F1RWRS 2017 - DE BOCK WDC JONES WCC -- Vote ROTY NOW!!!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
dr-baker

Re: F1RWRS 2017 - Zandvoort LIVE NOW

Post by dr-baker »

dr-baker wrote:Douglas Mann had another engine failure? :roll:
tommykl wrote:
This wrote:
Shizuka wrote:Admit it: it's a running gag with him. :lol:
What in the hell has he done in his previous life for all that bad karma?
Driven in NASCAR? :P

Thing is, in his NASCAR career, every retirement was put down to engine failure. (Seriously. The PSP NASCAR game says every retirement is a blown engine, even when the car is flipped over on its side or roof.) And in his other previous life (as a different incarnation in canon), the F1RGP2C Douglas Mann also has a reputation for regularly blowing engines! Every incarnation of Douglas Mann blows engines!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Jut wanted to announce that you can now order upgrades and do other F1RWRS related stuff using the new forum message system (Biscione u are the man!).
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Awesome, I just used it for that purpose. Thanks Biscione :)

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Sammy Jones wrote:This is another event we won't remember fondly when we look back on it in future. It's one of those occasions that we may come to rue when the season is over. Mark's retirement was simply a mechanical failure. There's little he could have done, we just need to reduce these instances in future. As for Diego...he's obviously trying very hard as Jacques has alluded to. He's on the back of a couple of tricky races now and just needs to relax and take his time. The fact is despite a poor race he's still come through and scored points and limited the damage that Voeckler could have done to our constructors' championship lead, and fundamentally that's what I want to see him do. So whilst he did throw the win away, I'm not at all worried about his ability for the rest of this season, or next. I've committed to developing him into a top-line F1RWRS driver, and that is exactly what I intend to do. He has plenty of time yet.

Danny van Rijkens wrote:Another good qualifying but the engine is still costing us big time. It would be nice to be able to get the car to the finish for once in a while!

Connor O'Heagan wrote:I'm very disappointed with the Boxtel management. The team has been in the sh*t for ages now and pulling in two old has-beens to try and save something this year is pointless. We all know the car is feckin awful so why do they have to dump me now? I was making progress with it and we had some good baselines to work from. Two new boys at this stage of the year will achieve nothing.

So now I'm looking for alternative employment. I shall have to see what opportunities there are, at this stage of the year I'd be open to anything.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Next GP on Sunday Evening :D
Shizuka

Re: F1RWRS 2017 - Belgium Weekend Sunday Eve

Post by Shizuka »

I'll put Roblomas' Mecha livery as avatar for a month if we prequalify. lol

pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

As posted on the Wiki, Boxtel are doing a four-day downforce test at Zandvoort with Daniel Melrose and Nathanael Spencer driving.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Your Local Rag wrote:SHANNON TO CLAW BACK "EVERY DAMN EURO" FROM BOXTEL

The F1RWRS' worst team Boxtel Engineering face a fight in the courts against former backers the Shannon Group after the latter had their driver, Irishman Connor O'Heagan unceremoniously sacked from the team. The Group, Irish also, are headed up by the relatively unknown quantity of Michael Doherty III, who reportedly sits on a multi-million euro empire of assets built up by his father and fellow associates.

Doherty hadn't been seen in public since 2003, but we, the nosey, never-say-die, "won't take no for an answer" slimey scumbags of a newspaper have doorstepped Mr Doherty in his remote County Kerry mansion retreat.

EXCLUSIVE! You won't believe what Michael Doherty III keeps hidden in his FIFTEEN bedrooms! Click here to discover the SHOCKING truth!

Doherty, stinking of whiskey and with cigar in hand, revealed that the Shannon Group would take Boxtel to court for breach of contract and what Doherty described as "gross negligence on behalf of the team to provide safe and adequate working conditions for Connor O'Heagan".

The millionaire went on to add,

"There's absolutely no way Boxtel can survive by making decisions like this. Connor is a top lad who we've backed right from the start. Anyone with a fecking brain can see that. We'll claw back every damn Euro that those cowboys owe us any way we can. Now piss off and leave me in fecking peace you bastards."

So it would appear that the Dutch team, already on the brink of existence in the F1RWRS, look set for another fight to remain afloat. As for O'Heagan, his future remains unclear with no opportunities for the remainder of 2017 forthcoming.

RELATED STORIES:
* "F*ck You, I'm Filthy Rich"
* Shock as Bank Discovered Paying Bonus to CEO of 6000% of Annual Salary

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

DGN Management International -- North Sea GP Driver Press Round-Up

Mark Dagnall: Honestly, I'm quite baffled at today's result. My qualifying pace was not what I wanted but I had started to pick up the right pace when the car simply died. We must make sure this doesn't happen again because de Bock is a regular at the podium. I don't think I could have won today in a head to head against Mestolio, the car wasn't up to that level, but a 2nd place was on the cards and it's always a pity to lose points. Spa isn't the track best suited to the car, so we'll try to get a good result and look forward towards the last few races, which should fit the car better.

Fredo Mestolio: This has been a bittersweet weekend for me; the car improved a lot, but again died when we were in a position to win. I'm confident reliability will get better in the remaining races. I'm also eager to get done with Spa and get to Monaco, where at least I can eat decent pizza

Hansuke Shioya: I'm honoured to have finally scored a point. Quite happy. Now, let's celebrate with some karaoke and then we can drink tea together

Jesus Plaza: The car died again, which is something I expected to happen. So no surprises; now the goal is to keep qualifying the car for the remaining races and with a bit of luck we'll get to finish a race.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Autosport wrote:De Bock renews Voeckler contract for 2018

Voeckler GPE have confirmed their first driver for next year, renewing current championship protagonist Thomas De Bock's contract until the end of the 2018 season.

"We are pleased to announce Thomas De Bock will continue with us here at Voeckler Renault into 2018," said team principal Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler. "Thomas has been a key figure in our drive towards both championships this season, and so it seemed natural for us to continue working together for at least another year."

