Get Ready for... The EricssonEra!

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Jocke1

Get Ready for... The EricssonEra!

Post by Jocke1 »

or Get Ready for... The EricssonEra!

eytl wrote:Autosport also reporting that Caterham will announce their drivers today and that Pic is definitely leaving the team.

P.S. 1,049th post. Just sayin' ... :twisted:

Coincidence? I think not. It has been professed since the dawn of time. It is the 21st today, Enoch was born on 2.1

Enoch has cunningly conjured up one of the most violent storms in Valhalla history, waking up the Norse Gods who have been sleeping there for ages.
They woke up on this Tuesday the 21st and Odin, the chief of the Aesir gods, has seen on Earth a sport called Formula 1, that already has Danes and Finns competing. The English name for 'Tuesday' is derived from Old English Tiwesdaeg and Middle English Tewesday, meaning Tiw's Day, the day of Tiw or Tyr, the God of single combat, victory and heroic glory in Norse mythology.

So Odin, the ruler of Asgard, the home of the Gods, commanded this morning Thor the God of thunder, to strike with his hammer Mjolnir a dark foreboding cloud, as big as Iceland, in order to from it send down lightning bolts into the head of Caterham Team Principal Cyril Abiteboul, lightning bolts filled with messages of the "Need for a Swede."

Now, Odin would do anything for wisdom, and once sacrificed his eye for total knowledge.
It is not yet known what Cyril Abiteboul has sacrificed in order to get Ericsson The Viking.

The Vikings believed that the world as we know it one day would end, they called this day Ragnarok.
Ragnarok is the doom of the Gods and the humans on Earth. It was believed it would be the final battle between the Aesir and Jotuns. And that the battle would take place on the Vigrid plains.

But what if they had it all wrong? Maybe they misinterpreted the future?
Perhaps the final battle is really between Caterham and Marussia in 2014? And the battle will take place on the last nineteen circuits Formula 1 will ever visit, before Ragnarok is upon us.
Only the brave and the bold will have the courage to stay and find out. Many will not, and run into hiding, flee into the wastelands and wither, or in modern tounge 'the suburbs'.

Surely Marcus is a descendant of Leif Ericsson?, the Norse explorer regarded as the first European to land in North America (excluding Greenland), nearly 500 years before Christopher Columbus.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leif_Ericsson
Last edited by Jocke1 on 23 Jan 2014, 18:40, edited 1 time in total.
-*:-
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Get Ready for... The EricssonEcstasy!

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Jocke1 wrote: Surely Marcus is a descendant of Leif Ericsson?, the Norse explorer regarded as the first European to land in North America (excluding Greenland), nearly 500 years before Christopher Columbus.

Lief Ericsson Day?

Well it's either that or to pray to the Swedish great Johnansson, who mya or may not be a scret relative to a Hollywood actor...
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

I don't know really. EricssonEcstasy doesn't sound well as ChiltonCraze.
girry

Post by girry »

We only need a Bianchi thread anymore and then we're complete.
when you're dead people start listening
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

"This is a very proud day for me and everyone who has helped make my F1 dream come true", said Ericsson, who will be the first Swede to race in F1 since Stefan Johansson in 1991.

"I'll be making the step up to F1 with Caterham F1 Team in 2014 and I'm already excited about the season ahead, and the first race in Australia in particular."

"It's obviously great for Sweden that we'll have a Swedish driver back on the grid in 2014. This is what I've been working for since I first started racing karts back when I was nine years old, and now I know I'm ready for the step up to F1."

"Caterham is a young team and together we can take on the challenges the new rules will present in 2014 - learning together and continuing to develop as the season progresses."

Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

giraurd wrote:We only need a Bianchi thread anymore and then we're complete.

BianchiBoom? I suggested TeixeiraTrend once but no one was interested. :cry:

It's great to see a Swedish driver get an F1 seat. After Johansson, there have been a few promising drivers (Wirdheim, Bräck) but they were overlooked. More deserving of a seat than Kovalainen who has already been given a second chance several times.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Meatwad wrote:

It's great to see a Swedish driver get an F1 seat. After Johansson, there have been a few promising drivers (Wirdheim, Bräck) but they were overlooked. More deserving of a seat than Kovalainen who has already been given a second chance several times.
The BianchiBinge!

