Caribbean Racing League - A new starter-level category

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
TomWazzleshaw

Caribbean Racing League - A new starter-level category

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

To cut a long story short, the Mad Uncle was fast running out of ideas for his F3 drivers, and decided that the best thing to do was to cobble up some old equipment (namely some ex-F1RDS cars with old BMW and Mini F3RWRS engines) and create his own racing league in the Caribbean. Yeah, this is bound to end well :lol:

Basically, what I've done is created a pool of drivers with varying degrees of abilities (although certainly not as good as their European, American or Australasian counterparts for the most part), came up up a couple of teams who would be brave and/or stupid enough to join, and devised with a 9 round calender to take them all around the Caribbean during the off-season. While the first batch of drivers have been created almost solely by me, other users are more than welcome to claim existing drivers that they think might turn out to be good (or rejectfully bad for the lels :P ) or provide ideas for privateers in the challenge class (Melrose is a bit cagey about letting in more championship-level entries that might legitimately beat him however. His egotistical ass is helping to run this, after all :P ). For reference, it slots below both the F3RWRS and AR2.0, and thus is designed to create new drivers and to feed my own already overgrown ego.

For a overview of the series, please click here, but here is a breakdown of the grid for the first season:

Championship Class - All cars run a 2016 Zytek-BMW combination

Horizon Motorsport (USA)
37. Pietronella Addiks (Aruba) - Claimed by Lappy
47. Marlin Hortin (Trinidad and Tobago) - Claimed by Klon
73. Herberto Santana (Dominican Republic) - Claimed by Tristan
74. Alvaro Montero (Puerto Rico)

As the overlord and supreme leader of this fourth-tier entry level category in some far-off corner of the galaxy, Melrose has entered 4 championship-level entries for the first year. Of the four, Addiks looks to be by far the most promising, and as a result of being from Arubu, has already been picked up by Pieter Kickert on the basis that it's basically the Netherlands in a fancy hat. The other three however look like they'd be backmarkers at best if they made the trip over to Europe

Tropico Grand Prix powered by Carlin (Tropico)
31. Josue Loyola (Tropico) - claimed by Pasta
32. Renato Herrero (Venezuela - Rounds 1, 9 only)
50. Victoria Marcia Belmonte (Tropico) - Claimed by Ataxia

As the only nation in the world where Motorsport is the national sport, it was obvious from the start that Tropico were gonna play a big role in the series. After initially declining to resume their relationship with CR Motorsport for the first season, Trevor Carlin stepped up to run the team, signing two Tropican 'talents' in Josue Loyola and Victoria Marcia Belmonte. While Loyola seems to be out of his depth compared to his championship rivals, Belmonte looks like she could be someone to look out for this year.

PDVSA Motorsport (Venezuela)
4. Sofia Bonaventura (Venezuela) - claimed by Biscione
13. Antonio Didac Puerta (Venezuela) - claimed by Wizzie

Having seen MRT's rather eccentric team owner in action, PDVSA decided that while they would trust him with the European operations, they wouldn't let Melrose anywhere near something that the Venezuelan government might actually witness first hand. Who they got for the job instead has been a mystery, but what is known is they have two Venezuelans in Sofia Bonaventura and Antonio Didac Puerta who are ready to show the world what they're about.

Silver Line Racing (Brazil)
11. Eduardo Armando (Panama) - Claimed by Klon
30. Eualia Viteri (Columbia)

After retiring from the F1RGP2C many years ago, Brazilian Pablo da Silva tried his hand at team management in his native Brazil, and turned out to be highly talented at it as he churned out multiple Sudamerica F3 title winners, including IndyCar driver Joao Cavalcanti. Having seen a new series pop up, Da Silva was one of the first to make the jump into the series. While Eduardo Armando and Eualia Viteri haven't set the timesheets on fire as of yet, if there's anyone who can polish them into dependable hands, its da Silva.

Starforce Engineering (USA)
6. Leon de Teodoro (Cuba) - Claimed by Takagi
66. Roger Gabrielson (Trinidad and Tobago - Rounds 2-3, 8), Dean Murphy (U.S. Virgin Islands - Rounds 4-7)

Starforce were an upstart at the beginning for 2012, and looked so full of promise when they applied to join the IRDU championship. But when the series collapsed and went through several structural changes, Starforce disappeared with it... until now. They may have started modestly with one car, but in that car they have put Cuban Leon de Teodoro in the seat, who many have rated very highly after his escapades in the US Karting scene. The Cuban government is also investing very heavily into the 16 year old, as they believe he could be the ticket to greater acceptance amongst the international community. Allegedly.

Challenge Class - All cars run a 2015 Zytek-Mini comination

Cypher Group (USA)
24. Clive Lynn (Jamaica)
25. Lindon Keys (Bermuda)

After their largely embarrassing showing in F1 as USF1, the Cypher group sat largely dormant in its North Carolina base, but from the ashes, the team rose again to field two challenge-class cars for Jamaica Clive Lynn and Lindon Keys. Many are questioning their driver choices however, as both seem somewhat out of their depth compared to their rivals in the challenge class.

Hemogoblin Autowerks (USA)
15. Aurele Duval (Guadeloupe) - claimed by Salamander

Everyone's favourite American privateers have returned to the PMMF as one of the many privateers in the category. They've entered quasi-Frenchman Aurele Duval from the colonies, which has made him of one of two drivers to already receive interest from Equipe Gauthier. This interest has raised the intriguing possibility of the team entering a second car through a merger with Equipe Daviau and Martinique driver Thomas Daviau later in the year.

Team Panamax (Panama)
16. David Alamila (Panama)

It's been alleged that after his sole F1RWRS season, Dan BH ran away to Panama and became a shipping magnate for some rather... 'exotic' products. Whether this team is actually his return to the PMMF as a team owner or just some sick joke by someone pretending to be him is entirely up for debate, but what is known is they've hired Panamanian David Alamila to drive their sole car, who so far seems to be one of the stronger privateer driver in the field.

Other privateers
RafaSport (Costa Rica): 12. Rafa Martinez (Costa Rica)
Nederlandse Antillen Wedren (Curacao): 18. Bernhard Hummel (Curacao), 68. Freek Aaldenberg (Sint Maarten)
Narvaez Family Racing (Puerto Rico): 21. Miguel Colon (Puerto Rico) - claimed by RRR
Gonzalez Motorsport (Nicaragua): 46. Angel Gonzalez (Nicaragua - Rounds 1-4, 8-9), Lamuel Bannock (Round 6) - claimed by AustralianStig
Darrell Racing Team (Bahamas): 62. Michael Darrell (Bahamas - Rounds 1, 4-7) - claimed by Wizzie
Kingston Autosport (Jamaica): 84. Royce Hewitt (Jamaica - Rounds 1, 4-7, 9) - claimed by petroli
Equipe Daviau (Martinique): 95. Thomas Daviau (Martinique - Rounds 1-3, 9) - claimed by Salamander
Last edited by TomWazzleshaw on 11 Jul 2014, 03:50, edited 3 times in total.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
AustralianStig

Re: Caribbean Racing League - A new starter-level category

Post by AustralianStig »

Jamaican 16 year old Lemuel 'Lel' Bannock, brother of F3RWRS driver Junior Bannock, is hoping to find a place in the series, in fact he's extremely disappointed that his long-time rival Royce Hewitt already has a drive. He is raising money in every way imaginable, including busking, a kissing booth, an arm-wrestling challenge and searching for rich relatives in his efforts to get on the grid and propel himself into RWRS contention.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AustralianStig wrote:Jamaican 16 year old Lemuel 'Lel' Bannock, brother of F3RWRS driver Junior Bannock, is hoping to find a place in the series, in fact he's extremely disappointed that his long-time rival Royce Hewitt already has a drive. He is raising money in every way imaginable, including busking, a kissing booth, an arm-wrestling challenge and searching for rich relatives in his efforts to get on the grid and propel himself into RWRS contention.

Angel Gonzalez is highly impressed with Bannock's efforts to attain sponsorship to further his career, and thus is willing to take his money in exchange for a one-off drive in the Jamaican round in the #46
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Wizzie wrote:Angel Gonzalez is highly impressed with Bannock's efforts to attain sponsorship to further his career, and thus is willing to take his money in exchange for a one-off drive in the Jamaican round in the #46

Brilliant, the $56.75 raised will be in Mr Gonzalez's account by the end of the week. Pleasure doing business!
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

OsellaFA1L

Post by OsellaFA1L »

Scott Bradley from the Bahamas is interested in a challenge class seat

He may or may not be a 43 year old English businessman who moved to avoid being tried for tax evasion, but hey, nobody needs to know that
RIP Jules Bianchi

Only Bernie could pay his way out of a bribery court case
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

OsellaFA1L wrote:Scott Bradley from the Bahamas is interested in a challenge class seat

He may or may not be a 43 year old English businessman who moved to avoid being tried for tax evasion, but hey, nobody needs to know that

The Mad Uncle knows a good business opportunity when he sees one, and is willing to sell him an (almost) brand new 2015 Zytek-Mini to enter in rounds 5, 7 and 8
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Would Mr Leon de Teodoro be interested in signing away his soul to Restov Racing? :P Bear in mind Restov is partially funded by state Russian monies; the Cubans are bound to be impressed by that :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Would Mr Leon de Teodoro be interested in signing away his soul to Restov Racing? :P Bear in mind Restov is partially funded by state Russian monies; the Cubans are bound to be impressed by that :P

De Teodoro is flattered by the interest shown by Restov Racing, but would like to focus on his racing right now. He'll make a decision during the Christmas break (i.e. after round 4), but it looks likely he'll sign to the team
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

The Plus One Group extend an offer to Josue Loyola to join our junior driver scheme.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

The Loyer Young Drivers Group is really interested in David Alamila. However, we won't make an offer until we so him racing.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

It's time to go racing at Marfield. The first round is at the 1 mile oval at the facility, and will be the support category for the F2RWRS.

