The Markus Winkelhock GT Racing Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
FloProAct

The Markus Winkelhock GT Racing Thread

Post by FloProAct »

Ladies and Gentlemen, in honour of everyone's favourite Nurburgring F1 race leader and winner of the 2012 FIA GT1 Series for GT3 cars, I am proud to announce.....The Markus Winkelhock GT Racing Thread!

I'm aware that we have the Sportscar and Endurance thread, but that seems to exist mostly to discuss the big endurance races, as opposed to FIA GT, Blancpain etc. Nevertheless, if you feel this thread is unnecessary, feel free to say, and I will delete it.

The rebranded (again) FIA GT Series starts this weekend at Nogaro with a field that can only be described as eclectic. Winkelhock himself will not be defending his title, but reject interest is still in the series in the shape of Karun Chandhock, who will be driving a Mercedes SLS for Seyffarth Motorsport. Other drivers include Sebastien Loeb, almost-reject Ricardo Zonta and French goalkeeping legend Fabien Barthez. Thoughts?
Jocke1

Re: The Markus Winkelhock GT Racing Thread

Post by Jocke1 »

FloProAct wrote:The rebranded (again) FIA GT Series starts this weekend at Nogaro

Ahh, Nogaro.

The scene for the greatest moment in motorsport history. Luca Badoer clinching the 1992 International F3000 Championship
with a Hat Trick. Pole, win & fastest lap.

-*:-
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

FloProAct wrote: Other drivers include Sebastien Loeb, almost-reject Ricardo Zonta and French goalkeeping legend Fabien Barthez. Thoughts?

Fabian. Barthez. What. The. Bathplug.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

WaffleCat wrote:
FloProAct wrote: Other drivers include Sebastien Loeb, almost-reject Ricardo Zonta and French goalkeeping legend Fabien Barthez. Thoughts?

Fabian. Barthez. What. The. Bathplug.

He has been doing some French regional races for several years now. Peugeot RCZ Cup, French Porsche Carrera Cup and the like. Never seen a race of his though. I wonder if his driving style is as Maldonado as his goalkeeping style was...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Let's just say it's a good thing Massimo Taibi never took up motor racing, then!
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

FloProAct wrote:I'm aware that we have the Sportscar and Endurance thread, but that seems to exist mostly to discuss the big endurance races, as opposed to FIA GT, Blancpain etc. Nevertheless, if you feel this thread is unnecessary, feel free to say, and I will delete it.

I must say, these days in my old age I get confused by all the different sports car series going around. World Endurance, ALMS, ELMS, Asian LMS, Grand-Am, FIA GT, Blancpain ... enough to make anyone's head spin.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

eytl wrote:
FloProAct wrote:I'm aware that we have the Sportscar and Endurance thread, but that seems to exist mostly to discuss the big endurance races, as opposed to FIA GT, Blancpain etc. Nevertheless, if you feel this thread is unnecessary, feel free to say, and I will delete it.

I must say, these days in my old age I get confused by all the different sports car series going around. World Endurance, ALMS, ELMS, Asian LMS, Grand-Am, FIA GT, Blancpain ... enough to make anyone's head spin.

Not to mention C1, C2, GTP, Group 5 ECT
It's to confusing for a "youngster" like me
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!