2017 AutoReject 2.0 Europe - Sakhir Post-Season Test Result

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 Europe season - SOON.

Post by Ataxia »

AUTOREJECT 2.0 EUROPE ROUND 1 - CIRCUITO RICARDO TORMO, VALENCIA

FEATURE RACE QUALIFYING

http://www.formularejects.com/uploader/ ... R1Grid.png

FEATURE RACE / 20 LAPS'

Battles galore in the first real AR2.0 race as Iakopo Fuamatu drew first blood in 2017 and pipped Mineiro to the race win. The two dueled hard for the win, as Volker Scrattenheim, Diego Pereira and Naas Botha made cameos in the battle up front. Further down, Katie May and James Jones were causing looks of panic on the DMR pit wall as they fought hard against each other for almost the whole race. Daniela Anger more than made up for a disappointing qualifying as she made up ten places on her way to fifth, as polesitter Han Yong-Sung went the other way and slipped down the pecking order dramatically. At the back, JJ Taylor spent most of the race a lap down, although the Brit was doing qualifying laps by the end to try and catch back up to the Echoften of Garrett Bell. For tomorrow, Michela Martin claimed reverse grid pole as she had to fight off Gregg Donnelly, Solvy Odegard and Kyosti Pykalisto for 10th; Ricardo Velazquez and Aldo Pellizotti also joined that battle, but both suffered problems when they were close to making a move on the Plus One driver.

RESULTS

SPRINT RACE GRID

Code: Select all

1. Michela Martin
2. Yael De Bock
3. Naas Botha
4. James Jones
5. Katie May
6. Daniela Anger
7. Diego Pereira
8. Volker Scrattenheim
9. Mineiro
10. Iakopo Fuamatu
11. Gregg Donnelly
12. Kyosti Pykalisto
13. Skye Summers
14. Lukas Zaugg
15. Andrei Kolodin
16. Solvy Odegard
17. Han Yong-Sung
18. Richard Taylor
19. Juliana Ivarsdottir
20. Pietronella Addiks
21. Arnaud Nandan
22. Antonio Pedretti
23. Garrett Bell
24. JJ Taylor
25. Aldo Pellizotti
26. Ricardo Velazquez

SPRINT RACE / 12 LAPS

A fast, frenetic sprint race condensed some great overtakes and racing into 20 minutes, and Diego Pereira emerged from the pile as the victor. Although Martin held first at the start, De Bock managed to pass her in the first couple of laps. However, both front runners' pace dropped off, and they soon found themselves in an increasingly congested midfield pack as it was down to Botha, May and Pereira to fight for the lead. May pushed Pereira all the way, but the Portuguese driver held on to record his first win of the year, setting the fastest lap in the meantime. Fuamatu and Mineiro continued their fight from yesterday, and the Samoan emerged victorious once again. Martin recovered to take the final point, but had to fight Donnelly, De Bock, Scrattenheim, Odegard AND Zaugg for it. Skye Summers showed impressive pace again, but her brakes failed whilst she also looked for some points to go home with.

RESULTS
Last edited by Ataxia on 25 Sep 2014, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
RonDenisDeletraz

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 Europe - R1: Valencia - FEATURE RACE

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Volker Scrattenheim wrote:Was car of very fast for good race today. It is 3rd place for me to be. Good Racing.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Londoner

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 Europe - R1: Valencia - FEATURE RACE

Post by Londoner »

Katie May wrote:Whoo, that was a great race. Battling hard with the team mate, heaps of fun. Bring on the sprint race. :D
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 Europe - R1: Valencia Races - page 4

Post by Ataxia »

Both race results are up. Standings are available here.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

In Toto Wolff's voice: absolutely unacceptable :D

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Michela Martin after being approached for a Post-Race Quote wrote:Oh, wha? Oh. (deep inhale, then a long and trailing sigh) Uuuuuhhhhhhhhh yeah, It was allright. I mean I really wanted to get a skin tan for the first time, like, ever, but noo the team had me do extra work to help the hurt guy I guess I'm replacing for the while...? Have I met who I'm replacing? What was his name again? I dunno, anyways, they were nice to me and stuff after the second race. Soo, yeah I guess I can't wait to race this car some more and get back into that little Lupo.

