LGPS 1991-1993

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Salamander

Re: LGPS 1993, last chance to dance: Australian GP

Post by Salamander »

Ronald Tenpecost wrote: It seems the leader of Al Smith and Fosters are not too happy......

Al Smith wrote:Uh, what? Why would I be unhappy about that? Now Vic has a better chance of taking the title... but to be honest he shouldn't need it. He should've sewn the title up already - you hear me Vic!? You're winning the title, or you're gonna have to look for a new team, to hell with the partnership with Blokkmonsta!

James Davies wrote:I can't believe this! That moron Tenpecost clearly spun to ruin my race and give it to Generic. The stewards need to disqualify the whole Caraxl team, they are a bunch of lousy cheats!
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Last ever budgets update
Chatlog
Standings
Video

Kim Jong-Sung has been injured and will miss the Macau GP.
Maea Blog has been banned from the Macau GP after his collision with Will Roberts in this race. HawkAussie has already confirmed Sam Sun as his replacement.

LolLola wrote:Hashimoto (finally) deserve a race performance upgrade for grand finale.
But I don't think having 1 hour limit for finale is ideal....100 minutes maybe?

Biscione wrote:One last hurrah. I think that 4th place Alstom got a few rounds ago should be enough to spend a little more. Put everything we've got into di Longo's race perf. If there's any spare change left over after that, pile it into engine rel.

Upgrades added. And to tell you the truth, I had forgotten abut the time limit completely because usually the races are finished well below one hour (although they take about two hours to run due to the time used to record replays and commentate on the chat).
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

One race performance for both Winton and Stokins
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Andrea Schnass wrote: "Damn it, the boys in the garage better not botch this up for Sunset, or consider our partnership for next season over!"

"What? There isn't gonna be a next season? Well there goes our investment for the next few years...
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

Natascha Zaugg wrote:I totally binned it. We barely have money to upgrade something on the car. I now need a miracle to even have a slight chance to win the title. The FGCR and Al Smith cars seem on another planet compared to mine and so do their drivers, so I doubt they would call me now and offer me a seat for the finale. Anyways, the last ever LGPS race is coming, I will do my best and see what happens there.

1 engine reliability upgrade please.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Andrea Schnass wrote: "Damn it, the boys in the garage better not botch this up for Sunset, or consider our partnership for next season over!"

"What? There isn't gonna be a next season? Well there goes our investment for the next few years...

Al Smith wrote:It's Sunset's fault! That jackass has wasted 10 races this year driving like an imbecile! If we lose this title, it's his fault! ... speaking of, Jan! What the hell have you been doing this year!? This was supposed to be your year! You can find another car to drive for Macau, because Maroon is taking yours!

Al Smith will buy 8 race performance upgrades for Cameron Maroon.

Geoff Donnelly is also available to substitute for any team that requires it.
Everything's great.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

One race performance upgrade for Braggia pls
Trump 2016
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

With Jeremy-Etienne unfortunately out of the title race, Foster's will invest all the money possible into race upgrades for James James, and will spend the rest on sausage rolls.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

2 brake failures on lap 2? SABOTAGE!
I wonder who is behind this...

Anyway, as KJS is injured, Stalic can take his place, as he is the most experienced out of the 4 reserve drivers. And i take use of the opportunity to give him one race-pace-upgrade.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Cleide do Nascimento will return for the farewell race and we are going to invest 1x on her qualifying performance, 1x for her reliablity and 1x in her race performance
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

DCR will spend 2000CHF into Douglas' racing ability, and then put the rest into blackjack, hookers and blow for the entire team.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

SeedStriker wrote:One race performance for both Winton and Stokins

Rated wrote:
Natascha Zaugg wrote:I totally binned it. We barely have money to upgrade something on the car. I now need a miracle to even have a slight chance to win the title. The FGCR and Al Smith cars seem on another planet compared to mine and so do their drivers, so I doubt they would call me now and offer me a seat for the finale. Anyways, the last ever LGPS race is coming, I will do my best and see what happens there.

1 engine reliability upgrade please.

Salamander wrote:
Al Smith wrote:It's Sunset's fault! That jackass has wasted 10 races this year driving like an imbecile! If we lose this title, it's his fault! ... speaking of, Jan! What the hell have you been doing this year!? This was supposed to be your year! You can find another car to drive for Macau, because Maroon is taking yours!

Al Smith will buy 8 race performance upgrades for Cameron Maroon.