To read more, subscribe to Autosport+ today
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

PRIVATE TEST -- 31st July - 3rd August -- Zandvoort

Weather: Wet 10%

QUALIFYING PACE BEST TIMES

1.Daniel Melrose (MRT) -- 1.21.966
2.Martin McFry (NRE) -- 1.22.200
3.Barii Mori (NRE) -- 1.22.727

RACE PACE BEST TIMES

1.Daniel Melrose (MRT) -- 1.24.827
2.Barii Mori (NRE) -- 1.25.309
3.Martin McFry (NRE) -- 1.26.001

Test Report:
MRT: Melrose could only complete 3 race simulations across 4 days, with 1 accident, 1 engine blown and 3 other simulations aborted due to various mechanical problems. Transmission seemed particularly weak and a Water Leak appeared as well. The team found a way around those issues and have found 180 reliability points.

NRE: On 1st day McFry finished his race simulation and Mori suffered Transmission problems. On day 2 both drivers crashed. The team solved the transmission problem and found 120 reliability points.

7th August - 10th August -- Zandvoort

Weather: Dry

BEST QUALIFYING PACE TIMES

1.Nathanael Spencer (Boxtel) -- 1.22.697
2.Daniel Melrose (Boxtel) -- 1.22.965

BEST RACE PACE TIMES

1.Nathanael Spencer (Boxtel) -- 1.24.594
2.Daniel Melrose (Boxtel) -- 1.25.238

Test Report: Over the 4 days the team completed 4 out of 8 race simulations, 2 each driver. The feedback was quite positive and the team estimated a gain of 0,4 points of downforce

11th - 13th August -- Le Mans

1.Rhys Davies (Voeckler) -- 1.24.904
2.Thomas de Bock (Voeckler) -- 1.25.390

BEST RACE PACE TIMES

1.Thomas de Bock (Voeckler) -- 1.27.751
2.Rhys Davies (Voeckler) -- 1.27.875

Test Report: Drivers completed successfully all race simulations except for Rhys Davies on day 1 with a blown engine. The drivers were quite happy with the improvements and the team earned 0,7 Downforce points
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

F1RWRS 2017 -- ROUND 11 -- BELGIAN GP -- Spa

Weather:

Pre-Q: Wet 15%
Qualifying: Dry
Race: Dry

PRE-QUALIFYING

1.Marco Bizzarri (Revolution) -- 1.55.889
2.Hagane Shizuka (Kamaha) -- 1.56.411 (+0.522)
3.Gregor Pascal (Sunshine) -- 1.56.608 (+0.719)

4.Alberto Cara (HRT) -- 1.56.612 (+0.723)
5.Daniel Martins (Sunshine) -- 1.56.695 (+0.806)
6.Jesus Plaza (Mecha) -- 1.57.090 (+1.201)
7.Jean Vincent Albertini (Autodynamics) -- 1.57.178 (+1.289)
8.Shane Skeelenberg (RLR) -- 1.57.382 (+1.493)
9.Nicolas Steele (Autodynamics) -- 1.57.652 (+1.763)
10.Daniel Melville (Kamaha) -- 1.57.982 (+2.093)

11.Shinobu Katayama (RLR) -- 1.58.104 (+2.215)
12.Andrej kremnicky (Revolution) -- 1.58.259 (+2.370)
13.Michael Robertson (HRT) -- 1.58.461 (+2.572)
14.Daniel Melrose (Boxtel) -- 1.58.705 (+2.816)
15.Miko Fakkinen (Fusion) -- 1.58.748 (+2.859)
16.Daniel Moreno (Gillet) -- 1.58.947 (+3.058)
17.Hiroto Tojo (Mecha) -- 1.59.176 (+3.287)
18.Geoff Donnelly (Fusion) -- 1.59.741 (+3.852)
19.Eric Swerts (Gillet) -- 2.00.758 (+4.869)
20.Nathanael Spencer (Boxtel) -- No time

** Sunshine will avoid Pre-Q from Round 12

QUALIFYING

1.Wouter Lamberigts (Simpson) -- 1.51.056
2.Ron Mignolet (Voeckler) -- 1.51.850 (+0.794)
3.Alexey Buyvolov (Aeroracing) -- 1.52.302 (+1.246)
4.Fredo Mestolio (MRT) -- 1.52.337 (+1.281)
5.Mark Dagnall (Jones) -- 1.52.382 (+1.326)
6.Danny van Rijkens (Gauthier) -- 1.52.422 (+1.366)
7.Dave Simpson (Simpson) -- 1.52.464 (+1.408)
8.Thomas de Bock (Voeckler) -- 1.52.587 (+1.531)
9.Diego Alvarez Torrente (Jones) -- 1.52.569 (+1.603)
10.Kay Lon (Aeroracing) -- 1.52.740 (+1.684)
11.Jean-Luc Schiller (MRT) -- 1.52.749 (+1.693)
12.Du Lei (Gauthier) -- 1.52.898 (+1.842)
13.Martin McFry (NRE) -- 1.53.111 (+2.055)
14.Alessandro Lucarelli (PORE) -- 1.53.350 (+2.294)
15.Daniel Martins (Sunshine) -- 1.53.471 (+2.415)
16.Nicolas Steele (Autodynamics) -- 1.53.472 (+2.416)
17.Douglas Mann (Foxdale) -- 1.53.594 (+2.538)
18.Philippe Nicolas (Arrowtech) -- 1.53.832 (+2.776)
19.David Neuberg (PORE) -- 1.53.868 (+2.812)
20.Barii Mori (NRE) -- 1.53.921 (+2.865)
21.Ben Fleet (Foxdale) -- 1.54.034 (+2.978)
22.Marco Bizzarri (Revolution) -- 1.54.560 (+3.504)
23.Daniel Melville (Kamaha) -- 1.54.680 (+3.624)
24.Hagane Shizuka (Kamaha) -- 1.54.719 (+3.663)
25.Andrej kremnicky (Revolution) -- 1.54.722 (+3.666)
26.Jean Vincent Albertini (Autodynamics) -- 1.54.757 (+3.701)
DNQ.Hansuke Shioya (Arrowtech) -- 1.54.962 (+3.906)
DNQ.Gregor Pascal (Sunshine) -- 1.55.643 (+4.587)