No über push or bury for Martin, this is odd.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AUTOREJECT 2.0 EUROPE ROUND 2 - CIRCUIT DE NEVERS MAGNY-COURS, FRANCE

FEATURE RACE QUALIFYING

http://formularejects.com/uploader/repo ... R2Grid.png

FEATURE RACE / 19 LAPS

A hectic race at Magny-Cours saw a congested mid-pack, but Mineiro was peerless today as he romped to notch up a home win for DSCity Voeckler. The only trouble the Brazilian had to deal with was Juliana Ivarsdottir, who refused to allow the Voeckler through despite a gearbox issue and a number of blue flags. This earned her a trip to the stewards. A race-long battle between Naas Botha and Katie May was the standout action; the two dueled hard for 2nd, and the Restov of Botha edged ahead of May's DMR come the end of the race. At one point the entire midfield pack between 7th and 18th were bunched up within a few metres, and Andrei Kolodin kept his nose clean in amongst the chaos to make it a double-points finish for Restov. The real winners of the day were those with seats by the Adelaide hairpin; the overtaking at that corner easily reached double-figures as drivers made haste to get their noses in front before the circuit got tighter. A real classic, this one.

RESULTS

Penalties:

Juliana Ivarsdottir, #27, will start from last for the sprint race for her actions in blocking Mineiro, #3, despite blue flags being waved. She will also receive a first warning.

Note: three warnings will result in a one-race ban.

SPRINT RACE GRID

1) K. Pykalisto
2) V. Scrattenheim
3) I. Fuamatu
4) A. Kolodin
5) S. Odegard
6) G. Donnelly
7) J. Jones
8) K. May
9) N. Botha
10) Mineiro
11) M. Martin
12) D. Pereira
13) R. Velazquez
14) J. Taylor
15) A. Pellizotti
16) G. Bell
17) A. Nandan
18) Y. De Bock
19) R. Taylor
20) P. Addiks
21) S. Summers
22) L. Zaugg
23) D. Anger
24) A. Pedretti
25) H. Yong-Sung
26) J. Ivarsdottir

SPRINT RACE / 12 LAPS

This race started a little more slowly than the last one, save for Fuamatu and Scrattenheim executing a pincer movement on Pykalisto at the start to perfection, but after four laps things really started heat up. Fuamatu had the lead for the majority of the race, but an ambitious move from Red Bull's Scrattenheim at the Adelaide hairpin saw the Samoan lose the lead on the final lap. James Jones followed the front two home for a podium. Pykalisto had taken reverse grid pole, but a brake failure saw the usually frosty Finn lose his cool as his NRE veered into the gravel and beached itself. A fantastic intra-team battle between the Voecklers saw Pellizotti finally find the pace to match Mineiro, but the winner of race one was unable to fight back as he pulled into the pits with a terminal gearbox failure. Down the field was madness; the cars from 6th downwards again clustered up into one big pack, and Diego Pereira and Ricardo Velazquez were the big winners as they picked their way through the chaos to claim some vital points.

RESULTS
Last edited by Ataxia on 18 Oct 2014, 17:55, edited 1 time in total.
V8fan12

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 Europe - R2: Magny-Cours Feature

Post by V8fan12 »

What happened to Summers? 8th to 25th in 4 laps. Did she crash? :P
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 Europe - R2: Magny-Cours Feature

Post by Ataxia »

V8fan12 wrote:What happened to Summers? 8th to 25th in 4 laps. Did she crash? :P

She had to pit for some reason, she was doing a great job until that point.
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 Europe - R2: Magny-Cours Races

Post by Ataxia »

Results for Round 2 are all a couple of posts above. Standings are here.
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 Europe - R2: Magny-Cours Races

Post by Ataxia »

AUTOREJECT 2.0 EUROPE ROUND 3 - RED BULL RING, AUSTRIA

FEATURE QUALIFYING

http://www.formularejects.com/uploader/ ... R3Grid.png

FEATURE RACE // 20 LAPS

This was a race that promised much and delivered even more. Amazingly, none of the front three on the grid scores points, as Katie May fell victim to a dodgy engine whilst Han Yong-Sung and Yael De Bock made contact early and had to pit. It was quite early on then, where Velazquez and Ivarsdottir duked it out for the lead of the race. It was also early on that Iakopo Fuamatu muscled past everyone he could lay eyes on, and the Samoan dispatched both quickly on lap 7. Velazquez stayed up top, but Ivarsdottir elected to save tyres and dropped back into the lower reaches of the points in the hope of a later push.

Around this time, Michela Martin brought herself into play with some inch-perfect passes to boost her chances of a good finish; the part-time Lupo driver was hired by Plus One to cover for the injured Pierre St. Laurent, and she even put her name out for a full-time drive as she looked to have really got to grips with the AR2.0 machinery. Later, she would join the battle for the lead, and there were multiple changes of position as each driver had their strongest corners. Scrattenheim and Pykalisto were behind, but never really threatened the front three. By the last lap, the crowd had been so treated to a thrilling battle at the front that they'd completely missed a sterling drive from Solvy Odegard. The Norwegian had dispatched Pykalisto, Velazquez and Scrattenheim at the start of the lap, and calmy positioned her Prenois car down the inside of Fuamatu at Rindt to snatch a hard-earned 2nd place. Although she had hopes of catching Martin before the chequered flag, the Plus One driver held on to take her first AR2.0 victory. Fuamatu joined them on the podium, visibly disappointed.

RESULTS

Penalties

Skye Summers, #9, will start from the back of grid at the Austrian sprint race for unwarranted contact with Mineiro, #3. She will also receive an official warning.

The incident between De Bock, #18, and Yong-Sung, #24, was deemed as a racing incident.

SPRINT RACE GRID

1. D Pereira
2. D Anger
3. A Kolodin
4. J Ivarsdottir
5. V Scrattenheim
6. R Velazquez
7. K Pykalisto
8. I Fuamatu
9. S Odegard
10. M Martin
11. L Zaugg
12. J Jones
13. J Taylor
14. A Nandan
15. P Addiks
16. H Yong-Sung
17. R Taylor
18. A Pellizotti
19. N Botha
20. Y De Bock
21. G Donnelly
22. Mineiro
23. G Bell
24. A Pedretti
25. K May
26. S Summers

SPRINT RACE // 14 LAPS

The Red Bull Ring crowd were treated to another good battle for the lead, and despite fact Diego Pereira lead for the majority of the race he couldn't convert his reverse grid pole. He saw off efforts from Scrattenheim and Kolodin early on, the latter with a lovely move into The Corner Formerly Known As Lauda at one point. Pereira settled down in the middle part, and towards the end had a rapid Daniela Anger to fight with. Pereira looked to have the win sealed, but Anger tried a very opportunistic move into the final corner and dived down the inside. It worked. Plus One were treated to both wins at Austria, as Anger secured her first win of the season. Diego Pereira took a consolatory 2nd, although the Portuguese driver was visibly annoyed with himself. The last space on the podium was occupied by James Jones, who drove cleanly and calmly to sneak through the pack.

RESULTS

Penalties

Antonio Pedretti, #19, and JJ Taylor, #25, were found guilty of blocking multiple drivers during the race. Both have received one warning for their conduct.

Warnings:
Juliana Ivarsdottir - 1
Skye Summers - 1
Antonio Pedretti - 1
JJ Taylor - 1
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 Europe - R3: Red Bull Ring (F&S up)

Post by Rated »

Júlíana Ívarsdóttir wrote:I have mixed feelings about this weekend. On one hand, I got a top 5 in qualifying, points in the race... Sadly it didn't work as scheduled, in the feature race, I wanted to save my tyres for the final laps. However, when it was time to attack again, I couldn't make my tyres work like I wished to. The sprint race was just plain bad luck, I was blocked and lost many positions. There are some positive points in all that, as well as a few regrets.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

O Globo wrote:Minerio rues bad luck at Spielberg

AutoReject 2.0 frontrunner Mineiro is still optimistic about his title chances, despite a horror weekend in Austria that saw him finish outside the Top 10 in both races, only taking 1 point all weekend for fastest lap in the sprint race.

"The results were bad, but at least it was not because of a lack of speed," said Mineiro. "I was blocked badly in qualifying, which meant I was stuck at the back. I had climbed into the Top 10 in the feature before Summers lost her head and rammed into me, breaking the car too much to continue without changing the rear wing."

"Still the pace was there in the sprint, but it's a shorter race, even with gaining 11 positions and setting the fastest lap, it wasn't possible to make it into the points. The gap now to [Iakopo] Fuamatu now is about 12 points or something like that, which if I continue this pace, without the bad luck like this weekend, I can recover from."

Mineiro was double dutying at Austria, also filling in for the injured Tomas Suomanen at Ecurie Prenois' AR 3.5 team. Some have suggested the doubling of effort distracted the Brazilian, but he disagreed.

"Doing both events didn't reduce my focus on either," he said. "I was well inside the Top 10 on my first outing, even though I'd never driven the 3.5 car before this weekend. It's a big step up in pace, but it wasn't too difficult to adapt. It was pretty easy to deal with racing both cars in one weekend, it's just the team was incredibly unlucky in 2.0 this weekend. That's all it really was, we got compromised by things out of our control. On a normal weekend the performance we did would have led to the podium, I'm certain."

His cameo in 3.5 over, Mineiro's next outing is in Italy, where he continues his quest for the 2.0 Europe title.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Updated standings are here!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AUTOREJECT 2.0 EUROPE ROUND 4 - VALLELUNGA, ITALY

FEATURE RACE GRID

http://www.formularejects.com/uploader/ ... r4Grid.png

FEATURE RACE // 21 LAPS

Lukas Zaugg took an incredibly well deserved win at Vallelunga having started from pole. However, he almost came off second best.

Zaugg led every race at the Italian circuit, holding off the advances of Mineiro at the start. With Mineiro scrapping with Botha, Zaugg was able to pull out a bit of a lead, which he kept for some time. Naas Botha was never quick enough to challenge the ICE-3 driver, and instead fell into the clutches of Katie May who passed the Restov on lap 16. With five laps left, May tucked in to Zaugg's 14-second lead and with one lap left she was right behind the Austrian. Zaugg, however, was clever in his defense. He parked the car on the apex each time, maintaining the gap and even pulling ahead very slightly. It was obvious that the DMR was much faster, but Zaugg was absolutely flawless and deserved his win. Botha stayed 3rd, and his team-mate Andrei Kolodin capped off an excellent day for Restov as they took a well-deserved 3-4 result.

Pierre St. Laurent returned to racing today having returned from injury. However, the Plus One package didn't seem to suit Vallelunga as the Canadian finished a lowly 20th, three places behind team-mate Daniela Anger.

RESULTS

SPRINT RACE GRID

1. I Fuamatu
2. R Velazquez
3. S Summers
4. J Jones
5. Mineiro
6. Y de Bock
7. A Kolodin
8. N Botha
9. K May
10. L Zaugg
11. S Odegard
12. G Donnelly
13. D Pereira
14. A Nandan
15. H Yong-Sung
16. V Scrattenheim
17. D Anger
18. J Taylor
19. A Pellizotti
20. P St. Laurent
21. J Ivarsdottir
22. R Taylor
23. K Pykalisto
24. P Addiks
25. G Bell
26. A Pedretti

SPRINT RACE // 14 LAPS

A manic sprint race saw Iakopo Fuamatu lose the lead and then proceed to regain it late on, despite an onslaught from James Jones at the death. Fuamatu saw fights from Mineiro, Velazquez and Botha, but the Samoan came out on top to extend his championship advantage. Mineiro, for the second weekend in a row, lost his rear wing in a tussle with Ricardo Velazquez for 4th which will see the Venezuelan take a ten-second penalty and remove his points for the race. Notable charges came from Daniela Anger, who salvaged some points for Plus One, and Volker Scrattenheim who keeps his nose in the championship battle.

