2014 Canadian GP RoTR

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
TomPryce

2014 Canadian GP RoTR

Post by TomPryce »

Well, here we go for voting.

You know what, stuff it, I'm reneging and going back to my original vote of Massa. His binning in the dying seconds was just foolish. Go with the gut, I say.
Last edited by TomPryce on 08 Jun 2014, 19:59, edited 4 times in total.
Remembering a Welsh sporting hero. Pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
AxelP800

Re: 2014 Canadian GP RoTR

Post by AxelP800 »

Nobody
Last edited by AxelP800 on 09 Jun 2014, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
GerhardTalger

Post by GerhardTalger »

1. Kimi Raikkonen - For having one of those SERIOUS off days
2. Max Chilton - Way to end your streak and the Marussia happiness.

HM: New teams reliability, Merc reliability, Massa/Perez incident.
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

I think Chilton, for managing to not only go out but committing the cardinal sin of taking his team-mate with him.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Felipe Massa, no question. Absolutely ridiculous move on Perez, he had half the track to his inside and didn't use it. Ruined Perez's race when he had driven heroically. GTFO F1, Felipe. :x
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

AxelP800 wrote:MAX CHILTON
Anyone who nominates Massa. Now I see it as racing incident. Perez switch lanes, Massa got caught and wham

Yep.
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Where in the West End of London do we start here?

Max Chilton - It breaks my heart to nominate him. :cry:
Kimi Raikkonen - ...yeah.
Sauber - So much lel rel, still finished outside the points. Great fuggen job Hinwil.
Mercedes - What's that, simultaneous reliability problems? And then the contretemps at the last chicane.
Cynon - You missed such an awful race mate. :P

But ROTR has to go to:

FELIPE MASSA - You goddamn moron. GO HOME. :evil:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Split between Chilton and Massa for both making daft moves that resulted in some seriously scary crashes.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

WILLIAMS! Threw away the win with a horrendous first stop with Massa and, maybe, for not take the risk with one stop strategy.

That's why the team still didn't score a podium in this season and never will.

Special mention for Force India reliability. Costed Perez a win with the DRS and brake problems.
Last edited by Dj_bereta on 08 Jun 2014, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Anyone who nominates Massa. Now I see it as racing incident. Perez switch lanes, Massa got caught and wham

Too bad expectations play a big role in ROTR. We expect Massa to do well and he bins it like a moron at the end and actually forgets how to pass at the end. The expectations for Chilton are much, much lower and almost non existent. Grow up.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
andrew2209

Post by andrew2209 »

Raikonnen-Aside from a lazy spin, where was he all race?
W12

Post by W12 »

1. Max Chilton
2. Kimi Räikkönen
Born on the same day as HWNSNBM!

Fan of: Ricciardo, Räikkönen and Marussia (R.I.P?).
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

RealRacingRoots wrote:

Too bad expectations play a big role in ROTR. We expect Massa to do well and he bins it like a moron at the end and actually forgets how to pass at the end. The expectations for Chilton are much, much lower and almost non existent. Grow up.

Shut up. I know what I'm talking.
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

Tough one here because I thought it would be all wrapped up but Massa has made me think again
Max Chilton His Dad better pay for all that repair damage for Marussia. A very bad day for Mr Talent. Bonus Point for saying it wasn't his fault. It WAS mate.
Massa I was SO tempted to give it to him but in the end I felt the actual ROTR deserved it more. But he was an idiot at the end and could have killed himself and Perez with that move
Lotus BTW another double DNF
Caterham Ditto
Kimi Raikkonen Rubbish
BBC Unbelieveable after a great race they cut off the podium interviews so they can fit in some rubbish tv show that will try to compete with Downton. NOT HAPPY :evil:

But the Winner is
Mercedes From huge winners to a disaster for them. Almost a Double DNF for them. I have never heard of BOTH cars developing a problem at the same time. oh and the pit stops as well count towards it.
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

So, there is, again, a couple of nominees:

Max Chilton
Ruining your streak by crashing into your teammate, and beeing your fault. Not good by mr.Talent himself.

Felipe Massa
You utter, utter moron. How does one even do that? On one side, he would've probably won if it weren't for his slow pitstops. On the dark side, you can't ruin Checo's race like that, on the last lap.

Kimi Raikkonen
Woah Kimi... I'll be surprised if he doesn't jump shite before the end of the season. Just doesn't seem motivated at all.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

1)Max TALENT Chilton: He took out his own teammate and ended his lucky run

2)Ferrari: All the publicocrap about the new parts was for nothing. Alonso barely holding and lackluster Kimi in 10

Dishonorable mentions to Marussia and Caterham (pls go home), Felipe Massa (a mistake that could've been worst)

The Look Mom! No brakes! Award goes to Lewis Hamilton: Nico made the heavier braking and your's ended cooked? C'mon Man!
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

Caterham - Two early mechanical retirements, no pace
Sauber - did we see them on TV except for Gutierrez retiring, and Sutil tooling around getting lapped at the end?
Mercedes - Twin mechanical mishaps at exactly the same time? Madness

Sure, Chilton's accident and then claim that it wasn't his fault was a serious blooper, he's done well to go this long before having one but it was a silly and avoidable racing incident rather than full on rejectful. Massa was a pure racing incident, while Raikkonen and the Lotus's had severe off days, but were not the worst offenders.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

1. Felipe Massa
The ultimate choker. What the hell was that? Has he forgotten how basic racecraft works? As Perez was clearly in front, he has the right to aim his car directly at the apex. He wasn't the first driver today to do that move. And he made the one move. He was not weaving. What he did was by the book. And Massa choked and jumped at the first sight of half a chance that very quickly disappeared. Even more so, he could have just stayed in position and picked up some valuable WCC points for Williams. That will hurt them dearly in their fight against McLaren (although Massa dealt with Force India nicely by eliminating Perez :roll:).

2. Max Chilton
Crashes into team-mate with driver error of his own doing, blames team-mate for accident. Not really the accident giving him ROTR, more the fact he simply hasn't understood what he did wrong.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Had planned to give it to Perez for most of the last 20 laps, for bottling up the Red Bulls and Massa and thus depriving us of a 3 way battle for the lead, but I need to see the crash again to decide does Massa warrant it.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

RealRacingRoots wrote:The expectations for Chilton are much, much lower and almost non existent. Grow up.

This part is irrelevant though. If a person makes a dumb mistake, it's ROTR candidate, no matter who it was. If Maldonado does something dumb, he can still be ROTR, even though it'd almost be considered normal for him!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Dj_bereta wrote:WILLIAMS! Threw away the win with a horrendous first stop with Massa and, maybe, for not take the risk with one stop strategy.

As a Williams fan, your final statement is depressing to read, but probably true. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

I have to go with Massa, that was rubbish, he could have had a 5th place at worst.
Kimi was also lousy, and he only got a point because of this last lap accident. Sauber was so bad that Sutil still got classified behind Massa and Perez, Caterham had a horrid weekend, Marussia managed to fall out by lap 2, Kvyat took the share of STR's unreliability this time, Hamilton suffered yet another DNF, Alonso never had a real chance at big points thanks to his car... not 2007-level ROTR material grid, but Massa will most likely take it himself.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

I am not going to nominate Mercedes because their woes brought some much needed spice to a dull fight for the win. I am also not going to nominate Chilton because quite frankly, he's so much of a joke anyway.

I am going to nominate FELIPE "AND THIS IS WHY I WILL NEVER BE ANYTHING BUT A GLORIFIED NO.2" MASSA. You total bathplugging dolt. You HAD VETTEL DEAD TO RIGHTS. Vettel was BARELY keeping level with both cars having DRS, had you just passed Perez cleanly, you would've had Vettel easily before the finish line. But no. You made a mess out of it. You goddamn idiot. Go Home Felipe
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
LellaLombardi

Post by LellaLombardi »

Massa. I was cheering him on at one point. I thought he could have got a win, or at the very least a podium. Wouldn't that have been wonderful after his accident and years in the Ferrari doldrums, to show us that he's still a force to be reckoned with? Oh but wait...he trashes it for both himself and Perez and was very fortunate that neither of them are badly hurt (although I am sure they will both be checked over after those impacts).

Honourable mention to Chilton, Mercedes and Sauber.
Maria De Villotta will forever be badass. Rest in Peace.
Pulling for Schumi and Jules.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Felipe Massa: FFS you were starring out there and you threw it all away. The crash was your fault because you forgot to brake
Sauber: The most anonymous team of the race
Daniel Kvyat: JEV thrashed him all weekend
Mercedes Reliability: Not the best way to make history or create a title battle
Caterham: Couldn't do half the race compounding what was a pathetic weekend
Nico Hulkenberg: What happened in the 2nd half of the race?
Renault engines: They just lacked grunt. Note Vettel and Hulkenberg
Kimi Raikkonen: Go home Iceman

But it's got to be

Max Chilton: That was 100% your fault mate and you yourself ruined your perfect record. I'm sorry but even being the demigod of the forum can't save you from that. What made it worse was that he blamed Bianchi for it. He was completely blameless mate.
GerhardTalger

Post by GerhardTalger »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Max Chilton: That was 100% your fault mate and you yourself ruined your perfect record. I'm sorry but even being the demigod of the forum can't save you from that. What made it worse was that he blamed Bianchi for it. He was completely blameless mate.

Did he seriously do that? :lol:
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

DonTirri wrote:I am not going to nominate Mercedes because their woes brought some much needed spice to a dull fight for the win. I am also not going to nominate Chilton because quite frankly, he's so much of a joke anyway.

I am going to nominate FELIPE "AND THIS IS WHY I WILL NEVER BE ANYTHING BUT A GLORIFIED NO.2" MASSA. You total bathplugging dolt. You HAD VETTEL DEAD TO RIGHTS. Vettel was BARELY keeping level with both cars having DRS, had you just passed Perez cleanly, you would've had Vettel easily before the finish line. But no. You made a mess out of it. You goddamn idiot. Go Home Felipe

Controversial Salamander is going to stick his neck on the line and totally agree with DonTirri. Well, apart from Chilton being a joke, because as the rest of us know, he is still TALENT TALENT TALENT.
Everything's great.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

GerhardTalger wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Max Chilton: That was 100% your fault mate and you yourself ruined your perfect record. I'm sorry but even being the demigod of the forum can't save you from that. What made it worse was that he blamed Bianchi for it. He was completely blameless mate.

Someone's mentioned it around here but I can't remember who
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
GerhardTalger wrote:

Someone's mentioned it around here but I can't remember who

He did; in interview with BBC during race.
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
MrMG

Post by MrMG »

He did, was interviewed by the BBC during the race and outright blamed Bianchi.

DC was quick to rubbish him on it.
Last edited by MrMG on 08 Jun 2014, 20:21, edited 1 time in total.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Im gonna nominate myself for jinxing massa or actually predicting with a post I made saying
massa's gonna get you
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Massa
-*:-
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

3rd:Kimi Raikkonen: Was absolutely nowhere and the only moment I saw of him was that lazy spin he had. I know the Ferrari is crap but please try harder.

2nd:Max Chilton:: I'm sorry, you losing it in that turn and then subsequently running into your teammate is not your fault? What a costly repair for Marussia and I hope his father pays for the repair bills.

1st: Felipe Massa:: You bathplugging imbecile. Ruined his race and Perez's as well as nearly collecting Vettel with a move that was never going to work. I seriously hope he gets penalized for the next race akin to what happened to Grosjean. That was simply unsafe.
Last edited by Dan B on 08 Jun 2014, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.
Stormwind

Post by Stormwind »

Felipe Massa, hands down. It's one thing to struggle when the car is not up to snuff. But Massa was on fresh tyres with a powerful Mercedes engine behind him. Had a couple of opportunities to pass Vettel had he been smart enough to use DRS which he did not. Even DC was scratching his head about why Massa wasn't using his DRS. He was catching up about a second per lap but then becomes mired behind Vettel. Then stuffs up a respectable 5th place, points which Williams desperately needs.

As a Williams fan, I am so sad that I was right, signing Felipe Massa was shooting themselves in the foot. They have a good car this year that is wasted by this man. Though I'm glad he's unharmed after that idiotic stunt.

I just pre-ordered a cap and a performance Tee from Williams Martini Racing, Hopefully that extra change will help them afford a better driver next year.
More_Blue_Flags

Post by More_Blue_Flags »

good_Ralf wrote:
Dj_bereta wrote:WILLIAMS! Threw away the win with a horrendous first stop with Massa and, maybe, for not take the risk with one stop strategy.

As a Williams fan, your final statement is depressing to read, but probably true. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I hate to admit it, but Williams have been pretty consistent at making poor in-race decisions throughout the season.

And my ROTR? I really can't decide yet if that last lap crash was a genuine racing incident or Massa disgracing himself, so it will either be Massa or Max (blaming Bianchi? Come on, man). I'll get back to you on that one.

Saw a few nominations for Kimi, he's looking pretty good for DBTMOTR...
CoopsII wrote:Wouldnt it be lovely if just for once someone said "I really want to emulate Boutsen and get a decent, if not spectacular, result with some solid points".
James1978

Post by James1978 »

For a totally new nomination, whoever was in charge of the feed - on more than one occasion they cut away from something I REALLY wanted to see!!
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

I'm going to nominate the director, for showing cutaways of people watching the race while exciting things were happening on track.
S951

Post by S951 »

I'll go for Williams pitstop strategy man this time around better thinking could of prevent what happened at the end, he was so much faster than both the Mercs he could of easily stayed out in front but what to be ahhh...
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I'm going to say bathplug, bath, bathroom and bath house to you all and nominate the BBC's wardrobe department. DC's mint green trousers, Suzi's mustard-yellow moon boots and... I would just like to say if I may, everything Eddie has ever worn, ever. I need eye bleach after that lot.

Maybe a mild snarl in Talent's direction.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

fjackdaw wrote:I'm going to nominate the director, for showing cutaways of people watching the race while exciting things were happening on track.

I totally forgot, that was something I wanted to nominate as well. It was awful director work, it seemed like he had no awareness of how the race was developing at all at points.
Everything's great.