F1RSTC 2016-2017--Round of Durham Tees (Page 5)

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Onxy Wrecked

Re: F1RSTC 2016-2017--Buenos Aires Qualifying (Page 4)

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

The Onyx cars are Mustangs, but the traits of both Mustangs and Holdens are similar... high top speed and less than ideal grip.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

go_Rubens wrote:
RonDenisDeletraz wrote:How the bathplug was Hector not on the DNQ list

I'm still trying to figure out why one of my M3s was soooo slow. Nearly to the point of DNQ! And the other one got through to Q2.

The thing is,xkoranate is often over-randomed it it's script. That's something I've been trying and attempting to fix, but that was mainly an attempt to get the cars to match their performance stats, like HOLDEN POWER trashing everyone on Akrotiri Bay-like tracks, while the Alfas and Lancias would dominate at tight,twisty tracks.

I cannot fix anything teammate-wise,maybe dependent on stats, but it's randomised to the point where results seem possible, but not to the point where anyone will be thoroughly consistent,finishing on the podium every race. Race results are definitely more randomised,but once again to the point of realism, including DNFs.

Speaking of race results, preparing for tutorials has caused the release of race results to be delayed to next week,but the race has already been run.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

F1RSTC Official Race Report--Race 2: Round of Buenos Aires

Code: Select all

Round of Buenos Aires (29 Laps)
 1 Jiri Komárek (Pulsar-Sierra)                           55:40.555
 2 Jasper Lerby (Mazzacane-Mercedes)                      55:49.103
 3 Domenico Nicchi (Crusaders-Volvo)                      56:19.578
 4 Claude Ronald de Silva II (RK Motorsports-Nissan)      56:26.294
 5 Fernando Costas (Union Saver-M3)                       56:28.311
 6 David Anderson (RK Motorsports-Nissan)                 56:29.979
 7 Dean Melville (ZimSport-Holden)                        56:32.499
 8 Eduardo Alimento (Restov-Mercedes)                     56:36.665
 9 Carl Jordan (Tassie-Rover)                             56:43.039
10 Norman McHugh (Gregg Racing-Alfa)                      56:44.576
11 Andrew Hector (Volvo Europe-Volvo)                     56:45.181
12 Arthur Daniels (Globex Scorpio-Holden)                 56:45.416

13 Asmir Landovic (Restov-Mercedes)                       56:47.659
14 Hjalmar Bergenheim (Onyx-Mustang)                      56:53.024
15 Martin McGovern (Lavezzi Corse-Nissan)                 56:53.728
16 Helena Bertinelli (Euromotor-M635CSi)                  56:54.451
17 Etsuko Hayase (Vega Co,Ltd.-Mazda)                     56:59.071
18 Lorenzo Crescenzi (Lavezzi Corse-Nissan)               57:02.420
19 Sope Stever (Plus One-Jaguar)                          57:06.868
20 Allistair McHale (Union Saver-M3)                      57:12.079
21 Antonio Menzache (Loyer-Jaguar)                        57:12.432
22 Sam Baronomo (Tassie-Rover)                            57:22.919
23 David Tenpecost (GenTenp-Lancia)                       57:29.440
24 Daniel Wenroth (Euromotor-M635CSi)                     57:41.491
25 Juan Jose Rendon (Nimbus-Sierra)                       57:47.923

26 Leandro Moreira (Pulsar-Sierra)                           -1 lap
27 Veli Waltari (Rob Lomas-Supra)                            -1 lap
28 Markus van der Schoot (Volvo Europe-Volvo)                -1 lap
 - Thomas Westenberg (Hunter-Rover)                      DNF lap 19
   John Cunningham (ZimSport-Holden)                     DNF lap 18
   Kazuki Hisakawa (Hunter-Rover)                        DNF lap 17
   Johnny Boudermann (Globex Scorpio-Holden)             DNF lap 16
   Aaron Bellman (Lancia UK-Lancia)                      DNF lap 12
   Gonzalo Solari (Douglas-Cliff-Supra)                  DNF lap 10
   Hilton Blain (Hilton Blain-Alfa)                      DNF lap 10
   José Pablo Mazzacane (Mazzacane-Mercedes)              DNF lap 9

