Alt-F1 1981 - Season Preview Part II

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
V8fan12

Re: rFAF1 1981: News

Post by V8fan12 »

Well now that I have March I guess I need to sort some stuff out:

Engines - we will negotiate with anyone who wants us
Drivers - any good drivers left? (actually any old driver will do!)
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I will take over the Lamborghini engines. Merzario will renew with them for another season. We'd also like to reach a hand out to Minardi and offer them a customer contract if they so wish.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

V8fan12 wrote:Engines - we will negotiate with anyone who wants us

Alfa Romeo is more than interested in providing March with engines. We either offer a one-year contract with no strings attached or a three-year contract (i.e. until the end of 1983) with a guarantee to provide March with any new version of our engines in exchange for deciding one of March's drivers during one of the contract years (you can choose which).
HawkAussie

Re: rFactor Alternate F1 1981: Confirm entries

Post by HawkAussie »

HawkAussie wrote:Can I please go on the waiting list.

You completely forgot me, but that is fine
Officially Retired
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Datsun purchase Brabham
Japanese car manufacturer Datsun has entered Formula 1 by buying a majority share in Motor Racing Developments shortly before the start of the 1981 season. The team originally planned to change the constructor name from Brabham-Renault to Datsun-Renault, but a dispute with FISA immediately after confirming the name will see the team continue as Brabham for the forseeable future.
It is understood that Datsun will not build their new chassis themselves, but have instead outsourced their work to Rosenforth Engineering, a Milton Keynes-based firm formed a few years ago by former racer Nigel Rosenforth.
In a statement released by Datsun today, the compant said "We've decided to enter Formula 1, because we feel it's a good way to get some brand awareness around the world." Datsun also confirmed why Rosenforth would be preparing the chassis. "We have got the means to design a chassis, which we are doing. But Rosenforth have the means to build the chassis and make it competitive, and made a very good proposal to us when we were looking for a partner."
Parmalat will retain the naming sponsorship of the team, and they will be entered as Parmalat Team Datsun, while the chassis will called the Brabham 810F.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Renault is happy to supply any and all teams with our latest and greatest powerplant yet. Off the back of our first season supplying engines to other teams, 3 of the top 4 constructors were powered by Renault engines. This includes the Lotus team, to whom Renault engines were critical in their domination of 1980 and sweep of both titles. 10 of the 17 Grand Prix in 1980 were won by a Renault engine, and thanks to the extensive mileage we got last year by supplying 5 teams, our new 1981-spec engines will be our most reliable yet, with all the power you can expect from a turbo. No strings attached whatsoever, contract can be as long or as short as you like. We may ask you to employ a certain driver or two at some point, but this is only a request and you are by no means obligated to comply.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Salamander wrote:Renault is happy to supply any and all teams with our latest and greatest powerplant yet. Off the back of our first season supplying engines to other teams, 3 of the top 4 constructors were powered by Renault engines. This includes the Lotus team, to whom Renault engines were critical in their domination of 1980 and sweep of both titles. 10 of the 17 Grand Prix in 1980 were won by a Renault engine, and thanks to the extensive mileage we got last year by supplying 5 teams, our new 1981-spec engines will be our most reliable yet, with all the power you can expect from a turbo. No strings attached whatsoever, contract can be as long or as short as you like. We may ask you to employ a certain driver or two at some point, but this is only a request and you are by no means obligated to comply.

McLaren are very highly interested in negotiating a potential deal.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

roblomas52 wrote:McLaren are very highly interested in negotiating a potential deal.

Believe me, you'd be better off with Alfa Romeo engines. We can give you exclusive support that Renault just cannot do, because of the sheer mass of teams they supply.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Klon wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:McLaren are very highly interested in negotiating a potential deal.

Believe me, you'd be better off with Alfa Romeo engines. We can give you exclusive support that Renault just cannot do, because of the sheer mass of teams they supply.

Or with Hart engines, just because they'd be so cheap, you can still buy Alfa's or Renaults! :D
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Salamander wrote:Renault is happy to supply any and all teams with our latest and greatest powerplant yet. Off the back of our first season supplying engines to other teams, 3 of the top 4 constructors were powered by Renault engines. This includes the Lotus team, to whom Renault engines were critical in their domination of 1980 and sweep of both titles. 10 of the 17 Grand Prix in 1980 were won by a Renault engine, and thanks to the extensive mileage we got last year by supplying 5 teams, our new 1981-spec engines will be our most reliable yet, with all the power you can expect from a turbo. No strings attached whatsoever, contract can be as long or as short as you like. We may ask you to employ a certain driver or two at some point, but this is only a request and you are by no means obligated to comply.

Naturally, Restov are highly interested in continuing their partnership with Renault.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Spirit will reserve its first seat to Italian driver Catalina Bertinelli, for the other seat, I will nominate the following offers:

David Kennedy
Alex Dias Ribeiro
Lamberto Leoni
Patrick Gaillard
Bobby Rahal

For the test driver seat we will nominate Derek Warwick and the reserve seat will be filled by Hans Heyer
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Klon wrote:

Alfa Romeo is more than interested in providing March with engines. We either offer a one-year contract with no strings attached or a three-year contract (i.e. until the end of 1983) with a guarantee to provide March with any new version of our engines in exchange for deciding one of March's drivers during one of the contract years (you can choose which).

We would like to take up the one-year contract please.

Also we will bid for the following drivers:

Driver 1
Jody Scheckter
Rene Arnoux
Mario Andretti
Jochen Mass

Driver 2
Rupert Keegan
Marc Surer
Derek Daly
Gianfranco Brancatelli

Reserve Driver
Riccardo Patrese
Danny Ongais

Test Driver
Geoff Lees

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Klon wrote:

You mean the exclusive support Osella got last year? A fat load of good that will do anyone.

Regardless, Renault are very interested in supplying McLaren for 1981 - the contract is on the table. Just specify how long you want it for.
Everything's great.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

shinji was the one managing Ligier right? Since you kicked him out of the Ligier management seat, I'll just drop Eadbhard (sp? :?) from the choice list, leaving only Nurmester as the fictional driver choice. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Lotus would like to continue the partnership with Renault for 1981 :)
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

AxelP800 wrote:Lotus would like to continue the partnership with Renault for 1981 :)

Consider it continued, then. :)
Everything's great.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Thomas Nurmester accepts the Tyrrell offer.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Salamander wrote:
AxelP800 wrote:Lotus would like to continue the partnership with Renault for 1981 :)

Consider it continued, then. :)

Oh I think what I mean is Lotus want to continue with Renault :oops:
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

V8fan12 wrote:Rupert Keegan

As mentioned above, the previous Rupert Keegan hass been retconned into a fictional driver named Robert Kagan and who is controlled by myself and who would be happy to drive the second March.

Failing that, he'll take his talent to the Toleman reserve drive.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

First things first, I'll be happy to stick with Talbot/Matra for '81 IF it's possible for a capable member to run the engine division. If this isn't possible, then I will re-assess the engine plan.

Considering I've had no chance whatsoever to retain Laffite, we will bid to bring Jody Scheckter into the team as the lead driver. Failing that, we'll try and get Arnoux or Depailler.

For the second car, we'll bid for Warwick, Patrese and Eddie Cheever (in that order).
Last edited by Ataxia on 29 Mar 2014, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Salamander wrote:
Klon wrote:

You mean the exclusive support Osella got last year? A fat load of good that will do anyone.

Regardless, Renault are very interested in supplying McLaren for 1981 - the contract is on the table. Just specify how long you want it for.

Does 2 years sound alright?
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

roblomas52 wrote:
Salamander wrote:Regardless, Renault are very interested in supplying McLaren for 1981 - the contract is on the table. Just specify how long you want it for.

Does 2 years sound alright?

2 years will be fine.
Everything's great.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

As agreed on the chat, Restov will purchase the 1980 Renault chassis' and engines, and run them as our own for 1981. Continuing the arrangement we had last year, the engines will promptly be renamed Ladas, for marketing reasons.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

V8fan12 wrote:
Klon wrote:

We would like to take up the one-year contract please.

Very well. Alfa Romeo and March sign a one-year engine contract.
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Arrows are very interested in securing a Renault engine supply.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Nuppiz wrote:Thomas Nurmester accepts the Tyrrell offer.

And therefore Martini became the driver in the second seat :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

kevinbotz wrote:Arrows are very interested in securing a Renault engine supply.

Renault agree to supply engines to Arrows for 2 years.
Everything's great.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

In a change of heart, I'll be managing the Matra (formerly Talbot) engine supply. If anyone is interested in them, holla at me.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Wolf would like to extend their engine partnership with Renault for a further three seasons.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

East Londoner wrote:Wolf would like to extend their engine partnership with Renault for a further three seasons.

Renault agree to an extended partnership with Wolf.
Everything's great.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Dats- er, Brabhram would naturally like to continue with Renault :mrgreen:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Patrick Depailler
Goes to Brabham 1-60
Waits for Ligier 61-100
92!

Riccardo Patrese
Signs with Brabham 1-50
Waits for Ligier 51-90
Accepts March reserve 91-100
29!

Johnny Cecotto
Accepts RAM testing deal 1-95
Denies 96-100

Emerson Fittipaldi
Accepts McLaren contract 1-80
Waits for other offers 81-100
74!

Jody Scheckter
Ligier 1-50
McLaren 51-70
March 71-80
Retires from F1 81-100
25!

Jochen Mass
McLaren 1-70
Waits for March seat 71-100
84!

Dave Kennedy
Signs with Spirit 1-75
Denies offer 76-100

Rene Arnoux accepts the March offer.

Jochen Mass, Marc Surer, Derek Daly and Ginafranco Brancatelli all wait to see if Robert Kagan signs with March

Danny Ongais
Accepts March offer 1-45
Stays in America 46-100

Derek Warwick
Signs with Ligier 1-75
Waits for McLaren 76-100
86, Warwick waits for a McLaren offer.

Eddie Cheever
Accepts Ligier offer 1-94
Declines 95-100

Enzo Coloni
Joins Osella 1-35
Declines 36-100
57!

Renzo Zorzi
Signs with Osella 1-65
Declines 66-100
77!

Piero Necchi
Signs with Osella 1-70
Declines 71-100
86!

Alberto Colombo
Signs for Osella 1-85
Declines 86-100
41!

The following teams still need to make more bids:
McLaren needs to bid for drivers for their second seat. Derek Warwick is looking for a McLaren drive.
March need to confirm whether they are signing Robert Kagan
Tyrrell needs to make more bids for the second seat. Martini has gone to Minardi.
Tyrrell, Datsun, Ligier, Toleman, McLaren, Minardi, Spirit and March need to make/confirm bids for their reserve seat.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

We confirm that Hans Heyer will fill our seat due to a BMW request
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Cool, Scheckter and Cheever's decent enough. We'll make a bid for Brian Henton to be our reserve driver.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

As he was not our first choice, we will not be signing Robert Kagan.

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Well, Kagan will go to Toleman as reserve driver then.

Also, V8fan12, if Kagan wasn't your first choice, why was he the first on your list? :P
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:Dats- er, Brabhram would naturally like to continue with Renault :mrgreen:

Renault are happy to continue providing Datsun/Brabham with engines. If you want a multi-year deal, just say how long you want it to be.
Everything's great.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

McLaren will accept Warick.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

tommykl wrote:Well, Kagan will go to Toleman as reserve driver then.

Also, V8fan12, if Kagan wasn't your first choice, why was he the first on your list? :P

Would Kagan be interested in a race seat at Shadow? :P
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
tommykl wrote:Well, Kagan will go to Toleman as reserve driver then.

Would Kagan be interested in a race seat at Shadow? :P

That works too :P