1998 F1RGP2C Season - Duel in the Desert Race

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 1998 F1RGP2C Season - R15 Race Up

Post by Klon »

I just wanted to remind you that von Gottorp just had his last race, Anton Kaliniczenko takes over for Japan and the NC race.

Leonhard von Gottorp wrote:Thus ends this chapter of my life and what a glorious finale it was. I am very happy to finish my final race in the best position of my career. Sadly it never was enough for the big win, but I have won quite a bit in my life time and therefore only somewhat regret not reaching this milestone. Jordan has a great future ahead, I am going to ensure that by selecting the best possible buyer. For now, I would like to thank everyone who has made this long run possible and would like to also state how proud I am to have had Damon Cannon as a team mate. He is, if you pardon this direct statement, one of the most talented guys in the world today and I can guarantee his name won't be forgotten in a looooong time.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Ben Fleet wrote:WHAT? DAMS 4th and 6th? How did that happen? Damn it. Had a great race last time, this has deflated any residual good feeling I had left after the last race. Still, if anybody wants me for next year, I'm available.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Note, there was originally a qualifying session here, but my laptop died before I could save it, so I had to run another one.
Round 16: Japan

Code: Select all

1. James James Davies (McLaren) - 1:35.860
2. Rory McAllister (McLaren) - 1:35.973
3. Tom Douglas (Ferrari) - 1:36.131
4. Kazuhiko Takagi (Ferrari) - 1:37.144
5. John Zimmer (Benetton) - 1:37.311
6. Masta Valsattis (Benetton) - 1:37.378
7. Damon Cannon (Jordan) - 1:37.380
8. Andrew Spokes (Williams) - 1:37.660
9. Anton Kaliniczenko (Jordan) - 1:37.978
10. Frederic-Maxime Voeckler (Williams) - 1:38.084
11. Jorg Scrattenheim (DAMS) - 1:38.480
12. Ron Mignolet (Prost) - 1:38.488
13. Pablo da Silva (Sauber) - 1:38.765

14. Ralf Alden (Stewart) - 1:39.037
15. Niko Nurminen (DAMS) - 1:39.058
16. Jose Alvarez (Stewart) - 1:39.284
17. Miko Fakkinen (Sauber) - 1:39.328
18. Stephano Baroncelli (Arrows) - 1:39.378
19. Ben Fleet (Arrows) - 1:39.452
20. Poppy Whitechapel (Lola) - 1:40.170
21. Francisco Remedio (Prost) - 1:40.226
22. Plinio Vida (Minardi) - 1:40.995
23. Rick Douglais (Lola) - 1:41.005
24. Gonzalo Solari (Minardi) - 1:41.010
25. Emmanuele Nicchi (Gauthier) - 1:41.018
26. Lawrence Tucker (Volga) - 1:41.071
DNQ Yuuri Jougaseki (Volga) - 1:41.108
DNQ Vic Sunset (Gauthier) - 1:41.501
Last edited by tristan1117 on 25 Nov 2013, 04:06, edited 1 time in total.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
TomWazzleshaw

Re: 1998 F1RGP2C Season - R16 Quali Up

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Gonzalo Solari and his millions of Argentine pesos are looking for a home on the grid next year. He's willing to drive literally anything, for as long or as little as you want. We need to get him into as many backmarker and midfield teams in his career as possible to turn him into our Pedro Diniz :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Wizzie wrote:Gonzalo Solari and his millions of Argentine pesos are looking for a home on the grid next year. He's willing to drive literally anything, for as long or as little as you want. We need to get him into as many backmarker and midfield teams in his career as possible to turn him into our Pedro Diniz :P

Depending on whether I get BAR next year, I'll certainly be in contact...there's a few drivers on my shortlist if I'm accepted into the team owners' fraternity.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Andreas Stefano wrote:I'll set the team orders to ensure Takagi is always in the behind Douglas. :twisted:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
The Lukas

Post by The Lukas »

Volga Grand Prix is on the grid and proceed to the year 1999, as something
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Lawrence Tucker would like to know whether or not Volga wants to keep him for 1999.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Review:
James James Davies wins. The season is over.

Positives:
James James Davies: Let's take a moment to appreciate Davies' Domination of the 1998 F1 season. 10 wins. 10 pole positions. 10 fastest laps. It is clearly the most dominant season in F1RGP2C history. All doubts about Davies' driving ability have been eliminated. Davies came into the season with one victory and will leave with eleven.

