2017 RWRS Universe Silly Season Thread

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
AndreaModa

Re: 2017 RWRS Universe Silly Season Thread

Post by AndreaModa »

Remember folks that the DEC limit of 5 is just for the three RWRS series. Everything else is fair game.

Personally, I can't quite see the issue here, because nothing has changed since it was brought in. Grid sizes are the same as before, and actually being reduced in F3RWRS, and there's a higher than ever involvement across the universe as a whole. Maybe we could come to some sort of agreement in increasing the DEC to possibly six or seven drivers, but I still want to see a limit. The whole thing has been created for the enjoyment of everyone, and with team slots at an absolute premium I think there needs to be as much opportunity as possible for all members to be involved through entering drivers.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Guillaume Gauthier wrote:I have to express my support for Jeremy's argument, ze DEC rule 'as served it's purpose in my opinion, but with the recent explosion of new organisations, championships, and driver talent, I feel it is an unnecessary and obsolete relic. We should not be restricting talented drivers simply because there are more than 5 of them under one organisations banner.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AndreaModa wrote:Remember folks that the DEC limit of 5 is just for the three RWRS series. Everything else is fair game.

Personally, I can't quite see the issue here, because nothing has changed since it was brought in. Grid sizes are the same as before, and actually being reduced in F3RWRS, and there's a higher than ever involvement across the universe as a whole. Maybe we could come to some sort of agreement in increasing the DEC to possibly six or seven drivers, but I still want to see a limit. The whole thing has been created for the enjoyment of everyone, and with team slots at an absolute premium I think there needs to be as much opportunity as possible for all members to be involved through entering drivers.

Aye, but these members who don't have teams aren't exercising their ability to use up the quota. The rule is good in theory, but the set of users it's designed to help aren't taking advantage of it.

I'll be entirely up front - I have no intention of adhering to the RWRS DEC limit next season. But it's not because I'm deliberately crowding out the series with garabge because I want to take it over, it's just....my drivers have got results, and so people want to hire them, and frankly I want them to be hired for good seats, so their careers don't go down the toilet. For example;

Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen - Kamaha F1RWRS
Benoit Voeckler - Boxtel F1RWRS
Marco Bizzarri - in negotiations for F1RWRS contract
Marcel Agyemang-Badu - Voeckler GPE F2RWRS
Salvatore Miccoli - RonDen F2RWRS
Alessandro Lucarelli - Simpson F2RWRS
Tonu Pykalisto - Voeckler GPE F3RWRS

Benoit and Marco's places in the list if anything are testament to the lack of other talent coming through the ranks - they don't have any skill at all frankly, but they are pay drivers, and those are in short demand in F1RWRS right now. If users with no RWRS teams would create more young pay-drivers and place them sensibly at teams, rather than take any old seat and have their careers derailed by the Dofascos, Beiraos and Revolutions of this world, the rule would work. But users aren't doing that, so the rule has no purpose. It's a rule for a scenario that doesn't exist.

In theory the whole system should be self-regulatory, the drivers worth a damn get where they need to go and the rotten apples are shuffled out the door. I even came to the point I realised I was relying too heavily on my own drivers, and from 2017 most of my drivers will be owned by other users. I am already doing my bit, giving up DECs here and there, shuffling people around to make sure there is space for other users - but even after all that, I'm still over the limit. So let's just abolish the rule and stick to unregulated but still common sense limits?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I see your point, and for those such as you in situations like that it's pretty difficult to see any other way of resolving it aside from abolishing the DEC rule.

I'm happy to go with the majority consensus on this one, as it seems so far that I'm the only one opposed to it. If the majority decide to abolish the DEC limit then that's fine. :)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

I strongly reject a removal or modification of the DEC rules. Biscione's argument does not hold up.

biscione wrote:I'll be entirely up front - I have no intention of adhering to the RWRS DEC limit next season. But it's not because I'm deliberately crowding out the series with garabge because I want to take it over, it's just....my drivers have got results, and so people want to hire them, and frankly I want them to be hired for good seats, so their careers don't go down the toilet.

Whether your drivers are good or not is not important for the reason this rule exist. Whether you flood something with peach nectar or with piss, a flood is a flood.

biscione wrote:Benoit and Marco's places in the list if anything are testament to the lack of other talent coming through the ranks - they don't have any skill at all frankly, but they are pay drivers, and those are in short demand in F1RWRS right now. If users with no RWRS teams would create more young pay-drivers and place them sensibly at teams, rather than take any old seat and have their careers derailed by the Dofascos, Beiraos and Revolutions of this world, the rule would work.

