F1RSTC 2016-2017--Round of Durham Tees (Page 5)

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
simonracer

Re: F1RSTC 2016-2017--Five Spots Left

Post by simonracer »

Team Name: Hilton Blain Racing Team
Car: Alfa Romeo 75 Turbo
Driver 1: #76 Hilton Blain (ENG)
STATS: Speed 3, Cornering 10
WaffleCat

Re: F1RSTC 2016-2017--Three Spots Left

Post by WaffleCat »

Wow,I can't believe the number of drivers entering this series. 39 drivers so far,with still 3 spots remaining! However,this also leads to a problem. As the first race of the season is scheduled to be held at the Spa SuperPrix,there's going to be a long gap inbetween signups and races. So,to combat the wait,I might hold a "test day" where drivers and teams arrive at a race track with the cars to get used to the track and such.

Second, I still need some track submissions. Thanks to the ones who have submitted so far,as there are some great(and not-so great) tracks submitted,but for those who haven't submitted a track yet,you can still submit them in. I would prefer them to be primarily in Europe,as there are not enough tracks there to fill in the calendar,but you can still submit tracks in Asia or Oceania if you think they are better than the tracks submitted for those regions so far. Read the opening post for the Track Submission Template and rules on track submission

Also,GREGG RACING,your ratings are STILL INCORRECT. Also,your delay in changing the ratings means that the Rover SD1 3500 Vitesse you submitted is fully taken. Read the opening post on how to submit ratings and car availability.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Rasmus

Re: F1RSTC 2016-2017--Eight Spots Left

Post by Rasmus »

Rasmus wrote:Veli Walteri stats: 7 speed, 5 cornering, 1 additional on reliability. Looking for a race seat.

Still looking :roll:
Blog about all things motorsport - http://motorsportist.wordpress.com/
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Rasmus wrote:
Rasmus wrote:Veli Walteri stats: 7 speed, 5 cornering, 1 additional on reliability. Looking for a race seat.

Rob Lomas Racing would like to have him in our second car if that is ok with you?

:EDIT:
The second car would be a Toyota Supra if the original poster is cool with that ;)
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Rasmus

Post by Rasmus »

roblomas52 wrote:
Rasmus wrote:

Rob Lomas Racing would like to have him in our second car if that is ok with you?

:EDIT:
The second car would be a Toyota Supra if the original poster is cool with that ;)

That would be great :)
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

roblomas52 wrote::EDIT:

roblomas52 wrote:Team Name:Rob Lomas Racing
Car: Mazda 323

WaffleCat wrote:Teams & Drivers
And,just like last season,only one model of car is allowed per team.

WaffleCat wrote:only one model of car is allowed per team

....next time, roblomas52, READ THE RULES AND GET THEM RIGHT. I can understand if you miss out the rules once,and maybe a reminder is needed,but to do it again is....I have no words. I don't mean to hurt you or insult you,but I just cannot fathom how simple rules cannot be followed despite several reminders.

Also,Rasmus,Waltari can be entered,as long as roblomas gets your entry right.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Team Name: Douglas-Cliff Racing
Car: Toyota Supra Mk3

Driver 1: #55 Gonzalo Solari (ARG)
STATS: Speed 6, Cornering 7

Driver 2: #73 Pierre Depault (GER)
STATS: Speed 2, Cornering 2 (Put the rest of it into reliability because this guy's slow as hell :lol: )

I'll do a proper schedule for the two Douglas boys once I get a good idea of what they're driving later in the year.

EDIT: Screw Douglas, lets have Solari and his #MillionsOfPesos instead :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Wizzie wrote:Team Name: Douglas-Cliff Racing

Driver 1A: #55 Tom Douglas (GBR)
STATS: Speed 7, Cornering 6
Driver 1B: #55 James Douglas (NZL)
STATS: Speed 5, Cornering 8

STATS: Speed 2, Cornering 2 (Put the rest of it into reliability because this guy's slow as hell :lol: )

I'll do a proper schedule for the two Douglas boys once I get a good idea of what they're driving later in the year.

Wizzie,your entry is fine,except for one problem.

For Pierre Depault,he can actually have a maximum of +2 reliability points,as stated in the rules. However,the Supra's stats are such that he will exceed the maximum reliability,hence he can only have +1 reliability. Is that okay with you?

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

WaffleCat wrote:
Wizzie wrote:Team Name: Douglas-Cliff Racing

Driver 1A: #55 Tom Douglas (GBR)
STATS: Speed 7, Cornering 6
Driver 1B: #55 James Douglas (NZL)
STATS: Speed 5, Cornering 8

Wizzie,your entry is fine,except for one problem.