Jordan: Anton Kaliniczenko picked up a fourth place on his Jordan debut, and his first points in four seasons of racing. Another late John Zimmer retirement ensured a third place finish for Jordan in the Constructors' Championship, which they have been vainly searching for since their fourth place finish in 1994. But no more. Congrats to Jordan.

Williams: A solid double-points finish for Williams to end the year will not assuage Hermann Mann and the very disappointed Williams team. But it's a nice way to end the year. Also, Voeckler at least justified his hiring by tying Daniel Moreno's points total. Good for him.

Negatives:
Gonzalo Solari: Solari was depressingly bad in his final attempt to impress teams for next season. A spin and an engine problem, as well as a large amount of blocking other cars earned him Reject of the Race.

Benetton: A double-DNF to end the year. Not a great season for Benetton. Zimmer and Valsattis have done enough to stay on for next year, but that's about it.

Stewart: Zero points. Oh well.

Japan
Leaders:
James James Davies: 1-
FL: Rory McAllister

Penalties:
+2 to Gonzalo Solari for blocking James James Davies and Jorg Scrattenheim
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Nurminen and Scrattenheim was seen throwing the blown up engine out the motorhome. :lol:

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

José Alvarez wrote:Ah, for sure it's not been a great season for us...so many mechanical issues it was pretty impossible to score. Hopefully I'll still be here for 1999, and if so I'm hoping that unreliability won't be our downfall.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Finally, Voeckler finishes ahead of Spokes! I thought the day would never come...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

1998 Duel of the Desert

The battle for the Nabisco Trophy is back! Teams can now enter whomever they want for their seats. Two regulars, one guest/one regular, two guests, whatever you'd like.

McLaren
1. Niko Nurminen
2. Pieter Kickert

Ferrari
3. Tom Douglas
4. Douglas Mann

Jordan
5. Anton Kaliniczenko
6. Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler

Benetton
7. Masta Valsattis
8. Max von Hegel

Williams
9. Andrew Spokes
10. Frederic-Maxime Voeckler

DAMS
11. Jorg Scrattenheim
12. Ron Mignolet

Arrows
13. Ben Fleet
14. Alexander von Hegel

Sauber
15. Geoff Grove
16. Miko Fakkinen

Gauthier
17. Emmanuele Nicchi
18. Vic Sunset

Prost
19. Francisco Remedio
20. Gonzalo Solari

Minardi
21. Plinio Vida
22. Nicklas Kristiansen

Lola
23. Poppy Whitechapel
24. Rick Douglais

Volga
25. Lawrence Tucker
26. Yuuri Jougaseki

Stewart
27. Jose Alvarez
28. Ralf Alden

Guest Drivers:
29. Jose Pablo Mazzacane
30. Alejandrina Rodriguez
31. Guillaume Gauthier
32. James James Davies
33. Deanna McMohan
34. Petrus Handoyo
35. Prince Walik
36. Rafael Modena
Last edited by tristan1117 on 07 Dec 2013, 04:42, edited 17 times in total.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

As reward for their efforts this year, Rory McAllister and James James Davies have both earned a break from driving duties at McLaren for this weekend, so they can do whatever the hell they want. In their place, we will enter our test drivers Niko Nurminen and Pieter Kickert for Phoenix.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

José Pablo Mazzacane will enter as a guest starter with Mazzacane Motorsport.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

As usual, Zimmer will sit out the most pointless race in the world. Valsattis can drive the Benetton, and I'll open up the second seat for offers.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Usual procedure, Damon Cannon will be sitting this one out, whilst Poppy Whitechapel will particpate, attempting to win back-to-back Duels In the Desert.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

As the handler for Vic Sunset, I wish to ask Gauthier whether or not Sunset will stay on for the Duel in the Desert?
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:As the handler for Vic Sunset, I wish to ask Gauthier whether or not Sunset will stay on for the Duel in the Desert?

As long as he wants to. The same goes for Emanuele Nicchi. Guillaume Gauthier will also make a one-off return from retirement to race as a guest entry.

Wizzie wrote:As reward for their efforts this year, Rory McAllister and James James Davies have both earned a break from driving duties at McLaren for this weekend, so they can do whatever the hell they want.

James James Davies wrote:Thanks boss, but you know, racing is just what I do. I can't see myself twiddling my thumbs on the sidelines... ever, really. So Imma enter as a guest entry.
Everything's great.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Emanuele Nicchi will drive for Gauthier :)
Trump 2016
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Wizzie wrote:As reward for their efforts this year, Rory McAllister and James James Davies have both earned a break from driving duties at McLaren for this weekend, so they can do whatever the hell they want. In their place, we will enter our test drivers Niko Nurminen and Pieter Kickert for Phoenix.