You know very well if everyone would be as selective as you are with your choices no lower team would ever get any drivers. At best, that argument only serves in favour of removing (or at least severely decreasing) the Reject License hurdles so less successful pay drivers can make the jump as well

The reason the DEC rule was established was to prevent RWS1 and the lower series from being an exclusive club. With elitism rampant in the established circle of the PMMF - please, do not waste our collective time arguing this. I am right, and you damn sure know I am - this rule is needed more than ever, so if enforcing it causes a lack of desired RWS1 drivers, then we need to make the entry limits for those desired drivers lower and lower the Reject License hurdles (at least for pay drivers).
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Klon wrote:Whether your drivers are good or not is not important for the reason this rule exist. Whether you flood something with peach nectar or with piss, a flood is a flood.

It seems you don't understand the concept of seasons - do you think I suddenly ended up with 7 DECs in RWRS because I flooded the market in one go? No, it wasn't a flood at all, it was a slow trickle. It was staggered. And by some strange miracle (or perhaps I'm just good at the game), drivers I kept creating for new series, or old series because my previous drivers moved on, kept winning things and earning their promotions up the RWRS ladder. We're moving into the fourth season of a full set of RWRS series, and during those four seasons other outlets for new drivers like RoLFS and F1RDS have popped up as well. If the bit-part PMMF members don't create enough drivers to bridge the demand on their own (which they don't), the team owners need to start making them to fill the void.

Klon wrote:You know very well if everyone would be as selective as you are with your choices no lower team would ever get any drivers.

It's my right as a team owner to send them to whichever team I can agree terms with, and reject those that don't make the cut in terms of quality. Why do backmarkers deserve good drivers? If they can't run their team properly then they deserve the sloppy seconds they get. I'm not stuck with awful drivers because I actually bothered to try a little bit.

Klon wrote:The reason the DEC rule was established was to prevent RWS1 and the lower series from being an exclusive club. With elitism rampant in the established circle of the PMMF - please, do not waste our collective time arguing this. I am right, and you damn sure know I am - this rule is needed more than ever, so if enforcing it causes a lack of desired RWS1 drivers, then we need to make the entry limits for those desired drivers lower and lower the Reject License hurdles (at least for pay drivers).

I should not argue this because you are right and that's an absolute? Don't be silly, you are not above anybody, and in fact this is merely a demonstration of the very thing you were arguing against. I am sitting here, waiting for half-decent drivers to materialise from these outside the "exclusive club" you so refer to, and I don't see many of them. I am even a little bit newer to this that some of the other established participants, but I didn't have a problem getting along with it.

Maybe you prefer the "everyone should get a participation medal, there are no winners in life, the only objective is to have fun! :D" type of game, but there is no fun for me unless there is an opportunity of winning. No, dominating. Why am I doing this? Because it's a game, and I can't do that in real life. It's nice to act the megalomaniac for once, because I don't get to in reality. I don't want the experience trodden down on by rules that do nothing but make the game worse. Don't even kid yourself into thinking it makes the game fairer, it does no such thing, it makes no difference in the way it is intended to. It just punishes those playing the game more skillfully than others.

And why are you even bringing up reject license criteria? Don't complain to me about it, it wasn't my idea and I'm not in control of it. It seems your real gripe there is with Aerond.

And the final thought; how can a game be called a game, if there are no winners and losers? This communist mentality does not enhance the game at all. You want to force less participation from existing users? Find a way for them to be kicked out of the various canon series and replaced with newer users. Because DEC limit or no DEC limit, nothing changes in regard to newer user participation.

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

I do agree on keeping a limit on drivers. Now i don't have any problems with them, as i have only 3 drivers within the system now, and one of them just won 4 F1RWRS races, so it's defenitely not impossible for people to have a succesful driver. Also Mignolet started out as a hopeless pay-driver and now has made his name, so the series should remain reachable for rejectful pay-drivers, just in case they turn out to be rather good.
I think the current limit of 5 is good, and i we include the AutoRejects series, something like 7 would be perfect. That would still mean more than one driver per series per user on average. That's more than enough to have a reasonable chance of one or two of these drivers becoming succesful.

