2017 Le Mans Cup - 12h of Le Castellet in preparation

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
V8fan12

Re: 2017 ACO LMC - signups still open / driver signing

Post by V8fan12 »

Change of plans for the #25 Harris Finance GT entry:

Driver 1: Dragon (Male, Japan, Real Life/Bronze, Age 46) - this guy http://www.j-formula3.com/season/2013/driver/30.html
Driver 2: TBA (open to offers/will be decided later when calendar is out)
Driver 3: Kelly Harris (Female, New Zealand, Bronze, Age 18)

Car remains a Porsche 991 GT
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

V8fan12 wrote:Change of plans for the #25 Harris Finance GT entry:

Driver 1: Dragon (Male, Japan, Real Life/Bronze, Age 46) - this guy http://www.j-formula3.com/season/2013/driver/30.html

Seriously, how often did you change your plans so far? I lost count of it. This is the last change of plans I'll allow you, and if you still aren't content with your lineup, deal with it.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Oh, nice to see you've tossed Serge aside like that. Next time you want to run one of my drivers, don't even bother asking, seeing as the answer will be no.

I'm not sure if I've already confirmed this Pi, but Restov will enter all races this season.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:

Oh, nice to see you've tossed Serge aside like that. Next time you want to run one of my drivers, don't even bother asking, seeing as the answer will be no.

I thought Blanco was in his LMP1 car, which he has not changed plans for, unlike his GT one-off.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

pi314159 wrote:

Seriously, how often did you change your plans so far? I lost count of it. This is the last change of plans I'll allow you, and if you still aren't content with your lineup, deal with it.

You can #BlameWizzie. He wanted Dragon in the series :P

And, takagi, Serge is still in the team. Nothing has changed with the LMP1 entries.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

go_Rubens wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:

I thought Blanco was in his LMP1 car, which he has not changed plans for, unlike his GT one-off.

Oh, my apologies V8fan :oops: I suppose that serves me right for reading through these threads half-asleep :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

The Henri Racing Team has decided to withdraw its GT entry for Le Castellet, Le Mans, and Adelaide. We're just going to focus completely on LMP2 as we are not interested in dealing with other cars that are rather irrelevant to our cause. So, there it goes...

Also, since Jukka-Pekka Kankaanpää is likely to get some sort of open wheel drive, we're letting him off the hook for the LMP2 car, leaving us with 2 drivers still needed for our cars, one for the #42, and one for the #43. We hope to announce drivers soon, but how soon is yet to be determined.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

go_Rubens wrote:The Henri Racing Team has decided to withdraw its GT entry for Le Castellet, Le Mans, and Adelaide. We're just going to focus completely on LMP2 as we are not interested in dealing with other cars that are rather irrelevant to our cause. So, there it goes...

Also, since Jukka-Pekka Kankaanpää is likely to get some sort of open wheel drive, we're letting him off the hook for the LMP2 car, leaving us with 2 drivers still needed for our cars, one for the #42, and one for the #43. We hope to announce drivers soon, but how soon is yet to be determined.

To return the deal, we can offer you Wim-Bert Horrie (ned) who has driven a few races in IFRC in 2016. If you want a more experienced driver, we always can offer Simon Garfünkel(lie), who did absolutely nothing in GT's and was utterly rejectful in RoLFS and F3RWRS, and has a very unfunny name too!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

This wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:The Henri Racing Team has decided to withdraw its GT entry for Le Castellet, Le Mans, and Adelaide. We're just going to focus completely on LMP2 as we are not interested in dealing with other cars that are rather irrelevant to our cause. So, there it goes...

To return the deal, we can offer you Wim-Bert Horrie (ned) who has driven a few races in IFRC in 2016. If you want a more experienced driver, we always can offer Simon Garfünkel(lie), who did absolutely nothing in GT's and was utterly rejectful in RoLFS and F3RWRS, and has a very unfunny name too!