Clément Grandmaison (Henri Racing-M3)                  DNF lap 8
   Kalliope Spiros (Onyx-Mustang)                         DNF lap 7
   Hubert Loyer (Loyer-Jaguar)                            DNF lap 7
   Jan van der Maeyede (Plus One-Jaguar)                  DNF lap 2
   Tommy Morton (M.O.T-M635CSi)                           DNF lap 1
   Jukka-Pekka Kankaanpää (Henri Racing-M3)               DNF lap 1

Doing my old,regular race report will take up too much time, so I'll look at some plus points and the negative signs of the race:

Positives:

Good Day: RK Motorsports--Solid run for them, especially Claude Ronald de Silva II, who put on an amazing race, and could have finished higher had the team not elected for the one-pitstop strategy. Fastest lap for him helps,while Anderson played his part, scoring some solid points for themselves. Only downside was Anderson sending Thomas Westenberg slowly into the wall when a two-too-tight situation occured in the infield,but it was mostly just a racing incident.

Very Good Day: Carl Jordan--Took advantage of every single shenannigan on track, broke away from tight battles that slowed others down and took advantage of the massive scrap from 9th to 13th to come out on top after it all went wrong at turn 5 on the final lap. Good job and some seriously impressive driving, but not as impressive as...

Super Good Day: Jiri Komárek--The Czech deserves this victory,and it's one to savour. Right off the bat, he took advantage from the confusion after Jan van der Maeyede's second engine blowout in three racing laps,climbing to 15th, and then used that whale of a tail of the Sierra to pull himself through the draft of everyone else. He took a gamble by not pitting,which is saying something of the Sierra's tyre wear issues as everyone else was content on zero stops. Somehow, Komarek made it too the lead,pulled away for five laps as Jasper Lerby stayed cool behind,imagining a pitstop was surely going to happen. It didn't, and Komárek cruised to victory,ableit on rims rather than tyres.

Negatives

Bad Day: Leandro Moreira,Markus van der Schoot and Veli Waltari--These three drivers, along with John Cunningham, were what they are to this race as was Chris Hamrick was to WWF. Exciting,unique and definitely getting the crowd on the edge of their seat, but were terrible in every other aspect,namely speed, and their battle slowed them down so much that they ended a lap down.

Very Bad Day: Tommy Morton and Jukka-Pekka Kankampää-- These two got their start all messed up. Sure, Jukka-Pekka (not bothered with spelling the surname) got away to a flyer,being ahead of Tommy Morton heading into the infield. Morton tried to retaliate into Tobogan but ended up spinning out Jukka-Pekka,who slid back onto the track and into Morton. The resulting pile-up of backmarkers gave many damage.some of whom would retire later on,like Cunningham or,more directly Loyer. It would ony be right to give Reject of the Race to Morton for that silly dive on the first lap,but someone else had a worse day,all down to pure luck...

Super Bad Day: Lorenzo Crescenzi--When will this guy get a break?! Tapped on the back into turn 1,falls to fifth. Falls to eigth after lap 1. Climbs back to third,only to see Asmir Landovic and Dean Melville make contact into turn 3, gets the crap scared out of him and runs into the grass,which sent him to tenth as Landovic saved it to fifteenth and Melville ninth by lap 8. Jose Pablo Mazzacane blows up in his face next lap,loses a few more positions. Catches debris from an otherwise hilarious,slapstick collision between Hilton Blain and Gonzalo Solari that relegates him to twenteith.Climbs to fifteenth, but gets caught out by Hjalmar Bergenheim tapping teammate Martin McGovern in the hairpin on lap 23, resultant accordion effect collision drops him back to twenteith and is only able to climb back up to eighteenth,out of the points. Once again, when will this guy ever get lucky in F1RSTC?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to time constraints (again), full championship standings have been delayed.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

DemocalypseNow

Re: F1RSTC 2016-2017--Round of Buenos Aires (Page 4)

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Andrea Sassetti wrote:We will be changing drivers for the next event. Lorenzo has asked to go home, he's very unhappy with the series, and in fairness, we really can't blame him. I can't think of a driver with worse luck than Lorenzo in F1RSTC. He'll maybe do some Porsche races here and there, but mostly he'll focus his energy on a charge for the RTCC title next year.

From the next race, we'll be drafting in Natalia Valenti to replace him. She also has tintop experience, so we hope she'll fit in quickly, even if she hasn't driven a 4WD touring car before.

Valenti will retain the same stats as Crescenzi. I decided to take Lorenzo out, as it seems a bit unrealistic a human being could survive such crushing depression!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Jukka-Pekka Kankaanpää wrote:A "Very Bad Day" perrectly describes today. And it looks like Clément had another car failure. Overall, hell, I won't go there!