Altough it's obvious that i do have a policy of running drivers not owned by myself, but that's my choice, and as it opens up opportunities for others, i think people aren't exactly unhappy about this.
And yes, i have the guts to disagree with Kostas/whatever, despite the fact that most of his drivers end up at RonDen at some point of their career (you'd almost think the guy' stalking me :lol: )

And i do disagree about the communist philosophy, i can have lots of funs whilst not winning! This is F1 rejects for heavens sake! Unfortunately, some of my drivers do win :lol:
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

biscione wrote:It seems you don't understand the concept of seasons - do you think I suddenly ended up with 7 DECs in RWRS because I flooded the market in one go? No, it wasn't a flood at all, it was a slow trickle. It was staggered. And by some strange miracle (or perhaps I'm just good at the game), drivers I kept creating for new series, or old series because my previous drivers moved on, kept winning things and earning their promotions up the RWRS ladder. If the bit-part PMMF members don't create enough drivers to bridge the demand on their own (which they don't), the team owners need to start making them to fill the void.

Basically your problem is you too have many teams and created too many drivers for them and don't know what to do with them. Tough break, I say. It is not a problem that would require change. And you want drivers? I can give you drivers. Look, at, say, v8fan12. This guy has a dozen drivers. You know how many DECs he has? Zero. bathplug all. He is just one example of many who'd have drivers for your teams, negating your need to create your own drivers. Thanks to pasta, we now even have a handy archive of those dudes: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6769 ... look at all those drivers for users not at their DEC limit. As far as I am concerned, you made your bed yourself. Lie in it.

biscione wrote:It's my right as a team owner to send them to whichever team I can agree terms with, and reject those that don't make the cut in terms of quality. Why do backmarkers deserve good drivers? If they can't run their team properly then they deserve the sloppy seconds they get. I'm not stuck with awful drivers because I actually bothered to try a little bit.

I didn't say they do deserve good drivers, I said if everyone would be as selective as you are, we would be stuck in a ridiculous situation where everyone is wiggling around the top seats and we would have a number of unsuccessful teams who would be missing out on any drivers at all.

biscione wrote:I should not argue this because you are right and that's an absolute? Don't be silly, you are not above anybody, and in fact this is merely a demonstration of the very thing you were arguing against. I am sitting here, waiting for half-decent drivers to materialise from these outside the "exclusive club" you so refer to, and I don't see many of them. I am even a little bit newer to this that some of the other established participants, but I didn't have a problem getting along with it.

Because I love killing two birds with one stone, let's take the case of Bob Lomas then. 18 year old, an unwritten page as far as the ASMF goes and therefore in the perfect range for RWS3. Why is the guy heading to the GT-R WC then? It couldn't possibly be because a good half dozen team owners have decided to, on principle, not sign any driver that the user behind Bob Lomas created, even if they were the second coming of Alain Prost, now could it? That would just be silly. That doesn't happen at all, since we are sooo not elitist. I didn't want this discussed because it is so obvious, making the discussion more than futile for everyone involved. Of course I could have nuppiz or somebody else dig up the chatlog of the last two months and find enough anti-newbie material to write a damn dissertation on but I don't have the time nor the desire to.

biscione wrote:Maybe you prefer the "everyone should get a participation medal, there are no winners in life, the only objective is to have fun! :D" type of game, but there is no fun for me unless there is an opportunity of winning. No, dominating. Why am I doing this? Because it's a game, and I can't do that in real life. It's nice to act the megalomaniac for once, because I don't get to in reality. I don't want the experience trodden down on by rules that do nothing but make the game worse. Don't even kid yourself into thinking it makes the game fairer, it does no such thing, it makes no difference in the way it is intended to. It just punishes those playing the game more skillfully than others.

Pull your head out of your rectum, will you? As I said above your DEC troubles are your own fault and your failure to handle them is your own problem. Just like me maxing out my DEC limit despite being able to provide six or seven desired drivers is my problem. And despite of your whinging about me being the evil communist (what is this, McCarthyism 2.0?) I have nothing against your wish to be successful, seeing as I for my part have it myself (if I wouldn't want to win in RWS1 I wouldn't even bother with that series anymore). The DEC rules as I see them don't exist to make the game fairer, they are supposed to keep it somewhat accessible. As I have pointed out above, that is needed.

biscione wrote:And why are you even bringing up reject license criteria? Don't complain to me about it, it wasn't my idea and I'm not in control of it. It seems your real gripe there is with Aerond.

I am bringing that up because everyone knows and you yourself said - in a way - that Marco Bizzarri and Benoit Voeckler are mediocre pay drivers. If they actually serve a purpose that cannot be served by drivers from other users then we'd need to adjust the Reject License rules first before we think about opening up the DEC floodgates. Seeing as this is F1 Rejects after all, I really doubt you are the only user that is willing to provide a pay driver so if there is no other pay driver source, then the rules of who can and cannot drive in RWS1 are faulty. And what's that? If you remove the pay drivers you are suddenly within the five-driver limit? Funny how the world works after all.
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

In terms of this RWSx DEC debate, I had a little idea. You know how it is with me, walk up some stairs to get some tea and I get a idea.

*The RWSx DEC Limit for Each User is Increased by One, to Six.

-The Five Slots each user had will remain the same that they were since the beginning of the RWSx DEC programme.
-The Sixth and FINAL slot will be allocated at the beginning of each season to a Dedicated Pay-Driver that has employment the whole season. This doesn't mean the other five slots can't be filled by Pay-Drivers.
-This driver can only be replaced at a moments notice if the driver is unable to drive because of a injury (the injury must happen on track, no making up story-lines to replace drivers) and is unable to compete for at least one month. The driver that will be substituting in this slot must also be a Pay-Driver, no exceptions.
-Driver Bans, Benchings, Leave of Absences and anything related will result in the Sixth DEC slot being Frozen until the Driver Returns, leaving you with the five you already had.

As far as I am aware, Super-Sub drivers don't affect the DEC as they're only racing for a race or two to cover a Full-Time DEC Driver's ban.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

That is an idea I could get behind. It wouldn't completely remove the DEC rules but also allow some flexibility for the Voecklers of this world.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Klon et al., I thought it had been agreed that FxRWRS would NOT be renamed RWSx for the next few years? Therefore, could we not have sour grapes about it and refer to what the series will actually be known as please, ie FxRWRS?

Being referred to by your actual name is important. Back in the 1970s, my grandmother had been widowed for a few years. Then there was one week where she received two marriage proposals in the same week. She accepted the first proposal from a man named Morris, rejected David. So when I was born, I was known by Morris as 'the baby' because he could not accept that I had the same name as the other gentleman that had proposed to my grandmother. Thankfully, my parents made him see sense...

(As an aside, my grandmother became widowed for a second time, and ended up being able to marry David too, but that's another story. The point is, for a while, my grandfather refused to refer to me by my name, and had I been able to understand at the time, it would have been awkward for me.)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I can see points on both sides here. One of the big problems I have with the DEC in its current form is that, with the rise of AR2.0 and AR3.5, it is now very possible for a driver to go through those series and enter RWSx right at the top level and skip RWS2 and 3 entirely, so it seems a bit counter-productive to limit those series but not the AutoReject ones. So, we could abolish the DEC entirely, or we could add the AutoReject series' to those covered under the DEC limit and raise it accordingly, to, say, 9 or 10. This would of course come with a clause preventing a user having more than 3 or 4 drivers in a DEC limit-enforced series. Another idea I had, separate from adding AutoReject under the DEC umbrella, was to add a rule where a team has to run at least one driver owned by a user who is not the same as the team owner.

These are just proposals that I came up with in like, a couple minutes, so feel free to shoot them down if they're particularly stupid. As for RRR's added pay-driver only DEC slot, I see no inherent problems with that.

However, even if the DEC limit is not abolished, I think that we need to discuss it regardless, as there is simply too many unknowns surrounding it as-is, chief among which is the lack of a defined penalty for breaking it.

As for calling RWS1 by its proper name, well, last time I checked it wasn't a real person and didn't have feelings. There are plenty of inanimate objects and concepts which have different names in the same language, and I see no reason to stop people calling things a different name to anyone else - provided, of course, that it's not directly offensive to anyone. Which RWS1 isn't. It won't change the fact that the official name of the series is F1RWRS.
Everything's great.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Salamander wrote:As for calling RWS1 by its proper name, well, last time I checked it wasn't a real person and didn't have feelings. There are plenty of inanimate objects and concepts which have different names in the same language, and I see no reason to stop people calling things a different name to anyone else - provided, of course, that it's not directly offensive to anyone. Which RWS1 isn't. It won't change the fact that the official name of the series is F1RWRS.