We like experienced, so we are interested in Garfünkel. What tier would he be?
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

go_Rubens wrote:
This wrote:

I'm not sure, his results aren't impressive, but he does have quite some experience, so i'd say, silver, on the edge of gold.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

This wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:
This wrote:To return the deal, we can offer you Wim-Bert Horrie (ned) who has driven a few races in IFRC in 2016. If you want a more experienced driver, we always can offer Simon Garfünkel(lie), who did absolutely nothing in GT's and was utterly rejectful in RoLFS and F3RWRS, and has a very unfunny name too!

I'm not sure, his results aren't impressive, but he does have quite some experience, so i'd say, silver, on the edge of gold.

We'll put him down as a silver driver then.

So, here's our entry, with one driver still missing from the list, but we are still scavenging in the uncivilized woods for some assistance ;)

Car 42

Driver 1: TBA
Driver 1 Nationality: TBA
Qualifying Driver: TBA
Tier: TBA

Driver 2: Carsten Jancker
Driver 2 Nationality: German
Qualifying Driver: No
Tier: Silver

Driver 3: Jayleen Mori
Driver 3 Nationality: Micronesian

Car 43

Driver 1: Mark Webber
Driver 1 Nationality: Australian
Qualifying Driver: Yes
Tier: Platinum

Driver 2: Simon Garfünkel
Driver 2 Nationality: Liechtenstein

Driver 3: Clément Grandmaison
Driver 3 Nationality: French

We still need a Number 1 driver for the 42 car. All offers are welcome, but we'll show more interest for a gold or platinum driver than silver or bronze, as we already have our fair share of silver drivers :lol:
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

The here-unto unknown ABR Racing would like to take over the HRT GT entry for the three races it was entered in. Rumour is it'll be sponsored by Peniston Oils and Larsen Biscuits, with drivers to be announced at a later date.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

TEAM NAME: Felbermayr-Dempsey (Germany/America)
CLASS: GT
TIER: Small
Car: 2017 Porsche 991
CAR NUMBER: 75
EVENTS IN WHICH CAR 1 TAKES PART: Le Mans

DRIVER NAME: Patrick Long
DRIVER NATIONALITY: American
QUALIFYING DRIVER: Yes
DRIVER TIER: Real Life, but most probably Platinum

DRIVER NAME: Patrick Dempsey
QUALIFYING DRIVER: no
DRIVER TIER: Real Life, but most probably Bronze or Silver

DRIVER NAME: Vincent Brooks
QUALIFYING DRIVER: no
DRIVER TIER: Silver

CAR NUMBER: 82 (Guest RTS Lambo at Monza)
DRIVER NAME: Eric Bana
DRIVER NATIONALITY: Australian
QUALIFYING DRIVER : No
DRIVER TIER: Real life, probably Bronze or Silver
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

sportscar365.com wrote:Construction of new garages at Le Mans nearing completion

The construction of new garages for the 2017 24 Hours of Le Mans, announced in February 2014, will be completed in time for this year's 24 Hour race. The four additional garages will increase the maximum number of entries to 60.

sportscar365.com wrote:Garage 60 concepts wanted

Since its introduction in 2012, every year, the ACO invites a car to Le Mans to demonstrate new technologies. This car doesn't have to comply with the rules for any of the usual classes. Interested projects can now apply for the "Garage 60" entry for the 2017 24 Hours of Le Mans.

The car must be:
-safe to run at Le Mans
-able to run at a similar speed as the LMP2 category
-introducing new technology at Le Mans

Time for the submission of Garage 60 concepts will be until 14th March, 6 PM CET. Submitting a concept for CDNT/garage 60 is completely optional. Please stay realistic, things like an antimatter-powered 5-wheeled DeltaWing imitation will not be considered.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
FMecha

Re: 2017 ACO LMC - Signups open, submit concepts for CDNT

Post by FMecha »

For anyone needing a driver, Aurico refugee Yuji Itoh is available for hire (silver rank).

