F1RWRS: 2016 SEASON -ROTY Voting, Page 27-

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

F1RWRS: 2016 SEASON -ROTY Voting, Page 27-

Post by Aerond »

For past iterations of the series click here:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5170

WIKI SEASON INFO: http://f1alternate.shoutwiki.com/wiki/2 ... ies_season

RULES (need some updating): http://f1alternate.shoutwiki.com/wiki/F ... ries_Rules

INITIAL BUDGETS:

MRT -- 1450
Aeroracing -- 1350
Jones -- 1325
Arrowtech -- 855
Kingfisher -- 1176
HRT -- 1132
Simpson -- 1100
Sunshine -- 1075
Scuderia Alitalia -- 1037
Autodynamics -- 1000
Gauthier -- 1000
Tropico -- 968
Kamaha -- 895
Boxtel -- 880
Prospec -- 870
Foxdale -- 860
Gillet -- 805
Revolution -- 787
Mecha -- 690
Dofasco -- 655

NEW RULES

New rules reminder (will post in F1RWRS 2016 thread as well), I've only included those which affect team operation:

New chassis system:
- Teams build their own chassis from now on
- Getting rid of your current chassis is not mandatory, but it will be mandatory to build a new chassis when you get rid of your current chassis.
- Chassis building system: You decide how much you want to spend on your new chassis; then, depending on the ammount, I play a RNG game to determine the final stats of your chassis based on next table:

Numbers go as follows: Number of credits // Max. BHP // Downforce (Affects driver speed, 5 they keep their original stats, under 5 they lose Grip, over 5 they gain grip) // Handling (Affect the regularity of your drivers, 10 it doesn´t, under 10 it affects it) // Reliability

100 -- 660-690 // 1-4 // 1-5 // 10000-16000
200 -- 670-710 // 1-4 // 1-5 // 9000-15000
300 -- 690-720 // 2-5 // 2-6 // 7000-14000
400 -- 710-750 // 3-6 // 3-7 // 5000-12000
500 -- 720-760 // 4-7 // 5-8 // 4000-11000
600 -- 730-770 // 4-8 // 6-9 // 3000-10000
700 -- 730-790 // 5-9 // 7-9 // 3000-9000
800 -- 740-800 // 6-10 // 8-10 // 2000-8000
900 -- 750-810 // 7-10 // 8-10 // 1000-7000

Only the team owner will get to know the stats of the chassis.

NEW: Team owners will now be able to upgrade Downforce (1= 200 credits) and Handling (1= 100 credits) as well as Reliability as in the past.

CHASSIS AGING

We introduce chassis aging, starting to count from 2015 season; so 2016 will be the 2nd season of the chassis for every team. We introduce a series of penalties for chassis age.

2nd Year -- -1000 reliability, -1 Handling
3rd Year -- -2000 reliability, -2 Downforce, -2 Handling
4th Year -- -4000 reliability, -2 Downforce, -2 Handling
5th Year -- -8000 reliability, -5 Downforce, -5 Handling

CHASSIS SELLING & DISPOSAL

You can dispose your chassis at the next rate:

after 1 year: 50% of initial investment/price
after 2 years: 40% of initial investment/price
after 3 years: 30% of initial investment/price
after 4 years: 20% of initial investment/price
after 5 years or more: You get nothing

Inter-team operations will be allowed with the knowledge of the commission. All inter-team operations will include aging and upgrades.

TYRE SYSTEM

You buy tyres from now on the same way you buy engine and chassis. There're 6 tyre manufacturers; 5 controlled by forum users and one controlled by the commission (which will be free); You'll get the stats of each manufacturer at the beggining of the season and you'll choose between a one year deal, or multiple year deals (which offer a 50% discount per year); manufacturers will be able to develop their tyres with the money they get from tyre contracts; being able to update the tyres every fourth race.

ENGINE SYSTEM

There'll be 11 manufacturers, (one of them offering engines for free), each offering one different engine. Teams will pay a yearly rate for engines instead of owning them. Some manufacturers will be able to have special agreements with some teams, which means those teams will get engine upgrades first. Like HRT will have preference over Holden engines or MRT over BMW.

- Teams won't be able to upgrade the engines on demand; instead, each manufacturer will offer a different upgrade plan. Each with their own upgrades and upgrade prices.

- There'll be a limit of 3 teams per manufacturer

- Everything will be very easy to understand when the engine market opens.

