2017 AutoReject 3.5: NC race up, hibernation mode activated

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.

Where would you like to see the Australian round held?

Poll ended at 05 Sep 2014, 13:23

Barbagallo Raceway (aka Wanneroo Park)
3%
Hidden Valley Raceway
21%
Mallala Motor Sport Park
2%
Penrith Speedway (Oran Park)
24%
Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit
31%
Queensland Raceway
2%
Symmons Plains Raceway
14%
Wakefield Park
2%
Winton Motor Raceway
2%

Total votes: 58

Salamander

Re: 2017 AutoReject 3.5: BvN & Falik champions, enter NC rac

Post by Salamander »

Biscione wrote:Jordan Davies will continue as the lead driver if Salamander is okay with it

I am indeed okay with that.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Just give the ROTY award to us, and we'll sk... put Cecep Sugiharto and Luca Modena for NC, to see their worthiness next season. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

FMecha wrote:Just give the ROTY award to us, and we'll sk... put Cecep Sugiharto and Luca Modena for NC, to see their worthiness next season. :)

So much for Sugiharto focusing on tin-tops, huh?
Everything's great.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Darko Kuzmanovic will enter the Memorial Cup driving the #38 car. #39 still TBA
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Verna Klien would be willing to again drive for Clockwork Racing in the NC race.
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Autosport wrote:Jones - Runner-up no disgrace for Jantscher

Team boss praises Jantscher's commitment over the season and fires teammate Marchesi immediately

Sammy Jones has praised his driver Marko Jantscher after the Austrian could only finish 12th in the season finale, denying him the chance to seal the drivers' title. Despite that however, Jones has labelled Marko "an exemplary driver" who showed his class throughout the year. He went on to add that finishing second "was no disgrace" and that Marko's recent announcement that he will drive for Nurminen in F1RWRS in 2018 was "the perfect reward" after his excellent 2017 season.

In the same interview, Jones added that Jantscher's teammate, Italian Alessandro Marchesi, had been fired immediately following the conclusion of the final race of the year. Jones explained that the Italian had been "blown into the weeds" by Jantscher despite both of them starting the season on equal billing. Jones added that as far as he was concerned, Marchesi had "simply not been good enough" when considering his previous motorsport experience.

All change for 2018
The net result is that Jones' team will for the second year in succession have an all-new line-up in AR3.5, and the Briton was able to reveal one of his drivers for next year already. Luke Gilson-Clarke has been signed to the team after a promising season in AR2.0 North America, and the Falkland Islands driver has also been signed to National Petroleum's "Champions of the Future" programme at the same time. Jones told reporters that he was "delighted" to hire Gilson-Clarke and that the youngster would be given "as much time as he needs" to get used to the faster cars.

A second driver for Jones would be announced in due course the Briton confirmed.

Okay, with that out of the way, my line-up for the NC race will be as follows:

#5: Luke Gilson-Clarke
#6: TBA

The second seat is open to prospective drivers who would like a top seat for AR3.5 in 2018. I'll consider all offers, but I'm not going to put anyone in the car - they need to demonstrate that they can at least win or score regular podiums earlier in their career. Either PM me or reply in here!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Biscione wrote:As RonDen are without star driver Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen due to injury, VTT are willing to supply them with a like-for-like Dutchie replacement; Marjolein Postma, who has been making waves in AR 2.0, is available to take Bastiaan's place. Alternatively, you could just use your F2RWRS driver and former IFRC frontrunner Salvatore Miccoli instead..

Or both, it' not like i have anything better, and i don't want to rush my F3RWRS drivers.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:
Biscione wrote:As RonDen are without star driver Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen due to injury, VTT are willing to supply them with a like-for-like Dutchie replacement; Marjolein Postma, who has been making waves in AR 2.0, is available to take Bastiaan's place. Alternatively, you could just use your F2RWRS driver and former IFRC frontrunner Salvatore Miccoli instead..

Or both, it' not like i have anything better, and i don't want to rush my F3RWRS drivers.

