Reject of the Race: United States, 2013

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
FMecha

Reject of the Race: United States, 2013

Post by FMecha »

Discuss your ROTR, guys. I nominate Reverend Maldolan for causing Sutil's silly start crash and being deadbeat against Bottas. :evil:
Last edited by FMecha on 17 Nov 2013, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
tommykl

Re: Reject of the Race: United States, 2013

Post by tommykl »

FMecha wrote:Discuss your ROTR, guys. I nominate Sutil for that silly start crash. :evil:

Nope, sorry, but that was Pastor's fault as far as I could see. Besides, even if Sutil caused the accident, Maldonado's done quite a lot this weekend to deserve it anyway.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Maldonado: Silly incident with Sutil and down in 15th while Bottas came 8th plus an attitude that reeked of sour grapes all weekend
Button: Outshone by Perez all weekend
Gutierrez: Idiot move on Vergne all for 12th place

HM to the race itself Wintersports can't come soon enough for me
Last edited by Alextrax52 on 17 Nov 2013, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

tommykl wrote:
FMecha wrote:Discuss your ROTR, guys. I nominate Sutil for that silly start crash. :evil:

Nope, sorry, but that was Pastor's fault as far as I could see. Besides, even if Sutil caused the accident, Maldonado's done quite a lot this weekend to deserve it anyway.

Nomination changed. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

REJECT OF THE RACE
Jenson Button
Did McLaren sack the right man?

Edited.
Last edited by good_Ralf on 17 Nov 2013, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

good_Ralf wrote:REJECT OF THE RACE
Heikki Kovalainen
Did Lotus sign the right man?

REJECT OF THE RACE
Felipe Massa
Did Williams sign the right man?

REJECT OF THE RACE
Jenson Button
Did McLaren sack the right man?

Not fair to Heikki because he had a wing change and a failed KERS and Massa was put on a 2 stop plan. I'll give you Button though who's been dire all race
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Sutil's the only retirement. That has been the criterion before for ROTR...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Pastor Maldonado - Shocking weekend
I like the way Snrub thinks!
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

While Button and Sutil are in contention the only winner for me goes to

Pastor Maldonado- Accusing the team of trying to ruin him knock Sutil out and break his front wing. Plus his team-mate scored points when he was no-where near them. Put Wolff in the car for Brazil!!
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Esteban Gutierrez - Yet another disgraceful performance. Please Sauber, get rid and sign Perez for 2014.

Adrian Sutil - Only retirement of the race.

But ROTR has to go to:

The Reverend Maldolan - Absolutely dreadful weekend. Bottas schooled him big time.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Pastor Maldonado gets my vote; he whinged, he moaned, and he tried to give everyone the impression that he was better than the team. However, the only real problem was him; he drove very poorly all weekend.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Top 3:

3. Jenson Button. He was arguably pathetic, even if he had a grid penalty hundering him. He couldn't pass Massa, and Massa was horrible today as well. Maybe they should be a joint nomination.

2. Adrian Sutil. He was the one that caused the crash on lap 1. He is the one at fault, and he did not help SFI at all this weekend. Not much for him to be happy about.

1. By far, this has to be Pastor Maldonado. I mean, he shows horrid pace all weekend in retrospect to Bottas, he accuses the team of sabotaging his car, he gets caught up in many incidents, including one with Sutil, nearly takes his wing off, slow, and his attitude torwards the team and everything related to them are just plainly criminal, selfish acts to pitifully try to convince himself of his speed and talent. Bottas finished 8th, and now has 80% of William's scored points. If that doesn't get ROTR by default, I will be left thinking...
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

1. Pastor Maldonaldo: Bad additude, bad race, and destroyed by his teammate.

2. Jenson Button: That should teach McLaren for getting rid of Perez.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Gotta be Maldonado for mouthing off about how he's so much bigger than the team then doing THAT. Please Lotus, don't sign him.

Dishonorable mention to Gutierrez - terrible block in qually and a messy race, hopefully Sauber can sign the other Mexican for next year.

Don't really see what Button or Massa did terribly wrong, especiallyy compared to those two.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Maldonado: Not because your comments, but because the poor weekend. Bottas score four points, while Maldonado crashed in first lap and got lapped.

Special Mention:

Mark Webber: Had the opportunity to outbrakes Vettel in first corner and... he just blew it! C'mon Mark, its one of your last races in F1 and you continue to be so passive!? Glad to see him retiring.

Jenson Button: He's the one that should be fired, not Perez!

Force India: Sutil crashes in first lap, wrong strategy for Di Resta and 0 points.

Massa Strategist: Poor, poor strategy.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

- Pastor Maldonado: Outperformed by Bottas alll weekend long, makes stupid accusations of Williams sabotaging his car, crashes into Sutil on the opening lap, and refuses to pit until they show him the black/orange flag.

-Gutierrez: Ruined a good qualifying performance by getting himself a 10 place penalty. Was nowhere near Hülkenberg, and then that last lap collision. You have to wait until after the race if you want to do some donuts.

Or, more generally, give it to the deadbeat teammates: Rosberg, Button, Massa, Kovalainen, Gutierrez, Maldonado and Chilton.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Quite simply, Pastor Maldonado. Poor qualifying, being a complete arsehat with comments about the team and then spending the race either crashing or being slow. This weekend really has proved that he is still as much of a liability as ever.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Maldonado. Absolutely dead-beat as well.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Maldonado in one of the easiest RotR decisions in a while. Knocked out in Q1 whilst Bottas made Q3. Accused the team of sabotaging him. Finished 17th with is team mate 8th. Fastest lap 3 seconds slower than Bottas'.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Enforcer wrote:Maldonado in one of the easiest RotR decisions in a while. Knocked out in Q1 whilst Bottas made Q3. Accused the team of sabotaging him. Finished 17th with is team mate 8th. Fastest lap 3 seconds slower than Bottas'.

But....but......he.....HE WAS SABOTAGED !!!! :evil:
-*:-
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Jocke1 wrote:
Enforcer wrote:Maldonado in one of the easiest RotR decisions in a while. Knocked out in Q1 whilst Bottas made Q3. Accused the team of sabotaging him. Finished 17th with is team mate 8th. Fastest lap 3 seconds slower than Bottas'.

But....but......he.....HE WAS SABOTAGED !!!! :evil:

This weekend, Maldonado sounded like a broken Beastie Boys record...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

I'd like to coin a new phrase:

Sabotage-Gate.
RAK

Post by RAK »

Pastor Maldonado: If he gets the Lotus seat ahead of Hulkenberg, it will be a travesty. An atrocious weekend, full of whining and unprofessionalism.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

Maldonado. A reject-like weekend from the moment the fog cleared on Friday morning. He was absolutely nowhere where it mattered, and everywhere where he wasn't needed to be.
However I wouldn't go as far as to agree with rachel1990, that Wolff needs to be put in the car at Interlagos. It's just one weekend. If it's really that bad, put a Nasr or a Juncadella in there. I'm not sexist, but clearly these drivers are younger and more talented than Wolff....
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Ataxia wrote:Pastor Maldonado gets my vote; he whinged, he moaned, and he tried to give everyone the impression that he was better than the team. However, the only real problem was him; he drove very poorly all weekend.

Seconded. Word for word.
Just For One Day...
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

wsrgo wrote:Maldonado. A reject-like weekend from the moment the fog cleared on Friday morning.

Maybe the fog never cleared in his head?
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Maldolan: y u do dis maldolan? We know that Williams is going to put all their focus on Bottas now and that they're going to screw you over, but that was still a poor display regardless. Still deserves the Lotus seat more than Kovalainen or Hulkenberg, but if this race is your only reference, that's clearly not the case.
The Tire Compounds: Holy crap that race was boring, and two of my favorite drivers went 1-2 in that race. I took a nap midway through the race, woke up, wasn't surprised by the results. PIRELLI! PLEASE! Bring back the Silverstone tire compounds!!!
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

This one was way too easy

1) Pastor Maldonado: Without PDVSA money, without a drive for 2014, without a brain... Typical Pastor being Pastor.

2) The Grumpy Seconds of F1: Except the brilliant Valteri Bottas, Webber, JB, Felipinho, Rosberg, Gutiérrez, Kovy... all of them got really bad luck or just sucked all weekend.

Dishonorable mentions to Martin Whitmarsh (you sacked the wrong driver, you puppet!!), and Lewis Hamilton (doing your best impersonation of Kimi - ranting on the radio - isn't helping)

The BS and RotY Phrase of the Year Awardgoes to Pastor Maldonado for Sabotage-Gate: it sounded funny, but that was truly stupid, Reverend!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

wsrgo wrote:However I wouldn't go as far as to agree with rachel1990, that Wolff needs to be put in the car at Interlagos. It's just one weekend. If it's really that bad, put a Nasr or a Juncadella in there. I'm not sexist, but clearly these drivers are younger and more talented than Wolff....

If I were in charge, everybody here knows I would let Susie have the drive at Interlagos. It's for just one race, and it would shut me up over whether she is the next big talent or not.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

dr-baker wrote:
wsrgo wrote:However I wouldn't go as far as to agree with rachel1990, that Wolff needs to be put in the car at Interlagos. It's just one weekend. If it's really that bad, put a Nasr or a Juncadella in there. I'm not sexist, but clearly these drivers are younger and more talented than Wolff....

If I were in charge, everybody here knows I would let Susie have the drive at Interlagos. It's for just one race, and it would shut me up over whether she is the next big talent or not.

Seconded
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

dr-baker wrote:

She would pull a Sarrazin.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Jocke1 wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

She would pull a Sarrazin.

I assume that's because Sarrazin's only GP was in Brazil in 1999? Difference being that was round 2 back then
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
I assume that's because Sarrazin's only GP was in Brazil in 1999? Difference being that was round 2 back then

I meant more like spinning seven times...
http://youtu.be/kvTdm1YmT1o
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Jocke1 wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

I meant more like spinning seven times...
http://youtu.be/kvTdm1YmT1o

Impressive. Did Stephane have any F1 experience then because if he didn't I don't expect Wolff to do it considering she does all the aero work
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote: Impressive. Did Stephane have any F1 experience then

http://www.f1rejects.com/drivers/sarraz ... raphy.html
andrew2209

Post by andrew2209 »

Stephané Sarirzan really deserved more than 1 race in F1.

Back on topic, ROTR for Pastor Maldonado for being a deadbeat compared to Bottas, and just for his bad atittude.
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Pastor Maldonado - trounced by his teammate all weekend, blamed it on sabotage - involved in 1st corner crash, finished last of the established teams.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

I'm beginning to wonder if me and many others are being unreasonably harsh on Maldonado - after all, Rosberg, Mansell and Prost all said similar things about Honda in 1985/87/89 respectively when they were all losing Honda power for the following season. Then again they're three legends of the sport, and well, Maldonado isn't. :)
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
mario

Post by mario »

pi314159 wrote:- Pastor Maldonado: Outperformed by Bottas alll weekend long, makes stupid accusations of Williams sabotaging his car, crashes into Sutil on the opening lap, and refuses to pit until they show him the black/orange flag.

-Gutierrez: Ruined a good qualifying performance by getting himself a 10 place penalty. Was nowhere near Hülkenberg, and then that last lap collision. You have to wait until after the race if you want to do some donuts.

Or, more generally, give it to the deadbeat teammates: Rosberg, Button, Massa, Kovalainen, Gutierrez, Maldonado and Chilton.

In the case of Maldonado getting the black and orange flag, that appears to have been down to the team rather than Maldonado - it appears that they were trying to leave Maldonado out for long enough for them to combine a front wing change with a pit stop, but the stewards decided that the risk of the wing collapsing was too great and forced them to change the wing before then.

Still, I would agree that Maldonado's performance this weekend was woeful - awful pace, lashing out at the team in an unwarranted manner and generally making the headlines for all the wrong reasons that weekend. It was very much a case of if it could go wrong, it did...

As for honourable mentions, I guess that Sutil deserves a nomination too - handily beaten by di Resta in qualifying before getting involved in a first lap shunt that he tried to shift onto Maldonado when what little we saw of the incident suggested it was Sutil that turned into Maldonado. Button, too, deserves a similar nomination - even without his penalty for passing under a red flag in practise, he was beaten by Perez in qualifying and finished over half a minute behind him in the race.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

James1978 wrote:I'm beginning to wonder if me and many others are being unreasonably harsh on Maldonado - after all, Rosberg, Mansell and Prost all said similar things about Honda in 1985/87/89 respectively when they were all losing Honda power for the following season. Then again they're three legends of the sport, and well, Maldonado isn't. :)

Difference was, Honda did actually come out and say that that was the case. Or, at least, they did with Prost...
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.