Reject of the Race-Canada 2013

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Alextrax52

Reject of the Race-Canada 2013

Post by Alextrax52 »

I know it's only practice and you can strangle me all you like but there are 2 candidates already

The first candidate is some of the timing screens because they keep showing the wrong driver. They mistook Di Resta spinning for Sutil then they mistook Ricciardo locking up for Vergne and finally they mistook Webber almost hitting the wall of champions for Vettel. What Ineptitude

The second candidate at the moment has to be Sauber Is this really the same team that scored a podium last year? They were only faster than the Caterham's and Marussia's and the Mexican was ahead of the German. Even Williams were faster than them. The Hulk must be ruing the day he switched to Sauber. The fact that he was just 0.1 faster than Bianchi and 0.3 faster than Charles Pic says it all.
good_Ralf

Re: Reject of the Race-Canada 2013

Post by good_Ralf »

If Hamilton gets beaten by Rosberg again I'm nominating Roscoe the Dog for being a distraction to Lewis.

John Watson has criticized him for taking Roscoe with him as the paddock is no place for an animal and the dog be banned from the paddock. Ironically (although I'm not calling Wattie a hypocrite), there is a feature on the official F1 website titled F1® drivers and their dogs which is a gallery of drivers with a dog. One of those is Watson himself from 1975! However, he is not featured on the circuit with his canine pals.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

F1Rejects for not renaming the award to Reject of the Weekend.

Yeah, I'm going to do this until it gets changed ;)
Trump 2016
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

darkapprentice77 wrote:F1Rejects for not renaming the award to Reject of the Weekend.

Yeah, I'm going to do this until it gets changed ;)

Too much of a fuss is made of this. The way I see it, people can just be patient and hang on until Sunday. That way, we'll have no argument slinging or complaining at all. If people have a nomination to make from qualifying, they can still hang on. No sense in making nominations when only about 30% of the weekend is done.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

This is the problem I have, in that opening ROTR threads on a Friday night/Saturday never used to be an issue until quite recently. Why has it suddenly become almost sacreligious to open one before the race? :|

People are strange...
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

East Londoner wrote:This is the problem I have, in that opening ROTR threads on a Friday night/Saturday never used to be an issue until quite recently. Why has it suddenly become almost sacreligious to open one before the race? :|

People are strange...
I don't mind that threads are opened on friday night, the problem I have is simply the name of the award, if a driver can be nominated for something that happened outside of the race, then it shouldn't be called Reject of the Race.
Trump 2016
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

darkapprentice77 wrote:
East Londoner wrote:This is the problem I have, in that opening ROTR threads on a Friday night/Saturday never used to be an issue until quite recently. Why has it suddenly become almost sacreligious to open one before the race? :|

People are strange...
I don't mind that threads are opened on friday night, the problem I have is simply the name of the award, if a driver can be nominated for something that happened outside of the race, then it shouldn't be called Reject of the Race.

We're on f1rejects.com, where Reject of the Race has been awarded since 2000. It's tradition, it's what's done here, there's no reason to make it into a problem.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

darkapprentice77 wrote:

People are strange...

A bad day in practice often leads to a bad qualifying run and then into a bad race.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Does it really matter? I mean, Jenoch decides the real ROTR by themselves anyway, we can only advice them. Even if i nominate the tree in front of my window, i have the right to do so. It will not have any influence on the real ROTR decision. But it could inspire Jenoch to ROTR that tree anyway if nothing rejectful were to happen in the F1 universe. (however, very unlikely, we should be mentally prepared for the day that really nothing rejectful happens)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Reject of the Race - Canada 2013 will be......Charlie Whiting.
-*:-
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Jocke1 wrote:Reject of the Race - Canada 2013 will be......Charlie Whiting.

Does this have something to do with Canada 2011 or Australia this year?
mario

Post by mario »

Kimi-ICE wrote:I know it's only practice and you can strangle me all you like but there are 2 candidates already

The first candidate is some of the timing screens because they keep showing the wrong driver. They mistook Di Resta spinning for Sutil then they mistook Ricciardo locking up for Vergne and finally they mistook Webber almost hitting the wall of champions for Vettel. What Ineptitude

The second candidate at the moment has to be Sauber Is this really the same team that scored a podium last year? They were only faster than the Caterham's and Marussia's and the Mexican was ahead of the German. Even Williams were faster than them. The Hulk must be ruing the day he switched to Sauber. The fact that he was just 0.1 faster than Bianchi and 0.3 faster than Charles Pic says it all.

