1999 F1RGP2C Season - Bathurst Challenge!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 1999 F1RGP2C Season - Belgium Race Up

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Vic Sunset wrote: Well I'll be damned! 4th place? And to think that this team was on the verge of bankruptcy not even 2 years ago. At this rate we will catch Prost and become the fastest French team on the grid!

I won't keep my hopes up too high though. We need to remain consistent and not try to pull anything daft, like much of the gird seems to be doing as of late...
Last edited by CaptainGetz12 on 18 Jul 2014, 17:08, edited 1 time in total.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Puncture, loose wheel... I can't believe it.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Prost finally starts scoring points, get almost overtaken by Gauthier. It' a cruel world.

But the battle for 'best French team' does look as exciting as ever. And we're still withing striking distance for the position of 'best blue car' :D
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Just remember, Prost will be the most successful French team if Douglas Mann stops blowing up his engine/transmission...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Vic Sunset wrote: Well I'll be damned! 4th place? And to think that this team was on the verge of bankruptcy not even 2 years ago. At this rate we will catch Prost and become the fastest French team on the grid!

I won't keep my hopes up too high though. We need to remain consistent and not try to pull anything daft, like much of the gird seems to be doing as of late...

Guillaume Gauthier wrote:It was 3 years ago that ze team nearly went bankrupt, Vic, not 2. But yes, between my impeccable management and ze considerable talents of yourself and M. Nicchi, we are climbing up ze grid very nicely. 'Opefully our 2000 car will continue zis trend, but for now it is important zat we keep capitalising on every opportunity as we 'ave been.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

John Zimmer, upon being released from the medical centre wrote:WHERE IS HE!? HE'S GONNA GET A BROKEN NOSE SOON IF HE DOESN'T EXPLAIN HIMSELF!

Too busy looking for Voecklers to punch, Zimmer hasn't figured out a replacement yet.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

To pasta and The Masked Lapwing, I need those driver replacements by Thursday or else there won't be an update in this series until August 7th.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

tristan1117 wrote:To pasta and The Masked Lapwing, I need those driver replacements by Thursday or else there won't be an update in this series until August 7th.

For those interested, i can loan you Mann for a race. (that would be a very creative style of sabotage)

Edit: of course that would mean the reserve driver will get promoted.
Last edited by Nessafox on 23 Jul 2014, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Also available is Benoit Voeckler. Make history! Put the youngest driver of all time in the sport! A 2 year old driving in a pro racing series! Imagine the headlines!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:
tristan1117 wrote:To pasta and The Masked Lapwing, I need those driver replacements by Thursday or else there won't be an update in this series until August 7th.

For those interested, i can loan you Mann for a race. (that would be a very creative style of sabotage)

Douglas Mann would be interested in seeing if other engines can resist his attempts at blowing them up!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Ferrari will make Christophe Vans available on loan :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

dr-baker wrote:
This wrote:

Douglas Mann would be interested in seeing if other engines can resist his attempts at blowing them up!

Meh, why not. Douglas can drive for Benetton if he wants :)
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Alright, so whose driving for Prost now? Francisco Remedio is the official reserve driver. Jorg Scrattenheim is Williams' reserve, but he's currently on DAMS. This is going to get complicated.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

tristan1117 wrote:Alright, so whose driving for Prost now? Francisco Remedio is the official reserve driver. Jorg Scrattenheim is Williams' reserve, but he's currently on DAMS. This is going to get complicated.

Well, Remedio is their reserve driver, so I see no reason not to automatically stick him in the seat unless This says otherwise.
Everything's great.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Salamander wrote:
tristan1117 wrote:Alright, so whose driving for Prost now? Francisco Remedio is the official reserve driver. Jorg Scrattenheim is Williams' reserve, but he's currently on DAMS. This is going to get complicated.

Well, Remedio is their reserve driver, so I see no reason not to automatically stick him in the seat unless This says otherwise.