Clément Grandmaison wrote:Je n'aime pas conduire dans une voiture avec une fiabilité horrible. Mais je vois la saison sur. J'ai juste besoin d'expérience. Même si je n'aime pas ma position en ce moment.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
simonracer

Post by simonracer »

Hilton Blain wrote:I'm not really sure what happened with that other car. My engine let go, and I started to pull off onto the grass on the side of the road, when someone ran into the side of me. He must have gone off on the oil or something, I don't know. Probably just one of those things.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I swear my two drivers swapped talent levels this weekend
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Apologies everyone,but I cannot run the race this weekend. As evidenced in my sig,JC takes up a lot of time,and I'll probably need to ride it out for a while before I can even find the dedication, let alone the time needed to run this series. Don't worry,it'll soldier on,just at a slower pace than before.However, there is still enough time for me to post some new.

Before each race,due to the increasing multitude of series involved,I'll post a list of driver changes that have been scheduled to take place on that race as well as all clashing series so that drivers in F1RSTC and in those series can make the necessary changes. Races in other series already run will be highlighted in red to indicate that you must change your driver in the case of clashing commitments. I will not post if your driver is competing in a clashing series,as I feel that should be your responsibility to note,not mine. If there is no confirmation with team owners beforehand,the race will be run with only the driver changes shown.

Driver Changes and Clashes for the Round of Durham

CONFIRMED Driver changes:

#2--Lavezzi Corse--Natalia Valenti IN, Lorenzo Crescenzi OUT
#33--High Performance Racing--Verna Klein IN, Alvin Ziegler OUT
#42--Henri Racing Technologies--Wim-Bert Horrie IN,Jukka-Pekka Kankaanpää OUT

CLASHING SERIES:

F2RWRS Chinese Grand Prix--Zhuhai
GTRWC Round of China--Zhuhai
F1RICS Holden Grand Prix of Australia--Surfers Paradise
Nobushige Fukuda Memorial Trophy--Autopolis
RRC Round of Yorkshire--Croft
PRC Fall Race of Fuji--Fuji
Last edited by WaffleCat on 20 Mar 2014, 08:50, edited 1 time in total.

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Jukka-Pekka Kankaanpää will be out of the #42 Henri M3 for the round of Durham Tees, being at the Nobushige Fukuda Memorial Trophy. A replacement will be announced soon.

EDIT: His replacement.

#42 Wim-Bert Horrie (NED)
Stats: Speed 6 - Cornering 7
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

A GENTLE REMINDER:

Qualifying for the Round of Durham will be up tommorrow. If any driver changes from the previous round that you intend to make are not up on the previous post, do remind me right now. Thank you, and let's spring some life back into this series.

WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

F1RSTC Official Race Reports: Round of Durham--Qualifying

TRACK MAP & INFO

MAP

The F1RSTC is a unique league, as most of its rounds are held on tracks rarely seen,if ever seen in any other RWRS series, and the Durham Tees Valley Airport Circuit is just one such example, with permission given by airport owners to cancel flights and let the RSTC race around its runways and taxiways in the hopes of making a few bucks. The track itself is a beauty, from a Finnish designer who has had several great concepts for tracks, yet this is the only one that has been put into use…yet. The circuit starts with a long main straight, so long that all 48 cars can fit in the pitlane on the adjacent side of the runway,leaving no DNQS for this round. However, all 42 cars have to funnel from the wide-entry/narrow-middle/tight exit turn 1 and two chicane. The track loops across the runway as cars pick up speed through 3 and 4. A brief right-lift flick leaves them out on a long straight before a devilish turn 7, a turn that starts out as a fast kink but gradually decreases radius into a slow sweeper. Turn 8 is not much kinder,coming immediately after,necessitating a change in direction and further braking onto a temporary bit of asphalt laid specially for the race. This makes turns 7 and 8 a tight and tricky corner combination to master.

Turns 9,10,11 and are taken flat out as a fast esses section,which culminates in turn 12, a fast right that may demand a lift off the throttle from some of the more unstable of cars.The track rising slightly does not help matters,as heavy braking is required for turn 13, a slow,2nd gear hairpin that could be an overtaking spot. Turn 14 leads off the second bit of temporary asphalt onto the back straight, which is really wide as it is Durham's other runway. The long,long straight ends with a tight left,turn 15,the best overtaking opportunity on the track,before a slight right leads cars back onto the main straight to complete a lap at Durham Airport.

Qualifying 1

Round of Durham--Qualifying 1
 1 José Pablo Mazzacane (Mazzacane-Mercedes)          1:30.464
 2 Eduardo Alimento (Restov-Mercedes)                 1:30.565
 3 Jasper Lerby (Mazzacane-Mercedes)                  1:30.569
 4 Clément Grandmaison (Henri Racing-M3)              1:30.756
 5 Jan van der Maeyede (Plus One-Jaguar)              1:30.849
 6 Fernando Costas (Union Saver-M3)                   1:30.887
 7 Wim-Bert Horrie (Henri Racing-M3)                  1:30.926
 8 Asmir Landovic (Restov-Mercedes)                   1:30.935
 9 Claude Ronald de Silva II (RK Motorsports-Nissan)  1:30.953
10 Norman McHugh (Gregg Racing-Alfa)                  1:30.965
11 Aaron Bellman (Lancia UK-Lancia)                   1:30.977
12 David Tenpecost (GenTenp-Lancia)                   1:31.012

13 Domenico Nicchi (Crusaders-Volvo)                  1:31.051
14 Antonio Menzache (Loyer-Jaguar)                    1:31.054
15 Jiri Komárek (Pulsar-Sierra)                       1:31.094
16 Tommy Morton (M.O.T-M635CSi)                       1:31.154
17 Etsuko Hayase (Vega Co,Ltd.-Mazda)                 1:31.161
18 Thomas Westenberg (Hunter-Rover)                   1:31.171
19 Daniel Wenroth (Euromotor-M635CSi)                 1:31.341
20 Natalia Valenti (Lavezzi Corse-Nissan)             1:31.370
21 Hilton Blain (Hilton Blain-Alfa)                   1:31.377
22 Sam Baronomo (Tassie-Rover)                        1:31.409
23 David Anderson (RK Motorsports-Nissan)             1:31.434
24 Peter Seliga (Gregg Racing-Alfa)                   1:31.459
-------------^INTO Q2------------

25 Hubert Loyer (Loyer-Jaguar)                        1:31.485
26 Arthur Daniels (Globex Scorpio-Holden)             1:31.488
27 Leandro Moreira (Pulsar-Sierra)                    1:31.549
28 Sope Stever (Plus One-Jaguar)                      1:31.574
29 Kalliope Spiros (Onyx-Mustang)                     1:31.578
30 John Cunningham (ZimSport-Holden)                  1:31.595
31 Juan Jose Rendon (Nimbus-Sierra)                   1:31.698
32 Allistair McHale (Union Saver-M3)                  1:31.738
33 Markus van der Schoot (Volvo Europe-Volvo)         1:31.763
34 Julian Clark (H.P.R-Mazda)                         1:31.764
35 Johnny Boudermann (Globex Scorpio-Holden)          1:31.810
36 Dean Melville (ZimSport-Holden)                    1:31.812
37 Hjalmar Bergenheim (Onyx-Mustang)                  1:31.852

38 Martin McGovern (Lavezzi Corse-Nissan)             1:31.938
39 Carl Jordan (Tassie-Rover)                         1:32.007
40 Gonzalo Solari (Douglas-Cliff-Supra)               1:32.398
41 Dan Blackman (Rob Lomas-Supra)                     1:32.479
42 Verna Klien (H.P.R-Mazda)                          1:32.564
43 Kazuki Hisakawa (Hunter-Rover)                     1:32.729
44 Veli Waltari (Rob Lomas-Supra)                     1:32.915
45 Andrew Hector (Volvo Europe-Volvo)                 1:33.268
46 Helena Bertinelli (Euromotor-M635CSi)              1:33.722
47 Steve White (Urusus-Mustang)                       1:34.065
48 Pierre Depault (Douglas-Cliff Supra)               1:35.788

First qualifying saw the traditional British weather pattern appear: overcast with a drizzle of rain. This left some cars weeping, like poor Kazuki Hisakawa who would probably do fine in his native country's drifting contests the way his Rover handled, but in F1RSTC, that's only enough to place you ahead of the Douglas-Cliff guys. Similarly, Martin McGovern, Helena Bertinelli and Steve White all gambled on the waiting game on dry setups, but the dry never really appeared and down the grid they go, especially White in his Mustang, who is only spared from total humiliation knowing Pierre Depault will always perform worse than whatever he did. However, a few people were loving the damp track, especially Wim-Bert Horrie, replacing Henri Racing Technologies main driver, whose name I shall not pronounce or spell in the fear that doing so may give me a stutter, and he seemed almost at home. However, if Horrie felt at home, the Mercedes felt like as if they were in their bedroom. Perfectly comfortable and perfectly stable, only a whiff of effort was needed to guide the Mercs to the top 3 in Q1, with the ever dominant Jose Pablo Mazzacane leading the way. However,the skies parted, the sun shined, and damp turned into bone dry for Q2. And were there some surprises in store...