Well, if you want to use both, that's fine with me; just be warned, it's Postma's first time in such a powerful car - yes, there is some talent there, but she's quite inexperienced. But maybe Postma can end up at RonDen permanently at a later stage once she has more experience. Events like these help...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

AndreaModa wrote:The second seat is open to prospective drivers who would like a top seat for AR3.5 in 2018. I'll consider all offers, but I'm not going to put anyone in the car - they need to demonstrate that they can at least win or score regular podiums earlier in their career. Either PM me or reply in here!

James Jones, who is currently running 3rd in AR2.0E, would like to be considered for the role. Although he only has 3 podium finishes in sprint races, he is still within a feature race win of championship leader Mineiro, and within a sprint race win of 2nd-placed Iakopo Fuamatu, both of whom have a year of experience on Jones.
Everything's great.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Biscione wrote:
This wrote:

Well, if you want to use both, that's fine with me; just be warned, it's Postma's first time in such a powerful car - yes, there is some talent there, but she's quite inexperienced. But maybe Postma can end up at RonDen permanently at a later stage once she has more experience. Events like these help...

I'm used to using drivers that undeperform. However, most drivers siginifcantly improve after driving for RonDen!

But for 2018, i want a top driver. So if race-winning F3RWRS drivers or points scoring AR3.5 drivers are interested, drop by in our glorious motorhomes.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Jordan Davies wrote:Wow, that was a pretty crazy race! I was hoping it'd go good for me because I did really well in the heat race, but I couldn't do a good qualifying lap and after that somebody hit me and then the team said that I should stop racing because of that. Which is a shame but I don't blame whoever it was because it was kinda hard to see out there. But I'm still super happy with all the good races I did this year, and I think I'm gonna get another year here with Mr. Voeckler's team which is really cool! Maybe next year I can win the championship! :D
Everything's great.
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

As long as the owner of his contract has no objections, Schroder will race Thomas Butler in the Nobushige Fukuda Memorial Trophy. The other seat is available.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Our regular pair of driver will contest the NC race. Also, I think this is as good a time as any to announce we'll keep Hannesson for 2018.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Phoenix wrote:Our regular pair of driver will contest the NC race. Also, I think this is as good a time as any to announce we'll keep Hannesson for 2018.

Bit late their, pal. Maybe should have made a move sooner. Hannesson has already signed a contract with RTS, as they came asking for him before he won the feature race.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

AndreaModa wrote:The second seat is open to prospective drivers who would like a top seat for AR3.5 in 2018. I'll consider all offers, but I'm not going to put anyone in the car - they need to demonstrate that they can at least win or score regular podiums earlier in their career. Either PM me or reply in here!

How about the current points leader in AR 2.0 North America, Roger Ibe? Put him in the Jones AR3.5 Machine for Autopolis and see where it goes from there, ya?

RTS at Autopolis:

#15: Aurelien Moll (With permission from TommyKL)
#16: Markus Jacobson
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Schröder will be using the NC race to evaluate Guadalupe Alvarez Reina, the current points leader in F5000.
The Iceman Waiteth
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

MRT Group drivers Gianluigi Pazzini and Antonio Didac Puerta are available to any team looking for drivers at Autopolis
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

ZimSport will run our usual drivers.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Falik Arrows will use Rosco Vantini and Tomo Kazama for the most fireworks.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Forum is back online, enter them drivers!
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Verna Klien wishes to continue to race for Clockwork in the NC race.
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Blokkmonsta will put Malik Zidan in the car for the Non-championship race.

After a solid year in AR2.0 North American we think he may do better for this round of non-championship racing.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Salamander's driver James Jones will be driving the second Jones car.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Plus One Racing Engineering announce that Pierre St. Laurent will by driving the #23 for the Nobushige Fukuda Memorial Trophy alongside Mathilde Thybes.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Fotis Iordanou (3rd in 2017 AR 2.0 North America) offers his services for any team interested.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Ecurie Prenois will run their regular drivers Gary Pacer and Tuomas Suomanen.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

I'll enter those guys biscione suggested :P
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Chris Short Racing would like to return, drivers are TBA
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Signups for the Nobushige Fukuda Memorial Trophy will close on Tuesday 7th April 13:00 UTC. As I'm aware that Vepe is currently otherwise occupied by playing war in the woods, his team (De Friis Motorsport) will use its regular season drivers unless he posts otherwise.
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Euromotor International announced their second spot for the Memorial race will be filled by Fredson Santos
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

If AR 3.5 allows it, RUF Blokkmonsta Motorsport will keep Tanner Jason on for the non-championship race. There is a bit of unfinished business left this season that we feel needs to be put to rest...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:If AR 3.5 allows it, RUF Blokkmonsta Motorsport will keep Tanner Jason on for the non-championship race. There is a bit of unfinished business left this season that we feel needs to be put to rest...

Nope. Jason's AR 3.5 competition license was revoked permanently following his actions in the Suzuka Final. While under normal circumstances he would've likely received a race ban for the next season, his past involvement in the death of Nobushige Fukuda meant that his license was already conditional to begin with. And although he performed admirably for most of the season, he broke those conditions at the last race by crashing into no less than four cars, with two of them being forced to retire as a result.

I'll also point out that any unfilled entries for the NC race will simply be voided and the affected cars won't run at all.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Nuppiz wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:If AR 3.5 allows it, RUF Blokkmonsta Motorsport will keep Tanner Jason on for the non-championship race. There is a bit of unfinished business left this season that we feel needs to be put to rest...

Nope. Jason's AR 3.5 competition license was revoked permanently following his actions in the Suzuka Final. While under normal circumstances he would've likely received a race ban for the next season, his past involvement in the death of Nobushige Fukuda meant that his license was already conditional to begin with. And although he performed admirably for most of the season, he broke those conditions at the last race by crashing into no less than four cars, with two of them being forced to retire as a result.

I'll also point out that any unfilled entries for the NC race will simply be voided and the affected cars won't run at all.

(I havent been following the replays very closely due to classes, but now I have to see this...)

In that case, we will open the non-championship slot for our up-and-coming Malik Zidan. With a season of AR 2.0 under his belt he should do better this time around.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Signups for the NC race have now closed. All empty entries on this list are considered null and void and won't run at all.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2017 AutoReject 3.5: NC race live!

Post by Nuppiz »

2017 Nobushige Fukuda Memorial Trophy, Autopolis International Racing Course, 15th October 2017

Qualifying
I should point out that these qualifying results are rather odd - msot of the positions are way off the stats I put in for the drivers. Also I had to use a maximum of 24 laps as some drivers kept doing a 13th lap and gettting DQed.

Race result
So all in all, the race was next to useless for its original purpose - showing the level of drivers that might make their debuts in AR 3.5 next season. Many of the performances were the exact opposites to what I had set in the driver files.
Backmarker

Re: 2017 AutoReject 3.5: NC race up, hibernation mode activa

Post by Backmarker »

Hmm, so Thomas Butler is actually the worst driver on the grid? :P
The Iceman Waiteth
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

NC race video is now up.

This topic will stay active until I post the 2018 one, at which point this will be archived.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Galaz will return,to be joined by son of Jorg and AR2.0 Europe frontrunnner Volker Scrattenheim
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

2017 AutoReject 3.5: 2018 Rule Changes

Post by Nuppiz »

Full list of rule changes for the 2018 season:

• Driver age limit of 30 years, i.e. drivers born in 1987 or earlier cannot take part in 2018. For this purpose the DOB of every driver must be entered during the entry process.
  • Driver experience rules are tightened. Drivers are now ineligible for AutoReject 3.5 if they've entered more than 24 or started more than 16 F1RWRS/ARWS races, or started more than 20 F1 races. Any combination of these three that exceeds 24 also makes a driver ineligible.
  • A champion of the series may not return for another season. This also concerns champions from the previous two incarnations of the series (RoLFS and IFRC). This is to prevent one driver dominating too much.
  • Team activity checks will be conducted once every three weekends with a warning given to all inactive team owners, and if the team owner has shown no interest towards the series within five weekends from the start of the season the team will be immediatedly booted out unless the team owner has specified a very good reason for his/her absence elsewhere on the forum or on IRC.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

After speaking with Nuppiz, Anu Võsu will be driving for Blokkmonsta for the 2018 season. I will update the wiki after this post is uploaded.