Dark77 wrote:One race performance upgrade for Braggia pls

pasta_maldonado wrote:With Jeremy-Etienne unfortunately out of the title race, Foster's will invest all the money possible into race upgrades for James James, and will spend the rest on sausage rolls.

This wrote:2 brake failures on lap 2? SABOTAGE!

Anyway, as KJS is injured, Stalic can take his place, as he is the most experienced out of the 4 reserve drivers. And i take use of the opportunity to give him one race-pace-upgrade.

FantometteBR wrote:Cleide do Nascimento will return for the farewell race and we are going to invest 1x on her qualifying performance, 1x for her reliablity and 1x in her race performance

Wizzie wrote:DCR will spend 2000CHF into Douglas' racing ability, and then put the rest into blackjack, hookers and blow for the entire team.

Upgrades added.
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Sell 5 of 6 Handoyo's race performance, 4 race upgrade for Generic, 3 race upgrade for Tenpecost, and 2 overall drag reduce
It's gogogogo!

LolLola wrote:Why I'm thinking Dave Wilson will drive for random team for grand finale :lol:

That's actually great if AndreaModa allows :lol:
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
The Dutch Bear

Post by The Dutch Bear »

Tough luck for KJS, but I'm just glad that he didn't hit Karimov who was running just in front of him. It was KJS that hit and almost killed Arnason and I'm not eager to lose another driver to injuries caused by a crash with KJS.

Well, it's a shame to see both cars retiring given that they would have finished in the points. They were running in or close to the points when they retired.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Oh what the hell, 1 race performance for Madunochev. Last 350 CHF is spent for waffles. :mrgreen:

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

The Dutch Bear wrote:

Tough luck for KJS, but I'm just glad that he didn't hit Karimov who was running just in front of him. It was KJS that hit and almost killed Arnason and I'm not eager to lose another driver to injuries caused by a crash with KJS.

Well, it's a shame to see both cars retiring given that they would have finished in the points. They were running in or close to the points when they retired.

Ah so, this sabotage is a revenge act for almost killing your driver? Well, we're on equal terms now. :D But keep in mind: you are dealing with a Chinese team with North-Korean entourage. It should not be a surprise if one of your team members mysteriously dissapears. But you're always welcome to eat some fortune cookies.
The Dutch Bear

Post by The Dutch Bear »

This wrote:
The Dutch Bear wrote:

Ah so, this sabotage is a revenge act for almost killing your driver? Well, we're on equal terms now. :D But keep in mind: you are dealing with a Chinese team with North-Korean entourage. It should not be a surprise if one of your team members mysteriously dissapears. But you're always welcome to eat some fortune cookies.
None of this sabotage was caused by me. I'm just glad my team dodged a bullet on this one. Besides, I wouldn't be so extremely stupid to risk the health of one of my drivers when committing such a foul thing.
LolLola

Post by LolLola »

Just asking. Is it possible to gain an extra car for Macau?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

AxelP800 wrote:Sell 5 of 6 Handoyo's race performance, 4 race upgrade for Generic, 3 race upgrade for Tenpecost, and 2 overall drag reduce
It's gogogogo!

Shizuka wrote:Oh what the hell, 1 race performance for Madunochev. Last 350 CHF is spent for waffles. :mrgreen:

Upgrades added.
LolLola wrote:Just asking. Is it possible to gain an extra car for Macau?

Nope. While there'd be room for a couple of more cars, it's easier for me to just run the race with the current entrants and be done with it.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: LGPS 1993, last chance to dance: Macau GP

Post by Nuppiz »

1993 Life Macau Grand Prix
Qualifying
As you can see, some of the laptimes had to be generated again.

Race results
1. W. A. Stokins
2. Frederic-Maxime Voeckler
3. Alessandro Mancini
4. Anna Gunnarsdottir
5. Rachel Graham
6. Sam Sun
7. Cleide do Nascimento
Race red flagged on lap 21 due to Cleide do Nascimento's derping around.

Fastest lap: Natascha Zaugg, 2:10.756 on lap 16
ROTR: Cleide do Nascimento, got herself rolled over and the proceeded to drive in the wrong direction.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Al Smith, after Vic Sunset crashed on lap one and lost the title wrote:SUNSEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!! YOU'RE FIRED! *Gesturing towards the Blokkmonsta crew* And the rest of you losers can clear the hell off! :evil:

Bunch of whiny incompetent ingrates...
Everything's great.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Life Grand Prix Series All-Time Points Table

1 James James Davies- 123.5
2  Dave Wilson- 110
3 Gio van Dycke- 79
4 Jan van der Maeyede - 72
5 Pieter Kickert- 64.5
6 Jose Braggia- 62
7 Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler- 59
8 Vic Sunset- 58
9 Marky Howard- 56
10 Natashca Zaugg- 53
11  Leonhard von Gottorp- 49
12 Danny Ramone- 48
13 Rachel Graham- 48
14 Christopher Arthurs- 43.5
15 Will Roberts- 43
16 Jean-Pierre Balivernes- 42
17 Dave Smith- 36
18 Ronald Tenpecost- 34
19 Kim Jong-Sung- 33
20 Jose Pablo Mazzacane- 33
21 James Generic- 29
22  Nobuhiko Yazaki- 28
23 William Anker- 24
24 Charles Jericho- 22
25 FMV- 21
26 Algernon Bell- 21
27  Yuki Yoshino- 21
28  Richard Richardson- 20
29 Joe Gaera- 17
30 Maea Blog - 15
31 Mikhail Karimov- 14
32 W.A. Stokins- 14
33 Deanna McMohan- 13
34 Danny Fernandez- 12
35 Pjotr Madunochev- 12
36 Archibald Oswald March- 12
37 Geoff Donnelly- 11
38  Larry Chapman - 11
39 Richard Arthurs- 10
40 Tom Douglas- 10
41 Alessandro Mancini- 8
42 Petrus Handoyo- 8
43 Joe Bloggs- 8
44  John Smith- 8
45 Pedro Capile- 6
46  Jonny Greenwood- 6
47 Alik Mori- 4
48 Danilo de Longo- 4
49 Dimitry Vitkin- 4
50 Anderson Angula- 4
51 Apostolos Alianopoulos- 4
52  Johnny Gunselman- 4
53 Cleide do Nascimento- 4
54 Sam Winton- 3
55 John Smith- 3
56 Sam Sun- 5
57 Atos Koumettou- 3
58 Fidrik Arnaso- 2
59 Evelyn Gomes- 2
60  Julio Vaca- 2
61 Josip Stallic- 1
62  Cave Armstrong- 1
63  Billy Bob Barron- 1
64 Ralf Alden - 0
65 Valentino Nicchi- 0
66 Reiko Megumi- 0
67 Arsenio Matarazzo- 0
68 Anna Gunnarsdottir- 4
69 Mattias Kjellerup- 0
70 Shigeru Hashimoto- 0
71 Rob Lomas- 0
72 Jeice Swan- 0
73 Andrew MacMillan- 0
74 Frederico Angeli- 0
75 Friedl Kallstrom- 0
76 Cameron Maroon- 0
77  Eddie Pulaski- 0
78  Kenneth Baker- 0
79  Frank Tenpenny- 0
80  Sam Winton- 0
81  Joachim Dumm - 0
82  Tex Pearson- 0
83  Carlos Marquez- 0
84  Derek Gray- 0
85  Rafael Modena- 0
86  John Holmes- 0
87  Jimmy Hernandez- 0
88  Jules Connes- 0
89  Mike Boullier- 0
90  Michael Balzary- 0
91  Jamie Murphy- 0
92  Con Wellholme- 0
93  Bazza the Bogan- 0
94  Baccus Young- 0
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Last ever LGPS chatlog.
Final standings of the final season.
Last ever LGPS video.

So after one and a half years and three seasons, Life Grand Prix Series has met its demise. Poor planning prevented it from continuing meaningfully for any longer, although my craving for something new and even more unique meant that I pretty much wanted to get rid of LGPS since the late 1992 season anyway. If you want to continue in a similar series, you should check out AxelP800's Rejects-1 Championship in the next couple of weeks.

Thank you everyone who participated in the series over the course of its existence. But all good things must come to an end before they turn sour, so:
FantometteBR

Re: LGPS 1993: LGPS is dead, long live LGPS

Post by FantometteBR »

Earning a ROTR at the very last race... how neato
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Andrea Schnass wrote:Aww, there goes our chances of taking a title on our second season! I dont blame Al Smith or anyone, everyone here did a fantastic job this year, the cards just didnt fall in our favor.

