Siemens Ausdauer Reject Series

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Siemens Ausdauer Reject Series

Post by Klon »

With my superpowered series being kind of stillborn, I figured I might satisfy the one element that the RWRS universe has not covered yet: endurance racing!

In early 2015, a book by a former Peugeot employee revealed severe corruption within the World Endurance Series. The pet project of Jean Todt, who was already facing massive criticism for his relatively lax attitude in fighting F1RWRS's expansion, was dead within months. While the FIA did manage to salvage the 24 Hours Of Le Mans and the 6 Hours of Silverstone, the series broke apart. This left a power-vacuum in the world of endurance racing which attracted the attention of the Reject Council. In cooperation with Best In The World and sponsor Siemens, the Siemens Ausdauer Reject Series was born and publically announced on the 26 September 2015. The goal of the series is to promote Endurance racing in a modern format whilst allowing for technical freedom in a cost-controlled environment.

The series calendar was confirmed a few weeks later, with the premier season involving five races of seven hours:
AR KFC American Grand Prix: Indianapolis Motor Speedway (25 May) - in the program of the 100th Indianapolis 500
AR FedEx Canadian Grand Prix: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (4 June) - in the program of the F3RWRS race
AR RTBF Belgian Grand Prix: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (14 September) - in the program of the Spa SuperPrix
AR Kenvelo Czech Grand Prix: Masaryk Circuit (1 October) - in the program of the IFRC race
AR Mitsukoshi Japanese Grand Prix: High Speed Ring (19 November) - in the program of the GTRWC SuperGP

There is a major difference between this series and most other series in this sub-forum. Your job will be less that of a team manager but more that of a strategist. You will decide how hard your guys should push with the obvious consequences: do you push too hard, you retire or suffer severe damage; you push not enough, you will fall behind. That is why this series will require slightly more effort than other series: unless something odd happens, you will need to send at least 20 messages to me during a season. Be warned. ;)

Anyway - on to business. For a team, you will need the following things:

Team Name: ... that should be obvious.

Team Nationality: ... so should this be.

Class: There will be two classes in this series: Prototype (which are closest to LMP1 cars of the late 2000s) and Road (closest to the GT300 class of Super GT)

Chassis Designation: If you feel like giving your chassis a fancy name, here's your chance.

Chassis Designer: There will be three designers available to design your chassis:

Jose Betran Carbonell
- Most famous for: designing the 2012 CR Motorsport car
- Description: Carbonell is a rather safe designer, his chassi turn out to be reliable, if not spectacular, machines who can deliver performance for hours on end

George West
- Most famous for: being on the design team responsible for the Foxdale F1-3
- Description: the polar opposite to Carbonell, West prefers an aggressive approach to chassis development and can hardly be matched as far as performance over short distances is concerned

Syed Ansari
- Most famous for: nothing yet
- Description: a young designer who just finished his degree at the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur: in his thesis he developed a chassis concept which basically nullifies performance decrease after long-term use

Basically these three can be divided in: "gives a general advantage" / "gives an advantage in the early part of the race" / "gives an advantage in the later part of the race". How those advantages actually play out, I will demonstrate when I will explain the general modus of a race weekend.

- Engine: Those are basically decorative elements for now, so feel free to pick any (reasonable) one you wish.

- Drivers: Each car will have three drivers who will have a skill value assigned to them by a weighted RNG which will come into play during a race weekend. Since the series requires so many drivers, you are allowed to use RL drivers as well (which should not cause canon problems since RL drivers do exist in canon and have been part of the F1RICS before). However, each car must have at least one OC.