2016-17 PDVSA 115 at Marfield

Qualifying

Between the two classes, 22 cars arrived for the first round of the new championship. Everyone knew they had to make a good first impression because many RWRS team owners were present for the PDVSA Twin 100s with several of them, most notably ZimSport's Pieter Kickert and Guillaume Gauthier, already making moves to secure some of the drivers for their junior programs. On track and it was PDVSA's Sofia Bonaventura (whose name roughly translates to Sofia of good fortune) taking top honours and the point for pole. Victoria Marcia Belmonte joined her on the front row for the Carlin-Tropico team, while row two was an all-Horizon affair for Alvaro Montero and Pietronella Addiks with the Starforce entry right behind them.

As far as the Challenge class was concerned, the two part-time entries of Royce Hewitt and Michael Darrell taking out top honours with times good enough for 9th and 10th overall, while Aurele Duval was 3rd in class and 13th overall on the grid. The two Cypher cars had a miserable showing as their two drivers complained bitterly about massive oversteer on their way to 21st and 22nd on the grid.

1. S. Bonaventura (PDVSA) - 23.528
2. V. Marcia Belmonte (Tropico) - +0.063
3. A. Montero (Horizon) - +0.255
4. P. Addiks (Horizion) - +0.257
5. L. de Teodoro (Starforce) - +0.257
6. M. Hortin (Horizon) - +0.268
7. E. Viteri (Silver Line) - +0.287
8. R. Herrero (Tropico) - +0.288
9. R. Hewitt (Kingston) - +0.296
10. M. Darrell (DRT) - +0.303

11. E. Armando (Silver Line) - +0.315
12. J. Loyola (Tropico) - +0.339
13. A. Duval (Hemogoblin) - +0.340
14. H. Santana (Horizon) - +0.386
15. A. Didac Puerta (PDVSA) - +0.386
16. M. Colon (Narvaez) - +0.459
17. D. Alamila (Panamax) - +0.471
18. A. Gonzalez (Gonzalez) - +0.504
19. T. Daviau (Daviau) - +0.525
20. R. Martinez (RafaSport) - +0.540
21. C. Lynn (Cypher) - +0.632
22. L. Keys (Cypher) - +0.727
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

pasta_maldonado wrote:The Plus One Group extend an offer to Josue Loyola to join our junior driver scheme.

Josue Loyola is pleased to be offered a spot at such a well-known program. He accepts immediately

Hermann95 wrote:The Loyer Young Drivers Group is really interested in David Alamila. However, we won't make an offer until we so him racing.

Alamila is appreciative of the offer, and knows the onus is on him to perform. However, if you do take up the offer by the end of this weekend, he'd like to get some funding to enter a Championship-level car for rounds 4 and 8 this year if at all possible.

Also, I've decided that being the overlord I am, Teodoro's decision will be moved forward to after this weekends' races are complete.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Astro would like to offer Victoria Marcia Belmonte the chance to become an Astro Racing Star.

EDIT: I should probably retract this offer for now, since I don't really have much space on the Astro program...
Last edited by Ataxia on 22 Apr 2014, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

ZombieKart is interested in signing Leon de Teodoro to our F3RWRS feeder program.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Why in Christ's name are Calinetic, the only Caribbean team in RWRS history, not included in this championship? :lol:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Wizzie wrote:
Hermann95 wrote:The Loyer Young Drivers Group is really interested in David Alamila. However, we won't make an offer until we so him racing.

Alamila is appreciative of the offer, and knows the onus is on him to perform. However, if you do take up the offer by the end of this weekend, he'd like to get some funding to enter a Championship-level car for rounds 4 and 8 this year if at all possible.

Will there be a rece before the end of this weekend? I would really like to see him in a race before i sign him up. Fundings shouldn't be a problem as we have some talented musicians in the team who'll have to play a bit on the street to get the fundings :D
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

No Carlos Marquez, the unnoticeable Cuban driver from LGPS? Well, he's not exactly a young talent... but he is very Carribean. His hobbies are tequila, latin dance and communism.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

AndreaModa wrote:Why in Christ's name are Calinetic, the only Caribbean team in RWRS history, not included in this championship? :lol:

On the basis that they were too closely aligned to ZimSport for them to run in an MRT-sponsored series :P
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:Why in Christ's name are Calinetic, the only Caribbean team in RWRS history, not included in this championship? :lol:

On the basis that they were too closely aligned to ZimSport for them to run in an MRT-sponsored series :P

Yeah, Calinetic were supposed in the series before Lappy vetoed it :(

Anyway, onto slightly more important stuff:

Race 1

In what was a relatively tame opening race of the series, the battle for the win quickly boiled down to the three cars of polesitter Sofia Bonaventura (whose name roughly translates to Sofia of Good Fortune, funnily enough), Pietronella Addiks and Starforce's Leon de Teodoro, with the second PDVSA car of Antonio Didac Puerta keeping a watching brief on the trio. Eventually, lapped traffic ended the battle in favour of de Teodoro with Addiks finishing close behind in second. In the challenge class, Royce Hewitt took out the first win of his part-time campaign from another part-timer in Michael Darrell and Angel Gonzalez, who had signed Jamaican Lemuel Bannock to a one-off drive later in the year just hours beforehand.

Despite the relatively sedate opening, several cars still hit trouble over the course of the race, with Josue Loyola and Eualia Viteri suffering various BMW engine failures, forcing the pair to start from the back for race 2. The third Tropico car of Victoria Marcia Belmonte didn't have it much better when the dashboard on her steering wheel failed, forcing her in for a new wheel, while Eduardo Armardo completed Silver Line's woeful first race by finding the turn 4 wall and needing a new front wing as a result. Mind you, they didn't have it as bad as the Cypher group, who had to pit both of their cars for various technical issues

1. L. de Teodoro (Starforce) - 38 LAPS (15m 39.314)
2. P. Addiks (Horizon) - +0.419
3. S. Bonaventura (PDVSA) - +1.616
4. A. Didac Puerta (PDVSA) - +3.254
5. H. Santana (Horizon) - +9.059
6. A. Montero (Horizon) - +9.876
7. M. Hortin (Horizon) - +10.419
8. R. Hewitt (Kingston) - +19.514
9. M. Darrell (DRT) - +20.360
10. A. Gonzalez (Gonzalez) - +22.586

11. R. Herrero (Tropico) - +22.663
12. A. Duval (Hemogoblin) - +24.099
13. R. Martinez (RafaSport) - +1 LAP
14. T. Daviau (Daviau) - +1 LAP
15. M. Colon (Navaez) - +1 LAP

16. V. Marcia Belmonte (Tropico) - +1 LAP (1 stop)
17. D. Alamila (Panamax) - +1 LAP
18. E. Armando (Silver Line) - +1 LAP (1 stop)
19. L. Keys (Cypher) - +2 LAPS (1 stop)
20. C. Lynn (Cypher) - +2 LAPS (1 stop)

DNF. E. Viteri (Silver Line) - Water Leak
DNF. J. Loyola (Tropico) - Engine

Fastest Lap: E. Armando - 23.501

Race 2

The first of two Sunday races started off at a frantic pace with the top two from race 1 disappearing off in the distance. Well, until they both had to disappear into pit lane with a puncture for Addiks and an electrical gremlin for Teodoro as the teams continue to iron out the bugs in their new machinery. With PDVSA's Bonaventura also running out of good fortune with a problem of her own, this left her teammate Antonio Didac Puerta to pick up the pieces to take the victory from the Horizon of Herberto 'Hipolito' Santana.

The problems for many of the championship class contenders meant the two challenge competitors of Michael Darrell and Royce Hewitt found themselves in a massive scrap for third place overall, which Darrell eventually won out to take the challenge class victory. From the back row of the grid, Josue Loyola put in an inspired effort to finish sixth, while after her stop, Addiks carved her way through the field to get her lap back and claim the final point for 10th place after Lindon Keys' transmission let go in the Cypher car at the start of the final lap. Another to hit trouble was Viteri in the second Silver Line car, who spun on her own after making some early headway through the Challenge class cars, and ended up being a non-classified finisher several laps down.

1. A. Didac Puerta (PDVSA) - 38 LAPS (15m 46.164)
2. H. Santana (Horizon) - +3.230
3. M. Darrell (DRT) - +5.135
4. R. Hewitt (Kingston) - +5.675

5. M. Hortin (Horizon) - +7.085
6. J. Loyola (Tropico) - +7.562
7. E. Armando (Silver Line) - +11.829
8. V. Marcia Belmonte (Tropico) - +12.874
9. A. Gonzalez (Gonzalez) - +16.788
10. P. Addiks (Horizon) - +18.452 (1 stop)
11. D. Alamila (Panamax) - +18.909
12. L. de Teodoro (Starforce - +20.663 (1 stop)
13. M. Colon (Narvaez) - +21.980
14. S. Bonaventura - (PDVSA) - +22.165 (1 stop)
15. C. Lynn (Cypher) - +23.968
16. L. Keys (Cypher) - +25.116 (Transmission)
17. T. Daviau (Daviau) - +1 LAP
18. A. Duval (Hemogoblin) - +1 LAP

19. R. Herrero (Tropico) - +1 LAP (1 stop)
NC. E. Viteri (Silver Line)
DNF. A. Montero (Horizon) - Suspension
DNF. R. Martinez (RafaSport) - Electrical

Fastest Lap: L. de Teodoro - 23.740

Race 3

With the grid for race 3 set by race 2 results, many were expecting fireworks for the final race of the weekend thanks to several of the championship runners being buried well down the field. They were not disappointed as from the start, several of them, most notably Addiks, Teodoro and Bonaventura, made it known that they were heading for the front in a big hurry. The frantic jostling for position as a result while the field tried to find its natural order claimed a first victim in Miguel Colon, as the Narvaez car got tipped into a spin by David Alamila as the two battled for challenge class points.

