Your Reject of the Race Singapore

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Alextrax52

Your Reject of the Race Singapore

Post by Alextrax52 »

I think Daniel Ricciardo has just powered himself into contention at the moment.
apple2009

Re: Your Reject of the Race Singapore

Post by apple2009 »

At the moment I'm going to go with Vettel haters for being tits as usual.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Grosjean's Pneumatic Valve on his Renault engine for taking away any chance of points for RoGro.

But yes, Ricciardo's error was clumsy.

I'll come out with my top 3 after the race.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Grosjean and Webber may have had reliability problems. But ROTR goes to Mercedes.

They decided not to pit under safety car and lost an EASY 2-3 because of it.
Message me on Discord.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Webber's RedBull
How could his teamate's car is so good while his own is.......... Ouch
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

My top 3:

3. The Crash Twins (di Resta, Ricciardo). Their crashes were near identical and both were very clumsy. Ricciardo showing he may not be ready for the RBR seat and di Resta with mediocre pace, mediocre strategy calls from SFI, and everything going wrong.

2. Mercedes's Strategy. They should have known it would never work. A farce of a strategical effort.

1. Renault Reliability. It really failed RoGro and even more so for Webber. To think that RBR had problems in Monza and nursed it home anyway shows that Renault have work to do. It's a farce to see this, as arguably F1 is about SUPERRELIABILITY and next year, reliability may be a key to success, and it's rumored that Merc and Ferrari may have unreliable engines next year. Not looking very good for Renault with miscellaneous bits going in flames. If this isn't ROTR I don't know what is.

At least Vettel's hair looks decent this time.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

My initial vote would be for Di Resta.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

I can't help it but decide to give it to Ricciardo. While di Resta's was just as dumb, it did happen much later in the race and he might've been more exhausted than Ricciardo, who crashed around the middle of the race.

So with that said, honorable mention to di Resta as well.
PT8475

Post by PT8475 »

1: The Crowd. Again. Come on, this is just silly.

2: Daniel Ricciardo
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Daniel Ricciardo certainly deserved the award after he clumsily went off. But I'm nominating Paul di Resta again for knocking himself out in Q1 and then taking himself out of a points position due to another needless crash. His last four races have been just horrendous.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Aerospeed wrote:Daniel Ricciardo certainly deserved the award after he clumsily went off. But I'm nominating Paul di Resta again for knocking himself out in Q1 and then taking himself out of a points position due to another needless crash. His last four races have been just horrendous.

And don't forget his strategy left him as high as 3rd.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Ricciardo doesn't have to impress now he's got his drive sorted for next year. Many others in the field that do did pretty well today - Grosjean, Hulkenberg, Perez, Massa. There was one who we all know very much didn't. So, for getting a rubbish car into the points from way down the order and then throwing it all away at the end, it's well done to Di Resta
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

I'd nominate PDR myself but has anyone got the award in back-to-back races? I think Jamie and Enoch never do that so it is likely to go to Ricciardo.

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

Tough One this weekend

Daniel Ricciardo nearly F*****D up the race for Red Bull his new employers.

Paul Di Resta basically F*****d up his own race all weekend.

But I have to give it to the crowd who booed Vettel. He was brilliant today and totally deserved that win- Even with 2 safety cars.
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
QuickYoda41

Post by QuickYoda41 »

Mark Webber's grid penalty
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

TV Directors: For showing more Beckham than the half of the grid.

Di Resta: For binning your chances of scoring points. Second crash in-a-row.

But the winner is: Ricciardo. Bins in a hilarious way.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
mario

Post by mario »

Dj_bereta wrote:TV Directors: For showing more Beckham than the half of the grid.

Di Resta: For binning your chances of scoring points. Second crash in-a-row.

But the winner is: Ricciardo. Bins in a hilarious way.

To crash in a clumsy manner less than three weeks after a championship leading team announced that you'd be their driver for next season is certainly pretty unfortunate timing for Ricciardo (even if his performance in the Italian GP was actually fairly respectable).
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Hard to split between di Resta and Ricciardo, but I give the award to Ricciardo. Di Resta had the excuse of being on older tyres at the end of a mentally draining race when he made his mistake, and he was set for points, whereas Ricciardo was nowhere really. Dishonourable mention to the FIA for Webber's grid penalty
TORA! TORA! TORA!
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

The stewards for Webber's absurd grid penalty
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

1. PDR
2. Grosjean's Pneumatic Valve
-*:-
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

tc3j3r wrote:The stewards for Webber's absurd grid penalty

Has to be them. That's GP2 steward level stupid.

Honourable mention to di Resta for throwing away 6th place like a fool.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

The FIA for this penalty. Unbelievable. So sportsmanship is no longer allowed in F1. :evil:

Mercedes - What the hell was that strategy all about?

Paul Di Resta - Threw away a decent result by putting his Force India into the wall with a few laps to go.

Daniel Ricciardo - Did a Karthikeyan. :lol:

But ROTR has to go to:

The entire field bar Vettel, because Vettel (and it pains me to say this) was absolutely untouchable out there today, and indeed all of this weekend. No one had an answer to him at all, and that's certainly the title decided now. :(
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
TomPryce

Post by TomPryce »

As much as I hate to be controversial... but I agree with the penalty. Webber has had two infringements already, and there are rules in place for that sort of thing now. Don't get me wrong, I love Webber, but surely he could have just walked? It's not like he was a podium finisher, he had stopped on track. Yes, it's happened before (and more famously, i.e Mansell) but rules are rules.

Regardless, my RoTR goes to, as mentioned the entire field bar Vettel. It also pains me to admit that Vettel is in the form of his life, Red Bull are unbeatable, and they deserve the plaudits at the moment. I don't understand the hatred: Williams' 'domination' was not met with this much scorn in the 90s.
Remembering a Welsh sporting hero. Pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
RAK

Post by RAK »

The FIA: A completely pointless penalty for Webber - why?

Paul di Resta: Plonking the car into the wall with a few laps to go isn't the most impressive way to finish a Grand Prix.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

RAK wrote:The FIA: A completely pointless penalty for Webber - why?

Seconded
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Ben Gilbert

Post by Ben Gilbert »

Because they had given him a third reprimand of the year for causing two drivers to take sudden avoiding action in order to prevent a potentially dangerous accident just so that he didn't have to walk to the pits, and to engage in another bit of 'ain't Mark a great bloke' publicity wrangling. Quite simple, really.

Actual nomination: Lotus -- Kimi's heroic struggle to overcome his back-pain might just might brush aside those comments he made regarding their finances, and then Grosjean's best race for some time was undone by unreliability.
Last edited by Ben Gilbert on 22 Sep 2013, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.
Cynon wrote:Look further down the field, enjoy the view of the little guys and/or crap drivers in cars too good for them giving their all for a meager result.

Because that's what I thought this forum celebrates the most.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Ben Gilbert wrote:

Because they had given him a third reprimand of the year for causing two drivers to take sudden avoiding action in order to prevent a potentially dangerous accident just so that he didn't have to walk to the pits, and to engage in another 'Webbo is a greet bloak' publicity coup. Quite simple, really.

I find it unbelievably ironic that you were the one that responded to that.

CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

roblomas52 wrote:

Seconded

Well I assumed that it was because Webber put his feet right in front of Alonso's face while he was driving back, which is certainly causes a dangerous situation for both of them, especially in the eyes of the very stringent FIA officials...
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Enoch's Curse: If nothing happens in either Korea or Japan we can assume that Vettel is immune to the curse
Daniel Ricciardo: Just like in Hungary he took a meaningless top 10 grid slot only to drop back horribly on race day before binning it at Cucumber's corner
Mercedes: Threw away an easy 2nd for Rosberg with an appalling strategy while Hamilton was largely anonymous
Ferrari: Alonso once again made them look better than what they really were out there while Massa's Strategy was rubbish
Mark Webber: This race just confirmed that Vettel is well and truly number 1 in the Red Bull team regardless of whether he's hindered or not
Mclaren's Strategy: Jenson and Sergio are both gentle on tires but even that didn't save them from revealing Mclaren's Strategy was shockingly bad
TV Director: How will the battle for 7th finish? Oh I don't know because we are busy looking at Vettel celebrating :roll:

Top 3
3 The Vettel Hate: This really can't continue because it's annoying that all Vettel gets is negative reception from either Crowds Trolls or Fanboys. I'm sure if it was Hamilton dominating that everyone would be going on about how amazing he is and how he'll become the next Senna and so one and so forth. Plus on a day when he had no luck at all the way he tore the field apart was breathtaking. Grow up :roll:

2 The Stewards: To quote The Comic Book Guy "Worst Penalty Ever". At this rate we might need the entire Stewards Panel to be made up of Former Drivers. Why didn't Alonso get penalized for picking up a Flag at Spain or for doing this stunt in 2011 or even for saluting the fans at Valencia last year? Sums up Mark Webber's luck doesn't it?

1 Paul di Resta: I forgave Ricciardo because that corner has even caught out Alonso in the past and of course he has the Red Bull drive in his pocket now. Di Resta on the other hand is fighting for a higher place on the grid and that crash was just Shambolically Pathetic plus another knockout in Q1 while Sutil hasn't fallen at all this season just says it all. ROTR is partly on who does the daftest thing and Di Resta did just that for me.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Plus on a day when he had no luck at all the way he tore the field apart was breathtaking. Grow up :roll:

No luck? It's not like he had the problems that Webber's car had, that's what you'd call no luck.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Okay. I will redo my top 3 due to this late surge of FIAFOFDG. (FIA Formula-One-Farcical-Decisions-Gate)

3. The Crash Twins. Ricciardo and di Resta were the only fallible drivers in a field of drivers lacking quality. That takes some doing at Singapore, where even the great drivers smash up.