RESULTS

Penalties

R. Velazquez, #12, has been provided with a warning and a ten-second penalty to be added to his overall race time after causing Mineiro, #3, to lose his rear wing and thus retirement from the race. This moves him down to 14th meaning J. Ivarsdottir, #27, will assume the final points-scoring place.

Warnings:
Juliana Ivarsdottir - 1
Skye Summers - 1
Antonio Pedretti - 1
JJ Taylor - 1
Ricardo Velazquez - 1
Last edited by Ataxia on 28 Nov 2014, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 Europe - R4: Vallelunga

Post by Nessafox »

Well, i don't dump drivers too often, but seriously, Pedretti is the slowest driver ever. I'm sorry to say this to his management, but his career is never going to get anywhere.
Now, it can't be too hard to find a driver who is a little better, right?
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Mineiro wrote:I'm frustrated. Time and time agian my races are ruined by mindless idiots that have no place on a racetrack, slamming into my car and forcing me to retire. I've fallen way behind Fuamatu in the title race, when my performances have been on a par with his. It's really disappointing, but I can't win the championship when these morons won't stop hitting me.

Image Image
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

This wrote:Well, i don't dump drivers too often, but seriously, Pedretti is the slowest driver ever. I'm sorry to say this to his management, but his career is never going to get anywhere.
Now, it can't be too hard to find a driver who is a little better, right?

I'm okay with that and you are right he is very useless! Consider him gone from OYD! :P

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Well, I need faster drivers. Or more consistent ones. Maybe both?

Han is fast, but too inconsistent and erratic. Seriously, dropping 12 places in the race after starting third?

Taylor is just slow. Maybe I'll be seeking some better drivers soon.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

As i only have 4 active drivers in the formulae, and one of them is going to retire this season, it might be time to create a new driver.
Enter Belgian Kenny Rosseels. Born in 2000 as Kelly. Yes, you people might have seen it coming for a while now: a transgendered driver. And this time not for the joke of it. He really wants to prove his bullies wrong by becoming a kick-ass racing driver. Because of his supportive parents, he had the chance to drive go-karts, altough his results were sub-top at best, his material was seriously outdated, so that was actually impressive. Octan YD and RonDen RE were impressed by his spirit.

Octan YD offers Pedretti a chance to stay with the team though, as our current janitor is about to retire.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

This wrote:As i only have 4 active drivers in the formulae, and one of them is going to retire this season, it might be time to create a new driver.
Enter Belgian Kenny Rosseels. Born in 2000 as Kelly. Yes, you people might have seen it coming for a while now: a transgendered driver. And this time not for the joke of it. He really wants to prove his bullies wrong by becoming a kick-ass racing driver. Because of his supportive parents, he had the chance to drive go-karts, altough his results were sub-top at best, his material was seriously outdated, so that was actually impressive. Octan YD and RonDen RE were impressed by his spirit.

Octan YD offers Pedretti a chance to stay with the team though, as our current janitor is about to retire.

So I'll be taking off the old Pedretti sponsors...want anything in particular on Rosseels' car?

Updated standings here.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Unfortunately, Aldo Pellizotti has somewhat fallen short of expectation. Given he brings no finances to the team, and is not currently justifying his position on the team based on results (there are many first year drivers well ahead of him in the championship), Voeckler GPE feels it has no reasonable option left than to release Aldo from his contract.

Sofia Bonaventura, formerly of PDVSA Academy in CRL, will fill his position for the rest of the season.

Image Image
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

16 year old Dutchwoman Marjolein Postma (Biscione) will make her AR2.0 Europe debut at Vivendi EBL replacing JJ Taylor.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

This wrote:Octan YD offers Pedretti a chance to stay with the team though, as our current janitor is about to retire.

Pedretti would be honoured to continue with the team as their janitor :D

Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Ataxia wrote:
This wrote:As i only have 4 active drivers in the formulae, and one of them is going to retire this season, it might be time to create a new driver.

So I'll be taking off the old Pedretti sponsors...want anything in particular on Rosseels' car?

Updated standings here.