Ironically, Colon's spin probably saved him from the carnage that unfolded a few laps later when a seven car pileup (which on further inspection looked like two separate accidents which just happened to be at the same point of the track at the same time) decimated the field. The first incident involved Silver Line's Eduardo Armando losing the back end of his car through turns 1 and 2, causing him to slide into the path of Michael Darrell and Leon de Teodoro. Both Darrell and Teodoro were out on the spot, but not before the now terminally damaged Starforce car sideswiped the PDVSA machine of Sofia Bonaventura, eliminating her from the race as well. Further back, Victoria Marcia Belmonte saw the carnage unfolding up ahead and tried to go to the highside to avoid it. Instead, she found the challenge class runners of Alamila and Angel Gonzalez, sending the Nicaraguan heavily into the turn 2 wall, damaging the car so greatly it looks unlikely he'll be making the trip to Trinidad next weekend. Belmonte and Alamila were able to continue undamaged, albeit at the back of the field, while Armando came in for a new front wing. His afternoon ended a few laps later with a puncture from all the debris on track.

The top 3 of Herberto Santana, Antonio Didac Puerta and Royce Hewitt were ahead of all the chaos when it unfolded, but behind them, Pietronella Addiks found herself 4th with the likes of Tropico's Josue Loyola and Renato Herrero, Aurele Duval, Thomas Daviau and the two Cypher cars fighting for major points finishes. Not that the two Cypher cars lasted much longer mind you, as Clive Lynn was tapped into a spin at turns 3 and 4 by the Horizon of Alvaro Montero, sending him straight into the path of teammate Keys and Herrero, putting both Cypher cars out of the race, and forcing both Montero and Herrero in for damage repair.

After that point, the top four of Santana, Puerta, Hewitt and Addiks went to town on the rest of the field, and disappeared up the road to battle amongst themselves through the traffic. While Hewitt put in a heroic drive against the superior championship cars, he eventually only finished 3rd behind Santana and Puerta, but just managed to stay ahead of Addiks. Loyola and Belmonte eventually claimed 5th and 6th on the basis they were the only remaining championship runners to not hit trouble, while Eualia Viteri was on track to score points in 7th until the Silver Line's engine blew up in a big way on the penultimate lap. This left Aurele Duval and Thomas Daviau to finish 7th and 8th, rounding out the challenge podium in the process, ahead of Colon and Alamila who were the remaining points scorers.

1. H. Santana (Horizon) - 38 LAPS (15m 42.974)
2. A. Didac Puerta (PDVSA) - +2.621
3. R. Hewitt (Kingston) - +6.135
4. P. Addiks (Horizon) - +6.147
5. J. Loyola (Tropico) - +11.090
6. V. Marcia Belmonte (Tropico) - +14.850
7. A. Duval (Hemogoblin) - +1 LAP
8. T. Daviau (Daviau) - +1 LAP
9. M. Colon (Narvaez) - +1 LAP
10. D. Alamila (Panamax) - +1 LAP
11. R. Martinez (RafaSport) - +1 LAP

12. E. Viteri (Silver Line) - +2 LAPS (Engine)
13. R. Herrero (Tropico) - +2 LAPS (1 stop)
14. A. Montero (Horizon) - +2 LAPS (1 stop)
DNF. M. Hortin (Horizon) - Suspension
DNF. C. Lynn (Cypher) - Collision
DNF. L. Keys (Cypher) - Collision

DNF. E. Armando (Silver Line) - Puncture (1 stop)
DNF. L. de Teodoro (Starforce) - Collision
DNF. S. Bonaventura (PDVSA) - Collision
DNF. M. Darrell (DRT) - Collision
DNF. A. Gonzalez (Gonzalez) - Collision

Fastest Lap: R. Hewitt - 23.937
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Voeckler registers their interest in taking Bonaventura.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Is de Teodoro already sign with someone? If not, we would like to sign him.
With regards to Alamila: he isn't really as good as we hoped and signing a 2nd class caribean driver is not our target at all. We will still wait until the end of the weekend with our decision.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

The Hunter Autosport driver programme would be intrested in signing Royce Hewitt after seeing his performance we feel he has potential and we will be quite happy to bankroll his career
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Hermann95 wrote:Is de Teodoro already sign with someone? If not, we would like to sign him.
With regards to Alamila: he isn't really as good as we hoped and signing a 2nd class caribean driver is not our target at all. We will still wait until the end of the weekend with our decision.

I'm fairly certain myself and Tristan both declared our interest in de Teodoro before the first race was run.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Wizzie wrote:
the Masked Lapwing wrote:

Yeah, Calinetic were supposed in the series before Lappy vetoed it :(

Boo! Hiss!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
Hermann95 wrote:Is de Teodoro already sign with someone? If not, we would like to sign him.

I'm fairly certain myself and Tristan both declared our interest in de Teodoro before the first race was run.

No problem. :)
We will keep our eyes open for talents.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Hermann95 wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:

Because takagi_ftw declared interest first, we will withdraw our claim on de Teodoro and submit a claim for Herberto Santana instead.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Biscione wrote:Voeckler registers their interest in taking Bonaventura.

Bonaventura is happy to sign with the Voeckler Group. As an added bonus, she of good fortune comes with PDVSA backing to help fund her career in the junior ranks.

peteroli34 wrote:The Hunter Autosport driver programme would be intrested in signing Royce Hewitt after seeing his performance we feel he has potential and we will be quite happy to bankroll his career

Hewitt is happy to sign with Hunter Autosport for the foreseeable future. However, having only started his racing career earlier this year as a hobby and is only doing a part-time campaign this year, he feels that he'd need a full season in the Caribbean Racing League in 2017-18 (Preferably in a Championship Class car) before he can consider any move to Europe.

tristan1117 wrote:
Hermann95 wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:I'm fairly certain myself and Tristan both declared our interest in de Teodoro before the first race was run.

Because takagi_ftw declared interest first, we will withdraw our claim on de Teodoro and submit a claim for Herberto Santana instead.

I was gonna run an RNG for it, but with ZombieKart's withdrawal, Leon de Teodoro will sign for the Restov program. Herberto Santana is thrilled to be next in line for the ZombieKart gig, and signs for them instead.

This wrote:No Carlos Marquez, the unnoticeable Cuban driver from LGPS? Well, he's not exactly a young talent... but he is very Carribean. His hobbies are tequila, latin dance and communism.

Being very Caribbean, Marquez is free to buy a challenge-class car and enter the series. However, he won't get a full-time entry this year as the grid's already been set for most events.

Anyway, here's the entry list changes between rounds 1 and 2, as dictated by my deranged imagination:

- With Tropico/Carlin entering three cars for the two Tropican rounds only, it left a spot open in the championship class for the other races. With Loyer withdrawing their offer for David Alamila, this left the door open for Starforce Engineering to enter a second car for Tobago paydriver Roger Gabrielson for the next two races and the Panama event. US Virgin Islands resident Murphy Dean will take over the 66 for the events in between

-While Michael Darrell was reconsidering his decision on not entering the next two weekends, the damage on his car after the pileup in race 3 at the Marfield Mile made the decision for him, and will thus sit out the next two races. Despite being the Challenge class leader after one weekend, Royce Hewitt has also decided not to enter the next two weekends, stating that he doesn't want to risk damaging his only car before the next big event in San Juan. As a result, business partners Bernhard Hummel from Curacao and Sint Marteen's Freek Aaldenberg have decided to indulge in their passion for racing and have entered two cars for the next two races under the Nederlandse Antillen Wedren banner.

Oh and finally, Rafa Martinez is off-limits to everyone, as the plan is he'll become the Aaron McGill of the category and hang around for 15 years or so :P
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Wizzie wrote:
This wrote:No Carlos Marquez, the unnoticeable Cuban driver from LGPS? Well, he's not exactly a young talent... but he is very Carribean. His hobbies are tequila, latin dance and communism.

Being very Caribbean, Marquez is free to buy a challenge-class car and enter the series. However, he won't get a full-time entry this year as the grid's already been set for most events.

Both the ideas of 'buying' and 'part-time entry' are too capitalist for him! So i guess instead he should become the safety-car driver.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

This wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

Both the ideas of 'buying' and 'part-time entry' are too capitalist for him! So i guess instead he should become the safety-car driver.

A noble man and symbol of Communism indeed. He will indeed become the Safety Car driver, where his job basically consists of all the Tequila and Latin Dancing he can ever want :P
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Which leads me to another important life question, do we know, besides the LGPS, the identity of the safety car drivers in other canon-series?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

This wrote:Which leads me to another important life question, do we know, besides the LGPS, the identity of the safety car drivers in other canon-series?

I think Thomas Nurmester's the safety car driver in IFRC, but don't take my word for it.