* So here's the formula
Team Name:
Team Nationality:
Class:
Chassis Designation:
Chassis Designer:
Engine:
Drivers (First Car):
Drivers (Second Car):

I plan on having 12 teams, 6 in each class, for now. So get to it and help me make the long-living dream of Reject Endurance racing true.
Last edited by Klon on 19 May 2013, 12:14, edited 2 times in total.
Salamander

Re: Siemens Reject Endurance Series

Post by Salamander »

Team Name: Equipe Gauthier
Team Nationality: French
Class: Prototype
Chassis Designation: GP16.01
Chassis Designer: Syed Ansari
Engine: Renault
Drivers (First Car): Stéphane Sarrazin (FRA), Laurent Gauthier (FRA), Jacob Tucker (USA)
Drivers (Second Car): Anthony Davidson (GBR), Hanna Edens (NED), Seres Adél (HUN)
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Team Name: Supercheap Auto Racing ZimSport
Team Nationality: Aussie
Chassis Designation: SCA1
Chassis Designer: Carbonell
Engine: Holden (to the surprise of no one)
Drivers (First Car): Jason Bright (AUS), David Brabham (AUS), TBA
Drivers (Second Car): Ryan Briscoe (AUS), Kamui Kobayashi (JPN), TBA

ZimSport are fielding offers for the remaining seats, having no endurance drivers at all.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

We were discussing having this series take place in GTR2, but that depended on Klon finding his copy of the game and if the game had a accelerated time function which yesterday I thought didn't have. Well, I found out it does. The K button when you are in the garage or spectate a race.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Team Name: Ecurie Prenois (French)
Chassis Designation: JC-16
Chassis Designer: Ansari
Engine: Citroen
Drivers (Car 1) : Jules Connes (FRA,fictional), Chiara Rossi (ITA,fictional), Loic Duval (FRA,RL)
Drivers (Car 2) : Nick Heidfeld (GER, RL),TBA,TBA
Last edited by pi314159 on 20 May 2013, 05:02, edited 1 time in total.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Team Name: Tassie Racing
Team Nationality: AUS
Class: Road
Chassis Designation: TR 1R
Chassis Designer: Jose Betran Carbonell
Engine: Mercedes
Drivers (First Car): Will Power (AUS), Laurent Seron (BEL) (F), Maea Blog (SAM) (F) (Old age of 44)
Drivers (Second Car): Jamie Whincup (AUS), Craig Lowndes (AUS), Humbert Moyenmoutier (FRA) (F)
Last edited by HawkAussie on 27 Jan 2014, 05:39, edited 1 time in total.
Officially Retired
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Team Name: Schröder
Team Nationality: Germany
Chassis Designation: SEP01
Engine: BMW
Drivers (First Car): Carlos Torres (PAN), Kandasamy Latif (MAS), Emmanuel Nthala (MAW)
Drivers (Second Car): Woo Dong-Geon (KOR), Laurindo Coelho (POR), Alberto Fabián (MEX)
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Team Name: IBR Lavezzi
Team Nationality: Italiano
Chassis Designation: IBR EP/16
Chassis Designer: George West
Engine: Lancia 016/1 V8 (supercharged)
Drivers (First Car): Frederic-Maxime Voeckler [FRA] & TBA
Drivers (Second Car): TBA & TBA
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Not submitting a team,but rather a few drivers.

The first driver is Erik Jankstrom from Aland Islands,though he moved to Sweden to participate in sports car racing,having won a five hour event at Anderstrop.

The second driver is Nestra Aya from Malaysia. He has money.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

WaffleCat wrote:The second driver is Nestra Aya from Malaysia. He has money.

SOLD. Co-pilot for the second IBR Lavezzi?

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Team Name: Pulsar Racing Team
Team Nationality: English
Chassis Designation: PRT-001
Engine: Cosworth
Drivers (First Car): Deividas Lukauskis (LTU), Erik Jankstrom (FIN), TBA
Drivers (Second Car): Leandro Moreira (BRZ), Anita Horford (USA), TBA
Last edited by Ataxia on 19 May 2013, 16:27, edited 3 times in total.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Stramala wrote:
WaffleCat wrote:The second driver is Nestra Aya from Malaysia. He has money.

SOLD. Co-pilot for the second IBR Lavezzi?