For Pierre Depault,he can actually have a maximum of +2 reliability points,as stated in the rules. However,the Supra's stats are such that he will exceed the maximum reliability,hence he can only have +1 reliability. Is that okay with you?

Aww, but I liked the idea of Pierre finishing every race for the next twenty years but an average of five laps down. :(

But if that's how it has to work, so be it.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Wizzie wrote:Driver 2: #73 Pierre Depault (GER)

Yay, Hector will have someone to fight about last place with :P
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
WaffleCat

Re: F1RSTC 2016-2017--TRACKS NEEDED!

Post by WaffleCat »

Hello.

Two announcements:

1. Once again,this a request to send in racetracks for those that have not already done so. This series involves racing on tracks that you submit.It can be a street circuit or a road course,though road courses are preferred. Also,you can resubmit tracks that the F1RSTC visited last season if you're lazy,but that will count as your only submitted track. Look at the opening post for details and the template.

2.There are still incorrect submissions. ryangregg,your submission is clearly wrong. Your drivers should have 13 ratings points among them,not 15. Also,roblomas52, you can only use one model of car per team.Thus,Waltari will not get a drive unless you correct that mistake.

roblo97

Re: F1RSTC 2016-2017--TRACKS NEEDED!

Post by roblo97 »

WaffleCat wrote:Hello.

Two announcements:

1. Once again,this a request to send in racetracks for those that have not already done so. This series involves racing on tracks that you submit.It can be a street circuit or a road course,though road courses are preferred. Also,you can resubmit tracks that the F1RSTC visited last season if you're lazy,but that will count as your only submitted track. Look at the opening post for details and the template.

2.There are still incorrect submissions. ryangregg,your submission is clearly wrong. Your drivers should have 13 ratings points among them,not 15. Also,roblomas52, you can only use one model of car per team.Thus,Waltari will not get a drive unless you correct that mistake.

Right then, please could both my drivers drive the Toyota Supra for the season?
Thanks
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
FMecha

Re: F1RSTC 2016-2017--TRACKS NEEDED

Post by FMecha »

Track Image:

Track Name: Rome West
Length: 4.65 km
STATS
Speed: 6
Cornering: 5
Lap Record: 1:32

(I know, it is Rome Night from GT2. :))
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
WaffleCat

Re: F1RSTC 2016-2017--TRACKS NEEDED

Post by WaffleCat »

Provisional Calendar for the 2016-2017 Formula 1 Rejects Supet Touring Cup Season*

Pre-Season Test--Circuit Park Zandvoort--Netherlands--July 26-27

Round 1--Spa-Francorchamps--Belgium--September 15-17//Spa SuperPrix
Round 2--Buenos Aires--Argentina--October 7-9//Supports F1RWRS
Round 3--Durham Tees Airport--UK--October 21-23//Supports RRC (almost)
Round 4--Keimola Autodrome--Finland (Vantaa)--October 28-30
Round 5--Luxembourg Street Speedway--Luxembourg--November 11-13
Round 6--Gronigen Airport--Netherlands--November 25-27//Touring Masters at Gronigen. Supports RTCC and Lupos.
Round 7--Rome West--Italy (Rome)--December 2-4
Round 8--Olympic GP--Greece (Athens)--December 9-11
Round 9--Glasgow Park--UK (Glasgow)--December 22-24//Christmas Special.
Round 10--Special Stage Route 11--Hong Kong--January 13-15
Round 11--Clyde River Raceway--Australia (Bateman's Bay)--January 20-22
Round 12--Bathurst--Australia--February 3-5

*Calendar subject to change
-------------------------------------------------

Yep,the provisional calendar has been released. However,the key word in all of that is the word "provisional". You can still submit tracks, and if I deem them worthy to be on the calendar,expect to see some changes in the final calendar that will be released before the Pre-Season test,a test jammed in between a cluster of events at Circuit Park Zandvoort that should be easily accessible to drivers competing in other leagues.

Also,a note on the races. The Spa SuperPrix is a 200 km long race,rounded up to the nearest lap. The Christmas Special is also a 200 km long event,that hosts a race on Christmas Eve,and plans are already underway to ship Christmas Decorations to Glasgow for the festivities. The season finale at Bathurst will be 250 km long,so get ready for an endurance race,and finally the Touring Masters at Gronigen is 175 km long. All the other events are 150 km in distance.

Also,with the recent expansion of Rob Lomas Racing to two cars,this time correctly, we have a staggering 42 cars on the entry list. This poses a problem. Some places,like Clyde River,Bathurst and Spa (just about) have large enough pit facilities to host this amount of cars. But on street circuits like Luxembourg and Athens,being able to squeeze 42 cars in a pitlane will be trying to squeeze 42 people in a Mini. Hence, there will have to be some...DNQs here and there. I will determine by using the size of the pit straight.

That's all for now.Let me know if you have any doubts or issues or whatevernots.

pi314159

Re: F1RSTC 2016-2017--Provisional Calendar & Other Info(Page

Post by pi314159 »

Well, I'm being lazy, and would like to submit my track design from last year again. I think it as Auckland Raceway or something like that.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Is there a grid spot still open?

If so I would like to enter the following team:
Team Name: High Performance Racing
Car: Mazda 323 GTX

Driver 1: #33 Verna Klien
Stats: Speed 7 Cornering 5

Driver 2: #23 Catalina Zhang
Stats: Speed 5 Cornering 7

Thanks

EDIT: Change driver lineups
EDIT: Change #3 to #33
Last edited by V8fan12 on 02 Dec 2013, 04:29, edited 8 times in total.
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Track Image:
Track Name: Seoul Central Street Circuit
Length: 1.1 km
STATS
Speed: 8
Cornering: 4
Lap Record: 39.498s

:mrgreen:
Trump 2016
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

V8fan12, #3 is already taken by Jan van de Maeyede for Plus One,so you'll have to find another number. Check the entry list.

Speaking of which,that is the final entry for this series! With a massive 45 drivers (46 if you count Plus One's "TBA),there will have to be DNQs for several races this year,potentially all the street circuits and the more cramped road courses. I will determine the size of the field for each race.

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

The final slot on the grid, the #4 Plus One, will be taken by the enigma that is Sope Stever :)

Driver 2: #4 Sope 'Soapy' Stever
Stats: Speed 5, Cornering 7
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Rasmus

Post by Rasmus »

As I don't see Veli Waltari on the entry list on the Wiki, I just want to make sure, that he is approved to compete in the championship?
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Rasmus wrote:As I don't see Veli Waltari on the entry list on the Wiki, I just want to make sure, that he is approved to compete in the championship?

Yes,he is approved. All drivers appearing in the entry list on the third post of page 1 are approved to compete in at least race 1.If your driver or signup is missing let me know right now.

Also,with the formation of the PRC,be careful if you're entering F1RSTC drivers in there,as races 5 and 6 of the PRC clash with rounds 3 and 4 of the F1RSTC respectively. If you plan to enter a driver into both series,nominate a replacement for those two races in either the PRC or the F1RSTC,depending on which series you are focusing on.

The pre-season test will occur December 27th,and hopefully get the first race done early Jan.

V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

V8fan12 wrote:Is there a grid spot still open?

If so I would like to enter the following team:
Team Name: High Performance Racing
Car: Mazda 323 GTX

Driver 1: #33 Verna Klien
Stats: Speed 7 Cornering 5

Driver 2: #23 Catalina Zhang
Stats: Speed 5 Cornering 7

Thanks

EDIT: Change driver lineups
EDIT: Change #3 to #33

Changes to my entry:

Team Name: Mazda Team HPR
Driver 1: #23 to be shared between Clark and Zhang (see stats below)
Driver 2: #33 Verna Klien (Austria) running full schedule (same stats as above)

Stats for drivers in car #23
Driver 1A Julian Clark (UK) speed 7 cornering 5 (Rounds 1-5)
Driver 1B Catalina Zhang (China) speed 5 cornering 7 (Rounds 6-12)

Thanks

EDIT: are you allowed to have 4 drivers share a car?
EDIT: #23 cut down to 3 drivers.
EDIT: #23 cut down to 2 drivers.
Last edited by V8fan12 on 23 Dec 2013, 21:12, edited 3 times in total.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

V8fan12 wrote:EDIT: are you allowed to have 4 drivers share a car?

Under normal circumstances, no, but if you have drivers with conflicting schedules, then it's more than likely okay if that's the case. Although I will admit I'm not the one who knows or has memorized any rules, so WaffleCat will have to have the final verdict.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

go_Rubens wrote:

Under normal circumstances, no, but if you have drivers with conflicting schedules, then it's more than likely okay if that's the case. Although I will admit I'm not the one who knows or has memorized any rules, so WaffleCat will have to have the final verdict.

Ok. If not, I will try to cut it down to only 2 or 3.

WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

V8fan12 wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:

Ok. If not, I will try to cut it down to only 2 or 3.

Well,there's no such rule around in any series I believe- hell, the Mad Uncle has a different driver for every race in the IFRC- so there's no reason to ban such things. I'll let it pass.

Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

WaffleCat wrote:Well,there's no such rule around in any series I believe- hell, the Mad Uncle has a different driver for every race in the IFRC- so there's no reason to ban such things. I'll let it pass.

F1RWRS has a four-driver rule, and breaching that results in a hefty financial penalty. And thanks to Wizzie's exploits IFRC will have some limitations next year as well. :P
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

WaffleCat wrote:
V8fan12 wrote:Ok. If not, I will try to cut it down to only 2 or 3.

Well,there's no such rule around in any series I believe- hell, the Mad Uncle has a different driver for every race in the IFRC- so there's no reason to ban such things. I'll let it pass.

Ok thanks. However, I have now cut it down to 3 drivers sharing the car (see my previous post above) in order to not get too confusing.

EDIT: I have now revised the driver schedule for car #23 (see post above).

V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

New schedule for HPR due to conflicts and such:

Driver 1: Julian Clark (UK) - Speed 7 Cornering 5 (Rounds 1-5)
Driver 1A: Catalina Zhang (China) - Speed 5 Cornering 7 (Rounds 6-12)

Driver 2: Alvin Ziegler (Germany) - Speed 6 Cornering 6 (All rounds except Round 3)
Driver 2A: Verna Klien (Austria) - Speed 7 Cornering 5 (Round 3 only)

Thank you.

WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

V8fan12 wrote:New schedule for HPR due to conflicts and such:

Driver 2: Alvin Ziegler (Germany) - Speed 6 Cornering 6 (All rounds except Round 3)

Thank you.

You're making more changes to your lineup than there are times Melrose returns to F1RWRS. No, but seriously. If all these changes are due to driver clashes with other series, here's a tip. Go to the original post. Look at the calendar. There, you'll find what series clashes with what rounds. Make necessary changes without too much of a driver merry-go-round.

So,the next change you make will be your FINAL, CONFIRMED LINEUP for the entire season.Please take note.

Also,I'm pretty much set for the pre-season test at Zandvoort,which will be run on the 29th. ALL DRIVERS entering Round 1 are supposed to take part in this session. If you want to let any other driver take someone's place in the test, let me know by then. The test session is run as such:

Day 1:
MORNING--First 14 teams on entry list (up to Onyx).
AFTERNOON--Last 14 teams on entry list (Zimsport down).

Day 2:
MORNING--Driver 1
AFTERNOON--Driver 2 (if eligible)

This will let everyone have a shot on both days, and will also free up space in the pitlane. This method will also be similar to how qualifying is run on tracks without sufficent space to fit all 46 drivers. More on qualifying and race format after all the tests.

V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

WaffleCat wrote:
V8fan12 wrote:New schedule for HPR due to conflicts and such:

Thank you.

You're making more changes to your lineup than there are times Melrose returns to F1RWRS. No, but seriously. If all these changes are due to driver clashes with other series, here's a tip. Go to the original post. Look at the calendar. There, you'll find what series clashes with what rounds. Make necessary changes without too much of a driver merry-go-round.

So,the next change you make will be your FINAL, CONFIRMED LINEUP for the entire season.Please take note.

This will be my final lineup, sorry for the inconvenience. :?

Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Onyx will run the expected drivers as we can't pull another rabbit out of our hat.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

F1RSTC Testing Sessions: Day 1 (July 26)
Morning

Code: Select all

Day 1--Morning (25 Cars)
 1 Jose Pablo Mazzacane (Mazzacane-Mercedes)          1:38.895
 2 Domenico Nicchi (The Crusaders-Volvo)              1:39.123
 3 Clément Grandmaison (H.R.T-M3 E30)                 1:39.126
 4 Jasper Lerby (Mazzacane-Mercedes)                  1:39.156
 5 Jukka-Pekka Kankaanpää (H.R.T-M3 E30)              1:39.172
 6 Fernando Costas (Union Saver-M3 E30)               1:39.242
 7 Lorenzo Crescenzi (Lavezzi Corse-Nissan)           1:39.303
 8 Martin McGovern (Lavezzi Corse-Nissan)             1:39.383
 9 Helena Bertinelli (Euromotor-M635CSi)              1:39.475
10 Jiri Komarek (Pulsar-Sierra)                       1:39.482
11 Johnny Boudermann (Scorpio-Holden)                 1:39.524
12 Jan van der Maeyede (Plus One-Jaguar)              1:39.620