Anyway, the MRT Group will claim Antonio Didac Puerta as part of our program (I mean, this is the Mad Uncle's Academy after all :P ) as well as part-timer Michael Darrell. For everyone's reference, they are allowed to claim up to one full-time driver and one part-time driver per season. However, it is recommended that the part-time driver spend a second year in the CRL before they are moved up, because, you know, getting #rekd by the F3 or AR2.0 stats generator isn't the best idea if you move them up too early :P

Now, onwards to weekend 2 in Trinidad:

Qualifying

As the second-shortest circuit on the calender, many were expecting a relatively close qualifying session, and they were not disappointed with the top 20 covered by just over two seconds. After a relatively poor showing in Tropico, it was Victoria Marcia Belmonte claiming the pole from Leon de Teodoro and Pietronella Addiks. In the challenge class, Miguel Colon put in a scorching lap to go 7th overall and challenge class pole ahead of Lindon Keys in 9th overall and newcomer Bernhard Hummel in 11th. On the flip side of the coin, championship leaders Antonio Didac Puerta and Herberto Santana were having a torrid time adjusting to the new facility in 18th and 17th overall, while Thomas Daviau also had balance issues of his own on his way to a lonely 21st on the grid.

1. V. Marcia Belmonte (Tropico) - 1:03.810
2. L. de Teodoro (Starforce) - +0.105
3. P. Addiks (Horizion) - +0.385
4. S. Bonaventura (PDVSA) - +0.593
5. A. Montero (Horizon) - +0.658
6. M. Hortin (Horizon) - +0.699
7. M. Colon (Narvaez) - +0.733
8. R. Gabrielson (Starforce) - +0.845
9. L. Keys (Cypher) - +1.084
10. E. Armando (Silver Line) - +1.191
11. B. Hummel (Nederlandse) - +1.238
12. E. Viteri (Silver Line) - +1.313
13. A. Gonzalez (Gonzalez) - +1.441
14. J. Loyola (Tropico) - +1.510
15. A. Duval (Hemogoblin) - +1.561
16. D. Alamila (Panamax) - +1.712

17. H. Santana (Horizon) - +1.779
18. A. Didac Puerta (PDVSA) - +1.957
19. C. Lynn (Cypher) - +1.994
20. R. Martinez (RafaSport) - +2.015
21. T. Daviau (Daviau) - +2.854
22. F. Aaldenberg (Nederlandse) - +3.027
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Wizzie wrote:
This wrote:Which leads me to another important life question, do we know, besides the LGPS, the identity of the safety car drivers in other canon-series?

I think Thomas Nurmester's the safety car driver in IFRC, but don't take my word for it.

Nah, it's Nathan - hence my comments one time in the chat where I said he has to be hitting the bottle hard wondering why some of the muppets there have a career and he doesn't. :P
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Salamander wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

Nah, it's Nathan - hence my comments one time in the chat where I said he has to be hitting the bottle hard wondering why some of the muppets there have a career and he doesn't. :P

Nathan it is indeed - which makes it all the more funnier considering how often he crashed in RTCC and the 2015 Aston 24 Hours. :lol:
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Race 1

Race 1 was a story of one man, and that man was Leon de Teodoro. The Cuban rounded up polesitter Victoria Marcia Belmonte off the start and simply disappeared off into the distance after that point as the Tropican resorted to holding off many of the other championship class runners for a potential podium, but eventually faded away to 7th as she gradually bled away spots to the cars behind. Miguel Colon was doing a similar gatekeeper job in the lead of the challenge class in the closing stages, trying desperately to hold off the likes of the disappointing Herberto Santana, Bernhard Hummel, Rafa Martinez and the two Cypher cars on a track where passing was doable but difficult. This led to frantic scrambling for the final three points positions before Lindon Keys ended up in the turn one gravel trap almost as soon as he got past the Puerto Rican, handing him the final point. Finally, a note for Peitronella Addiks, who was probably the only driver who had the pace to match Teodoro before having to pit for an electrical problem, while the two Silver Line cars made a note of spending more time off-track than on it.

1. L. de Teodoro (Starforce) - 21 LAPS (23m 04.733)
2. S. Bonaventura (PDVSA) - +19.728
3. M. Hortin (Horizon) - +25.285
4. J. Loyola (Tropico) - +25.460
5. A. Didac Puerta (PDVSA) - +25.853
6. A. Montero (Horizon) - +27.424
7. V. Marcia Belmonte (Tropico) - +36.695
8. H. Santana (Horizon) - +40.928
9. B. Hummel (Nederlandse) - +48.565
10. M. Colon (Navaez) - +55.644
11. C. Lynn (Cypher) - +56.434
12. R. Martinez (RafaSport) - +56.434
13. T. Daviau (Daviau) - +1:02.449

14. P. Addiks (Horizon) - +1 LAP (1 stop)
15. F. Aaldenberg (Nederlandse) - +1 LAP
16. L. Keys (Cypher) - +1 LAP

17. E. Armando (Silver Line) - +2 LAPS
DNF. E. Viteri (Silver Line) - Spun
DNF. R. Gabrielson (Starforce) - Suspension
DNF. A. Duval (Hemogoblin) - Puncture
DNF. D. Alamila (Panamax) - Spun
DNF. A. Gonzalez (Gonzalez) - Water Leak

Fastest Lap: L. de Teodoro - 1:04.710

Race 2

The weather closed in on Essington for Sunday, but it did little to phase Leon de Teodoro, as the Cuban disappeared up the road to take his second win of the weekend in a commanding lights-to-flag performance. Behind him, the battle for the minor places boiled down to between Sofia Bonaventura, Marlin Hortin and Antonio Didac Puerta after the Trinidad native jumped into 2nd off the start. Eventually, Bonaventura slid past in the slippery conditions to claim the position with Hortin just holding on from Bonaventura's PDVSA teammate. The other three Horizon cars locked out positions 4 through 6 with the help of problems for Victoria Marcia Belmonte as well as a mid-race collision between Jouse Loyola and the second Starforce car of Roger Gabrielson. Several other key runners including Eduardo Armando, Miguel Colon and David Alamilla encountered various issues over the course of the race which altered the final results.

1. L. de Teodoro (Starforce) - 21 LAPS (25m 34.261)
2. S. Bonaventura (PDVSA) - +22.666
3. M. Hortin (Horizon) - +25.092
4. A. Didac Puerta (PDVSA) - +25.309
5. H. Santana (Horizon) - +33.092
6. P. Addiks (Horizon) - +33.364
7. A. Montero (Horizon) - +35.910
8. E. Viteri (Silver Line) - +43.496
9. B. Hummel (Nederlandse) - +53.025
10. A. Duval (Hemogoblin) - +1:09.624

11. V. Marcia Belmonte (Tropico) - +4:35.153
12. D. Alamila (Panamax) - +1 LAP (Electrical)*
13. A. Gonzalez (Gonzalez) - +1 LAP

14. E. Armando (Silver Line) - +1 LAP (1 stop)
15. R. Gabrielson (Starforce) - +1 LAP (1 stop)
16. L. Keys (Cypher) - +1 LAP (1 stop)
17. T. Daviau (Daviau) - +1 LAP
DNF. M. Colon (Navaez) - Loose Wheel
DNF. C. Lynn (Cypher) - Suspension

DNF. J. Loyola (Tropico) - Collision
DNF. F. Aaldenberg (Nederlandse) - Spin
DNF. R. Martinez (RafaSport) - Spin

Fastest Lap: L. de Teodoro - 1:12.178

Race 3

It almost seemed like sheer dumb luck would be the only thing that'd stop Leon de Teodoro from taking a clean sweep of all three races, and that was exactly what happened to the lead Starforce when one of his Hankook tyres decided he was not the chosen one and promptly exploded. The stop shoved him to the tail of the lead lap, where he promptly spent the rest of the race trying to clear the challenge class cars of Freek Aaldenberg and Rafa Martinez on his way to 11th place. With Sofia Bonaventura having a water leak of her own, it was down to Herberto Santana and Antonio Didac Puerta to duke it out for the win, which ended in favour of the Horizon driver. Marlin Hortin took his third podium of the weekend in third ahead of teammates Pietronella Addiks and Alvaro Montero. Bernhard Hummel completed his clean-sweep of the weekend in the challenge class with a fine 7th place, while the two Cypher cars of Lindon Keys and Clive Lynn had easily their best run of the year so far to finish 8th and 9th.

1. H. Santana (Horizon) - 21 LAPS (25m 46.378)
2. A. Didac Puerta (PDVSA) - +1.126
3. M. Hortin (Horizon) - +7.926
4. P. Addiks (Horizon) - +8.933
5. A. Montero (Horizon) - +20.316
6. V. Marcia Belmonte (Tropico) - +23.309
7. B. Hummel (Nederlandse) - +33.863
8. L. Keys (Cypher) - +44.651
9. C. Lynn (Cypher) - +45.278
10. R. Martinez (RafaSport) - +55.168

11. L. de Teodoro (Starforce) - +55.360 (1 stop)
12. F. Aaldenberg (Nederlandse) - +1:00.532
13. D. Alamila (Panamax) - +1 LAP* (Spun)
14. M. Colon (Navaez) - +1 LAP (1 stop)

15. R. Gabrielson (Starforce) - +1 LAP
16. A. Duval (Hemogoblin) - +2 LAPS
DNF. A. Gonzalez (Gonzalez) - Spin

DNF. E. Viteri (Silver Line) - Transmission
DNF. E. Armando (Silver Line) - Spin
DNF. T. Daviau (Daviau) - Suspension
DNF. S. Bonaventura (PDVSA) - Water Leak

Fastest Lap: A. Didac Puerta - 1:11.958
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

To continue the irrelevant and mindless fun, we've moved on to round 3 at Aruba Motorsport Park:

Qualifying

On a track that was already proving to be a favourite with the drivers, Leon de Teodoro continued to strengthen his grip on the CRL with his first pole from qualifying ahead of Tropico's Victoria Marcia Belmonte. Behind them, Eduardo Armando put in a season-best performance to put the Silver Line car in 3rd ahead of hometown hero Pietronella Addiks while Lindon Keys put in a blinding lap to haul the Cypher machine into 7th overall and a clear challenge class pole.

1. L. de Teodoro (Starforce) - 1:24.538
2. V. Marcia Belmonte (Tropico) - +0.266
3. E. Armando (Silver Line) - +0.461
4. P. Addiks (Horizion) - +0.896
5. S. Bonaventura (PDVSA) - +0.982
6. A. Montero (Horizon) - +1.023
7. L. Keys (Cypher) - +1.175
8. M. Hortin (Horizon) - +1.273
9. R. Gabrielson (Starforce) - +1.347
10. A. Didac Puerta (PDVSA) - +1.477
11. J. Loyola (Tropico) - +1.841
12. M. Colon (Narvaez) - +1.893
13. A. Duval (Hemogoblin) - +1.895
14. B. Hummel (Nederlandse) - +1.931

15. H. Santana (Horizon) - +1.938
16. E. Viteri (Silver Line) - +1.959
17. C. Lynn (Cypher) - +2.043
18. A. Gonzalez (Gonzalez) - +2.072
19. D. Alamila (Panamax) - +2.109
20. R. Martinez (RafaSport) - +2.115
21. T. Daviau (Daviau) - +2.822
22. F. Aaldenberg (Nederlandse) - +3.405

Race 1

The weather came out to play in race 1, as the track started out damp with all the drivers on slicks. After a few laps however, half the field decided that going to wets was the only option. This lead to a 10 minute cycle where drivers on wets like Belmonte and Sofia Bonaventura were comfortably the fastest cars on track, until it turned out they were burning the wets like no tomorrow in the process which necessitated another stop to go back to slicks. Starforce and Horizon had elected to leave Teodoro and Addiks out, and were dutifully rewarded with the easiest first and second places results one could possibly hope to achieve, but it was the challenge class cars behind them that really benefited. After the first round of stops, Aurele Duval, Miguel Colon and Clive Lynn suddenly found themselves scrapping for 4th place overall, which soon became 3rd overall when Josue Loyola's engine blew up in spectacular fashion. Colon tried to bravely hold on, but eventually Lynn and Duval were too strong to take 3rd and 4th from the Puerto Rican. Behind them, Bernhard Hummel and Thomas Daviau found themselves in their own scrap for sixth and seventh, with the Curaco native holding out by the end ahead of Belmonte, Bonaventure and Marlin Hortin who rounded out the points.

1. L. de Teodoro (Starforce) - 15 LAPS (23m 44.848)
2. P. Addiks (Horizon) - +13.886
3. C. Lynn (Cypher) - +34.209
4. A. Duval (Hemogoblin) - +35.857
5. M. Colon (Navaez) - +41.317
6. B. Hummel (Nederlandse) - +48.226
7. T. Daviau (Daviau) - +49.992

8. V. Marcia Belmonte (Tropico) - +1:26.643 (2 stops)
9. S. Bonaventura (PDVSA) - +1 LAP (2 stops)
10. M. Hortin (Horizon) - +1 LAP (2 stops)
11. L. Keys (Cypher) - +1 LAP (2 stops)
12. R. Gabrielson (Starforce) - +1 LAP (2 stops)
13. R. Martinez (RafaSport) - +1 LAP (2 stops)
14. F. Aaldenberg (Nederlandse) - +1 LAP (2 stops)

DNF. A. Montero (Horizon) - Accident
DNF. E. Viteri (Silver Line) - Transmission (1 stop)
DNF. D. Alamila (Panamax) - Puncture (1 stop)
DNF. A. Didac Puerta (PDVSA) - Collision
DNF. E. Armando (Silver Line) - Collision
DNF. A. Gonzalez (Gonzalez) - Oil Leak
DNF. H. Santana (Horizon) - Accident

Fastest Lap: V. Marcia Belmonte - 1:31.061

Race 2

It was a new day and a jumbled-up grid promised much excitement and action for race two of three for the weekend. The fans were not to be disappointed, as the championship freight train of doom spearheaded by Bonaventura and Belmonte mowed their way through the challenge class runner to fight their way to 3rd on the road behind Teodoro and Addiks after half-distance. And then Teodoro's bad luck kicked in again when he was forced to pit for a puncture, sending him right to the back of the field, where he was soon joined by Antonio Didac Puerta when he had a spin of his own. This left Addiks alone to claim her first win from Bonaventura and Belmonte, with Josue Loyola and Roger Gabrielson claiming season-best results in 4th and 5th. Aurele Duval managed to hold on from some of the championship runners, which allowed him to claim 8th overall and the challenge class win for race 2.

1. P. Addiks (Horizon) - 15 LAPS (21m 50.526)
2. S. Bonaventura (PDVSA) - +7.640
3. V. Marcia Belmonte (Tropico) - +12.769
4. J. Loyola (Tropico) - +16.954
5. R. Gabrielson (Starforce) - +21.800
6. E. Armando (Silver Line) - +23.702
7. M. Hortin (Horizon) - +24.277
8. A. Duval (Hemogoblin) - +25.465
9. H. Santana (Horizon) - +27.242
10. A. Montero (Horizon) - +30.353
11. E. Viteri (Silver Line) - +30.717
12. M. Colon (Navaez) - +36.510
13. L. Keys (Cypher) - +38.030
14. R. Martinez (RafaSport) - +41.927
15. A. Gonzalez (Gonzalez) - +44.290
16. D. Alamila (Panamax) - +45.658
17. F. Aaldenberg (Nederlandse) - +52.708

18. A. Didac Puerta (PDVSA) - +57.531
19. L. de Teodoro (Starforce) - +1:07.649 (1 stop)
DNF. T. Daviau (Daviau) - Engine
DNF. B. Hummel (Nederlandse) - Engine
DNF. C. Lynn (Cypher) - Transmission

Fastest Lap: L. de Teodoro - 1:24.803

Race 3

Compared to race 2, the third and final race of the weekend was fairly tame, but it still had its fair share of action, much of which was provided by Puerta and Teodoro from their lowly starting positions. However, that didn't stop a monster battle up front for the overall victory, as Bonaventura got the jump off the line from Addiks. The Aruban quickly found her way back past however as the PDVSA driver slowly fell away to 5th by race end, with Belmonte, Armando and Loyola giving chase to Addiks. Armando initially found his way into second place, before Belmonte and Loyola rounded him up, but Josue wasn't done there as he eventually found a way past both Belmonte and Addiks to claim his first CRL win. Further back, both Puerta and Teodoro managed to navigate their way through the field into 8th and 10th respectively, while Cypher put in a solid effort to claim a 1-2 in the challenge class with Keys leading Lynn home.

1. J. Loyola (Tropico) - 15 LAPS (21m 49.178)
2. P. Addiks (Horizon) - +1.324
3. V. Marcia Belmonte (Tropico) - +2.800
4. E. Armando (Silver Line) - +4.522
5. S. Bonaventura (PDVSA) - +7.014
6. H. Santana (Horizon) - +8.619
7. M. Hortin (Horizon) - +12.617
8. A. Didac Puerta (PDVSA) - +14.809
9. R. Gabrielson (Starforce) - +19.090
10. L. de Teodoro (Starforce) - +19.481
11. A. Montero (Horizon) - +21.251
12. L. Keys (Cypher) - +28.060
13. C. Lynn (Cypher) - +30.670
14. A. Duval (Hemogoblin) - +38.816
15. M. Colon (Navaez) - +39.397
16. B. Hummel (Nederlandse) - +39.698
17. D. Alamila (Panamax) - +42.661
18. T. Daviau (Daviau) - +46.275
19. R. Martinez (RafaSport) - +48.230
20. F. Aaldenberg (Nederlandse) - +50.461
21. A. Gonzalez (Gonzalez) - +52.472

DNF. E. Viteri (Silver Line) - Engine

Fastest Lap: A. Didac Puerta - 1:26.006

As a final note, unless I am mistaken, race 2 of the CRL is the first time anywhere in the canon where we've had an all-female podium.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

For round 4 of the CRL, the following changes have been made to the entry list:

1. The two Nederlandse cars have used up their quota of entries for this year, and thus will not be back until next year (rumours are floating around that Hummel might race a single entry in an expanded campaign for the 2017-18 season). In their place, the two challenge class heroes from Tropico, Michael Darrell and Royce Hewitt, will make their return for this round, and the three rounds after that.
2. As planned, Thomas Daviau has gone back to Martinique to focus on his education, and won't return until the season finale at Tropico. With an entry spot opening and this being their home race, Narvaez took full advantage to enter a second car for San Juan native Tulio Franco with the assistance of Al Smith Racing Enterprises in the #17.
3. Since Roger Gabrielson could only afford to enter three events in the part-time Starforce car, there came a need for a second paydriver to fill the four events in-between. Enter US Virgin Islands resident Dean Murphy, who got money from potentially questionable sources to buy the ride for the next four races alongside 'Castro's favourite servant' Leon de Teodoro.

With that out of the way, time for the irrelevance to continue:

Qualifying

With rain predicted to be on-off all weekend, it was a race event that was gonna reward the brave and whoever could adapt to the changes best. In both regards, Starforce put on a clinic with lead driver Teodoro taking pole from teammate Murphy. Eduardo Armando was the closest to toppling the leading duo by qualifying 3rd in Silver Line's best performance all year with Sofia Bonaventura joining him on the second row. Despite their rustiness, Michael Darrell and Royce Hewitt continued where they left off at Tropico by putting their older, less powerful challenge class cars into first and third in class, and top 10 on the grid overall with the ever-improving Lindon Keys putting the Cypher between them in 8th position.

1. L. de Teodoro (Starforce) - 1:51.605
2. D. Murphy (Starforce) - +0.426
3. E. Armando (Silver Line) - +1.018
4. S. Bonaventura (PDVSA) - +1.197
5. P. Addiks (Horizon) - +1.304
6. M. Hortin (Horizon) - +1.610
7. M. Darrell (DRT) - +1.661
8. L. Keys (Cypher) - +1.809
9. V. Marcia Belmonte (Tropico) - +1.884
10. R. Hewitt (Kingston) - +1.988
11. A. Montero (Horizon) - +2.074
12. E. Viteri (Silver Line) - +2.149
13. A. Gonzalez (Gonzalez) - +2.624
14. M. Colon (Narvaez) - +2.749

15. A. Didac Puerta (PDVSA) - +2.865
16. J. Loyola (Tropico) - +2.871
17. R. Martinez (RafaSport) - +2.982
18. D. Alamila (Panamax) - +3.110
19. T. Franco (Narvaez) - +3.435
20. A. Duval (Hemogoblin) - +3.655

21. H. Santana (Horizon) - +3.780
22. C. Lynn (Cypher) - +3.804

Race 1

On a track that was rapidly drying after qualifying, Dean Murphy got the jump on Teodoro off the start, and from there the two Starforce cars simply skipped away into the distance. Well, until Teodoro's car broke down yet again, promoting Bonaventura to second place, and the two lead Horizon cars of Marlin Hortin and championship leader Pietronella Addiks to battle of the final podium spot. Hortin eventually held on for his 4th podium of the year, but 10 points was still enough for Addiks to build on her championship lead. In the challenge class, Royce Hewitt hit back at Darrell after being beaten in qualifying, as he finished 5th overall and taking the challenge class win from his nearest rival, while Lindon Keys' fantastic qualifying showing was all for naught as he got punted into a wall by a championship class runner in the early going.

1. D. Murphy (Starforce) - 16 LAPS (26m 57.536s)
2. S. Bonaventura (PDVSA) - +14.946
3. M. Hortin (Horizon) - +16.013
4. P. Addiks (Horizon) - +17.084
5. R. Hewitt (Kingston) - +25.823
6. E. Viteri (Silver Line) - +31.184
7. M. Darrell (DRT) - +38.554
8. A. Montero (Horizon) - +39.261
9. V. Marcia Belmonte (Tropico) - +40.036
10. A. Didac Puerta (PDVSA) - +40.384
11. A. Gonzalez (Gonzalez) - +1:06.066
12. M. Colon (Narvaez) - +1:07.827

13. H. Santana (Horizon) - +1:08.278
14. A. Duval (Hemogoblin) - +1:09.280
15. C. Lynn (Cypher) - +1:09.580
16. T. Franco (Narvaez) - +1:11.514

17. J. Loyola (Tropico) - +2 LAPS (Transmission)
DNF. L. de Teodoro (Starforce) - Water Leak
DNF. R. Martinez (RafaSport) - Loose Wheel
DNF. E. Armando (Silver Line) - Engine
DNF. D. Alamila (Panamax) - Suspension

Fastest Lap: D. Murphy - 1:39.745

Race 2

Sunday was a new day for the CRL, but the weather theme continued to take hold as a mid-race thunderstorm threatened to derail the race entirely. What the storm did do however was derail the races of several key championship class runners during the mad dash to switch from the Hankook slicks to wet tyres, as Sofia Bonaventura and Victoria Marcia Belmonte collided in pit lane, while Tropico-Carlin's misery was further compounded by the utter shambles that was Josue Loyola's pitstop. Amongst the chaos though, Pablo da Silva's two drivers Eualia Viteri and Eduardo Armando were thrown right into contention for major points, and Michael Darrell suddenly found himself in a podium position, before championship leader Addiks eventually found her way past.

The one thing that did remain constant however was Dean Murphy's stranglehold of position 1 at San Juan, taking a second comfortable win ahead of Viteri and Addiks. Michael Darrell scraped home in 4th place to take the challenge class win ahead of two more Horizon drivers in the form of Herberto Santana and Marlin Horton, as rumours of Darrell being a Horizon CRL driver next year start to intensify. After his race one retirement, Leon de Teodoro made little progress through the field in conditions that should have theoretically suited him, eventually netting a pointless 12th place finish on a track where passing was quickly proving to be notoriously difficult.

1. D. Murphy (Starforce) - 16 LAPS (30m 04.364s) (1 stop)
2. E. Viteri (Silver Line) - +15.563 (1 stop)
3. P. Addiks (Horizon) - +24.133 (1 stop)
4. M. Darrell (DRT) - +33.126 (1 stop)
5. H. Santana (Horizon) - +33.559 (1 stop)
6. M. Hortin (Horizon) - +34.636 (1 stop)
7. E. Armando (Silver Line) - +35.113 (1 stop)
8. R. Hewitt (Kingston) - +53.806 (1 stop)
9. A. Didac Puerta (PDVSA) - +55.210 (1 stop)
10. M. Colon (Narvaez) - +56.297 (1 stop)
11. D. Alamila (Panamax) - +1:22.909 (1 stop)

12. L. de Teodoro (Starforce) - +1:27.627 (1 stop)
13. A. Montero (Horizon) - +1:31.885 (1 stop)
14. L. Keys (Cypher) - +1:36.330 (1 stop)
15. T. Franco (Narvaez) - +1:41.314 (1 stop)
16. A. Duval (Hemogoblin) - +1 LAP (1 stop)
17. R. Martinez (RafaSport) - +1 LAP (1 stop)

18. S. Bonaventura (PDVSA) - +1 LAP (1 stop)
19. V. Marcia Belmonte (Tropico) - +1 LAP (1 stop)
20. A. Gonzalez (Gonzalez) - +1 LAP (1 stop)
21. J. Loyola (Tropico) - +1 LAP (1 stop)
DNF. C. Lynn (Cypher) - Transmission

Fastest Lap: D. Murphy - 1:40.243

Race 3

Much has been said of the struggles of Silver Line Racing this year in their first year of competition outside their native Brazil and F3 Sudamerica, but through the rain and the spray, they found their silver lining as a determined Eualia Viteri divebombed the rookie Dean Murphy into turn 1 off the start and went straight to the lead of the race. Despite race-long pressure from both Murphy and Pietronella Addiks, the Colombian held on score her first win in the CRL and the first win for the entire Silver Line organisation just hours after taking their first podium. Behind the leading trio of Viteri, Murphy and Pietronella, Marlin Hortin managed to round up the leading challenge class entry of Michael Darrell to nab 4th place ahead of the Bahamas native, while Antonio Didac Puerta put in a solid drive to climb from 9th on the grid all the way to 6th by race end. Another who put in a solid drive was Miguel Colon, who spent all race defending 10th place from the like Teodoro before his engine blew again, Lindon Keys and Josue Loyola to score his second points finish of the day at home in San Juan

1. E. Viteri (Silver Line) - 16 LAPS (29m 39.768s)
2. D. Murphy (Starforce) - +0.502
3. P. Addiks (Horizon) - +1.791
4. M. Hortin (Horizon) - +11.846
5. M. Darrell (DRT) - +16.104
6. A. Didac Puerta (PDVSA) - +16.642
7. H. Santana (Horizon) - +17.489
8. E. Armando (Silver Line) - +18.310
9. R. Hewitt (Kingston) - +21.596
10. M. Colon (Narvaez) - +37.779
11. L. Keys (Cypher) - +39.176

12. J. Loyola (Tropico) - +39.456
13. D. Alamila (Panamax) - +45.160
14. C. Lynn (Cypher) - +46.081
15. T. Franco (Narvaez) - +59.893
16. R. Martinez (RafaSport) - +1 LAP* (Engine)

17. S. Bonaventura (PDVSA) - +2 LAPS* (Oil Leak)
DNF. V. Marcia Belmonte (Tropico) - Spin
DNF. L. de Teodoro (Starforce) - Water Leak
DNF. A. Duval (Hemogoblin) - Engine
DNF. A. Gonzalez (Gonzalez) - Puncture

DNF. A. Montero (Horizon) - Oil Leak

Fastest Lap: E. Armando - 1:49.767
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Hot on the heels of round 4, the CRL field goes to Pinamera Raceway on the outskirts of Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic for the weekend that marks the halfway point in the inaugural CRL championship. In the down time between the two races, we had a couple of changes to the entry list, as listed below:

1. With Angel Gonzalez's family-run operation taking this round off, it allowed for Haitian teenager Eloise Bouchard to enter Freek Aaldenberg's old car for the weekend under the Pel Kous Asosyasyon (Hatian Creole for Pearl Racing Association) monkier.
2. Since the Narvaez second car was only a one-off, it opened up a spot on the entry list which needed to be filled. Enter T-Zero Motorsport, who have signed up for the next two rounds at least in the 00 car, after it turned out the organisers weren't gonna allow them to run 000. Albert Joylon Evanson from the Caicos Islands will drive the car for this weekend, while Cayman Islands native Mitchell Anderson has been signed up for Jamaica.

Qualifying

Up to this point, Starforce Engineering have arguably been the team to beat on pure pace alone, and that trend continued at Puerto Plata as their two drivers Leon de Teodoro and Dean Murphy locked out the front row ahead of championship leader Pietronella Addiks and Victoria Marcia Belmonte. In the challenge class, Eloise Bouchard quickly became a sensation as she put her car 10th on the grid in her first ever race since graduating from karting, and second on challenge class grid behind Lindon Keys. The same couldn't be said for challenge class leader Miguel Colon however, as he put in a relatively poor qualifying showing to start race 1 from 16th.

1. L. de Teodoro (Starforce) - 1:42.224
2. D. Murphy (Starforce) - +0.026
3. P. Addiks (Horizon) - +0.255
4. V. Marcia Belmonte (Tropico) - +0.338
5. E. Armando (Silver Line) - +0.788
6. S. Bonaventura (PDVSA) - +0.854
7. M. Hortin (Horizon) - +0.859
8. A. Montero (Horizon) - +1.173
9. L. Keys (Cypher) - +1.310
10. E. Bouchard (Pel) - +1.915

11. E. Viteri (Silver Line) - +1.995
12. M. Darrell (DRT) - +2.038
13. A. Duval (Hemogoblin) - +2.252

14. J. Loyola (Tropico) - +2.253
15. C. Lynn (Cypher) - +2.288
16. M. Colon (Narvaez) - +2.297
17. R. Hewitt (Kingston) - +2.324

18. A. Didac Puerta (PDVSA) - +2.364
19. A. Joylon Evanson (T-Zero) - +2.372
20. D. Alamila (Panamax) - +2.486

21. H. Santana (Horizon) - +2.557
22. R. Martinez (RafaSport) - +2.679

Race 1

The race for the win may have been virtually over before it even started, but it didn't stop the CRL as it quickly became clear the track was conducive for close drawn-out battles for track position. This was quickly proven by how well teenage sensation Eloise Blanchard was able to hold on to some of the top championship class runners in her older challenge class car. She, along with Michael Darrell and Lindon Keys, provided some of the highlights of the race, as all three made fantastic starts to be well in the points at the end of the first lap. This gave the top 4 runners of the two Starforce machines, Eduardo Armando and Pietronella Addiks the chance to disappear into the distance as the angry pack behind which included many of the championship class runners jostled for position for virtually the entire race.

As Teodoro calmly took his fifth win of the season up front, teammate Murphy had a comfortable 2nd place robbed from him with a last-lap engine failure as the high-speed circuit took its toll on the BMW powerplants. Just the lap before, Darrell's engine had also given up the ghost, while Sofia Bonaventura just managed to cross the line to finish in 4th place behind Addiks, who had caught and passed Armando for 2nd place late in the race, when her engine also blew up in spectacular fashion. Along with Victoria Marcia Belmonte, the pair had managed to break from the clutches of the slipstream battle to round out the top 5 finishers, while the aforementioned problem for Darrell and an electrical problem for Keys meant Bouchard was left to take a comfortable win in the challenge class.

1. L. de Teodoro (Starforce) - 16 LAPS (21m 03.089s)
2. P. Addiks (Horizon) - +8.990
3. E. Armando (Silver Line) - +11.087
4. S. Bonaventura (PDVSA) - +17.962
5. V. Marcia Belmonte (Tropico) - +20.925
6. M. Hortin (Horizon) - +25.235
7. E. Bouchard (Pel) - +25.478
8. A. Montero (Horizon) - +25.776
9. H. Santana (Horizon) - +27.725
10. A. Didac Puerta (PDVSA) - +29.270
11. J. Loyola (Tropico) - +37.308
12. R. Hewitt (Kingston) - +39.436
13. C. Lynn (Cypher) - +44.139
14. A. Duval (Hemogoblin) - +48.609
15. A. Joylon Evanson (T-Zero) - +48.792
16. M. Colon (Narvaez) - +49.916
17. R. Martinez (RafaSport) - +51.633
18. L. Keys (Cypher) - +1:12.070 (1 stop)

19. D. Murphy (Starforce) - +1 LAP*
20. M. Darrell (DRT) - +2 LAPS*
DNF. D. Alamila (Panamax) - Spun

DNF. E. Viteri (Silver Line) - Electrical

Fastest Lap: D. Murphy - 1:43.271

Race 2

It's an old cliche in motorsport that races are almost never won at the first corner, but it seemed that Eduardo Armando never got the memo, as the day after he scored his first CRL podium, he tried a hairbrained move on polesitter Leon de Teodoro heading into turn 4. The result was rather predictable, as he managed to take both himself and Teodoro out of the race as the field scattered around them. This set the tone for how the rest of the race would pan out, with Josue Loyola becoming the first victim as he decided making sandcastles in the turn 1 gravel trap at the start of lap 2 was a good idea. While Loyola eventually managed to dig himself out of his predicament, Alvaro Montero wasn't so lucky, as a collision with Cypher's Clive Lynn put both drivers out of the race in the early going. Lynn was soon joined on the retirements list by teammate Keys, after he got punted off by Bonaventura, who was one of the big losers off the start and was trying to make her way though the field. The collision ended up ripping the front wing off her car, forcing her in for a pitstop to get it fixed, but it was all for naught when the transmission packed up on her car a lap later, putting her on the DNF list.

The early madness had turned the race into a 4-way battle up front between Addicks, Belmonte, Herberto Santana and Antonio Didac Puerta, as Santana proved to be an impenetrable wall for the other three. Up until the point Addiks finally managed to sneak her way into the lead through the penultimate complex of corners, before promptly spinning off into retirement a few corners later in what could prove to be a championship-defining moment. With Addiks out and Puerta slowly falling back on old tyres, it was down to Santana and Belmonte in the battle for the win. Behind them however, the action was still going as Dean Murphy and Eualia Viteri were motoring their way through the field, which at this point largely consisted of challenge class runners who were on for monster results. Viteri nearly took out one of those in the form of a collision with new challenge class championship leader Royce Hewitt, but only succeeded in causing her own demise, while David Alamila's fantastic run in what was 8th place came to an end with a puncture, forcing him in for a late pitstop.

Eventually, Santana held on for his third win of the season on home soil from Belmonte, as the Santo Domingo native continues his habit of picking up results when others fall by the wayside to catapult himself right into title contention. Puerta also closed in on championship leader Addiks with 3rd place, ahead of the quiet Marlin Hortin and Dean Murphy, who had made his way from 19th on the grid to nearly steal 4th on the final lap. Eloise Blanchard made it two class victories in a row in a fine 6th overall from Hewitt, as Albert Joylon Evanson, Aurele Duval and Miguel Colon all scored points in the overall standings behind them.

1. H. Santana (Horizon) - 16 LAPS (21m 15.637s)
2. V. Marcia Belmonte (Tropico) - +0.989
3. A. Didac Puerta (PDVSA) - +4.229
4. M. Hortin (Horizon) - +7.181
5. D. Murphy (Starforce) - +7.676
6. E. Bouchard (Pel) - +12.356
7. R. Hewitt (Kingston) - +17.493
8. A. Joylon Evanson (T-Zero) - +26.098
9. A. Duval (Hemogoblin) - +33.809
10. M. Colon (Narvaez) - +35.025
11. M. Darrell (DRT) - +36.751
12. R. Martinez (RafaSport) - +44.252
13. D. Alamila (Panamax) - +1:25.378 (1 stop)

14. J. Loyola (Tropico) - +1:31.488
DNF. E. Viteri (Silver Line) - Collision
DNF. P. Addiks (Horizon) - Spun
DNF. S. Bonaventura (PDVSA) - Transmission (1 stop)
DNF. A. Montero (Horizon) - Collision
DNF. C. Lynn (Cypher) - Collision
DNF. L. de Teodoro (Starforce) - Collision
DNF. E. Armando (Silver Line) - Collision

Fastest Lap: P. Addiks - 1:43.767

Race 3

The final race of the weekend started much like the previous one, with Victoria Marcia Belmonte trying a high-risk, low-percentage move on Eloise Blanchard after an incredibly poor start, which only resulted in major damage on the Tropico-Carlin car and giving the team a massive headache before Jamaica next weekend. Carlin's misery was compounded a lap later when the fast-starting Josue Loyola and Aurele Duval came together, putting both out of the race. At the head of the field, the race quickly narrowed down to a three horse race between race 2 winner Santana, Puerta and the recovering Murphy, with Eloise Blanchard running in an impressive fourth place in a massive tussle with Marlin Hortin.

After race 2 produced a jumbled grid, there was much frantic action throughout the field as many of the top championship runners such as Addiks, Teodoro and Bonaventura found themselves in the position of having to fight their way back through the field in the hope of banking a minor points finish. Of the trio, Addiks did the best job to end up battling the likes of Royce Hewitt and Joylon Evanson in the closing stages, leaving Teodoro and Bonaventura scrambling in the low teens with the likes of Alamila, the disappointing Montero and Colon before Bonaventura's suspension collapsed.

And then, on the final lap, Bouchard's incredible weekend came to a bitter end as she tried a late move on Hortin to take back 4th place, but ended up hitting the Horizon driver instead and putting both out of the race just as the Santana-Didac battle was reaching its climax. After many laps of trying to find a way past, Puerta had actually managed to take the lead heading into the final lap, but Santana got it back at turn 4, and with Puerta unable to sneak past at the final complex of corners, it was left to the Dominican to claim his two from two for Sunday ahead of Puerta and Murphy. By virtue of largely running her own race, Eualia Viteri ended up in a surprise 4th place ahead of the recovering Addiks, while Albert Joylon Evanson inherited the challenge class win from Hewitt and Lynn. Teodoro eventually claimed the final point for 10th place behind Panamax's David Alamila.