Alright, I get your point, but there may be new people who come along and may get confused by one series being referred to by another name when there are already so many series with so many acronyms. KISS.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Salamander wrote:As for calling RWS1 by its proper name, well, last time I checked it wasn't a real person and didn't have feelings. There are plenty of inanimate objects and concepts which have different names in the same language, and I see no reason to stop people calling things a different name to anyone else - provided, of course, that it's not directly offensive to anyone. Which RWS1 isn't. It won't change the fact that the official name of the series is F1RWRS.

Last time I checked, there was no alternative common name for Formula 1, or World Rally Championship, or DTM, or WTCC, or...the list goes on.

And yes, sometimes I will call whatever the official FIA championship for GT cars as just "FIA GT", because they changed the name so many times I have no idea what it is anymore. But the key thing here is, it actually changed. F1RWRS has not. F1RWRS always has been known as such, and will continue to do so for the forseeable future. There is no alternative. F1RWRS is F1RWRS. It does not exist in any other nomenclature. If you want an RWS1, make a breakaway series. But F1RWRS is F1RWRS and nothing else. Your quest for a name change failed, so just leave it alone.

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Biscione wrote:

Last time I checked, there was no alternative common name for Formula 1, or World Rally Championship, or DTM, or WTCC, or...the list goes on.

And yes, sometimes I will call whatever the official FIA championship for GT cars as just "FIA GT", because they changed the name so many times I have no idea what it is anymore. But the key thing here is, it actually changed. F1RWRS has not. F1RWRS always has been known as such, and will continue to do so for the forseeable future. There is no alternative. F1RWRS is F1RWRS. It does not exist in any other nomenclature. If you want an RWS1, make a breakaway series. But F1RWRS is F1RWRS and nothing else. Your quest for a name change failed, so just leave it alone.

Thank you for your support - I am glad I'm not the only one thinking this...
MCard LOLA
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Seb Prost is not joining Aston Martin in F2RWRS, both him and Johnson are staying put at RBWRT. They will also be signed on as Autodynamics test drivers.

Andrea Battani is looking for a F1RWRS race drive, he would drive any old shitbox just to stay in the sport.

Dale Hamilton will leave F3RWRS for AR3.5, he will compete for my team. (I have yet to decide on the name for them)

Miguel Silva will replace him in the second RBWRT F3RWRS car.

Volker Scrattenheim will stay in AR2.0, Vincent Nandan has an offer to join him

Miko Glotch is interested in a AR3.5 drive.

If anyone could put this stuff on the wiki that would be amazing.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Brett Johnson 'disappointed' at Prost snub

With Sebastian Prost being offered a contract at Aston Martin, everyone thought it was an offer he couldn't refuse. But when Prost declined the contract from Aston Martin, it left everyone in shock. "I'm obviously very disappointed that Seb (Prost) didn't sign our contract, I don't know why he wanted to sign with Red Bull, they aren't exactly the best team in the series. But I wish Seb all the best, he is still a talented driver, and I hope that Red Bull improves so that he can further his career." Currently, there has not been any obvious links towards the next driver for Aston in 2017.

Translation: If Bizzarri flunks out in his stint, I don't have a clue who to tire next :?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Hey dr-baker, any chance Douglas Mann wants to re-sign for HRT in 2017? We could use a driver who isn't awful :mrgreen:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:Hey dr-baker, any chance Douglas Mann wants to re-sign for HRT in 2017? We could use a driver who isn't awful :mrgreen:

Douglas Mann would love to drive for a team that thinks that he isn't awful!

Is there any demand for Pippa Mann, Martin McFry or Ben Fleet? Two out of the three will drive for Foxdale, and I don't mind which two.
MCard LOLA
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

I would like to point out that for teams in need of a capable RWS1 qualifier, Alberto Cara is available.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Klon wrote:I would like to point out that for teams in need of a capable RWS1 qualifier, Alberto Cara is available.

What's RWS1? A vote tells me it's called F1RWRS... :roll:
MCard LOLA
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

dr-baker wrote:
Klon wrote:I would like to point out that for teams in need of a capable RWS1 qualifier, Alberto Cara is available.