Round of Durham--Qualifying 2
 1 Natalia Valenti (Lavezzi Corse-Nissan)             1:29.231
 2 Jan van der Maeyede (Plus One-Jaguar)              1:29.543
 3 Claude Ronald de Silva II (RK Motorsports-Nissan)  1:29.556
 4 Jasper Lerby (Mazzacane-Mercedes)                  1:29.584
 5 Tommy Morton (M.O.T-M635CSi)                       1:29.646
 6 Daniel Wenroth (Euromotor-M635CSi)                 1:29.703
 7 Wim-Bert Horrie (Henri Racing-M3)                  1:29.824
 8 Jiri Komárek (Pulsar-Sierra)                       1:30.029
 9 Aaron Bellman (Lancia UK-Lancia)                   1:30.168
10 Peter Seliga (Gregg Racing-Alfa)                   1:30.199
11 José Pablo Mazzacane (Mazzacane-Mercedes)          1:30.340
12 Thomas Westenberg (Hunter-Rover)                   1:30.609

13 Clément Grandmaison (Henri Racing-M3)              1:30.732
14 Sam Baronomo (Tassie-Rover)                        1:30.964
15 David Anderson (RK Motorsports-Nissan)             1:31.306
16 David Tenpecost (GenTenp-Lancia)                   1:31.457
17 Antonio Menzache (Loyer-Jaguar)                    1:31.553
18 Fernando Costas (Union Saver-M3)                   1:32.121
19 Domenico Nicchi (Crusaders-Volvo)                  1:32.243
20 Hilton Blain (Hilton Blain-Alfa)                   1:34.461
21 Eduardo Alimento (Restov-Mercedes)                 1:34.715
22 Asmir Landovic (Restov-Mercedes)                   1:34.728
23 Norman McHugh (Gregg Racing-Alfa)                  1:35.841
24 Etsuko Hayase (Vega Co,Ltd.-Mazda)                 1:38.349

For the second race in a row, the #2 Lavezzi Corse Nissan made its way to the front row. However, only the car and team were the constants coming from Buenos Aires. After a horrible race, Lorenzo Crescenzi pulled the equivalent of a 'screw this,I'm outta here' and understandably so,given his horrid luck in the series. The team drafted in Natalia Valenti to take over, and no one really expected much from her. That is,until after 4:45 p.m on October 22nd, 2016. She drove superbly in the dry conditions and plonked the car on pole well ahead of Jan van der Maeyede's Jaguar in second place, with Claude Ronald de Silva II in third. Jasper Lerby continues his dominant run by qualifying fourth, with Tommy Morton fifth, Daniel Wenroth sixth, Horrie continuing to be the super-sub in seventh and Jiri Komarek in eighth. However, be aware that this is just qualifying. There's still 150 km on Sunday to go...

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Horrie is looking like a good sub right now. Maybe we made the right call.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Apologies for the lateness (again, for the 22nd time by now), and with time not on my side, there's been no time for F1RSTC. Hell, not even enough time for a proper race report, so here are the results, a basic summary of what happened and craft everything else as you go along

Round of Durham--Race (34 Laps)
 1 Eduardo Alimento (Restov-Mercedes)                     57:00.178
 2 Hubert Loyer (Loyer-Jaguar)                            57:34.100
 3 Clément Grandmaison (Henri Racing-M3)                  57:35.481
 4 Fernando Costas (Union Saver-M3)                       57:50.142
 5 Hilton Blain (Hilton Blain-Alfa)                       58:01.950
 6 Johnny Boudermann (Globex Scorpio-Holden)              58:02.126
 7 Arthur Daniels (Globex Scorpio-Holden)                 58:08.292
 8 Daniel Wenroth (Euromotor-M635CSi)                     58:14.336
 9 Jiri Komárek (Pulsar-Sierra)                           58:16.839
10 Leandro Moreira (Pulsar-Sierra)                        58:21.070
11 Kalliope Spiros (Onyx-Mustang)                         58:25.328
12 Etsuko Hayase (Vega Co,Ltd.-Mazda)                     58:42.685