Aya agrees to the offer by IBR Lavezzi.

Ataxia wrote:I'll take Jankstrom if WaffleCat's alright with that, and I open the other three seats out for other members to nominate drivers.

Jankstrom would be happy to join Pulsar.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

The Lukas

Post by The Lukas »

Team Name:Dofasco Lukoil Racing
Team Nationality:Poland
Class:Road
Chassis Designation:DLR01
Chassis Designer:George West
Engine:Honda
Drivers (First Car):Tomislaw Tajner(POL,Fictional),Andreas Witzberger(AUT,Fictional),Robert Mueller(GER,Fictional)
Drivers(Second Car):Michal Broniszewski(POL,Real Driver),Dominik Malinowski(POL,Fictional),Mario Stapel(GER,Fictional)
Last edited by The Lukas on 21 May 2013, 18:00, edited 1 time in total.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Alright, looking good so far. Stramala, you'll need three drivers per car. Just so you know and can prepare.

I for my part will offer Renaldo Jimenez (Tropico) and Anita Horford (USA) as drivers.

Furthermore, the Prototype class is full - from now on all entrants go to the Road class. That means that your entry, The Lukas, will be put in said class. Sorry.
FantometteBR

Re: Siemens Ausdauer Reject Series

Post by FantometteBR »

Team Name: Équipe Fantomette by Euromotor International
Team Nationality: French
Chassis Designation: FTM1-GT
Engine: Audi
Drivers (First Car): Diego Vercuisse (URU, Fictional), Dinah Lance (USA, Fictional), Memo Rojas (MEX, RL)
Drivers (Second Car): Stephanie Brown (USA, Fictional), Ilkan Bastürk (GER, Fictional), Bruno Senna (BRA, RL)
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Team Name: Master Spark Onyx
Team Nationality: Japan
Chassis Designation: MS-007 (Master Spark)
Chassis Designer: George West
Engine: Toyota
Drivers (First Car): Akinori Kikkawa (JPN) F, Yuji Ide (JPN) , Kohei Hirate (JPN)
Drivers (Second Car): Marika Vranes (CZE) F, Tomas Enge (CZE), Kosuke Matsuura (JPN)
F is for fictional
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Klon, would Horford like to drive alongside Moreira in the second Pulsar machine?
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Ataxia wrote:Klon, would Horford like to drive alongside Moreira in the second Pulsar machine?

Sounds very good, I'm deal.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Team Name: Samurai Rocket Racing
Team Nationality: Japan
Chassis Designation: SRi-T1
Engine: Kamata or HKS (if I can use manufacturers from Ridge Racer; otherwise HKS)
Drivers (First Car): Mike Toreno [USA], Dan Hibiki [Japan], Gian-Carlo Ceara [Brazil],
Drivers (Second Car): Giovanni Vaille [Italy], Lazlow Jones [USA], Ai Fukami [Japan, female]

(Yes, the drivers on this team are entirely named after characters from video games, for laughs, so they are all technically fictional. Spot on at your own risk :lol:)
Last edited by FMecha on 19 May 2013, 16:20, edited 1 time in total.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

FMecha wrote:Engine: Kamata (if I can use manufacturers from Ridge Racer; otherwise HKS)

RRR uses Assoluto as his IFRC engine, so that should be okay.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Rasmus

Post by Rasmus »

If there is any free driver spot i would like to say that Casper Toft (DEN) is available to any seat. He brings a lot of talent and a good bunch of money. :)
Blog about all things motorsport - http://motorsportist.wordpress.com/
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Hmm, we can use RL drivers? Well, this helps with making a properly Italian lineup;

IBR #1: Frederic-Maxime Voeckler / Marco Bizzarri / Gianmaria Bruni
IBR #2: Nestra Aya / TBA / TBA

The above lineups are of course speculative. What is the calendar clashing with? Can FMV and Bizzarri do all the rounds without it clasing with GTRWC & IFRC? I would also like to as tristan if I can run Collin Pratchett in the second car, but would this clash with his F1RICS & F1RWRS reserve duties?

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Klon wrote:AR Kenvelo Czech Grand Prix: Masaryk Circuit (1 October) - in the program of the IFRC race

You sure about this? It's already quite packed there, with both IFRC and F1RDS having multiple races and qualifyings. ;)
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

I'll give this a crack...

Introducing Nepal's first foray into a major motorsport category! Many years after Red Bull showcased their F1 car on the peaks, a small sect of Buddhist monks were pulled away from serenity and meditation with the goal of producing a racing team. After teaming up with Syed Ansari during his travels as a student to the mountains of Nepal and negotiating a deal with Hyundai, they were ready (well, maybe too strong a word) to take on the world's best.

Team Name: Himalayas Racing
Team Nationality: Nepalese
Chassis Designation: Kailash-01 (each chassis will be named after a Himalayan peak)
Engine: Hyundai (most popular car in Nepal, according to a blog I just googled)
Drivers (First Car): TBA
Drivers (Second Car): TBA

I currently am planning on having four Nepalese drivers and two imports. Hoping to have others submit drivers for the team but I will create any to make up the numbers.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

With that, we are full now and enter the long waiting period until it is time to get racing.
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Himalayas Racing offers Jiménez lead driver seat
Reports have just come in that enigmatic newcomers Himalayas Racing have offered F1RWRS Tropican test-driver Renaldo Jiménez a lead driver seat in one of their vehicles set to compete in the Siemens Ausdauer Reject Series. The team, the first international motorsport body to originate from Nepal, have exploded onto the scene from nowhere following deals with designer Syed Ansari and Korean manufacturer Hyundai.
"While we will be announcing deals with native Nepalese drivers in the coming weeks, we are currently seeking talented drivers who have what it takes to conquer the Everest of motorsport, endurance racing," a spokesperson said.
It is rumoured that the team has been grooming local talent in difficult alpine rallies set in the Himalayas, which would lead some to question why they have chosen track racing instead of special stages for their first push into international motorsport, but doubtless the unique challenges of the mountains would have provided an excellent launching pad for the mental stresses of endurance racing.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Just added SARS races to the Reject Calendar. To make life easy for everyone, here are the scheduling conflics;

ROUND 1 - USA (Indianapolis)
F1RWRS - Montreal
Indy Championship Series - Same location

ROUND 2 - CANADA (Montreal)
F1RWRS - Long Beach
F2RWRS - Long Beach
F3RWRS - Same location
IFRC - Pergusa
RTCC - Knockhill
Lupo - Knockhill

ROUND 3 - BELGIUM (Spa)
Everything - Spa - Doube duty realistic

ROUND 4 - CZECH REPUBLIC (Masaryk)
F1RWRS - Mexico City
F2RWRS - Mexico City
F3RWRS - Adria
F1RDS - Same location
IFRC - Same location
GTRWC - San Luis
RTCC - Adria

ROUND 5 - JAPAN (High Speed Ring)
F3RWRS - Gold Coast
GTRWC - Same location

Because of this, Frederic-Maxime Voeckler and Marco Bizzarri are dropped from the #10 car. WaffleCat, I can't remember if Nestra Aya has a contract in any other series for 2016, but if Aya does, and it's in a series which has a scheduling conflict with SARS, then I'm afraid I'm dropping Aya from the #11.

BTW, is Aya a guy or a girl? Never been able to figure this out...

Image Image
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Stramala wrote: WaffleCat, I can't remember if Nestra Aya has a contract in any other series for 2016, but if Aya does, and it's in a series which has a scheduling conflict with SARS, then I'm afraid I'm dropping Aya from the #11.

BTW, is Aya a guy or a girl? Never been able to figure this out...

