F2RWRS 2017 // Canada Results UP

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F2RWRS 2017 // TEAM OWNERS!

Post by tristan1117 »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
tristan1117 wrote:Hunky Dory would like a green, gold and white livery, if anyone can make that for me.

Yep, I can handle that. Any preferences as to what areas of the car are which colour? Also, if you have any sponsor requests, now is the time to say.

The dominant color should be green, with gold and white on the wings. If you need help on what shade of green, it's the one in the background of the Hunky Dory album cover.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: F2RWRS 2017 // TEAM OWNERS!

Post by Ataxia »

tristan1117 wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:
tristan1117 wrote:Hunky Dory would like a green, gold and white livery, if anyone can make that for me.

Yep, I can handle that. Any preferences as to what areas of the car are which colour? Also, if you have any sponsor requests, now is the time to say.

The dominant color should be green, with gold and white on the wings. If you need help on what shade of green, it's the one in the background of the Hunky Dory album cover.

But...that's...ew...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F2RWRS 2017 // Calendar Published// TEAM OWNERS!

Post by DanielPT »

Beirão would like a similar livery as last year.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

For those who do the liveries, just use the same ones as last year, but with updated numbers, since I can't think of anything else, and photoshop is broken for some reason :?

Also, I'm going to try again with a list of drivers I'm interested in hiring and hope at least one of them isn't under contract somewhere else :)
(again, in no preferential order)
Justin Case
Martin van der Maeyede
Martyn Rietacher
Gary Pacer
Roberto Dinella
Andrej Kremnicky
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Aerospeed wrote:For those who do the liveries, just use the same ones as last year, but with updated numbers, since I can't think of anything else, and photoshop is broken for some reason :?

Also, I'm going to try again with a list of drivers I'm interested in hiring and hope at least one of them isn't under contract somewhere else :)
Justin Case
Martin van der Maeyede
Martyn Rietacher
Gary Pacer
Roberto Dinella
Andrej Kremnicky

I don't think Justin Case has a contract this year, but This has made it quite clear that Case is strictly a reserve driver.
Martin van der Maeyede is signed at Plus One in AR3.5.
Gary Pacer is signed to Ecurie Prenois in AR3.5.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Aerospeed wrote:For those who do the liveries, just use the same ones as last year, but with updated numbers, since I can't think of anything else, and photoshop is broken for some reason :?

Justin Case
Martin van der Maeyede
Martyn Rietacher
Gary Pacer
Roberto Dinella
Andrej Kremnicky

Dinella will take the drive, on the provisio that Lampre logos (and thus the pink that goes with them) are featured prominently on the car.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Salamander wrote:
Aerospeed wrote:Justin Case
y

I don't think Justin Case has a contract this year, but This has made it quite clear that Case is strictly a reserve driver.

He has no contract, indeed, but he (his management, thus me) is only interested in temporary drives. And i have a feeling that considering my average line-up, i might need him after a while :P
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

AndreaModa wrote:

Justin Case
Martin van der Maeyede
Martyn Rietacher
Gary Pacer
Roberto Dinella
Andrej Kremnicky

Dinella will take the drive, on the provisio that Lampre logos (and thus the pink that goes with them) are featured prominently on the car.

If that is deal I'll going to scratch out Dinella's name from Aqua entry and offer it to someone else (not necessarily have to be Italian, though). That's right, if anyone has a driver eligible for F2RWRS, just tell me. :geek:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

FMecha wrote:If that is deal I'll going to scratch out Dinella's name from Aqua entry and offer it to someone else (not necessarily have to be Italian, though). That's right, if anyone has a driver eligible for F2RWRS, just tell me. :geek:

Go out and do some deals! Find some drivers with some junior pedigree, find out if they're free and make some offers! You're not going to get anywhere if you're not proactive...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Ataxia wrote:
FMecha wrote:If that is deal I'll going to scratch out Dinella's name from Aqua entry and offer it to someone else (not necessarily have to be Italian, though). That's right, if anyone has a driver eligible for F2RWRS, just tell me. :geek:

Go out and do some deals! Find some drivers with some junior pedigree, find out if they're free and make some offers! You're not going to get anywhere if you're not proactive...

I have plenty of drivers who are eligible, but i suppose you're not interested in drivers like Bainomugisha :P
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:
Ataxia wrote:

I have plenty of drivers who are eligible, but i suppose you're not interested in drivers like Bainomugisha :P

Aqua? Not interested? I doubt it! Bainomugisha meets the objectives of Aqua F2RWRS very well! :D
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

This wrote:I have plenty of drivers who are eligible, but i suppose you're not interested in drivers like Bainomugisha :P

Do you own him? He can drive for us, just name sponsors you have. :)
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

FMecha wrote:
This wrote:I have plenty of drivers who are eligible, but i suppose you're not interested in drivers like Bainomugisha :P

Yes. How does Cillit Bang! sound to you?
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Simon, Dinella confirmed at Aston, PR staff fired
During the bizarre off-season for Aston Martin, numerous drivers were linked to drive for the team when they were already confirmed in other series or teams. The numerous gaffes the PR team gave out led to their sacking today from Aston Martin.

"I am fed up with these people who see these drivers and then drive out stories to the press saying that they will drive for Aston," said team boss Brett Johnson. "I don't mind them, really, but they should check their sources first before sending out the stories. I told them that many times. The end result of these terrible news stories is that we get irked from many teams."

Johnson apologized for hiring the workers in the first place. "They had ambitious ideas, but obviously it is too aggressive to take in practice for the future."

In the meantime, Johnson announced that he signed Marie Simon was signed for the 2017 season, though there is a provision for Simon to go to the F1RWRS immediately should she get an offer from another team. Roberto Dinella was also confirmed, having been linked (successfully) to the drive and also bringing sponsorship cash. The livery is expected to be announced later in the month.

With that out of the way, is there a way to test out the liveries somewhere? I think I finally got the hang out of photoshop... :)
Trulli bad puns...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Aerospeed wrote:
With that out of the way, is there a way to test out the liveries somewhere? I think I finally got the hang out of photoshop... :)

Yeah, post a link to the livery on the forums and I'll get around to a preview whenever I can.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

This wrote:
FMecha wrote:

Yes. How does Cillit Bang! sound to you?

Fine and the deal is now official. :D
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Autosport wrote:San Miguel end association with Hawkin

San Miguel have announced that they do not intend to renew their sponsorship of Terry Hawkin ahead of the 2017 F2RWRS season. Hawkin, who has been backed by the lager brand since his emergence into mainstream single seaters in 2014, will drive for National Jones Ford Juniors this year. The young Brit, who many have tipped for future success having won the IFRC championship last season, will this year begin a long-term partnership with National Petroleum as one of its figureheads in a new promotional campaign across the UK.

National has been revived by the beleaguered BP in an attempt to save it's damaged reputation and plummeting revenue. The company has backed Sammy Jones' F1RWRS team since 2013 via its Castrol brand, but for 2017 the well-known green is gone and replaced by the blue of National who, in an expanded deal, now have title sponsorship deals for Jones' F1RWRS, F2RWRS and AutoReject 3.5 teams.

It is also understood that National is actively seeking to sponsor a number of up and coming British drivers with targets including James Jones in AutoReject 2.0, and Stan Frankham in F3RWRS. Autosport will bring you the latest on these developments as and when we have them.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F2RWRS 2017 // News!

Important News:

Unfortunately, the two chassis system has had to be scrapped. This is completely my fault for choosing a completely unworkable mod to base the series on, and despite my best attempts to fix things, it just wasn't working. It was far better in the short and long term to switch to another mod.

This means two things:

1) All liveries will need to be redone. The template resides here
2) The Dallara chassis has been dropped. The new chassis will be called the Lola B17/50

Due to this being my fault, I am taking it upon myself to convert any livery already done to the new model if you are unwilling/unable, as well as create from scratch those that hadn't been completed.

Also, the first round of the Pacific Rim Cup is ready to go, and should be online tomorrow.

Jones, Aeroracing and Aqua have not nominated a second driver, so will be assigned one by the F2RWRS commission. However, this will only be for one event, as I will be away from the forums for two weeks after the race. This means you have time to secure a replacement of your choice.

The Pacific Rim Cup will help towards generation of driver performance files, however PRC results won't over-ride a driver's previous results, experience and skill level.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I'm assuming the one driver down for me at the moment is Nurmester. To that, if it isn't obvious already, I'd like to add Hawkin, so the line-up mirrors the main season's.

Also, I will work on a Jones livery this evening.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

I'll have Kevin take drive for the rest of PRIC, unless This objects. ;)
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

AndreaModa wrote:I'm assuming the one driver down for me at the moment is Nurmester. To that, if it isn't obvious already, I'd like to add Hawkin, so the line-up mirrors the main season's.

Also, I will work on a Jones livery this evening.

Yep, Hawkin has been added.

FMecha wrote:I'll have Kevin take drive for the rest of PRIC, unless This objects. ;)

You have been assigned Luca Modena, who is your DEC, as you wanted an Italian driver.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

FMecha wrote:I'll have Kevin take drive for the rest of PRIC, unless This objects. ;)

I don't object.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Did you get my livery to test out a month or so ago Pasta? Its ok if you didn't. I'll be able to scrape together a livery when I get a stable internet connection. My best guess would be Sunday.
Trulli bad puns...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Aerospeed wrote:Did you get my livery to test out a month or so ago Pasta? Its ok if you didn't. I'll be able to scrape together a livery when I get a stable internet connection. My best guess would be Sunday.

Yeah, I did get it. There were a few mistakes, but that is irrelevant now :P .

The deadline for liveries is Saturday 23rd August. (but don't get too worried if you can't get it done by then)

Here is a link to the template in .pdn format, if anybody else needs it.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Here is a link to the template in .pdn format, if anybody else needs it.

Where is the original? PDN is a proprietary format for Paint.NET, isn't compatible with Photoshop.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Biscione wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:Here is a link to the template in .pdn format, if anybody else needs it.

Where is the original? PDN is a proprietary format for Paint.NET, isn't compatible with Photoshop.

The .psd format template is in the 'Important News!' post, but here it is again
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Broadcast of the Telstra Penrith Speedway Challenge is now live in the F1 Rejects chatroom.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Telstra Penrith Speedway Challenge // Penrith Speedway, Australia // Pacific Rim Cup Round 1 // January 8th, 2017

Qualifying

The main thing of note here is that Benoit Voeckler does not start last. Renato Bulku, be ashamed.

Race - 38 laps
Due to a FRAPS malfunction, I was unable to screenshot the race results.

1) Shane Walsh (Hunky Dory Glory Racing)
2) Terry Hawkin (Jones Ford Juniors)
3) Jordan Davies (Aeroracing Engineering)
4) Carter Simpson (Holden Young Lions)
5) Yuka Katayama (Falik Arrows)
6) Lukas Zuber (Hunky Dory Glory Racing) FLAP
7) Jorge Álvarez Torrente (Nebula Grand Prix)
8) Eric Swerts (RonDen Racing Engineering)
9) Renato Bulku (Holden Young Lions)
10) Marie Simon (Aston Martin Motor Racing)
11) Nick Nurmester (Jones Ford Juniors)
12) Franc Piscine (Melrose Racing Team)
13) Matthias Valsattis (Simpson Motorsports)
14) Marcel Agyemang-Badu (Voeckler GPE)
15) Salvatore Miccoli (RonDen Racing Engineering)
16) Luca Modena (Scuderia Aqua)
17) Benoit Voeckler (Aston Martin Motor Racing)
18) João António Soares (Licor Beirão Portugal Racing)
19) Gianluigi Pazzini (Melrose Racing Team)
20) Quentin Reatherson (Nebula Grand Prix)
Ret. Dan Greenlaw (Voeckler GPE) / 35 laps (DNF)
Ret. Alexandre Dorval (Gillet ENB) / 14 laps (Engine)
Ret. Johannes Rueckert (Licor Beirão Portugal Racing) / 11 laps (Suspension)
Ret. Brucie Kibbut (Aeroracing Engineering) / 11 laps (Accident)
Ret. Yui Megumi (Scuderia Aqua) / 8 laps (DNF)
Ret. Jason Hamilton (Gillet ENB) / 7 laps (Accident)
Ret. Hwok Kwol-Cho (Falik Arrows) / 6 laps (Collision with Lucarelli)
Ret. Alessandro Lucarelli (Simpson Motorsports) / 6 laps ( Collision with Kwol-Cho)
Ret. Cave Johnson (RBWRT) / 5 laps (Accident)
Ret. Sebastien Prost (RBWRT) / 0 laps (DNF)