Offer a driver contract or buzz off... :P
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Klon wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Offer a driver contract or buzz off... :P

My previous post suggests that that ain't gonna happen! :P
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

If you want to send your driver to RWSx, go find the RWSx thread. This is the RWRS thread. You are in the wrong place! ;)

Image Image
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Biscione wrote:

If you want to send your driver to RWSx, go find the RWSx thread. This is the RWRS thread. You are in the wrong place! ;)

I repeat: offer a driver contract or buzz off... :P
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I'd like to offer Pippa Mann, Ben Fleet and Alberto Cara the chance to partner Sammy Jones in the inaugural season of the ACO Le Mans Cup in Jones Racing Group's first prototype sportscar chassis.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

AndreaModa wrote:I'd like to offer Pippa Mann, Ben Fleet and Alberto Cara the chance to partner Sammy Jones in the inaugural season of the ACO Le Mans Cup in Jones Racing Group's first prototype sportscar chassis.

Pippa Mann, Ben Fleet and Martin McFry are only interested in F1RWRS...
MCard LOLA
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

dr-baker wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:I'd like to offer Pippa Mann, Ben Fleet and Alberto Cara the chance to partner Sammy Jones in the inaugural season of the ACO Le Mans Cup in Jones Racing Group's first prototype sportscar chassis.

Judging by this season, if Pippa didn't have a refuge at Foxdale she'd have no chance of staying in F1RWRS. In fact, after that awful season, I don't think she deserves that Foxdale seat....
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

If we're implementing the 10% DEC rule the surely you can only run three of your four drivers in F1RWRS next year anyway Baker?

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Judging by this season, if Pippa didn't have a refuge at Foxdale she'd have no chance of staying in F1RWRS. In fact, after that awful season, I don't think she deserves that Foxdale seat....

And after their seasons, I'd only hire Fleet or McFry if I desperately needed their pay driver credits and had no better options. You have to take a realistic view of things when your driver has had a crap season.
Everything's great.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

AndreaModa wrote:If we're implementing the 10% DEC rule the surely you can only run three of your four drivers in F1RWRS next year anyway Baker?

F1RWRS has 40 entries, so a maximum of four drivers are allowed per user.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

pi314159 wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:If we're implementing the 10% DEC rule the surely you can only run three of your four drivers in F1RWRS next year anyway Baker?

F1RWRS has 40 entries, so a maximum of four drivers are allowed per user.

Ah, I was under the impression it was the number that started the race, so 26. Not sure where I got that from!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Alberto Cara rejects that offer, but is grateful for it anyway. He just feels his single-seater career is his main priority.
the Masked Lapwing

dr-baker wrote:
the Masked Lapwing wrote:Hey dr-baker, any chance Douglas Mann wants to re-sign for HRT in 2017? We could use a driver who isn't awful :mrgreen:

Douglas Mann would love to drive for a team that thinks that he isn't awful!

Excellent! Douglas will be HRT's lead driver for 2017. Now I just someone else who isn't awful to fill the second seat :D
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Douglas Mann would love to drive for a team that thinks that he isn't awful!

Excellent! Douglas will be HRT's lead driver for 2017. Now I just someone else who isn't awful to fill the second seat :D

May I point to Alberto Cara? He is a very good qualifier and should also have more than acceptable race pace.
the Masked Lapwing

Klon wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Douglas Mann would love to drive for a team that thinks that he isn't awful!

May I point to Alberto Cara? He is a very good qualifier and should also have more than acceptable race pace.

What would you say to 8 races with a possible extension to the entire season? All he'd have to do to get the extension is not crash every time he sits in the car :P
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Klon wrote:May I point to Alberto Cara? He is a very good qualifier and should also have more than acceptable race pace.

What would you say to 8 races with a possible extension to the entire season? All he'd have to do to get the extension is not crash every time he sits in the car :P

I think that can be arranged. Everyone knows these F2 cars are crash magnets.
So we have our deal?
the Masked Lapwing

Klon wrote:
Klon wrote:May I point to Alberto Cara? He is a very good qualifier and should also have more than acceptable race pace.

I think that can be arranged. Everyone knows these F2 cars are crash magnets.
So we have our deal?

Sounds good to me :mrgreen:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

This post is to announce that from 2017 season, Mecha Grand Prix has rebranded to Team Mecha Racing. I'm not bothered to write a publicocrap - doesn't matter as no-one cares anyway. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

If JV Albertini is interested in staying at Autodynamics then can his owner please reply in the next week or so. We would love to have him back for 2017
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.