2017 AutoReject 3.5: NC race up, hibernation mode activated

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.

Where would you like to see the Australian round held?

Poll ended at 05 Sep 2014, 13:23

Barbagallo Raceway (aka Wanneroo Park)
3%
Hidden Valley Raceway
21%
Mallala Motor Sport Park
2%
Penrith Speedway (Oran Park)
24%
Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit
31%
Queensland Raceway
2%
Symmons Plains Raceway
14%
Wakefield Park
2%
Winton Motor Raceway
2%

Total votes: 58

Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2017 AutoReject 3.5: Zandvoort Final

Post by Ataxia »

This wrote:Not bad, not bad at all. Whilst it is good to see Bastian having a very good form lately, Jerry's declining form is really, really worrying...
The car defenitely isn't the problem, so if he doesn't score a podium place, he's either going to be demoted to F3RWRS or dropped altogether.

I intend to ship him off to the US at the end of the season, so whatever you do this year is fine with me...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Sammy Jones wrote:Another good race for Marko, the kid has some real talent and through his excellent consistency he remains at the top of the championship. More wins would be good, but I have every faith that he will get them in the latter half of the year. As for Alessandro, he continues to squander his chances at a top team and save his career. He won't be retained for 2015 so it's all down to him to prove to other team bosses that he has what it takes to compete at the top. He's had a couple of good results this year, but nothing like enough. Let's hope he picks it up big time in these last races, he's running out of time.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Deadline for possible driver changes is 6th January 2015, 16:00 UTC, including Harmsky's replacement. Also, unless something serious happens there'll be one race weekend every week from now on, until the season has been run completely.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
OsellaFA1L

Post by OsellaFA1L »

Yeah, I am still alive, good to see Speedworld totally failing to live up to their name
RIP Jules Bianchi

Only Bernie could pay his way out of a bribery court case
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Seeing as I'm going away for a while, and it looks like this season is going to finish at breakneck speed, I'll nominate some replacements for Voeckler GPE in case of injuries and/or suspensions:

Belgium
1st Reserve: Jack Christpherson, Jr
2nd Reserve: Mineiro (if given clearance by Ataxia for a second appearance outside of AR 2.0 E)
3rd Reserve: John Bovy (in case Mineiro fails to get clearance)

Japan
1st Reserve: Dan Greenlaw
2nd Reserve: Salvatore Miccoli
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Autosport wrote:Falik relishing battle with Jones
Prince Falik is relishing a battle with Jones to the teams championship, "We are happily leading and as long as my clowns of Vantini and Ardaoglu score points for the last races then we should clinch it. However me and Sammy [Jones] have a friendly rivalry even if he signs drivers I run, ho ho. Both drivers are also in with a chance of winning the drivers championship but both need to step up their game, yes, yes, yes.". Falik currently lead the championship by 24 points over Jones.

"Samora Mondiane did not disappoint"
Prince Falik was also impressed by Mondianes performance at the Netherlands race, "Samora Mondiane did not disappoint, he qualified in his heat and was running well before he retired.I will be keeping an eye on his career."
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

OsellaFA1L wrote:Yeah, I am still alive, good to see Speedworld totally failing to live up to their name

On that note:
SRMP wrote:Say goodbye to Ural Racing

Just before the German round of this year's championship, AutoReject 3.5 officials have told us that Ural Racing, one of the few remaining teams that took part in the series' predecessor Rejects of LFS, have been permanently removed from the entry list and banned from entering any further races in the schedule. According to the officials, the team has repeatedly failed to pay their share of the transport costs in time, and despite numerous demands have failed to make any amends. The team is believed to owe in excess of 300,000 euros to the series' management, and with the series suffering from reduced spectator amounts it is reasonable to think that it's insustainable to have teams failing to pay their debts any further.

tl;dr Ural Racing are removed from the series on the basis of the "no freeloaders rule". Also, as I mistakenly wrote February as the deadline for Harmsky's replacement, I'm giving pasta_maldonado until tomorrow 12:00 UTC to find a replacement for him.

Please be advised that I'm already running Heat A, so if you were planning to change drivers in any of the cars taking part in it (all cars with odd numbers) it's already too late for that.
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

AutoSport wrote:Plus One to sign Mathilde Thybes

Mathilde Thybes will step back into a AR 3.5 car to join PORE from the Round of Germany, replacing the injured Joe Harmsky.