DRIVER UPGRADING

Teams won't be able to upgrade their drivers on demand; except through testing (See new Testing rules)

NEW PRIZE STRUCTURE

Drivers championship:

Winner: 150 cred.
2nd: 110 cr.
3rd: 90 cr.
4th: 75 cr.
5th: 60 cr.
6th: 50 cr.
7th: 40 cr.
8th: 35 cr.
9th: 30 cr.
10th: 25 cr.
11th: 20 cr.
12th: 15 cr.
13th: 10 cr.
14-15th: 5 cr.

Constructors:

Winner: 450 cr.
2nd: 350 cr.
3rd: 300 cr.
4th: 220 cr.
5th: 160 cr.
6th: 130 cr.
7th: 110 cr.
8th: 90 cr.
9th: 70 cr.
10th: 50 cr.

** Every other team scoring points outside the Top 10; 25 cr.

TV Money:

20th to 16th: 375 cr.
15th to 11th: 325 cr.
10th to 6th: 250 cr.
5th to 2nd: 150 cr.

PAY DRIVERS

* Pay drivers will pay more to low teams than to big teams:

20th to 16th (previous season): 30 cr./race (20 if the driver doesn't qualify)
15th to 11th: 25 cr./race (15 if the driver doesn't qualify)
10th to 6th: 20 cr./race (10 if the driver doesn't qualify)
5th to 1st: 10 cr./race (5 if the driver doesn't qualify)

** There's no cap in how much a team earns with Pay Drivers during a season; But 75% of the credits earnt during races 1-12, must be used within the same season; If credits are not used by Race 16; all of the Pay Driver credits minus a 25% will be forfeited. Teams are free to keep all credits earnt from races 13-16 into the following season. The commission will send a reminder after Race 12 to the affected teams as to how many credits they must spend.

PRE-QUALIFYING;

-- An extra team will be thrown into Pre-Qualifying, Top 4 teams in Pre-Qualifying will go into Qualifying proper. We'll keep the actual formula for all the other rules regarding Pre-Qualifying.

NEW TESTING RULES

From 1st January 2016;

OFFICIAL TEST SESSIONS: Your usual treat of all the drivers. We'll have 3 official test sessions per season at the beggining. This sessions are free to attend for every team BUT WILL NOT BE MANDATORY, so if a team choses to hide their cards, it's ok to do so. The max. number of drivers per team is 2 for official test sessions. No exp. or grip points will be given during official test sessions. All entries to test sessions must be CONFIRMED; so if you don't confirm you're attending a test session, it will be understood you have no interest in attending the test.

PRIVATE TEST SESSIONS:

-- This sessions can have a max number of 4 drivers per team (for a grand total of 6 teams), 13 teams (with 2 drivers per team) and a max of 26 drivers overall.

-- Each test session must have its own wiki page listing the date, drivers and track involved.

-- Test sessions can happen at any permanent track which is available for Grand Prix 2, the commission can refuse a venue if the quality of the track does not meet basic standards (poor track layout, poor CC-Line, poor overall look...). Test sessions can't take part in championship venues before the date of the Grand Prix.

-- Test sessions have a cost for the teams; The cost will be 10 credits per session at the home country of a team or a test held in the 3 days after a Grand Prix, in the case of Grand Prix venues. The cost will be 20 credits por international tests. Teams without a track in their home countries can name a track at a nearby country to count as their "home track", testing there will cost 10 credits.

-- Pay drivers will pay 2 credits per session (only drivers without a race drive apply)

-- A driver shall only test for one team at a time during a test session

-- Each driver will gain 2 exp. points per session

-- Drivers will gain Grip points per session, the team owner must say if the team is focusing on qualifying or race pace during the test. Then the driver will be given grip points accordingly to the focus of the team. The number of grip points will depend solely on the number of drivers present at the team; the more drivers, the less track time your drivers will get and the less points they will gain, so.

1 Driver - 10 Grip points
2 Drivers - 5 Grip points
3 or 4 Drivers - 2 Grip points

-- You can also test your updates back to back to check how they work; Focusing on this won't give your drivers any experience or grip points, but it'll help you know how the new updates work. To make this work, I will set your drivers with a very low random grip range, so the driver gets consistent enough lap times to check how much they improve with the newer version of the car.

OFFICIAL WAITING LIST -- Updated 26th November 2013

1. Pasta_Maldonado (Plus One)
2. Nuppiz
3. WaffleCat
4. Ataxia
5. pi314159
6. roblomas52
7. pycku
8. Ben Purse
9. Takagi_for_the_win
10. HawkAussie
11. Captain Getz
12. RealRacingRoots
13. Seedstriker
14. Kevinbotz
15. go_Rubens
16. v8fan12
Last edited by Aerond on 09 Apr 2014, 09:44, edited 85 times in total.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Aerospeed

Re: F1RWRS: 2016 SEASON -Tyre market to open Sunday 14th 5PM

Post by Aerospeed »

Huzzah, another 500 credits :)

Mad Uncle's dodgy accounting indeed :?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Aerospeed [JerMcC] wrote:Huzzah, another 500 credits :)

Ignoring that, most of my dodgy accounts were fairly accurate :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Aerond wrote:
INITIAL BUDGETS: In decending order... Another year of misery for Dofasco and Mecha.

MRT -- 1450
Jones -- 1325
Aeroracing -- 1350
Arrowtech -- 1305
Kingfisher -- 1176
HRT -- 1132
Simpson -- 1100
Sunshine -- 1075
Scuderia Alitalia -- 1037
Autodynamics -- 1000
Gauthier -- 1000
Tropico -- 968
Kamaha -- 895
Boxtel -- 880
Prospec -- 870
Foxdale -- 860
Gillet -- 805
Revolution -- 787
Mecha -- 690
Dofasco -- 655

What other money are we likely to get?
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Well, I guess all falls on the drivers' shoulders...
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Wizzie wrote:

If there's a big difference to what it should be, I'll revise that team's budget.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Aerond wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

If there's a big difference to what it should be, I'll revise that team's budget.

I would get a review of ArrowTech, but I kinda like the idea of some competition up front. Besides, one of my star stooges is driving for them this year :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I had an agreement with Ataxia to be the works Bridgestone team in exchange of giving Marko Jantscher the 3rd driver berth for Aeroracing. Does this "tire market" mean the agreement is null and void?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Please explain and clarify how exactly the tyre market will work. Plus, 5 pm BST? CEST?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

dr-baker wrote:Please explain and clarify how exactly the tyre market will work. Plus, 5 pm BST? CEST?

I believe it'll be 5pm CEST.

And I'd imagine that we simply post what tyres we want, and the tyre manufacturer representative and/or evil overlord Mr Prieto will take care of it from there. Unless it isn't like that, in which case don't look to me for answers. :P
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wizzie wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Please explain and clarify how exactly the tyre market will work. Plus, 5 pm BST? CEST?

And I'd imagine that we simply post what tyres we want, and the tyre manufacturer representative and/or evil overlord Mr Prieto will take care of it from there. Unless it isn't like that, in which case don't look to me for answers. :P

And 5 pm CEST is 4 pm BST, isn't it? ;) I just want to be sure because I feel like I really messed it up last year and don't want to do the same again this time. Like knowing whether to post my preferences here or emailing them...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

dr-baker wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

And 5 pm CEST is 4 pm BST, isn't it? ;) I just want to be sure because I feel like I really messed it up last year and don't want to do the same again this time. Like knowing whether to post my preferences here or emailing them...

I believe it would be 4pm BST, and some ungodly hour in the morning here in Aussieland.

And it's okay man, we still love you. I think. :P
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wizzie wrote:And it's okay man, we still love you. I think. :P

:lol: So long as at least one person thinks that, then I'm happy. ;) :D
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Are the initial budgets before or after credits received for selling 2015 engines?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Do we get stats for the tyres or at least general hints about what they're like? Or are we going to go in blind and get inevitable complaining?
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Stramala wrote:Are the initial budgets before or after credits received for selling 2015 engines?

Those figures would be after selling the engines, as I know for a fact MRT were at the 1000 limit before we sold our engine.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

I will post all tyre stats shortly before market opening time :)
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

I've posted all the new rules; also let you know that chassis market will also be open from Tomorrow 5PM
Phoenix

Re: F1RWRS: 2016 SEASON - Chassis & Tyre market Sunday 14th

Post by Phoenix »

BTW, I don't know if my credits include the fact I want to sell my chassis. I've forgotten, sorry.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Phoenix wrote:BTW, I don't know if my credits include the fact I want to sell my chassis. I've forgotten, sorry.

No; the credits only include engine. I'll recalculate your credits at the moment you want to build a new chassis when market opens.
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Sorry but it's absolutely ridiculous that the chassis and tyre markets should open before the engine market - surely all discerning team owners will be waiting until they see what engines are available (and at what price) before they go barrelling into buying chassis and tyres. I know I will be anyway.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Aerond wrote:
Phoenix wrote:BTW, I don't know if my credits include the fact I want to sell my chassis. I've forgotten, sorry.

No; the credits only include engine. I'll recalculate your credits at the moment you want to build a new chassis when market opens.

I say it because it'd be more convenient to me to know how much money I have to decide what to spend on building a new chassis ;)
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Warren Hughes wrote:Sorry but it's absolutely ridiculous that the chassis and tyre markets should open before the engine market - surely all discerning team owners will be waiting until they see what engines are available (and at what price) before they go barrelling into buying chassis and tyres. I know I will be anyway.

Yeah, I am afraid that I am agreeing with him. At least we need a remote idea as to how much engines will cost, otherwise planning a chassis could be the downfall for a team.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Engines will cost between 200/250 and around 650 per season.
Theres no need to buy chassis or tyres yet, you can also wait until engines are published (which will be as soon as they're ready)
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

I'm Gonna do what others are doing and just wait. There's no rush to build the chassis and the tyres can be chosen whenever your ready. It's not Aerond's fault that this is the way it's gotta be it just makes more sense to wait.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Thanks for posting the slew of new rules Aerond.

Questions:
Does upgrading the reliability of the car still cost 1 credit for 10 reliability points?
And will we be able to know what the stats of the tyres are before the market opens?
Trulli bad puns...
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Aerond wrote:...
100 -- 660-690 // 1-4 // 1-5 // 10000-16000
200 -- 670-710 // 1-4 // 1-5 // 9000-15000
300 -- 690-720 // 2-5 // 2-6 // 7000-14000
400 -- 710-750 // 3-6 // 3-7 // 5000-12000
500 -- 720-760 // 4-7 // 5-8 // 4000-11000
600 -- 730-770 // 4-8 // 6-9 // 3000-10000
700 -- 730-790 // 5-9 // 7-9 // 3000-9000
800 -- 740-800 // 6-10 // 8-10 // 2000-8000
900 -- 750-810 // 6-10 // 8-10 // 1000-7000

Correct me if I'm wrong oh evil overlord, but didn't we agree on changing it from 6-10 to 7-10 in order to make buying a 900 credit chassis more worthwhile?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Oh and before I forget, the rulebook has been fully updated to 2016 regulations. In particular, ALL TEAMS MUST READ the newly added section 5 of the regulations
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Wizzie wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong oh evil overlord, but didn't we agree on changing it from 6-10 to 7-10 in order to make buying a 900 credit chassis more worthwhile?

Corrected :)
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Aerospeed [JerMcC] wrote:Thanks for posting the slew of new rules Aerond.

Questions:
Does upgrading the reliability of the car still cost 1 credit for 10 reliability points?
And will we be able to know what the stats of the tyres are before the market opens?

Yes, reliability still costs the same.
You'll know the tyre stats shortly before market opens :)
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Aerond wrote:
Aerospeed [JerMcC] wrote:Thanks for posting the slew of new rules Aerond.

Questions:

Actually, now that you're here, wouldn't it just be easier to post or email me the stuff for tyres and engines now, and then have me update this list?
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Wizzie wrote:
Aerond wrote:

Actually, now that you're here, wouldn't it just be easier to post or email me the stuff for tyres and engines now, and then have me update this list?

I'll do when it's ready :)
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

As promised, the list of available tyres is now available. Engines will follow later this week.

Basically, the larger the number, the better. Negative numbers are especially bad.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

How comes Michelin have been given a reliability of -500? That's got to be an error, right?
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

pasta_maldonado wrote:How comes Michelin have been given a reliability of -500? That's got to be an error, right?

That would have been far more appropriate for Pirelli :lol:
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

pasta_maldonado wrote:How comes Michelin have been given a reliability of -500? That's got to be an error, right?

Because you made your tyre significantly cheaper than everyone else despite being of arguably superior quality otherwise. :P
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Phoenix wrote:

I mean, come on Aeromd, that's worse than Goodride for God's sake. No ones going to want Michelins now, especially since their more likely to blow up than a balloon.....
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

I mean, come on Aeromd, that's worse than Goodride for God's sake. No ones going to want Michelins now, especially since their more likely to blow up than a balloon.....

Implying that Michelin wasn't already in trouble with you losing control of it at the end of the year? :lol:
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

NUPPIZ!!!!!!!!

The Pirelli tyre looks terrible! Slowest of all the dry tyres aside from Goodride!! And also the most expensive! WHAT?!

I think I'll have to look into sourcing my tyres from elsewhere...yup, you just drove away your most loyal customer. Good luck finding teams to buy your product now!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Even I've got to admit, even the world's most loyal Bridgestone customer isn't too pleased with the stats given for the tires... we shall have to see though
Trulli bad puns...