Meanwhile, an unknown Japanese company is developing a CDNT entry that merges LMP2 and GT300 technology. Stay tuned ;)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Broadoak Engeneering, a British engineering company working from a small base in Northamptonshire, would like to bid for the Garage 60 slot. The team have acquired funding to construct and enter a 6-wheeled prototype for a possible Garage 60 entry. The car will be run with a turbocharged petrol engine, in combination with an ERS. Four of the six wheels will be located at the back of the car. The theory behind this is that four driven wheels will result in a greater contact surface with the track, allowing much more controlled use of torque provided by the petrol engine and ERS.
Last edited by pasta_maldonado on 07 Mar 2014, 09:54, edited 1 time in total.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

The recently resurrected Evans Engineering would like to submit a Garage 60 concept. The concept involves running a car with a carbon-fibre engine, along the lines of the Polimotor as described here (entry 2.8.13).
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Fat Tony, head of Renzo Engineering, is applying for the Garage 60 slot. The car will be a modifield Courage-Oreca LC70-YGK, fitted with a DAF Variomatic transmission. The car will complete the entire race in reverse gear. :P
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

FMecha wrote:For anyone needing a driver, Aurico refugee Yuji Itoh is available for hire (silver rank).

Would he be intrested in driving for Hunter Autosport in the LMP2 class
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

FMecha wrote:For anyone needing a driver, Aurico refugee Yuji Itoh is available for hire (silver rank).

Meanwhile, an unknown Japanese company is developing a CDNT entry that merges LMP2 and GT300 technology. Stay tuned ;)

Would he be interested in a GT class Porsche 991 ride?

Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

The car must be:
-safe to run at Le Mans

Well, that rules out an REECCS Trabant :P (so do the other 2 points, but to a lesser extent)
Still, Trabant wants to co-operate with West Cliff, who ran the Delorean in the Bathurst Enduro, to work together on a new prototype, featuring a two-stroke flux capacitor! If that isn't new technology, then i don't know what it is! Making time-travelling a road-relevant technology!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:
The car must be:
-safe to run at Le Mans

Well, that rules out an REECCS Trabant :P (so do the other 2 points, but to a lesser extent)
Still, Trabant wants to co-operate with West Cliff, who ran the Delorean in the Bathurst Enduro, to work together on a new prototype, featuring a two-stroke flux capacitor! If that isn't new technology, then i don't know what it is! Making time-travelling a road-relevant technology!

I was wondering if there were a way of bringing West Cliff and DeLorean into this... However:

pi314159 wrote:. Please stay realistic, things like an antimatter-powered 5-wheeled DeltaWing imitation will not be considered.

Considering that the technology was invented in 1985, and present in 1885, 1955, 1985 and 2015, it hardly makes it new technology for 2017, does it? However, if Mr Fusion can generate 1.21 gigawatts, and connect it up to a 2nd-generation biofuel internal combustion engine, that's hybrid technology right there! Or if biofuel ain't your thing, a Mr Fusion/hydrogen hybrid would also work for me... Hydrogen can be as safe as LPG fuel, and Back To The Future made Mr Fusion look safe. Could run it on the pit lane's general waste!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Considering the F1RWRS Anglo-Manx Racing cars were powered by Peel-DMC engines in 2011 and 2012, I'd like to see a tie up with that if you boys go for Garage 60!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

AndreaModa wrote:Considering the F1RWRS Anglo-Manx Racing cars were powered by Peel-DMC engines in 2011 and 2012, I'd like to see a tie up with that if you boys go for Garage 60!

I'm sure that Peel could deal with the biofuel/hydrogen side of things, while DMC engineer the Mr Fusion electrical hybrid side of things - makes sense to me...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Zyvex Performance Materials, the University of Wakeforest, IBM and Tesla would like to apply for the Garage 60 spot. The entry will be called Nano Project.
The car will be mainly built out of nano materiels. IBM will build chips using nanotubes instead of silicon which can make the chips much smaller and more efficient. The University if Wakeforest will provide a part of the technologie for the ERS. Small carbon plates consisting of nanotubes can generate electrical power from heat. This will be used in every possible part of the car including the electrical engines, brakes and even the drivers clothes. Zyvex Performance Materiels will build the chassis out of modified carbon fibre which is 20% stronger at the same whight. Tesla will provide the rest of the car including the engines, batteries and more.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

And in order to confirm ABR Racing's intentions, here is the full entry for that car:

Team Name: Ambitious But Rubbish Racing
Nationality: British
Class: GT
Tier: Small
Events car will take part in: Silverstone, Le Mans

Car: 2017 Porsche 991 (700,000) (ex-Henri Racing Technology)

Car 84

Driver #1: Daniel Moreno (aka the Stig, pending Aerospeed's approval)
Driver #1 Nationality: Canadian/British
Qualifying Driver: Yes
Tier: Platinum

Driver #2: Jeremy Clarkson
Driver #2 Nationality: British
Tier: Bronze

Driver #3: Richard Hammond
Driver #3 Nationality: British

Driver #4: James May (Because if there's anything this car needs, it's a fourth driver)
Driver #4 Nationality: British

There's probably some argument between the producers and the presenters to explain all this skullduggery (presumably a Top Gear two-part special to simply finish the Le Mans 24 hours, with Silverstone acting as a warmup for the three stooges.)
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Autosport wrote:Six-wheeled Polimotor to race at Le Mans

After voting for the 'Garage 60' experimental entry for the Le Mans 24 Hours - which does not have to abide by normal LMP2 class rules - came down to a two-way tie between the Evans Engineering Polimotor concept and the Broadoak Engineering 6-wheeled concept, the two teams have confirmed that both projects will compete in the event as one entry. This will see that a six-wheeled chassis prepared by Broadoak take to the track, powered by a completely carbon-fibre engine designed and built by Evans Engineering, assisted in low range by a Broadoak-manufacturerd Energy Recovery System. The E.R.S will also be available to give the drivers a reported 60 seconds of harvested energy boost per lap.

Read more with Autosport +
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Pasta has already announced it, and I confirm that Broadoak Engineering and Evans Engineering work together on the 2017 Garage 60 entry.

Combining the innovative carbon-fibre engine built by Evans Engineering with the Broadoak's six-wheel chassis and ERS also provided by Broadoak was the most convincing concept.

The Nano Project was also considered by the ACO, but given the limited time until the 2017 24 Hours of Le Mans, and that some of the techonology planned for the Nano Project are still in early development, the project was considered to be too ambitious for a 2017 entry, but could be considered as a Garage 60 entry for future Le Mans 24 Hour races.

The other three applicants were eliminated from the selection process quite early, for the following reasons:

The GT300/LMP2 concept was too unspecific. Not even the name of the project was known.

The Renzo Engineering project was rejected because it doesn't introduce any really new technology, and a car racing in reverse is too unsafe.

The "Back to the future" entry was refused, because it is still more fiction than science.
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

We at nano project are of course a bit dissapointed about the fact that our entry was rejected but our partners will keep on working as this technologies are not only usefull for racing cars. Hopefully we can get a spot in the future to show off this new technologies.
We also would like to concratulate the winners for the garage 60 entry because we think that projects with different manufacturers involved is the way to go in the future.
SeedStriker

Re: 2017 ACO LMC - Signups open

Post by SeedStriker »

This will be a provisional placing if there's no one else interested in the remainder USD seats

CAR NUMBER: #5
DRIVER NAME: Casval Rojas
DRIVER NATIONALITY: CAN
QUALIFYING DRIVER (yes/no): No

CAR NUMBER: #88
DRIVER NAME: Tsubasa Portilla
DRIVER NATIONALITY: ITA
QUALIFYING DRIVER (yes/no): No
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Globex Scorpio Racing would like to extend an invitation to fill out our part time entry to Shane van Gisbergen.
Everything's great.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

As agreed to in the chat, Ryan Carlton (Gold tier, UK) will join Harris Finance GT. Salamander can confirm this if necessary.

This completes the Harris Finance GT lineup.

Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Hey i just checked the entry list and there are still a few spots left so would it be possible to ran a second team?
I don't mind the class which means i would participate wherever entries are wanted.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

pi314159 wrote:The other three applicants were eliminated from the selection process quite early, for the following reasons:

The "Back to the future" entry was refused, because it is still more fiction than science.

Not in a universe parallel to ours and this canon universe, it isn't... It was common by 2015, if the 'documentary' was to be believed. Or are you saying Doc Brown went even further into the future for that tech?
MCard LOLA
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

dr-baker wrote:
pi314159 wrote:The other three applicants were eliminated from the selection process quite early, for the following reasons:

Not in a universe parallel to ours and this canon universe, it isn't... It was common by 2015, if the 'documentary' was to be believed. Or are you saying Doc Brown went even further into the future for that tech?

Time travel is non-canon.
Everything's great.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Salamander wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Time travel is non-canon.

2015 may be in our future, but this series, and canon, is in 2017. And I think we decided that the only actual tech that we were going to use was Mr Fusion (for an electric/nuclear fusion motor) linked to a biofuel/hydrogen engine. I didn't agree to the flux capacitor that someone else proposed...

But as it wasn't me who first suggested the DeLorean entry, I'm not that fussed at missing the entry. 8-)
MCard LOLA
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

dr-baker wrote:2015 may be in our future, but this series, and canon, is in 2017. And I think we decided that the only actual tech that we were going to use was Mr Fusion (for an electric/nuclear fusion motor) linked to a biofuel/hydrogen engine. I didn't agree to the flux capacitor that someone else proposed...

But as it wasn't me who first suggested the DeLorean entry, I'm not that fussed at missing the entry. 8-)

I'm gonna rule that fusion power is non-canon for 2017.
Everything's great.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Salamander wrote:
dr-baker wrote:2015 may be in our future, but this series, and canon, is in 2017. And I think we decided that the only actual tech that we were going to use was Mr Fusion (for an electric/nuclear fusion motor) linked to a biofuel/hydrogen engine. I didn't agree to the flux capacitor that someone else proposed...

I'm gonna rule that fusion power is non-canon for 2017.

Fair enough.
MCard LOLA
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

I'm currently trying to sort out the mess which the entry list has become, so could you please check if there are any mistakes or missing things on the wiki page?

Also, here is an overview over how many entries are left for each race:

12h Paul Ricard: 43 entered, 7 entries left
6h Silverstone: 44 entered, 1 entry left
6h Spa: 43 entered, 11 entries left
24h Le Mans: 52 entered, 2 reserved for auto invites, 6 entries left
6h Monza: 42 entered, 3 entries left
Mil Milhas: 41 entered, 4 entries left
6h Indianapolis: 44 entered, 6 entries left
6h Fuji: 44 entered, 6 entries left
6h Sepang: 40 entered, 5 entries left
12h Adelaide: 40 entered, 5 entries left
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

If I were to enter a GT car for Paul Ricard + Le Mans under the Voeckler GPE banner, would the budget for it come out of the NISMO finances? If IBR succeed in winning the GTRWC, then Roda/FM Voeckler/AL Voeckler would get said reserved entry, but if possible I'd like also for an identical second car to run Jesus Plaza (as long as Aerond is okay with it, I already signed him as my F1RWRS test driver and this gives him something else to do), James Davies (again, as long as Salamander is okay with it, but I imagine he would be, I already signed him to my GT team and this is a GT car), and Benoit Voeckler (to make the car eligible for the GT-Am class). This entry would be run as car #2 on the entry list. If we can't take our MC12s with us to ACO LMC, instead we'd run 458 Italias.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image