** Arrowtech drops to Pre-Q from Round 12

RACE

1.Thomas de Bock (Voeckler) -- 1h 30m 25.532
2.Jean-Luc Schiller (MRT) -- +12.885
3.Diego Alvarez Torrente (Jones) -- +1.18.883
4.Nicolas Steele (Autodynamics) -- +1.44.120
5.David Neuberg (PORE) -- +1 Lap
6.Jean Vincent Albertini (Autodynamics) -- +1 Lap
7.Marco Bizzarri (Revolution) -- +1 Lap
8.Andrej Kremnicky (Revolution) -- +1 Lap
9.Barii Mori (NRE) -- +1 Lap
DNF.Ben Fleet (Foxdale) -- Accident
DNF.Du Lei (Gauthier) -- Puncture
DNF.Wouter Lamberigts (Simpson) -- Transmission
DNF.Alexey Buyvolov (Aeroracing) -- Transmission
DNF.Daniel Melville (Kamaha) -- Puncture
DNF.Dave Simpson (Simpson) -- Transmission
DNF.Fredo Mestolio (MRT) -- Accident
DNF.Kay Lon (Aeroracing) -- Electrical
DNF.Daniel Martins (Sunshine) -- Accident
DNF.Alessandro Lucarelli (PORE) -- Loose Wheel
DNF.Hagane Shizuka (Kamaha) -- Engine
DNF.Danny van Rijkens (Gauthier) -- Suspension
DNF.Philippe Nicolas (Arrowtech) -- Engine
DNF.Martin McFry (NRE) -- Loose Wheel
DNF.Douglas Mann (Foxdale) -- Puncture
DNF.Ron Mignolet (Voeckler) -- Transmission
DNF.Mark Dagnall (Jones) -- Accident

FASTEST LAP: Fredo Mestolio (MRT) -- 1.54.330
DOTR: Neuberg -- The only one who showed a bit of consistency today
ROTR: Dagnall / Martins: Dagnall for throwing away the title lead, Martins for throwing away the only decent chance at points for Sunshine this season

Ben Fleet receives a One race ban for repeatedly getting on the way of faster cars with two ocasions leading to other cars crashing or going off track due to his driver antics: Fredo Mestolio and Marco Bizzarri
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1RWRS 2017 - Spa LIVE NOW

Post by Nessafox »

Ron Mignolet wrote:Saying goodbye in style. I'm glad it's over. Now ladies, let's party!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

L'Equipe wrote:World Champion returns to F1RWRS with Voeckler GPE

With Ron Mignolet bowing out of single seater racing after his home race at Spa-Francorchamps, and former driver Nathanael Spencer having moved on to pastures new at Boxtel, Voeckler-Renault were left with a void to fill in their line-up.

The French team have unexpectedly turned to regining F1RWRS champion Rhys Davies to replace the departing Mignolet, despite announcing his retirement from single seaters at the end of his championship winning season.

"With a lineup of Thomas [De Bock] and Rhys, we have as strong a lineup as possible in the quest to retain our Constructors' world title," said team principal Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler. "We're now up to 2nd in the WCC, and 14 points behind Jones. Torrente keeps racking up solid points every week, but we've got our performance back on track again. If we can just get both cars to the finish every week, we should have a really good chance of taking the fight to them."

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Foxdale Auto Racing Team Press Release

Obviously it has been quite a disappointing race for the team this weekend. Goodness knows what was on Ben Fleet's mind this weekend, but whatever it was (and Pippa Mann will be having words...), a replacement is clearly required. Therefore, the team nominates their reserve driver, Peter Port, believing that he has completed enough mileage in both public and private tests to qualify for a licence (qualifying under rule 1.2.6 f)).

Peter Port brings sponsorship to the team in the form of a deal to promote the Val de Terres hill climbing event on Guernsey (I.e. he's a pay-driver).
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Autosport wrote:Jones blasts Davies for returning to F1RWRS, and blames Martins for Dagnall crash

Sammy Jones has blasted his former employee Rhys Davies for returning to the F1RWRS less than a year after announcing his retirement having won the title for Jones' team. Jones labelled the Australian a "shallow, blatant liar" after he revealed that Davies had turned down the opportunity to stay with Jones for 2017 in the series, and instead pursue a career in endurance racing.

"It's an absolute shambles" described Jones of the situation, "Rhys specifically turned down an offer to drive for National Jones Ford to end on a high and move to the Le Mans Cup. Then he ended up as a test driver for Voeckler and I knew it would only be a matter of time before he'd end up driving for them considering their 'hire and fire' driver policy. I'm really disappointed as I'd grown to like the guy. He's always backed me whenever there have been issues in the series in the past, and this just feels like a kick in the teeth after everything we did for him in 2016. I hope he thinks about what he said to me and reconsiders his decision, because quite frankly I feel insulted by these latest developments."

Jones' own team had another mixed set of results following the Belgian GP at Spa, where Mark Dagnall tangled with Daniel Martins at the start of the race, whilst rookie Diego Alvarez Torrente picked up a solid third place finish. Of the crash, Jones said,

"Martins has clearly forgotten how to drive since he and Sunshine have been stuck in pre-qualifying. Mark is quite obviously taken out of the race through no fault of his own and consequently has lost serious ground in the championship battle as De Bock was able to capitalise fully. There's literally no other way of viewing that incident, anyone who offers an alternative is quite clearly medically blind."

"As for Diego, he had another great drive to collect more valuable points for the team, and a podium is a great reward for him after a what's been a string of good drives from the kid. He's building nicely for a strong 2018, and I hope we have more results from him of this nature in the remaining races this year."