Thanks for partnering with us Mr. Smith and we hope to partner with you guys again real soo- *Is torn to pieces by Mr. Smith*

I would like to thank Salamander for letting Sunset race for the final year of LGPS. It was certainly quite a spectacle and I'm sorry if Sunset turned out to be an utter idiot in the end :lol:

Goodbye LGPS, we barely knew ya but it was fun while it lasted. :)
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

1991: car one fighting for the title, taking many pole-positions, car two doing nothing noteworthy.
1992: awful pace, awful drivers, awful reliability, awful results.
1993: competitive, but bad reliability.
Overall you could say that Trabant Rennsport has been a legendary team, and that Great Leap Backward didn't live up to its name.

This series has been the stuff of legends.
Some teams even managed to make the Life car slightly reliable, that's a fine piece of engineering!
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Sad to see it go, but it had to be done

Good Bye LGPS :cry:
Officially Retired
simonracer

Post by simonracer »

Despite all the hardships, all the unreliability, all the serious accidents, this series has been fun, and it's unfortunate to see it's demise, although it has been known for some time that it was going down. Goodbye LGPS, thanks for the memories.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

I never really got my break here, but my driver had two astonishingly rejectful moment, and that makes it up well enough :lol:

roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

I will never forget Karimov winning on the debut of my team in 1992 and that was a great feeling. Thank you for hosting this Nuppiz, it was the most fun series ever on the PMMF and I am genuinely sad to see it go. :(
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Whoa, my driver won the last ever LGPS GP. :D

This series and RoLFS were run by Nuppiz, and my drivers won the final races of both series. Coincidence?
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

A great series finally ends, happy with 1 win I got :D :(

With the series comes to the end, I want to share some of my opinions

1991 Race of the Year: Jarama (Gran Premi d'Andorra)
1991 Best Moment of the Year: Danny Ramone doing two-wheel stunt or the 'team order' by Sandinista at Rouen
1991 Rejectful Move of the Year: (not on-track though) Arthurs brothers conflict or Rouen spectators' riot ( Nuppiz accidentaly press restart race)
1991 Drive of the Year: Gio van Dycke at Jarama
1991 Driver of the Year: Really hard with this one, there's van Dycke and Wilson to choose for. I would say both
1991 Funniest Thing of the Year: The beginning of Mantis/Madunochev move (driving onto a solid wall)
1991 Reject of the Year: Trabant Rennsport's 2nd car :lol:

1992 Race of the Year: LeMans (SuperPrix de la Suisse)
1992 Best Moment of the Year: Roll and roll at Argentine
1992 Rejectful Move of the Year: Gio van Dycke move at Brno that injured von Gottorp
1992 Drive of the Year: James Davies at Phoenix
1992 Driver of the Year: James Davies
1992 Funniest Thing of the Year: 5 cars doing Mantis/Madunochev at Kemora or Ramone scuba diving to lake at Argentine
1992 Reject of the Year: Shigeru Hashimoto (17 DNQs)

1993 Race of the Year: Between Mondello and Macau
1993 Best Moment of the Year: Natascha Zaugg 1st win (for personal opinion, James Generic's only win of the series)
1993 Rejectful Move of the Year: No idea :?
1993 Drive of the Year: Zaugg's win at Windhoek or W.A. Stokins' win at Macau
1993 Driver of the Year: Vic Sunset
1993 Funniest Thing of the Year: Road blocks at Macau
1993 Reject of the Year: TBA
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
The Dutch Bear

Post by The Dutch Bear »

Saved the best for last with the best result of Ursus Racing in its LGPS history. I'm quite sad to see this series end.
I may step on some toes here, but if there is one racing series that defines this website and forum it is LGPS.
I can't imagine a series dedicated to the worst F1 car ever being on any other website than this one.
Nuppiz, thanks a lot for all the hard work you have put in this series. This series has been a blast.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

AxelP800 wrote:1992 Rejectful Move of the Year: Gio van Dycke move at Brno that injured von Gottorp

Madunochev literally driving into a wall for 17 laps and just because of that finishing third? :lol:

FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

W.Anker and EuroBrum leave LGPS with no wins.

At least W.Anker will have the record of being the only driver to compete in every single LGPS race.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

Natascha Zaugg wrote:Okay, now that I have calmed down, congratulations to James Davies and Foster's Good Call Racing for their titles. They did an excellent job and it was great to have the opportunity to fight them.

Thank you Nuppiz for these three LGPS seasons, it was great stuff and I really enjoyed taking part in the series.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Thanks for all the good work Nuppiz! Really enjoyed this one!
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there