13 Asmir Landovic (Restov-Mercedes)                   1:39.646
14 Hjalmar Bergenheim (Onyx-Mustang)                  1:39.696
15 Allistair McHale (Union Saver-M3 E30)              1:39.740
16 Leandro Moreira (Pulsar-Sierra)                    1:39.778
17 Tommy Morton (M.O.T-M635CSi)                       1:39.837
18 Etsuko Hayase (Vega Co.Ltd-Mazda)                  1:39.851
19 Kalliope Spiros (Onyx-Mustang)                     1:39.856
20 Arthur Daniels (Scorpio-Holden)                    1:39.874
21 Daniel Wenroth (Euromotor-M635CSi)                 1:40.112
22 Dan Blackman (Rob Lomas-Supra)                     1:40.497
23 Sope Stever (Plus One-Jaguar)                      1:40.646
24 Eduardo Alimento (Restov-Mercedes)                 1:40.745
25 Veli Waltari (Rob Lomas-Supra)                     1:40.840

The morning session saw the first 14 teams on the entry list take to the track, and already Jose Pablo Mazzacane is making his presence felt. Having let the title slip away last season, he instantly got in the car and set a blitzing lap time, indicating he needed no time at all to get used to his new Mercedes. His overall testing pace was incredible, and his fastest lap was three tenths quicker than Domenico Nicchi in his Volvo, though that time was more of a lucky lap than any sign of consistent pace. Mazzacane's teammate Jasper Lerby set the fourth fastest time,and the IBR boys set times quick enough to be seventh and eighth, though with third and fourth fastest average lap times and being their first time in the Skyline,they seem to be set for another title challenge this season. The only real trends on the twisty but fast Zandvoort track show that the Supras are horrific, the M3 E30 is the car to have here and the Jaguars are unreliable,as Sope Stever suffered a problem early on that would sideline him until tommorrow.

Afternoon

Day 1--Afternoon (23 Cars)
 1 Claude Ronald de Silva II (RK Motorsports-Nissan)  1:39.250
 2 Hilton Blain (Hilton Blain-Alfa)                   1:39.260
 3 Hubert Loyer (Loyer-Jaguar)                        1:39.367
 4 Norman McHugh (Gregg Racing-Alfa)                  1:39.377
 5 David Tenpecost (GenTenp-Lancia)                   1:39.383
 6 David Anderson (RK Motorsports-Nissan)             1:39.415
 7 Carl Jordan (Tassie Racing-Rover)                  1:39.461
 8 Antonio Menzache (Loyer-Jaguar)                    1:39.524
 9 Aaron Bellman (Lancia Dealers-Lancia)              1:39.612
10 John Cunningham (Zimsport-Holden)                  1:39.652
11 Sam Baronomo (Tassie Racing-Rover)                 1:39.659
12 Dean Melville (Zimsport-Holden)                    1:39.666

13 Markus Van de Schoot (Volvo Europe-Volvo)          1:39.730
14 Alvin Zeigler (H.P Racing-Mazda)                   1:39.745
15 Peter Seliga (Gregg Racing-Alfa)                   1:39.815
16 Steve White (Urusus-Mustang)                       1:39.882
17 Thomas Westenberg (Hunter-Rover)                   1:39.896
18 Julian Clark (H.P Racing-Mazda)                    1:40.050
19 Kazuki Hisakawa (Hunter-Rover)                     1:40.469
20 Andrew Hector (Volvo Europe-Volvo)                 1:40.734
21 Juan Jose Rendon (Nimbus-Sierra)                   1:40.822
22 Gonzalo Solari (Douglas-Cliff-Supra)               1:41.162
23 Pierre Depault (Douglas-Cliff-Supra)               1:43.103

The man with the long name tops the timesheets in the second test session,but his time would have only placed him seventh in the morning session, which may indicate the large performance gap between the two groups. Nevertheless, we still had a few interesting results, as Juan Jose Rendon mumbled his way through the field and Hilton Blain performed exceptionally well. And Depault set the slowest time.

F1RSTC Testing Sessions:Day 2 (July 27)
Morning

Day 2--Morning (28 Cars)
 2 Eduardo Alimento (Restov-Mercedes)                 1:39.017
 3 Hilton Blain (Hilton Blain-Alfa)                   1:39.163
 4 David Tenpecost (GenTenp-Lancia)                   1:39.179
 5 Norman McHugh (Gregg Racing-Alfa)                  1:39.199
 6 Aaron Bellman (Lancia Dealers-Lancia)              1:39.328
 7 Jukka-Pekka Kankaanpää (H.R.T-M3 E30)              1:39.332
 8 Claude Ronald de Silva II (RK Motorsports-Nissan)  1:39.333
 9 Jan van der Maeyede (Plus One-Jaguar)              1:39.366
10 Domenico Nicchi (The Crusaders-Volvo)              1:39.407
11 Martin McGovern (Lavezzi Corse-Nissan)             1:39.438
12 Jiri Komarek (Pulsar-Sierra)                       1:39.469

13 Markus Van de Schoot (Volvo Europe-Volvo)          1:39.476
14 Etsuko Hayase (Vega Co.Ltd-Mazda)                  1:39.526
15 Carl Jordan (Tassie Racing-Rover)                  1:39.668
16 Daniel Wenroth (Euromotor-M635CSi)                 1:39.684
17 Hubert Loyer (Loyer-Jaguar)                        1:39.706
18 Julian Clark (H.P Racing-Mazda)                    1:39.749
19 Tommy Morton (M.O.T-M635CSi)                       1:39.778
20 Juan Jose Rendon (Nimbus-Sierra)                   1:39.891
21 Kalliope Spiros (Onyx-Mustang)                     1:39.919
22 Arthur Daniels (Scorpio-Holden)                    1:39.932
23 Steve White (Urusus-Mustang)                       1:39.965
24 Dean Melville (Zimsport-Holden)                    1:40.130
25 Allistair McHale (Union Saver-M3 E30)              1:40.149

26 Dan Blackman (Rob Lomas-Supra)                     1:40.489
27 Gonzalo Solari (Douglas-Cliff-Supra)               1:40.565
28 Kazuki Hisakawa (Hunter-Rover)                     1:41.219

Today is a more clear indication of the field,and there are some surprises to be seen. Of course,Mazzacane at the top is no surprise,but what's surprising is that he set the exact same lap time as day 1. Incredible. Hilton Blain also shows off that he has more skill than he looks,and the Mercedes are amazing on Zandvoort,and seem to be the car to beat. That is if the Holdens don't maul them down the straights,as Dean Melville had the fastest speed in the trap at the end of the front straight despite his poor time.

Afternoon

Day 2--Afternoon (20 Cars)
 1 Asmir Landovic (Restov-Mercedes)                   1:39.165
 2 Antonio Menzache (Loyer-Jaguar)                    1:39.191
 3 Clément Grandmaison (H.R.T-M3 E30)                 1:39.229
 4 Fernando Costas (Union Saver-M3 E30)               1:39.381
 5 Sope Stever (Plus One-Jaguar)                      1:39.416
 6 Thomas Westenberg (Hunter-Rover)                   1:39.492
 7 Jasper Lerby (Mazzacane-Mercedes)                  1:39.708
 8 Hjalmar Bergenheim (Onyx-Mustang)                  1:39.767
 9 Johnny Boudermann (Scorpio-Holden)                 1:39.802
10 David Anderson (RK Motorsports-Nissan)             1:39.818
11 Leandro Moreira (Pulsar-Sierra)                    1:39.855
12 Lorenzo Crescenzi (Lavezzi Corse-Nissan)           1:39.872

13 Alvin Zeigler (H.P Racing-Mazda)                   1:39.993
14 Peter Seliga (Gregg Racing-Alfa)                   1:40.060
15 John Cunningham (Zimsport-Holden)                  1:40.130
16 Helena Bertinelli (Euromotor-M635CSi)              1:40.232
17 Sam Baronomo (Tassie Racing-Rover)                 1:40.392
18 Andrew Hector (Volvo Europe-Volvo)                 1:40.991
19 Veli Waltari (Rob Lomas-Supra)                     1:41.095
20 Pierre Depault (Douglas-Cliff-Supra)               1:43.430

Just to ram the point home about the Mercedes pace,Asmir Landovic sets the quickest overall time in the Aftrenoon session. However,again for some wierd reason, no one seems to be able to catch Mazzacane's times. Heck, no one got within the 1:38's except for Mazzacane. Sope Stewer manages to rectify his previous day's horrors with a decent showing,while some drivers continue their form from the first day, like Clement Grandmaison. And Depault set the slowest time.

Overall Fastest times

Overall ranking
 2 Eduardo Alimento (Restov-Mercedes)                 1:39.017
 3 Domenico Nicchi (The Crusaders-Volvo)              1:39.123
 4 Clément Grandmaison (H.R.T-M3 E30)                 1:39.126
 5 Jasper Lerby (Mazzacane-Mercedes)                  1:39.156
 6 Hilton Blain (Hilton Blain-Alfa)                   1:39.163
 7 Asmir Landovic (Restov-Mercedes)                   1:39.165
 8 Jukka-Pekka Kankaanpää (H.R.T-M3 E30)              1:39.172
 9 David Tenpecost (GenTenp-Lancia)                   1:39.179
10 Antonio Menzache (Loyer-Jaguar)                    1:39.191
11 Norman McHugh (Gregg Racing-Alfa)                  1:39.199
12 Fernando Costas (Union Saver-M3 E30)               1:39.242

13 Claude Ronald de Silva II (RK Motorsports-Nissan)  1:39.250
14 Lorenzo Crescenzi (Lavezzi Corse-Nissan)           1:39.303
15 Aaron Bellman (Lancia Dealers-Lancia)              1:39.328
16 Jan van der Maeyede (Plus One-Jaguar)              1:39.366
17 Hubert Loyer (Loyer-Jaguar)                        1:39.367
18 Martin McGovern (Lavezzi Corse-Nissan)             1:39.383
19 David Anderson (RK Motorsports-Nissan)             1:39.415
20 Sope Stever (Plus One-Jaguar)                      1:39.416
21 Carl Jordan (Tassie Racing-Rover)                  1:39.461
22 Jiri Komarek (Pulsar-Sierra)                       1:39.469
23 Helena Bertinelli (Euromotor-M635CSi)              1:39.475
24 Markus Van de Schoot (Volvo Europe-Volvo)          1:39.476
25 Thomas Westenberg (Hunter-Rover)                   1:39.492

26 Johnny Boudermann (Scorpio-Holden)                 1:39.524
27 Etsuko Hayase (Vega Co.Ltd-Mazda)                  1:39.526
28 John Cunningham (Zimsport-Holden)                  1:39.652
29 Sam Baronomo (Tassie Racing-Rover)                 1:39.659
30 Dean Melville (Zimsport-Holden)                    1:39.666
31 Daniel Wenroth (Euromotor-M635CSi)                 1:39.684
32 Hjalmar Bergenheim (Onyx-Mustang)                  1:39.696
33 Allistair McHale (Union Saver-M3 E30)              1:39.740
34 Alvin Zeigler (H.P Racing-Mazda)                   1:39.745
35 Julian Clark (H.P Racing-Mazda)                    1:39.749
36 Leandro Moreira (Pulsar-Sierra)                    1:39.778
37 Tommy Morton (M.O.T-M635CSi)                       1:39.778
38 Peter Seliga (Gregg Racing-Alfa)                   1:39.815

39 Kalliope Spiros (Onyx-Mustang)                     1:39.856
40 Arthur Daniels (Scorpio-Holden)                    1:39.874
41 Steve White (Urusus-Mustang)                       1:39.882
42 Juan Jose Rendon (Nimbus-Sierra)                   1:39.891
43 Kazuki Hisakawa (Hunter-Rover)                     1:40.469
44 Dan Blackman (Rob Lomas-Supra)                     1:40.489
45 Gonzalo Solari (Douglas-Cliff-Supra)               1:40.565
46 Andrew Hector (Volvo Europe-Volvo)                 1:40.734
47 Veli Waltari (Rob Lomas-Supra)                     1:40.840
48 Pierre Depault (Douglas-Cliff-Supra)               1:43.103

The final results of the test show us one thing: Mazzacane is the man to beat. Admittedly, that's coming from a pre-season test where everyone is attempting to get used to their cars,but to set a time one and a half tenths quicker than the next guy,who was woefully inconsistent on both days,now that is amazing. Other drivers however, like Tommy Morton and Martin McGovern, seem mired in the midfield. And Depaul set the slowest time.

go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Well, my drivers were decent. But as I learned in RTSS, nothing should be taken of preseason testing :P
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

All in all we where faster than the Plus-One Jaguar's, so that's a first positive sign from our drivers.
simonracer

Post by simonracer »

I'm definetely happy with Hilton's result.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Mustangs and Supras are horrific at this track, but one is slow and reliable while the other is fragile, fast, but unstable in corners. Bergenheim led the Mustangs with a 32nd with the other two not far behind in 39th and 41st not more than a tenth and change behind. Some races might not see a single Supra or Ford Mustang around.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Fair enough for the results there
Officially Retired
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Could someone help please to add GenTenp Racing to the wiki :S I don't understand the wiki codes. Thanks
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

(Warning,long post about the rules. Some are trivial,some are for fun and some are very important. Enjoy!)

F1RSTC 2016-17 Official Rulebook: Section C--Event Procedure

Section C-1:Practice

C-1.1:There will be two practice sessions at the track - one morning and one afternoon - on the Friday before the race with two exceptions: The Round of Spa,with it's practice sessions on the Wednesday so as to prevent schedule clashes, and the Christmas Special,which will occur on Thursday to prevent running the race on Christmas Day.

C-1.2:All cars must take part in both practice sessions unless a logical reason is provided (i.e. failure of components in the car, injured driver etc. Excuses such as taking a tea break is not a valid reason and will be penalized)

C-1.2.1:In tracks with crowded pit lanes (see below, section C-4.1), certain teams may have to share garages. Should there be a lack of room in the garages, a team may opt out of one practice session as long as they are sharing a garage.

