2017 AutoReject 2.0 Europe - Sakhir Post-Season Test Result

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 season - go_Rubens, you are needed!

Post by Ataxia »

Here she is:

Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 season - URGENT NEWS FOR ALL

Post by Ataxia »

I have a serious proposition now, since I think that I've found a problem.

As it stands, we have AR2.0 supplying both F3RWRS and AR3.5. I uncouthly likened it in chat to feeding octuplets with one pair of boobs, and so getting a fresh supply of drivers to both is a bit of a stretch since the number of drivers in both series moving up far outnumber the new drivers from AR2.0.

There are three possible options we have:

1) We expand the field to 30 cars. Although it's the solution with the least fallout, it might not alleviate the problem with supply very much.

2) Split AR2.0 into TWO separate categories, one based in Europe and one based in North America. I give the current team owners the chance to pick the series they enter and take it from there. I'd cut the calendar down a bit to maybe 8 rounds each, with the same projected feature/sprint format.

3) Create a satellite series to AR2.0 based only in Europe. This would have a shorter calendar (perhaps around 5/6 rounds), and would be open to team managers who are without a team in the big leagues. This would be half-a-step down from the full AR2.0 series.

I'm currently leaning towards option two at the moment, since I think it's the fairest for everyone. However, I'm willing to listen to any reasonable suggestions.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Personally, I'd go for option #3. It could act as another step on the ladder, a little behind AR 2.0, and encouraging new user input is a great idea. It would become another element of interest into the game - are my drivers results in AR 2.0 Europe good enough to promote him to F3RWRS? Or do I stick with it and promote him to main AR 2.0, at the risk of bad luck and stagnation?

On another note, a North American based series might not work from a realism perspective. Given the low turnout for RL juniour leagues such as Pro Mazda and Indy Lights, perhaps there isn't the interest or the budget stateside for a North American based AR 2.0 series?

Still, although all three are good options, I'd vote #3. In my opinion, it is the most interesting of the choices, and also the one that could potentially bring the most to the canon.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

I think any additional series now is a case of 'too soon'. So i vote for 1

Also i think that drivers who hang around for too long or are too succesful should not be allowed to remain in the series.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Well, obviously I'd like to enter AR2.0 ASAP, so #1 would be an option I wouldn't mind. Though I must say I'd prefer #2, simply because of more flavour.

Although I say that I don't really see the problem. It is not like there is gonna be a huge need for young drivers in ARST, AR3.5 and ARUS - and if there is, it's because those series have too many teams.
Last edited by Klon on 21 May 2014, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

This wrote:I think any additional series now is a case of 'too soon'. So i vote for 1

Also i think that drivers who hang around for too long or are too succesful should not be allowed to remain in the series.

We already have a rule in place that says the top three in AR2.0 must not remain in the series.

Regardless, my feeling is that it's a little bit too late and that I should have implemented one of these options already. Put it this way, there's about ten drivers moving up from AR2.0 into both F3RWRS and AR3.5. Now, the problem is that we have about 15 drivers moving up from F3RWRS as well. The supply to AR3.5 is less of a problem since a few drivers alternate between it and F2RWRS since F2 appears to be the de facto F1RWRS feeder.

However, it's not hard to see that we're making a loss somewhere. By 2018, F3RWRS is going to be really screwed for drivers, and people are going to be either making new drivers and taking a hit on the performance ratings or trying to sign pre-contracts for seasons further afield. This is a problem that I'd prefer to avoid.

Hence, I don't think it's too soon. But if we wait, we're going to have an F3RWRS that's drier than the Sahara. This is why I'd like to look at it now.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

I like option 3 the best as it would allow new members and members without teams in the xRWRS series (e.g. me :P ) to be able to enter the open-wheel ladder.
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Part of that is caused by the insanely large entry lists for F3RWRS, i haven't thought of that. Forcing a few unsuccesful F3RWRS teams to revert to only one car and additionally increasing the AR2.0 grid could solve some matters on the short term.
However i didn't take into account that half of the drivers progressing trough the system, will not progress all the way. At the moment we don't have much trouble because last season most F2RWRS drivers were still first generation F2RWRSdrivers, but lot of them are now progressing, or are giving up, and the more i think about it, the more i start to see the problem.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

V8fan12 wrote:I like option 3 the best as it would allow new members and members without teams in the xRWRS series (e.g. me :P ) to be able to enter the open-wheel ladder.