13 Sope Stever (Plus One-Jaguar)                             -1 lap
14 Markus van der Schoot (Volvo Europe-Volvo)                -1 lap
15 Verna Klien (H.P.R-Mazda)                                 -1 lap
16 Veli Waltari (Rob Lomas-Supra)                            -1 lap
17 Carl Jordan (Tassie-Rover)                                -1 lap
18 Martin McGovern (Lavezzi Corse-Nissan)                    -1 lap
19 Kazuki Hisakawa (Hunter-Rover)                            -1 lap
20 Juan Jose Rendon (Nimbus-Sierra)                          -1 lap
21 Gonzalo Solari (Douglas-Cliff-Supra)                      -1 lap
22 Steve White (Urusus-Mustang)                              -1 lap
23 Dan Blackman (Rob Lomas-Supra)                            -1 lap
24 Pierre Depault (Douglas-Cliff Supra)                      -1 lap
25 Julian Clark (H.P.R-Mazda)                                -1 lap

- Aaron Bellman (Lancia UK-Lancia)                      DNF lap 31
   Claude Ronald de Silva II (RK Motorsports-Nissan)     DNF lap 30
   Wim-Bert Horrie (Henri Racing-M3)                     DNF lap 28
   José Pablo Mazzacane (Mazzacane-Mercedes)             DNF lap 27
   Norman McHugh (Gregg Racing-Alfa)                     DNF lap 26
   Helena Bertinelli (Euromotor-M635CSi)                 DNF lap 26
   Sam Baronomo (Tassie-Rover)                           DNF lap 25
   Tommy Morton (M.O.T-M635CSi)                          DNF lap 23
   Natalia Valenti (Lavezzi Corse-Nissan)                DNF lap 22
   Andrew Hector (Volvo Europe-Volvo)                    DNF lap 22
   Hjalmar Bergenheim (Onyx-Mustang)                     DNF lap 22
   Domenico Nicchi (Crusaders-Volvo)                     DNF lap 19

Antonio Menzache (Loyer-Jaguar)                       DNF lap 19
   Dean Melville (ZimSport-Holden)                       DNF lap 14
   John Cunningham (ZimSport-Holden)                     DNF lap 14
   David Anderson (RK Motorsports-Nissan)                DNF lap 12
   Jan van der Maeyede (Plus One-Jaguar)                 DNF lap 11
   Allistair McHale (Union Saver-M3)                     DNF lap 11
   Asmir Landovic (Restov-Mercedes)                       DNF lap 2
   Jasper Lerby (Mazzacane-Mercedes)                      DNF lap 1
   Peter Seliga (Gregg Racing-Alfa)                       DNF lap 1
   Thomas Westenberg (Hunter-Rover)                       DNF lap 1
   David Tenpecost (GenTenp-Lancia)                       DNF lap 1

- Lap one shenanigans was when Westenberg collided with the back of Seliga when the latter braked to avoid a slow-starting Horrie. Tenpecost took to the inside grass to avoid all this, but couldn't stop his car before the first chicane, nailing championship leader Lerby. A safety car understandably followed.

-Alimento was the main beneficiary from the wreck and safety car that followed, and his team made the perfect call when the drizzle arrived. Many people gambled on slicks, but as evidenced from the results, their gambles didn't pay off.

-The #2 Lavezzi Corse Nissan must have been cursed by a witch doctor, even with a different driver at the helm. Natalia Valenti went to pit for her intermediates when she got sideswiped at pit entry by the spinning Hjalmar Bergenheim and Andrew Hector, both backmarkers. Replays showed Hector and Bergenheim going side-by-side in the last turn, where Bergenheim was forced up onto the wet outside kerb on the kink leading to the pit straight, and add that to Hector's pressure and the Mustang having the handling ability of...a Mustang, that led them to spin in the silliest, unnecessary ways possible. The incident is being reviewed,but for now, both Hector and Bergenheim get ROTR for having too hard of a battle in such conditions on slicks in cars that handle worse than Robert Green facing a Clint Dempsey shot on goal. Yes, I did just make a World Cup 2010 reference.