Thing is, Bianchi doesn't 'feel' like a Reject. At least to me. Chilton and Ericsson do feel like proper Rejects.

And as for your mention of Kenny Brack, he wasn't really overlooked.
He had an Arrows race seat pretty much sewn up, but he chose to leave Formula 1, not the other way around.

He got to test the Williams in 1994 and was fastest. But that didn't open any doors.

He went to Int. F3000 and won several races, almost the championship.
After that he got 3 more test driver contract offerings.
First one was with McLaren, and it was Keke Rosberg who helped Brack get that deal.
But Brack declined it, because he thought McLaren already had 2 strong drivers and that he would never get a race seat in that team.

The second team was Benetton, and Brack flew over to London to meet with Flavio, but apparently Brack "was not impressed with Flav's business methods" and chose to terminate relations.

The third offering came from Walkinshaw, who at this time was going through the purchase of Ligier.
Brack liked this deal, because Ligier didn't have successful drivers (according to Brack), and Walkinshaw was involved with Volvo, as was Brack.

Brack, though, was unsure of which of these 3 offers to choose from, so he went to an old woman in Norway who was a fortune teller, to ask what he should do.
She had helped him previously in life, with things turning out to be true for him. *no joke*

He described his dealings with McLaren, Benetton and Ligier, and she said she saw three things in Brack's future:
Milk, Great Oceans, and Success.

The teams began to put pressure on Brack for a decision, and Brack flew to the U.K. once more, accompanied by his then manager Eje Elgh,
who by the way apparently has been a Manager of sorts and instrumental in Ericsson signing with Caterham, too.

While Brack had a meeting with Walkinshaw, Tom mentioned that the team had just acquired Parmalat as their new sponsor, that very morning.
Brack thought to himself "that's the milk".

After the meeting he said to Eje Elgh, "this is the team for us".
But when Walkinshaw purchased Arrows instead of Ligier, Brack's contract followed over to Arrows ("the worst team possible", according to Brack).
Brack began to test with the team, though. But the team "barely had enough budget to put fuel in the test cars" (according to Brack).
So after Brack's third test with the team, he got fed up and said to his manager Elgh, "that was the last time I will ever sit in an F1 car",
"What are you saying?", Elgh replied. "I'm saying that was the last time I will ever sit in an F1 car".

A week later Brack demanded his contract be terminated, and according to him "that was the first time anyone had ever terminated a contract agreement for a race seat."

Brack travelled to the U.S. post-Arrows debacle. And he said that when he had won the Indy 500 he later understood the 'Milk' and 'Great Oceans' and 'Success' fortune that he got from that old woman in Norway.
girry

Post by girry »

Jocke1 wrote:
Meatwad wrote:

The BianchiBinge!

Thing is, Bianchi doesn't 'feel' like a Reject. At least to me. Chilton and Ericsson do feel like proper Rejects.

Yeah, I'll give that he's a bit lamer than the others - but still he drives in a Reject team; the other 3 participants of the ultra-interesting Reject team battle already have their own threads here.

And as for your mention of Kenny Brack, he wasn't really overlooked.
He had an Arrows race seat pretty much sewn up, but he chose to leave Formula 1, not the other way around.

He got to test the Williams in 1994 and was fastest. But that didn't open any doors.

He went to Int. F3000 and won several races, almost the championship.
After that he got 3 more test driver contract offerings.
First one was with McLaren, and it was Keke Rosberg who helped Brack get that deal.
But Brack declined it, because he thought McLaren already had 2 strong drivers and that he would never get a race seat in that team.

The second team was Benetton, and Brack flew over to London to meet with Flavio, but apparently Brack "was not impressed with Flav's business methods" and chose to terminate relations.

The third offering came from Walkinshaw, who at this time was going through the purchase of Ligier.
Brack liked this deal, because Ligier didn't have successful drivers (according to Brack), and Walkinshaw was involved with Volvo, as was Brack.

Brack, though, was unsure of which of these 3 offers to choose from, so he went to an old woman in Norway who was a fortune teller, to ask what he should do.
She had helped him previously in life, with things turning out to be true for him. *no joke*

He described his dealings with McLaren, Benetton and Ligier, and she said she saw three things in Brack's future:
Milk, Great Oceans, and Success.

The teams began to put pressure on Brack for a decision, and Brack flew to the U.K. once more, accompanied by his then manager Eje Elgh,
who by the way apparently has been a Manager of sorts and instrumental in Ericsson signing with Caterham, too.

While Brack had a meeting with Walkinshaw, Tom mentioned that the team had just acquired Parmalat as their new sponsor, that very morning.
Brack thought to himself "that's the milk".

After the meeting he said to Eje Elgh, "this is the team for us".
But when Walkinshaw purchased Arrows instead of Ligier, Brack's contract followed over to Arrows ("the worst team possible", according to Brack).
Brack began to test with the team, though. But the team "barely had enough budget to put fuel in the test cars" (according to Brack).
So after Brack's third test with the team, he got fed up and said to his manager Elgh, "that was the last time I will ever sit in an F1 car",
"What are you saying?", Elgh replied. "I'm saying that was the last time I will ever sit in an F1 car".

A week later Brack demanded his contract be terminated, and according to him "that was the first time anyone had ever terminated a contract agreement for a race seat."

Brack travelled to the U.S. post-Arrows debacle. And he said that when he had won the Indy 500 he later understood the 'Milk' and 'Great Oceans' and 'Success' fortune that he got from that old woman in Norway.

Oh, tell me this is true.
when you're dead people start listening
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Meatwad wrote:

Wirdheim wasn't deserving of the Champ Car seat that he filled. Kenny Bräck could drift those things at 230 like it was nothing -- he was definitely a missed F1 talent that both IRL and CART fans were able to witness! Also one of the few European drivers who excelled on ovals more than they did on road courses.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

He's already our Swede-heart.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

giraurd wrote: Oh, tell me this is true.

It is.

Kenny Brack got to host his own radio show at home for a day, on 30/6-2002. It was aired nationwide and I happened to record it at the time.
I translated all that is written above right from the mouth of Brack himself.
He spent the show talking about his life thus far, with some music in between.
I think his timeline was not in the correct order for some events, though.

Back on topic.
It's a small world. It was Eje Elgh (ex-Formula 2 driver and "almost-signed-with-McLaren-F1-as-a-driver") who helped Kenny Brack get all those F1 tests in the nineties and a race-contract with Arrows. And now it is again Eje Elgh and Kenny Brack who has helped bring Marcus Ericsson to F1.
Elgh has coached Marcus Ericsson since Marcus was 14 years old:

Elgh in the middle.

I also remember Elgh was an advisor/coach for Ricardo Zonta in 2000-2001.

Elgh is much like that Dutch commentator Mol, he has been commentating on F1 in his home land for about 20 years. I don't think he has missed a race in that time.
Along with watching BBC and Sky, I have watched Elgh's F1 broadcasts since 1998. Murray Walker and Elgh are my favourite commentators all-time.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Wasnt Elgh himself managed by Torsten Palm?
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Cynon wrote: Wirdheim wasn't deserving of the Champ Car seat that he filled. Kenny Bräck could drift those things at 230 like it was nothing -- he was definitely a missed F1 talent that both IRL and CART fans were able to witness! Also one of the few European drivers who excelled on ovals more than they did on road courses.

I followed Brack's U.S. career with much delight. 2001 was a great year. He really deserved that championship, but alas.
Did you know he almost switched over to Nascar in 02-03? He had a few tests with Chip, I got some photos somewhere.

Yeah, Wirdheim. Never liked him. Came off as a pompous d-bag. His father acted as his manager, and when 2004 was up and Wirdheim couldn't find a gig in F1 post-Jaguar testing duties, his father was quoted "We are not going to prostitute ourselves for an F1 seat".
Wirdheim went to CART and then raced in Japan, never heard from since.
But if Wirdheim was a total Reject, that's nothing compared to his native colleague Alx Danielsson. Whoa!
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

This wrote:Wasnt Elgh himself managed by Torsten Palm?

Yes. Picked that one up nicely.

So that makes Ericsson the true successor to Torsten Palm. I just fell even more in love with Caterham 2014.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Jocke1 wrote:Enoch has cunningly conjured up one of the most violent storms in Valhalla history, waking up the Norse Gods who have been sleeping there for ages.
They woke up on this Tuesday the 21st and Odin, the chief of the Aesir gods, has seen on Earth a sport called Formula 1, that already has Danes and Finns competing. The English name for 'Tuesday' is derived from Old English Tiwesdaeg and Middle English Tewesday, meaning Tiw's Day, the day of Tiw or Tyr, the God of single combat, victory and heroic glory in Norse mythology.

So Odin, the ruler of Asgard, the home of the Gods, commanded this morning Thor the God of thunder, to strike with his hammer Mjolnir a dark foreboding cloud, as big as Iceland, in order to from it send down lightning bolts into the head of Caterham Team Principal Cyril Abiteboul, lightning bolts filled with messages of the "Need for a Swede."

Now, Odin would do anything for wisdom, and once sacrificed his eye for total knowledge.
It is not yet known what Cyril Abiteboul has sacrificed in order to get Ericsson The Viking.

The Vikings believed that the world as we know it one day would end, they called this day Ragnarok.
Ragnarok is the doom of the Gods and the humans on Earth. It was believed it would be the final battle between the Aesir and Jotuns. And that the battle would take place on the Vigrid plains.

But what if they had it all wrong? Maybe they misinterpreted the future?
Perhaps the final battle is really between Caterham and Marussia in 2014? And the battle will take place on the last nineteen circuits Formula 1 will ever visit, before Ragnarok is upon us.
Only the brave and the bold will have the courage to stay and find out. Many will not, and run into hiding, flee into the wastelands and wither, or in modern tounge 'the suburbs'.

Surely Marcus is a descendant of Leif Ericsson?, the Norse explorer regarded as the first European to land in North America (excluding Greenland), nearly 500 years before Christopher Columbus.

Do it properly, Odin.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

EricssonEcstasy?
MarcusMadness?

Whatever the name, I'm in like Flin for our Sweet Sweet Swedish Superstar.
Jocke1

Max vs. Marc

Post by Jocke1 »

ImageImage
EARLY 'FREE' HAIR DAYS

ImageImage
CORPORATE 'SLICK' HAIR DAYS

ImageImage
ImageImage
LATTER 'JUST RIGHT' HAIR DAYS

Who would have thought that 2014 would turn into an epic hairdo battle? WDC?, WCC?, who cares!
All attention will be on the blond hairs of Messrs Chilton & Ericsson. Who will prevail?

Career Stats

Chilton
Races entered: 191
Wins: 11
Podiums: 36
Pole positions: 15
Fastest laps: 5
Race win percentage: 5.76%

Ericsson
Races entered: 158
Wins: 17
Podiums: 48
Pole positions: 23
Fastest laps: 20
Race win percentage: 10.76%

Red Corner_______________TALE OF THE TAPE_______________Green corner
-----------------------------------------NAME-------------------------------------
Max 'Talent' Chilton_______________________________________Marcus 'Aurelius' Ericsson
"The Surrey Sensation"___________________________________"The Kumla Killer"
-----------------------------------------AGE--------------------------------------
21 April, 1991__________________________________________2 September, 1990
---------------------------------------HT/WT---------------------------------------
6'0" - 145lbs___________________________________________5'11'' - 152lbs
------------------------------HAIR GEL ADAPTATION-----------------------------
99.95%_______________________________________________99.25%
----------------------------------DESIGNATION--------------------------------------
Paydriver_____________________________________________Paydriver
--------------------------------------MISC----------------------------------
Model aspirations______________________________________Ice hockey fan
-------------------------------FIGHTING FROM---------------------------------
Surrey, U.K.__________________________________________Kumla, SWE
-------------------------------KEY STRENGTHS------------------------------------
Always finishes what he starts__________________________Once watched a friend eat an earthworm and later vomit
Able to pull off the Blue Steel Look______________________Descendant of Leif Ericsson The Explorer
Rich dad____________________________________________Finished 18th in the sprint race at Silverstone (GP2 2010)
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Another early nomination for post of the year, I see ...

Jocke1, how do you keep coming up with this stuff? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alextrax52

Re: Max vs. Marc

Post by Alextrax52 »

Jocke1 wrote:ImageImage
EARLY 'FREE' HAIR DAYS

ImageImage
CORPORATE 'SLICK' HAIR DAYS

ImageImage
ImageImage
LATTER 'JUST RIGHT' HAIR DAYS

Who would have thought that 2014 would turn into an epic hairdo battle? WDC?, WCC?, who cares!
All attention will be on the blond hairs of Messrs Chilton & Ericsson. Who will prevail?

Career Stats

Chilton
Races entered: 191
Wins: 11
Podiums: 36
Pole positions: 15
Fastest laps: 5
Race win percentage: 5.76%

Ericsson
Races entered: 158
Wins: 17
Podiums: 48
Pole positions: 23
Fastest laps: 20
Race win percentage: 10.76%

Red Corner_______________TALE OF THE TAPE_______________Green corner
-----------------------------------------NAME-------------------------------------
Max 'Talent' Chilton_______________________________________Marcus 'Aurelius' Ericsson
"The Surrey Sensation"___________________________________"The Kumla Killer"
-----------------------------------------AGE--------------------------------------
21 April, 1991__________________________________________2 September, 1990
---------------------------------------HT/WT---------------------------------------
6'0" - 145lbs___________________________________________5'11'' - 152lbs
------------------------------HAIR GEL ADAPTATION-----------------------------
99.95%_______________________________________________99.25%
----------------------------------DESIGNATION--------------------------------------
Paydriver_____________________________________________Paydriver
--------------------------------------MISC----------------------------------
Model aspirations______________________________________Ice hockey fan
-------------------------------FIGHTING FROM---------------------------------
Surrey, U.K.__________________________________________Kumla, SWE
-------------------------------KEY STRENGTHS------------------------------------
Always finishes what he starts__________________________Once watched a friend eat an earthworm and later vomit
Able to pull off the Blue Steel Look______________________Descendant of Leif Ericsson The Explorer
Rich dad____________________________________________Finished 18th in the sprint race at Silverstone (GP2 2010)

I'm in the Swede's corner for this one
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

It doesn't sound right for the EricssonEcstasy
Officially Retired
Jocke1

Re: Get Ready for... The EricssonEra!

Post by Jocke1 »

UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

I never noticed how funny his initials were before.
"Who's in last?"
"ME!"
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:I never noticed how funny his initials were before.
"Who's in last?"
"ME!"
The 'ME' on his helmet stand for Monaco Eighth. As in where he will finish in the principality.

eytl wrote:Another early nomination for post of the year, I see ...
Jocke1, how do you keep coming up with this stuff?
Dunno :)

giraurd wrote:Oh, tell me this is true.
Jocke1 wrote:It is.
Here is the link to his one day show, and the track listing of the songs he played.
http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.as ... el=2001910

This wrote:Wasnt Elgh himself managed by Torsten Palm?
eytl wrote:Yes. Picked that one up nicely.
So that makes Ericsson the true successor to Torsten Palm. I just fell even more in love with Caterham 2014.
And the Swedish connection doesn't end with the Elgh's, Brack's, Palm's etc, Ericsson will most likely be assigned Caterham's #1 mechanic (and Swede)
Charlie Haggstam.

Here is a good interview not many might have seen with Cyril Abiteboul, talking in length about Caterham and Ericsson. I hope it is watchable worldwide:
http://www.viasatsport.se/videoklipp/mo ... ratt-lage/

go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Jocke1 wrote:

Well, dinizintheoven has explained how he gets his epic stuff sometime last fall. I wonder if it's the way of the Swede; I mean PewDiePie is thououghly epic as well as your hilarious posts. So, if that's the case, is Marcus Ericsson also F1's PewDiePie?

That just gave me another reason to fall victim to another thread of awesomeness. But unlike British awesomeness from my second favorite country in the world, this is Scandanavian awesomeness from my favorite area of the world!
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Jocke1 wrote:
UgncreativeUsergname wrote:I never noticed how funny his initials were before.
"Who's in last?"
"ME!"
The 'ME' on his helmet stand for Monaco Eighteenth. As in where he will finish in the principality.

Corrected.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

Okay so, I'm gonna stick to the ChiltonCraze. He's a nicey.
"Here's your car. Go nuts."
Dallara, 2010
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Code: Select all

7. Marcus Ericsson    Caterham-Renault      1m37.975s  +13.810s  11
 8. Sebastian Vettel   Red Bull-Renault      1m38.320s  +14.155s   8

It's begun!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

go_Rubens wrote:
Jocke1 wrote:

Well, dinizintheoven has explained how he gets his epic stuff sometime last fall. I wonder if it's the way of the Swede; I mean PewDiePie is thououghly epic as well as your hilarious posts. So, if that's the case, is Marcus Ericsson also F1's PewDiePie?

That just gave me another reason to fall victim to another thread of awesomeness. But unlike British awesomeness from my second favorite country in the world, this is Scandanavian awesomeness from my favorite area of the world!

And straight from America, a lesson in top class kiss-arsery ;)
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:

PewDiePie isn't even funny...though, I suppose go_Rubens is the right age in his target demographic.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Meatwad wrote:

Code: Select all

7. Marcus Ericsson    Caterham-Renault      1m37.975s  +13.810s  11
 8. Sebastian Vettel   Red Bull-Renault      1m38.320s  +14.155s   8

It's begun!

Oh great ME, how could I have ever doubted you?
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Ataxia wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:

PewDiePie isn't even funny...though, I suppose go_Rubens is the right age in his target demographic.

Well, it does go to show that we Americans are weird and a bad influence :lol:

But seriously, there are worse people than me. You don't want to know them!
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

Jocke1 wrote:Here is a good interview not many might have seen with Cyril Abiteboul, talking in length about Caterham and Ericsson. I hope it is watchable worldwide:

It's not even avaiable in Norway, even though it is sort of a Norwegian/Swedish Co-Op those Viasat channels.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

I will try to make this short.

Listening to Enoch in the latest podcast, and hearing him mention that we are taking Formula 1 to a brand new level of metro-sexuality which we have not seen before...

I think we can start here with something extremely basic:

Granted, the color in this photo is a little off because of the lighting.
Ericsson's hair is blond. We all see that.
When you perceive this, when your eyes and the nerves involved therein see this, let us say they send a code to your brain that consists of 111a, ok?
And that 111a code reaches your brain and you process that and think 'oh ok, this is blond'.
And you can understand this. That it is one particular type of blond.
There's other data included, of course.
Let us summarize here. Blond.

This one signal is the one we are focusing on here. The fact that Ericsson has blond hair.

When I see his hair my eyes take that in and let us say my ocular nerve sends forth the signal 6783.
And 6783 goes to my brain and I am processing that as, blond.
The point here is that that differentiation in nerval context is one of the things that is the most strongest leading probable cause of differing preferences and differing tastes.

That most people enjoy this or that type of food, because the signals that are sent that they specifically receive and that their brain processes are of a variety that are construed as being good.
And a different person who is receiving the exact same food, is nevertheless doing so in such a differing fashion, both in the context of the message because the nerval signals are different and because his brain is different, or his or her brain processes differently.

So, when these two things come into combination here, what we have is a system in place that makes it so that you can for example put ten people in a line and feed them all something that is at least relatively uniform.
And they will all have differing opinions on it.
That is just something like food, which is a relatively simple thing, chemically and electrically speaking.

When we take something as complex as a hairdo or indeed taking that a step further, Ericsson's and Chilton's hairdos, obviously, as I wrote earlier, the one code that says "Ericsson's hair is blond" is compounded by about I would say 112 or so additional codes that is telling me everything about all the other bits of information involving light and texture and probable diagnosis of exactly what I am looking at. Exactly what is going through my brain, right?
And this is just light, this is something we are looking at.

Now think of how many things we are going through when we eat something.
And then further increase that by a significant factor, that is all the data that is being sent in it's own different way, because we all perceive everything differently, and this is of course eyes and ears, and of course the differences in the brain.
It has become clear to me over the years, of simple experience and observation and logical deduction, that one of the key points that defines THE hairdo for us, is that one hairdo that truly has to hit both sides of the perspective.
On the one side, or let's say the side that is being considered first, we have everything that's been said above ^, all of those electrical signals, all of those chemical receptors and all of the adaptations within the brain.
And on the other, certain hairdos, or indeed actually it's more accurate to say a certain hairdo, if that, because in most cases I imagine most people have not encountered such a hairdo.

The people who have a really favorite hair is because the fact that this process, all that information that is being dumped into the brain just happen to have the right pattern. It happens to have just the right signal type, and it happens to have just the right perception type and interpretation to determine that this whole process as an aggregate of these thousands upon millions of bits of data that are coming through here is good, all of it. It's an incredibly complicated thing.

And ultimately there is a reason why we only see A hairdo in a lifetime. If that. Because the likelyhood, all things considered, of something like that to happen is very low.
And that is what Ericsson's and Chilton's hairs represent to me.
I have heard several people, who are reasonable intelligent individuals, who are not so called 'fanboys', who have seen other hairdos in their lives, who have also enjoyed other hairdos.
Who say Ericsson's hair is their favorite.

And I can understand that. Fully. I have always thought of things as being in terms of mind and heart. Thought, emotion, logic and feeling. Biology, chemistry, physics. However that goes.

This particular theory of mine makes perfect sense to me. We also have to consider the fact of this other side to it, the heart, how it actually makes you feel. Inside.
How it actually resounds with you, and your soul.
It is fascinating to me to see the hairs of Marcus and Max, because I have seen people who have worn many different hairdos, and people who have said that hairdo A or hairdo B is their absolute favorite, and I look at that hair and I wonder, why?
Because it doesn't fit with me. It's not necessarily a bad hairdo, but I have seen it time and time again.

And it has only become more apparent over time that it is just kind of a factor of us being the incredibly complicated things that we are, and certain things just fit with certain people. It's almost pure random luck, to be completely honest with you. And it is fascinating to me.

One of the reasons I try to encourage people to try and like some of the different hairdos that are available is because the more you branch out like that, the more you have a chance of reaching those hairdos that do fit with you, both emotionally of course and electrically, logically speaking. The more chance you have of finding that one hairdo that really does snap with you, that really does fit you, YOU the person and your preferences and your ideals.
And whatever it is you actually find enjoyable and you can have that one hairdo for as long as you want.

Because, ultimately it is not a matter of favorites, we are going past favorites, there is a reason Ericsson and Chilton are so far up on the scale.
No other driver has ever come close, ever.
I guess that is a bit of a lie, Gaston Mazzacane has come close, I admit that freely.
But those two are up there by themselves, even the next nearest of my favorite hairdos of all time, hairs of true beauty and works of art, like Stefan Johansson's for instance, don't even approach them. They aren't even on the same scale as ME & MC.
Because of how much those hairdos fit with me. Those two are the only ones I have ever found in my whole life. And I have seen MANY hairdos.

This is again one of the reasons I want to encourage people to branch out and try new things.
And obviously I know real life gets in the way of that, because that is what real life does. Money and time are both the huge abominations that sit in the path of trying to enjoy life as usual.
But for whatever capacity you do hold, I do encourage such things.

This is about enthusing, this is about sharing the passion and the joy that hairdos can bring us as individuals . Not necessarily bring it to everyone, because everyone is different.
But for everyone who has read this far into the post, and actually gets some semblance of that enjoyment or shares with me this enjoyment, I consider that a triumph right there.

And on top of that of course we have the fact that hairdos are awesome, right?
So let's discuss it, let's talk about why, let's really analyze why so we can enjoy it more, and so we can share it more. I just wanted to talk about that.
I try not to bash hairdos, or really put hairdos down, because there is probably someone out there somewhere, who finds a hairdo that I personally don't like, to be their one hairdo, for whatever reason and their differing perspective it is the one hairdo that matches them.
That fills their heart.
And who am I to try and dissuade from that, try to disregard that or dishonor that?
Let's instead embrace.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Jocke's gone completely off the rails.

:lol:
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

I already said you had post of the year clinched, can't you take a Cammish holiday and give someone else a chance for post of the week?!
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

watka wrote:Jocke's gone completely off the rails.

I agree to that.

Jocke1 is made of 50% Max Chilton and 50% Marcus Ericsson
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

We should give Jocke1 his own subforum, really...
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

I agree to that.

Jocke1 is made of 50% Max Chilton and 50% Marcus Ericsson

I beg to differ. He is 100% F1 Rejects fan.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Ericsson is 28 days older than me...
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_