Yeah, some skate stuff like Roces, DC Shoe company and Eastpak.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Botha's always there or thereabout and Kolodin's proving himself to be not as much of a stooge as I originally thought. Huzzah! :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

This wrote:Yeah, some skate stuff like Roces, DC Shoe company and Eastpak.

Here we go, along with Postma's Vivendi machine (didn't bother taking a picture of Bonaventura's because I only stuck PDVSA on the rear wing).

Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

Very pleased by Zaugg's performance at Vallelunga. Hopefully he'll try to do that again later in the season.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Autosport wrote:Restov AR 2.0 team purchased; rechristened as Driver Performance Laboratory

The AutoReject 2.0 arm of the now-defunct Restov Racing team will form the basis for a new collaborative venture between Danforth Bioscience and the Commonwealth Group, operating under the name of "Driver Performance Laboratory".

"Driver development has been a field of research that our racing divisions have traditionally under-invested in," said a Commonwealth spokesman to AUTOSPORT. "We'd like to rectify that with the creation of this new project wholly dedicated to optimizing and maximizing both driver potential and performance. Together with a tremendously capable partner in Danforth Bioscience, we feel that DPL will certainly be capable of realizing its primary objective of both constructing a more holistic understanding of the capabilities of the human body, and to stretch those capabilities to known physiological limits and beyond."

DPL to keep both Restov drivers for the remainder of the year

Though the sudden and unexpected withdrawal of Restov from all racing activities created a considerable amount of uncertainty over the careers of their affiliated drivers, both Naas Botha and Andrei Kolodin seem to have gained a reprieve from the incoming management team.

"Naas and Andrei have performed at a very high level throughout the course of this season. We are very pleased to have both of them stay on for the rest of the year and depending on what they decide to do with respect to their futures, to continue to work with them in the years to come."
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AUTOREJECT 2.0 EUROPE ROUND 5 - OULTON PARK, UNITED KINGDOM

FEATURE RACE GRID

http://simresults.net/141227-W7U

FEATURE RACE // 19 LAPS

After a few disappointing rounds, Mineiro reignited his championship aspirations as he took a well-earned win at Oulton Park. The Brazilian had carved his way through the likes of May, Odegard and St. Laurent and was about to begin a battle with Iakopo Fuamatu and Naas Botha for the lead of the race. However, the front pair did all the work for Mineiro; Botha outbraked himself into Cascades Corner and ended up spearing into the back of Fuamatu; removing the Samoan's rear wing. Mineiro breezed past the tangling twosome and held the lead from then on. Botha earned himself a trip to the stewards on the back of this incident, whilst Fuamatu joined him as he didn't pit immediately after the incident and instead decided to hold people up. Katie May offered the sternest challenge to Mineiro's lead at the end; the DMR driver had eaten at the lead slowly and began to hustle the Brazilian for every quarter...but Mineiro held on to claim the top step of the podium. May took 2nd, as Solvy Odegard drove a relatively lonely second-half of the race to claim 3rd. Special mentions to Marjolein Postma and Sofia Bonaventura, who both claimed points on their debuts.

RESULTS

Penalties

N. Botha, #22, has been provided with a warning for making avoidable contact with I. Fuamatu, #7.

I. Fuamatu, #7, has been provided with a warning for neglecting to pit on the lap he sustained considerable damage, blocking the rest of field.

D. Anger, #20, has been provided with a warning for re-entering the track in an unsafe manner after losing control of her car, making contact with P. Addiks, #8.

SPRINT RACE GRID

1. S Summers
2. S Bonaventura
3. J Jones
4. M Postma
5. V Scrattenheim
6. P St. Laurent
7. R Velazquez
8. S Odegard
9. K May
10. Mineiro
11. D Pereira
12. K Rosseels
13. Y de Bock
14. K Pykalisto
15. A Nandan
16. G Bell
17. J Ivarsdottir
18. N Botha
19. P Addiks
20. G Donnelly
21. D Anger
22. I Fuamatu
23. R Taylor
24. A Kolodin
25. L Zaugg
26. H Yong-Sung

SPRINT RACE // 12 LAPS

Since the feature/sprint format was introduced, nobody has yet managed to win both races on a weekend. This was until now, as Mineiro did the double at Oulton Park having carved through the field. Skye Summers took the early advantage ahead of Sofia Bonaventura, but the Venezuelan had a huge accident at the hairpin, launching into the air. Luckily, she emerged unscathed and after a quick trip to the medical centre was able to join her team in the celebrations. Summers managed to hang onto the lead for a while longer, but Pierre St. Laurent managed to reel her in like a stunned salmon and passed her with minimal effort. The Echoften driver dropped off the pace, and was easy pickings for Mineiro, who had not long passed Volker Scrattenheim for 3rd. On the penultimate lap, we were treated to a Mineiro-St. Laurent battle that we were promised before the latter sustained injury in FRENCH over the winter. Mineiro, brimming with confidence, won out and despite a late onslaught from the Canadian came down the hill the victor.

RESULTS

Warnings:
Juliana Ivarsdottir - 1
Skye Summers - 1
Antonio Pedretti - 1
JJ Taylor - 1
Ricardo Velazquez - 1
Iakopo Fuamatu - 1
Naas Botha - 1
Daniela Anger - 1
Last edited by Ataxia on 29 Dec 2014, 21:05, edited 1 time in total.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 Europe - R5: Oulton Park (FEA)

Post by Nessafox »

A big improvement. Nice debut for Rosseels, and finally De Bock has some pressure.
DemocalypseNow

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 Europe - R5: Oulton Park (FEA & SPR!

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Voeckler Talent Troupe Round-up - Oulton Park 2.0E

Mineiro
"The car has felt this good for a while now, but always something got in our way. Finally today we had two clean races in a row, and the results to match our performance finally came. I'm happy to be leading the championship again, but we need more weekends like these, where we don't get taken out in silly little incidents by other people, if we are to win the championship this year."

Marjolein Postma
"For sure today was a great day! It's always difficult to come into a new series in mid-season, with no testing and so on, but to finish twice in the Top 8 in the first weekend, with such a competitive field, I am very happy. Vivendi EBL had a tough start to the year, but I think today we both turned a corner, and hopefully we will grow more this season and maybe break the Top 5 before the year is over.

Sofia Bonaventura
"The first race went okay, but I made a silly mistake in the sprint. The cars behave a lot differently to the CRL machines, maybe with some more seat time I will become a bit more comfortable with the different handling characteristic. This was always a possibility with no seat-time before this weekend. I will try my best now to get more points for the team this season, and hopefully with better preperation in pre-season I can be at the front in 2018."

Image Image
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Unless I missed something this is the first post of 2015
Biscione wrote:
Voeckler Talent Troupe Round-up - Oulton Park 2.0E

Mineiro
"The car has felt this good for a while now, but always something got in our way. Finally today we had two clean races in a row, and the results to match our performance finally came. I'm happy to be leading the championship again, but we need more weekends like these, where we don't get taken out in silly little incidents by other people, if we are to win the championship this year."

Marjolein Postma
"For sure today was a great day! It's always difficult to come into a new series in mid-season, with no testing and so on, but to finish twice in the Top 8 in the first weekend, with such a competitive field, I am very happy. Vivendi EBL had a tough start to the year, but I think today we both turned a corner, and hopefully we will grow more this season and maybe break the Top 5 before the year is over.

Sofia Bonaventura
"The first race went okay, but I made a silly mistake in the sprint. The cars behave a lot differently to the CRL machines, maybe with some more seat time I will become a bit more comfortable with the different handling characteristic. This was always a possibility with no seat-time before this weekend. I will try my best now to get more points for the team this season, and hopefully with better preperation in pre-season I can be at the front in 2018."
Officially Retired
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

HawkAussie wrote:Unless I missed something this is the first post of 2015
Biscione wrote:

You missed the fact that where Biscione lives, it wasn't 2015 yet. But as this an Australian forum, it counts.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AUTOREJECT 2.0 EUROPE ROUND 6 - CIRCUIT PARK ZANDVOORT, NETHERLANDS

FEATURE RACE GRID

http://simresults.net/150116-0XC

FEATURE RACE // 22 LAPS

Zandvoort threw up an exciting race, which ultimately saw polesitter Daniela Anger claim her second race win of 2017. She had to fight off both Han Yong-Sung and Marjolein Postma at the start, but after Yong-Sung threw his usual wobbly which saw him relegated to the middle of the pack, Anger was able to create a bit of space. In the second half of the race, it was all about holding off Gregg Donnelly; although the son of "The Pieman" was hungry for the win, Anger got her just desserts as she swept across the line. Donnelly can be proud of having what was the overtake of the race, as he placed his car down the inside of Postma at Hugenholtzbocht, before deciding to give it some gas and pass Yael De Bock in the same move. Mineiro claimed a hard-earned third; although the Brazilian was within touching distance of the front two, the Brazilian decided to wisely play the margins since his main rivals were a way behind him. The only retiree was Naas Botha, who span in front of Juliana Ivarsdottir at the turn 10/11 chicane, tried to recover and hit the wall on the other side of the circuit to take off a wheel. This gives the new Driver Performance Laboratory team a lot of work to do.

RESULTS

SPRINT RACE GRID

1. M Postma
2. S Bonaventura
3. I Fuamatu
4. V Scrattenheim
5. Y De Bock
6. P St. Laurent
7. J Jones
8. Mineiro
9. G Donnelly
10. D Anger
11. D Pereira
12. K Pykalisto
13. S Odegard
14. H Yong-Sung
15. R Taylor
16. L Zaugg
17. J Ivarsdottir
18. S Summers
19. K May
20. G Bell
21. K Rosseels
22. R Velazquez
23. P Addiks
24. A Nandan
25. A Kolodin
26. N Botha

SPRINT RACE // 14 LAPS

Iakopo Fuamatu reduced the championship deficit to just 12 points after winning the sprint race at Zandvoort, whilst Mineiro had to make a pitstop to replace a broken front wing. As front row pair Postma and Bonaventura - both recent additions to the grid - battled it out for the lead, Fuamatu used his experience to make the difference and pass them both before riding off into the sunset. Postma and Bonaventura dropped off slightly, but the latter recovered at the end to retake 2nd position after the previous incumbent Pierre St. Laurent confounded spectators by sustaining a massive shunt, but somehow the car remained intact and the Canadian rescued 8th place. Daniela Anger continued her good form by taking a strong 3rd place.

RESULTS

Penalties: None.
Last edited by Ataxia on 18 Jan 2015, 21:25, edited 2 times in total.
go_Rubens

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 Europe - R6: Zandvoort (FEA)

Post by go_Rubens »

Bernard Leclercq wrote:Well, for once there was a solid team effort, but while the qualifying went well, the race not as much. Marjolein seems to be a great aspiring talent, and since it's her second race at this level, and still very young, we're not too concerned about her. She'll improve over time. Han isn't to great. He got a pole this season, but sank. To be honest, I never expected much different. Sooner rather than later, he will be replaced by someone else. So, speaking of expectations, we pretty much exceeded them. However, we now want more.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

mrfakeboullier

Post by mrfakeboullier »

May I go on the waiting list please?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

mrfakeboullier wrote:May I go on the waiting list please?

Yep, added.
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 Europe - R6: Zandvoort (FEA+SPR!)

Post by Rated »

Rejectsport.com wrote:ICE-3 Racing confirms AR2.0E 2018 lineup

Following AR2.0E's Zandvoort weekend, ICE-3 Racing have confirmed that they would retain Lukas Zaugg and Júlíana Ívarsdóttir in their AR2.0 team for 2018. Lennart König said he had taken this decision a few weeks back already. The team principal also believe his drivers have shown potential this season, and should be scoring points on a regular basis next year. 2018 could be decisive for Zaugg and Ívarsdóttir as ICE-3 Racing is rumored to enter AR3.5 next year or on 2019 at the lastest, they will need to show König that they are serious candidates for a seat.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
RonDenisDeletraz

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 Europe - R6: Zandvoort (FEA+SPR!)

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Volker Scrattenheim wrote:Consistent point speed is good, freedom and success
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.