Now for something that didn't appear with the last race results...Points Standings!

Championship Standings (R3/9)(Only Points Scores count as tie-breakers)
1. Jasper Lerby--27
2.Eduardo Alimento--18
3. Jiri Komárek--17
4.Fernando Costas--14
5.Kazuki Hisakawa--12
=.Hubert Loyer--12
7.Markus van der Schoot--10
=. Domenico Nicchi--10
=. Clément Grandmaison--10
10. Jukka-Pekka Kankaanpää--8
=. Claude Ronald de Silva II--8
12. Juan Jose Rendon--6
=. Hilton Blain--6
14. Peter Seliga--5
=. David Anderson--5
=. Johnny Boudermann--5
17. Sam Baronomo--4
=. Dean Melville--4
=. Arthur Daniels--4
20. Sope Stever--3
=. Daniel Wenroth--3
22. Antonio Menzache--2 (1 9th)
=. Carl Jordan--2 (1 9th)
24. Jan van der Maeyede--2 (1 Pole)
=. Lorenzo Crescenzi--2 (1 Pole)
=. Natalia Valenti--2 (1 Pole)
27. Etsuko Hayase--1
=. Norman McHugh--1
=. Leandro Moreira--1

simonracer

Re: F1RSTC 2016-2017--Round of Durham Tees (Page 5)

Post by simonracer »

I'm happy with a 5th place finish.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Here are the clashes in the calendar for the Round of Keimola and the confirmed driver changes. Only the changes in this post reflect actual changes in driver seats. If you need to replace a driver due to clashes or want to edit your change in driver, please state it by Friday if I'm busy, Wednesday if I'm not, and I will edit the list as such.

Driver Changes and Clashes for the Round of Keimola

CONFIRMED Driver changes:

#33--High Performance Racing--Alvin Zeigler IN, Verna Klien OUT
#42--Henri Racing Technologies--Jukka-Pekka Kankaanpää IN, Wim-Bert Horrie OUT

CLASHING SERIES:

F1RWRS Chinese Grand Prix--Guia Circuit
PRC Fall Race of Macau--Guia Circuit
Macau Junior Masters--Guia Circuit
F1RICS Honda Grand Prix of Japan--Suzuka Circuit

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Clément Grandmaison wrote:Oui, un podium! Travail fantastique, les hommes! Ce sera toujours un grand jour!
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Why does everybody on the grid want to murder the driver of the #2 Nissan?! It's becoming quite frustrating... :|

Valenti will stay despite the attempted manslaughter by Andrew Hector.

Image Image
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

David Tenpecost will miss the Luxembourg round. His replacement will be Indonesian Petrus Handoyo, with stats of cornering 10 and 3 speed
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Biscione wrote:Why does everybody on the grid want to murder the driver of the #2 Nissan?! It's becoming quite frustrating... :|

Valenti will stay despite the attempted manslaughter by Andrew Hector.

Hector was intended to be a reject fail driver, glad to see he is fufilling that role :lol:
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Where's the WaffleCat and is the series still alive?
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

The WaffleCat is still here, but unfortunately I cannot run this series on a regular basis anymore. Hell, it may go to the point to which I'll have to cancel the series…something that I don't want to do. I do have a plan,though.

My Mid-Year exams have just started, and by the 19th, they're over. Come July, I'll be back in school. Within that month and a half, I'll try my best to power through with the remainder of the races, but there's no guarantee I can finish it. If I have to cancel some races, I will. There's no guarantee that this will finish, but I guarantee this will continue.

Once again, for the eleventh time, apologies to all involved for the delays.

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

WaffleCat wrote:The WaffleCat is still here, but unfortunately I cannot run this series on a regular basis anymore. Hell, it may go to the point to which I'll have to cancel the series…something that I don't want to do. I do have a plan,though.

My Mid-Year exams have just started, and by the 19th, they're over. Come July, I'll be back in school. Within that month and a half, I'll try my best to power through with the remainder of the races, but there's no guarantee I can finish it. If I have to cancel some races, I will. There's no guarantee that this will finish, but I guarantee this will continue.

Once again, for the eleventh time, apologies to all involved for the delays.

You can send me the xml file and I can do it. I already did this for F1RICS. However, I'll just do the rest of 2016-17 and then leave it alone. You can pick it up again later.

Image Image
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

I exit this series
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

WaffleCat has confirmed this series is no more and the drivers involved here are free to explore other ventures.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"