I already edited my last post, but i confirm again that this will be the case.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 1999 F1RGP2C Season - Williams Seatholder (pasta) needed

Post by tristan1117 »

Alright, the deadline has passed, so unfortunately, it's unlikely that there will be an update for this series until August, which isn't that far away, so don't worry about it. If pasta could nominate a Voeckler replacement in the meantime, that would be great.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Strattenheim is a Williams tester, I didn't even know that :lol: :lol: :lol:
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

But it's true, Scrattenheim is a Williams reserve, and Nurminen is a McLaren reserve. :D

tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Alright, since pasta hasn't stepped forward and confirmed a driver for Williams, Jack Christopherson will make yet another comeback for the time being as that plan doesn't involve switching Scrattenheim over from DAMS. Pasta/Klaus Mann is free to change this plan I've come up with whenever he likes. Next race will be up by Sunday, tentatively.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Since I can't think of a beter stooge, Christopherson will indeed take the seat.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Round 14: Italy

1. James James Davies (McLaren) - 1:24.159
2. Rory McAllister (McLaren) - 1:24.276
3. Tom Douglas (Ferrari) - 1:24.294
4. Kazuhiko Takagi (Ferrari) - 1:25.550
5. Damon Cannon (Jordan) - 1:24.867
6. Jack Christopherson (Williams) - 1:24.987
7. Miko Fakkinen (Sauber) - 1:25.021
8. Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler (Jordan) - 1:25.081
9. Lawrence Tucker (Sauber) - 1:25.128
10. Jose Alvarez (Stewart) - 1:25.195
11. Emmanuele Nicchi (Gauthier) - 1:25.195
12. Andrew Spokes (Williams) - 1:25.206
13. Francisco Remedio (Prost) - 1:25.214

14. Douglas Mann (Benetton) - 1:25.249
15. Ralf Alden (Stewart) - 1:25.265
16. Pieter Kickert (BAR) - 1:25.269
17. Ron Mignolet (Prost) - 1:25.331
18. Jörg Scrattenheim (DAMS) - 1:25.428
19. Masta Valsattis (Benetton) - 1:25.431
20. Vic Sunset (Gauthier) - 1:25.489
21. Niko Nurminen (DAMS) - 1:25.535
22. Gonzalo Solari (BAR) - 1:25.585
23. Daniel Moreno (Arrows) - 1:25.894
24. Ben Fleet (Arrows) - 1:25.950
25. Kim Jong-Sung (Volga) - 1:25.999
26. Nicklas Kristiansen (Minardi) - 1:26.063
DNQ Yuuri Jougaseki (Volga) - 1:26.065
DNQ Deanna McMohan (Minardi) - 1:26.120

Yes, Alvarez and Nicchi set the same exact time. Davies takes pole as McLaren locks out the front row.
Shizuka

Re: 1999 F1RGP2C Season - Italy Quali Up

Post by Shizuka »

tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Review:
Fairly dull race at Monza. After some of the craziest action in F1RGP2C history, we’re back to business as usual. DAVIESWINSLOL!

Positives:
James James Davies: Is the championship battle over? Yes. It basically is. For a while there, it seemed like half of the grid had a chance at taking the title from JJD. But it’s not happening, to the disappointment of Jordan fans everywhere. Davies’ win in Monza and Douglas’ disastrous engine failure leaves Davies with a commanding lead. Douglas wasn’t going to beat Davies on the track anyway, and Davies picked up a well-earned win.

Rory McAllister: He didn’t crash the car. That’s a start.

Damon Cannon: A fool’s gold start of the race left him in the lead thanks to his fuel strategy, but Cannon never really threatened to repeat his Monza victory in 1997.

Vic Sunset: Another points finish? Is this real life? How is Vic Sunset doing this? I can’t answer any of these questions, and all I know is that Gauthier has passed Prost in the Constructors’ Championship!

Douglas Mann: Point for Douglas Mann on his Benetton debut! Maybe the engine failures really are Prost’s fault and not Douglas’.

Emmanuele Nicchi: Emmanuele Nicchi had to make a late pitstop, and he decided to make use of it by sticking on some fresh tyres and setting the fastest lap of the race. By six tenths of a second! WTF?

Negatives:
Tom Douglas: Argh. It all began with so much promise. Tom Douglas, driving for Ferrari, in Monza, with the tifosi going absolutely mad in the grandstands. The lights inexorably march towards their denouement, as Tom Douglas’ championship challenge rapidly advances to its own fate. Suddenly, the lights go out, and Tom Douglas rockets past both McLarens into the lead! The fans go wild, Tom Douglas and Ferrari are in the lead of the Italian Grand Prix! Unfortunately, the glorious fantasy of Tom Douglas continuing his charge for the title by taking a win on Ferrari’s home soil goes awry on Lap 7, when Damon Cannon catches Douglas and passes the Ferrari at the Rettifilo. Four laps later, a familiar smoke emanates from Tom Douglas’ Ferrari engine. Douglas shouts a stream of curses into the radio as the car rolls to a screeching halt.

Lawrence Tucker: While Sauber did secure a good result with Miko Fakkinen finishing fourth, Lawrence Tucker earns Reject of the Race for sustaining an engine failure and refusing to exit the track, nearly causing a massive pileup. Good job.

Leaders:
Tom Douglas: 1-7
Damon Cannon: 8-14
James James Davies: 15-27
Damon Cannon: 28-33
James James Davies: 34-
FL: Emmanuele Nicchi - 1:25.800

Penalties:
+3 to Lawrence Tucker for not pulling off the circuit!
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Drivers' Championship Standings:
1. James James Davies - 59
2. Tom Douglas - 36
3. Damon Cannon - 34
4. Rory McAllister - 34
5. Jose Alvarez - 30
6. Kazuhiko Takagi - 30
7. Ralf Alden - 21
8. Frederic-Maxime Voeckler - 19
9. Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler - 15
10. John Zimmer - 13
11. Miko Fakkinen - 12
12. Lawrence Tucker - 10
13. Andrew Spokes - 9
14. Douglas Mann - 8
= Vic Sunset - 8
16. Jorg Scrattenheim - 4
= Niko Nurminen - 4
= Pieter Kickert - 4
19. Emmanuele Nicchi - 4
= Ron Mignolet - 4
21. Masta Valsattis - 3
= Yuuri Jougaseki - 3

Constructors' Championship Standings:
1. McLaren - 93
2. Ferrari - 63
3. Stewart - 51
4. Jordan - 49
5. Williams - 28
6. Sauber - 22
7. Benetton - 17
8. Gauthier - 12
9. Prost - 11
10. DAMS - 8
11. BAR - 4
12. Volga - 3

Penalty Standings:
1. Lawrence Tucker - 7
2. Rory McAllister - 5
3. Vic Sunset - 4
4. James James Davies - 3
= Daniel Moreno - 3
= Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler - 3
6. Jose Alvarez - 2
= Damon Cannon - 2
7. Niko Nurminen - 1
= Emmanuele Nicchi - 1
= Kim Jong-Sung - 1
= Deanna McMohan - 1
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 1999 F1RGP2C Season - Italy Race Up

Post by Nessafox »

Oh yes, my genius plan totally backfired :D

The fact that you never put Prost between the negatives says enough about the team, i guess. :?
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Ah merde! :oops:

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Mann's team-mate had an engine failure, but not Douglas :shock: :o

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

José Alvarez wrote:This reliability has ruined my push for the championship, it's just come at the wrong time! Perhaps a new challenge is needed for me...

Tim Perkins wrote:Well, fook me wi' a pitchfork! Gonzalo put in an absolute peach of a shift, seventh ain't bad fella! As for Pete, we're gonna be fighting tooth and nail for 'im to stay next year, 'cause 'ee's a quick bugger, in't 'ee? We got a crackin' bit 'o news for ya too, we're in talks with some blokes from Japan for them new 'Onda units!
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

The Prost team have a double-DNF (including a transmission failure) and a Benetton has an engine failure, but Douglas Mann SCORES? See, there is indeed a God somewhere, to have a sense of humour like that! ;)

And Ben Fleet is happy to have a top-10 result. No points for that, but it's something.
MCard LOLA
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

dr-baker wrote:The Prost team have a double-DNF (including a transmission failure) and a Benetton has an engine failure, but Douglas Mann SCORES? See, there is indeed a God somewhere, to have a sense of humour like that! ;)

And Ben Fleet is happy to have a top-10 result. No points for that, but it's something.

You failed us, you were supposed to make sure Gauthier won't overtake Prost!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:
dr-baker wrote:The Prost team have a double-DNF (including a transmission failure) and a Benetton has an engine failure, but Douglas Mann SCORES? See, there is indeed a God somewhere, to have a sense of humour like that! ;)

You failed us, you were supposed to make sure Gauthier won't overtake Prost!

If only the race were one lap longer! Oh the irony...
MCard LOLA
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Round 15: Europe

Grid:

1. Tom Douglas (Ferrari) - 1:22.267
2. Douglas Mann (Benetton) - 1:22.941
3. Rory McAllister (McLaren) - 1:22.969
4. Damon Cannon (Jordan) - 1:23.042
5. Kazuhiko Takagi (Ferrari) - 1:23.081
6. James James Davies (McLaren) - 1:23.082
7. Jack Christopherson (Williams) - 1:23.162
8. Ralf Alden (Stewart) - 1:23.169
9. Jose Alvarez (Stewart) - 1:23.263
10. Andrew Spokes (Williams) - 1:23.442
11. Jörg Scrattenheim (DAMS) - 1:23.493
12. Masta Valsattis (Benetton) - 1:23.535
13. Miko Fakkinen (Sauber) - 1:23.544

14. Ron Mignolet (Prost) - 1:23.551
15. Daniel Moreno (Arrows) - 1:23.602
16. Emmanuele Nicchi (Gauthier) - 1:23.612
17. Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler (Jordan) - 1:23.641
18. Lawrence Tucker (Sauber) - 1:23.652
19. Pieter Kickert (BAR) - 1:23.778
20. Niko Nurminen (DAMS) - 1:23.826
21. Gonzalo Solari (BAR) - 1:23.877
22. Francisco Remedio (Prost) - 1:23.891
23. Yuuri Jougaseki (Volga) - 1:23.942
24. Ben Fleet (Arrows) - 1:23.998
25. Deanna McMohan (Minardi) - 1:24.115
26. Kim Jong-Sung (Volga) - 1:24.206
DNQ Nicklas Kristiansen (Minardi) - 1:24.294
DNQ Vic Sunset (Gauthier) - 1:25.249

Mixed-up grid for the European GP. Douglas takes pole after a moderately wet Friday session gave way to a super-wet Saturday. Douglas Mann finds himself on the front row for Benetton.
Shizuka

Re: 1999 F1RGP2C Season - Euro Quali Up

Post by Shizuka »

I'd even do an avatar bet that DAMS will have a double DNF here.

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Yay! An all-Douglas front row! (Has this happened before? I can't remember...)
MCard LOLA
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

dr-baker wrote:Yay! An all-Douglas front row! (Has this happened before? I can't remember...)

:lol: :D

In other news, Ferrari is opening it's second seat vacancy for 2000. Good results required. ;)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

José Alvarez wrote:A Ferrari vacancy, hmm? *strokes beard*

Alvarez is looking to further his career, so would be interested in a Ferrari deal...as long as he's considered equal to Douglas. Of course, if another top team can offer a decent deal then his head might be turned...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

FMecha wrote:In other news, Ferrari is opening it's second seat vacancy for 2000. Good results required. ;)

Ah, Ron Mignolet is the man you need! He's a steady driver, and not slow either. And as a plus, he has no problems in being a #2 driver. He'd just be happy with any car that be able to actually finish a race. And some suggest he'll have a succesful career later. I know he hasn't had much results yet, but then i answer that with one word: Prost.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Ataxia wrote:
José Alvarez wrote:A Ferrari vacancy, hmm? *strokes beard*

Alvarez is looking to further his career, so would be interested in a Ferrari deal...as long as he's considered equal to Douglas. Of course, if another top team can offer a decent deal then his head might be turned...

Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler wrote:Well Mr Alvarez, since Mr Spokes refuses to return our calls, you were always intended to be the next choice...my Jordan seat is yours for next season, you just have to pick up the phone!

Image Image
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Two-time champ Daniel Moreno throws his hat in the ring.... :)
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Aerospeed wrote:Two-time champ Daniel Moreno throws his hat in the ring.... :)

James James Davies wrote: :lol:
Everything's great.