Just to notify DAMS, Nurminen confirms this.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 1998 F1RGP2C Season - Duel in the Desert Signups

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Williams will enter Andrew Spokes and Frederic Maxime Voeckler
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Danish youngling Nicklas Kristiansen, son of former sportscar team owner (and in the future, RDS co-founder) Jan, is looking to score a drive with any team with a view to racing in 1999.

José Alvarez is also happy to race with Stewart, should they require him.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Salamander wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:As the handler for Vic Sunset, I wish to ask Gauthier whether or not Sunset will stay on for the Duel in the Desert?

As long as he wants to. The same goes for Emanuele Nicchi. Guillaume Gauthier will also make a one-off return from retirement to race as a guest entry.

Alright, Blokkmonsta will let Vic represent with Gauthier at the Duel then!
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Ralf Alden will probably race in Stewart pending approval from his owner. (Is it Pasta? I'm not too sure anymore :oops: )

Also, Daniel Moreno is hoping to race in a seat, with the cars higher up the grid getting the highest preference.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

^I own him (Alden), and yes, I approve of it.

On Ferrari's side, Takagi again decided to skip the duel this year for "personal reasons" and Christophe Vans will drive in place of Takagi. Douglas will drive, unless Wizzie objects. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

DAMS would like to enter with Scrattenheim, and Daniel Moreno is being approached for the second entry.

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

With Damon Cannon sitting the DITD out once again, former Formula 1 driver and current Jordan tester Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler would like to remind his team he is willing to step up to race duties in this NC round.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Errr, why is James James Davies not in the guest entries?
Everything's great.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Sauber will enter Geoff Grove in one car. Other driver TBA
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Prost is looking for an experienced driver with midfield succes for the first car. As Ron Mignolet is a certainty for 1999, Remedio gets another chance to prove his worth in this race instead, in the second car.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Minardi will be entering Plinio Vida in one of the cars.

Ataxia wrote:Danish youngling Nicklas Kristiansen, son of former sportscar team owner (and in the future, RDS co-founder) Jan, is looking to score a drive with any team with a view to racing in 1999.

Minardi will happily offer a seat for Nicklas for the Duel in the Desert, as an evaluation for the second race seat in 1999.

Meanwhile, Sven Rydell is considering a change of engine supplier...to Volvo power for the coming season. :o
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

East Londoner wrote:
Ataxia wrote:Danish youngling Nicklas Kristiansen, son of former sportscar team owner (and in the future, RDS co-founder) Jan, is looking to score a drive with any team with a view to racing in 1999.

Minardi will happily offer a seat for Nicklas for the Duel in the Desert, as an evaluation for the second race seat in 1999.

Super, that's a deal.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Petrus Handoyo will enter as guest entry with Caraxl Racing. Do I need to paint livery in this series?
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
The Lukas

Post by The Lukas »

Volga
25.Lawrence Tucker
26.Yuuri Jougaseski
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

If Possible Hunter Autosport would like to enter as a guest entry with our driver Deanna McMohan
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

This wrote:Prost is looking for an experienced driver with midfield succes for the first car. As Ron Mignolet is a certainty for 1999, Remedio gets another chance to prove his worth in this race instead, in the second car.

There's been a mistake on the entry list, i said here that Ron Mignolet was not driving for Duel in the Desert, and that i was looking for an experienced driver instead ;)
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

This wrote:
This wrote:Prost is looking for an experienced driver with midfield succes for the first car. As Ron Mignolet is a certainty for 1999, Remedio gets another chance to prove his worth in this race instead, in the second car.

There's been a mistake on the entry list, i said here that Ron Mignolet was not driving for Duel in the Desert, and that i was looking for an experienced driver instead ;)

Gonzalo Solari is more than happy to drive the car at Duel in the Desert, if you so choose.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Wizzie wrote:
This wrote:

Gonzalo Solari is more than happy to drive the car at Duel in the Desert, if you so choose.

F1RGP2C experience is required.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

This wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
This wrote:There's been a mistake on the entry list, i said here that Ron Mignolet was not driving for Duel in the Desert, and that i was looking for an experienced driver instead ;)

F1RGP2C experience is required.

Where have you been for the last six races? :lol: