FormulaRejects.com - Post here to get a Wiki account!

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
Salamander

Re: Problem with the new Wiki?

Post by Salamander »

Biscione wrote:
Salamander wrote:A) This belongs in the PMMF.

Not so. There is a thread already. FormulaRejects.com. Where I asked people to put bug reports. If we make a new thread for every problem the website/wiki ever has, we're going to flood the forum with threads eventually.

Well, it was in the HWNSNBM forum previously, so now that it's in the PMMF, I can merge it into the FormulaRejects.com thread.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
HawkAussie

Re: FormulaRejects.com

Post by HawkAussie »

What about creating pages for the real life drivers but instead of the real life results, add the alternative F1 results.
Officially Retired
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

HawkAussie wrote:What about creating pages for the real life drivers but instead of the real life results, add the alternative F1 results.

That was done for a few drivers already, so all that'd needed to be done is to do more of it. Have fun, I guess.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Klon wrote:
HawkAussie wrote:What about creating pages for the real life drivers but instead of the real life results, add the alternative F1 results.

That was done for a few drivers already, so all that'd needed to be done is to do more of it. Have fun, I guess.

What I meant was something like this
Officially Retired
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Major changes to FormulaRejects.com

Hi everyone,

There will be some upgrades to the website very soon. The major one that will be coming very soon is an improved uploading system. In it's current form, it's rather basic, but much more functionality will be added;

• Upload multiple files simultaneously
  • Drag & Drop files to start upload
  • Copy, move, rename, create, edit or delete online files and folders
  • Create archives with zip or unzip and decompress files online
  • Search files and folders
  • Preview images in gallery mode
  • User Account system for all members
  • Mobile web browser compatible

Thanks to a recent influx of donations to the site, we actually have some money to burn! If you have any suggestions for things you'd like to see on the website, please put them forward!

Biscione
Site Admin, FormulaRejects.com
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I know people will tell me after they read this that I should learn some Wiki editing skills and do this stuff myself, but in the meantime,...

Could someone add Ben Fleet's birth-place/home town to his Wiki page please? It is, perhaps unsurprisingly, Benfleet in Essex.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

dr-baker wrote:I know people will tell me after they read this that I should learn some Wiki editing skills and do this stuff myself, but in the meantime,...

Could someone add Ben Fleet's birth-place/home town to his Wiki page please? It is, perhaps unsurprisingly, Benfleet in Essex.

Its now done.
Officially Retired
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

HawkAussie wrote:
dr-baker wrote:I know people will tell me after they read this that I should learn some Wiki editing skills and do this stuff myself, but in the meantime,...

Its now done.

Thank you.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Has anyone got round to deleting the pages on the Pages marked for deletion category.
Officially Retired
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dr-baker wrote:
HawkAussie wrote:

It's now done.

Thank you.

Just also realised he does not have a date of birth. I think maybe it should be 29th February 1984. Just to be memorable, y'know? And to be a similar age to both Douglas and Pippa Mann, of course!
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dr-baker wrote:Just also realised he does not have a date of birth. I think maybe it should be 29th February 1984. Just to be memorable, y'know? And to be a similar age to both Douglas and Pippa Mann, of course!

Thank you to whoever added this! :D
MCard LOLA
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Can someone please create a two race Infobox Race Report. Because the last time I created one, it sort of failed.
Officially Retired
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

HawkAussie wrote:Can someone please create a two race Infobox Race Report. Because the last time I created one, it sort of failed.

And how about you start doing something useful instead of creating countless categories and templates no-one ever uses?
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Is it too soon to have a driver to have been born in space? Cause I wonder if we can get a Republic of Zeon flag in the database, since I may be making such a driver soon.

Here is the flag of early Zeon:

If Tropico can have a flag, why can't other micronations can?
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:Is it too soon to have a driver to have been born in space? Cause I wonder if we can get a Republic of Zeon flag in the database, since I may be making such a driver soon.

Here is the flag of early Zeon:

If Tropico can have a flag, why can't other micronations can?

Because this "thing" is not a micronation! Tropico as a concept is valid because it plays on aspects of other nations that already exist (i.e. a run of the mill banana republic). This is nonense. A micronation in space? Maybe you can do this if we have a Wipeout 2097 series. Otherwise, forget about it.

Image Image
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

The account request page seems to have placeholder strings everywhere. Just take a look. :?

Also, since I can't edit the ARIA page, I have an edit request for that page: Sentinel Racing =/= Team Mecha.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

FMecha wrote:The account request page seems to have placeholder strings everywhere. Just take a look. :?

Yeah, that was there when I requested an account on the Wiki a few months back. It really confused me, but when I succeeded I kind of forgot about it. I probably should have reported that in hindsight....
#FreeGonzo
simonracer

Post by simonracer »

The account request page is still broken.

Speaking of that, can someone please approve my account. Thank you in advance.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

simonracer wrote:Speaking of that, can someone please approve my account. Thank you in advance.

Done.
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

It's still broken as my previous investigation into the problem didn't find an answer. I will take another look again and hopefully, with a fresh state of mind, I'll find something I missed last time.

Edit: Fixed it :glasses:

Image Image
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

New Flag System

Gone are the old lengthy, inconsistent codes for flags. In come some more straighforward country codes. All flags (with a handful of exceptions noted below) follow the IOC country code system. So for example, for an Italian flag you would type {{ITA}} or for Switzerland it would be {{SUI}}. This also includes codes still in use by the IOC for countries that no longer exist - see list below.

IOC Historic codes
{{GDR}} - East Germany
{{NRH}} - Northern Rhodesia (1939-1953 flag)
{{RHO}} - Rhodesia (1969 - 1975 flag)
{{URS}} - Soviet Union
{{YUG}} - Yugoslavia

Exceptions
Current
{{ENG}}, {{SCO}}, {{WAL}}, {{NIR}} - Flags for sub-nations of the United Kingdom (no IOC codes)
{{EUR}} - European Union (no IOC code)
{{FRO}} - Faroe Islands (no IOC code)
{{KEK}} - Toplelistan (some say it looks suspiciously like Malta)
{{MAC}} - Macau (no IOC code)
{{SEA}} - Sealand (has no official code in any system)
{{SSD}} - South Sudan (as of yet has no IOC code)
{{TAH}} - French Polynesia / Tahiti (no IOC code)
{{TPE}} - Listed as Chinese Taipei in IOC standards, will refer to Taiwan in reality and carry the red/blue flag instead of the white flag used by the Olympic team.
{{TRO}} - Tropico (that famed fictional banana republic)
{{Unknown}} - Unknown flag (question mark)

Historic
{{RZA}} - South Africa (1928 - 1994 flag)

Image Image
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

The website is offline until further notice, thanks to the cowboys that call themselves "web hosts" holding our account to ransom.

Everything will be shipped out of the old external host an on to our VPS a year ahead of schedule. This is unfortunate, as we still had a year's worth of hosting fully paid-up on the FR account, but the situation has become untenable with the existing host.

I anticipate FR.com will be back up and running at some point this week, but cannot confirm an expected uptime at the moment, given the extra complexities of the old host and this host having two differing server stacks in place.

Image Image
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Any news on this?
Officially Retired
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

So that took a lot longer than I had hoped. Nevertheless...

Everything is back up and running. This now means GPR and FR are hosted in the same place. At the moment, running costs will not be affected, but this could change in future if it becomes necessary to upgrade our server to a higher spec.

In not so great news, the Uploader is unavailable until further notice. It didn't handle the transition between servers too well. All existing file links still work, so embeds and file downloads that are already on the forum still work fine. Just the login mechanism is broken for the moment.

Image Image
Bobby Doorknobs

#FreeGonzo
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: FormulaRejects.com - Post here to get a Wiki account!

Post by Nuppiz »

As new accounts on the FormulaRejects wiki require a manual confirmation by us admins before they become fully functional, please post here after you've created an account so we know to confirm it. We don't get an automatic notification about new accounts so unless we happen to manually check the confirmation page there's no way of us knowing there are new account requests.

Confirmed accounts for RonDenisDeletraz and Thor97.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

The above is a pretty stupid oversight on my part, a legacy of the pre-GPR era. The email notifications were directed to an old personal inbox of mine.

It has now been updated so that both myself and Nuppiz will receive notifications immediately in our GPR inboxes when a request for a new account is made, and we'll get round to it asap. Although, it's always good to post here you've asked for an account, especially when you're signing up with a different username to your GPR forum handle, or are a new user we don't know particularly well yet.

In other news, I intend to move the FR wiki to a beta server in the coming days, and see how smoothly it handles the transition before moving GPR to it. This means at some point, editing will be disabled for a few hours to allow the transition to go through. Secondly, I have given up trying to fix the uploader, and I will replace with a more feature-rich v2.0 at some time in the near future.

Image Image
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

After considerable thought, I have elected to permanently close the uploader function and not replace it with a new version.

Providing this service is a costly one resource-wise, and our original uploader is broken beyond repair, so a new system would require implemented. I don't believe it is worthwhile to do so given the abundance of free hosts elsewhere online. Disabling this extra service allows us to focus on the core FR.com service, the wiki.

Not to fret about existing files that are in use - they will remain where they are & active. Hotlinks on the forum for these files in posts, etc, will still function in future.

As for accessing your old files again; please PM me a request, and you will be given a URL with which to download a full archive of all files you uploaded to the website. It will be provided in .tgz format, so if you don't have it already, you'll need to download 7zip.

Image Image
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

I have applied for an account (Username: ThisCouldBeYourUsername), so would it be possible that you could confirm it please?
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This Could Be You wrote:I have applied for an account (Username: ThisCouldBeYourUsername), so would it be possible that you could confirm it please?

It's done.

Image Image
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

Biscione wrote:
This Could Be You wrote:I have applied for an account (Username: ThisCouldBeYourUsername), so would it be possible that you could confirm it please?

It's done.

Thanks!
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

I'd like to 'realistism' up my driver pages a bit by using standard-manga-style driver pictures, i managed to upload them to the wiki (doing that), but can someone explain me how to link them to the profiles? I really can't find it out (google doesn't quite help).
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:I'd like to 'realistism' up my driver pages a bit by using standard-manga-style driver pictures, i managed to upload them to the wiki (doing that), but can someone explain me how to link them to the profiles? I really can't find it out (google doesn't quite help).

A full guide of how to use images in the wiki can be found at the MediaWiki help page for images.

MediaWiki's own wiki is the best place to get help for how to use wiki markup. This contents page has a list of load of topics on the various functions the wiki has and how they work. I don't think any of us were taught it in a classroom, we all just learned it over time by looking at code examples like these and using them over and over until they stuck.

As an specific exemplar, I already added the image for André Mignolet. See if you can do the rest. There are also driver box templates in the wiki - you can copy-paste the code from another page, for example from Kay Lon's page, paste it into your own, and change the fields as necessary, using 'Show Preview' instead of 'Submit' to see how the changes are working while you edit.

Image Image
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Biscione wrote:
This wrote:I'd like to 'realistism' up my driver pages a bit by using standard-manga-style driver pictures, i managed to upload them to the wiki (doing that), but can someone explain me how to link them to the profiles? I really can't find it out (google doesn't quite help).

A full guide of how to use images in the wiki can be found at the MediaWiki help page for images.

MediaWiki's own wiki is the best place to get help for how to use wiki markup. This contents page has a list of load of topics on the various functions the wiki has and how they work. I don't think any of us were taught it in a classroom, we all just learned it over time by looking at code examples like these and using them over and over until they stuck.

As an specific exemplar, I already added the image for André Mignolet. See if you can do the rest. There are also driver box templates in the wiki - you can copy-paste the code from another page, for example from Kay Lon's page, paste it into your own, and change the fields as necessary, using 'Show Preview' instead of 'Submit' to see how the changes are working while you edit.

Thank you very much. Looks like i ignored the easy solution and went for the more complicated solutions instead. It works now. Doing results tables will probably not happen very soon, just like updating the more succesful drivers will take a bit longer. But i at leasted wanted to do a minimal effort to get all drivers a little bit of an identity. Even if they accomplished next to nothing and André got the most ridiculous mullet GP rejects ever seen, it's more valued than nothing at all, right?
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

Sent in my request a few days ago.
FIAT Group, finding loopholes in the FIA rulebook since it's inception.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I reviewed, updated and added tyre manufacturer logos. Now, pretty much every active tyre maker you can think of is available in icon form by using [[File:Xxxx_Icon.png]].

So for example, [[File:BF Goodrich Icon.png]] will come out as Image. Here's all the ones currently uploaded;

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image
Bobby Doorknobs

Can I suggest adding the names of DEC users to drivers' wiki pages? I know we have the spreadsheet and everything, but it would be nice to also be able to use the wiki as a reference where possible.
#FreeGonzo
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Simtek wrote:Can I suggest adding the names of DEC users to driver's wiki pages? I know we have the spreadsheet and everything, but it would be nice to also be able to use the wiki as a reference where possible.

I liked this idea so much, I already went ahead and implemented a DEC field into the driver infoboxes. You can use this code in any of the existing infoboxes already in place to add the DEC holder;

Code: Select all

| dec = *username here*

Or, for example, you can include a link to your user page on the wiki, which might for example have a full list of your drivers, as some people already do. For example, like on the page for Zenaide Voeckler, you could have...

Code: Select all

| dec = [[User:Biscione|Biscione]]

Image Image
John Rafael

Post by John Rafael »

I'm completely turned on. It's my third day here, but I'm completely turned on into Formula Rejects World. I've requested an account.
    Unfortunately I have too many hobbies, so I only show up here once every 14 months. Still, do not remove me, I like to see the topics.
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

I might have messed something. I tried to log onto wiki but couldn't so I requested a new password. Turns out I haven't received an email. Can someone check what my password is and/or which email I have registered to wiki? Thanks!