To read more, please subscribe to AutoSport +
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2017 AutoReject 3.5: Lausitz Heats

Post by Nuppiz »

2017 AutoReject 3.5 Round of Germany, EuroSpeedway Lausitz, August 18th-21st 2017, semifinal heats:
Weather report:
Sunny all around.

Heat A Qualifying

Heat A Race results

Heat B Qualifying

Heat B Race results

Stewards' report
Markus Jacobson has been given 15 penalty points for colliding with Mathilde Thybes in Heat B.

Penalty standings:
Andrea Massini 45
Kenan Ardaoglu 35
Gilles Massinion 25
Hobson Tarantino 22
Chris Winter 18
Janne Kagström 18
Martin van der Maeyede 15
Andrea Battani 15
Markus Jacobson 15
Patrick Feldhoffer 15
Luc Pellerin 15
Thomas Butler 15
Victoria Desai 15
Yuki Matsudate 10
Jari Lappalainen 10
Joe Harmsky 8
Björn Ekdal 8
Urmas Pärn 8
Silvia Renaldi 8
Emma Kickert 7
Fredson Santos 5
Abdel Genazzi 5
Ivan Lanin 5
Kalliope Spiros 5

30 points lead to a one-race long ban.

Doctor's report
Nothing to report.

Video
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2017 AutoReject 3.5: Lausitzring Final

Post by Nuppiz »

2017 AutoReject 3.5 Round of Germany, EuroSpeedway Lausitz, August 18th-21st 2017, feature final:
Weather report:
Sunny all around.

Qualifying

Race results

A fairly boring race until lap 31, when Jantscher's suspension failure caused all sorts of shenanigans. Also notable is that this is Yamamura's first retirement of the season, having started and finished every race before this. He's still one of the four drivers remaining to have scored points at every race weekend so far, along with Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen, Gary Pacer and Nino Barlini.

Stewards' report
Silvia Renaldi, Victoria Desai, Jiri Komárek and Ólafur Ragnar Hannesson have been given 10 penalty points each for failing to show proper caution under yellow flags.
Jerry de Boer has been disqualified from the race and given 20 penalty points for failing to show proper caution under yellow flags and colliding with Nino Barlini.

Penalty standings:
Andrea Massini 45
Kenan Ardaoglu 35
Victoria Desai 25
Gilles Massinion 25
Hobson Tarantino 22
Jerry de Boer 20
Chris Winter 18
Janne Kagström 18
Silvia Renaldi 18
Andrea Battani 15
Markus Jacobson 15
Patrick Feldhoffer 15
Luc Pellerin 15
Thomas Butler 15
Jiri Komárek 10
Ólafur Ragnar Hannesson 10
Yuki Matsudate 10
Jari Lappalainen 10
Joe Harmsky 8
Björn Ekdal 8
Urmas Pärn 8
Emma Kickert 7
Fredson Santos 5
Abdel Genazzi 5
Ivan Lanin 5
Kalliope Spiros 5

Doctor's report
Despite his scary accident, Nino Barlini is clear to compete at the next round; however, his proneness to injury has increased due to a mild concussion. Same applies to Andrea Massini.

Championship standings
Video
FMecha

Re: 2017 AutoReject 3.5: Zandvoort Heats

Post by FMecha »

Ataxia wrote:
FMecha wrote:It's official, we suck this season. :|

> Always hires terrible drivers
> Wonders why his team does so badly

Wake up and smell the coffee!

:idea: Do you have a good quality driver for AR3.5? I might sign one... 8-)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

FMecha wrote:
Ataxia wrote:

Do you want to sign Alessandro Marchesi for next season?

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

These races... well, it was somehow okay
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

FMecha wrote:
Ataxia wrote:

Former F1RDS, F3RWRS and ARST driver James Douglas will be more than happy to take up a drive at TRE if there's one available
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

AndreaModa wrote:
FMecha wrote:

R.T.S is offering Marchesi a contract for next year in AR 3.5. Surely, an Italian driving for a prominent Italian team seems like a match made in heaven, compared to an Italian driving for, arguably, the worst team in the series.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

FMecha wrote:
Ataxia wrote:

Can't help you out for this season, I'm afraid, but come to me when you're looking at drivers for 2018.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

RealRacingRoots wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:
FMecha wrote:

R.T.S is offering Marchesi a contract for next year in AR 3.5. Surely, an Italian driving for a prominent Italian team seems like a match made in heaven, compared to an Italian driving for, arguably, the worst team in the series.