Section C-2: Qualifying

C-2.1:There are to be two to three qualifying sessions that are held the day before the race begins (Thursday at Spa,Friday at Glasgow,Saturday at every other race).DNQs will be enforced for most races (see below, section C-4.1)

C-2.1.1:For the first four rounds of the championship (up until Keimola),there will be a two qualifying session format. All 48 drivers take to the track at the first session. The top 24 progress to the next session,while the bottom 24 will have their grid order decided by this session, with DNQs being applied according to the maximum grid size of each track allowed by the F1RSTC Committee (refer to Section C-4.1). The second session will be a 3 lap superpole qualifying format,in which the top 24 drivers participate to determine their grid position for the race.

C-2.1.2:After round 4,the three qualifying session rule will take into effect. The top 16 in the championship after round 4 will not compete in the first qualifying session that is held in the morning. In this session,the remaining 32 cars take to the track.The top 20 progress to the next session, while everyone below will have their qualifying position determined on their finishing order,with DNQs appyling on tracks with a maximum grid size. The second session introduces the top 16 in the championship and are to set a time with the remaining twenty in this session. The top 20 progress to the next session,with an exception in Luxembourg, with the bottom sixteen positions having their grid position determined by their time in Session 2. Session 3 is a 3 lap superpole qualifying format,in which the top 20 drivers participate to determine their grid position for the race.

C-2.1.2.1:After each race, the drivers with the top 4 fastest times in Session 1 will replace the bottom 4 in Session 2 that did not participate in Session 1.

C-2.1.2.1.1: In the case of a driver swap between races for a driver being "promoted" or "relegated", the replacement driver will not be "relegated" or "promoted", and the next fastest or slowest driver will take over their spot.

C-2.1.2.2: At round 9, all "promotions" and "relegations" from the previous race are declared null and void, and the top 16 championship at that point will skip Session 1 regardless of their status in qualifying prior to the race.

C-2.2:Any driver found impeding or blocking a driver on their hot lap, accidental or not, will be penalized.

C-2.3:All drivers that participated in qualifying must take part in the race, with the exception that drivers that fail to qualify are forbidden from taking part in the race,or a valid reason is given. (i.e. injury)

Section C-3: Race

C-3.1: All drivers taking part in a race must follow by standard racing rules,like lapped drivers letting leaders pass,no intentional ramming and so on.

C-3.2: Each race is 150 km long with some exceptions (see Section C-3.2.1). Pitstops are not compulsory for these races,as drivers can elect whether to last the distance on heavy fuel and worn out tyres at the end,or to have two short stints with a pitstop inbetween that will take up time.

C-3.2.1:The following exceptions are: Touring Masters at Gronigen (175 km), the Round of Spa and the Christmas Special at Glasgow (200 km) and the finale,the Round of Bathurst (250 km). Pitstops are mandatory in all the following races except the Touring Masters at Gronigen.

C-3.3:In the case of a DNF occuring in the final laps and in the occasion of lapped cars,the lapped cars, no matter how many laps behind,will still be classified ahead of the DNFs unless the lapped cars have retired before then. (OOC: xkoranate bug that would take a bloody long time to edit manually)

C-3.4:In the event of drivers with the same finishing time on the scoresheets, a photo-finish system will be utilised to determine positions,and may override actual timing decisions in the case of a timing malfunction.

Section C-4: Other Rules and Regulations

C-4.1: Each race will have a maximum grid size depending on their pitlane length. These are the following grid sizes

Round 1-SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS CIRCUIT--42 starters/6 DNQs
Round 2-AUTODROMO JUAN y OSCAR GALVEZ--42 starters/6 DNQs
Round 3-DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT--All 48 start/No DNQs
Round 4-KEIMOLA AUTODROME--42 starters/6 DNQs
Round 5-LUXEMBOURG STREET SPEEDWAY--30 starters/18 DNQs
Round 6-GRONIGEN AIRPORT RACEWAY--42 starters/6 DNQs
Round 7-ROME WEST STREET CIRCUIT--40 starters/8 DNQs
Round 8-OLYMPIC GP--All 48 starters/No DNQs
Round 9-GLASGOW PARK--42 starters/6 DNQs
Round 10-HONG KONG INTERNATIONAL SPECIAL STAGE ROUTE 11 PRESENTED BY QNet--36 starters/12 DNQs
Round 11-CLYDE RIVER RACEWAY--All 48 Starters/No DNQs
Round 12-MOUNT PANORAMA CIRCUIT--42 starters/6 DNQs

C-4.2: If the above set of rules seem too complicated to follow,pose your queries to WaffleCat @ F1RSTC.com.

AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

For round 5, David Tenpecost would not able to race due to schedule clashes. His replacement will be announced later in the season
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke