Qualifying -- Daniel Melrose -- 1.41.373
Race -- Daniel Melrose -- 1.44.027

Report: The new pieces didn't prove to be a hell lot faster than the previous evolution, but the car showed good pace and Melrose finished 6 out of 8 race simulations. 0,4 Downforce points gained

JONES TEST

Weather: Wet 40%

BEST TIMES

Qualifying -- Terry Hawkin -- 1.31.400
Race -- Terry Hawkin -- 1.34.107

Report: Hawkin showed loads more confidence in the rain than Torrente. Good Qualifying pace by Hawkin both days, but first day race simulations were useless for both drivers as they hit problems. Second day was good with a bit of extra pace improvement for both drivers.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

F1RWRS 2017 -- ROUND 13 -- MOROCCO GP -- MARRAKECH

Weather: Dry all weekend

PRE-QUALIFYING

1.Hiroto Tojo (Mecha) -- 1.24.591
2.Alberto Cara (HRT) -- 1.24.640 (+0.049)
3.Nicolas Steele (Autodynamics) -- 1.24.678 (+0.087)
4.Hagane Shizuka (Kamaha) -- 1.24.796 (+0.205)

5.Jesus Plaza (Mecha) -- 1.24.802 (+0.211)
6.Nathanael Spencer (Boxtel) -- 1.25.047 (+0.456)
7.Daniel Melville (Kamaha) -- 1.25.084 (+0.493)
8.Shane Skeelenberg (RLR) -- 1.25.091 (+0.500)
9.Ben Fleet (Foxdale) -- 1.25.101 (+0.510)
10.Philippe Nicolas (Arrowtech) -- 1.25.137 (+0.546)
11.Daniel Melrose (Boxtel) -- 1.25.218 (+0.627)
12.Jean Vincent Albertini (Autodynamics) -- 1.25.381 (+0.790)
13.Hansuke Shioya (Arrowtech) -- 1.25.392 (+0.801)
14.Michael Robertson (HRT) -- 1.25.512 (+0.921)
15.Adelaide Voeckler (RLR) -- 1.25.888 (+1.297)
16.Daniel Moreno (Gillet) -- 1.25.918 (+1.327)
17.Miko Fakkinen (Fusion) -- 1.25.974 (+1.383)
18.Eric Swerts (Gillet) -- 1.26.630 (+2.039)
19.Geoff Donnelly (Fusion) -- 1.27.010 (+2.419)
20.Douglas Mann (Foxdale) -- No time

** Mecha will skip Pre-Qualifying from Round 14

QUALIFYING

1.Rhys Davies (Voeckler) -- 1.23.579
2.Wouter Lamberigts (Simpson) -- 1.24.048 (+0.469)
3.Alexey Buyvolov (Aeroracing) -- 1.24.050 (+0.471)
4.Diego Alvarez Torrente (Jones) -- 1.24.085 (+0.506)
5.Thomas de Bock (Voeckler) -- 1.24.090 (+0.511)
6.Fredo Mestolio (MRT) -- 1.24.253 (+0.674)
7.Jean-Luc Schiller (MRT) -- 1.24.262 (+0.683)
8.Kay Lon (Aeroracing) -- 1.24.335 (+0.756)
9.Dave Simpson (Simpson) -- 1.24.381 (+0.802)
10.Danny van Rijkens (Gauthier) -- 1.24.387 (+0.808)
11.Mark Dagnall (Jones) -- 1.24.501 (+0.922)
12.Hiroto Tojo (Mecha) -- 1.24.670 (+1.091)
13.Du Lei (Gauthier) -- 1.24.673 (+1.094)
14.David Neuberg (PORE) -- 1.24.715 (+1.136)
15.Martin McFry (NRE) -- 1.24.718 (+1.139)
16.Jesus Plaza (Mecha) -- 1.24.721 (+1.142)
17.Daniel Martins (Sunshine) -- 1.24.765 (+1.186)
18.Nicolas Steele (Autodynamics) -- 1.24.795 (+1.216)
19.Andrej Kremnicky (Revolution) -- 1.24.807 (+1.228)
20.Quentin Reatherson (PORE) -- 1.24.925 (+1.346)
21.Gregor Pascal (Sunshine) -- 1.24.925 (+1.346)
22.Marco Bizzarri (Revolution) -- 1.24.965 (+1.386)
23.Daniel Melville (Kamaha) -- 1.25.053 (+1.474)
24.Hagane Shizuka (Kamaha) -- 1.25.055 (+1.476)
25.Alberto Cara (HRT) -- 1.25.089 (+1.510)
26.Jean-Vincent Albertini (Autodynamics) -- 1.25.263 (+1.684)
DNQ.Shinobu Katayama (NRE) -- 1.25.348 (+1.769)
DNQ.Michael Roberton (HRT) -- 1.25.475 (+1.896)

** NRE drops to Pre-Q from Round 14

RACE

1.Thomas de Bock (Voeckler) -- 1h 40m 39.277
2.Jean-Luc Schiller (MRT) -- +11.201
3.Fredo Mestolio (MRT) -- +13.493
4.Diego Alvarez Torrente (Jones) -- +16.120
5.Alexey Buyvolov (Aeroacing) -- +18.792
6.Danny van Rijkens (Gauthier) -- +43.644
7.Kay Lon (Aeroracing) -- +45.468
8.Dave Simpson (Simpson) -- +1.17.098
9.Du Lei (Gauthier) -- +1.19.552
10.Quentin Reatherson (PORE) -- +1 Lap
11.Jean-Vincent Albertini (Autodynamics) -- +1 Lap
12.Hagane Shizuka (Kamaha) -- +1 Lap
13.Wouter Lamberigts (Simpson) -- +1 Lap
14.Daniel Melville (Kamaha) -- +1 Lap
15.Marco Bizzarri (Revolution) -- +1 Lap
16.Andrej Kremnicky (Revolution) -- +1 Lap
17.Martin McFry (NRE) -- +2 Laps
DNF.Daniel Martins (Sunshine) -- Transmission
DNF.Hiroto Tojo (Mecha) -- Puncture
DNF.Rhys Davies (Voeckler) -- Accident
DNF.Nicolas Steele (Autodynamics) -- Water Leak
DNF.David Neuberg (PORE) -- Electrical
DNF.Alberto Cara (HRT) -- Accident
DNF.Jesus Plaza (Mecha) -- Accident
DNF.Gregor Pascal (Sunshine) -- Accident
DNF.Mark Dagnall (Jones) -- Transmission

FASTEST LAP -- Rhys Davies (Voeckler) -- 1.25.622
DOTR -- Thomas de Bock (Voeckler) -- Made the strategy work and attacked exactly when he had to. Perfect performance.
ROTR -- Gregor Pascal (Sunshine) -- Caused a multiple accident involving 4 cars. Nuff said.
Last edited by Aerond on 01 Feb 2015, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Kay Lon wrote:What do you expect me to say? This race, and by extension this entire season, has basically been a massive waste of my time. We needed to reset the car, thereby spoiling my entire strategy. I could have just as well driven for my team in the 6 Hours of Fuji, would have gotten me more prestige and I wouldn't have to compete with a broken piece of junk. Incidentally, I would like to congratulate my drivers on the stellar job they did there. I've got to leave now, post-race analysis of the race - will probably be lots and lots of blah-blah-blahing. Well, the Best In The World™ brand needs money and that's one way of earning it.
dr-baker

Re: F1RWRS 2017 - Marrakek GP Results P16

Post by dr-baker »

Damn you, Douglas. I'm at a loss for words. Just damb you Douglas.
MCard LOLA
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

dr-baker wrote:Damn you, Douglas. I'm at a loss for words. Just damb you Douglas.

You wouldn't have passed pre-Q even with him setting a time. If the best Fleet could do was 9th, there's no hope at all.
Everything's great.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Salamander wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Damn you, Douglas. I'm at a loss for words. Just damb you Douglas.

You wouldn't have passed pre-Q even with him setting a time. If the best Fleet could do was 9th, there's no hope at all.

Well, maybe, but it's frustrating nonetheless, what with a new chassis for this race and all...
MCard LOLA
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Wow, the impossible has happened: we're escaping pre-qualifying for once. :D
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

FMecha wrote:Wow, the impossible has happened: we're escaping pre-qualifying for once. :D

Yeah, but along with Revolution, Mecha is pretty much locked out of winning the PQ cup as NRE goes back for the next PQ event. :P

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Gillet Ecurie Nationale Belge will spend their mandatory pay driver credits on 11 total days of testing.

Venue: Spa-Francorchamps
Driver 1: Aurelien Moll
Driver 2: Shane Walsh
Focus area: Driver development (both)
Dates: 6-9 October (4 days), 20-23 October (4 days), 2-4 November (3 days)

This info is on the wiki.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

RejectSport wrote:Nicolas Signs 3 Race Deal with Dacia

After nearly two seasons with the ArrowTech F1RWRS team, lead driver Phillippe Nicolas has made a shock move to the rival Dacia team for the remainder of the 2017 season. After two victories and being a title contender for much of the 2016 season, growing frustration with the team's lack of progress has finally boiled over, leading to the Frenchman's resignation and defection to Dacia. The squad, run by Simpson Motorsport, has enjoyed a breakthrough year with their new chassis, with current drivers Dave Simpson and Wouter Lamberigts both regularly challenging for points and pole positions since the introduction of the B-Spec car at Monza. While there has been no confirmation as to whether this will lead to a longer-term deal for Nicolas, it's understood that he will replace team owner Dave Simpson for the rest of the season.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

www.sportschau.de wrote:Aeroracing Buy Out Lon Contract

After rumours of Kay Lon having lost interest in his work with Aeroracing Engineering surfaced, the team now confirmed in a press conference that they have decided to part ways with the German. "We have talked with Kay and have come to the conclusion that buying out his contract (editor's note: Lon had a contract until the end of the 2018 season) is in the best interest of both sides," a spokesman of the team stated.

With that, Lon will depart from the team after the season finale in Macau. While the end of their business relationship is on a sour note, it has led to a number of good results, a pole at Zandvoort, a win at Brands Hatch (both in 2016) and, as of time of writing, nine podium finishes. Regarding Lon's replacement, the team announced that a decision would be reached "very quickly", but refused to answer questions about potential drivers. Rumours have linked Shinobu Katayama and Formula One driver Dave Cassidy to the team.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

www.sportschau.de wrote:Aeroracing Buy Out Lon Contract

...Rumours have linked Shinobu Katayama and Formula One driver Dave Cassidy to the team.

Dave Cassidy wrote:Well, I'm guessing somebody's desperate for a scoop. I drive the fastest cars in the world, for the best team in the world, against the best drivers in the world, on the best tracks in the world. Why would I ever leave F1?
Everything's great.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

POST MOROCCO TESTS

MRT test at Nurburgring and Boxtel test at Zandvoort were called off due heavy rain at both tracks. Each team lost 10crdts in transport and allocation concept.

Spa Francorchamps - 6th - 9th Oct

Both Aurelien Moll and Shane Walsh shared the Gillet over four days. It was a very useful test for Shane Walsh, who proved a bit slower than Aurelien Moll in his first F1RWRS experience. Walsh proved mildly competitive over qualifying simulations, while he couldn't complete any of the 4 race simulations attempted, three due mechanical problems and one because of an accident. Overall progress was made by the driver specially in Qualifying area.
Aurelien Moll proved he can still be competitive with very good qualifying pace throughout and one race simulation completed with a good overall time out of 4 attempts.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

F1RWRS 2017 -- ROUND 14/16 -- ARGENTINA GP -- Autódromo Municipal de Buenos Aires

Weather:

Pre-Q: Wet - 15%
Qualifying: Dry
Race: Dry

PRE-QUALIFYING

1.Ben Fleet (Foxdale) -- 1.28.702
2.Douglas Mann (Foxdale) -- 1.29.335 (+0.633)

3.Hansuke Shioya (Arrowtech) -- 1.29.497 (+0.795)
4.Jean Vincent Albertini (Autodynamics) -- 1.29.540 (+0.838)
5.Martin McFry (NRE) -- 1.29.566 (+0.864)
6.Shinobu Katayama (NRE) -- 1.29.960 (+1.258)

7.Daniel Melrose (Boxtel) -- 1.30.076 (+1.374)
8.Miko Fakkinen (Fusion) -- 1.30.077 (+1.375)
9.Hagane Shizuka (Kamaha) -- 1.30.323 (+1.621)
10.Marie Simon (Arrowtech) -- 1.30.512 (+1.810)
11.Nathanael Spencer (Boxtel) -- 1.30.551 (+1.849)

12.Alberto Cara (HRT) -- 1.30.593 (+1.891)
13.Michael Robertson (HRT) -- 1.30.780 (+2.078)
14.Eric Swerts (Gillet) -- 1.30.975 (+2.273)
15.Nicolas Steele (Autodynamics) -- 1.31.132 (+2.430)
16.Daniel Melville (Kamaha) -- 1.31.254 (+2.552)
17.Shane Skeelenberg (RLR) -- 1.31.883 (+3.181)
18.Daniel Moreno (Gillet) -- 1.31.921 (+3.219)
19.Geoff Donnelly (Fusion) -- 1.32.520 (+3.818)
20.Adelaide Voeckler (RLR) -- 1.32.592 (+3.890)

* Foxdale will skip Pre-Q from Round 15

QUALIFYING

1.Alexey Buyvolov (Aeroracing) -- 1.26.279
2.Danny van Rijkens (Gauthier) -- 1.26.279 (+0.000)
3.Rhys Davies (Voeckler) -- 1.26.318 (+0.039)
4.Fredo Mestolio (MRT) -- 1.26.322 (+0.043)
5.Philippe Nicolas (Simpson) -- 1.26.353 (+0.074)
6.Wouter Lamberigts (Simpson) -- 1.26.362 (+0.083)
7.Thomas de Bock (Voeckler) -- 1.26.388 (+0.109)
8.Mark Dagnall (Jones) -- 1.26.401 (+0.122)
9.Diego Alvarez Torrente (Jones) -- 1.26.588 (+0.309)
10.Jean-Luc Schiller (MRT) -- 1.26.624 (+0.345)
11.Alessandro Lucarelli (PORE) -- 1.26.714 (+0.435)
12.Martin McFry (NRE) -- 1.26.716 (+0.437)
13.Kay Lon (Aeroracing) -- 1.26.876 (+0.597)
14.Ben Fleet (Foxdale) -- 1.26.985 (+0.706)
15.Du Lei (Gauthier) -- 1.27.292 (+1.013)
16.Jesus Plaza (Mecha) -- 1.27.493 (+1.214)
17.Shinobu Katayama (NRE) -- 1.27.496 (+1.217)
18.Gregor Pascal (Sunshine) -- 1.27.649 (+1.370)
19.Hiroto Tojo (Mecha) -- 1.27.688 (+1.409)
20.David Neuberg (PORE) -- 1.27.726 (+1.447)
21.Marie Simon (Arrowtech) -- 1.27.846 (+1.567)
22.Douglas Mann (Foxdale) -- 1.27.882 (+1.603)
23.Andrej Kremnicky (Revolution) -- 1.28.119 (+1.840)
24.Nathanael Spencer (Boxtel) -- 1.28.196 (+1.917)
25.Marco Bizzarri (Revolution) -- 1.28.201 (+1.922)
26.Hansuke Shioya (Arrowtech) -- 1.28.312 (+2.033)
DNQ.Daniel Martins (Sunshine) -- 1.28.312 (+2.033)
DNQ.Daniel Melrose (Boxtel) -- 1.28.822 (+2.543)

** Revolution drops to Pre-Q from Round 15.

RACE

1.Mark Dagnall (Jones) -- 1h55m04.888
2.Jean-Luc Schiller (MRT) -- +37.748
3.Fredo Mestolio (MRT) -- +58.846
4.Philippe Nicolas (Simpson) -- +1 Lap
5.Wouter Lamberigts (Simpson) -- +1 Lap
6.Danny van Rijkens (Gauthier) -- +2 Laps
7.Marie Simon (Arrowtech) -- + 2 Laps
8.Hansuke Shioya (Arrowtech) -- +2 Laps
9.Marco Bizzarri (Revolution) -- +3 Laps
10.Martin McFry (NRE) -- +3 Laps
11.Thomas de Bock (Voeckler) -- +5 Laps
12.Shinobu Katayama (NRE) -- +8 Laps
DNF. Hiroto Tojo (Mecha) -- Engine
DNF. Jesus Plaza (Mecha) -- Engine
DNF. Du Lei (Gauthier) -- Transmission
DNF. Douglas Mann (Foxdale) -- Engine
DNF. Diego Alvarez Torrente (Jones) -- Accident
DNF. Alexey Buyvolov (Aeroracinf) -- Water Leak
DNF. Gregor Pascal (Sunshine) -- Engine
DNF. Nathanael Spencer (Boxtel) -- Loose Wheel
DNF. Ben Fleet (Foxdale) -- Puncture
DNF. Andrej Kremnicky (Revolution) -- Water Leak
DNF. Kay Lon (Aeroracing) -- Accident
DNF. Alessandro Lucarelli (PORE) -- Puncture
DNF. Rhys Davies (Voeckler) -- Accident
DNF. David Neuberg (PORE) -- Accident

Fastest Lap: Mark Dagnall (Jones) -- 1.27.852
DOTR: Danny van Rijkens (Gauthier) -- Despite several mistakes he drove the Gauthier fast enough to recover for the final point
ROTR: Voeckler -- Lost many points today on driver errors. Won't leave South America happy.
Last edited by Aerond on 22 Mar 2015, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.
dr-baker

Re: F1RWRS 2017 - Argentina GP LIVE NOW

Post by dr-baker »

Well, at least our new chassis got us clearly out of pre-qualifying...
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

dr-baker wrote:Well, at least our new chassis got us clearly out of pre-qualifying...

Just because your chassis is newer, doesn't mean it's any better... ;)
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Auto Hebdo wrote:De Bock blames Katayama for Buenos Aires smash
After championship leader Thomas De Bock and Shinobu Katayama crashed just five laps from the end of the Argentine Grand Prix this Sunday, De Bock was reportedly unimpressed with the Japanese driver.

With five laps remaining in the race, De Bock, a safe second behind eventual race winner Mark Dagnall, retired when he collided with Nurminen driver Shinobu Katayama, whom he was lapping. The television cameras did not pick up the accident, but the Belgian blames the accident, and the loss of seven crucial points, on Katayama.

"I was lapping her on the front straight, when suddenly she closed the door and moved across my nose. We touched and I hit the wall. I don't know what Shinobu was thinking, but she certainly wasn't looking in her mirrors."

De Bock was unscathed in the accident and was eventually classified tenth, but Dagnall's victory puts him just three points behind the Belgian in the championship with two races remaining.

FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Oh well, double engine retirement. :|

Also, since you forget to run my test (partially my fault too for not putting it in the wiki) that test will be postponed to 20 to 24 October. Plaza and Tojo will be there and in order we will test Downforce, Handling, Reliability, and lastly Driver Development. I'll wikify that one this time :)
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Biscione wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Well, at least our new chassis got us clearly out of pre-qualifying...

Just because your chassis is newer, doesn't mean it's any better... ;)

Sadly true. :cry:
MCard LOLA
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Sammy Jones wrote:THAT'S MOAR LIKE IT!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Niko Nurminen wrote:That was disappointing. Both of our drivers should learn from this and be much more cautious in the remaining races to help us get good results and ensure our position in the WCC.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"