Excellent! Someone will get him off my books. Speak to Aerospeed as Marchesi is his driver.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

I might as well start looking for top drivers for 2018 as well, as i don't plan to promote my junior drivers yet.
Obviously Van Nieuwenhuijzen isn't going to stay in this series next year. Even if he fails to secure a F1RWRS drive, i'd rather see him in F2RWRS. De Boer isn't good enough, so i suggest to let him drive one race in F2RWRS at the end of the year so i can get rid of his contract.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:I might as well start looking for top drivers for 2018 as well, as i don't plan to promote my junior drivers yet.
Obviously Van Nieuwenhuijzen isn't going to stay in this series next year. Even if he fails to secure a F1RWRS drive, i'd rather see him in F2RWRS. De Boer isn't good enough, so i suggest to let him drive one race in F2RWRS at the end of the year so i can get rid of his contract.

You're right, Basti is offski to F1RWRS next season. I may have another Dutch driver for you in 2019 though.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

This wrote:I might as well start looking for top drivers for 2018 as well, as i don't plan to promote my junior drivers yet.

De Boer's going off to the US in 2018. Don't worry about that contract bollocks; just do what you want to.
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

AndreaModa wrote:
RealRacingRoots wrote:

Excellent! Someone will get him off my books. Speak to Aerospeed as Marchesi is his driver.

Too bad Aerospeed's last visit here was 07 Oct 2014, 04:37. Aerospeed getting the memo that he was needed for something, F1RWRS or not, was never his strong suit.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Prince Falik wrote:Oh my, that was a great race. Nothing better then a 1-2 in the final. I have been told to say "Jones, your boys took a hellava beating!". I think we have the teams championship in the bag with the fat lady finishing her vocal exercises.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Ataxia wrote:

De Boer's going off to the US in 2018. Don't worry about that contract bollocks; just do what you want to.

Okay. In that case, i will honour other contractual obligations, and give the last to races here to Da Cunha, as i haven't used him anywhere yet this season, and he's so slow that i want to get rid of him as fast as possible. I will also promote De Boer to F2RWRS for the last races, just because i want to.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:
Ataxia wrote:

Okay. In that case, i will honour other contractual obligations, and give the last to races here to Da Cunha, as i haven't used him anywhere yet this season, and he's so slow that i want to get rid of him as fast as possible. I will also promote De Boer to F2RWRS for the last races, just because i want to.

You aren't planning on replacing Miccoli are you?!

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

He's not done much Biscione... ;)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Biscione wrote:You aren't planning on replacing Miccoli are you?!

Replacing the one driver i have that does score points? Nope, nothing to be worried about.

But i still have 2 very interesting places for 2018!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2017 AutoReject 3.5: Spa Heats

Post by Nuppiz »

2017 AutoReject 3.5 Round of Belgium, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, September 1st-3rd 2017, semifinal heats:
Weather report:
Sunny all around.

Heat A Qualifying

Heat A Race results

Heat B Qualifying

Heat B Race results

Stewards' report
Nada.

Penalty standings:
Andrea Massini 45
Kenan Ardaoglu 35
Victoria Desai 25
Gilles Massinion 25
Hobson Tarantino 22
Jerry de Boer 20
Chris Winter 18
Janne Kagström 18
Silvia Renaldi 18
Andrea Battani 15
Markus Jacobson 15
Patrick Feldhoffer 15
Luc Pellerin 15
Thomas Butler 15
Jiri Komárek 10
Yuki Matsudate 10
Jari Lappalainen 10
Joe Harmsky 8
Björn Ekdal 8
Urmas Pärn 8
Emma Kickert 7
Fredson Santos 5
Abdel Genazzi 5
Ivan Lanin 5
Kalliope Spiros 5

Doctor's report
Andrea Massini is in a critical condition at the hospital and will definitely miss the rest of the season, including the NC race. Rosco Vantini, Tanner Jason and Darko Kuzmanovic can thank their lucky stars, HANS devices and the upcoming month-long break in the race schedule that they won't be missing the last race weekend.

Video
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2017 AutoReject 3.5: Spa Final

Post by Nuppiz »

2017 AutoReject 3.5 Round of Belgium, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, September 1st-3rd 2017, feature final:
Weather report:
Sunny all around.

Qualifying

Race results

Stewards' report
Nada.

Penalty standings:
Andrea Massini 45
Kenan Ardaoglu 35
Victoria Desai 25
Gilles Massinion 25
Hobson Tarantino 22
Jerry de Boer 20
Chris Winter 18
Janne Kagström 18
Silvia Renaldi 18
Andrea Battani 15
Markus Jacobson 15
Patrick Feldhoffer 15
Luc Pellerin 15
Thomas Butler 15
Jiri Komárek 10
Yuki Matsudate 10
Jari Lappalainen 10
Joe Harmsky 8
Björn Ekdal 8
Urmas Pärn 8
Emma Kickert 7
Fredson Santos 5
Abdel Genazzi 5
Ivan Lanin 5
Kalliope Spiros 5

Doctor's report
Nothing to see here.

Championship standings
Video
Backmarker

Re: 2017 AutoReject 3.5: Spa Final

Post by Backmarker »

Bernd Schröder wrote:We are pleased with another solid performance from Thomas Butler, and also that Jiri Komárek has raised his game a little and is now consistently qualifying for the finals at each race.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2017 AutoReject 3.5: Suzuka Heats

Post by Nuppiz »

2017 AutoReject 3.5 Round of Japan, Suzuka International Racing Course, October 6th-8th 2017, semifinal heats:
Weather report:
Qualifying: Dry
Races: Wet

Heat A Qualifying

Heat A Race results

Heat B Qualifying

Heat B Race results

SRMP wrote:Rain causes chaos at AutoReject 3.5 season finale

Torrential conditions during the semifinal heats of AutoReject 3.5 season finale at Japan's Suzuka Circuit led to high attrition, as drivers attempted to show off their best skills for perhaps the last time this season. While Friday's qualifying session was dry despite a heavy cloud cover, the teams were greeted this morning by the sight of heavy rain pouring down all across the track area and beyond. With most of the drivers being used to good conditions - rain had last been seen at an AR 3.5 race at the season opener in Australia - the day was expected to become difficult and costly as the treacherous conditions made the possibility of accidents much higher.

Some drivers who had already surprised during the dry qualifying session by being much higher in the order than usual continued their solid performances during the races, while some - including all three title contenders - struggled badly. While both races saw their fair share of incidents, leading to one of the highest attrition rates in the series in a long time, Heat B proved to be the more eventful one of the two. This culminated in a heavy collision as Thomas Butler approached Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen in a lapping attempt, but a combination of poor conditions and misjudgment by boith driver saw the two cars hit each other heavily, sending the Dutchman's car spinning into the barriers. Despite the heavy accident he was lucky to avoid major injury, but is most likely not going to contest the non-championship charity race next weekend.

As if this wasn't enough drama, Kenan Ardaoglu retired from the lead with an engine failure on the main straight. As the cameras rolled to show a replay of his car going up in flames, a thunderbolt struck one of the electrical substations of the circuit and blackened all cameras for the remainder of the race despite the Japanese engineering team's best efforts to fix the issue. Because of this no official footage is avaialable from the last three laps of the race.*

All of this lead to some of the perhaps most surprising results with many drivers rarely seen in the points positions at all suddenly occupying podium positions, with Mathilde Thybes - rushed in as a replacement to injured Joe Harmsky a couple of rounds ago - even going as far as snatching the Heat B win. With such surprising results in the heats and the championship leader unable to score any more points, the finale will be a tense battlefield between Marko Jantscher and Rosco Vantini for the 2017 AutoReject 3.5 Driver's Championship title.

*This was actually me hitting F10 to capture a screenshot with Fraps, but the same button also activates automatic pitlane control in the game and I forgot to deactivate it again. Thus the safety car controlled by me was driven by the AI into the pitbox, and as I was already DQed for reversing into the pitlane the race ended immediatedly.

Stewards' report
As this is the last championship weekend of the season, no penalty points are handed out as they would be nullified at the season's end anyway.

Penalty standings:
Andrea Massini 45
Kenan Ardaoglu 35
Victoria Desai 25
Gilles Massinion 25
Hobson Tarantino 22
Jerry de Boer 20
Chris Winter 18
Janne Kagström 18
Silvia Renaldi 18
Andrea Battani 15
Markus Jacobson 15
Patrick Feldhoffer 15
Luc Pellerin 15
Thomas Butler 15
Jiri Komárek 10
Yuki Matsudate 10
Jari Lappalainen 10
Joe Harmsky 8
Björn Ekdal 8
Urmas Pärn 8
Emma Kickert 7
Fredson Santos 5
Abdel Genazzi 5
Ivan Lanin 5
Kalliope Spiros 5

Doctor's report
Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen suffered minor injuries in his crash which will see him missing the NC race.

Video
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Brabants Dagblad wrote:van Nieuwenhuijzen furious with AR 3.5 driving standards

AR 3.5 frontrunner Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen has slammed his rival competitors over poor driving standards, following his involvement in two accidents in the series finale at Suzuka - the latter of which caused the Maaskantje native a minor injury.

"A handful of us are professionals, the rest are kids playing with toys," he said. "There are two types of problem driver in this series; those that use their car as a weapon, and those who use it as a plaything. I was taken out of each running of the race by both, but surprisingly the one that injured me was the latter."

"It's disgusting. We've seen on many occasions that Mathilde Thybes is a dangerous driver, and yet still she is allowed to return time and time again. There are some world class female drivers in single seaters; Pippa Mann was the F1RWRS champion, we also have Marjolein Postma who is doing great things in the lower feeder series right now...but Thybes, she should hang up the helmet and stay in the kitchen."

"Butler...I don't know. Sometimes he drives ok, sometimes he drives like a boy racer who just got his license last week. What am I supposed to do? I left two cars width, I can't leave more than that or else I will just miss the corner entirely and end up in the barrier. Even the most useless pay-drivers can even overtake with that kind of space. Maybe he was sleeping or something, I don't know."

"I'm really angry. This should have been an incredible fight for the title between myself and Marko, and instead it has been ruined and turned into a procession by this melange of retards. I feel sorry also for the fans - they come out here in their thousands in the horrible weather, and they are robbed of the showdown they deserved by complete morons with more money than talent."

AR 3.5 is a series that has gone through many management changes over the last few years. One such form it has taken in the past is Rejects of LFS, in which Japanese driver Nobushige Fukuda was killed in an accident during a race weekend at the Kyoto Ring. Van Nieuwenhuijzen expressed fears of a repeat following his Suzuka accident.

"I was really lucky. My car went into the fence backwards, so I had the entire rear end of the car protecting me and absorbing some of the impact. If I went into that fence at a different angle, it's possible I'm not even here anymore. With these kind of drivers still racing in 3.5, the Fukuda incident will happen again. It is only a matter of time. AutoReject needs to clear out these idiots before one of them kills someone else again."

"I'm glad to be leaving - this series is a joke. I have more race wins than anyone else by a long way, but my car keeps breaking or I get taken out of races by talentless monkeys. I've had enough."

Van Nieuwenhuijzen will graduate to the top level F1RWRS series next year with French team Equipe Gauthier, partnering fellow RoLFS/IFRC/3.5 graduate Danny van Rijkens.

Image Image
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Thomas Butler wrote:I have no earthly idea what that Bastiaan chap is playing at. He was a lap down, he knew he needed to let me by. Why didn't he back off before 130R to ensure there wouldn't be a collision. Prematurely ended both of our seasons, and it need not have happened.

Oh well, it's been a fairly decent year with Schröder. Four podiums and a likely top 10 in the standings is pretty good for my debut season. Hopefully we will be able to race again together next season, and maybe we will earn that maiden victory that unfortunately eluded me this year. A better choice of team mate would be best for business as well, Schröder deserve to be higher than 8th in the standings...
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Thomas Butler wrote:I have no earthly idea what that Bastiaan chap is playing at. He was a lap down, he knew he needed to let me by. Why didn't he back off before 130R to ensure there wouldn't be a collision. Prematurely ended both of our seasons, and it need not have happened.

Oh well, it's been a fairly decent year with Schröder. Four podiums and a likely top 10 in the standings is pretty good for my debut season. Hopefully we will be able to race again together next season, and maybe we will earn that maiden victory that unfortunately eluded me this year. A better choice of team mate would be best for business as well, Schröder deserve to be higher than 8th in the standings...

Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen wrote:Oh my, why I do apologise dear fellow, for assuming you weren't completely and utterly incompetent. I made the grave error of assuming there was even an ounce of talent in your possession, and that you were capable of taking 130R on the racing line. How foolish of me! I was unaware that you required several yards of space beyond the racing line to traverse the corner.

You are a f***ing walking stereotype. Don't forget your monocle and cup of tea you posh c***.

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Dennis Mignolet wrote:Now Bastian, we don't curse here in our team. We understand that you feel bad because a well diserved title is taken from you by incompetent eh.. people. You made it out alive without life-changing injuries, and when you arrive in F1RWRS, you are assured that these peoplewill probably never be able to race with you again. Don't waste your time and energy on them.
We wish you good luck, we have seen you improve over the last 2 years, and if you keep that improvement, you are going to make us all proud.

On second thought, you can curse, but do it in dutch. Insulting in dutch sounds twice as insulting as you'd do it in english.

Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen wrote:Ok boss! Time to kick some kut!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Autosport wrote:BREAKING NEWS: Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen crowned AR 3.5 champion as Jantscher finishes 12th in season finale

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2017 AutoReject 3.5: Suzuka Final

Post by Nuppiz »

2017 AutoReject 3.5 Round of Japan, Suzuka International Racing Course, October 6th-8th 2017, feature final:
Weather report:
Rainy all around.

Qualifying

Race results

Stewards' report
After keeping his nose clean for all season, Tanner Jason decided to crash into as many cars as possible in the final. As his competition license was conditional on him staying out of trouble, it has now been permanently revoked. In other words, he may never compete in AR 3.5 or its possible successors.

Penalty standings:
Andrea Massini 45
Kenan Ardaoglu 35
Victoria Desai 25
Gilles Massinion 25
Hobson Tarantino 22
Jerry de Boer 20
Chris Winter 18
Janne Kagström 18
Silvia Renaldi 18
Andrea Battani 15
Markus Jacobson 15
Patrick Feldhoffer 15
Luc Pellerin 15
Thomas Butler 15
Jiri Komárek 10
Yuki Matsudate 10
Jari Lappalainen 10
Joe Harmsky 8
Björn Ekdal 8
Urmas Pärn 8
Emma Kickert 7
Fredson Santos 5
Abdel Genazzi 5
Ivan Lanin 5
Kalliope Spiros 5

Doctor's report
Nothing here.

Final championship standings, with the points distribution double-checked
Video

Congratulations to Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen, the 2017 AutoReject 3.5 Drivers' Champion!
Congratulations to Falik Arrows, the 2017 AutoReject 3.5 Teams' Champions!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2017 AutoReject 3.5: BvN & Falik champions, enter NC rac

Post by Nuppiz »

With the regular season now done, it's time for the traditional non-championship Nobushige Fukuda Memorial Trophy at Autopolis. Unlike the regular season there's no driver restrictions so you can enter any drivers you want, for example if you want to use your AR 3.5 drivers in any of the other series that still have races left (but only after they've caught up with the canon calendar). You can still enter with your regular season drivers, of course.

The race does clash with the F1RWRS Argentine Grand Prix, so any drivers participating there obviously can't participate here. Due to Restov Racing and Ural Racing leaving the series, there's now space for Minarae and Blokkmonsta to have a second car if they so wish.

Signups will closed, all empty entries won't run at the NC race.

Entry list for the 2017 Nobushige Fukuda Memorial Trophy

DScity Voeckler (FRA, Biscione)
#1: Jordan Davies (GBR)
#2: Mineiro (BRA)
Engine: Renault

Aeroracing Engineering (GBR, Phoenix)
#3: Akira Yamamura (JPN)
#4: Ólafur Ragnar Hannesson (ICE)
Engine: Audi

National Jones AutoReject Racing (GBR, AndreaModa)
#5: Luke Gilson-Clarke (FLK)
#6: James Jones (GBR)
Engine: Ford

De Friis Motorsport (NED, Vepe)
#7: Urmas Pärn (EST)
#8: Jari Lappalainen (FIN)
Engine: Scania

Tarantino Autosport (USA, tristan1117)
#9: TBA
#10: TBA

Airwaves Nebula Grand Prix (FRA, Ataxia)
#11: Nathanael Cameron (GBR)
#12: Jorge Alvarez Torrente (ESP)
Engine: Mazda

Ansett Australia Racing (AUS, The Masked Lapwing)
#13: Emma Kickert (NED)
#14: Silvia Renaldi (ITA)
Engine: Holden

Racing Team Solvalou (ITA, RealRacingRoots)
#15: Aurelien Moll (BEL)
#16: Markus Jacobson (FIN)
Engine: Assoluto

Falik Arrows (NGR, SuperAguri)
#17: Rosco Vantini (ITA)
#18: Tomo Kazama (JPN)
Engine: Cosworth

Takagi Racing Enterprises (JPN, FMecha)
#19: Cecep Sugiharto (INA)
#20: Luca Modena (ITA)
Engine: Mugen-Honda

Chris Short Racing (GBR, RonDenisDeletraz)
#21: TBA
#22: TBA
Engine: Gillet

Plus One Racing Engineering (GBR, pasta_maldonado)
#23: Pierre St. Laurent (CAN)
#24: Mathilde Thybes (FRA)
Engine: Triumph

RonDen Racing Engineering (BEL, This)
#25: Salvatore Miccoli (ITA)
#26: Marjolein Postma (NED)
Engine: Van Hool

Écurie Prenois (FRA, pi314159)
#31: Tuomas Suomanen (FIN)
#32: Gary Pacer (CAN)

Speedworld Racing (AUT, OsellaFA1L)
#33: TBA
#34: TBA
Engine: Cummins

Clockwork Racing (USA, Cynon)
#35: TBA
#36: TBA

Minarae (ITA, Aerond)
#37: TBA

Euromotor International (EUR, FantometteBR)
#38: Darko Kuzmanovic (MNE)
#39: Fredson Santos (CPV)
Engine: Porsche

Schröder (GER, Backmarker)
#40: Thomas Butler (GBR)
#41: Guadalupe Alvarez Reina (ARG)

RUF Blokkmonsta Motorsport (GER, CaptainGetz12)
#42: Malik Zidan (EGY)
Engine: RUF
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Marko Jantscher wrote:I...I screwed up. My mindset was just sub-optimal for this event, I am sorry. After my performance this weekend, it is surely Bastiaan who deserves the championship. I want to thank Mr. Jones for the chance to succeed in his team, and I would like to announce personally I am going to be in F1RWRS next season with the Nurminen team.

Anyway, my lineup:

Airwaves Nebula Grand Prix
#11: Nathanael Cameron
#12: Jorge Alvarez Torrente
Engine: Mazda

Marko won't be racing in the NC event, since after the rigours of a championship battle he's a bit drained. Jerry de Boer and Jari Lappalainen are available, as is Barlini if Voeckler choose to cut ties now.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Ataxia wrote:Marko won't be racing in the NC event, since after the rigours of a championship battle he's a bit drained. Jerry de Boer and Jari Lappalainen are available, as is Barlini if Voeckler choose to cut ties now.

We're choosing to focus on our future for the NC race, so we will indeed be leaving Barlini out of our lineup for the NC event.

Jordan Davies will continue as the lead driver if Salamander is okay with it, and partnering him will be Mineiro.

As RonDen are without star driver Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen due to injury, VTT are willing to supply them with a like-for-like Dutchie replacement; Marjolein Postma, who has been making waves in AR 2.0, is available to take Bastiaan's place. Alternatively, you could just use your F2RWRS driver and former IFRC frontrunner Salvatore Miccoli instead...

Also, Nuppiz, DScity Voeckler are French, not Italian :P

Image Image
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Any* driver in the Best In The World™ support group is available for guest appearances in the NC race.

User permission for BITW members with DECs not owned by me required.

Furthermore, Jaropolk Petrovich wants to rumble with the young guns and would be happy about any offers.