2. Renault Reliability. It failed RoGro a chance of a top 5 and points altogether. Pneumatic valves are one of the elements of the car that rarely seem to fail, making it all the worse for Renault's cause. And Webber retires on the final lap because of a troublesome gearbox, needing to shortshift everywhere, and it all coupled to the gearbox/engine complex blowing up into flames. Plus, falling from 4th to outside the top 14 or 15 in one lap due to complete loss of power before the flames came makes his technical failure all the funnier for Renault's cause. They may have the best engine package next year if the rumors are true, but things like this with the gearbox and the pneumatic valve cannot go on when F1 is in the SUPERRELIABILITY Period.

1. The FIA's hypocritical, totally endless, gelastic, bollix, laggards in learning from their mistakes, covering their arses, however the bathplug you want to say it penalties are becoming so stupid to the point where they should start giving points away for the most callous, gawkish, drop the ball, paydriveresque, and finally, malignant acts on the racing surface, all in its completely separate championship called the "Checkers or Wreckers Championships" and go all out NASCAR Bristol Style every goddamn weekend in a race of hell. What does this have to do with the race today and Webber? Well, I'll tell you. Not allowing for even the slightest amount of sportsmanship is flat out WRONG and doing that makes me want to see everything done afield and I'm sure the Zarkwits at the FIA want to see that as well with this latest augmentation. Or, that's what is seems like, or an exhaustive over interpretation of the matters going on at this merry minute.

I don't care if you bash what I just said, I'm sticking with it.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

SgtPepper

Post by SgtPepper »

I was at the party conference so am yet to watch the race, but did I just see that Webber got a penalty for having a lift back after his car (shockingly) broke down?

This is a joke, right? Some sort of elaborate ruse?
F1 claim to fame - Offending Karun Chandhok 38 minutes into the Korean Grand Prix's FP1.

PSN: SgtPepperThe1st
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

go_Rubens wrote:The FIA's hypocritical, totally endless, gelastic, bollix, laggards in learning from their mistakes, covering their arses, however the bathplug you want to say it penalties are becoming so stupid to the point where they should start giving points away for the most callous, gawkish, drop the ball, paydriveresque, and finally, malignant acts on the racing surface, all in its completely separate championship called the "Checkers or Wreckers Championships" and go all out NASCAR Bristol Style every goddamn weekend in a race of hell.

Your grammar has put you on a par with kevinbotz IMO.

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

SgtPepper wrote:I was at the party conference so am yet to watch the race, but did I just see that Webber got a penalty for having a lift back after his car (shockingly) broke down?

Yes, this is true. It is a total farce to read. I recommend you watch the race as soon as you can.

good_Ralf wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:The FIA's hypocritical, totally endless, gelastic, bollix, laggards in learning from their mistakes, covering their arses, however the bathplug you want to say it penalties are becoming so stupid to the point where they should start giving points away for the most callous, gawkish, drop the ball, paydriveresque, and finally, malignant acts on the racing surface, all in its completely separate championship called the "Checkers or Wreckers Championships" and go all out NASCAR Bristol Style every goddamn weekend in a race of hell.

Your grammar has put you on a par with kevinbotz IMO.

I never had a need to use those words. I had to do it this time, though.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

SgtPepper wrote:I was at the party conference so am yet to watch the race, but did I just see that Webber got a penalty for having a lift back after his car (shockingly) broke down?

It's not as black and white as that. Both Webber and Alonso got reprimands for giving a lift in an unsafe manner. As this was Webber's third reprimand, he gets a 10-place grid penalty.

I don't see why there's so much of an uproar.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
SgtPepper

Post by SgtPepper »

Ataxia wrote:

It's not as black and white as that. Both Webber and Alonso got reprimands for giving a lift in an unsafe manner. As this was Webber's third reprimand, he gets a 10-place grid penalty.

The existence of reprimands for lift giving in the first place.
F1 claim to fame - Offending Karun Chandhok 38 minutes into the Korean Grand Prix's FP1.

PSN: SgtPepperThe1st
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Ataxia wrote:

The uproar is why was the penalty given when there was no point in it?
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

go_Rubens wrote:
Ataxia wrote:

The uproar is why was the penalty given when there was no point in it?

Er, did you read what I said? He wasn't given the penalty DIRECTLY for the lift incident. He received a reprimand, that's it.

According to the FIA penalty system, three reprimands = 10-place grid drop. No ifs, no buts.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

Ataxia wrote:

Furthermore, watching the footage, Alonso parked in a clearly unsafe place, forcing the Mercs to take avoiding action, and if there is a rule against entering the track without the marshal's permission, Webber obviously broke it.

Clear reprimand, Webber has two reprimands already, they add up, it's a grid drop.

Nothing to complain about.
WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

GwilymJJames wrote:
Ataxia wrote:

Furthermore, watching the footage, Alonso parked in a clearly unsafe place, forcing the Mercs to take avoiding action, and if there is a rule against entering the track without the marshal's permission, Webber obviously broke it.

Clear reprimand, Webber has two reprimands already, they add up, it's a grid drop.

Nothing to complain about.

Is there video? Quite frankly, I want to see it. The TV Director was up to his old tricks again. (I did see Webber climbing onto the F 138, but not the evasive action)
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool