2014 Comment: HAM-fisted - the feud we had to have?

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

2014 Comment: HAM-fisted - the feud we had to have?

Post by eytl »

Hi everyone,

Well it wouldn't be F1 Rejects if we weren't a day late and a dollar short, would it? Apparently they've now kissed and made up, but since everyone chipped in with their two cents over Lewis v Nico at Monaco, we thought we would too ... from a slightly different angle. We wonder if a combination of media pressure and some dubious mind-management on Hamilton's put Lewis in a place he didn't need to be, and in a feud that doesn't - and need not - exist. And whether in fact all Hamilton's done is reveal an Achilles' heel that Rosberg might now exploit.

Have a read and see what you think.

http://www.f1rejects.com/centrale/2014/hamfisted/index.html

Cheers,
Enoch
Jocke1

Re: 2014 Comment: HAM-fisted - the feud we had to have?

Post by Jocke1 »

Lewis in 2009;
I was misled. I'm not a liar. I'm not a dishonest person. I'm a team player and every time I've been informed to do something I've done it.
This time I realise that it was a huge mistake and you know I'm learning from it, you know.

I call bull$hit that Lewis and Nico spoke yesterday. Not after how Lewis behaved in the principality.
Today we spoke&we're cool, still friends #noproblem
and a cute little picture of the two of them on unicycles.

This is Toto/Niki/Paddy's work. Or perhaps even higher up. It's obvious to me that someone has 'informed' Lewis that
"he needs to publicly state that they're friends again", and preferably to really hammer the message home
"find some great nostalgic video or photo to really cement the statement and make it seem real and truthful".
And being the self-proclaimed 'team player', he did it.
Tomorrow he might come out and say he was misled, he's not a liar and that he's still learning from it.

Until it's proven otherwise, I think they haven't talked to each other and that this latest message on twitter is a manufactured lie
created from within Mercedes to try and get the vultures in the media a little bit off their backs, at least until Canada.

Either this, or Lewis suffers schizophrenia. How many times has he gone back and forth in his statements, anyway?
-*:-
W12

Post by W12 »

Great article as always, eytl! :)
Born on the same day as HWNSNBM!

Fan of: Ricciardo, Räikkönen and Marussia (R.I.P?).
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Nice article, Enoch :)
Jocke brought up good points too. I don't say it's not over yet.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

outtakes from Sunday;
Pinkham:
Do you not think communication is important if you are going to clear up any bad feelings?

Lewis:
No.

P:
So where do you go from here with Nico. Going into Canada, what about in terms of mending bridges with your friend?

L:
Well, we're not friends.
-*:-
TomPryce

Post by TomPryce »

Great article, always love the Season Comments.

Just thinking, what's the likelyhood that forum members could club together to write race reviews on behalf of you guys? They were always a popular feature, and I'm sure us regular Joes could possibly help out...
Remembering a Welsh sporting hero. Pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
johnston21

Post by johnston21 »

I "for one," am enjoying the drama. Otherwise, what off-track excitement would we have had this year, other than the selfie of Bieber with Bernnie? Woo-Hoo...
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Just thinking, what's the likelyhood that forum members could club together to write race reviews on behalf of you guys? They were always a popular feature, and I'm sure us regular Joes could possibly help out

I'd be up for that. Would take some organising but it could be done.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
LeytonHouse

Post by LeytonHouse »

Excellent article Enoch. Some very good points raised, completely agree with everything you said.
"A GP2 car is faster than my Caterham" - Kamui Kobayashi (Pre-season testing 2014)
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

eytl wrote:
making loom band bracelets

I can't believe those bloody things get a mention on here, they're scattered liberally around my house....
Just For One Day...