Dammit,just realized Nestra is competing in the GTR-WC. Nevermind, he offers a replacement: his brother Dimitri Aya,team boss of Pan-Asia Motorsports that paired up alongside Gerald Pereria in GTRWC and former rally driver. He also has money.

Also,Nestra is a guy.

Rasmus

Post by Rasmus »

Rasmus wrote:If there is any free driver spot i would like to say that Casper Toft (DEN) is available to any seat. He brings a lot of talent and a good bunch of money. :)

Looking as many teams are without drivers I would like to say that Casper Toft is still available :)
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Driver changes for IBR Lavezzi;

OUT
Frederic-Maxime Voeckler (#10)
Marco Bizzarri (#10)
Nestra Aya (#11)

IN
Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler (#10) (yep, he's 55 and doing Endurance Racing. But Henri Pescarolo didn't retire from the cockpit until he was 57!)
Giancarlo Fisichella (#10)
Gianmaria Bruni (#10)
Alex Caffi (#11)
Andrea Chiesa (#11)
Santiago Guglielminpietro (#11)

Image Image
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Is it possible to run ZimSport as a single car team? It's easier for me with drivers and it lets someone else into the series. If I can, just drop the second car and keep the one with Bright/Brabham. I'll name a third driver soon.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Pulsar will fill our remaining two spaces with Nick Heidfeld and Alexandre Premat.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Ataxia wrote:Pulsar will fill our remaining two spaces with Nick Heidfeld and Alexandre Premat.

Too late. I have signed Heidfeld some hours ago.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Can I be the first on the waiting list to join this series please (preferably the prototypes if there is a choice)? And do drivers in this series count towards the 5-driver-per-user limit?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:Is it possible to run ZimSport as a single car team? It's easier for me with drivers and it lets someone else into the series. If I can, just drop the second car and keep the one with Bright/Brabham. I'll name a third driver soon.

Well, I don't mind.

dr-baker wrote:Can I be the first on the waiting list to join this series please (preferably the prototypes if there is a choice)? And do drivers in this series count towards the 5-driver-per-user limit?

You can enter now with a one-car prototype entry if you wish. No, they do not - five-driver limit only applies to F1-3RWRS, if my memory serves me right.

Edit says that Renaldo Jiménez accepts the contract with Himalayas Racing, some publicocrap will follow later.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

pi314159 wrote:
Ataxia wrote:Pulsar will fill our remaining two spaces with Nick Heidfeld and Alexandre Premat.

Too late. I have signed Heidfeld some hours ago.

...should have checked, really. I just assumed that, this being the F1Rejects forum, nobody would have actually picked him! :lol:

Right, erm...I'll take Andre Lotterer then.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Klon wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Can I be the first on the waiting list to join this series please (preferably the prototypes if there is a choice)? And do drivers in this series count towards the 5-driver-per-user limit?

You can enter now with a one-car prototype entry if you wish. No, they do not - five-driver limit only applies to F1-3RWRS, if my memory serves me right.

Brilliant! Here goes then!

Team Name: West Cliff Racing (obviously...)
Team Nationality: British/Manx (based in Britain, with Manx ownership - Foxdale Auto Racing Team)
Chassis Designation: WCR-LMP-001
Chassis Designer: George West (again, obviously, considering the team's ownership and heritage)
Engine: Renault-Alpine
Drivers (First Car): Norman Isles (from St. Helier, Jersey, Channel Islands, a contemporary of Peter Port), Melanie Bourne (from somewhere in Australia ;) ), TBA
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

If anyone was dying to have an entry in the road category, I'm happy for Himalayas Racing to just have the one car.

CoopsII wrote:

pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Rasmus wrote:
Rasmus wrote:If there is any free driver spot i would like to say that Casper Toft (DEN) is available to any seat. He brings a lot of talent and a good bunch of money. :)

Looking as many teams are without drivers I would like to say that Casper Toft is still available :)

I'd like to sign him for the #6 car.
Rasmus

Post by Rasmus »

That's great. He is more than delighted to get the opportunity.