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

L'Equipe wrote:Voeckler bemused at Jones comments post-Spa

Voeckler-Renault team principal Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler has spoken of his bemusement at post-race comments made by the notoriously sharp-tounged Sammy Jones, after the Brit attacked his new signing, and also putting the blame for Mark Dagnall's retirement from the Belgian GP squarely on Daniel Martins.

"I don't understand why he says these things," he said. "His comments don't really make any sense, do they?"

"Let's first start with a point that isn't a matter of opinion and interpreation, but rather one that has clear video evidence. The Daganll incident...it was a pretty textbook mistake, one I wouldn't usually expect of a multiple WDC. His move for position was too desperate - you need to be inch perfect to overtake around the outside through Pouhon, but he just stuck it in the gravel, spun around and ripped a few wheels off his car. It was a solo mistake, and I'm sure Mark will hold his hands up and learn from it. He has enough experience to not need his team principal to make up stories to protect him."

"What I understand even less is blaming Daniel Martins - he was over 10 cars behind Dagnall at the time of the incident, nowhere close to him at all. Really quite a bizarre comment."

While Jones slammed his former employee Rhys Davies for returning to F1RWRS, Voeckler in turn criticised Jones for encouraging partisan divides in the series, suggesting Davies was entitled to take up the French team's offer.

"Jones' comments about Rhys Davies are rather selfish," he said. "Rhys did not have a contract for 2017 and thus had freedom to move where he wanted to. I myself have experimented across multiple racing disciplines and understand the desire to try something new after a while in one place. Perhaps he hasn't enjoyed the experience in LMC as much as he anticipated and misses F1RWRS, but you'd have to ask him about that specifically."

"To say Davies has betrayed Jones is nonsense. We are supposed to be professionals here. Drivers change teams from time to time, it's the nature of the business we are in. Does he not care that he exploited the situation of acrimony between MRT and Dagnall at last season to snatch him away in the middle of his contract? We hired Davies for two reasons; Ron Mignolet elected to retire from motorsport of his own volition, and we required a proven winner to replace him in the team for the rest of the year. I think Jones perhaps should focus less on pretending to be a jilted ex in a soap opera, and more on running his own racing team."

With the gap between Jones Racing and Voeckler GPE reduced to just 14 points after Spa-Francorchamps, there is sure to be a tense battle between the two championship protagonists going into the final phase of the season.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

To be fair, having re-read Aerond's post, I completely misunderstood his ROTR award - I thought Martins was involved in Dagnall's crash! :oops:

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Speedcafe wrote:MRT Signs One Young Talent, Slams Another

After several months away from the limelight, Melrose Racing Team Team Principal Pierre Depault has today announced the signing of Holden Racing Team driver Alberto Cara for the 2018 season. Having impressed many with his pace and new-found consistency in his debut F1RWRS season, the 28 year old Tropican has signed a one-year deal with the former champions as the team's first confirmed driver for 2018.

"We're pleased to have signed a young driver of the calibre of Alberto for next year" said Depault at a post-race conference. "We've had our eye on several young guns for a while now, but in the end, he was the way to go. His development over the past year has been exceptional after his patchy junior series record, and we believe he's the right guy for the job of winning us another title in 2018."

Upon hearing of the post-race verbal stoush between long-time adversaries Jones Racing and Voeckler Grand Prix Engineering after the conference however, Depault took little time to throw his two cents into the argument.

"It's almost expected for those two to be going at it on and off-track, so I'm honestly not surprised they're at it again over Rhys." he stated. "Having worked with Rhys in the past, for him to go with the best offer on the table in the short-term is par for the course for him. And in his defense, there are very few drivers out there that can turn down one of the best cars and organisations on the grid, so I don't blame him."

"However, his comments about Diego surprise me for someone who's supposed to be running a top team. To say he's actually been good these last few races is one of the most ludicrous things I've heard in a long time. Diego's had at least four accidents in the last three races that have cost Jones potential podiums and victories, and he's shown little of the consistency that won him the F2 title last year. Hell, it's a miracle that he hasn't been sacked yet for someone who can actually keep it on the road. I personally believed last year that they should have gone with Terry Hawkin instead, and at this point in the season, I believe that more than ever now."

When asked about who Cara's teammate for 2018 would be, Depault was coy about his response, but indicated that it was now a straight fight between incumbent Jean-Luc Schiller and former MRT stalwart and current ArrowTech team leader Phillippe Nicolas for the seat.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Auto Fiction wrote:Simpson disappointed with Transmission issues
After another possible points finish was taken away from the Dacia F1RWRS Team due to transmission failure, team boss and driver Dave Simpson has become rather frustrated.

"That's the second time in a row we've had a good result go down the drain due to a transmission failure, the guys down at the factory better get it together or we'll go with a new supplier next season. We've dropped back two spots in the championship when we should've had a firm grip on 5th place in the constructors title... Autodynamics are beating us again with our old chassis that barely scraped out of Pre-Qualifying last season for crying out loud!"; mentioned Simpson in a post race interview at Spa.

The team hope to have some reliability upgrades in place for the final leg of the season, with the first stage of these expected to be in place by the next round.
This is a cool spot.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Goddamnit, so that fifth place wasn't a fluke.

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Guillaume Gauthier, upon being asked about the financial state of his team wrote:When we began this project, the F1RWRS project, we set out performance targets for our team and we only got the necessary backing in order to race on the understanding that we would be meeting these targets. Unfortunately, our pace this season has been worse than we had hoped - we had set out that this was the year, especially towards the end, when we begin regularly competing for points. We have been in line for good results at times, but reliability is still a big problem for us, and I cannot say to my investors that a race where we should've finished 6th is equivalent to a 6th-place finish.

A big frustration for us and our partners at PURE-Hart is the new engine regulations for next season. I am understanding that the commission has good reasons for it and I do not dispute that, but it is regardless going to wind up hurting us in some measure. We will have to pay more for our engines no matter what happens due to the expenditure required to help turn a profit on the current engine model and develop a new one, and this is something M. Pollock has been... quite aggravated about. Certainly, I too would prefer it if we had another season with these engines, but this is not a discussion I want to start, so I will say no more.

Still, the season has not finished and we are still working on upgrades to our car, so I am not concerned about our future right now. I can guarantee that regardless of what occurs, Equipe Gauthier will start 2018 and finish the season, even if a... comet hits our factory. *laughs*
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Autosport wrote:Sammy Jones Has Another Rant

Sammy Jones has shot back at MRT boss Pierre Depault over comments the Frenchman made about Jones' rookie driver Diego Alvarez Torrente. The Briton described Depault as "a bumbling old fool" and someone "who hasn't made a good decision in his entire time in motorsport".

Jones added in his tirade that, "Pierre is a classic example of someone who has never actually had to do anything of note for his team. He hired two average drivers this year and lucked into some good results, and prior to that his team have a history of wasted opportunities, abysmal driver management, terrible reliability and of course breaking the rules. If I were to take advice from any team boss in the paddock, it damn well wouldn't be him. His team are a f***ing disaster. I cannot believe Cara is actually considering driving for them."

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Autosport wrote:Disappointing Kamaha to test at Spa
Kamaha have decided to stay at Spa after a retirement cost them a good chance at points, Barii Mori told us "It is disappointing that apart from the early 6th and all the testing we have done we are still slow and have posted far to many DNQs and DNPQs. We are doing five days of testing, 3 for reliability with Shizuka and Mellville and Prince Falik was keen that we test two other drivers on his books. However we will test Shizuka and Shinobu Katayama for one day and Rosco Vantini for another day on downforce as we need to find more grip as we are not for one for lacking on speed. We dont want to test with Voeckler, but we have to but we will only run a single car.". We asked why Rosco Vantini was choosen over just another test with Shizuka or Melville? "Well Rosco has been doing fairly well in AR3.5 and he is a grand prix winner so I feel he still has talent as does the underrated Shinobu Katayama.". With 6 races to go, Kamaha need some good results for them not to have their worst season ever, alhtough because of points being hard to get they are still in a higher position then a few years ago when they scored more points.

We also asked him about his drivers with NRE, "Well 9th and 10th and a retirement in 3 races isn't too bad but the car has been very loose so it has been hard to find good grip. I have had some awful luck in the races I finished and I should have got a decent result in both. I am aware that McFly has qualified well but he tends to be a good one lap specialist but he does fall down the grid when the race starts, even I overtook him when qualified well in front of me. Still NRE should not have any more DNPQs or DNQs this year so I hope we can score some points and finish strong.

Katayama ponders future
After another DNPQ with RLR, a close source to Katayama has said that Katayama is looking for another drive. With her contract with RLR only happening for another two races she has been knocking on the doors of other teams but the three most logical would be NRE where she is reserve driver, NRE might get annoyed by the repair bills that Mori has brought. Kamaha who have been struggling all year and Arrowtech who do have a car that can score big points but have had a disappointing driver in Hansuke Shioya who dragged them from a double points finish into prequalifying in two races. However an outside chance could be Aeroracing as a replacement for Lon as Katayama did thrash lon badly when they were team mates at Sunshine.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
pycku

Post by pycku »

I've come to the conclusion that I have no time/desire to participate in this. I am not quite sure for the future, but if someone is interested in taking my position in the waiting list - be my guest :)
To finish first, first you have to finish!
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Oh crap, I completely missed the fact that JV's ban is over! :o
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

rejectracingnews.nl wrote:Boxtel continues testing programm, talks to potential investors

New Boxtel team principal Marcel Kluessjen has talked to Reject Racing News about the future of the struggling Boxtel F1RWRS team. Kluessjen took over the management of the team in July. Since then, massive changes have happened at Boxtel, as the team has replaced both drivers, and started an ambitious development programm, with the goal to return to the grid of an F1RWRS race before the season is over.

"When I arrived at the team in July, it was evident that the team had been mismanaged. The financial condition was better than it was back in January, when they could hardly pay their engine bills, but the research and development department had literally done nothing over the last one and a half years. The old management had done the bare minimum to keep their entry, but it was hardly a competetive racing team.

The financial situation had stabilized enough to allow us to replace our pay-drivers with more experienced drivers that could help us to develop the car and improve our chance to qualify for a race. I understand the frustration of O'Heagan, but he was fully aware that he was driving for the money and it is nothing unusual to have pay-drivers only do partial seasons in F1RWRS. Melrose and Spencer are great drivers with loads of previous F1RWRS experience, who have previously worked for top teams, and have been a massive help in our development programm.

We soon realised that the car massively lacked downforce, and began working on a large downforce upgrade. The first parts were ready for our home race in Zandvoort, and showed significant progress. Unfortunately we were still unable to pass pre-qualifying though. More parts were ready for our four-day test at the same track a week later, and again, we found some more grip. After the successful test, we were hoping to be more competetive in Belgium, but pre-qualifying was a disappointment. Spencer was unable to set a time, and Melrose could only rival the Gillet and Fusion cars. Now I hope that our car is more suited to the Monaco circuit, which is the very opposite of Spa. We have another test planned ahead of the race, where we hope to further improve the grip of the car."

Asked about the future of the team beyond 2017, Kluessjen revealed that they were talking to multiple potential investors. "We're talking to several different interested people, including French and Argentine teams with previous single-seater racing experience."

These are believed to be Mazzacane Motorsport and Écurie Prenois, two outfits who have run competetively in junior motorsport categories. Écurie Prenois was the team behind the championship-winning Noritake Terade Motorsports entry in the FRENCH series.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

L'Equipe wrote:Couteau furious at Depault's Torrente tirade

Having been vilified in the press by MRT principal Pierre Depault, Diego Alvarez Torrente has received words of support from his team boss Sammy Jones. On a Canal+ show about the next F1RWRS round, Jacques Couteau also came to the aid of the driver he currently manages. Having been asked by French F1RWRS presenter and former racer Sebastian Groves what his feelings were on Depault's rant, Couteau unleashed some of his own angry words. Here's the transcript:

"I find what Pierre said absolutely ridiculous. I'm absolutely furious. It's no secret that F1RWRS is one of the hardest series to get a rookie in to. The cars are not easy to drive, and so experience is favoured. Diego has come in to Jones...okay, he's not been as fast as Mark Dagnall, but to be even slightly close to a man who has won three championships is amazing for a rookie driver. I agree that Diego must keep his nose clean, but there have been a number of times when he has and he didn't even receive the plaudits for it."

"I will go back to my point about rookies again; there is a lot of hypocritical behaviour here. Pierre has complained that Diego has been too...eager. Of course! I've known Diego for a number of years now and I can tell you why; because he wants to be in F1RWRS so much! He loves being at Jones, and with Mark and Sammy being both real racers they've helped him out tremendously. For Pierre to say such rubbish is ridiculous. Diego is working hard on his racecraft every day, and he's got dedication in abundance. MRT have signed Alberto Cara for next season who has possibly been in a similar position, if not worse than Diego in the past. You would expect the management would realise that drivers grow, especially young ones. Diego has only just turned 21, he has years to develop. Cara is an example of how drivers get it together and get a little more consistent, but he has many more years experience in motorsport than Diego, and is seven years older."

"It is strange why Depault would say this to start with. I don't know whether it is to unsettle Jones, because MRT fear them? Maybe they're trying to get Diego sacked and then hire him themselves? If that is the case, I'm pretty sure Diego wouldn't go near them."
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

SRMP wrote:NGP takes a leaf out of the Voeckler team management book

BASF Nurminen Grand Prix have announced that after just three GPs with the team, Barii Mori has been sacked in favour of the team's reserve driver Shinobu Katayama, whose own contract with Rob Lomas Racing has run its course. It is believed that this is a combination of frustration in Mori's lacklustre showing at Spa as well as a last-ditch attempt at scoring points before the season's end, which is reportedly one of the conditions behind their major sponsorship deal with chemical giant BASF.

Tl;dr: Shinobu Katayama in, Barii Mori out.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Autosport wrote:Barii Mori says "Not so fast NRE!"

After NRE took up the option of using their third driver, Barii Mori was quick to point out the Katayama is signed to RLR up to the 12th race so she will be available from the 13th race, but Mori will still happily drive for the 12th race from the goodness of his heart and try and score points. A source close to Katayama was sad to leave RLR but ultimately knows she has a better chance of scoring points regularly with NRE next season. Mori on the other hand is fuming as he knows that a drive with RLR is unlikely and he is unlikely to find another spot somewhere.

RLR in driver panic.

With Katayama seemingly off to NRE, RLR have a driver panic as they have used their selection of 4 drivers for the season. They would have happily given journeyman Barii Mori a seat for the last four races but they would have to pay a hefty fine. They have burnt their bridges with Adélaïde Voeckler, but she was super slow. So they are going to have to approach Dean O'Lauchlan and see if they can beg his services for four races.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Niko Nurminen to his personnel manager and press officer wrote:God damn idiot, what part of "don't go forward with the plan until after the next race" did you not understand?
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
MinardiFan95

Re: F1RWRS 2017 - Spa Page 15

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Auto Fiction wrote:Paddock Rumour: Simpson set to announce huge new sponsorship deal

Rumour has it that Simpson Motorsports are set to announce a huge new sponsorship deal for the 2018 season. These rumours suggest that it is a British company with a claimed annual profit of £1,800,000,000,000,000,000,000. We expect more news to follow from this story before the end of the season
This is a cool spot.
mrfakeboullier

Re: F1RWRS 2017 - Monaco Sunday @noon

Post by mrfakeboullier »

Can I go on the waiting list please?
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

mrfakeboullier wrote:Can I go on the waiting list please?

Done :)
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

PRIVATE TESTS - Spa - Post Race Tests

1.Dan Greenlaw (Voeckler) -- 1.52.333
2.Daniel Melrose (MRT) -- 1.52.623
3.Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen (Voeckler) -- 1.52.865
4.Barii Mori (Kamaha) -- 1.53.273
5.Daniel Melville (Kamaha) -- 1.53.276
6.Shinobu Katayama (Kamaha) -- 1.53.395
7.Dan Greenlaw (Gauthier) -- 1.53.440
8.Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen (Gauthier) -- 1.53.469
9.Hagane Shizuka (Kamaha) -- 1.53.713
10.Rosco Vantini (Kamaha) -- 1.54.120

BEST RACE PACE TIMES

1.Daniel Melrose (MRT) -- 1.56.349
2.Dan Greenlaw (Gauthier) -- 1.56.960
3.Daniel Melville (Kamaha) -- 1.57.074
4.Shinobu Katayama (Kamaha) -- 1.57.249
5.Dan Greenlaw (Voeckler) -- 1.57.728
6.Hagane Shizuka (Kamaha) -- 1.57.932
7.Barii Mori (Kamaha) -- 1.58.089
8.Rosco Vantini (Kamaha) -- 1.58.245
9.Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen (Gauthier) -- 1.58.616
10.Bastiaan van Niuwenhuijzen (Voeckler) -- 2.01.938

TEST REPORT

Gauthier: BvN couldn't adapt well to the car and suffered a Loose Wheel which took him out of his race simulation. Dan Greenlaw completed great simulations and improved both his race and qualifying pace.

Voeckler: BvN suffered an accident on his second lap. Dan Greenlaw completed great simulations. The team was very happy with his progress.

Kamaha: Days 1-2-3: The team couldn't trigger any major problems on Day 1. On Day 2 both drivers suffered Transmission problems while on Day 3 Melville suffered a late problem with his car. The car improved 350 reliability points.

Days 4 and 5: Neither Mori or Katayama could complete race simulations. Vantini also suffered problems on his second simulation, but could finish the first without any major problems. The parts brought were ok and the car has improved by 0,1 Downforce points.

MRT: Melrose completed 5 out of 8 simulations with 2 accidents and one simulation aborted due transmission problems. Pace was very good and the new parts worked vey well. The car improved 0,9 Downforce points

PRIVATE TEST -- Zandvoort -- 11-14 September

1.Nathanael Spencer (Boxtel) -- 1.22.691
2.Daniel Melrose (Boxtel) -- 1.23.008

BEST RACE PACE TIMES

1.Nathanael Spencer (Boxtel) -- 1.24.426
2.Daniel Melrose (Boxtel) -- 1.25.034

Test Report: The team did good progress by finishing all race simulations except those on Race 2. The car proved quite faster with the new upgrades and improved by 0,8 downforce
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

F1RWRS 2017 -- ROUND 12 -- MONACO GP

Weather Dry all weekend

PRE-QUALIFYING

1.Marco Bizzarri (Revolution) -- 1.25.120
2.Philippe Nicolas (Arrowtech) -- 1.25.125 (+0.005)

3.Alberto Cara (HRT) -- 1.25.259 (+0.139)
4.Miko Fakkinen (Fusion) -- 1.25.382 (+0.262)
5.Daniel Melville (Kamaha) -- 1.25.386 (+0.266)

6.Shinobu Katayama (RLR) -- 1.25.651 (+0.531)
7.Hagane Shizuka (Kamaha) -- 1.26.225 (+1.205)
8.Andrej Kremnicky (Revolution) -- 1.26.233 (+1.113)

9.Nathanael Spencer (Boxtel) -- 1.26.270 (+1.150)
10.Jean Vincent Albertini (Autodynamics) -- 1.26.313 (+1.193)
11.Hansuke Shioya (Arrowtech) -- 1.26.320 (+1.200)
12.Nicolas Steele (Autodynamics) -- 1.26.438 (+1.318)
13.Hiroto Tojo (Mecha) -- 1.26.747 (+1.627)
14.Geoff Donnelly (Fusion) -- 1.27.245 (+2.125)
15.Daniel Moreno (Gillet) -- 1.27.364 (+2.244)
16.Daniel Melrose (Boxtel) -- 1.27.594 (+2.474)
17.Jesus Plaza (Mecha) -- 1.27.823 (+2.703)
18.Shane Skeelenberg (RLR) -- 1.27.902 (+2.782)
19.Michael Robertson (HRT) -- 1.34.116 (+8.996)
20.Eric Swerts (Gillet) -- No time

** Revolution avoids Pre-Qualifying from Round 13

QUALIFYING

1.Wouter Lamberigts (Simpson) -- 1.23.582
2.Alexey Buyvolov (Aeroracing) -- 1.24.239 (+0.657)
3.Rhys Davies (Voeckler) -- 1.24.282 (+0.700)
4.Martin McFry (NRE) -- 1.24.455 (+0.873)
5.Danny van Rijkens (Gauthier) -- 1.24.465 (+0.883)
6.Fredo Mestolio (MRT) -- 1.24.556 (+0.974)
7.Kay Lon (Aeroracing) -- 1.24.732 (+1.150)
8.Thomas de Bock (Voeckler) -- 1.24.767 (+1.185)
9.Marco Bizzarri (Revolution) -- 1.24.820 (+1.238)
10.Du Lei (Gauthier) -- 1.24.945 (+1.363)
11.Mark Dagnall (Jones) -- 1.24.990 (+1.408)
12.Diego Alvarez Torrente (Jones) -- 1.24.996 (+1.414)
13.Dave Simpson (Simpson) -- 1.25.075 (+1.493)
14.Daniel Martins (Sunshine) -- 1.25.162 (+1.580)
15.Douglas Mann (Foxdale) -- 1.25.216 (+1.634)
16.Jean-Luc Schiller (MRT) -- 1.25.422 (+1.840)
17.Alessandro Lucarelli (PORE) -- 1.25.478 (+1.896)
18.Miko Fakkinen (Fusion) -- 1.25.478 (+1.945)
19.Philippe Nicolas (Arrowtech) -- 1.25.572 (+1.990)
20.Hansuke Shioya (Arrowtech) -- 1.25.651 (+2.069)
21.David Neuberg (PORE) -- 1.25.651 (+2.069)
22.Gregor Pascal (Sunshine) -- 1.25.830 (+2.248)
23.Barii Mori (NRE) -- 1.25.835 (+2.253)
24.Hagane Shizuka (Kamaha) -- 1.26.186 (+2.604)
25.Andrej Kremnicky (Revolution) -- 1.26.275 (+2.693)
26.Daniel Melville (Kamaha) -- 1.26.576 (+2.994)
DNQ.Geoff Donnelly (Fusion) -- 1.26.623 (+3.041)
DNQ.Peter Port (Foxdale) -- 1.27.461 (+3.879)

** Foxdale drops to Pre-Q from Round 13

RACE

1.Rhys Davies (Voeckler) -- 2h 19m 16.253
2.Alexey Buyvolov (Aeroracing) -- +1.10.672
3.Kay Lon (Aeroracing) -- +1 Lap
4.Thomas de Bock (Voeckler) -- +1 Lap
5.Martin McFry (NRE) -- +2 Laps
6.Hansuke Shioya (Arrowtech) -- +2 Laps
7.Philippe Nicolas (Arrowtech) -- +2 Laps
8.Jean-Luc Schiller (MRT) -- +2 Laps
9.Dave Simpson (Simpson) -- +2 Laps
10.David Neuberg (PORE) -- +2 Laps
11.Miko Fakkinen (Fusion) -- +2 Laps
12.Gregor Pascal (Sunshine) -- +3 Laps
13.Andrej Kremnicky (Revolution) -- +3 Laps
DNF.Marco Bizzarri (Revolution) -- Transmission
DNF.Danny van Rijkens (Gauthier) -- Engine
DNF.Fredo Mestolio (MRT) -- Transmission
DNF.Douglas Mann (Foxdale) -- Transmission
DNF.Du Lei (Gauthier) -- Water Leak
DNF.Hagane Shizuka (Kamaha) -- Suspension
DNF.Barii Mori (NRE) -- Accident
DNF.Daniel Melville (Kamaha) -- Suspension
DNF.Wouter Lamberigts (Simpson) -- Accident
DNF.Alessandro Lucarelli (PORE) -- Accident
DNF.Mark Dagnall (Jones) -- Accident
DNF.Diego Alvarez Torrente (Jones) -- Accident
DNF.Daniel Martins (Sunshine) -- Accident

Fastest Lap -- Rhys Davies (Voeckler) -- 1.24.334
DOTR -- Marco Bizzarri -- Kept the Revolution in the podium until the car expired. Remarkable performance
ROTR -- Jones -- Taken out in two separate first corner accidents in first lap. A weekend to forget.

** Alessandro Lucarelli will serve a One Race Ban at Round 13 for provoking an accident with Car #3 on first lap.
Last edited by Aerond on 25 Jan 2015, 16:35, edited 2 times in total.
dr-baker

Re: F1RWRS 2017 - Monaco LIVE NOW

Post by dr-baker »

I wasn't quite expecting Peter Port to be dead last in qualifying, although I should have seen it coming... Still, I reckon that Foxdale will be able to get out of qualifying fairly easily next time out, they usually don't stay in pre-q for long!
MCard LOLA
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Gauthier and Fusion will swap chassis for the last four races of the season, and then swap back once 2017's over.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Autosport wrote:Jones livid after abysmal Monaco weekend

Sammy Jones was literally frothing at the mouth after less than a lap had been completed of the 2017 F1RWRS Monaco GP this weekend, as both of this drivers were caught up in separate accidents, leading to both of their retirements.

The team boss was seen screaming profanities up and down the paddock, with a maniacal look in his eye, as he saw his team loose significant ground to title rivals Aeroracing and Voeckler in both title battles.

Autosport attempted to get Jones' thoughts on the events post-race, but the Briton could only scream "I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS...AAARRRRGHHH" in the face of our junior reporter, who has since been referred to a councillor for psychiatric help.

To compound Jones' misery, his former driver and reigning champion Rhys Davies won the race on his return to the sport, his first race since he left the Jones team at the end of 2016.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Gazzetta dello Sport wrote:Bizzarri breaks down - both mechanically and emotionally - losing Monaco podium

It seemed written in the stars. One of the biggest upsets of F1RWRS history was on the cards, a rookie driver with the minnow Revolution team that had recorded 40 DNPQs and 5 DNQs in their last 54 appearances. They'd already upset the odds with fifth at Zandvoort, but with Marco Bizzarri at the helm, it seemed the tiny Japanese outfit were about to take one almighty scalp.

Fastest in pre-qualifying, the Italian rookie then skilfully threaded his bright red machine through the Monaco armco to an astounding ninth on the grid. Minnows qualifying high up the grid isn't new in F1RWRS, but staying there is a trick few small teams can pull off.

This was no ordinary race however. Chaos at the first turn eliminated several key contenders and demoted others down the order. Despite the first turn madness, Bizzarri kept a cool head and moved up to seventh. And as the race progressed, he picked off drivers ahead one by one, a combination of smart strategy and sensible driving. This was no sit at the back of the field and wait for the rest to take care of themselves job - he was in the thick of it, and he was slowly climbing his way to the uncharted heights of the podium.

With less than 20 laps to go of the marathon 96 lap event, Bizzarri was battling tooth and nail with Aeroracing stalwart Kay Lon for the final podium place. And tragedy struck. A seized transmission ground his car to a halt, trickling desperately down the short run between Casino Square and Mirabeau. The dream was over. The car had broken down. Followed by the driver.

Bizzarri, likely well aware this race would have been a career defining performance, was shell-shocked. His masterful driving all weekend had been reduced to another retirement on the scoresheet. The best drive of his career had amounted to nothing. He clambered out of his stricken Revolution, kneeled next to the cockpit, and broke down in tears. The marshals had to coax him away from the car and behind the barriers, to allow the smoking red car to be craned out of the way.

Bizzarri's manager, former F1RWRS racer Giovanni Roda, offered praise and sympathy to his compatriot, having watched the race on television in China in between his driving duties at Zhuhai with Maserati.

"Today, Marco finally matured as a driver," he commented. "There was always a little uncertainty in his driving and approach in the past, but today he looked like a veteran of the sport - almost as good as me! His driving was spot on, precise, done with the right mix of speed, aggression and patience. There is no doubt he deserved to finish on the podium today. I am heartbroken for Marco."

Watch video of Bizzarri's tragic retirement and reaction

Voeckler Talent Troupe Round-up - F1RWRS Monaco

Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler
"A phenomenal job today by Rhys. He was absolutely perfect. We were worried about Lamberigts holding us up at the start, but he dispatched him by Turn 1, allowing the focus to turn to Buyvolov. Alexey did a great job as a mobile chicane, but our pit crew are top notch and gave Rhys the opportunity to get past and vanish into the distance. He was flawless, those ten points are incredibly valuable in the constructors championship. With fastest lap to boot, I couldn't have asked for more."

"As for Thomas, he was unfortunate to get caught up in that first turn mess and it set him back. It was a good recovery drive from him to get fourth, although we must admit we benefited from retirements ahead of us to get that position. Traffic in Monaco is horrible, which probably cost Thomas a tilt at third place and catching Lon."

Marco Bizzarri
[incoherent blubbering mess]

Alessandro Lucarelli
"The commission are an disgrace. 'ow can it be my fault when that idiota turns in on me? There is armco on the inside, I cannot vanish. But I was unlucky that the car that turned in on me was Dagnall - they get so much income in bribes from his family, it's impossible to not get a ban if you so much as brush his car. The Dagnalls are the Mafia of F1RWRS."

Image Image