Sauber's pace is fairly dreadful so far - they are 18th and 19th fastest in sector 1 (they're slower a tenth slower than Pic and only a few hundredths faster than Bianchi), 15th and 18th fastest in sector 2 and 16th and 19th slowest in sector 3 (where Bianchi is 17th fastest and half a tenth quicker than Hulkenberg). If they were consistently slow in one sector they could at least target their efforts there, but they are consistently slow in both the high speed and slow speed technical sections and seem all at sea at both extremes of the circuit.

They also looked pretty poor in wet conditions too - Hulkenberg was really struggling for rear traction in the first sector in FP1, and the amount of movement at the rear of the car suggested that they still haven't fully solved their problems with rear end instability. We'll see what they do in FP3, but the signs are not particularly encouraging so far given they've openly admitted that they are really struggling with their set ups.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Massa and Grosjean are the favorites now.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

The weather and Di resta are the favs right now
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
PT8475

Post by PT8475 »

I'd say Lotus are favs atm.
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

PT8475 wrote:I'd say Lotus are favs atm.

I agree now. Poor pitstop and fuel consumption
PT8475

Post by PT8475 »

rachel1990 wrote:

Or Mark Webber's rev limiter.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

PT8475 wrote:
rachel1990 wrote:

Or Mark Webber's rev limiter.

Adrian Sutil's defending or Jenson Button's strategy
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

What about the Marshalling. Where were the Blue Flags there?
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

We have a very obvious nomination= Van de Garde for hitting Webber!
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

Van de garde- Second incident of the day=Winner
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Gideo Van derp Garde: Monaco Hero to Canada absolute Zero
TheBigJ

Post by TheBigJ »

I think I'll nominate Red Bull the media and the armchair traditionalists for ruining the race by whingeing about tyres. This is what happens...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

And it's a clear ROTR for everyone who was bitching about Pirelli.

With an honourable mention to Giedo van derp Garde - drove like a goddamn rock ape out there.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Not many candidates, again. I think van der Garde wasn't much in the crash with Webber, so I'll nominate Sauber. Rubbish all around.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

CarlosFerreira wrote:Not many candidates, again. I think van der Garde wasn't much in the crash with Webber, so I'll nominate Sauber. Rubbish all around.

What. Did you not see the part where he clearly turned in on Webber, who was lapping him, and was most of the way alongside?
Everything's great.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Much like BlindCaveSalamander said above.

1. Everyone Who Was Bitching About Pirelli: See what happens ladies and gentlemen.

2. van Der Garde: Slow and wreckless as usual.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Van Der Garde, Sauber, Kimi, McLaren, Williams... and a weird nomination: some microphones on the track were set too loud and the cars had a square-y, overdriven volume, and then there's the stewards...

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

Van de Garde was just awful today. I couldn't help but laugh when he decided to run over his wing, and the incident with Webber was inexcusable.

That said I'm going to nominate Sauber. Hulkenberg faded way too quickly and somehow was taken out by Van de Garde (not necessarily his fault mind you) and Gutierrez was stuck in Marussiaville until he decided to put it in the wall. All while Force India puts their cars in the points, one being somewhat broken and the other starting from 17th.

Honorable mention goes to Raikkonen: he would've been beaten by Grosjean if the latter did not have to pit.

EDIT: And if Hulkenberg somehow caused his own retirement, then that further compounds my nomination for Sauber.
Last edited by Dan B on 09 Jun 2013, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Shizuka wrote:Van Der Garde, Sauber, Kimi, McLaren, Williams... and a weird nomination: some microphones on the track were set too loud and the cars had a square-y, overdriven volume, and then there's the stewards...

The stewards? What did they do wrong?
Last edited by Salamander on 09 Jun 2013, 19:51, edited 1 time in total.
Everything's great.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Well, there's a few contenders for me this evening:

Dishonourable mentions today for Sauber (again, a poor performance), Vettel's suspension for being too strong (a joke), Van der Garde, and Lotus for being insultingly slow compared to the ultimate pace.

But ROTR has to go to Pirelli doubters. Go home already. Pirelli, especially Paul Hembrey, have been a fresh face to the sport and something refreshing for a change. As people. Have said before, they were given a brief and stuck to it. I don't necessarily agree with it, nor do I like the fact they gave in a little to the team's protests, but the bitchers are really starting to irritate me now. Pirelli being driven out by constant bs is the last thing the sport needs.

And as for van der Garde, while his driving was rejectful today, it was refreshing to see a nice touch of incompetence from the backmarker teams that's been sadly missed ;)
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
Dan B wrote:Van de Garde was just awful today. I couldn't help but laugh when he decided to run over his wing, and the incident with Webber was inexcusable.

That said I'm going to nominate Sauber. Hulkenberg faded way too quickly and somehow was taken out by Van de Garde (not necessarily his fault mind you) and Gutierrez was stuck in Marussiaville until he decided to put it in the wall. All while Force India puts their cars in the points, one being somewhat broken and the other starting from 17th.

Honorable mention goes to Raikkonen: he would've been beaten by Grosjean if the latter did not have to pit.

I never mentioned the stewards.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Here we go then

Giedo Van derp Garde: Hero to Zero

Mclaren: What has gone wrong? Out of the points for the first time since Abu Dhabi 2009. They are now 14 points behind Force India and the fact that Vergne in the Toro Rosso is now ahead of Perez in the Drivers Title just says it all. ROTY at this rate. That'll teach Button not to steal Vettel's wins

Lotus: What the hell was that? Seriously their tires went off faster than the others in the first stint and Grosjean stayed out way too long and didn't do much. Ferrari are now miles ahead and the tire chewing Mercedes are miles ahead in the title too.

The TV director: I could have directed the race better than him. 5 laps in and i saw more of replays than live action

The Crowd: Come on Vettel dominated but you don't have to jeer him and cheer Alonso. 2011 all over again. Disgusting

Everyone Moaning about Pirelli: They Obviously want to see more of VETTELWINSLOL

Sauber: 5 words: Crap Crap and Uber Crap

The Stewards: Penalties to Maldonado and Sutil for minor infringements were ridiculous
Last edited by Alextrax52 on 09 Jun 2013, 21:12, edited 2 times in total.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

For me, Stewards:

1 - Maldonado and Sutil contact was race incident only.
2 - Ridiculous penalty for Van Der Garde! Completely Webber fault! He wasn't close enough for overtake. Webber is the one who deserved a penalty. But you know who will be punished in a incident between a front runner and a backmacker.
3 - Sutil's penalty for me was undeserved.
4 - The Hulk deserved a penalty for his contact with Van Der Garde. He did exactly that Alguersuari did with Chandook in Spain/10 and he got a penalty in that race.

Also, I also mention Blue Flags rules. Please, get rid of this!
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Dan B wrote:
Dan B wrote:Van de Garde was just awful today. I couldn't help but laugh when he decided to run over his wing, and the incident with Webber was inexcusable.

I never mentioned the stewards.

Crap, sorry. I meant to quote Shizuka's post instead. :oops:
Everything's great.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:The stewards? What did they do wrong?

I think Sutil's penalty was a little cruel, and interestingly, it came out almost immediately.
I'm not mentioning VDG now. How is that crash a stop and go penalty I don't understand. It did not destroy Webber's race, no matter if it was his fault or not.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

1st Van De Garde- two crashes took the hulk out and nearly took webber out and didn't cause a saftey car
2nd BBC- For the final time - IT WAS NOT AN EXCITING RACE

nominations go to - Canadian race fans- No matter how boring the race is there is no need to boo Vettel
The weather- Wrong day to rain
Lotus- Very poor day
Mclaren- No points no hope
Last edited by rachel1990 on 09 Jun 2013, 20:10, edited 1 time in total.
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

Crap, sorry. I meant to quote Shizuka's post instead. :oops:

No worries.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

rachel1990 wrote:2nd BBC- For the final time - IT WAS NOT AN EXCITING RACE

And no doubt they'll be gushing over Di Resta's drive and lauding him to the skies about how he'll move up the ranks
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Dj_bereta wrote:1 - Maldonado and Sutil contact was race incident only.

Maldonado screwed up under braking and damaged Sutil's rear wing. Seems pretty clear cut to me.

2 - Ridiculous penalty for Van Der Garde! Completely Webber fault! He wasn't close enough for overtake. Webber is the one who deserved a penalty. But you know who will be punished in a incident between a front runner and a backmacker.
Also, I also mention Blue Flags rules. Please, get rid of this!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Webber was lapping van der Garde. He was alongside the Caterham. And then van der Garde turned in on him. It didn't ruin Webber's race, but it was an avoidable collision, between a lapped car and a car in contention for a podium. This is exactly why the blue flag rule exists - to stop fools like van der Garde from potentially ruining somebody else's race like that. Do I need to remind you of some of Andrea de Cesaris' antics?

4 - The Hulk deserved a penalty for his contact with Van Der Garde. He did exactly that Alguersuari did with Chandook in Spain/10 and he got a penalty in that race.

van der Garde. Was. A lap. Down. He should not have been in that position in the first place.
Everything's great.