Positives

Shane Walsh - Got the better of Marcel Agyemang-Badu in both qualifying and the early stages of the race. After Badu sent himself to the midfield after 11 laps, Walsh controlled the race, coming home to take his first victory in F2RWRS machinery, and the first victory for the newly-formed Hunky Dory Glory Racing team. Da.

Renato Bulku - Poor runs in qualifying saw him slower than everyone's favourite Voeckler, but redeemed himself by climbing to 9th from the last row of the grid.

Terry Hawkin - Impressive result from Sammy Jones' prodigy.

Jordan Davies - Davies' career is on the line and he knows it. He looked out of his depth in qualifying, missing braking points, turn ins and apexs, leaving him in 22nd position. An outstanding drive was needed today to silence his critics and he delivered magnificently, rising to the final step on the podium, to take 6 points in the DHL cup and the first Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race award of the season.

Negatives

Dan Greenlaw - No where in qualifying and anonymous in the race, before spinning with 3 laps to go and retiring the car. Whether or not his struggles were down to setup of mechanical problems his performance does not look good on paper - he needs to pull his finger our sharpish if he wants to retain his seat.

Melrose Racing Team - The mad Uncle will not be happy when news filters back to whatever beach he's lying on. An awful qualifying performance saw the two MRTs in 26th and 28th, and although Piscine showed some actual pace in the race, he could only progress to 12th.

Jason Hamilton - Comprehensively beaten by Alexandre Dorval in qualifying, Hamilton languished near the rear of the field, before a lazy spin whilst all by himself put paid to his afternoon after just 7 laps. Reject of the Race

Standings for the Pacific Rim Cup can be found here
AndreaModa

Re: F2RWRS 2017 // News! // PRC Race 1 results

Post by AndreaModa »

Good start from Hawkin, would like to be seeing more of Nurmester though in the next few races!

Anyway, liveries time, links are below:

Hawkin #23 - https://www.mediafire.com/?6jlo6wjb5noach9
Nurmester #24 - https://www.mediafire.com/?tq08i6b6l6zdvk3

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Here are the Gillet liveries.

http://www.2shared.com/file/bt3AgW-a/F2R17Dorval.html - #14 - Alexandre Dorval
http://www.2shared.com/file/xo9pLbSy/F2R17Hamilton.html - #13 - Jason Hamilton
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Here are the Nebula liveries and sundries: https://www.mediafire.com/?ae2t3o6kaadznd7

Since Pasta's on holiday, I'm happy to help out with some liveries in his absence...if you ask nicely :P
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Ataxia wrote:Here are the Nebula liveries and sundries: https://www.mediafire.com/?ae2t3o6kaadznd7

Since Pasta's on holiday, I'm happy to help out with some liveries in his absence...if you ask nicely :P

Well, given how crappy my Internet's been the past week, I'll send a livery request. I'll make it up somehow when I get the chance. Half should be green (like the other Aston cars) and the other half should be pink per the sponsorship agreement with Roberto Dinella and his Lampre sponsors. The Aston logo should also be featured obviously. Everything else will be up to you. :D
Trulli bad puns...
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

I guess i should send in a livery request again? Which is 'the same as the originally planned'
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Aerospeed wrote:
Ataxia wrote:Here are the Nebula liveries and sundries: https://www.mediafire.com/?ae2t3o6kaadznd7

Well, given how crappy my Internet's been the past week, I'll send a livery request. I'll make it up somehow when I get the chance. Half should be green (like the other Aston cars) and the other half should be pink per the sponsorship agreement with Roberto Dinella and his Lampre sponsors. The Aston logo should also be featured obviously. Everything else will be up to you. :D

Since I had time this afternoon, I've done them. It's a shameless rip-off of the Trident GP2 livery. Simon's comes without the pink because a) Lampre's nothing to do with her and b) I like variety. :P
FMecha

Re: F2RWRS 2017 / Confirm Pacific Rim Cup entries

Post by FMecha »

Plan:

FMecha wrote:Base model of Aqua's livery:

Sponsors will be Barilla, Parmalat, Ferrari, and if possible, Agip. :)

;)
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Autosport wrote:Lampre president hospitalised over reaction to new Aston livery

Following the unveiling of Aston Martin's new livery for the 2017 F2RWRS season, Lampre President Romeo Mario Galbusera reportedly choked on his lunch of spaghetti bolognese and had to be rushed to hospital. Autosport understands that Mr Galbusera is fine and well, but is livid with the Aston Martin bosses who approved the livery. Aston have signed Roberto Dinella to their team for 2017, and the Italian is heavily backed by Galbusera's Lampre. Throughout Dinella's career he has driven cars emblazoned with the pink made famous by the Italian metals manufacturer, but for 2017, the pink is confined to his car only, and even then just to the front nose section of the car.

Galbusera is reported to have told close friends that he'll be "sending round some of the boys" to Aston's head office, presumably to discuss the matter further, and attempt to increase his company's exposure on the car.

Galbusera, Dinella and Aston Martin's management all refused to comment on the situation when asked by Autosport.

Don't panic, just a bit of fun! :D

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Pink and green go together like Marmite and strawberry trifle. In other words, terribly!
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Ataxia wrote:Pink and green go together like Marmite and strawberry trifle. In other words, terribly!

He's known as Roberto "livery-ruiner" Dinella for a reason! :lol:

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Nikon Night Fight // Marina Bay Street Circuit, Singapore // Pacific Rim Cup Round 2 // January22nd, 2017

Qualifying

Race - 20 laps

Positives

Josh Carlisle:An amazing performance from the Briton. His qualifying performance alone was enough to make people take notice, but what no one expected was for Carlisle to storm into the leap on lap 1 and take control of the race. His grip looked to be shaky when Terry Hawkin launched a mid-race charge, but the Jones protege fell back before the final act of the race, leading Carlisle to take the chequered flag. Whilst one mega performance will not revolutionise the career of a man who has yet to impress, it can earn an Infinite Improbability Drive Of The Race award.

Gianluigi Pazzini:After a disastrous showing from all at MRT at Penrith, Pazzini provides the mad uncle with something to distract him from alcoholism.

Jordan Davies:Was on for a solid points finish, maybe even a podium, before a brakes failure gave him the inglorious accolade of being the race's only retirement.

Luca Modena:Another case of "Man with no talent has drive of life"

Negatives

Nick Nurmester: How to leave your F2RWRS title credentials in doubt: 1) Secure an emphatic pole 2) Proceed to drop like stone 3)Lazy spin 4)???? 5)Profit. Well, all Nurmester's shocking race performance and lazy spin from 8th to 13th have earnt him is Reject of the Race

Renatu Bulku: Had the pace to finish second or even win the race, but sent himself to the back of the pack after a kiss of the wall turned into something else.

João António Soares: Excelled in his application of the rolling roadblock theorem.

DHL Cup Standings can be found here