Option 2 would allow you to do the same, the idea with that is that the current team owners would pick whether they'd like to enter the NA or EUR series, and then I fill out the rest of the spaces with teams from the entry list. Option 3 has entries ONLY from members who don't have an RWRS/AR3.5 team at the moment and with a reduced race schedule.

I'm going to be running both series, just for the record, because I'm a little bit of a control freak.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Ataxia wrote:
V8fan12 wrote:I like option 3 the best as it would allow new members and members without teams in the xRWRS series (e.g. me :P ) to be able to enter the open-wheel ladder.

Option 2 would allow you to do the same, the idea with that is that the current team owners would pick whether they'd like to enter the NA or EUR series, and then I fill out the rest of the spaces with teams from the entry list. Option 3 has entries ONLY from members who don't have an RWRS/AR3.5 team at the moment and with a reduced race schedule.

I'm going to be running both series, just for the record, because I'm a little bit of a control freak.

Well in that case, I don't mind either Option 2 or 3, its up to you...(though option 2 is more interesting, now that I look at it).

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

I think option 2 is the best right now but I am open to option 3 as well.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Ataxia wrote: By 2018, F3RWRS is going to be really screwed for drivers, and people are going to be either making new drivers and taking a hit on the performance ratings or trying to sign pre-contracts for seasons further afield. This is a problem that I'd prefer to avoid.

Hence, I don't think it's too soon. But if we wait, we're going to have an F3RWRS that's drier than the Sahara. This is why I'd like to look at it now.

Remind me, why don't I have a reserve list for F3RWRS? :P

I think nothing really needs to be done at the moment (lowering the grid size in F3 is a better plan anyway, and even then that's not an urgent thing right now), but if you really care then option 1 is the best way to go without being needlessly complicated (having two series that are exactly the same becomes too much to keep track of, and running a lower tier series is largely taken care of by Melrose's Driver Farm, because let's face it, everyone's already stolen the best drivers there anyway :lol: )
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
Ataxia wrote: By 2018, F3RWRS is going to be really screwed for drivers, and people are going to be either making new drivers and taking a hit on the performance ratings or trying to sign pre-contracts for seasons further afield. This is a problem that I'd prefer to avoid.

I think nothing really needs to be done at the moment (lowering the grid size in F3 is a better plan anyway, and even then that's not an urgent thing right now), but if you really care then option 1 is the best way to go without being needlessly complicated (having two series that are exactly the same becomes too much to keep track of, and running a lower tier series is largely taken care of by Melrose's Driver Farm, because let's face it, everyone's already stolen the best drivers there anyway :lol: )

Jury is still out on that one. Last I heard, the consensus was that results wouldn't count from that, as all the series is basically Wizzie's addiction to GP4 with no user involvement :P
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Okay people, I've given it some careful thought and I think that breaking AR2.0 into two is the best solution. In addition to the reasons given, I think having two calendars is certainly more interesting than just having a watered down calendar for one series. It also gives the people on the waiting list the chance to get a team now.

The way I see it is this: there's an awful lot of mid-range single-seater series but nothing to feed them. There's a bottleneck at both ends, and so having two bottom-level series should alleviate this.

Here's how it's going to work right now.

The two series will run under the same rules as of now. What I'm going to do is give the teams we currently have on the entry list the chance to pick which of the two series they want a team in. After that, I will allow those on the reserve list to pick whilst tendering new entries for teams. Numbers will be allocated on last season's finishing position, followed by waiting list order in the Europe series, and will be given out after the first pre-season test for the North America series based on the best laptimes. For example, the fastest driver will win the numbers 1 & 2 for his team, and the next fastest driver in a different team will win the 3 & 4, etc.

Anyone interested in joining up should ask to join the waiting list now to get your pick of series.

So, it's over to you guys:

AutoReject 2.0 Europe

Nurminen Racing Engineering (FIN) Nuppiz
#1 Kyösti Pykälistö (FIN)
#2 Gregg Donnelly (GBR)

DSCity Voeckler (FRA) Biscione
#3 Mineiro (BRA)
#4 Aldo Pellizotti (ITA)

Écurie Prenois pi314159
#5 Diego Pereira (POR)
#6 Sølvy Ødegård (NOR)

Ansett Australia Rosenforth (AUS) TMLW
#7 Iakopo Fuamato (SAM)
#8 Pietronella Addiks (ARU)

Team Echoften (NED) tristan1117
#9 TBA
#10 TBA

V-Sport (GBR) Shizuka
#11 Richard Taylor (GBR)
#12 Ricardo Velazquez (VEN)

Red Bull World Race Team (AUS) RonDenisDeletraz
#14 Volker Scrattenheim (GER)
#15 Arnaud Nandan (FRA)

Definitely Maybe Racing East Londoner
#16 Katie May (IRL)
#17 James Jones (GBR)

Octan Young Drivers (DEN) This
#18 Yaël De Bock (BEL)
#19 Antonio Pedretti (ITA)

Plus One Racing Engineering (GBR) pasta_maldonado
#20 Daniela Anger (SUI)
#21 Pierre St. Laurent (CAN)

Gazprom Restov Racing takagi_for_the_win
#22 Naas Botha (ZAF)
#23 Andrei Kolodin (RUS)

Vivendi EBL (BEL) go_Rubens
#24 Han Yong-Sung (NKR)
#25 J.J. Taylor (GBR)

ICE-3 Racing (GER) Rated
#26 TBA
#27 TBA

AutoReject 2.0 North America

Team Mecha Junior (INA) FMecha
#? Jimmy Hopkins (USA)
#? Pyotr Mikoyan (RUS)

People Power presents Young CR Motorsport (USA) Klon
#? Eduardo Armando (PAN)
#? Roger Ibe (PHI)

Speed Collective Racing (USA) V8fan12
#? Angelica Lopez (MEX)
#? Dakota Summers (CAN)

Onyx Racing (CAN) Onxy Wrecked
#?
#?

Falik Arrows (NGA) SuperAguri
#?
#?

Rob Lomas Racing (GBR) roblomas52
#?
#?

TBA Salamander
#?
#?

TBA MinardiFan95
#?
#?

TBA Hermann95
#?
#?

TBA captain_getz
#?
#?

TBA peteroli34
#?
#?

TBA TBA
#?
#?

TBA TBA
#?
#?
Last edited by Ataxia on 22 May 2014, 16:18, edited 8 times in total.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
the Masked Lapwing wrote:

Jury is still out on that one. Last I heard, the consensus was that results wouldn't count from that, as all the series is basically Wizzie's addiction to GP4 with no user involvement :P

Hey, it's a perfectly legitimate scheme to flood the market with average to rejectfully bad drivers from a woefully under-represented corner of the world :P

And I'm always open to one-off entries in the scrub... I mean challenge class should the entry list need them :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

As this seems like a good oppurtunity to gain a entry i would like to go on the waiting list please
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

People Power presents Young CR Motorsport (USA)
Driver 1: Eduardo Armando (Panama)
Driver 2: Roger Ibe (Philippines)
Last edited by Klon on 22 May 2014, 00:19, edited 1 time in total.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Ataxia: i suppose you are making a rule preventing drivers from driving both series?

AutoReject 2.0 Europe:
Octan Young Drivers (Den)
Driver 1: Yaël De Bock (Bel)
Driver 2: Antonio Pedretti (Ita)
Last edited by Nessafox on 22 May 2014, 02:16, edited 1 time in total.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 season - MORE URGENT NEWS FOR ALL

Post by go_Rubens »

AutoReject 2.0 Europe
Vivendi EBL
Driver 1: Han Yong-Sung (North Korea)
Driver 2: J.J. Taylor (United Kingdom)
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

This wrote:Ataxia: i suppose you are making a rule preventing drivers from driving both series?

Yeah, that's going to be a given. Drivers can swap between them, but I'm not accepting double-dutying.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Speed Collective Racing (USA)
Driver 1: Angelica Lopez (MEX)
Driver 2: Dakota Summers (CAN)

This - I will enter Angelica in the North America series, but I can offer you Antonio Pedretti, an Italian for your team if you want (he is a complete rookie).

Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

V8fan12 wrote:AutoReject 2.0 North America
Speed Collective Racing (USA)
Driver 1: Angelica Lopez (MEX)
Driver 2: Dakota Summers (CAN)

This - I will enter Angelica in the North America series, but I can offer you Antonio Pedretti, an Italian for your team if you want (he is a complete rookie).

Alright.
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

AutoReject 2.0 Europe
ICE-3 Racing (GER)
Driver 1: Lukas Zaugg (AUT) - M17
Driver 2: Júlíana Ívarsdóttir (ISL) - F16

Livery main inspiration : Marco Wittmann's DTM car.
I'm not good at finding sponsors that could go with the car, so the drivers won't bring any I guess.
Last edited by Rated on 22 May 2014, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

AutoReject 2.0 Europe
Team Echoften
Driver 1: TBA
Driver 2: TBA
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

I'm interested in joining the waiting list with Onyx Racing (CAN).

The goal is to compete in North America to develop an IndyCar feeder line.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Not sure if I am on the waiting list but Falik Arrows would like to join the American Series.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

AutoReject 2.0 Europe
Ansett Australia Rosenforth (AUS)
Driver 1: Iakopo Fuamatu (SAM)
Driver 2: Pietronella Addiks (ARU)
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

AutoReject 2.0 Europe
Plus One Racing Engineering (GBR)
Driver 1: Daniela Anger (SUI)
Driver 2:Pierre St.Laurent (CAN)
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

V-Sport would like to join the European version, with the R.Taylor-Velazquez pairing.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Auto Reject Europe.

Rob Lomas Racing (GBR)
Driver 1: Boris Pavlovic (Serbia)
Driver 2: Paul Fenech-Adami (Malta)
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

NRE will contest the European season so they can divert more funds to their new F1RWRS team. Drivers should be the same as was planned for this season anyway (on phone so can't really go into specifics).
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
FMecha

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 season - New Thread

Post by FMecha »

FMecha wrote:Team Name: Team Mecha Junior
Colour Scheme: Depending on the F1RWRS team

Main Sponsors: Depending on the F1RWRS team
First car # and personal sponsors: Jimmy Hopkins, #16, nothing yet
Second car # and personal sponsors: Pyotr Mikoyan #17, nothing yet

Just making it official :)

This entry will go to North America :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

RBWRT will join the European Series, everything all is the same
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

I'm interested in joining the waiting list for one of these series', most likely whichever series has the shorter waiting (or entry) list.
This is a cool spot.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

DSCity Voeckler will compete in the European series.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

One more thing, can all owners of completely new drivers give their drivers ages? They must be between 16 and 20 to enter this season. I have ages for all drivers who participated in the post-season RDS test, so don't worry about those.

I won't be having a team myself, but I would like to invite anyone to take on 16-year-old Carmen Alvarez Torrente. Currently a reserve for the Formula Female series, Carmen comes from a talented family of drivers and is looking to try her arm in single-seaters. All current entries will be noted, all entries on the waiting list will be added when everyone on the original AR2.0 entry list has been confirmed.

MinardiFan, SuperAguri, roblomas52, Onxy Wrecked and peteroli34, you guys will be added to the waiting list (and are guaranteed an entry when I've tendered the current AR2.0 entries).
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Écurie Prenois will compete in AutoReject 2.0 Europe
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Restov will compete in the European series.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

i would like to join the waiting list please :)

EDIT: I just had an idea: you could make a NC race at the end of the season where only the top drivers from each series(Europe and North America) get an entry. This could help people to compare drivers from the different series.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Hermann95 wrote:i would like to join the waiting list please :)

EDIT: I just had an idea: you could make a NC race at the end of the season where only the top drivers from each series(Europe and North America) get an entry. This could help people to compare drivers from the different series.

Yeah, that seems like a reasonable idea. I'll stick it on neutral territory to make it fair, and each team can bring along one driver so we get 26 cars as per usual.