1. H. Santana (Horizon) - 16 LAPS (21m 11.067s)
2. A. Didac Puerta (PDVSA) - +0.717
3. D. Murphy (Starforce) - +2.213
4. E. Viteri (Silver Line) - +19.275
5. P. Addiks (Horizon) - +21.064
6. A. Joylon Evanson (T-Zero) - +21.382
7. R. Hewitt (Kingston) - +22.115
8. C. Lynn (Cypher) - +30.069
9. D. Alamila (Panamax) - +36.541

10. L. de Teodoro (Starforce) - +36.684
11. A. Montero (Horizon) - +37.257
12. E. Armando (Silver Line) - +40.162
13. M. Colon (Narvaez) - +40.345
14. L. Keys (Cypher) - +43.726
15. R. Martinez (RafaSport) - +46.120

16. M. Hortin (Horizon) - +1 LAP*
17. E. Bouchard (Pel) - +1 LAP*
DNF. S. Bonaventura (PDVSA) - Suspension
DNF. M. Darrell (DRT) - Transmission
DNF. J. Loyola (Tropico) - Collision
DNF. A. Duval (Hemogoblin) - Collision
DNF. V. Marcia Belmonte (Tropico) - Collision

Fastest Lap: D. Murphy - 1:43.348
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

In an effort to finish the series before uni starts again, let's continue with the next round in Jamaica

Qualifying

With weather predicted to be a huge factor all weekend on a track where overtaking was proving to be extremely difficult, qualifying was going to be a lottery that made or broke drivers' weekends. And of everyone, Starforce got broken the hardest, as traffic and bad timing with breaks in the weather meant both Leon de Teodoro and Dean Murphy found themselves stranded in the middle of nowhere on the grid, with the likes of Eduardo Armando and Marlin Hortin joining them in the middle of PNowhere. Conversely, championship leader Pietronella Addiks and Victoria Marcia Belmonte both found a break in the weather, and went straight to the top of the timesheets as a result. Meanwhile, Michael Darrell put his challenge class car into 4th on the grid and challenge class pole, with Miguel Colon and Lindon Keys joining him on rows 3 and 4 respectively.

1. P. Addiks (Horizon) - 51.462
2. V. Marcia Belmonte (Tropico) - +0.085
3. S. Bonaventura (PDVSA) - +1.474
4. M. Darrell (DRT) - +1.560
5. E. Viteri (Silver Line) - +1.663
6. M. Colon (Narvaez) - +1.826
7. L. Keys (Cypher) - +1.888

8. A. Didac Puerta (PDVSA) - +2.005
9. R. Martinez (RafaSport) - +2.048
10. C. Lynn (Cypher) - +2.096

11. J. Loyola (Tropico) - +2.102
12. H. Santana (Horizon) - +2.132
13. A. Duval (Hemogoblin) - +2.172
14. L. Bannock (Gonzalez) - +2.181
15. R. Hewitt (Kingston) - +2.428
16. M. Anderson (T-Zero) - +2.431

17. A. Montero (Horizon) - +2.549
18. L. de Teodoro (Starforce) - +2.659
19. E. Armando (Silver Line) - +2.684
20. M. Hortin (Horizon) - +2.719
21. D. Alamila (Panamax) - +2.821
22. D. Murphy (Starforce) - +3.022

Race 1

Like qualifying, weather continued to be a big theme heading into the Saturday race, although the track was virtually dry by the time the race started. When the rain came however, it came in a hurry forcing most teams to bring their drivers in for the Hankook wet tyres. However, a few drivers elected to brave the conditions and stay out on slicks, which meant we had the incredible situation of Miguel Colon, Rafa Martinez and Clive Lynn holding down the first three positions, with Antonio Didac Puerta closing down the lot of them on slicks as well. Puerta in particular had a lot to gain from the gamble as championship leader Addiks had been punted off into retirement early on. And gain from it he did as he eventually climbed over all three challenge class runners to take his second win of the season, with Colon and Lynn holding on for the remaining podium places. Despite being stuck on slick tyres with an angry pack of cars behind him, Martinez held off all comers to score a career-best 4th place finish ahead of the likes of Viteri, Darrell and Herberto Santana.

1. A. Didac Puerta (PDVSA) - 29 LAPS (26m 06.268s)
2. M. Colon (Narvaez) - +14.620
3. C. Lynn (Cypher) - +14.862
4. R. Martinez (RafaSport) - +26.253

5. E. Viteri (Silver Line) - +26.485 (1 stop)
6. V. Marcia Belmonte (Tropico) - +26.849 (1 stop)
7. M. Darrell (DRT) - +27.265 (1 stop)
8. H. Santana (Horizon) - +27.500 (1 stop)
9. L. Keys (Cypher) - +31.440 (1 stop)
10. A. Montero (Horizon) - +31.653 (1 stop)
11. M. Anderson (T-Zero) - +32.176 (1 stop)
12. M. Hortin (Horizon) - +33.064 (1 stop)
13. D. Murphy (Starforce) - +33.179 (1 stop)
14. L. Bannock (Gonzalez) - +44.845 (1 stop)
15. E. Armando (Silver Line) - +45.118 (1 stop)
16. D. Alamila (Panamax) - +45.781 (1 stop)
17. R. Hewitt (Kingston) - +46.094 (1 stop)

18. S. Bonaventura (PDVSA) - +2 LAPS*
DNF. J. Loyola (Tropico) - Oil Leak
DNF. A. Duval (Hemogoblin) - Engine
DNF. P. Addiks (Horizon) - Collision
DNF. L. de Teodoro (Starforce) - Transmission

Fastest Lap: P. Addiks - 48.327

Race 2

Like race 1, the weather played havoc with race strategy when a early-race shower made the track extremely slippery, and like race one, some cars decided to risk it and stay out on slicks. It gave largely the same results as Miguel Colon found himself leading the race for the second race in a row. It seemed that the dream was on for the 14-year old Puerto Rican until the suspension on his car collapsed, leaving the race to be a straight fight between Herberto Santana on slicks and Antonio Didac Puerta on wets. Santana eventually held on to the win from Santana, and in the process took the championship lead from Pietronella Addiks who recovered from her P21 starting position to finish 5th behind Marlin Hortin and Victoria Marcia Belmonte. After having a disappointing race 1, Royce Hewitt also gambled on slicks, and was rewarded with the challenge class win for his efforts as he works to solidify his lead in the championship.

1. H. Santana (Horizon) - 29 LAPS (25m 57.947)
2. A. Didac Puerta (PDVSA) - +0.368 (1 stop)
3. M. Hortin (Horizon) - +7.930
4. V. Marcia Belmonte (Tropico) - +10.814
5. P. Addiks (Horizon) - +12.068
6. R. Hewitt (Kingston) - +17.261
7. S. Bonaventura (PDVSA) - +17.733
8. C. Lynn (Cypher) - +18.001 (1 stop)
9. E. Viteri (Silver Line) - +18.512 (1 stop)
10. A. Montero (Horizon) - +18.894 (1 stop)
11. M. Anderson (T-Zero) - +19.527 (1 stop)
12. D. Murphy (Starforce) - +19.617 (1 stop)
13. L. de Teodoro (Starforce) - +19.960 (1 stop)
14. E. Armando (Silver Line) - +20.514 (1 stop)
15. D. Alamila (Panamax) - +38.339 (1 stop)
16. A. Duval (Hemogoblin) - +45.849 (1 stop)

17. J. Loyola (Tropico) - +1 LAP* (1 stop)
DNF. M. Colon (Narvaez) - Suspension
DNF. L. Keys (Cypher) - Water Leak
DNF. M. Darrell (DRT) - Puncture
DNF. L. Bannock (Gonzalez) - Collision
DNF. R. Martinez (RafaSport) - Water Leak

Fastest Lap: A. Didac Puerta - 47.985

Race 3

Race 3 was a story of two title contenders slogging it out for a race win in the form of Herberto Santana and Antonio Didac Puerta. The Dominican got the early jump at the start but once the stops to switch to wets yet again came around, it was the Venezuelan who got the jump and claimed the eventual victory with the Horizon driver right on his tail. Victoria Marcia Belmonte capped off a solid weekend with a trip to the podium in third position ahead of Marlin Hortin, while in the challenge class, Royce Hewitt continued his stranglehold of the class with his second win of the weekend on Raceday Sunday.

1. A. Didac Puerta (PDVSA) - 29 LAPS (26m 56.541s) (1 stop)
2. H. Santana (Horizon) - +1.063 (1 stop)
3. V. Marcia Belmonte (Tropico) - +4.177 (1 stop)
4. M. Hortin (Horizon) - +9.632 (1 stop)
5. E. Viteri (Silver Line) - +10.515 (1 stop)
6. P. Addiks (Horizon) - +11.470 (1 stop)
7. S. Bonaventura (PDVSA) - +12.971 (1 stop)
8. R. Hewitt (Kingston) - +36.773 (1 stop)
9. D. Murphy (Starforce) - +37.082 (1 stop)
10. L. Keys (Cypher) - +40.581 (1 stop)
11. D. Alamila (Panamax) - +41.581 (1 stop)

12. E. Armando (Silver Line) - +1 LAP (2 stops)
13. R. Martinez (RafaSport) - +1 LAP (1 stop)
14. M. Darrell (DRT) - +1 LAP (1 stop)

15. A. Montero (Horizon) - +1 LAP (1 stop)
16. M. Colon (Narvaez) - +1 LAP (1 stop)
17. L. Bannock (Gonzalez) - +1 LAP (1 stop)
18. A. Duval (Hemogoblin) - +1 LAP (2 stops)

DNF. J. Loyola (Tropico) - Oil Leak (1 stop)
DNF. L. de Teodoro (Starforce) - Water Leak (1 stop)
DNF. M. Anderson (T-Zero) - Engine (1 stop)
DNF. C. Lynn (Cypher) - Suspension

Fastest Lap: A. Didac Puerta - 49.142
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Junior Bannock, while spectating his brother's racing debut wrote:Hey Lel, stick to shop-keeping, man.

CoopsII wrote:

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Jacques Couteau wrote:It is with great pleasure that we announce the signing of Victoria Marcia Belmonte to the Astro Racing Stars programme. She will make her full racing debut in 2018 in AR2.0, perhaps even earlier if a chance comes begging.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...